PDA

View Full Version : Xbox One Controller: Settings, Problems & Solutions

Pages : 1 [2]

el Periko de Vk
11-05-2015, 09:40
They already are the best communicators on the XBone. The devs, Andy and Ian in particular, have a massive load of work to do, so would you prefer they take time out from fixing the problem to talk to you about the problem, or let you know what has been fixed after it has been fixed? I know the controls are a little difficult, but there are workarounds, plenty of settings have been posted to make the game work well, but please give it time. The building blocks are there to make it the best racing game on the console for a long while.

Absolutely agree

Yesterday I played with a friend, he has the digital edition, I have the box. He did not seem to have problems and I instead occasionally me to a straight or spun uncontrollably.

It is possible that the settings are not the solution. If they have identified a bug I prefer to wait to settle it.
Do not fail to take the opportunity to play and adjust other things in the game

regards

N B K GHOST
11-05-2015, 16:17
www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bOKqwqh8KU

This guy has a video up on you tube about xbox one controller setting and it works stella stig

itakethepics
11-05-2015, 16:54
Don't see how the digital version would be different than the CD version, doesn't it install the game to the HDD anyway and then just read the disk for the "right to play" the game?

Ixoye56
11-05-2015, 17:01
Don't see how the digital version would be different than the CD version, doesn't it install the game to the HDD anyway and then just read the disk for the "right to play" the game?

Maybe they sent the wrong version to the disc manufacturer

itakethepics
11-05-2015, 17:09
Maybe they sent the wrong version to the disc manufacturer

wouldn't it just update when you installed it though if there was an update out?

Spiny Anteater
11-05-2015, 18:40
This may not work for everyone, but after struggling massively the first couple of days I tried turning on steering assistance and found things much more controllable. Still, got the occasional sticking on full lock, but all other aspects seem much improved.

I suspect that I won't be the only ex-Forza player who read steering assistance as being a setting which makes the game steer for you. What it actually seems to do is make the controls similar to Forza's "normal" steering when switched on, as opposed to Forza's "simulation" setting when switched off (which I also found undriveable). As I said, it seems to have made a massive improvement for me, however a friend described as "driving a bus through treacle" so this one won't be for everyone.

I saw earlier in this thread a suggestion that it might be handy to add a descriptor next to each slider of what it does when highlighted, which would certainly help when setting up. Not a vital fix, but I could see it being very helpful to anyone setting up.

Finally, I'd just like to say that it's great to see Ian Bell giving updates through the forums, even over the weekend. After the FM5 experience, this is a breath of fresh air.

DeviR11
11-05-2015, 19:00
So anyone know, what "steering assistance" do? As Spiny Anteater says, I did not even think about setting this on, because of my experience from Forza, where game steer for you. I will definitely try this to see what happen.

AndyD
11-05-2015, 21:16
This may not work for everyone, but after struggling massively the first couple of days I tried turning on steering assistance and found things much more controllable. Still, got the occasional sticking on full lock, but all other aspects seem much improved.

I suspect that I won't be the only ex-Forza player who read steering assistance as being a setting which makes the game steer for you. What it actually seems to do is make the controls similar to Forza's "normal" steering when switched on, as opposed to Forza's "simulation" setting when switched off (which I also found undriveable). As I said, it seems to have made a massive improvement for me, however a friend described as "driving a bus through treacle" so this one won't be for everyone.

I saw earlier in this thread a suggestion that it might be handy to add a descriptor next to each slider of what it does when highlighted, which would certainly help when setting up. Not a vital fix, but I could see it being very helpful to anyone setting up.

Finally, I'd just like to say that it's great to see Ian Bell giving updates through the forums, even over the weekend. After the FM5 experience, this is a breath of fresh air.

No idea what it does either but it seems to work better for me too - now feel I need to speed the steering up a bit to compensate

merge111
11-05-2015, 22:29
Any word on when the controller dead zone patch will be out?

Sucks paying full price for a game to have it just sit on my shelf.

Ixoye56
12-05-2015, 02:27
"Steering Assistance" was the trick to make it more drivable for me also before i updated my controller, so try that first, if you haven't done it already.

Sennasational
12-05-2015, 03:00
"Steering Assistance" was the trick to make it more drivable for me also before i updated my controller, so try that first, if you haven't done it already.

I just tried this, and whilst it does make things somewhat easier, that's because (despite what the original poster suggested) it is actually a very similar system to the steering assistance in Forza - it steers for you. Go around a corner with steering assistance on, without touching the left thumbstick, and the car will still turn. Not as much or as well as if you were handling it yourself, but that is why it seems easier, any corrections or slight adjustments to the steering are safer because you're essentially on rails.

Looking forward to the patch, it's playable as it is with the steering settings tweaked, but the most frustrating thing about the broken steering is that you can see the potential for this to be a great racing game (I heard it already is on other platforms). Hopefully that potential will become a reality with the patch, and soon.

menaceuk
12-05-2015, 07:15

It works because the game essentially steers for you. Same as Braking assistance essentially brakes for you.

If putting..

steering sensitivity to 0
steering dead zone to 0
speed sensitivity to 65
controller filtering to 50-60
steering dampening on(Advanced)

..doesn't allow you to control cars well, then you need to wait for a patch.

Dazza1976
12-05-2015, 11:04
It works because the game essentially steers for you. Same as Braking assistance essentially brakes for you.

If putting..

steering sensitivity to 0
steering dead zone to 0
speed sensitivity to 65
controller filtering to 50-60
steering dampening on(Advanced)

..doesn't allow you to control cars well, then you need to wait for a patch.

Exactly. It's great that people have found settings that help but you have to use driving aids. Without them the controls are knackered BUT Ian has stated they have fixed internally so only matter of time.

As mentioned previously turn the telemetry on and slowly move stick left / right and pull triggers. You will clearly see the issue with missing input range and there is a lot missing. Good news is I'm confident once patched all users who actually want more sim experience will love the game.

Beagle Five
12-05-2015, 11:05
Guys ( and girls? ) the most important thing if you want a driveable car:

DRIVING MODE 3!

Always start with that!
Then you can tweak that a little maybe. Or put the steering on the d-pad!
But any of the other steering modes gives you a twitchy car!

Please put this in the xbox issues sticky!

Dazza1976
12-05-2015, 11:29
Guys ( and girls? ) the most important thing if you want a driveable car:

DRIVING MODE 3!

Always start with that!
Then you can tweak that a little maybe. Or put the steering on the d-pad!
But any of the other steering modes gives you a twitchy car!

Please put this in the xbox issues sticky!

Mode 3 does seem to be the best solution but even so with all aids off it is far from stable and the missing range issue is omnipresent. Beagle which aids are you using if any with mode 3?

menaceuk
12-05-2015, 11:34
Exactly. It's great that people have found settings that help but you have to use driving aids. Without them the controls are knackered BUT Ian has stated they have fixed internally so only matter of time.

As mentioned previously turn the telemetry on and slowly move stick left / right and pull triggers. You will clearly see the issue with missing input range and there is a lot missing. Good news is I'm confident once patched all users who actually want more sim experience will love the game.

I do not use driving aids. All my assists are off.

I am not saying they are perfect, but I have been racing for 18 hours now and have had no problems getting powerful cars round tracks with no assists.

totlxtc
12-05-2015, 11:34
If anyone has the sound turn off problem under braking then there is a solution for now. If you plug your controller in with a play and charge cable then it seems to fix the issue.

Dazza1976
12-05-2015, 11:44
I do not use driving aids. All my assists are off.

I am not saying they are perfect, but I have been racing for 18 hours now and have had no problems getting powerful cars round tracks with no assists.

Ok so no abs, stability etc with a pad is good work (I believe the settings for these are on a different tab in the controls away from the deadzones etc). Do you see the missing range issue when you turn the telemetry on menace?

menaceuk
12-05-2015, 11:51
Ok so no abs, stability etc with a pad is good work (I believe the settings for these are on a different tab in the controls away from the deadzones etc). Do you see the missing range issue when you turn the telemetry on menace?

Honestly, haven't tried.

Beagle Five
12-05-2015, 11:52
Mode 3 does seem to be the best solution but even so with all aids off it is far from stable and the missing range issue is omnipresent. Beagle which aids are you using if any with mode 3?

The default mode 3 is actually very good!
The problems are of course there, but you can drive the cars!
I have no assists on but have turned down steering/braking deadzones/sensetivity to zero.
Most because I kept spinning when braking, the rears locked up. Very annoying when you are driving like a god and two or three times a race you end up looking into the wall, so this is important, and learning how to modulate the brakes! In a resl car, you can countersteer and sort of slide into the corner, here... Not so much! :)

The advanced settings are like they are on default on mode 3.

totlxtc
12-05-2015, 12:08
I have no assists on but have turned down steering/braking deadzones/sensetivity to zero.
Most because I kept spinning when braking, the rears locked up. Very annoying when you are driving like a god and two or three times a race you end up looking into the wall, so this is important, and learning how to modulate the brakes! In a resl car, you can countersteer and sort of slide into the corner, here... Not so much! :)

Regarding braking issues, try this:

I had same issue with the Aston Martin Vantage GT4 around Imola. Goto your pit setting and change the brake pressure. The Aston was at 100% and took it down to 70%. Now easier braking and no more rear locking.

menaceuk
12-05-2015, 12:53

I have been playing about with the modes and I have come up with this.

Mode 1: Touring cars.
Mode 3: Open Wheel cars
Mode 2: is in the middle.

I didn't specifically try the LMP or Road cars.

s1yfa
12-05-2015, 15:13
:

Steering can get stuck at full steering lock -> Workaround: Set "Steering Deadzone" to 0

Not sure if this has been mentioned anywhere yet, but the deadzone workaround is even worse for me and some of my friends. I guess older controllers (I still have my day 1 controller) are worn a bit more, so the thumbstick doesn't self centre to absolute dead centre (may be off my a fraction of a millimeter...) but the game picks that up and the cars all constantly pull to the right (or left in the case of one friend). I have to set my deadzone to 20 to keep things going in a straight line, but obviously I can't then countersteer in a slide with any guarantee the wheels are doing what I want.

ToOSk3tChY
12-05-2015, 15:17
Let me just highlight something here that may be of no relevance but I feel I should.

XB1 controllers are hugely susceptible to damage within the left stick due to a faulty part(later batches may have fixed this, but not sure) so if you have had your controller a little while then you 'could' have the problem I had.

Back in FEB 2014 I damaged my controller playing FM5. Turn right, click the stick in, does it go too far and make an extra odd click noise?

Anyway I didn't get a new one as it really did not effect me at all on FM5, however whenever I painted I knew there was drift in the left stick. Fast forward and PCARS is released. I struggled like hell so revised and got some decent settings but then I noticed after running a few controlled laps my drift was there(I had forgotten about that). This was making the already twitch snap controls crazy as I was going left to right switching every right turn and don't get me started on chicanes. Thats what I couldnt fix in the settings.

I took apart my xbone controller and fixed it. Its great now. So the Moral... XBOX 1 Controllers with even the tiniest drift will make diagnosing the controls issue really tough and there are plenty of faulty xb1 controllers out there.

This is not me saying this is the problem I'm just saying check this by paying close attention to your car to make sure its not drifting before getting upset that 'no settings will fix this' just like I did.

Thanks
S

Bob Loblaw
12-05-2015, 15:37
Agreed. This is way beyond unacceptable. How could anyone actually consider this game ready for release? I would've preferred to wait another couple weeks or a month if this is the end result. It's so bad in fact it makes forza 5 look like a full simulation racing game. Don't get me wrong, I like forza 4 and 5, but this was supposedly gonna be better? Whoever thought this game was ready for release should fired to set an example. Even if they fix these numerous problems, the negative effect on their reputation will never go away. The steering is absolutely horrific and unresponsive and the sound cuts out during braking. Unless changes are made "ASAP" I will be fighting with Microsoft as well for my refund.

Natural Poulpy
12-05-2015, 16:29
This game is a big joke. 70 euros for a beta game..

Plenty of bug, after only 48h at this game, i want to crash my Xone in the wall.

phoenix8000
12-05-2015, 19:54
This is my first post as i've never felt the need to get into a forum before. I've just played what i had and if it was crap then it got sold on...there certainly seems to be more patching and DLC in games these days and usually at a cost, not sure if its just people getting games out too early, too much push from the bean counters, or people trying to cram too much in too soon in their deployments, maybe a bit of each - but at least they now have the option of updating games.

Personally i'd have taken it down a peg or five - if dynamic full on beans are causing issues, switch them off and then dev them one at a time, if tracks are glitchy due to number of runners then reduce it and then dev it more to increase it but always staying this side of solid - look at F1, anyone going out to blow the socks off another team with some high tech, full on next-next-gen concept stuff is just asking for trouble (McLaren, Toyota, BAR, Williams, Tyrell all guilty of it past and present, there have only been a few real genius movers and shakers in the last 40yrs and maybe SMS/WMD are trying to get that accolade) - keep it simple, solid and build on it - my socks dont need blown off on launch day - i'd be happy with a rock solid game that has 16 karts or 20 GT's or whatever than some of the issues that being reported. Once in the domain each upgrade would surely then be able to be tested on the platform of choice and then sock blowing off could commence...this is "Project" Cars....exactly that and a bloody big project with a lot of future to run with....just dont bring out PC2 before xmas please..that might p!ss a few punters off.

I appreciate that there is a patch in progress to fix some of the known issues, no doubt with others to follow - hats off to the dev team for working on this so quickly - i've also got the range of listed problems from sound, controls and graphics so am just sitting reading, looking for updates instead of playing which is a necessary evil at this time. Hats off to the moderators for keeping their cool, to the devs for keeping us posted as much as they can while they are patching and for Ian Bell for being man enough for coming on the forum to directly answer these posts - i'm sure he's not having a good time at work at the moment after all the work thats gone in with the resources they have but i'm sure the vision of "Built it and they will come" somehow translates into this game in one way or another...hat well an truely tipped to all of you..imagine if your project was running super slick on your dev-kit and then when its released its nothing like what people are seeing...dont really understand the reason the dev-kits are not the same as retain consoles but i guess they need to have some sort of magic box to code, poke and prod at or however it works..i like the fact that MS seem to be holding back something with match making - my ball, my game, my jumpers and if i get beat at my own game i'm going to take them away perhaps?...

Anyways, my queries.
1. can someone please advise how on earth they expect to map all the control functions to the XBOne controller - there must be 40 options and at last count i only have lets say 6 buttons free that i can have free by the time you use left/right, accel/brake, gear up/down and the two cameras that seem mandatory...surely this is just a port from the PC and was never really aimed at the consoles (is the market that big for sims on consoles? i think so - hope they bring out a full race/management plug-in upgrade DLC thingy for this....hint hint..). DRS and KERS are in F1 but do we need them in this?, brake balance yes, tire pressures, cup holders and automatic swiss army knife with spoon attachment no - let me change a few setting in a quick access menu (pressure for next tire set, wing adjustments) then apply at a pit stop. i doubt a lot of gamers have raced real cars so i dont see why they need to be able to adjust everything on the fly - go testing, make changes and then when ready go racing...this is a sim afterall, not Mariokart....try racing like real racers, damage should be mandatory imo.
2. I've also read numerous answers to "perfect settings" and quite a lot are completely opposite to each other in terms of this and that but what gets me is that people seem to be posting settings like "sensitivity = 22"...well i only seem to be able to go in steps of 5, not sure how you get 22 but someone must be able to - why not steps of say i dunno, "1"?
3. If you've got a PC, please stop posting on the XBone page - its a pain to go try stuff to then find out its a PC user with some massive overclocked steam powered hyper-doo-dah of a thingy with lights on the inside (do those light make this game run better - doubt it). I bought a consol so i didnt have to upgrade my tech every 3weeks and i thought this game would let me get a cracking race sim without the need to do that. I take the consol for what it is - the same as everyone elses (hopefully). If this was a fast Ford forum i wouldn't post my thoughts on Nissan issues.
4. Is there a limit to the characters in a post?
5. No?.. ok..why with all the track options in the world do we need crap fictional kart tracks - we have some bloody good kart tracks in the UK and no doubt the world stage too - where are they?, they cant be that big to build say 3 or 4 from each region and most are 0.9 to 1.3km long, hardly a huge task and they dont usually have all the crowds and stadiums around them (pit area yes, rest of track surround, no).....maybe get some more people interested in real racing too at the same time....
6. Game units - BarG for tire pressure? really - i've only ever used a PSI gauge at my kart track as it gives a better range and you only need 7-14psi in the dry and at most about 30psi in the wet, cars dry may 20-35psi, dont know why 0.01Barg increments are needed - thats 0.145psi - not to mention that i cant even see the decimal as the fonts are too narrow - its not like it needs to be that narrow - there's plenty of room for a better font.

Keep up the progress on the patches please, i dont mind that it may take 2-3weeks as i'd much rather be reading posts on racing and tactics, league competitions and improving setups than "my junk is broke - fix it"..

xpr roadrunner
12-05-2015, 20:43
did the update, hard reset (2x) and still getting the steering glitch.

yes I did the controller update too

FormerFaun
12-05-2015, 21:19
Could the development of team look at introducing rubble to the throttle trigger when the tyres break away ala forza 5?
I find it difficult to feel power down and to know just how aggressive I can be with throttle. At the moment the car seems to go sideways when the rear drive breaks away and by then it's difficult to catch the car or hold the slide/drift without any throttle trigger rumble. I like to play with all assists off.
I hope I've explained it clearly.

RuyGTR
12-05-2015, 22:44
Left stick keeps tilting to the left, even when I'm not turning left, it happens in the menus as well.

The 40oz Method
12-05-2015, 22:46
Left stick keeps tilting to the left, even when I'm not turning left, it happens in the menus as well.

You probly need a new controller

The 40oz Method
12-05-2015, 22:46
Could the development of team look at introducing rubble to the throttle trigger when the tyres break away ala forza 5?
I find it difficult to feel power down and to know just how aggressive I can be with throttle. At the moment the car seems to go sideways when the rear drive breaks away and by then it's difficult to catch the car or hold the slide/drift without any throttle trigger rumble. I like to play with all assists off.
I hope I've explained it clearly.

There is a thread with the patch notes. Rumble for the brakes and the throttle are coming in the update.

CODsucksROD
12-05-2015, 23:43
There is a thread with the patch notes. Rumble for the brakes and the throttle are coming in the update.

I hope its a permafix because half of the cars are almost impossable to drive why the others are a pain but drivable , the main thing is like stated above having proper FFB so we can handle the power of the cars without always overcorrecting and wall bound. They also said we will be able to have full axis rotation for steering which imo is what is breaking this game for console users as stated on many posts that they all want the Forza 5 feel with the Project Cars dynamics , well dont we all. .... great game , cant wait untill its %100 playable.

ManOfNantucket
12-05-2015, 23:46
I read a response from Ian Bell "We are aware of the issue and it's our top priority. It only affecting a small minority." I would like to add my name to the small minority. Even with deadzone set to 0 my controller is so out of control I cannot maintain any control of any car. Not a noob to racing games, played both Shift games, all Forza games, Race Pro, all Dirt games, a couple F1 games. I look forward to the patch so that I may start enjoying what looks like a good game.

Roger Prynne
12-05-2015, 23:46
Quote from Ian Bell.... if you haven't already read it.

Patch info.

Fixed Issues -

- Issue where cars would garage into closed garages in Zolder
- Console TT is now set to 11am to match PC
- Re-enabled saving of Community ghosts
- Added ABS brake rumble to XB1 triggers
- Changed XB1 pad rumble to only update during the per frame tick and not at 600hz
- Use absolute acceleration values for blending and updating steering movement to prevent negative direction
- XB1 trigger rumble scaled along with FFB rumble. XB1 analogue stick range corrected to use full extent
- The driver can no longer be switched in MP races and time trials
- Fix for NULL pointer protection when accessing ProximityDetector GUI

It might be 2- 4 days though.

Mav_Rick
13-05-2015, 00:05
i found this thread because i couldnt believe that i was so bad at this game.

i have logged almost 3 hrs of track time and havent gotten ONE clean lap, yet. before you think that i'm some fanboi that only likes racing games to 'go fast'....i was raised on the playstation with Gran Turismo. i bought the OG xbox because of Forza and it was the only game i ever had for the console. i bought the XB360 for Forza 2 and the Forza franchises were the only games i ever bought until T10 started wandering from their hardcore fanbase and dumbing down the product for the masses with the Horizon BS and Forza 5.

this game has so much potential. but it is HORRID on the XB1. no options for a FFB wheel may be a big culprit but it just feels like all of the cars feel the same. why am i spinning out an Evo 10 at 30 mph? shouldnt it understeer, at the limit? it feels not the least bit different than the MB 190E or any of the other cars i've mucked around with.

there's a patch coming, i read....cool. but i still have a very real problem in that the physics dont have a real differentiation from car to car. not to mention that its damn near impossible to 'save' a car once it breaks loose. im so tired of the 'death wobble' down a straight that i may end up billing the developers for my smashed controllers.

get it fixed!!!

CandySater
13-05-2015, 00:45
Didn't help still locks in one direction for my controller.
I managed to work this out guys... Set ur steering deadline to zero. Problem solved...

There is another issue tho... The vibration is all over the place. U can't get a good feel for oversteer or understeer or brake locking. I know the settings can be changed so if anyone has altered them please let us know.

CandySater
13-05-2015, 00:48
I have the same problem, my main problem is with the karts though, where did project cars get the handling model for karts I've never in my life driven a kart that handles so poorly and can't make up it's mind whether or not it wants to understeer or oversteer, i've been racing karts for 6 years across several different tracks across the us and am one of the fastest racers at my local track... waste of 60 dollars.
i found this thread because i couldnt believe that i was so bad at this game.

i have logged almost 3 hrs of track time and havent gotten ONE clean lap, yet. before you think that i'm some fanboi that only likes racing games to 'go fast'....i was raised on the playstation with Gran Turismo. i bought the OG xbox because of Forza and it was the only game i ever had for the console. i bought the XB360 for Forza 2 and the Forza franchises were the only games i ever bought until T10 started wandering from their hardcore fanbase and dumbing down the product for the masses with the Horizon BS and Forza 5.

this game has so much potential. but it is HORRID on the XB1. no options for a FFB wheel may be a big culprit but it just feels like all of the cars feel the same. why am i spinning out an Evo 10 at 30 mph? shouldnt it understeer, at the limit? it feels not the least bit different than the MB 190E or any of the other cars i've mucked around with.

there's a patch coming, i read....cool. but i still have a very real problem in that the physics dont have a real differentiation from car to car. not to mention that its damn near impossible to 'save' a car once it breaks loose. im so tired of the 'death wobble' down a straight that i may end up billing the developers for my smashed controllers.

get it fixed!!!

Umer Ahmad
13-05-2015, 01:02
SMS main kart modeler also races karts. He has shared with us detailed posts about his experience and what he tried to replicate with this modeling objectives. One of the main limitations wih their karts is their "infinitely rigid" chassis model due to computing limitations. iirc he had a more dynamic chassis model in the works but it was not mature enough for inclusion in pCARS1.0

Let us know specifically what you're exepriencing and perhaps someone can recommend setup changes

CandySater
13-05-2015, 01:19
All of the gas powered karts i have driven tend to have oversteer or are balanced. When the steering wheel isn't locked, the karts experience massive amounts of understeer and will practically drive straight even with the steering wheel at full lock and no throttle, even at the slowest of speeds, so i have to gas, brake, gas, brake until i get around the corner and nearly impossible to stay on line, but when I'm getting on the straight the rear will kick out and i have to almost stop to make sure the kart doesn't spin. I've tried messing with tire pressures and traction slip but can't find anything that works.
SMS main kart modeler also races karts. He has shared with us detailed posts about his experience and what he tried to replicate with this modeling objectives. One of the main limitations wih their karts is their "infinitely rigid" chassis model due to computing limitations. iirc he had a more dynamic chassis model in the works but it was not mature enough for inclusion in pCARS1.0

Let us know specifically what you're exepriencing and perhaps someone can recommend setup changes

Dookie Possum
13-05-2015, 03:49
Just curious on how to prevent a kart from not turning the direction I want when losing traction? I quickly turn the stick left but it stays turning right...is that a game issue or is that a controller issue?

Westbeef
13-05-2015, 06:09
I have a 360 pad which I use on my PC it's wired if that makes any difference. I get an issue where I turn with full lock one way, and try to turn full lock the other way. However the wheels stay locked to the first direction I turned in and send me flying off. I presume this is the same issue as the X box one controller? Will the upcoming patch also fix my pads issues? It happens quite regularly for me too.

Charles Gillen
13-05-2015, 13:19
I know that the experience of one guy has to be looked at as just that. I've spent the last couple of days working on this ( on my XBOX1) and have discovered that FFB may be the cause of much of the problems were all reporting. Not all but some pretty critical issues.

As a test I would ask that everyone keep the best settings they're using, but set FFB to zero. I dont like playing without FFB myself but tried it because nothing else was working for me. Most noticeable result was that the sound no longer cut out in my headphones under braking. The deadzone issue was still there but not as pronounced. I was able to run decent laps at Monza in the Aston Martin GT3 car for the better part of an hour. The wobble or tank slappers seemed to be mostly in the slower turns. But high speed stability (for me anyway) seemed to be much improved. So try it out...See what you think.

Charles

CandySater
13-05-2015, 15:13
The vibrating in my controller doesn't seems to make sense with what the car is doing, it'll shake randomly and not consistently. ill be half way through a corner and it'll cut in and out and back in and even will shake when i'm going in a straight line. It's very annoying but i don't want to turn it off because thats the only way to feel traction instead of just watching the car. Am I the only one experiencing this problem?

SuperTidosho
13-05-2015, 16:07
I know this is a different game but i could of sworn i had to somthing along the lines of changing controller settings on shift 2 to make the car handle better.

Anywas looking aroound on other forums apparently a guy on race department suggest's

"Set everything to 0. And I mean everything, throttle, brakes the lot.
Turn off advanced settings.
Then just turn speed sensitivity upto 80."

Looks like a good place to start. Hopefully they get a patch out.

These settings have made the game SO much more ENJOYABLE! I don't feel like the car is trying to kill me! Thanks a lot!

ukG Mr Switcher
13-05-2015, 16:59
Anyone know how to solve my problem????? When I use my stereo headset to play the game, the sound vanishes when I apply the brake ( left trigger) but comes back on when I release it. It's almost like the trigger is a mute button. My headset and controller are fully updated and work perfect on all other games. Thanks in advance for any help

Umer Ahmad
13-05-2015, 17:04
Turn FFB to 0 (zero)

rocket71
13-05-2015, 20:32
I am so frustrated. The game is unplayable. I have read this whole thread and tried every setting to no avail. I have set it all to zero, etc. I have updated my firmware. I have re-installed.

The car is virtually uncontrollable. I can't make one lap in the first Clio chase without going off course. The steering will lock full lock (yes, I set deadzone to 0). I will try to counter steer and the car will just veer one direction and not come back.

Can you just add a "Forza setting" so it is exactly like that great game? This game appears to have a ton of potential but at this point I just want my hard earned money back.

CODsucksROD
13-05-2015, 20:45
If you have found some nice settings for the Xbox One Controller or have any controller specific problems, please post them here.

Everybody who has problems with oversensitive controls, please try the following:

Make sure that you have the latest Xbox One controller firmware installed
Try a reinstallation of the game

Known issues:

Trigger vibration for acceleration and braking not working
Steering can get stuck at full steering lock -> Workaround: Set "Steering Deadzone" to 0

How to: Setting up a gamepad (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?21992-Setting-up-a-gamepad)

I know this is a different game but i could of sworn i had to somthing along the lines of changing controller settings on shift 2 to make the car handle better.

Anywas looking aroound on other forums apparently a guy on race department suggest's

So this work magic? Each input setting has a different feel , as in input 1 has very little oversteer but no on road controll and input 2 is super twitchy with alot of controll witch pulls you in the wall , so all in all i find that its pointless because if you get 100% of your X axis when only using 50% of your anolog stick the only way out is FAIL. I know they will fix this but as i always think why for the last year or so companies release these broken games as in i would rather wait for a game that feels comfortable then have to play an BETA dev. kit but waiting is the only option we have now so it is pointless. I love this game but it seems we just have to wait longer as in $60 is not what BETA testing costs.

NineEreven
13-05-2015, 20:51
I am so frustrated. The game is unplayable. I have read this whole thread and tried every setting to no avail. I have set it all to zero, etc. I have updated my firmware. I have re-installed.

The car is virtually uncontrollable. I can't make one lap in the first Clio chase without going off course. The steering will lock full lock (yes, I set deadzone to 0). I will try to counter steer and the car will just veer one direction and not come back.

Same luck. The clio @donington and most other tracks has a mind of its own. Gets stuck full lock until it ruins the lap or crashes me into a wall. It is super unstable through the long downward left curve to where it wobbles all over the place. Glad to hear other people are experiencing the issue. Just sucks I cant play until I buy a new controller to replace the one I threw across the room. Maybe Ill just buy a wheel.

rocket71
13-05-2015, 22:56
At least this game got me to pull out Forza for a little racing action. However, Project Cars feels like it has so much to offer comparatively. I hope they get this fixed soon or this will be another developer who goes under. I wonder if the PS4 version has these issues.

chillgreg
13-05-2015, 23:36
Same luck. The clio @donington and most other tracks has a mind of its own. Gets stuck full lock until it ruins the lap or crashes me into a wall. It is super unstable through the long downward left curve to where it wobbles all over the place. Glad to hear other people are experiencing the issue. Just sucks I cant play until I buy a new controller to replace the one I threw across the room. Maybe Ill just buy a wheel.

You're not the only one :(

AoB
13-05-2015, 23:51
Not sure if it's already been reported, but my steering has an imbalance on the XB1 pad.

Not the locking bug, I tuned that out; but all cars, straight from the pit garage, are pulling to the right, sometimes almost unnoticeably but usually very severely. The wheel just leans off to the side without any steering input whatsoever. I can't very well get through right handers for the car refusing to straighten out and left handers require full lock every time. Don't have this issue anywhere else that I can tell.

ManOfNantucket
14-05-2015, 01:32
Not sure if it's already been reported, but my steering has an imbalance on the XB1 pad.

Not the locking bug, I tuned that out; but all cars, straight from the pit garage, are pulling to the right, sometimes almost unnoticeably but usually very severely. The wheel just leans off to the side without any steering input whatsoever. I can't very well get through right handers for the car refusing to straighten out and left handers require full lock every time. Don't have this issue anywhere else that I can tell.

This is what happens when you have a very low deadzone setting.

AoB
14-05-2015, 01:38
If that were it, it would at least occasionally move left. It's always a rightward pull. It also suddenly starts pulling down a straight, most noticeably the cross straight at Dubai but I'll mess with the steering deadzone some more anyway.

z3r0cool77
14-05-2015, 01:57
If that were it, it would at least occasionally move left. It's always a rightward pull. It also suddenly starts pulling down a straight, most noticeably the cross straight at Dubai but I'll mess with the steering deadzone some more anyway.

It is the controller deadzone. Few if any controllers are actually perfectly centered and it only gets worse as the controller gets more worn out. With the extreme sensitivity of pcars its just more apparent than most other games. A deadzone of 15 fixes it for me. That or increasing sensitivity filtering which will get rid of it by virtue of dampening all very small inputs.

z3r0cool77
14-05-2015, 02:02
The full lock bug should be fixed by the incoming patch. I've also found it can be avoided though if you are carefull not to move the stick directly from full lock one side to full lock the other. Just letting go of the stick then moving it the opposite direction is ussually enough. You may have to adjust your lines slightly through chicanes but it ussually fairly managable if youre carefull. Also setting deadzone to 0 is supposed to help but that may be an issue if your control is worn and you arent also using a healthy dose of sensitivity filtering.

AoB
14-05-2015, 02:37
Fixed it but found a different but much less important glitch in the process.
I did some victory burnouts to celebrate the fix and I blew the engine. When I was in the exterior view, everything was fine; but when I switched to interior, the engine sound continued looping. Just a quirk, that one.

bobblebob
14-05-2015, 08:51
I know the patch is fixing some controller issues, but regarding

XB1 analogue stick range corrected to use full extent

Does that mean the controls with be less twitchy?

TRG INSANE
14-05-2015, 11:51
I know the patch is fixing some controller issues, but regarding

Does that mean the controls with be less twitchy?

That is how I read it. It should be good being able to control slides rather than spinning off in the opposite direction due to the controller issues

Herr Heinrich
14-05-2015, 15:45

These settings made a world of difference, highly recommend people trying them, I actually got to enjoy a couple races.

Reaper8758
14-05-2015, 17:23
First off mods if this isn't in the right spot feel free to move it.

Ok so a little background of me first, I race locally in the states. I have raced everything on asphalt and dirt tracks and have numerous championships (all oval). I have zero experience on road courses but I like a challenge so started doing iracing a few years ago for both oval and road. Long story short I was hooked on racing sims since then.

This game is playable if you take some of the advice given in this thread about how to configure your controller, and some patience. Keep in mind everyone is different so you may need to adjust. I found that after using some of these as a starting ground I was able to make it playable. Does the game need a patch to address the controller issue? Oh yes it does, get with Turn 10 if need be for assistance. The devs have to realize that a vast majority, I'll say 90%, who buy this game on console with only use a controller. Making sure the controller works like it's supposed to on the console is and should be the Number 1 priority. This game IMO can be the best racing sim on console, once the controller useability is fixed.

Along those lines take some of this into consideration. For a majority of people they just want to go fast and race and have little to no worries(Forza), but IMO this isn't that type of game yet. Patience will get you a long way here and yes their is a learning curve. Let's start with tires. You need to get heat built up in them in order to gain grip(I know ironic). Take the first two laps a bit cautious at first until your sure they have grip, just me it will help. Second, you have to learn how to throttle and control the gas peddle. I have found that if you just slam on the gas coming out of a turn your going to go around, which is realistic. Let off the gas entering the turn, increase in the middle until your away. A good thing is learn how to let the car roll through the turn(ie feather the gas). A majority of players just go full throttle to the turn, slam on the brakes and full throttle. IMO in this game that's not effective...yet. Could it be? Sure if the controllers patched.

Controlling the gas I've briefly touched on but I'll add this, learn to use the driving line to your advantage. Understand what the colors mean going into a turn, ideally you want it solid green for best results, some you can get away with yellow. Above all else, practice practice practice. If you can get it to be useable right now, you will be just fine when it's fixed.

Last thing, you shouldn't have to keep changing controller settings for every car, it should be universal. If you change configurations for all the classes it's going to become a nuisance writing down all the configurations we have.

This game is a true racing sim and once you get it down and the controller is patched it's only up hill from their. Patience is key and practice a lot

nissan4ever
14-05-2015, 18:00
Was watching a replay last night of a race I did online with 1 friend. The race was a night race at Silverstone National. When we both went to view the replay, 1 car of the 2 wouldn't have its headlights on, even though we both did during the race. Then when I watched replay again, both cars headlights were off. Now that's a bug!

mayfield18194
14-05-2015, 21:15
Here's three that I've come accross, the third one suited me the best but I increased the deadzone to 10

Option 1

Steering Deadzone 20
Steering Sensitivity 60
Throttle Deadzone 10
Throttle Sensitivity 30
Brake Deadzone 10
Brake Sensitivity 15
Clutch Deadzone 10
Clutch Sensitivity 45
Speed Sensitivity 80
Controller Filtering sensitivity 20

Option 2

Steering deadzone 18
steering sensitivty 5
Throttle deadzone 0
Throttle sensitivity 30
Brake deadzone 14
Brake sensitivity 15
Clutch deadzone 0
Clutch sensitivity 45
Speed sensitivity 75
Control filtering sensitivity 50

Option 3

Steering deadzone 5
steering sensitivty 0
Throttle deadzone 0
Throttle sensitivity 30
Brake deadzone 5
Brake sensitivity 20
Clutch deadzone 0
Clutch sensitivity 45
Speed sensitivity 65
Control filtering sensitivity 50

I have been having the same issues. I have adapted my settings to the option 3 depicted and tested 3 different car of different levels. These settings seem to work fine. Thanks for your effort.

bobblebob
14-05-2015, 22:07
Anyone played the PS4 version? Does that require you to mess with endless options to get the controller abit better or is it just the Xbox version suffering?

g3t0ut
14-05-2015, 23:43
I have updated controller firmware, game, and even with deadzone at 0 I still have this issue. I gave up on playing it happens every time I'm in a race. Very irritating.

Marvepin
15-05-2015, 05:15
Tried every setting on this thread, but still getting messy handling, steering wheel locking on oposing direction and stuff like that...
Very disapointed, I regret spending my money at the pre release...

DBR ScotishCol
15-05-2015, 10:27
i think its great that "our Community are helping to sort issues out but i keep asking myself why is it the gaming industry as a whole seem to have the attitude that release game then worry about issues. 4 years in the making and still not a Finished product. I love this game but feel that once again all you want is our money first knowing that product isnt, for a better work, complete game. Any thoughts or am i expecting too much for a reply or is it a ban??

thanks
Colin

bobblebob
15-05-2015, 10:46
Seems par for the course this generation. Halo, AC Unity, Battlefield off the top of my head. I agree its not on. I get that SMS say none of these issues came up in testing, but every review has commented on the problems aswell as many gamers. I find it hard to believe that internal, external, MS and publisher testing didnt highlights these bugs

DBR ScotishCol
15-05-2015, 10:59
Agree its the only retail item that you can sell that isnt Fit for purpose or known to have Faults. If i bought a cd or dvd that only played if i changed the speed an tilted player upside down you would take it back so why as gamers we just sit back and wait for a patch that needs to be tested!!!!! Heres a thought why not test it out before realease as most of these issues are day one and not unknown before release. Im disapointed in Microsoft aswell that they were happy for this game to be on xbox one in its current state!! Believe it or not love this game just frustraiting that as gamers we just need to accept all game companies want is money money!!

Rant over

koda.72
15-05-2015, 12:01
Luckily the patch has taken so long that all of my racing friends have given up on the game. My patience will be rewarded with isolation and the frustration of being forced back to Forza to race with friends.

Sennasational
15-05-2015, 13:16
Luckily the patch has taken so long that all of my racing friends have given up on the game. My patience will be rewarded with isolation and the frustration of being forced back to Forza to race with friends.

I was a painter on Forza before they started neglecting that aspect of the community, as a result I have a moderate entourage of racing friends on Xbox Live, all of which I have had to unwillingly advise against purchasing this game...at least until the game is drivable without spending a few hours researching and tweaking. Not everyone is as patient as you and I, and I know a lot of them would have given up already much like your friends.

It is disappointing that a week after release and the STEERING is still BROKEN in a RACING game. Someone mentioned AC Unity - the people who bought that were all offered a full refund (or a free game?) because of framerate issues, which were also subsequently patched. What do we get as a reward for our loyalty and patience with Project Cars on the Xbox One? If the answer is just a game that we could have bought cheaper if we had waited until it functioned...then that's a bit of a slap in the face.

bobblebob
15-05-2015, 13:56
Morale of the story is dont buy games on release date. Its a sad state but its the only way devs/publishers will realise we as gamers won't put up with it

SpeedFreak1972
15-05-2015, 14:33
Have problem with a xbox one controller on pc ... problem when I'm playing I get serious slowdowns ... I mean it feels like it slows down to 5 fps from 60 fps however my fps is dead solid 60 fps. Now the curious thing when I switch to a xbox360 controller no problems at all.

bubbleguuum
15-05-2015, 14:48
Have problem with a xbox one controller on pc ... problem when I'm playing I get serious slowdowns ... I mean it feels like it slows down to 5 fps from 60 fps however my fps is dead solid 60 fps. Now the curious thing when I switch to a xbox360 controller no problems at all.

Known issue. Set Force feedback to 0% to workaround it.

totlxtc
15-05-2015, 15:02
The fact of the matter in this new generation it seems incredibly hard to develop for and it is very rare a game appears and is not broken. Take the few titles I have:

Forza 5 - Had controller issues, party issues, online issues (still not fixed) and crashing issues (not fixed).

Destiny - Need I mention the issues this game had and still has? I'm sure the gaming community knows of Destinys failings.

Titanfall - Had controls and framerate issues from the start. Patches resolved most issues.

Battlefield 4 - This was an utter mess and only game I took back. Was unplayable online due to lag, losing save games and would crash on nearly every game. No idea if its fixed as frustration made me no longer care.

The only title I have got and I love it is Alien Isolation that has had no issues what so ever.

We have to face facts that games are no longer right out of the box and issues will appear for weeks/months after release. I have now made the choice to wait a month or 2 so issues are ironed out and usually the game goes 50% off by then.

SpeedFreak1972
15-05-2015, 15:52
Known issue. Set Force feedback to 0% to workaround it.

thanks.

phoenix8000
15-05-2015, 16:04
The fact of the matter in this new generation it seems incredibly hard to develop for and it is very rare a game appears and is not broken. Take the few titles I have:

Forza 5 - Had controller issues, party issues, online issues (still not fixed) and crashing issues (not fixed).

Destiny - Need I mention the issues this game had and still has? I'm sure the gaming community knows of Destinys failings.

Titanfall - Had controls and framerate issues from the start. Patches resolved most issues.

Battlefield 4 - This was an utter mess and only game I took back. Was unplayable online due to lag, losing save games and would crash on nearly every game. No idea if its fixed as frustration made me no longer care.

The only title I have got and I love it is Alien Isolation that has had no issues what so ever.

We have to face facts that games are no longer right out of the box and issues will appear for weeks/months after release. I have now made the choice to wait a month or 2 so issues are ironed out and usually the game goes 50% off by then.

completely agree totlxtc, games these days are not as finished as perhaps they once were, but then again they werent as complex as they are now and they didnt give the community the opportunity to build on what should be a solid platform for a community focused and driven sim - why do we buy the next versions of these games? coz they say they're going to add this and that but do they - GT4 was supposed to be benchmark and when i got it i just asked myself "why have they even bothered - so much hype and what?...in fact if i can remember it took me 4days to install the update for that and at 99% each time said it failed".

This should be a solid platform to build on with the tech an knowledge growing each day and i honestly believe it will change how racing games in general change on consoles in future - much more community focused races and hopefully moderators of races and championships that can review incidents and boot out the bad racers - way too many people out there spoil racing games by bashing and dirty tactics, i want this to be the benchmark on consoles and a poke in the eye to MS and Sony who spend millions developing racing games and forget about the racers.

Lets face it its 18GB(ish) and there's no reason why it cant nearly double in size with tracks, DTM, BTCC, NASCAR, OZ V8, Historics, WRX etc all possible line ups not to mention if they can introduce performance upgrade kits or custom wheel/aero packs for that little bit of personal touch - consoles dont have the paint and livery options but perhaps they can give the customisers something to make their car their own. Its all in the coding as i've seen quite a bit on the PC, the consoles just cant get at it (yet).

mikemac74
15-05-2015, 17:51
During gameplay any force feedback or while braking with the right trigger will make the Official Xbox One stereo headset and official xbox one headset adapter cause all audio to completely cut off until disengaged

Reaper8758
15-05-2015, 17:55

Every single major game that releases has issues, and I mean every single one. I have been playing console games for upwards of over 15 years. When the 360 came around i dont even remember one game released that did not come with a day one patch, same goes for the Xbox 1 and I have had it since launch. Yes it sucks that they are having issues but you have to understand that the game is approved,packaged and shipped about a month before it ever hits store shelves. Most QA testing is done 3-4 months or longer before release date. Things are going to fall through the cracks, it happens. How the devs respond is what matters. If you think that this game is bad for a release try owning Halo Master Chief Collection on Day 1. Now that from 343 was a colossal failed launch, and its still not fixed.

Be patient even if its hard, I had the same issues and now I have zero problems driving any car in the game as it sits right now. Like I said in a previous post, practice, use some of the guidance in here to get your settings managable and learn how to control the throttle and brake. If you just mash the gas all the time your going to spin out. If you slam on the brake in a turn your not going to turn. Its common sense to be honest. Yes their are things that we cant control(IE wheel lock), but not every car is undriveable trust me. I love this game, yes it has issues that need to be fixed but it looks like the devs are doing what they can to do that. They cant control how long it take microsoft to test the patch and release it, thats on MS. My only real complaint is that I cant find a game online on the Xbox 1 for some reason.

This a true racing sim and their is a learning curve if you have never played one. This is not Forza or even close. My 7 year old niece can turn world record lap times in Forza, thats not a racing sim. This takes time to master and I wouldnt expect anything different

Dazlingdazza
15-05-2015, 21:43
Every single major game that releases has issues, and I mean every single one. I have been playing console games for upwards of over 15 years. When the 360 came around i dont even remember one game released that did not come with a day one patch, same goes for the Xbox 1 and I have had it since launch. Yes it sucks that they are having issues but you have to understand that the game is approved,packaged and shipped about a month before it ever hits store shelves. Most QA testing is done 3-4 months or longer before release date. Things are going to fall through the cracks, it happens. How the devs respond is what matters. If you think that this game is bad for a release try owning Halo Master Chief Collection on Day 1. Now that from 343 was a colossal failed launch, and its still not fixed.

Be patient even if its hard, I had the same issues and now I have zero problems driving any car in the game as it sits right now. Like I said in a previous post, practice, use some of the guidance in here to get your settings managable and learn how to control the throttle and brake. If you just mash the gas all the time your going to spin out. If you slam on the brake in a turn your not going to turn. Its common sense to be honest. Yes their are things that we cant control(IE wheel lock), but not every car is undriveable trust me. I love this game, yes it has issues that need to be fixed but it looks like the devs are doing what they can to do that. They cant control how long it take microsoft to test the patch and release it, thats on MS. My only real complaint is that I cant find a game online on the Xbox 1 for some reason.

This a true racing sim and their is a learning curve if you have never played one. This is not Forza or even close. My 7 year old niece can turn world record lap times in Forza, thats not a racing sim. This takes time to master and I wouldnt expect anything different

1. True sim or not there is a confirmed flaw with the controls on xb1
2. It's a very rare thing when a dev acknowledges all issues, please applaud / encourage this and not shoot it down
3. The game is huge, let's give them a break for an error which probably happened under (accountancy) pressures we may not be aware of
4. Damn this should be great once fixed :-)

Finally when complaining about "Wasted money" try to think about hours of entertainment per pound / dollar or whatever currency, even with the issues, I've had more value than I would get from an evening out for a meal or cinema, pub, club etc. once fixed I hope to get hundreds of hours, what else would give you that for £40.00 ish.

Now can we have the patch please ;-))

Dazza

ManOfNantucket
16-05-2015, 16:37
Finally when complaining about "Wasted money" try to think about hours of entertainment per pound / dollar or whatever currency, even with the issues, I've had more value than I would get from an evening out for a meal or cinema, pub, club etc. once fixed I hope to get hundreds of hours, what else would give you that for £40.00 ish.

Now can we have the patch please ;-))

Dazza

Three hours of frustration does not amount to good value for me. I will continue writing a bad review each day I get no joy.

ScreaminEagle
16-05-2015, 17:45
Have been following this page since purchasing the Xbox One version at launch. I have been a racing game/sim fan for many years and have also had some real life racing experience.

Yes, I understand that due to the more technical nature of games these days, a lot will contain some small issues. However, we are talking about a racing game here. In my opinion, the main draw of a racing game is not the graphics or the car/track roster, it is the handling! Now for a racing game to ship with broken controls is simply unacceptable.
I have tried many different controller setups with mixed success, some cars are just ok, others are terrible.
I am not blind, I can see that there is a decent game lurking behind the messy controls.
I know that this issue had been accepted by the developers on day 1 but we are now over a week later without a fix.
I was going to trade this in the day after I bought it but the trade in value was already only half what I paid for it!!! Massively disappointing.

So please fix this asap and show you do care for your paying customers.

johnbowler300
16-05-2015, 19:11
I absolutely agree. Game is completely unplayable. I can't make the first turn! The steering locks up on me AND all sound cuts out when I hit the brakes.

It's the same for me, I have tried all suggestions available, but nothing works, the game is unplayable in current status, It is completely incomprehensible that this problem has been unobserved by all "beta testers" !!!!!

aamjohns
16-05-2015, 19:33
I've gone through and tried all the suggestions for xbox one controller. I'm going to park it and wait and hope this gets fixed. So sad as I have waiting for a good karting sim for years. Thought I was going to be having a blast today. I really hope this can be resolved. Other games have managed. Forza is playable with controller so I would think it is possible.

Thank you,
tobias.

Mr Chow vs Yoda
16-05-2015, 19:52
I just got the game today, racing is my main genre. Hours of my life spent in forza 2 onwards, and countless other games. I'm hoping this thread works. So disappointed with Project Cars. I have had several different wheel setups through the years, also raced with controller. Using the controller today, and so glad I didn't buy a rig. Went to my best track. Time trial in mitsubishi evo. Car was crash prone, and felt out of control. Steering was over sensitive and ridiculous. Are you freaking kidding me? Thinking about taking the game back but going to give it 24 hours and try again adjusting settings. Looks like a waste of money so far, and that really sucks, I was disappointed with Forza 5 and had high hopes for project cars.

Rating:F
Main Issue: Unplayable

Tweaky Tuned

Mr Chow vs Yoda
16-05-2015, 20:42
The Game have overly sensitive steering, I have tried all possible settings, but nothing helps to get rid of the hypersensitive steering, except if I use the "Steering Assistance" then it feels almost like Forza! I hope there will be a fix for the sensitive control, otherwise it is unplayable without using assists for me.

I agree but Forza with no assist is sweet. Steering assist on project cars feels like trying to run with a wheel barrow full of dirt. Wow, I just read through several pages of complaints, I really had no idea, I thought I might be the only person mentioning something in this thread. I can't believe it either. The recipe for success in this genre is a great racing game, with support for the community. I know like forza , but they have strayed from this model, leaving the door wide open for another game to take over. So disappointed!

It's not like some of us don't have experience. I've been racing some of these tracks 10 years! I got out on Nurburgring, excited...hit the gas in the Evo... Car started twitching and freaking out..lol.. I get things under control and rear end whips out and I spun off into the rail? Rofl, I thought no way! And the same thing keeps happening? Wtf?

Well I hate to be rude, I really do. I had hoped to spend the rest of the day just racing, that latest 30 minutes, lol. I wonder though, is this fixable? I'm not optimistic, but maybe so.. Good luck fixing it, wouldn't mind my money back either.

Way back in forza 3
http://youtu.be/S1DoM0apJ0c

phoenix8000
16-05-2015, 22:29
I absolutely agree. Game is completely unplayable. I can't make the first turn! The steering locks up on me AND all sound cuts out when I hit the brakes.

The only class of cars i've been able to play is the GT3's. stumbled down the list of cars trying every one until i got to the McLaren GT3 and the Jaguar GT3 - first track was Willow Springs but i've also done Imola, Zolder and Laguna Seca. All are fine. I'm using the standard XB1 controller with it set to setting/mapping 3 (near the bottom of the list), all the deadzones to 0, the steering sensitivity to 0, throttle and brake sense to 10, the speed sensitivity to 65 and the filtering to 65 too...advance filtering thingys are off and i've dumbed down the graphics a little with lens flares and a few others off. FFB is also off as thats coming in the patch i think. Gears to manual and afew buttons customised to brake bias and pit confirm.

Until the patch comes out i've found these cars the only ones i can race - i dont mean tip-toe around the track - i mean full on racing, slipstream, outbraking, nimble turns - the way it should be. there are a few setup tweeks needing done to suit each track/car but i've been so happy doing the GT3s i've started racing a career mode.

I cant get the karts, Clio's, road or some other race cars to handle at all, but the GT3's are spot on so there must be something about how they are configured differently from the other cars to make them more playable than the others.

BlueFin175
16-05-2015, 22:57
@pheoenix8000 Spot on, that is a great description of my exact issue as well, however I can race pretty much the entire GT series (GT, GT3/4) all but that damned GT3 RUF which like many others, suffers from what appears to be parkinsons desease. In addition to this, the 'other' cars all suffer from an incurable case of low speed tank slapping, even with FULL assists on, the only way to cure them is to short shift and crawl around in 3rd etc at 2k rpm.

freakinout
17-05-2015, 07:32
Heres some settings working for me

Assisted steering on
All other assists off
Damage tyre wear etc etc on
All dead zones 0
Throttle brake steering sensitivity 0
Filters etc 0 or off

ScreaminEagle
17-05-2015, 09:33
With regard to the update details on the 'Xbox Issues' page.

So the developer has tested the patch, then it goes to the publisher to test, then it goes to Microsoft to test, so quite some extensive testing, for a PATCH!
Why oh why did the GAME not get the same attention in the first place.
Unbelievable!

weerufus
17-05-2015, 10:06
Apparantly it is in the last stage at the moment (Microsoft) so once they are happy with it we should have it.

Don't even think MS look at the patch in detail, they just make sure there's nothing in there that will screw up Xbox Live etc....

GLR Asteroid
17-05-2015, 19:18
Any news on the Patch.....like a release date???

It's shame but the controller issues are making this game unplayable. I didn't pay $60 just to play little bits of the game.
I have played racing games since Forza 2 and although not one of the quickest racers.....usually in the 1 percentile.

I really want this game to be successful !!

Jonf1927
18-05-2015, 14:17
[QUOTE=Reaper8758;910818
I have found that if you just slam on the gas coming out of a turn your going to go around, which is realistic.[/QUOTE]
Have you really found this because in my experience I have found quite the opposite. In all classes of car from go karts to lmp1 and using various different controller settings suggested on here, I have found universally that as soon as I put the power down coming out of a corner the car will suddenly gain a ludicrous amount of front end grip and veer off to the inside. This can be mitigated against by feathering the accelerator but at the cost of a loss of speed compared to the AI cars.

It doesn't take a genious to work out that IRL if you overdo the acceleration out of a corner in a go kart you spin it. You certainly don't get tons of grip and crash into the inside wall. So bloody frustrating!

OutThereAndBack
18-05-2015, 15:43
My install is sitting at 18.4 GB do i need to reinstall? I read people with 18.1 GB need to reinstall but nothing about 18.4 GB.

Dazlingdazza
18-05-2015, 16:50
My install is sitting at 18.4 GB do i need to reinstall? I read people with 18.1 GB need to reinstall but nothing about 18.4 GB.

18.4 for game install, 18.5gb for
total with dlc ( free livery pack & pre-order pack for me ). I'm sure you're all up to date so far :)

th3deejay
18-05-2015, 19:45
I already did everything that you guys told, spend over 8 hours trying to find the best setup for my controller, uninstalling and downloading the game 2 times, updating my Xbox controller, but it's impossible to play with the joystick. I'm so upset as you guys are. Wait for so long, did the pre-order (20 days before) and can't drive the car in any track. So I give it up, still playing Forza 5, and waiting for the patch who will bring us the handle of the cars. Hurry up guys ... please!

morphee7
18-05-2015, 21:33
erm.... ive just had a thought....... after the patch were all probably going to have to go back to the original settings for the controller and work on them again because weve set all our controllers low we will be saying it dont steer the cars next lol <hides>

The 40oz Method
18-05-2015, 23:10
erm.... ive just had a thought....... after the patch were all probably going to have to go back to the original settings for the controller and work on them again because weve set all our controllers low we will be saying it dont steer the cars next lol <hides>

Haha I thought that same thing. I have just set PCars aside until the patch as its too frustrating as is with the Controller. Don't want to get used to the wonky settings and have to readjust.

TheCrazySwede
18-05-2015, 23:47
I hope the patch fixes the crossover issue....that part stinks :/
When you do a quick "left-right" movement with the stick, the game only registers the first turn (left, in this case) and doesn't respond to the second steering input (right.)
The Audi R8 LMS isn't too bad to drive, but that Lotus 98T is impossible! I drive without any assists and I can't seem to tame it once the boost kicks in. Difficult to catch the car from sliding if you can't do quick steering movements...

EDIT: Anyone know if the three different "Modes" under the controller settings are any different? I thought they were just presets and each can just be adjusted to whatever you want....or do they each have their own independent properties that are unseen? I usually see the controller build posts and most of them include what "mode" they adjusted, as if it makes a difference. I'm pretty confused about that....

Thanks for the help, lads!

ineverusethis
19-05-2015, 13:26
*fixed my settings

beetes_juice
19-05-2015, 14:21
I hope the patch fixes the crossover issue....that part stinks :/
When you do a quick "left-right" movement with the stick, the game only registers the first turn (left, in this case) and doesn't respond to the second steering input (right.)
The Audi R8 LMS isn't too bad to drive, but that Lotus 98T is impossible! I drive without any assists and I can't seem to tame it once the boost kicks in. Difficult to catch the car from sliding if you can't do quick steering movements...

EDIT: Anyone know if the three different "Modes" under the controller settings are any different? I thought they were just presets and each can just be adjusted to whatever you want....or do they each have their own independent properties that are unseen? I usually see the controller build posts and most of them include what "mode" they adjusted, as if it makes a difference. I'm pretty confused about that....

Thanks for the help, lads!

Start on mode 3 and adjust from there. Seems to be the best option to send people in the right direction.

SMOOVE
19-05-2015, 20:58
I also, like many have been effected by the controller issues. It has been a difficult transition for me however....I have recently switched to the "D-pad" for my turning needs....it does kinda suck if you're used to the joystick but, it does get rid of any lock/opposite lock issues..for me anyways. It does make it a hair more difficult then the joystick in my opinion but,...it has saved me from throwing the game out the window.

D pad for now...hopefully the patch will come out soon so I can really enjoy the game. Other then THAT....I do like the game a lot. The sound is incredible(for example the Z4 GT3 sounds like the real thing...).

Pressure Drop
20-05-2015, 10:10
i used this guide from the other thread:
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?23153-Xbox-One-Controller-Configuration-Guide

it improved the game hugely for me, the key is in the deadzones and sensitivity i feel... if you set them to 0 with a controller it controls MUCH better, and i would recommend leaving ABS and traction on as well.

Hasassin_X
20-05-2015, 13:05
I have to say I was upset when I first started to play this game,but that quickly changed. I have played everything from GT to Toca to Forza 1-5 this game has a steep learning curve but take ur time and you will get it. I played last night for the first time with no traction control and no stability control and that made the car handle much better oddly enough! So until the patch comes out this is what we have. If you got this game thinking it was like forza or need for speed think again it's not this is a simulation racing game and takes time to master but it can be done. Check out my youtube channel I'd you like to see me using the controller. Search for Hasassin_X.

SpeedFreakDTM
20-05-2015, 17:40
Ive noticed quite a few posts about the Xbox one controller update.

I would just like to clarify that the Microsoft update for the Xbox One controller is only an update to allow people to use NON microsoft headsets with the chat adapter.

If you use a MS headset, on the Xbox One, dont worry about this controller update.

HeadbangerJames
21-05-2015, 00:44

Lol

Omarlop
21-05-2015, 01:35
Any body knows how to take photos on X1? Cause my RS doesn't work, i cant rotate the camera...

WhiteNinja636
21-05-2015, 10:47
My first time having the steering getting stuck, also noticed the background flickering at the same time, Formula novice in the Catalunya career race:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkXteq-vQ8M

Also noticed the AI in forth position cheating to take third

TKore
21-05-2015, 18:58
I own the game on pc (was one of the backers), and today bought the game on xbox one. On pc, with x360 controller, the game is AWESOME! I can say i'm absolutely not a bad racegamer, but on xbox the steering on the controller really, really disappoints me. For what i've played, formula c doesn't turn as tight as on pc, mclaren gt3 very hard to control... Even the lightest touch on left stick to adjust my line result in spinout... On pc i use the stock controller settings in classic layout (also not on xbone version) and the controls on xbone don't even come close. I would love it if the patch would make the stock steering settings the same as on pc. For me, xbone version is currently unplayable.

ch330d
21-05-2015, 19:47
Its unbelivibale how long this patch tooks! It cant be that a steering patch will testet over 9 days. It would be better, when they tested it before the release!

Ian Bell
21-05-2015, 19:48
Its unbelivibale how long this patch tooks! It cant be that a steering patch will testet over 9 days. It would be better, when they tested it before the release!

We all wish it would be quicker. Now stop repeating the same complaints please. It just fills the forum with noise.

Hot Shoe
21-05-2015, 19:53
So I assume we're all still waiting for Microsoft to finish testing and release the patch? It's been over a week since last update. You'd think with these bug(s) being as nearly game breaking as they are MS would hurry up and get the patch pushed out.

For the record I too have tried many different settings on different vehicles and tracks, but haven't delved any further in to the game other than practice laps. There isn't much point to trying to get a passable controller setting/vehicle tuning setup to temporarily alleviate the existing issues, only to start back nearly at square one when the patch is released.

ScreaminEagle
21-05-2015, 20:29
We all wish it would be quicker. Now stop repeating the same complaints please. It just fills the forum with noise.

So, 9 days after saying that the patch was being tested by outside sources, all we get is a post saying stop complaining!
Certainly doesn't make me feel like a valued customer.

TKore
21-05-2015, 20:49
Only thing he means is stop repeating that it takes this long. SMS cannot speed up the certification process by Microsoft. I know I was just complaining a couple of posts ago also, but as stated, I also have the PC version, so I'm still good. I just hope the patch makes the controls the same as on pc. That would make my day. On XBox One, for me (at this moment) it feels like a completely different game. Since I love the PC version sooo much, I really hope I get the same experience on X1.

ScreaminEagle
21-05-2015, 21:16
Only thing he means is stop repeating that it takes this long. SMS cannot speed up the certification process by Microsoft. I know I was just complaining a couple of posts ago also, but as stated, I also have the PC version, so I'm still good. I just hope the patch makes the controls the same as on pc. That would make my day. On XBox One, for me (at this moment) it feels like a completely different game. Since I love the PC version sooo much, I really hope I get the same experience on X1.

I really hope the controls get fixed properly too... I don't have the luxury of a pc capable of playing this, but I payed £50 to play a great game on my Xbox One, not have it sat on a shelf for a fortnight.

TKore
21-05-2015, 21:33
I know I also have a pc, and my X1 patch needs aren't as high as soms of the other forum users, but I've been playing the game for over 3 years now (my fiancé can tell the circuit by looking for 3 seconds) and I know with which dedication SMS worked (and works) on pCARS, so rest assured that they'll fix it. But I agree, it should've worked right out of the box. But I really hope all X1 players will get the same pleasure I have with pCARS right now on PC.

transfix
21-05-2015, 22:03
So just to be clear on the Throttle,Brake,etc sensitivitiy settings. If I want to use the full range of the L/R Triggers than sensitivity needs to be at 0 correct?

TKore
21-05-2015, 22:06
As far as i can tell from the first few pages, that is correct.

Bealdor
21-05-2015, 22:09

The patch is tested external right now. Is it so hard to understand that SMS is not in the position to speed up this process?

Dazlingdazza
22-05-2015, 00:37

I agree, when an admission is made and a solution in hand why keep stating the known? The controls are broken and a fix is coming, does anyone believe this thread needs anymore confirmation of those two facts?? However, i must confess my xb1 gaming is on hold until my most anticipated release for some time becomes all i know it can / will be, so roll on MS testers approval for the patch :cool:

Dazza

WhiteNinja636
22-05-2015, 06:22
So I'm not sure if this is a setup issue or a bug. If I go over 80kmh i only get about 50% steering lock, you can see in the pic that is me at full lock but the game is only using half of the total available lock.

Is this a bug or setup issue? It means my steering feels completely vague and dead and causes me to constantly run off straight on even mellow kinks.

Cliffyboy1962
22-05-2015, 07:10
So I'm not sure if this is a setup issue or a bug. If I go over 80kmh i only get about 50% steering lock, you can see in the pic that is me at full lock but the game is only using half of the total available lock.

Is this a bug or setup issue? It means my steering feels completely vague and dead and causes me to constantly run off straight on even mellow kinks.

That would appear to be the effect of Speed Sensitivity which is an effect that can be adjusted between 0 and 100% in the settings menu. Most people recommend a setting of approx 80% and it allows controller users to make minor steering adjustments at speed preventing massive overcorrection. Quite normal in driving games. Some would say it is currently essential with the state of the controller range of movement issues.

WhiteNinja636
22-05-2015, 07:41
That would appear to be the effect of Speed Sensitivity which is an effect that can be adjusted between 0 and 100% in the settings menu. Most people recommend a setting of approx 80% and it allows controller users to make minor steering adjustments at speed preventing massive overcorrection. Quite normal in driving games. Some would say it is currently essential with the state of the controller range of movement issues.

You were spot on with the speed correction. I had it set to 65, tried it at 100 and had almost no steering. Tried it at 0 and now the car actually feels like it should and now i can attack corners without the car looking like its understeering

o Mike V o
22-05-2015, 11:23
A friend gave me a couple of these KontrolFreek (http://www.kontrolfreek.com/fps.html/) things, I put one on the analog stick and steering seems to be a little easier with them. They are for FPS games but I don't see why they couldn't work with racers. It is a nice temporary solution while I wait for my whee to be replaced anyway...

gtz r0sh1
22-05-2015, 11:36
try these settings:

Setting A:

Steering Deadzone 5
Steering Sensitivity 0
Throttle Deadzone 10
Throttle Sensitivity 0
Brake Deadzone 10
Brake Sensitivity 0
Clutch Deadzone 15
Clutch Sensitivity 45

Speed Sensitivity 50
Controller Filtering Sensitivity 15

Controller Input Mode 3

Soft Steering Dampening Off
Visual Wheel Filtering OFF
Opposite Lock Help OFF

Setting B:

Steering Deadzone 5
Steering Sensitivity 0
Throttle Deadzone 5-15
Throttle Sensitivity 0
Brake Deadzone 5-15
Brake Sensitivity 0
Clutch Deadzone 15
Clutch Sensitivity 45

Speed Sensitivity 60
Controller Filtering Sensitivity 0

Controller Input Mode 3

Soft Steering Dampening OFF
Visual Wheel Filtering OFF
Opposite Lock Help OFF

the BIG BIG BIG problem with the settings is a bug in the advanced controlleraids ( opposite lock etc etc) . if you restart your game these settings goes from OFF to ON. its a big big problem !!!
I have to check these settings after EVERY start of the game. Sometimes they changed after races. i have to check it frequently.

If you have sometimes strange steering issues ,i think THAT is one of these problems. I hope you all know what i mean.

SpeedLimitUnknown
22-05-2015, 20:21
So, 9 days after saying that the patch was being tested by outside sources, all we get is a post saying stop complaining!
Certainly doesn't make me feel like a valued customer.

Don't take it personally, that's just the way Ian is, right to the point! He also said the AI is fine if you drive like a human, which I don't agree with. While I like how racey the AI is, they definitely need to tone down their aggression, especially during the early stages of a race!

SpeedLimitUnknown
22-05-2015, 20:28

Yes the steering sensitivity slider is odd in that it restricts steering max range which as a result makes the cars too stable entering turns since you can't over steer the car as much and get into drifting situations. They need a slider that simply delays time to full lock at speed, not one that simply cuts steering range in half. Hopefully they can add this in a patch. Assetto Corsa is an example of high-speed steering done right. It simply slows the time to full lock but you can at least get there, giving you full range of steering movement at any speed.

It's for this reason I recommend people not to increase the steering speed slider above 50, otherwise you'll find situations where the car is under steering since you've already reached max range. Having more steering range at any speed gives you more control and options. It's also way more fun since you can force overseer situations by over steering quickly into a turn. It also shows off the advanced physics too! You can't do this if you're steering range is limited. If steering sensitivity had more range that could help too, I feel like if I could set it to - 50 it would be perfect!

DBOWNIZZ
23-05-2015, 01:54
I get that there is always some issues and small glitches when you release a new game on a new console BUT some of these issues just seem ridiculous and I have no idea how they would even make it into the game due to testing.

I mean the steering locks up almost every time you counter steer. So if they tested the game out properly with a controller, then how in the world did they not catch this bug?? . not to mention the game was already delayed a bunch so you would think the game should be damn near perfect and not have these HUGE flaws.

Sorry about the rant guys, I think this can easily be the best Sim racer out there, if they can get these issues settled. As for now the game is unplayable at the moment (can get around a track if I drive like a grandpa, as soon as I even push it a tad the steering wants to lock up). I feel like I waisted 60 dollars on this crap and Project CARS is sitting in my closet collecting dust till they fix the game.

PoleDark
23-05-2015, 09:38
CHECK OUT THIS VIDEO ON CONTROLLER/WHEEL SETUP GUIDE. THIS A LONG VIDEO BUT WELL WORTH IT

This by " Inside Sim Racing " http://www.isrtv.com/pc-racing/project-cars-force-feedback-tips-and-settings/;)

Chadspeed
23-05-2015, 14:11
Good info here, I wish the reviewers of the sites I checked mentioned game breaking steering issues. I'm slowly trying to keep playing....

runin tingz
24-05-2015, 07:52
Hello im having the issue with my sound on my headset. When I press the brake with force feed back on the sound and oarty cuts out untill the trigger is released again most my m8's are having the issue to not seen nothing on here about it yet... thanks

Cesco
24-05-2015, 10:17
Hello im having the issue with my sound on my headset. When I press the brake with force feed back on the sound and oarty cuts out untill the trigger is released again most my m8's are having the issue to not seen nothing on here about it yet... thanks

It's a known bug that hopefully will be addressed in future patches. Not in the one that is coming, if I read correctly

morphee7
24-05-2015, 13:56
sorry if anyone has posted this but im also having the issue of a delay in the car straightening up after a turn im having to correct by turning the oposite direction to steer straight again i think its about a second before the car steers straight again on its own

iiDangerCloseBK
26-05-2015, 23:22
It's like learning to drive, walk, talk, read, write, speak and game all over again :)

Just to agree with much of the above... Xbox One is fair and reasonably predictable with something like the following as a starting point:

Steering Deadzone 0
Steering Sensitivity 0
Throttle Deadzone 5
Throttle Sensitivity 30
Brake Deadzone 10
Brake Sensitivity 15
Clutch Deadzone 0
Clutch Sensitivity 45

Speed Sensitivity 75
Filtering Sensitivity 50

Controller Input Mode (It doesn't matter, your changing the default settings above)
Advanced OFF

I'd like to add just a couple of suggestions that might help folk too.

1) Make sure your console is up to date by checking your Xbox Dashboard Settings for updates.

2) Make sure your controller is also up to date by checking the same dashboard settings options.

3) Perhaps Karts ain't the best place to test your new found physics? ;) Go prove yourself in Free Practice... pick a low power vehicle and tweak your settings.

4) DO NOT approach your career with the default AI difficulty, they will carve you up, ram you off the track and generally make a frustrating experience worse!

Drop the AI difficulty low... you can always come back and restart your career when you have the controls in a comfy place and your brain-adjusted to pCARS.

5) Drink plenty of water... don't touch the 'good stuff' while practising... always give way to your outside & enjoy!

pCARS is more difficult than many of us imagined but let's not forget where it came from & the flexibility they've given us to find a setup we can evolve.

Hope this helps someone?

This worked pretty good for me with adding:

Advanced: On
Soft Steering Dampening: On
Visual Wheel Filtering: On
Opposite Lock Help: On

farobaba
28-05-2015, 17:47
I know that this thread is about the controller problems, but I used the Thrustmaster TX for the first time and the it was amazing, everything felt right, the physics, the force feedback, everything. So my recommendation, get a Thrustmaster TX with a playseat, gated shifter and the three pedals. :)

AoB
29-05-2015, 21:10
O.K., patch has been very good, but now it's time to be a nitpick. Both the left and right rumble motors engage at any loss of traction, instead of one being for braking and similar breaks of grip and the other for torque based ones. Just a little jarring coming back from Forza post-update.

AdM1
29-05-2015, 22:51
O.K., patch has been very good, but now it's time to be a nitpick. Both the left and right rumble motors engage at any loss of traction, instead of one being for braking and similar breaks of grip and the other for torque based ones. Just a little jarring coming back from Forza post-update.

I've mentioned it a few times now but it just seems to be ignored or looked at as a non issue which is a shame as trigger feedback is much much better on FM5.

xboxjoker37
31-05-2015, 13:19
how do you actually get the patch? I bought the digital game and it wouldn't load...then i went and bought the hard copy and that won't load either..thanks

Mollan
31-05-2015, 18:30
After the patch I'm having many difficulties in finding a good controller setup for open wheel cars. Formula A and Formula B are really hard to drive now...spinning around at every slow corner, even if I set the throttle sensitivity to the minimum.

Which kind of configuration do you use after the patch?

Dazza1976
01-06-2015, 05:03
Ian / Stephen hope you read this.

Patch 1.3 fixed the missing range on the analogue sticks which has made huge difference to the game especially when driving with aids off.

After playing a lot since patch 1.3 there is still the same issue with the triggers. Only 70% range is used on the triggers to register full braking and throttle in game. This should be fixed in the upcoming patches as it will make a huge difference to people that have ABS and Traction Control off using pad. Please confirm this will be fixed just like you fixed the stick issue. Thank you.

b3c5ta
01-06-2015, 05:19
I'm not sure whether this has been raised before, so here goes.

I had a go at pCars last night, after updating with the latest patch. Yes, the controller issue re lock-to-lock disconnect between steering and the controller stick position (hard left lock v right lock on the stick...) seems to be fixed.

I've found another related problem though:

Take out an open-wheeled car (say a formula Rookie car), drive onto the track and stop. Change your view so that you can see the front of the car and the driver’s steering wheel.

From neutral stick, go full left, then let go of the stick. The drivers hands and steering wheel will move to the left at a particular speed. It doesn’t matter how fast you move the stick from neutral to hard left, the steering will move at a constant rate until it gets to full left lock.

Then do the same for full right.

Then go full left again. Always starting from neutral.

You can go full left, and let go of the stick, and the rate back to neutral will be a bit quicker. Take note of the speed of these movements in-game. You can bring up the data overlay, and watch the steering position change as well in graphical form.

Now, from neutral, go full left, then go full right from full left. The speed at which the steering moves from full left to full right stick is _much_ faster (almost instantaneous) than doing this by letting the stick go and then going full opposite lock.

I think this is the crux of the steering problem whilst using controller, rather than a steering wheel in this game. The rate isn’t the same when you go from lock to opposite lock, versus going from neutral to lock.

At the moment, it seems that if you go from neutral stick to lock, that takes, say, Y milliseconds (say 250ms as an example) to complete. When you go from lock to opposite lock, that movement is currently taking Y ms total (so 250ms total, or 125ms from lock to neutral, and 125ms from neutral to opposite lock). Ok? In fact, it's a _lot_ faster to do this transition. The steering wheel needs to move a much greater distance, yet takes a lot less time to do that movement, which is catching myself and a lot of others out.

The solution is to ensure that the steering rate is constant, irrespective of whether you're moving the stick a tiny amount, or from lock to lock. It doesn't need to be slow, just constant, and thus predictable. In my example above, it would be 250ms + 250ms = 500ms. With a constant rate, I can slow down or speed up the steering rack speed appropriately, depending on how fine my right-stick motor skills are...

As it is, in my example above, we can change the steering rack speed in the car tuning setup, which makes the lock-to-lock speed pretty much instantaneous, which means if you start having to correct the steering whilst going down a straight, you'll end up carving sine curves of increasing amplitude, fighting the steering all the way = not fun.

LR_Se7eN
01-06-2015, 13:25
Can we PLEASE get a definitive answer to what these graphs mean and how to use this monitor. PLEASE! I am so very confused. Here are the highlights of my experience.

I am on PS45 running a Fanatec Clubsport Wheel Base (V1) with Clubsport Elite Pedals, all firmware and drivers are current (53 on the wheel rim at boot-up). I have never seen the yellow line move at all. The white line has been active since I started using the monitor to check FFB information. I get some decent FFB from the wheel/Rim but I also get some strange vibrations that don't seem to relate to any real force at all.

I have been reading differing opinions and quotes on what the two lines are supposed to be tracking but I would really like to get a definitive answer from several people (WMD Devs/Community/WMD Members/Experts) on what it all means.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

-CM

gds1972
03-06-2015, 18:28
Can anyone help with what controller setting to change to help with this issue? I'm trying to drive the Mclaren F1 car and I'm finding it seems to understeer in corners but I think the car has the grip available to take a tighter line.

Thanks in advance
gds1972

Go2zero
07-06-2015, 07:48
Can anyone help with what controller setting to change to help with this issue? I'm trying to drive the Mclaren F1 car and I'm finding it seems to understeer in corners but I think the car has the grip available to take a tighter line.

Thanks in advance
gds1972 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfBrR9KLWhk found these setting helped as a good starting point for all car types.

gds1972
07-06-2015, 11:07
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfBrR9KLWhk found these setting helped as a good starting point for all car types.

Thanks I will give this a try.

Dazza1976
07-06-2015, 18:04
Ian / Stephen hope you read this.

Patch 1.3 fixed the missing range on the analogue sticks which has made huge difference to the game especially when driving with aids off.

After playing a lot since patch 1.3 there is still the same issue with the triggers. Only 70% range is used on the triggers to register full braking and throttle in game. This should be fixed in the upcoming patches as it will make a huge difference to people that have ABS and Traction Control off using pad. Please confirm this will be fixed just like you fixed the stick issue. Thank you.

Dev's are you going to fix this? should be a simple setting change right?

MuddyGore6
11-06-2015, 01:26
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfBrR9KLWhk found these setting helped as a good starting point for all car types.

Haven't had a chance to play due to work commitments , but just tried these settings with xBox Controller , bloody great . Started Career again in Karts and they actually turn in correctly and you can push them beyond there grip levels on corners now . Don't know if they'll suit everyone . But well worth having a look and trying them out . It's great to see so many people trying to help others out

Bearboy
17-06-2015, 18:02
Hi
Today when I start up the game it was time for a
update, Whohoo! ok got it down and re started the game for
a Ginetta session. You guys got to be joking with us BIG TIME
now its totaly bananas going out off pit it goes left/right
all the time dosen´t stop.
I had a so/so play able game dispite all bugs now its fucked.
What is the matter here? I for sure thought that after all this years
off development it was the game off all times. But it seems to be the
game off the decade when it comes to trouble/Bugs things that had to be
tweaked not only to be able to drive the cars, But to have the fucking game
work at all.
I use Steering Wheel Trustmaster TX Racing Wheel. Urgent answer please!

Goodlybenny45
18-06-2015, 17:20
I just can't seem to get the controller settled down, cars either too twitchy or half asleep. I've Tried various adjustments, and it seems ok.... But then I change car and its twitchy as hell again. I like the way the game lets you adjust even the slightest detail , but this controller issue is doing my nut in. What am I doing wrong?!

Kirby711
18-06-2015, 19:16
I'm not sure whether this has been raised before, so here goes.

I had a go at pCars last night, after updating with the latest patch. Yes, the controller issue re lock-to-lock disconnect between steering and the controller stick position (hard left lock v right lock on the stick...) seems to be fixed.

I've found another related problem though:

Take out an open-wheeled car (say a formula Rookie car), drive onto the track and stop. Change your view so that you can see the front of the car and the driver’s steering wheel.

From neutral stick, go full left, then let go of the stick. The drivers hands and steering wheel will move to the left at a particular speed. It doesn’t matter how fast you move the stick from neutral to hard left, the steering will move at a constant rate until it gets to full left lock.

Then do the same for full right.

Then go full left again. Always starting from neutral.

You can go full left, and let go of the stick, and the rate back to neutral will be a bit quicker. Take note of the speed of these movements in-game. You can bring up the data overlay, and watch the steering position change as well in graphical form.

Now, from neutral, go full left, then go full right from full left. The speed at which the steering moves from full left to full right stick is _much_ faster (almost instantaneous) than doing this by letting the stick go and then going full opposite lock.

I think this is the crux of the steering problem whilst using controller, rather than a steering wheel in this game. The rate isn’t the same when you go from lock to opposite lock, versus going from neutral to lock.

At the moment, it seems that if you go from neutral stick to lock, that takes, say, Y milliseconds (say 250ms as an example) to complete. When you go from lock to opposite lock, that movement is currently taking Y ms total (so 250ms total, or 125ms from lock to neutral, and 125ms from neutral to opposite lock). Ok? In fact, it's a _lot_ faster to do this transition. The steering wheel needs to move a much greater distance, yet takes a lot less time to do that movement, which is catching myself and a lot of others out.

The solution is to ensure that the steering rate is constant, irrespective of whether you're moving the stick a tiny amount, or from lock to lock. It doesn't need to be slow, just constant, and thus predictable. In my example above, it would be 250ms + 250ms = 500ms. With a constant rate, I can slow down or speed up the steering rack speed appropriately, depending on how fine my right-stick motor skills are...

As it is, in my example above, we can change the steering rack speed in the car tuning setup, which makes the lock-to-lock speed pretty much instantaneous, which means if you start having to correct the steering whilst going down a straight, you'll end up carving sine curves of increasing amplitude, fighting the steering all the way = not fun.

That's an interesting find... I'm at work so I haven't got the chance to look at it as you did, but if thats the case, we could certainly use a patch to clear that up.

I've dialed in my controller settings pretty good, but I do sometime feel like somethings missing from my actions on the controller to in game response. Now, I haven't got to play the game nearly enough, so a lot of it is probably myself adjusting to more simulation physics engine. Also, I've been using the "bonnet" cam most of the time, so I haven't been watching the game's steering wheel response. Anyways, interesting point... Perhaps, someone from SMS will take a look at this.

Kirby711
18-06-2015, 19:20
I just can't seem to get the controller settled down, cars either too twitchy or half asleep. I've Tried various adjustments, and it seems ok.... But then I change car and its twitchy as hell again. I like the way the game lets you adjust even the slightest detail , but this controller issue is doing my nut in. What am I doing wrong?!

You may have already tried these settings, but what seems to have helped me the most was changing "Controller Filtering" or whatever its called to 50 or 55.

Also "Speed Sensitivity" I have at 65, "Steering Deadzone" at somewhere close to 14, and "Steering Sensitivity" at 0. I haven't determined rather I like having the advanced options on or off. Most of the time though, I have "Advanced" set to off.

Goodlybenny45
18-06-2015, 21:01
You may have already tried these settings, but what seems to have helped me the most was changing "Controller Filtering" or whatever its called to 50 or 55.

Also "Speed Sensitivity" I have at 65, "Steering Deadzone" at somewhere close to 14, and "Steering Sensitivity" at 0. I haven't determined rather I like having the advanced options on or off. Most of the time though, I have "Advanced" set to off.

Ok mate , thanks my settings are already pretty much what you've just given...apart from advanced is set to on. I'll try switching it to off. It just seems to be when i go from car to car it changes dramatically .
Its just frustrating...because I love the game

Go2zero
19-06-2015, 08:55
Hi Goodlybenny45 with these controller settings and a couple tweaks things worked well for me. (Thanks to Rot King YouTube) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfBrR9KLWhk I found these controller settings give a good balance for most cars. Then edit the steering ratio in the tuning menu to dial in the cars to suit your style. Tire pressures can help, to reduce understeer raise pressures at the front and decrease at the rear.
To reduce oversteer raise pressures at the rear and reduce at the front.

Goodlybenny45
19-06-2015, 14:18
Hi Goodlybenny45 with these controller settings and a couple tweaks things worked well for me. (Thanks to Rot King YouTube) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfBrR9KLWhk I found these controller settings give a good balance for most cars. Then edit the steering ratio in the tuning menu to dial in the cars to suit your style. Tire pressures can help, to reduce understeer raise pressures at the front and decrease at the rear.
To reduce oversteer raise pressures at the rear and reduce at the front.

I'll give it a go mate, thanks

javok
20-06-2015, 00:22
I almost never bother bother posting on tech issues, but I've just updated PCARS on my xbox1 with the latest patch and wanted to share my settings for my controller and experience across almost all the cars at various tracks. I can say that the hyper sensitive, over counter steering wall banging frustration seems to be over! Quick run down in hopes in may help other xboxers:

1) set my steering DEADZONE to 40.
2) set my steering sensitivity to 20. (for some reason having the deadzone higher value than sensitivity is proper ratio for smooth, predictable inputs)
3) speed sensitivity I had at 65.
4) all other settings default, ADVANCED SETTINGS ALL OFF!

Holy crap the cars are a joy to drive now, including all the open wheelers! I am able to place them exactly where i want them on the track for turn in, I can mash the gas and get a pleasant oversteer with predictable counter steer. All in all it is feeling very good and fun like it should have with just the right amount of threat and scary for bad throttle behavior. Best part: NO ASSISTS WHATSOEVER! No traction or steering assists needed. The cars just skid, drift like you want them. I was actually 4 wheel sliding the Formula A through Cadwell. Whatever they did in the patch seems to have worked like a charm and I can thoroughly enjoy the game on my xbox1. I plan to get the PC version soon, but I enjoy racing with a group a friends on live.

I hope this advice will deliver the same results for others - honestly these are my settings and the game is now a scary, blast to drive. Good luck, drivers!

Umer Ahmad
20-06-2015, 00:31
Moved post here, perhaps others can benefit

AdM1
20-06-2015, 01:20
Just tried this as you hyped it up.. All I changed was the deadzone to 40 and sensitivity to 20 and you know what I'm going really well I'm not sure if much faster but seems easier to control. Will be playing with it some more but cheers for posting.. I should have probably tried a higher deadzone already just seems wrong lol. Was at deadzone 10 and 0 sensitivity before now.

javok
20-06-2015, 02:17
Just tried this as you hyped it up.. All I changed was the deadzone to 40 and sensitivity to 20 and you know what I'm going really well I'm not sure if much faster but seems easier to control. Will be playing with it some more but cheers for posting.. I should have probably tried a higher deadzone already just seems wrong lol. Was at deadzone 10 and 0 sensitivity before now.

Seems too high a value indeed. But it seems to work! Good luck, try that with the various cars.

transfix
20-06-2015, 10:20
I almost never bother bother posting on tech issues, but I've just updated PCARS on my xbox1 with the latest patch and wanted to share my settings for my controller and experience across almost all the cars at various tracks. I can say that the hyper sensitive, over counter steering wall banging frustration seems to be over! Quick run down in hopes in may help other xboxers:

2) set my steering sensitivity to 20. (for some reason having the deadzone higher value than sensitivity is proper ratio for smooth, predictable inputs)

Holy crap the cars are a joy to drive now, including all the open wheelers! I am able to place them exactly where i want them on the track for turn in, I can mash the gas and get a pleasant oversteer with predictable counter steer. All in all it is feeling very good and fun like it should have with just the right amount of threat and scary for bad throttle behavior. Best part: NO ASSISTS WHATSOEVER! No traction or steering assists needed. The cars just skid, drift like you want them. I was actually 4 wheel sliding the Formula A through Cadwell. Whatever they did in the patch seems to have worked like a charm and I can thoroughly enjoy the game on my xbox1. I plan to get the PC version soon, but I enjoy racing with a group a friends on live.

I hope this advice will deliver the same results for others - honestly these are my settings and the game is now a scary, blast to drive. Good luck, drivers!

That Deadzone and Sensitivity do seem quite high but I'll def try them out. I had my controller settings down solid for 1.3. Now I have to work them again to correct the hyper sensitive steering. Just wish my wheel would hurry and arrive so I can ditch the controller.

AdM1
20-06-2015, 15:59
Okay I ended back up on deadzone 10 lol, the higher deadzone helps and you can definitely slide around more but I just found there was less precision maybe its because I'm used to how I've had it set for so long. GT3 was okay but once I got in Formula B I changed it back. I use deadzone 10 and sensitivty 0 with 0 controler filtering and 50 speed sensitivity.

Dazlingdazza
27-06-2015, 23:55
Ok, so all these settings seem to work sometimes but not others ...this is the issue, unpredictable behaviour and diffiicult to save once things start to go wrong which is just not fun in my opinion. So although i get that this is a sim would it not be possible to have a "i don't have a wheel or 23 hours a day" controller friendly mode? Some may think this would give an unfair advantage but Forza gods i've spoken to claim you need to master "Simulation steering mode" to get the best times out of a controller so surely no issue there. Almost every other driving game i've played in recent times manages to give me a feeling of predictable control with a joypad so surely it doesn't have to be such a car and control settings chore on p cars even if it's down to using a wimp out make it fun mode that is optional for people like me who just can't seem to get any consistant reaction from current joypad options. Please please please remember the short on time and wheel cost / practicality folks and apply a controller mode that many other games seem to have managed so i can have fun again. P.s. patches so far are keeping me invested for what it's worth so thanks for your hard work :-)

Dazza

TT-F3
09-07-2015, 13:07
I have to agree, ive been lurking here for some time trying all sorts of controller configs but the game is virtually unplayable using the controller. At best im keeping the car on line by the skin of my teeth but its no fun and certainly not competitive, pointless playing online as it would annoying for other players. Not sure i can stomach coughing up £££'s for a wheel which is a shame ive been looking forward to this game for ages.

AdM1
09-07-2015, 14:12
I've been through no end of set ups. Literally spent hours and hours back and forth trying different things, mostly trying to stop front tyres going red.

I've got it down to 2 differnt set up with mode 1 and 2 just deciding which I prefer now. I've settled before though as you will see my post above but that's changed now.

Tim0waR
12-07-2015, 19:39

Which Controller Mode? 1,2 or 3?

EMW Mayhem
22-07-2015, 21:12

sailordude9980
05-08-2015, 19:14
Has anyone noticed any gameplay differences using the Spectra Wired Xbox One controller? (Its an aftermarket controller that shows led lights)

frito
13-08-2015, 15:39
Thanks for the info on here off everybody, I bought this game in the Xbox Live sale (its reduced right now) and have been testing all the controller configurations out, I've found one on here that works but the main thing for me is just to have traction control on and none of the other aids. This looks like a decent game if it works properly with all those interesting tracks like Donington and Snetterton that I've been to myself in person, also Brands which is my favourite

transfix
15-08-2015, 20:35
This game is almost unplayable on controller. I've tried so many settings that my head hurts. I managed in update 1.4 to get a solid controller setup however when 2.0 released it was back to zero. Is there any setup out there that can give a smooth controller feel similar to that of Forza (dare I say it)?
The opposite lock is still somewhat present, not as bad as before but still irritating.

gtFOOTw
18-08-2015, 17:41
This game is almost unplayable on controller. I've tried so many settings that my head hurts. I managed in update 1.4 to get a solid controller setup however when 2.0 released it was back to zero. Is there any setup out there that can give a smooth controller feel similar to that of Forza (dare I say it)?
The opposite lock is still somewhat present, not as bad as before but still irritating.
I've been playing with the TX wheel since day one, but usually play Forza with a controller. Yesterday I decided I wanted to play PC with a controller and like everyone else discovered the default settings are basically unplayable. After about 3 hours of experimentation I finally got it to feel "very close" to Forza.
ALL STEERING, THROTTLE, BRAKE, AND CLUTCH DEAD ZONES AND SENSITIVITY AT ZERO.
SPEED SENSITIVITY AT 76
CONTROLLER FILTERING SENSITIVITY AT 16
FORCE FEEDBACK 28
CONTROLLER INPUT MODE 3
ADVANCED ON
SOFT STEERING DAMPENING ON
VISUAL WHEEL FILTERING ON
OPPOSITE LOCK HELP OFF
So far I've only been using GT3 cars so I don't yet know if it will work the same for all types.
The Controller Filtering Sensitivity seems to be the key for getting that "Forza smoothness".

CavalierDeth
17-10-2015, 00:38
I've been playing with the TX wheel since day one, but usually play Forza with a controller. Yesterday I decided I wanted to play PC with a controller and like everyone else discovered the default settings are basically unplayable. After about 3 hours of experimentation I finally got it to feel "very close" to Forza.
SPEED SENSITIVITY AT 76
FORCE FEEDBACK 28
CONTROLLER INPUT MODE 3
ADVANCED ON
OPPOSITE LOCK HELP OFF
So far I've only been using GT3 cars so I don't yet know if it will work the same for all types.
The Controller Filtering Sensitivity seems to be the key for getting that "Forza smoothness".

Very best configuration, it's approved for open wheels too. Thanx.

evolone
28-10-2015, 16:35
So i just bought pc today with paid dlc only to find it literally unplayable on the controller lol then i see this thread. Anyways its the same twitch that everyone else has. Is this fix almost ready?

Loadme Tacos
29-10-2015, 12:36
SPEED SENSITIVITY AT 76
FORCE FEEDBACK 28
CONTROLLER INPUT MODE 3
ADVANCED ON
OPPOSITE LOCK HELP OFF

Very best config for xb1 controller. thanks.

Hey SMS, look at this!

gtFOOTw
30-10-2015, 23:25
Very best config for xb1 controller. thanks.

Hey SMS, look at this!
A little update on this.
After playing FM6 for the past 6 or 7 weeks I clicked on Pcars to give it a spin this morning.
I resumed my Formula C career and found the car a bit twitchy ( compared to FM6 ). So I decided to increase the steering ratio to max. in the car tuning menu.
Took it out for practice on the BRNO circuit and LOVED IT. Was able to place the car smoothly and accurately through all the endless sweepers there.
Tried this on the Rocket Bunny and EVO in the new car pack and really liked it there too, just like Forza.
I'm not giving up on this game, it's superior to Forza in many ways. Forza still has it beat in the "pick up and play" friendliness though.
I glad these settings have helped some of you enjoy the game, I'll keep this updated if I come across anything new.

The Gent
06-11-2015, 00:57
A little update on this.
After playing FM6 for the past 6 or 7 weeks I clicked on Pcars to give it a spin this morning.
I resumed my Formula C career and found the car a bit twitchy ( compared to FM6 ). So I decided to increase the steering ratio to max. in the car tuning menu.
Took it out for practice on the BRNO circuit and LOVED IT. Was able to place the car smoothly and accurately through all the endless sweepers there.
Tried this on the Rocket Bunny and EVO in the new car pack and really liked it there too, just like Forza.
I'm not giving up on this game, it's superior to Forza in many ways. Forza still has it beat in the "pick up and play" friendliness though.
I glad these settings have helped some of you enjoy the game, I'll keep this updated if I come across anything new.

Thanks for posting this it has helped me a lot :D

nemo06
14-11-2015, 16:42
Thanks for the setting, it's great, now I can ride and win even with Formula A.

Kushanth
20-11-2015, 05:34
Thanks for this tip.. but in real life most drivers would be pissed off :D

Narcarsiss
28-11-2015, 05:38
Works a treaty for my Driving Style, Cheers. (Xbox One-PC)

Here are my settings prior to mode 3 defaults being adjusted.

Mode 3
Steering Deadzone 0
Steering Sens 18

Throttle Deadzone 0
Throttle Sens 45

Brake Deadzone 0
Brake Sens 40

Speed Sens 77
Control Filtering 0

Soft Steering Off
Visual Wheel Off
Opposite Lock Off

TrackDayKC
29-11-2015, 18:17
Very best configuration, it's approved for open wheels too. Thanx.

Best Xbox controller settings yet. Feels like I actually have control of my car instead of wondering when it is going to go in the opposite direction.

Olijke Poffer
25-03-2016, 10:20
Are the FFB settings in my garage (master scale, fx scale, fy scale etc) of any use when using a controller instead of a wheel?
I just sold my wheel and driving with a controller now but was wondering if it is needed or better to use this settings with a controller as well..
Any tips on this? What are you controller users are using. Do you setup these settings per car? Or ignor them complete?

Olijke Poffer
27-03-2016, 09:28
Nobody an idea? :sorrow:

gtFOOTw
01-04-2016, 14:34
I leave it at default. The per car adjustment with the most effect is steering ratio.

mjsteelega
28-06-2016, 21:05
Hi, I have a Thrustmaster Ferrari racing wheel but can not figure out how to assign the left/right trigger buttons to the racing wheel and the trigger is used to navigate some of the menus. Any guidance is much appreciated.

Regards,

MJS

nissan4ever
03-07-2016, 19:33
Hi, I have a Thrustmaster Ferrari racing wheel but can not figure out how to assign the left/right trigger buttons to the racing wheel and the trigger is used to navigate some of the menus. Any guidance is much appreciated.

Regards,

MJS

The brake pedal is L trigger & gas pedal is R trigger. In any in-game menu.

rudyxp
30-11-2016, 18:13
I just have a problem with Thrustmaster 458 Italia (non tx), can't get it to work as a Xbox Controller because when I use it on classic setup it has a gearbox binded default on A and B buttons and I can't make it work on UP and DOWN flaps as I get the message "Multiple inputs have been detected - No action was assigned"
I get this message every time even if I do not touch anything. Any ideas?