PDA

View Full Version : [NO] Will the WMD forums open to new members ?

neoglow
07-05-2015, 20:37
Ive waited so long for the release of PCars and unfortunately I missed the opportunity to sign up to the WMD program and forums.

Will the WMD forum open to new members so we can see all the threads and information that members shared over the years in the creation of Project CARS?

Hello to everyone.
Cheers, Mark.

could_do_better
07-05-2015, 20:40
We are going to copy all the important ones across in the coming days.

JamoZ
07-05-2015, 20:42
If they would provide that option, it would take you many years to read all the info, data, discussions and mindless ramblings. I think it's for your own safety to keep your distance from those forums :p

Joven
07-05-2015, 20:42
Not really. Theres a lot of stuff on there that probably a.) doesn't have relevance anymore, and b.) could contain personal stuff people wouldn't want made public except for the already built-in community. Plus it would be an awful lot to sift through.

Basically just imagine a never ending weave of topics in the shape of a Mandelbrot set made of car request posts and you get the gist.

neoglow
07-05-2015, 20:47
Thanks guys.

Are the rumours true that PCars 2 will use the same WMD program for its creation?

Dorny
07-05-2015, 20:59
Well its called Project Community Assisted Racing Simulator so would be daft to ditch the community/WMD for the sequel when that happens. But right now I think there too busy with Pcars1 to even be thinking about the sequel

Maxime Parquet
07-05-2015, 22:19
Copy of important things is a good way to start, let the devs have some "rest", even if they are still busy with pC1 :p

Wilco
07-05-2015, 23:00
I was going to post a request for information on the rift dk2 support and help. Will this information be made available? I understand that the VR support is WIP and thus SMS may wish to avoid commenting in detail officially, but as a rift user I'm very interested in finding out the community current thinking.

Aldo Zampatti
08-05-2015, 02:28
I was going to post a request for information on the rift dk2 support and help. Will this information be made available? I understand that the VR support is WIP and thus SMS may wish to avoid commenting in detail officially, but as a rift user I'm very interested in finding out the community current thinking.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?21856-Oculus-rift-DK2-Setup-Guide This will be your bible :)

Remember as you said, VR is WIP but it looks SO DAMN GOOD!! :)

Aldo Zampatti
08-05-2015, 02:30
Thanks guys.

Are the rumours true that PCars 2 will use the same WMD program for its creation?

There will be MANY many more PCARS games in the future for sure!. This requires some time for planning/developing.
Nothing has started yet, so we better enjoy PCARS1!! There are still a LOT of things to come in the near future for PCARS
First Free car is already available, so this is just the beginning ... FOR REAL!

Joethe147
08-05-2015, 03:18
Yeah this could definitely be supported for a few years and then consider a sequel.

Wilco
08-05-2015, 09:20
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?21856-Oculus-rift-DK2-Setup-Guide This will be your bible :)

Remember as you said, VR is WIP but it looks SO DAMN GOOD!! :)

Thanks for the link mate, much appreciated.