PDA

View Full Version : PS4 - WTF is wrong with the steering

theturtleking
07-05-2015, 20:17
As the title suggests. No matter what I try in the settings I just can't get the steering to be as responsive and perfect as it is in Gran Turismo and Driveclub. I'm not new to Driving simulation games but this takes the piss. I find myself having to counter steer all the time. Even getting my to be in a straight line just isn't happening. Works fine with a steering wheel but with the pad the game is basically broken and unplayable.

BuToNz
07-05-2015, 20:18
Which controller mode are you using?

could_do_better
07-05-2015, 20:18
Nice way to introduce yourself. I'll be suprised if you get much help with that approach.

darkpheonix
07-05-2015, 20:19
What controller profile are you using ?
Also are you using any aids ?

wizza
07-05-2015, 20:20
Are driving aids on or off,are u diving with the correct tyres ? a little more info would help in resolving your issue :D

hybrid.art
07-05-2015, 20:21
At first try to lower the steering sensitivity to 10-20% and raise the Controller Filtering Sensitivity to about 20%.

theturtleking
07-05-2015, 20:21
It was originally the default setting(mode 3) and that was just useless. I've had a fidget around with all sorts of possibilities and nothing seems to be getting the steering to work smoothly. Sorry If Im seem pissed, but I've just paid 45 for a game that won't play smoothly. All driving aids are off.

hybrid.art
07-05-2015, 20:24
You should set Driving Assists Allowed to REAL if you use a controller. Allot of real racing cars have certain assists on by default. I recommend to stick to that.

IJOJOI
07-05-2015, 20:26
It was originally the default setting and that was just useless. I've had a fidget around with all sorts of possibilities and nothing seems to be getting the steering to work smoothly. Sorry If Im seem pissed, but I've just paid 45 for a game that won't play smoothly. All driving aids are off.

Don't expect to drive like a pro with all assists off, Project Cars is not your average GT/FORZA, it was manly developed with Wheel users. You really have to keep the assists on!

Sankyo
07-05-2015, 20:28
As the title suggests. No matter what I try in the settings I just can't get the steering to be as responsive and perfect as it is in Gran Turismo and Driveclub. I'm not new to Driving simulation games but this takes the piss. I find myself having to counter steer all the time. Even getting my to be in a straight line just isn't happening. Works fine with a steering wheel but with the pad the game is basically broken and unplayable.
What car(s)? Are you on cold tyres? Are you taking it easy on the throttle?

darkpheonix
07-05-2015, 20:31
If you're smooth enough with your gamepad you should be able to drive well with only TC and ABS on which is what I do when I play on my shitty logitech gamepad which only has 0/1 buttons (No stick so all or nothing buttons=

theturtleking
07-05-2015, 20:37
I've reset everything to default and set assists allowed to real. It feels better than it did but still really bad. If I'm holding full lock right and let go of the analog stick it jerks my wheels straight back to being straight instead of easily bringing them back to that posistion like in a real car. It's like theres no inbetween.

GT500
07-05-2015, 20:39
That sounds like a dead zone sensitivity issue. I don't have ps4 version atm

theturtleking
07-05-2015, 20:43
That sounds like a dead zone sensitivity issue. I don't have ps4 version atm

Deadzone - 15
Steering sensitivity is at 50

Rob Prange
07-05-2015, 20:49
Moved to PS4 Technical Support forum.

darkpheonix
07-05-2015, 20:49
Try suppressing all deadzones and setting the steering sensitivity to 30

GT500
07-05-2015, 20:55
I am sure someone with ps4 knowledge can advice you turtleking. A more controlled approach when using the analog stick should be enough to prevent counter correcting all the time.
Make the steering less sensitive could help, but others have painstakingly tested the default controls. If I had full lock on my wheel and let it centre quickly the car would react badly.

Roostaboosta
07-05-2015, 20:59
Sounds like he isn't used to proper Sim physics.

Fluk3
07-05-2015, 21:07
Sounds like he isn't used to proper Sim physics.

I think I have this issue.. I keep fishtailing and spinning out of control! Getting myself very frustrated! Any ideas of how to overcome this with or without driving aids? Sensitivity? im using a dualshock4 btw on ps4! Maybe im trying to play it like burnout?its heartbreaking to do well then spin out near the end..

could_do_better
07-05-2015, 21:09
I have no idea if this will help on PS4 too but there are some suggestions here for Xbox One controller setup.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?21858-Xbox-One-Controller-Settings-Problems-amp-Solutions

theturtleking
07-05-2015, 21:10
Try suppressing all deadzones and setting the steering sensitivity to 30

Thank you. It's not perfect but it feels loads better now.

Joven
07-05-2015, 21:12
One thing I've seen people do and tried it myself and seemed to help be more nuanced with the controls (although can be uncomfortable after a while), is to keep the analog stick pushed forward and treat it like its a little wheel.

Gooseone
07-05-2015, 21:12
Set steering sensitivity to 0, controller filtering to 75 and make sure you have soft steering enabled. I would suggest to disable opposite lock help.
You can try mode 1 with the default deadzone (which is 48 i think) and the above suggestions, i would not set a high deadzone with modes 2 and 3.

If you use an external camera, use enough speed sensitive steering ( probably 60 and above), if you use cockpit view you can lower it a bit and gauge your input by the wheel.
There is a difference in steering speed between just releasing the stick and moving it from side to side, instead of keeping your thumb on the stick to correct, try to just release it instead.

There is a bit of a learning curve but it shouldn't be insurmountable.

Bealdor
07-05-2015, 21:13
I have created a Dualshock 4 specific support thread:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?21864-Dualshock-4-Controller-Settings-Problems-amp-Solutions

Fluk3
07-05-2015, 21:19
Thankyou will give this a try!! 😀