PDA

View Full Version : Xbox One Controller: Settings, Problems & Solutions

Pages : [1] 2

Bealdor
07-05-2015, 20:43
If you have found some nice settings for the Xbox One Controller or have any controller specific problems, please post them here.

Everybody who has problems with oversensitive controls, please try the following:

Make sure that you have the latest Xbox One controller firmware installed
Try a reinstallation of the game

Known issues:

Trigger vibration for acceleration and braking not working
Steering can get stuck at full steering lock -> Workaround: Set "Steering Deadzone" to 0

How to: Setting up a gamepad (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?21992-Setting-up-a-gamepad)

Rob Prange
07-05-2015, 20:44
Moved to Xbox One Technical Support Forum.

Cypher
07-05-2015, 20:48
Try the following settings, they're more or less usable for me:

Steering Deadzone 18
Steering Sensitivity 0
Throttle Deadzone 20
Throttle Sensitivity 0
Brake Deadzone 10
Brake Sensitivity 50
Clutch Deadzone 15
Clutch Sensitivity 45
Speed Sensitivity 100
Controller Filtering Sensitivity 5

Controller Input Mode 1
Soft Steering Dampening Off
Visual Wheel Filtering On
Opposite Lock Help On

DUST2DEATH
07-05-2015, 21:01
Here are my settings prior to mode 3 defaults being adjusted.

Mode 3
Steering Deadzone 0
Steering Sens 18

Throttle Deadzone 0
Throttle Sens 45

Brake Deadzone 0
Brake Sens 40

Speed Sens 77
Control Filtering 0

Soft Steering Off
Visual Wheel Off
Opposite Lock Off

cyberfred
07-05-2015, 21:13
mode 2 for me , the one controller works very well , and very smooth in steering ;)

The jackel
07-05-2015, 21:25
I have An issue with the left thumstick. When you Steer to the left and then to the right the steeringwheel is still pointing to the left. You have to release the thumstick before the steeringwheel is back in the central position so you can Steer to the right again. Some other people (tweakers forum) have the same issue.

mikyrally
07-05-2015, 22:45
Hi everyone!
This is “mikyrally” from Spain. Sorry if my English is not good enough, I hope you guys can understand :P
I have a problem with the steering. I play with Xone controller (I don’t use steering wheel) and the direction gets stuck in one position, it doesn’t matter where I want to turn. Most of the times it happens when countersteering and some others after a long corner. I try to turn right and the car goes to the left and vice versa.
I tried with few different controller configurations and helps but I couldn’t fix it so far.
Any way to fix it?

E60MRedFusion
07-05-2015, 23:03
Same issue here with the steering locking on controller for XB1.

If u lock the wheel left and and flick the thumb stick right and vice versa, the steering doesn't move

Is this something to do with the settings or is this a problem/bug that needs fixing??

Heathy71
07-05-2015, 23:20
I have had the same issue with the steering on the Xbox one controller.

E60MRedFusion
07-05-2015, 23:52
I managed to work this out guys... Set ur steering deadline to zero. Problem solved...

There is another issue tho... The vibration is all over the place. U can't get a good feel for oversteer or understeer or brake locking. I know the settings can be changed so if anyone has altered them please let us know.

r3c14im3r
08-05-2015, 00:16
There's also no vibration/feedback on the triggers under accel or braking.

tarbat
08-05-2015, 00:21
What I don't understand with the controller setup is that full steering lock is achieved with the steering joystick only moved about 60%. It gets to full steering lock at 60%, and the rest of the joystick movement has no effect.

Anyway, got mine working using a CronusMax and my old XB360 wireless speed wheel, but had to write a CronusMax script to reduce the full lock throw on the steering joystick axis.

Is there a description somewhere of what the modes 1,2 and 3 are?

DUST2DEATH
08-05-2015, 00:47
if the vibration on the triggers doesnt stop, consistent, turn ffb to 0 to work around. its known.

Make sure the XB1 controller firmware is updated to latest as well.

Some reports of hyper sensitivity on xbox have been resolved by reinstalling the game. YMMV.

Headdogg81
08-05-2015, 00:47
I managed to work this out guys... Set ur steering deadline to zero. Problem solved...

There is another issue tho... The vibration is all over the place. U can't get a good feel for oversteer or understeer or brake locking. I know the settings can be changed so if anyone has altered them please let us know.

Yeah Im also having this issue. Was initially thinking it was my controller but Ill give this a go later when I get home. Thanks...

Scav3nger
08-05-2015, 01:36
Some reports of hyper sensitivity on xbox have been resolved by reinstalling the game. YMMV.

Also make sure you let it install fully before launching.

Ixoye56
08-05-2015, 01:51

Where can I find the setting for Steering Deadline?

Scav3nger
08-05-2015, 02:09
Where can I find the setting for Steering Deadline?

Help and Options > Controls > Configuration > Steering Deadzone

Ixoye56
08-05-2015, 02:46
The Game have overly sensitive steering, I have tried all possible settings, but nothing helps to get rid of the hypersensitive steering, except if I use the "Steering Assistance" then it feels almost like Forza! I hope there will be a fix for the sensitive control, otherwise it is unplayable without using assists for me.

Yobbo NZ
08-05-2015, 02:51
The Game have overly sensitive steering, I have tried all possible settings, but nothing helps to get rid of the hypersensitive steering, except if I use the "Steering Assistance" then it feels almost like Forza! I hope there will be a fix for the sensitive control, otherwise it is unplayable without using assists for me.

I'm the opposite,I found the assist made it harder to turn.With the Karts,you almost have to stop dead to get it to turn,turning off the assisted steering,the thing turns on a dime.But then it makes it difficult if you start to counter steer,as it's very twitchy.

tarbat
08-05-2015, 03:06

That's because full steering lock is achieved with the steering joystick only moved about 60%. It gets to full steering lock at 60%, and the rest of the joystick movement has no effect. I don't know if this a bug, or if this was a deliberate design decision.

ocat1979
08-05-2015, 05:32
if the vibration on the triggers doesnt stop, consistent, turn ffb to 0 to work around. its known.

My triggers don't vibrate at all, the controller vibrates but the rumble triggers do nothing. Is there trigger rumble in PCars or is this a bug stopping them working?

ocat1979
08-05-2015, 06:18
http://youtu.be/NPnqLH0egbU

Not my video but I've had this happen to me multiple times now. This has to be a priority fix

Bealdor
08-05-2015, 06:21

Not my video but I've had this happen to me multiple times now. This has to be a priority fix

Known issue. Set Steering Deadzone to 0 as a workaround.

Edit: Could a mod make this thread sticky please?

OrenIshii BE
08-05-2015, 06:29

Man, glad i'm not the only one with this issue!
What a relief, will test the zero deadzone setting tonight.

Haven't had a single decent race due to this steering lock, but i'm still impressed with the game in general.

AsHeavenIsWide
08-05-2015, 06:43
I know this is a different game but i could of sworn i had to somthing along the lines of changing controller settings on shift 2 to make the car handle better.

Anywas looking aroound on other forums apparently a guy on race department suggest's

"Set everything to 0. And I mean everything, throttle, brakes the lot.
Turn off advanced settings.
Then just turn speed sensitivity upto 80."

Looks like a good place to start. Hopefully they get a patch out.

Scav3nger
08-05-2015, 07:01
My triggers don't vibrate at all, the controller vibrates but the rumble triggers do nothing.

Neither do mine, but I don't mind that, because I hate it. All well and good if it's feedback coming through a pedal but on a trigger where the control is much less precise it's a hindrance rather than a help.

POCOFRIO
08-05-2015, 07:15
Good morning , first to congratulate the creators of the game . I love it.
For me these are the three most serious problems with gamepad Xbox :
1. When brake controller vibration sound of my helmet off, I could only partially solve the forcefeedback putting 0 , but lose sensitivity under braking.
2. Hypersensibilidad turning the jostick , this is partially solvable with a configuration , but think it should be softer.
3. The most important problem is that when you turn left or right direction abuts , you begin to turn to the other side , but the direction takes almost a second start reacting , ie if you want to draw a curve closed when you exit and start to straighten the direction the car takes almost a second to start straightening.
Thank you for attencion and i wish you can solution the problems.

Mstdrifter98
08-05-2015, 07:20
Needs patching it's almost impossible to do a successful turn with the go karts.

Cliffyboy1962
08-05-2015, 07:36
I know this is a different game but i could of sworn i had to somthing along the lines ofchanging controller settings on shift 2 to make the car handle better.

Anywas looking aroound on other forumns apparently a guy on race department suggest's

"Set everything to 0. And I mean everything, throttle, brakes the lot.
Turn off advanced settings.
Then just turn speed sensitivity upto 80."

Looks like a good place to start. Hopefully they get a patch out.

I have read and tried this and believe it felt quite an improvement. However it was 1.00am this morning and my brain was completely fried so will need to re-check again later today.

The guy's post is mainly addressing the general issue of oversensitivity of the Xbox one controller

These issues with contollers always come to the fore when a new game is released. Fundamentally, controlling a high horsepower car with a tiny thumbstick is always going to be a compromise. Also a lot of the issues experienced will be related to the fact that we havent played enough yet to learn the game physics and controller interface. Practice will get us all closer to where we want to be.

POCOFRIO
08-05-2015, 07:53
These issues with contollers always come to the fore when a new game is released. Fundamentally, controlling a high horsepower car with a tiny thumbstick is always going to be a compromise. Also a lot of the issues experienced will be related to the fact that we havent played enough yet to learn the game physics and controller interface. Practice will get us all closer to where we want to be.

Yes, of course but in Xbox One the problem is real, there are three bugs in the gamepad.

ocat1979
08-05-2015, 07:55
Ok guys, anyone still struggling with twitchyness try this:

Speed Sensitivity to 65
Control filtering to 50

Now here's the secret - go to your cars tuning setup and look for the setting "Steering Rack Ratio", set this all the way to the right (slow). This has removed all the twitch for me, it's a game saver!!!

POCOFRIO
08-05-2015, 08:11
Reinstalling the game very problems are solution.

Bunyip04
08-05-2015, 08:29
Where do you find the steering rack adjustment??

Edit- Disregard.. I found it haha.

Gooseone
08-05-2015, 08:38
I've tried to explain what everything does here: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?21992-Setting-up-a-gamepad&p=883696&viewfull=1#post883696
That post can help to figure out what you're doing when you're adjusting things instead of just copying settings.
(Ow and thanks for reminding me about the steering ratio adjustment, where it appears to be a game saver for some, there has been debate in the past if even does anything at all :D)

Cliffyboy1962
08-05-2015, 09:31

Speed Sensitivity to 65
Control filtering to 50

Now here's the secret - go to your cars tuning setup and look for the setting "Steering Rack Ratio", set this all the way to the right (slow). This has removed all the twitch for me, it's a game saver!!!

This may be a useful workaround but I did notice yesterday that some of the challenges require you to use a car with no change to setup, so still searching for a solution through the controller settings.

Ixoye56
08-05-2015, 09:32

I have already tried this and noticed no difference at all, what I miss in the controller settings is an option to adjust the "Steering Linearity" such an adjustment would probably help a lot to get to grips with the sensitive steering

Have you all tested the Ford GT40 MK IV? If you think Go-Carts is hard to drive, try that monster :)

feeling
08-05-2015, 09:57
Also getting the stuck on lock issue when using the XB1 controller.

How has this got passed the external QA team I do not know... :|

Bealdor
08-05-2015, 10:00
Also getting the stuck on lock issue when using the XB1 controller.

How has this got passed the external QA team I do not know... :|

Read the OP for a workaround.

feeling
08-05-2015, 10:05
Read the OP for a workaround.

Yeah I saw, but it was just a general comment of +1 and the note of QA testing.

piston broke
08-05-2015, 10:05

Speed Sensitivity to 65
Control filtering to 50

This made it better for me using the controller.

Nelly D Racer
08-05-2015, 10:14
Here's three that I've come accross, the third one suited me the best but I increased the deadzone to 10

Option 1

Steering Deadzone 20
Steering Sensitivity 60
Throttle Deadzone 10
Throttle Sensitivity 30
Brake Deadzone 10
Brake Sensitivity 15
Clutch Deadzone 10
Clutch Sensitivity 45
Speed Sensitivity 80
Controller Filtering sensitivity 20

Option 2

Steering deadzone 18
steering sensitivty 5
Throttle deadzone 0
Throttle sensitivity 30
Brake deadzone 14
Brake sensitivity 15
Clutch deadzone 0
Clutch sensitivity 45
Speed sensitivity 75
Control filtering sensitivity 50

Option 3

Steering deadzone 5
steering sensitivty 0
Throttle deadzone 0
Throttle sensitivity 30
Brake deadzone 5
Brake sensitivity 20
Clutch deadzone 0
Clutch sensitivity 45
Speed sensitivity 65
Control filtering sensitivity 50

tarbat
08-05-2015, 10:21
This works, and fixes the oversensitivity, if using the MS Wireless Speed Wheel and CronusMax. Use the following in the GPC script:

if(get_val(XB360_LX)<0){
set_val(XB1_LX, ((get_val(XB360_LX) * 44) / 100) -6);
}

if(get_val(XB360_LX)>0){
set_val(XB1_LX, ((get_val(XB360_LX) * 44) / 100) +6);
}

This effectively fixes the bug where Project Cars is only using half the movement of the steering analog stick.

BTW, re-installing doesn't make any difference to the over-sensitivity of the steering analog stick. A wasted 15 hours :(

hawke73
08-05-2015, 10:25
This made it better for me using the controller.

The work arounds dont work, it is broken, it either locks or goes really slow. Makes it impossible to drive.

So please stop saying about the workaround. Its broken and needs a patch.

Gooseone
08-05-2015, 10:41
The work arounds dont work, it is broken, it either locks or goes really slow. Makes it impossible to drive.

Setting deadzone to 0 does seem to be a valid workaround, and only being able to use part of the stick input could very well be due to speed sensitivity settings.
I've tried to make a tutorial the help adjust the settings: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?21992-Setting-up-a-gamepad&p=883696&viewfull=1#post883696
The bugs are being worked on and there are temporary workarounds, although controls will probably improve in the future there is a bit of a learning curve.

piston broke
08-05-2015, 10:52

Try setting up your car as well . Tyre temp makes a big difference in this game

POCOFRIO
08-05-2015, 11:13
Hello everyone, reinstalled the game and all your problems will be solved direction and sensitivity . And reinstalling should be a different game, I did this morning. Incredible difference. If reinstalled and do not notice the difference is that the update was not installed correctly.

Bealdor
08-05-2015, 11:51
Settings from lesterroe:

ok best settings I have got and seems to work the best.
steering deadzone 5
steering sensitivity 0
throttle sensitivity 30
brake deadzone 14
brake sensitivity 15
clutch 14
clutch sensitivity 15
speed sensitivity 75
controller filtering 75%
force feedback 80%
advanced (on)
soft steering visual wheel on
opposite lock help on

Ma5hEd
08-05-2015, 14:23
These settings work very well for me without using any assists:-

steering 0 5
throttle 0 30
brake 0 20
clutch 0 45
speed sens 75
controller filtering 50
force feedback 60
advanced off

cockpit camera 70

seang337
08-05-2015, 14:48
hi im haveing problems with my xb1 controller with steering how can i sort it thanks

Bealdor
08-05-2015, 14:52
hi im haveing problems with my xb1 controller with steering how can i sort it thanks

Please check out the first post of this thread. If that doesn't help please describe what problems you exactly have.

wraithsrike
08-05-2015, 15:14
Having serous issues now, I've tried loads of these work around but nothing is working.

My steering is hyper sensitive even the slightest movement of the toggle well send the car into the wall and the snap over steer is uncontrollable.

Also the steering is very notchy not smooth at all, love this game to bits but simply cannot play it like this, I'm praying they fix this and just don't leave the steering issues like what happened in shift two.

hawke73
08-05-2015, 15:19
Having serous issues now, I've tried loads of these work around but nothing is working.

My steering is hyper sensitive even the slightest movement of the toggle well send the car into the wall and the snap over steer is uncontrollable.

Also the steering is very notchy not smooth at all, love this game to bits but simply cannot play it like this, I'm praying they fix this and just don't leave the steering issues like what happened in shift two.

I have found the problem affects only certain cars, the clio is un-driveable but in contrast I have been playing a bmw in gt4 races and it is perfect.

Maybe the issue is with fwd cars?

The issue I am referring to is the steering locking up

Seps1974
08-05-2015, 15:20

have you tried to reinstall the game?

seang337
08-05-2015, 15:31
ive got the car packs so if i uninstall and install again i havent got to download car pack again

seang337
08-05-2015, 15:32
its just the steering just touch the stick and it spins out is this a common problem and ifso is there a fix
or have i got to do a controller update

Sankyo
08-05-2015, 15:35
its just the steering just touch the stick and it spins out is this a common problem and ifso is there a fix
or have i got to do a controller update
If you haven't applied any of the controller firmware updates that have been issued in the past then you should definitely do so.

seang337
08-05-2015, 15:38
is there an update for controller then i havent checked it

Sankyo
08-05-2015, 15:42
is there an update for controller then i havent checked it

I don;t have an XB1 so I have no idea how it works but XB1 owners have told me that there have been two firmware updates in the past months. How to find those and apply on your XB1, someone else will have to help you with.

AsHeavenIsWide
08-05-2015, 15:48
I mean lets face it, game is pretty broken using a controller but i have managed to keep the thing on the track with these setting using a Clio around Brands Indy with only stabability as an assist.

Steering Deadzone 0
Steering Sensitivity 0
Throttle Deadzone 0
Throttle Sensitivity 30
Brake Deadzone 10
Brake Sensitivity 15
Clutch Deadzone 15
Clutch Sensitivity 45
Speed Sensitivity 100
Controller Filtering sensitivity 50
Force Feedback 80
Avanced On
Soft Sterring Dampening Off
Opposite Lock Help On

Its a mixture of other setups and have only tested with the Clio. Feel free to add any input.

Pretty sure its the game and not the controller, steering is perfectly smooth on other racing games

nukellani
08-05-2015, 15:55
This is Killing me!! such an awesome game and can't enjoy it.... Spent a fortune 2 years ago on a fanatic csr elite wheel and xbox stop supporting it now can only use it on the PC!!!! PATCH REQUIRED ASAP!!

foundit
08-05-2015, 16:01
Hi I wondered if anyone has any other ideas for the steering getting locked? I have set the Steering Deadzone to 0 and I have re-installed the game. My controller has the latest Xbox One firmware but I still have the problem with the steering getting stuck at full lock when I change the direction of the analog stick quickly. Thanks.

ItchyBear
08-05-2015, 16:05
It's like learning to drive, walk, talk, read, write, speak and game all over again :)

Just to agree with much of the above... Xbox One is fair and reasonably predictable with something like the following as a starting point:

Steering Deadzone 0
Steering Sensitivity 0
Throttle Deadzone 5
Throttle Sensitivity 30
Brake Deadzone 10
Brake Sensitivity 15
Clutch Deadzone 0
Clutch Sensitivity 45

Speed Sensitivity 75
Filtering Sensitivity 50

Controller Input Mode (It doesn't matter, your changing the default settings above)
Advanced OFF

I'd like to add just a couple of suggestions that might help folk too.

1) Make sure your console is up to date by checking your Xbox Dashboard Settings for updates.

2) Make sure your controller is also up to date by checking the same dashboard settings options.

3) Perhaps Karts ain't the best place to test your new found physics? ;) Go prove yourself in Free Practice... pick a low power vehicle and tweak your settings.

4) DO NOT approach your career with the default AI difficulty, they will carve you up, ram you off the track and generally make a frustrating experience worse!

Drop the AI difficulty low... you can always come back and restart your career when you have the controls in a comfy place and your brain-adjusted to pCARS.

5) Drink plenty of water... don't touch the 'good stuff' while practising... always give way to your outside & enjoy!

pCARS is more difficult than many of us imagined but let's not forget where it came from & the flexibility they've given us to find a setup we can evolve.

Hope this helps someone?

Photonenbert
08-05-2015, 16:15
to nr. 3)

yes its better to drive a mid range racing car like a GT3/GT4 car for FFB and conroller testing. or maybe a road car or a smaller formula car.

wraithsrike
08-05-2015, 16:16
Guys it's nothing to do with how difficult the game or the AI might or might not be, there is a steering issue, the steering either locks left or right or its so sensitive even the slightest touch of the toggle puts the steering on full lock even at low speeds, and snap oversteer is mostly uncontrollable, I've played both PC and console racers for years this isn't a learning curve problem it's a game problem.

People all over are reporting this issue I'm just hoping the development team are listening.

This game is awesome but this is a game killer for a lot of people as it renders it unplayable.

seang337
08-05-2015, 16:37
yea it locks for me

returnofjim
08-05-2015, 16:55
I am also struggling on the xbox one using the controller. Hopefully there will be a good fix for it very soon. Im off to my mates house in a bit to see what it plays like on his Thrustmaster TX 458 wheel.

miffymak
08-05-2015, 16:59
This problem can be solved very easily, there is an option under "gameplay" steering assist, this should have read CONTROLLER STEERING ASSIST however this was missed. Tick the box problem solved still you need to play with other settings to get your favoured feel. This is not a proper assist as if you click disable all driving assists this controller steering assist is still available.

Go do this and enjoy the best ever racing experience to be seen in years, vvvrrroooommmmmm , I'm off to hammer some laps around nordschlief in Jim Clarks amazing Lotus 49 ENJOY !!!!

palros
08-05-2015, 17:10
This has driven me Mad and I thought i was going nuts or had lost the ability to drive. Glad its not just me.

So far my experience of this game is going from Free practice around Spa doing a lap, Exiting, going to the handling settings, making some changes and then going back to free practice. The best i have managed so far was something that I would class as drivable but i have not enjoyed driving yet. I would say i have spend more time in the menu system than on the track at the moment.

The main issue I have (aside from the locking etc) is there is just no feel what so ever for what the car is doing, It almost feels like your controlling the arms and legs of the person driving the car.

Its a real shame, because this game is such a fantastic idea and I so badly want to like it. But at the moment its unplayable for me.

I wont mention the karting, its feels like it highlights all the bits of the game that are not quite right yet.

Please fix this fast that codemasters, Please, I need some faith in modern gaming.

miffymak
08-05-2015, 17:42
This has driven me Mad and I thought i was going nuts or had lost the ability to drive. Glad its not just me.

So far my experience of this game is going from Free practice around Spa doing a lap, Exiting, going to the handling settings, making some changes and then going back to free practice. The best i have managed so far was something that I would class as drivable but i have not enjoyed driving yet. I would say i have spend more time in the menu system than on the track at the moment.

The main issue I have (aside from the locking etc) is there is just no feel what so ever for what the car is doing, It almost feels like your controlling the arms and legs of the person driving the car.

Its a real shame, because this game is such a fantastic idea and I so badly want to like it. But at the moment its unplayable for me.

I wont mention the karting, its feels like it highlights all the bits of the game that are not quite right yet.

Please fix this fast that codemasters, Please, I need some faith in modern gaming.

Read my post above and go enjoy this game....BTW its not mad by code masters ,its slightly mad studios...

palros
08-05-2015, 17:50
Read my post above and go enjoy this game....BTW its not mad by code masters ,its slightly mad studios...

I read your post, and it seems rather pointless to buy a game like this and then put driving support on it. I buy these games to drive cars, not for them to drive themselves.

I wont even respond to your other comment.

wraithsrike
08-05-2015, 18:21

You do realise that turning steering assist on actually makes the problem worse.

HLR Joker
08-05-2015, 18:22
Steering assist doesn't work in the manner you stated. It is exactly what it says, it steers you through the corners.
There needs to be a full patch soon or a lot of xboxone gamers I know will get rid, we had the same with Race Pro on 360 and now this. Sorry but this game may be great on PC but console gamers have had far superior offerings with Forza Motorsport (not Horizons) and Gran Turismo. To the best of my knowledge no PC race sim has ever made the transition to consoles and if PCars is anything to go from it will be a long time coming.
Its a crying shame that on release (which has been delayed for improvements??) we have poor sound, graphics tearing and completely uncontrollable vehicles, especially as there was a huge anticipation from fellow xbox one racers due to Forza 5 being shallow in career mode.
Mark.

Psychomatrix
08-05-2015, 18:28
The game used not the full x-axis of the xbox one controller. They should fix it. Because PS4 seems to have smoother steering. Its a shame that SMS released the game in this condition. Beside the steering issue the game had framerate prob ans somethings strange sound when you brake. How can this be. When i want drive a game with assist than i will buy every game but not project cars. Sorry for my poor english

Chokapic
08-05-2015, 18:40
Yeah so there IS a major issue with the control on Xbox One!!
I tried the pc version, with a xbox one controller, and the game is so much easier, with good sensation! I can do many laps without going into walls! But on Xbox One, it's impossible, with the same car and circuit, to make on lap full speed without smashing into walls not knowing why.. :(

Sankyo
08-05-2015, 18:46
Its a shame that SMS released the game in this condition.
If SMS would have seen or known about this issue, they would not have (been allowed to) release(d) the game. It's something they didn't see during development and testing. It has already been confirmed by SMS that this is a controller issue and it is being looked into with top priority.

Gooseone
08-05-2015, 18:56
It's like learning to drive, walk, talk, read, write, speak and game all over again :)

Just to agree with much of the above... Xbox One is fair and reasonably predictable with something like the following as a starting point:

Steering Deadzone 0
Steering Sensitivity 0
Throttle Deadzone 5
Throttle Sensitivity 30
Brake Deadzone 10
Brake Sensitivity 15
Clutch Deadzone 0
Clutch Sensitivity 45

Speed Sensitivity 75
Filtering Sensitivity 50

Controller Input Mode (It doesn't matter, your changing the default settings above)
Advanced OFF

I'd like to add just a couple of suggestions that might help folk too.

1) Make sure your console is up to date by checking your Xbox Dashboard Settings for updates.

2) Make sure your controller is also up to date by checking the same dashboard settings options.

3) Perhaps Karts ain't the best place to test your new found physics? ;) Go prove yourself in Free Practice... pick a low power vehicle and tweak your settings.

4) DO NOT approach your career with the default AI difficulty, they will carve you up, ram you off the track and generally make a frustrating experience worse!

Drop the AI difficulty low... you can always come back and restart your career when you have the controls in a comfy place and your brain-adjusted to pCARS.

5) Drink plenty of water... don't touch the 'good stuff' while practising... always give way to your outside & enjoy!

pCARS is more difficult than many of us imagined but let's not forget where it came from & the flexibility they've given us to find a setup we can evolve.

Hope this helps someone?

Controller input mode matter a lot! they're different even if you set everything else the same.
The advanced options are also set according to the game mode you select so just putting them off is too simple.

In the advanced options, soft steering dampening smooths out the steering, visual filtering makes the visual wheel less jittery and opposite lock help can help some,
yet be disastrous for people with a tendency to over correct.

For the ones having issue with high sensitivity, anyone able to make video of it?

(Plz make sure your controller has it's latest updates, the latest controller updates were in the Feb. system update.
You need to hook the controller up with a cable to your Xbox to update it.
Also set deadzone to 0 to prevent the steering from hanging when you make a specific clip to show the issue, thx)

Psychomatrix
08-05-2015, 18:56
I hope so because the game its so great in physics and features and earn a better steering on controller.

seVn fiRe
08-05-2015, 18:59

Speed Sensitivity to 65
Control filtering to 50

this worked perfectly for me, game got a whole lot better by chaning these two paramters.

wraithsrike
08-05-2015, 19:02
What this could do with is a steering rack lock to lock speed slider S---F in the controller menu and problem would be sorted, I'm guessing this is what sensitive steering is meant to do only it needs sub zero, zero at the moment is more like 50%.

wraithsrike
08-05-2015, 19:06
this worked perfectly for me, game got a whole lot better by chaning these two paramters.

Where do you find these settings, I've looked in tuning but can't see them?

Gooseone
08-05-2015, 19:08
What this could do with is a steering rack lock to lock speed slider S---F in the controller menu and problem would be sorted, I'm guessing this is what sensitive steering is meant to do only it needs sub zero, zero at the moment is more like 50%.

Setting the steering ratio slower in the car setup screen actually does something quite similar in this case.

Seps1974
08-05-2015, 19:12
Both controller and wheel are working fine since I've reinstalled the game.

SpeedFreakDTM
08-05-2015, 19:13
There is another problem with the steering. To see this,:

1: stop your car, (any car)
2: move camera view so you can see your front wheels.
3: Slowly turn left or right untill your car shows FULL LOCK.

You will find, that you have hardly moved the thumbstick.

The only time any car should be at full lock is when my controller is pushed to the extreme left, or the extreme right. All of the travel of my thumbstick should equate to some angle of steering on the car.

Its like the game doesn't know the extremes of the various steering axis on the Xbox One controller.

Please fix this ASAP, along with the issues mentioned above. I want control of how much steering im doing. Right now, i've got more control of the steering using the D-pad.

wraithsrike
08-05-2015, 19:17
I cannot find this screen
?

wraithsrike
08-05-2015, 19:17

The only time any car should be at full lock is when my controller is pushed to the extreme left, or the extreme right. All of the travel of my thumbstick should equate to some angle of steering on the car.

Its like the game doesn't know the extremes of the various steering axis on the Xbox One controller.

Please fix this ASAP, along with the issues mentioned above. I want control of how much steering im doing. Right now, i've got more control of the steering using the D-pad.

This ^^^^^^^

HLR Joker
08-05-2015, 19:20
Controller input mode matter a lot! they're different even if you set everything else the same.
The advanced options are also set according to the game mode you select so just putting them off is too simple.

In the advanced options, soft steering dampening smooths out the steering, visual filtering makes the visual wheel less jittery and opposite lock help can help some,
yet be disastrous for people with a tendency to over correct.

For the ones having issue with high sensitivity, anyone able to make video of it?

(Plz make sure your controller has it's latest updates, the latest controller updates were in the Feb. system update.
You need to hook the controller up with a cable to your Xbox to update it.
Also set deadzone to 0 to prevent the steering from hanging when you make a specific clip to show the issue, thx)
Seems that different cars handle different (I mean in the twitchyness and not the expected). Karts seem to have zero steering except for when slightly touching verge. Escort MK1 seems to dig in when steering and has excessive understeer (which is wrong for a RWD layout car, you' d expect oversteer with minimal understeer).
Yet a few cars I sampled seem great, Formula A and LMP seem quite steady, the GT3 is also fairly easy to get on with and the Clio likes to hug walls.
I'm going to try to steering rack settings see if that helps, would be great to get a few races in.
Mark

P.S I'm on Xbox preview and all my updates are not only up to date but anything up to four weeks ahead of public release. The issue we are experiencing are 100% game related, theremay be fine tunings in car settings but graphically and audio wise the game is buggy and patches are the only fix.

HLR Joker
08-05-2015, 19:38
Setting steering ratio in car tune up definately helps, but still a hard job to get cars to re-act how they should. Just looked at the movement in game to movement on controllers, game reads 100% from about 50-60% input from controller, this explains why Karts have no steering (full lock means rear wheels push Kart forwards). The only part it doesnt explain is how som car models seem to handle well.
Definately requies a patch to utilise control pads better.
Mark

Ixoye56
08-05-2015, 19:46
Hi I wondered if anyone has any other ideas for the steering getting locked? I have set the Steering Deadzone to 0 and I have re-installed the game. My controller has the latest Xbox One firmware but I still have the problem with the steering getting stuck at full lock when I change the direction of the analog stick quickly. Thanks.

It's the same for me, I have tried all suggestions available, but nothing works, the game is unplayable in current status, It is completely incomprehensible that this problem has been unobserved by all "beta testers" !!!!!

Chokapic
08-05-2015, 19:59
Have you guys the possibility to test the pc version with an xbox one one controller? I did and it feels so much better, and i mean, not only the blocking steering, but the whole feel of the car! I want to know if someone tried it? Thanks!

Gooseone
08-05-2015, 20:00
This ^^^^^^^

Is this with visual filtering set to off and visible on the hud telemetry screen?

Ixoye56
08-05-2015, 20:02

We really need a controller calibration tool in Xbox.

could_do_better
08-05-2015, 20:07
I have already tried this and noticed no difference at all, what I miss in the controller settings is an option to adjust the "Steering Linearity" such an adjustment would probably help a lot to get to grips with the sensitive steering

Have you all tested the Ford GT40 MK IV? If you think Go-Carts is hard to drive, try that monster :)

Steering sensitivity adjusts the linearity on the PC (I assume it is similar on XB1). 50 is linear, 0 slower center, 100 - faster in center. try reducing below 50 and also setting the deadzone to 0.

EDIT: Let me try to find the spreadsheet on the WMD site that shows the response curves.

tarbat
08-05-2015, 20:27
Steering sensitivity adjusts the linearity on the PC (I assume it is similar on XB1). 50 is linear, 0 slower center, 100 - faster in center. try reducing below 50 and also setting the deadzone to 0.

Is any of this documented anywhere? Knowing that 50 is linear is really useful to know, and will help me immensely. What we need is a guide to the various configuration settings for controllers.

Is there anyway to adjust the overall lock-to-lock range of the steering stick?

Chokapic
08-05-2015, 20:34
Is the sensitivity setting the same things with brake and acceleration? Linear at 50?

Umer Ahmad
08-05-2015, 20:40
Is the sensitivity setting the same things with brake and acceleration? Linear at 50?
Yes LINEAR = 50

Zero is slower initial response (more low end range control) and 100 is faster initial response (more high end range control)

Incredibike
08-05-2015, 20:43
Guys, the problems of the joypad resolves taking the controller connected to the console with the micro USB cable. The audio headphones and manovrability are ok.

Gooseone
08-05-2015, 20:43
Is any of this documented anywhere? Knowing that 50 is linear is really useful to know, and will help me immensely. What we need is a guide to the various configuration settings for controllers.

Is there anyway to adjust the overall lock-to-lock range of the steering stick?

There's a link in the OP, http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?21992-Setting-up-a-gamepad
And yes, 50 is linear, setting steering ratio slower in the car setup screen further decreases sensitivity.

wraithsrike
08-05-2015, 20:48
It's the lock to lock that's the problem, the smallest movement on the toggle puts the steering & wheels to full lock even though the toggle is no where near full left or right.

It should be toggle full left steering on full left lock and of course like wise right at the moment it's toggle 3 millimetres to the right and the steering is on full right lock there just isn't enough room to do smooth steering inputs, I'm no software guy but I can't see how this would be difficult to correct, T10 & polyphonic seem to be able to get this spot on even without the need for over complex user settings.

could_do_better
08-05-2015, 20:50
Here's what I can find, it relates to wheels but the basic shape of the mappings are the same for pads too.

http://forum.wmdportal.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26008&d=1338572029&thumb=1

Graph traces:
Red - default ratio at 0 steering sensitivity
Blue - default ratio at 50 sensitivity (linear)
Green - default ratio at 100 sensitivity
Purple - your controller output

could_do_better
08-05-2015, 20:53

As Umer said, I find that 30 is a good setting for my Logitech G25 pedals as the springs are weak and it is difficult to control small inputs otherwise.(Yes I'm not too good, the clue is in my name)

Worth experimenting with for sure.

Incredibike
08-05-2015, 20:57
With joypad connected to One with USB cable, headphones work and improves steering.

Umer Ahmad
08-05-2015, 20:59
Are people trying to play project CARS with "wireless" controllers? No, absolutely not the correct way.

could_do_better
08-05-2015, 21:01
Umer i would imagine most people are it's the defacto standard on PS4 and XB1, it's obvious that the lag will be an issue now it's pointed out but I didn't even consider it until now.

wraithsrike
08-05-2015, 21:05
Are people trying to play project CARS with "wireless" controllers? No, absolutely not the correct way.
Please explain, seeing as lag isn't the issue and wifi works perfectly well with any other racing / driving game, why for project car's does the controller need to be wired? How will a wired controller alter the lock to lock ratio?

Umer Ahmad
08-05-2015, 21:09
Just everyone bust out your USB cables and give it a restart. I've seen some people post that it fixed a couple issues.

Personally I would not trust "wireless" anything for a sim like this game.

Gooseone
08-05-2015, 21:09
It's the lock to lock that's the problem, the smallest movement on the toggle puts the steering & wheels to full lock even though the toggle is no where near full left or right.

It should be toggle full left steering on full left lock and of course like wise right at the moment it's toggle 3 millimetres to the right and the steering is on full right lock there just isn't enough room to do smooth steering inputs, I'm no software guy but I can't see how this would be difficult to correct, T10 & polyphonic seem to be able to get this spot on even without the need for over complex user settings.

Are you sure you have the latest software for your controller?

Gooseone
08-05-2015, 21:11
Just everyone bust out your USB cables and give it a restart. I've seen some people post that it fixed a couple issues.

Personally I would not trust "wireless" anything for a sim like this game.

It could be that, when connected, it installs the latest controller update / firmware. I don't think it always does it automatically though.

HLR Joker
08-05-2015, 21:17
Are you sure you have the latest software for your controller?

I experience exactly what wraithsrike says, I'm on latest updates for console and pads. There are no lag issues with any other game, there never has been either on 360 or xbox one that I am aware of, pretty sure lag is a thing of the past with wireless pads.

But to ensure facts I've just attached my USB cable (I have plug n play anyway so is connected at least once a week) but still no change, I've adjusted all variables mentioned across multiple sites and still the level of input and the input speed do not match the game result.

Chokapic
08-05-2015, 21:19
Non, i've always been connected and i have steering problems! One thing i have noticed, in straight line, when tapping the joystick left or right to adjust my line, sometime (1out of 8-10?) it steer way more, resulting in a lost of control, i'll try to make a video of it!

Lee van Davo
08-05-2015, 21:31
What!? Is that some sort of excuse?

Umer Ahmad
08-05-2015, 21:33
No excuses, we're just trying to fix it. Sometimes finding a solution will in reverse identify the problem. Hang in there guys and know that SMS is also investigating this as a top priority for XB1 players.

Incredibike
08-05-2015, 21:49
Anyway, great game. I am confident in the team SMS.

wraithsrike
08-05-2015, 21:52
No excuses, we're just trying to fix it. Sometimes finding a solution will in reverse identify the problem. Hang in there guys and know that SMS is also investigating this as a top priority for XB1 players.
Sorry buddy, but connecting a lead will have zero effect in sorting out the lock to lock ratio, full lock on the game is not set within the same perimeters as the toggle / stick on the controller, this is a programme issue, as I said before 3mm if that on the stick equates to full lock ingame it should be full left/right travel on the stick equates to full left /right lock in game this has nothing to do with lag not that these controllers suffer with sufficient lag nowadays anyway.

Chokapic
08-05-2015, 21:54
I'm just trying to help and/or understand, so look:

http://1drv.ms/1ImZmEW

I don't know if it's clear in the video, but i'm just tapping right or left, the same way, and sometime it turn way too hard, causing the car to lose control when driving a good speed. You can see the difference in the graphic with the yellow bar!
For exemple, when braking and trying to hold a line, i tap once, twice, but the third time, car will slide like i've turned the wheel suddenly 45°, same with straight lines, middle of a turn..
For this reason, i have no feeling with the car, always in fear on what will happend when turning!

Umer Ahmad
08-05-2015, 21:56
No I agree with you guys, somethings wrong with the physical input and what happens in the game. Will research more.

Gooseone
08-05-2015, 21:56
I experience exactly what wraithsrike says, I'm on latest updates for console and pads. There are no lag issues with any other game, there never has been either on 360 or xbox one that I am aware of, pretty sure lag is a thing of the past with wireless pads.

But to ensure facts I've just attached my USB cable (I have plug n play anyway so is connected at least once a week) but still no change, I've adjusted all variables mentioned across multiple sites and still the level of input and the input speed do not match the game result.

Thx, there appears to be an issue at times where the controller is too sensitive on Xbox One, some have reported it was fixed when they installed the latest controller update.
When, like you and wraithsrike mention, you get full input while using only 3/4 of the stick, this would translate in excessive sensitivity; i wanted to make sure it was not the same issue.
I'm merely inquiring to pinpoint the issue.

Gooseone
08-05-2015, 22:04
I'm just trying to help and/or understand, so look:

http://1drv.ms/1ImZmEW

I don't know if it's clear in the video, but i'm just tapping right or left, the same way, and sometime it turn way too hard, causing the car to lose control when driving a good speed. You can see the difference in the graphic with the yellow bar!
For exemple, when braking and trying to hold a line, i tap once, twice, but the third time, car will slide like i've turned the wheel suddenly 45°, same with straight lines, middle of a turn..
For this reason, i have no feeling with the car, always in fear on what will happend when turning!

Could you try setting controller filtering @ 0 and see if it's still the same?

XmasTeaTowel
08-05-2015, 22:05
These are my settings. Good if you find yourself over steering or fishtailing at high speeds.

Steering deadzone 25
Steering sensitivity 0
Throttle deadzone 0
Throttle sensitivity 0
Brake deadzone 0
Brake sensitivity 0

Speed sensitivity 80
Controller filtering 70
Force feedback 60

Soft steer dampening ON
Visual wheel filtering OFF
Opposite lock help OFF

this also gives you more play in the throttle, easier to hold part throttle. Gave these setting to 3 friends who only play casual and now they love the game because they can stay on track.

I also play via usb cord to stop the audio drop bug. So perhaps this is also helping with input as above.

Hope this helps. This game is a joy.

XmasTeaTowel
08-05-2015, 22:19
Or force feedback to 0 to fix wireless audio drop under brakes.... But you get no rumble.

Chokapic
08-05-2015, 22:26
Yeah same with controller filtering @ 0!

These are my settings. Good if you find yourself over steering or fishtailing at high speeds.

Steering deadzone 25
Steering sensitivity 0
Throttle deadzone 0
Throttle sensitivity 0
Brake deadzone 0
Brake sensitivity 0

Speed sensitivity 80
Controller filtering 70
Force feedback 60

Soft steer dampening ON
Visual wheel filtering OFF
Opposite lock help OFF

this also gives you more play in the throttle, easier to hold part throttle. Gave these setting to 3 friends who only play casual and now they love the game because they can stay on track.

I also play via usb cord to stop the audio drop bug. So perhaps this is also helping with input as above.

Hope this helps. This game is a joy.

Yeah i'm with a cable too, but your settings will work with slower car, because it's less sensitive, but with a Formula A or B, it's the same it goes right into walls in straight lines!
My brother have the game on pc and i've played with the same cars and track with an xbox one controller, and there is no problem on pc, totally different feels! I can do many laps without crashing with Formula A!

lm85
08-05-2015, 22:53
I've disabled the wheel/driver in the cockpit view, along with a mixture of settings posted here

for some reason not seeing the wheel turn makes driving easier

slowly starting to like the game now, hated it at first

Ixoye56
08-05-2015, 23:12
It makes no sense to tinker with the settings as long as the lock to lock ratio problem persists, the only thing we can do is wait for a patch that solves the issue.

Hopefully they have time to fix this before the game is released in US

Chokapic
08-05-2015, 23:45
So.. I tried to force the Stability control on OFF and it was better, i don't know maybe someone can try it too? It's late i'll do further test tomorrow! ;)

I also noticed that they were differences in mode 2 and 3 between Xbox one et PC, in Steering deadzone and Steering sensitivity (in mode 3 the number are inverted or so), is it normal?

Yobbo NZ
08-05-2015, 23:49
Also,would it be too rude to suggest,maybe putting the controller settings into the pause menu? Making it a lot easier to change things on the fly,rather than exit game,go to menu,change settings,reload practice,drive for a bit to get tyres up to temp,find out the settings didn't work...rinse and repeat.

Cliffyboy1962
08-05-2015, 23:56
Also,would it be too rude to suggest,maybe putting the controller settings into the pause menu? Making it a lot easier to change things on the fly,rather than exit game,go to menu,change settings,reload practice,drive for a bit to get tyres up to temp,find out the settings didn't work...rinse and repeat.

This has been made possible when in an online lobby. Simply press the start button and select help & options. So why not in an offline race ? God only knows.

Thinking about it, it makes sense to use your own private online lobby to do the testing.

hewd
09-05-2015, 00:22
After going with wired controller instead of wireless it works great for me. Sure, the whole stick travel is not used but no more sudden spin outs, i feel in control now.

Steering DZ and Sens 0
Throttle DZ 10 Sens 40
Brake DZ 10 Sens 30
Speed sens 70
Controller Filtering 50

Input mode 3 and all advanced settings on except for Opposite Lock Help.

macto
09-05-2015, 00:24
I've just created a guide on Steam, may as well paste it here:

These settings have been created for myself using Pro Handling and manual gears. After hours of experimenting, I'm satisfied they can't get much better, well for my driving style anyway. I hope you have as much success with them as I have.

Steering Deadzone: 5
Steering Sensitivity: 0
Throttle Deadzone: 0
Throttle Sensitivity: 0
Brake Deadzone: 5
Brake Sensitivity: 10
Speed Sensitivity: 70
Controller Filtering Sensitivity: 55
Controller Input Mode: 2
Advanced: Off

During testing I found that Speed Sensitivity and Controller Filtering Sensitivity to be the 2 most important to get right. If the speed sensitivity is too high, you'll not be able to turn enough at high speed, too low and you'll lose control at the slightest of touch.

Controller Flitering Sensitivity is also tricky to get right, what might work fine for high speed cars, might not work for slower cars - especially Karts. Too high and it will feel OK for long, gradual corners, but when you move to karts or other tight turns, you'll not be able to turn in enough, meaning that everyone undercuts you.

As mentioned, I use manual gears and if you do too and use cars that are very powerful, I find that shifting up a gear to avoid high revs will keep the car under control coming out of tight corners.

Hope they help.

netcomanche
09-05-2015, 01:20
Guys it's nothing to do with how difficult the game or the AI might or might not be, there is a steering issue, the steering either locks left or right or its so sensitive even the slightest touch of the toggle puts the steering on full lock even at low speeds, and snap oversteer is mostly uncontrollable, I've played both PC and console racers for years this isn't a learning curve problem it's a game problem.

People all over are reporting this issue I'm just hoping the development team are listening.

This game is awesome but this is a game killer for a lot of people as it renders it unplayable.

I have to agree! Hopefully there will be a patch soon.

DaRKoN_
09-05-2015, 01:20
Well, I've spent 2 sessions trying to get a reasonable result with the steering and am giving up for now until a patch is issued. I've dropped the sensitivity right down, put the most amount of controller filerting on, and slowed the steering rack right down for cars and it is still unbearably twitchy.

I've had to disable force feedback too, as tapping the brakes causes 2 seconds of continued rumble for seemingly no reason, rumble triggers don't work for me either.

Umer Ahmad
09-05-2015, 03:02
One silver lining: The XB1 controller seems to work fine/better on PCs so you guys won't have to buy anything further. You have the right equipment. It's a matter of the programmer(s) solving this on XB1 consoles.

Lee van Davo
09-05-2015, 06:16
The best solution for me was to reinstall the game and set the controller to this http://youtu.be/3VCWf8fsJ0o. The game still has some problems but what you can play is great. When it is sorted it will be awesome

tarbat
09-05-2015, 07:32
Here's what I can find, it relates to wheels but the basic shape of the mappings are the same for pads too.

http://forum.wmdportal.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26008&d=1338572029&thumb=1

Graph traces:
Red - default ratio at 0 steering sensitivity
Blue - default ratio at 50 sensitivity (linear)
Green - default ratio at 100 sensitivity
Purple - your controller output

Any chance of re-posting the image - it just says "Invalid Attachment".

derekthetree
09-05-2015, 07:37
During testing I found that Speed Sensitivity and Controller Filtering Sensitivity to be the 2 most important to get right. If the speed sensitivity is too high, you'll not be able to turn enough at high speed, too low and you'll lose control at the slightest of touch.

Controller Flitering Sensitivity is also tricky to get right, what might work fine for high speed cars, might not work for slower cars - especially Karts. Too high and it will feel OK for long, gradual corners, but when you move to karts or other tight turns, you'll not be able to turn in enough, meaning that everyone undercuts you.

As mentioned, I use manual gears and if you do too and use cars that are very powerful, I find that shifting up a gear to avoid high revs will keep the car under control coming out of tight corners.

Hope they help.

After my session last night I would agree with this. I think I'm at about 75 speed sensor and 60 controller filtering.

By then altering the steering rack on each car to be much slower, I got drive able cars.

However snap oversteer or tank slappers are still too hard to correct died to the high sensitivity of the stick.

It feels like there is a good game in here (gt4 and 3 cars are huge fun) but hamstrung by a poor input setup. Looking forward to an estimate on a patch

r94
09-05-2015, 08:18

Well sometimes you have to do that, it's far from being perfect but at least can have some fun before I decide which wheel to buy.

Jenna1990x
09-05-2015, 08:24
What's ffb?

Seps1974
09-05-2015, 08:33
What's ffb?

force feedback

Ryanj98
09-05-2015, 08:44
Can someone tell me how to fix the force feedback on the controller, im currently in formula rookie and as im going along straights my controller is constantly vibrating? Any suggestions?

macto
09-05-2015, 09:07
By then altering the steering rack on each car to be much slower, I got drive able cars.

I'll try this, thanks.

pointchiz
09-05-2015, 09:11
If you're having difficulty handling your car with an XBOX One controller on the PC try the settings below.

Steering Assistance - No
Breaking Assistance - No
Antilock Breaks - Yes
Stability Control - No
Traction Control - Yes

Steering Deadzone 0
Steering Sensitivity 0
Throttle Deadzone 0
Throttle Sensitivity 80
Brake Deadzone 0
Brake Sensitivity 80
Speed Sensitivity 30
Controller Filtering sensitivity 100

I race with GT cars only and these settings work very well. I sometimes steer hard with a controller.

MajorMatty
09-05-2015, 09:40
These are the settings that I'm using, they seem to work well with me, especially driving the Clios.

Throttle Sensitivity: 30
Brake Deadzone: 15
Brake Sensitivity: 15
Speed Sensitivity: 75
Controller Filtering Sensitivity: 65
Force feedback: 90
Controller Input Mode: 3

D_D89
09-05-2015, 09:45
Maybe a stupid question, but if I reinstall the game will I lose al my save data?

vimfuego
09-05-2015, 09:50
When you delete it from the X bone dashboard your save game is a separate file. I deleted mine too just to get everything off the system and when I re installed I only got one decent race before the old problems resurfaced. I think only a patch is going to make it work properly.

Incredibike
09-05-2015, 10:01
I decided to shelve the game, waiting for future corrections. it's too good, but I want to play optimally.

AsHeavenIsWide
09-05-2015, 10:04
Amazing how this got released with the current controls, Ive tried many different controller settings and its impossible to drive, its better with some cars and if the track has straits but you go try starting a career in karts with all the assists on.

Couldent even get around 1 lap and to think i gave this a 2 stars on Amazon instead of a 1

macto
09-05-2015, 10:20
I've just created a guide on Steam, may as well paste it here:

These settings have been created for myself using Pro Handling and manual gears. After hours of experimenting, I'm satisfied they can't get much better, well for my driving style anyway. I hope you have as much success with them as I have.

Throttle Sensitivity: 0
Brake Deadzone: 5
Brake Sensitivity: 10
Speed Sensitivity: 70
Controller Filtering Sensitivity: 55
Controller Input Mode: 2

Hope they help.

After my session last night I would agree with this. I think I'm at about 75 speed sensor and 60 controller filtering.

However snap oversteer or tank slappers are still too hard to correct died to the high sensitivity of the stick.

It feels like there is a good game in here (gt4 and 3 cars are huge fun) but hamstrung by a poor input setup. Looking forward to an estimate on a patch

Having tried the steering rack you suggested, it's even better when using my settings, thanks for this.

I'm happy enough with it now to say it doesn't need patching :)

FormerFaun
09-05-2015, 10:56
Having tried the steering rack you suggested, it's even better when using my settings, thanks for this.

I'm glad your happy with the steering settings you have but to say it doesn't need patching Im not sure about that.

That's your opinion and I respect that.:) I will try these setting tomorrow and see what their like.

There's still a few major issues that need repairing though, frame rate being number one IMO.

Psychomatrix
09-05-2015, 10:59
Sorry but this helps maybe you and your driving skills. But the steering needs to be patched. I'm not happy with this solution. this game is a simulation and no arcade-racer. To say i don't needed be patched help no one here.

HLR Joker
09-05-2015, 11:04
I'm glad your happy with the steering settings you have but to say it doesn't need patching Im not sure about that.

That's your opinion and I respect that.:) I will try these setting tomorrow and see what their like.

There's still a few major issues that need repairing though, frame rate being number one IMO.

I believe frame rate is not an issue if we cannot control the game!!
But there are definite issue with controls, graphics and audio. I'm going for a full re-install right now and see if there is any improvement to be had, according to fellow team mates re-install cures the audio issue (reverb at random points) and seems (at least for them) to offer a moderate improvement on controls.
Will report back on any findings, but I doubt anything other than a patch could cure the issues.
Would be nice to see a control calibration option added into settings, so we set what is 0% and what is 100% movement (this could apply to wheel users that are suffering deadzone issues).
Mark

derekthetree
09-05-2015, 11:06

No worries buddy, if you fancy some racing look me up!

I wouldn't go so far to say it doesn't need patching though.. The x axis needs recalibrating to use all of the stick movement to mak it easir to put on less lock on slower corners

Ghost Livy
09-05-2015, 11:13
Since it doesn't seem to have been reported yet:

It appears that there is a problem with audio if using a stereo headset with the controller (latest controller firmware installed).
Every time i hit the brakes, audio is being muted and sometimes off track as well (without braking).
Anyway audio works just fine when using HDMI output!

And for my settings:

I'm currently reinstalling the game, since i couldn't find any setting where it wouldn't go to 100% steering with less than 50% analogue stick movement! Hope reinstalling helps since it's impossible to play the game like that!

Incredibike
09-05-2015, 11:20
Headset work, with joypad connected to console, with USB cable.

DanNZ21
09-05-2015, 11:22
I have to say that I'm not disappointed in the game so far, I'd say the right word is frustrated. I can see the promise and potential, it's right there to grab, but just out of reach at this current stage.

I've played around with settings myself, used some of the suggested ones in this thread and I just can't seem to find a happy medium.

I guess personally, how something like this can go through the QC process and be missed, I don't understand. I get these things happen occasionally however.

My own experiences so far are more a feeling that using the controller at this stage gives the feeling of being detached from the car. There's no feeling of understeer until its happening and the same applies for oversteer. And then once its happening there is no ability to catch or correct it because to make the car driveable in the first place you have had to dumb the steering right down to be able to drive somewhat normally in the first place.

Don't get me wrong, I'll be sticking round and continue to play. It's nice to know that there is work going on to try and resolve the issues people are experiencing, I just hope for our sake that is high up on the priority list

EDIT: I know that a game like this is really optimized for use with a wheel, but unfortunately some of us either don't have the funds, or in my case the space for a decent set up.

HLR Joker
09-05-2015, 11:24
Since it doesn't seem to have been reported yet:

It appears that there is a problem with audio if using a stereo headset with the controller (latest controller firmware installed).
Every time i hit the brakes, audio is being muted and sometimes off track as well (without braking).
Anyway audio works just fine when using HDMI output!

And for my settings:

I'm currently reinstalling the game, since i couldn't find any setting where it wouldn't go to 100% steering with less than 50% analogue stick movement! Hope reinstalling helps since it's impossible to play the game like that!

Re-install hasn't helped me at all.
The audio issue with HDMI is random high pitched reverberation. Like being in a long low tunnel for 10-20 seconds at a time, there seems to be no pattern to when it'll strike.
Graphically so far I have seen screen tearing due to frame rate drops and also some mild pop-up/collision issues (depends on camera type) with open vehicles such as the Karts.
But the most annoying issue is with out doubt the lack of control, what's confusing is that some vehicles have less of an issue than others, at the minute it seems faster cars suffer less. I know people are saying adjust the steering rack speed/ratio, but this is a default setting issue, steering ratio is an advanced setting to get the most from lap times.
I'm hoping that a patch will be announced shortly, if not then sadly PCars will be traded or sold on.
Mark

MacTavishPapa6
09-05-2015, 11:26
I think the issues will be resolved pretty quickly. I started off Career Mode last night and I couldn't get to grips with the handling of the karts at all and experienced the steering locking bug. I've not changed any settings yet so hopefully I'll get on better later after trying out some different settings.

Trousy
09-05-2015, 11:44
Surely all these other issues being said are just moving away from the fact that the devs need to know you cant go round a corner?

Ghost Livy
09-05-2015, 11:53
I've played around with settings myself, used some of the suggested ones in this thread and I just can't seem to find a happy medium.

I guess personally, how something like this can go through the QC process and be missed, I don't understand. I get these things happen occasionally however.

My own experiences so far are more a feeling that using the controller at this stage gives the feeling of being detached from the car. There's no feeling of understeer until its happening and the same applies for oversteer. And then once its happening there is no ability to catch or correct it because to make the car driveable in the first place you have had to dumb the steering right down to be able to drive somewhat normally in the first place.

I'm totally with you!

Re-install hasn't helped me at all.

damn.. may have to stick with Assetto Corsa and Forza 5 then..

...then sadly PCars will be traded or sold on.

Sadly not an option for digital purchase :(

returnofjim
09-05-2015, 12:21
Be patient for a fix to come. Hopefully it will come soon. I played the game at a friends last night on a Thrustmaster TX 458 Italia wheel and it was great. Once the issues with the xbox one pad are resolved you will be happy.

RubberDave
09-05-2015, 12:33
I have tried everything suggested here, deadzones to 0, all manner of different control configurations and uninstalling and reinstalling the game. I am still having the same issues with delayed response and opposite lock.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uI1ucECcBMI

So far none of the suggested workarounds have worked for me. I'm happy to wait for a patch, just want to add my voice to those raising this as an issue.

macto
09-05-2015, 12:41
No worries buddy, if you fancy some racing look me up!

I wouldn't go so far to say it doesn't need patching though.. The x axis needs recalibrating to use all of the stick movement to mak it easir to put on less lock on slower corners

Yeah saying it doesn't need patching is a bit too far, lol. What I should have said is that I'm happy enough with it as it is for me now and the way I drive - but there's always room for improvement.

I'm not going to venture online much, if at all until I've worked through the career but sure, add me.

http://steamcommunity.com//id/mactoUK/

macto
09-05-2015, 12:44
I have tried everything suggested here, deadzones to 0, all manner of different control configurations and uninstalling and reinstalling the game. I am still having the same issues with delayed response and opposite lock.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uI1ucECcBMI

So far none of the suggested workarounds have worked for me. I'm happy to wait for a patch, just want to add my voice to those raising this as an issue.

Wow, that is bad, it looks like video lag. I'd say make sure your TV is set to game mode but if that was the issue, you notice it in all your games.

macto
09-05-2015, 12:48

Yeah, I withdraw that statement, I'm just happy with how the settings are for me - everybody's driving styles are different.

The only real issue I have with framerate is when it rains, drops to 45-50, otherwise it holds a steady 60fps at all other times. I'm running an i7 4790 and GTX 970.

Chokapic
09-05-2015, 13:37
Yeah but here where are speaking about the Xbox One version, which have big problems comparing to the pc version!

Psychomatrix
09-05-2015, 13:49
No wonder....... pc and X1 version are total different, even with the same x1 controller. It's really frustrating. I never had trust in the reaction of the car because the controls are so bad.

hewd
09-05-2015, 13:55
Yes no point going with how things work on pc, big difference to the xbone version. But somehow the controller works much better now when using a usb cable from the controller to the xbone. It's a night and day difference for me.

jaffa42004
09-05-2015, 13:57
If the dead zone is set to anything other than 0, then the steering just locks for me.

xchrishewittx
09-05-2015, 13:58
i've been trying to play with various settings i've found here and there and i've settled upon the following, this is based on my own driving style and seems to be more stable than anything else, also i'm doing the clio cup and it's great
see what you think
Mode 3 - Steering Deadzone 0
Steering Sens 18

Throttle Deadzone 0
Throttle Sens 45

Brake Deadzone 0
Brake Sens 40

Speed Sens 77
Control Filtering 0

Soft Steering Off
Visual Wheel Off
Opposite Lock Off

Major Raver
09-05-2015, 14:22
Hi All

I stumbled on this short video on twitter early, has made a massive difference to me on the XBOX 1 controller. Hope it helps https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0bOKqwqh8KU&feature=youtu.be

Chokapic
09-05-2015, 14:27
Everyone is showing settings, but the problem is not in the settings!! :)

I've tried many settings, but nothing works clearly, i have no feelings in the car on xbox one, always afraid of what's gonna happen when touching the joystick. On pc with the same controller the feeling is realy good so..
Look at this, on Xbox one, when i'm speaking of 50% of the joystick to get full steering, it's more like 30%: :confused:

Trying the same thing on pc:

macto
09-05-2015, 14:34
Yeah but here where are speaking about the Xbox One version, which have big problems comparing to the pc version!

My bad, I didn't notice that this was for Xbox One settings although I'd assumed they'd apply across all formats.

Cliffyboy1962
09-05-2015, 15:56
What confuses and saddens me most is, I race with a bunch of guys who are very experienced virtual racers and all of them seem to be pretty satisfied with the game and the xbox one controller situation and don't really believe there is an issue.

They just see it as a hard game that needs to be mastered and play flat out, with all assists off and they're having a whale of a time.

I can only assume that they have incredibly fine control skills, way in advance of mine. My experience is the same as all the posters in this thread. I want to love this game but cannot get control of the car and hence do not know what to do next.

Would really appreciate a comment from the SMS devs to confirm or deny that they believe there is an issue and whether or not it will be resolved. I want to be told there is an issue. Because if there is no problem, it simply means I am not skillful enough to play this title with a controller, and that would be sad news indeed.

Ian Bell
09-05-2015, 15:58
What confuses and saddens me most is, I race with a bunch of guys who are very experienced virtual racers and all of them seem to be pretty satisfied with the game and the xbox one controller situation and don't really believe there is an issue.

They just see it as a hard game that needs to be mastered and play flat out, with all assists off and they're having a whale of a time.

I can only assume that they have incredibly fine control skills, way in advance of mine. My experience is the same as all the posters in this thread. I want to love this game but cannot get control of the car and hence do not know what to do next.

Would really appreciate a comment from the SMS devs to confirm or deny that they believe there is an issue and whether or not it will be resolved. I want to be told there is an issue. Because if there is no problem, it simply means I am not skillful enough to play this title with a controller, and that would be sad news indeed.

Some people are experiencing a sensitivity/locking bug. We've commented on it 9 times now. It's stickied in the forum and we're on it.

MonkeyCH
09-05-2015, 15:59

I've tried many settings, but nothing works clearly, i have no feelings in the car on xbox one, always afraid of what's gonna happen when touching the joystick. On pc with the same controller the feeling is realy good so..
Look at this, on Xbox one, when i'm speaking of 50% of the joystick to get full steering, it's more like 30%: :confused:

This is axactly my point. The problem is in the much to small stick range. So if we move teh stick only a little bit, the wheels do a full turn. As you wrote, in about 30-40% of the stick move, the wheels get fully turned which will make the car instable or break them out completly. This can't be changed anywhere in the game and makes it unplayable on the ONE and no setting does solve this issue. It does runi the complet simuilation aspect, as the car behave not as in real live with that hard turns of the wheel be a fine stick move.

On the PS4 a full turn is on about 80% of the stick move. Better but still wrong. Why not only on a full range of 100%? This will make the pad steereing better for PS4 users too.

THIS MUST BE FIXED ASAP!!!!!

Cliffyboy1962
09-05-2015, 16:22
Some people are experiencing a sensitivity/locking bug. We've commented on it 9 times now. It's stickied in the forum and we're on it.

Sorry if I have failed to notice the 9 comments. You must be referring to the moderators who have commented in this thread. I wasn't sure whether the moderators were fully representing SMS as in some other game forums this isn't always the case. Thank you very much for responding, it is really appreciated. Good luck with your investigations. Nothing worse than a problem that appears to be affecting some players and not others, when you would expect everyone to be using identical hardware and software.

Ian Bell
09-05-2015, 16:22
Sorry if I have failed to notice the 9 comments. You must be referring to the moderators who have commented in this thread. I wasn't sure whether the moderators were fully representing SMS as in some other game forums this isn't always the case. Thank you very much for responding, it is really appreciated. Good luck with your investigations. Nothing worse than a problem that appears to be affecting some players and not others, when you would expect everyone to be using identical hardware and software.

Yeah, I think we need to have another look at our colour keys. Mods are a darker orange, WMD members who aren't mods are a lighter orange/gold. I can see how it can be confusing.

Vit!! Fix it.

merge111
09-05-2015, 16:32
After playing for an hour and struggling badly, I decided to get out of the car and take a look at my wheels when I moved the analogue stick. Btw my steering deadzone and sensitivity are both set to 0.

https://imgflip.com/gif/l9tuo

As you can see in the video, there is a massive deadzone on the left stick that means the steering goes to full lock at only about 40% of the sticks potential, rendering the outer 60% of the stick useless. Because of this, the tiniest of movements become big turns in game and the car feels unbelievably twitchy. Sometimes I manage to get round the track okay but setting a good lap time is impossible. Hope it gets fixed soon because right now the game is hard to enjoy.

Elmo
09-05-2015, 16:35
After playing for an hour and struggling badly, I decided to get out of the car and take a look at my wheels when I moved the analogue stick. Btw my steering deadzone and sensitivity are both set to 0.

https://imgflip.com/gif/l9tuo

As you can see in the video, there is a massive deadzone on the left stick that means the steering goes to full lock at only about 40% of the sticks potential. With even the tiniest of movements becoming big turns in game, the car is unbelievably twitchy. Sometimes I can get round the track okay but setting a good lap time is impossible. Hope it gets fixed soon because right now the game is hard to enjoy.

Merged with existing thread.

Manmadesmiith
09-05-2015, 17:54
How did you get steering dead zone to 18? it only adjusts in 5s for me. 5-10-15 etc.

Carlosoul
09-05-2015, 17:56
How did you get steering dead zone to 18? it only adjusts in 5s for me. 5-10-15 etc.

It changes it by itself after you come out of a game, put it on 20 that should do it

PowderGuy
09-05-2015, 17:56
SMS, could build up Lower Gear Throttle Filtering later patch?

I know Throttle need skill, but gamepad design is too small and worse than bike Brake lever.

(I'm Steer user, just give suggest or solution for Game pad Lords.)

Dazza1976
09-05-2015, 18:14

Trying the same thing on pc:

this is by far the most pressing issue with the xbox one version and same problem applies to the triggers but to lesser extent, I'd say the missing range on triggers is 30%

Manmadesmiith
09-05-2015, 18:14
It changes it by itself after you come out of a game, put it on 20 that should do it

Thanks!

tclancey
09-05-2015, 21:56
Yes, I've read all the threads on setting up the xbone controller and re-installing the game, but the steering is simply atrocious. Please don't post answers with ways to adjust settings to make it better, or using the d-pad, it simply isn't going to do me any good.

Yes, I can drive, OK Forza isn't a fully fledged simulator but it's pretty true when it comes to physics and I'm well into the low hundreds on all tracks in the classes I play with all the help off.

In this game it's either wandering all over the place with all the help on, or full lock steering with the help off.

This needs a fix, this desperately needs a fix, without this is simply a pup dressed up nicely. I just don't understand how anyone could have thought this was acceptable at all.

It's stupidly sad as the gaming platform has been screaming out for a general race game with weather, practice, qualifying etc. And it has Cadwell Park, AT LAST!!

Patch please, as soon as possible, or I'm going to have to fight with MS to refund my download. Desperately disappointed.

ocat1979
09-05-2015, 22:02
To replicate the issue we are seeing here:

Use an open wheel car, stop on the track and bring up the telemetry, turn the wheel slowly and watch the turning arrow in the steering telem, when the arrow reaches either end that is full lock but you'll find the stick on the game pad is barely half way through its full range, so essentially the outside half of the sticks movement is a deadzone.

Bealdor
09-05-2015, 22:06
They're on it. It's top priority for the devs to fix the xbone steering bug. No need for yet another thread IMO.

tclancey
09-05-2015, 22:10
That's great news. But I started another thread to add to the counter on this subject, rather than another unnoticed reply on an existing thread. :o)

Elmo
09-05-2015, 22:11
That's great news. But I started another thread to add to the counter on this subject, rather than another unnoticed reply on an existing thread. :o)

This is not necessary. Every feedback is read and there is a BIG YELLOW BANNER on top of the forum referring to that special issue.

Also merged with existing thread.

Ian Bell
09-05-2015, 22:32
We've reproduced and fixed the controller input issue internally. We're working on getting the patch out ASAP.

Cliffyboy1962
09-05-2015, 22:45
I am in agreement with all you have said but whilst us mere mortals are crying in our beers about how difficult the game is to control, the top Forza drivers (who have all bought Project cars) are busy making full use of the 50% of stick control that is available to them and posting awesome times on the leaderboards ! I simply cannot believe that they have all lucked out and got a perfect version of the game whilst the rest of us have this supposedly uncontrollable product.

Whilst I am sure the majority of us "normal" human beings will benefit greatly from a fix to this issue, the fast guys just don't seem to need it. I have played a lot today and am coming to the realization that with immense concentration and an almost super human effort to control the car with the tiniest of stick movement, the game as it stands, is driveable.

I think what we ordinary folk want is it to be EASILY driveable. Driving it the way it currently is, is almost literally painful (as my stiff neck from keeping totally rigid) will testify to. This is not a good thing.

Despite the problems being encountered, it is possible to glimpse the awesome beauty of the product that has been produced here and I for one can't wait to get thoroughly stuck in once control is made slightly easier. Nice work SMS, very nice work.

PumaSpec
09-05-2015, 22:56
We've reproduced and fixed the controller input issue internally. We're working on getting the patch out ASAP.

Look at that guys. I've only been on the forum around 24 hours and bang, the ball is already rolling. Thanks Ian and the team. Great job! :)

WRT IVORBIGUN
09-05-2015, 22:56
Personally I shall be very pleased when this issue is sorted. Like others I have tried many different settings but nothing works. I have managed some top 20 laptimes in the community events but this was due to dedication and an element of luck!

Chokapic
09-05-2015, 22:58

Greatest news of the day! You and your team are great!

I can't imagine how hard must be a game launch :p

XmasTeaTowel
09-05-2015, 22:59
Good temp Lock to Lock FIX, sound bug FIX
For hyper sensitive steering and lock to lock problems, just set the steering control to the dpad. It's a bit tappy but a perfect workaround until we get an input patch.

For no sound while braking with a stereo headset either connect the controller to the xbox with a USB cord
OR
turn force feedback to 0. Sound works again wireless but you will have no rumble...

ocat1979
09-05-2015, 23:00

Is that specifically the steering lock bug or the outer deadzone issue, or both? :) thanks

bubbleguuum
09-05-2015, 23:05
Does this bug also apply to the Xbox One controller connected to a PC, or is it Xbox only ?

merge111
09-05-2015, 23:38
Is that specifically the steering lock bug or the outer deadzone issue, or both? :) thanks

Would also love an answer to this

RubberDave
09-05-2015, 23:40

Amazing response time, props to you and your team!

gazmac1384
10-05-2015, 00:01
I tried reinstall but my game is only 18.1gb how can i update to 18.5

Beagle Five
10-05-2015, 00:47
After reading a bit in this thread:
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?21992-Setting-up-a-gamepad
My hopes for a great controller setup is pretty much shattered!
If snappy uncontrollable behavior, even though less after a new patch, is what I can expect, then I have already had that game for 1,5 years. Its called forza 5 and in simulations settings there is no way to catch a slide since the digital interprentation of my stick movement goes slower then I could have move the steering wheel in real life!
Its the same with a wheel in gt6, because the wheel is so hard to turn fast, the wheel I have anyway.

Well... I cant afford a wheel, so I guess I am forced to return the game to the store anyway.

There was an old playstation controller that had this issue fixed 20 years ago! Its called Neg-Con! And it was a great analog controller! You twisted it.

Umer Ahmad
10-05-2015, 00:49
I tried reinstall but my game is only 18.1gb how can i update to 18.5

Power off fully and then turn back on your xb1 console. Some people say this helps the machine recognize it needs to get the patch.

Pepsighost
10-05-2015, 01:31
It may be nothing but I just uninstalled the game again to try and help the controls issue and then re-installed but I tried it without the day one patch installed and the cars all seem to be handling far better is there something in that day one patch which is messing with the controls?

talby71
10-05-2015, 02:13
settings that well for me

Steering Deadzone 50
Steering Sensitivity 0
Throttle Deadzone 0
Throttle Sensitivity 30
Brake Deadzone 0
Brake Sensitivity 15
Clutch Deadzone 0
Clutch Sensitivity 45
Speed Sensitivity 80
Controller Filtering Sensitivity 0
Force Feedback 100

Controller Input Mode 3
Soft Steering Dampening Off
Opposite Lock Help On

BritishLions
10-05-2015, 03:31
Hey Guy's & girls, I've Played around for hours Tweaking the Xb1 Controller scheme setting and tried a few other peoples setting via You tube and found my set up to be the best. Just copy them via Controller Scheme settings via options! ENJOY!!!! I have already post in Xbox One Technical Support Forum, but I then see this thread. Doh! lol201098201099

paolocarpaediem
10-05-2015, 05:31
Buongiorno a tutti, purtroppo il mio inglese è modesto e quindi scrivo in italiano.
Ho Project Cars su console Xbox One e nonostante ripetuti tentativi, non sono riuscito a calibrare il controller (o come lo chiamate). Credo di aver tentato decine di volte senza trovare un modo soddisfacente di utilizzare auto e circuiti. A questo punto proverò a disinstallare e a reinstallare il gioco e vedrò quali benefici otterrò altrimenti aspetterò una patch oppure qualche giocatore esperto che abbia creato un modello da copiare. Resta il fatto che il gioco è appassionante e veramente ben fatto.

Olijke Poffer
10-05-2015, 06:39

That is great news Ian. Thanks .

ItchyBear
10-05-2015, 07:36

Thank you for keeping us updated Ian, and thank the guys in the studio for working hard to fix ~ there's a lot of us sincerely appreciate the effort.

Bealdor
10-05-2015, 08:40
Ian Bell for President!

Ian Bell
10-05-2015, 08:52

Both.

Gooseone
10-05-2015, 08:59
Both.

Does it also include the issue which is resolved by setting Force Feedback to 0 and will there be an equivalent patch for PC? (Only hypersensitivity not present on PC)

MasterOperator1
10-05-2015, 09:01
Hi. Does anybody use manually clutch? I know this from Forza5. Buttons there was shift up "B" and shift down "x" and clutch "X". It worked perfect if you pressed always both buttons (A+B for shifting up or A+X for shifting down) together at the same time.
But unfortunately this doesn´t work here. Can somebody confirm that? Some tips maybe?

Fuzzynuts
10-05-2015, 09:13
Hi all as I have just moved into a new build house and BT open reach have decided to take their time installing my phone lines for internet I can not get the update but after re installing the game and changing the controller settings to option 2 and steering dead zone to 0 it's transformed the handling the escort1600 I was trying to race is now more drive able without the much needed patch fix. Gotta say loving this forum loving the game and loving life right now lol. Keep up the good work guys and for all having troubles keep the faith and never give up this is one hell of a racing sim. Oh and I was using the Xbox one controller

macto
10-05-2015, 09:53
Hi. Does anybody use manually clutch? I know this from Forza5. Buttons there was shift up "B" and shift down "x" and clutch "X". It worked perfect if you pressed always both buttons (A+B for shifting up or A+X for shifting down) together at the same time.
But unfortunately this doesn´t work here. Can somebody confirm that? Some tips maybe?

Yes, I used to and used 2 buttons for shifting. I use auto clutch in Pcars as there's no performance penalty, I've just set the 'A' button to KERS.

jam1uk
10-05-2015, 09:54
Hey Guy's & girls, I've Played around for hours Tweaking the Xb1 Controller scheme setting and tried a few other peoples setting via You tube and found my set up to be the best. Just copy them via Controller Scheme settings via options! ENJOY!!!! I have already post in Xbox One Technical Support Forum, but I then see this thread. Doh! lol201098201099

The steering still locks on hard lock with these settings, thanks

merge111
10-05-2015, 09:59
Both.

PRAISE JESUS.

So long as it actually works that is...

Ian Bell
10-05-2015, 10:10
PRAISE JESUS.

So long as it actually works that is...

Yes that is an important point. We have to balance getting it out ASAP with ensuring it's solid.

Carlosoul
10-05-2015, 10:42

I tried this set up and it worked the best from any posted on here so far and any I tried, it will keep me going until Ian and his team have the patch ready for release, thanks!

TRG INSANE
10-05-2015, 11:08
Both.

That is excellent news. How long until the update is released?

Cliffyboy1962
10-05-2015, 11:23

This was the first thing I tried to setup when the game downloaded. Soon realised this was not gonna be like Forza and so settled for automatic clutch and left the A button as clutch so I could shift in exactly the same way as forza but with the A button essentially doing nothing. Unfortunately, even with Automatic clutch, the A button continued to operate as a pseudo clutch and effectively slowed up each gear change. Have now re-trained myself to only hit the B and X buttons for gear changes and this seems to work perfectly.

The only reason we trained ourselves to hit B-A, X-A in forza because it gave us quicker gear changes and was essential to be competitive. Don't think this is the case in Project cars.

Beagle Five
10-05-2015, 11:32
Posting this here to:

Ok, I just reset my controller settings and got back to defailt and choose mode 3 and basically the car feels like driving with the d-pad, well it feels calmer and the dreaded tankslappers are much less probe to happen on warm tires, at least as long as you are not upsetting it.
So I had to try mode 1 and 2, and both are much more nervous and hard to drive on cold tires, but still not good on warm.
So this difference between driving modes explains a lot of the different opinions around here!
There is no difference on analouge stick travel though.

I tride all of this on oulton park international with the cosworth GR.A

Cipprio
10-05-2015, 12:10
I'm sure and have great confidence in the team rectifying the steering problem with the xbox one controller. Ive managed to race successfully with the settings that have been posted but it just doesn't have the finesses that it should have.
Firing up the pc version with the xb1 controller it was spot on from the off, have had some great races and this is what makes me sure the xb1 steering will be sorted out..
Loving the game and definitely not giving up yet. Will wait patiently for a patch

Psychomatrix
10-05-2015, 12:48
I have installed 5 times 3 times from disk and two times from xbox store. Steering and sound bug stay the same. I have actual firmware for the controller since it was online a few months ago. Only a patch can fix this and no temp solution that makes handling of the cars slow. Headlines with fixed problem gives people hope for no reason and a lot of wasted times. Game needs to be patched on a lot of places. But contoller issue is Nr.1. Sadly it seems that x1 version is full of bugs.

Rob Prange
10-05-2015, 12:49
In-depth Xbox One Controller Configuration Guide:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?23153-Xbox-One-Controller-Configuration-Guide

gds1972
10-05-2015, 13:07
Yes that is an important point. We have to balance getting it out ASAP with ensuring it's solid.

Hopefully when you apply the patch you can also add the ability to reset the controller configuration without also resetting how you have the buttons mapped.

chillgreg
10-05-2015, 13:12
In-depth Xbox One Controller Configuration Guide:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?23153-Xbox-One-Controller-Configuration-Guide

Suggest making that a Sticky for the moment Rob.

Dazza1976
10-05-2015, 13:15

Thats great news Ian, can I ask whether this includes fixing the same issue for the triggers? It's not as bad but still missing the last 30% trigger input registering in the game.

The other bugs I can live with for now until they are patched later (if possible). May I ask what caused the issue? Was it just an oversight on settings in the code? How was it missed in testing, perhaps the testers kept the stability, ABS, traction aids switched on because I can see that in that case the problems may have been overlooked (I'm being generous to the testing programme here!)

PTG Murderous
10-05-2015, 17:32
Any chance the patch will be out before release on the 12th?

pjmodified
10-05-2015, 17:56
I found switching to d-pad for steering on xbox one solved my handling problems.analogue stick seems to be main problem.

DeviR11
10-05-2015, 18:28
I found switching to d-pad for steering on xbox one solved my handling problems.analogue stick seems to be main problem.
Driving with d-pad is not solution, actually it is like playing racing game on keyboard, and that is the worse way to play racing game. Until this problem with supersensitive analogue stick will be solved, this game is dead to me.

Crazy Dave 87
10-05-2015, 19:33
Hello thanks for the steering tip same problem on xone.
anyone else have the problem that with a headset on via the controller when you brake with left trigger the sounds cut out ?

Greetigs from holland

Icaru5
10-05-2015, 19:48
Guys, please, with the utmost respect ...

I really can't believe how much work has gone into this masterpiece of a simulation, and now the forums are saturated with complaints about using a controller.

You've waited so long for this game, which has, from the very beginning been described as a simulation, and you're upset that you can't play it with a controller.

Ever tried playing a competitive game of tennis using a golf club, or a game of snooker using a tennis racket ?

Didn't think so. Get a wheel and get over it. It's the only way - You'll never look back.

tehlukey
10-05-2015, 20:13
Anybody else having this problem?

Every so often when on full lock the steering sticks sending me round in a circle, first happened on the first race you do in the lmp1 car now I'm onto carts and still doing the same. It's incredibly frustrating as I've got to restart each race at least 5 times

gds1972
10-05-2015, 20:14

I really can't believe how much work has gone into this masterpiece of a simulation, and now the forums are saturated with complaints about using a controller.

You've waited so long for this game, which has, from the very beginning been described as a simulation, and you're upset that you can't play it with a controller.

Ever tried playing a competitive game of tennis using a golf club, or a game of snooker using a tennis racket ?

Didn't think so. Get a wheel and get over it. It's the only way - You'll never look back.

While I understand using a steering wheel to control the game is ideal, however all of the complains about using the controller are valid as this is the primary method of controlling the game for most people.

Elmo
10-05-2015, 20:15
See this thread for information.

Merged XB1 Controller thread.

DeviR11
10-05-2015, 20:16

Main thing isn't, that Iam upset that I can't play it with controller because of the game is simulation. Think is, that controller with this game doesn't work properly and it needs update. Yes, about racing wheel you're right, it is definitely better with it, and Iam looking forward to getting one in few weeks. But many players will play this game only with controller for whatever reason (one of them is that good racing wheel cost over 250 euros), and it is important to make it work properly. Not easier, just properly.

Icaru5
10-05-2015, 20:18
While I understand using a steering wheel to control the game is ideal, however all of the complains about using the controller are valid as this is the primary method of controlling the game for most people.

Then most people bought the wrong game.

Beagle Five
10-05-2015, 20:49
Then most people bought the wrong game.

Nice!
Then the game should have been sold in a bundle with a wheel!

But seriously, the game is broken! Having a conversation about wheels is nice but have nothing to do with this issue.

Soulcase
10-05-2015, 21:24
More or less useable....

Is that the sum of this game then, seems ridiculous, there's a big ass empty box on the right in that confit menu, that could be filled with text explaining what the fuck each slider does in relation to what n who, speed sensitivity, what the fuck does that mean, speed I'm driving speed im squeezing triggers moving sticks, what, help, please.

Soulcase
10-05-2015, 21:26
Yes I have this and multiple issues, first game I've ever bought n wanted a refund for!

DeviR11
10-05-2015, 21:30
More or less useable....

Is that the sum of this game then, seems ridiculous, there's a big ass empty box on the right in that confit menu, that could be filled with text explaining what the fuck each slider does in relation to what n who, speed sensitivity, what the fuck does that mean, speed I'm driving speed im squeezing triggers moving sticks, what, help, please.
Here you can find everything about it: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?23153-Xbox-One-Controller-Configuration-Guide

L4velle
10-05-2015, 23:08
I would love full race setup with wheel and pedals but unfortunately do not have the space currently. Have faith guys it will work in the coming weeks once the kinks have been ironed out with a couple of patches. I'm disappointed after a couple of delays we still have these glitches that should have been picked up by qc at testing. We do however have a great game once this has all been sorted. I didn't have Forza 5 at release but no doubt this had issues. I have faith SMS will sort these probs out. I've still managed to get enjoyment out of the game on the recommended settings on this forum and have already clocked up 17 hours.

Cliffyboy1962
10-05-2015, 23:43

Absolute nonsense.

Most of the best sim drivers posting the fastest times on the leaderboards are using controllers. They are skillful enough to replicate all the sensitivity of a wheel with their left thumbs.

Wheels n pedals are nice, but far from necessary to fully enjoy a racing sim such as this.

ganybo
10-05-2015, 23:47
Anybody else having this problem?

Every so often when on full lock the steering sticks sending me round in a circle, first happened on the first race you do in the lmp1 car now I'm onto carts and still doing the same. It's incredibly frustrating as I've got to restart each race at least 5 times

Hi, try this... re-install the game and not apply the patch... I use the default pad configuration to "3" and is much more stable, i hope this help you
sorry for my bad english

chillgreg
10-05-2015, 23:50

You start with "the utmost respect", then tell people to "get over it"? Then in your next comment you say "well they bought the wrong game then". And in another thread: "May I suggest that if thumb sticks and triggers really are your thing, then you stay away from driving simulations and stick to the arcade games." Are you 12? Do you WANT to be labelled a troll here?

Seriously mate you just kicked sand in the face of every working person who has kids and can't afford a steering wheel. Or the space. Or they just don't want one. Also the paltry range of wheels for the Xbox One means a spend of $700+ for anything decent that has force feedback. Do you really believe everyone MUST pay that on top of $500 for the Xbox and $100 for the game and $80 for Xbox Live and $50+ for their internet just so they can play a racing game? Why should they be able to enjoy this unique and amazing game instead of paying for doctors and medicine or putting their kids in a good school?

What sort of person are you to be so downright condescending and arrogant? What makes you so high and mighty just because you have the $ to be able to afford a luxury accessory? Does that make you a better human being?

If you thought before you spoke you'd also realise that if SMS/WMD wanted a PC only hardcore SIM and ignored the console user base they wouldn't have reached anywhere near enough to fund the game in the first place. Let alone PCars2!!!

I'd bet 80% of total sales are to people on console with controllers (anyone from SMS/WMD care to chime in with actual figures?). So you just told the majority of gamers to get lost and return their game. Which would flood the market with second hand copies. SMS/WMD sales would fall through the floor, they'd have to lay off staff. Putting people out of work. PCars2 would be cancelled, and the grand experiment of creating the racing game that we have all dreamed of is destroyed. Now we all go back to putting more money in the pockets of the already rich multinationals to make more Forza's etc with no weather, no pitstops, ripoff DLC and microtransactions. They make games for profit, NOT to service a community of racing fans.

Your nasty attitude is beyond belief. I highly doubt you've got the internal fortitude or gumption to offer the community a humble and sincere apology.

There's a lot more I want to say but I don't want to get banned for telling you what I really think about you and your sort.

Albezar
11-05-2015, 06:48
The best sim drivers are driving with a controller. I don't really concider that driving. :D

K3NCars
11-05-2015, 07:12
Hi all,
these are my controller settings:

Steering Deadzone 15
Steering Sensitivity 0
Throttle Deadzone 0
Throttle Sensitivity 20
Brake Deadzone 0
Brake Sensitivity 20
Clutch Deadzone 15
Clutch Sensitivity 45
Speed Sensitivity 75
Controller Filtering Sensitivity 65

Controller Input Mode 3

Soft Steering Dampening On
Opposite Lock Help Off

Additionally to these settings I've put a 0.5-1mm rubber band round the left stick to avoid the max. steering angle. This works very well in the Clio Cup.

Hope it helps, nice racing erveryone.

RubberDave
11-05-2015, 07:31
Some people need to drop the elitism. Forgetting about the game for one minute, there's a lot of attitudes on this board that make me question if I want to be part of this community.

To those experiencing problems, please be constructive when posting them here. We all know how frustrating it can be when a product doesn't meet your expectations, but if you look back through this thread you can see the development team are working to fix the bugs.

To those not experiencing problems, please don't assume they don't exist because *you* haven't experienced them. Comments such as 'you just need to practice more' are insulting as well as unhelpful when it has been acknowledged by the devs there Is a problem.

To wheel users, you are privileged enough to have the money and space to enjoy the game in a way most of us would like to. Please continue to enjoy this and any other racing game, but please don't insult those who may not have the opportunity to do so.

I know there are already many people practicing these points and I salute those of you who are, but it's getting hard to ignore the negativity.

Budski
11-05-2015, 07:55

What I (and I'm sure many others) would like is a statement showing that you understand the issue fully and an explanation of what is being fixed, if you haven't addressed ALL of the input issues (there's more than one) then we're just going to get more frustrated when the supposed fix is only for half the problems.

You appear to have made the best racing game on xbox, now be the best communicators on xbox.

Budski
11-05-2015, 08:01
You start with "the utmost respect", then tell people to "get over it"? Then in your next comment you say "well they bought the wrong game then". And in another thread: "May I suggest that if thumb sticks and triggers really are your thing, then you stay away from driving simulations and stick to the arcade games." Are you 12? Do you WANT to be labelled a troll here?

Seriously mate you just kicked sand in the face of every working person who has kids and can't afford a steering wheel. Or the space. Or they just don't want one. Also the paltry range of wheels for the Xbox One means a spend of $700+ for anything decent that has force feedback. Do you really believe everyone MUST pay that on top of $500 for the Xbox and $100 for the game and $80 for Xbox Live and $50+ for their internet just so they can play a racing game? Why should they be able to enjoy this unique and amazing game instead of paying for doctors and medicine or putting their kids in a good school?

What sort of person are you to be so downright condescending and arrogant? What makes you so high and mighty just because you have the $ to be able to afford a luxury accessory? Does that make you a better human being?

If you thought before you spoke you'd also realise that if SMS/WMD wanted a PC only hardcore SIM and ignored the console user base they wouldn't have reached anywhere near enough to fund the game in the first place. Let alone PCars2!!!

I'd bet 80% of total sales are to people on console with controllers (anyone from SMS/WMD care to chime in with actual figures?). So you just told the majority of gamers to get lost and return their game. Which would flood the market with second hand copies. SMS/WMD sales would fall through the floor, they'd have to lay off staff. Putting people out of work. PCars2 would be cancelled, and the grand experiment of creating the racing game that we have all dreamed of is destroyed. Now we all go back to putting more money in the pockets of the already rich multinationals to make more Forza's etc with no weather, no pitstops, ripoff DLC and microtransactions. They make games for profit, NOT to service a community of racing fans.

Your nasty attitude is beyond belief. I highly doubt you've got the internal fortitude or gumption to offer the community a humble and sincere apology.

There's a lot more I want to say but I don't want to get banned for telling you what I really think about you and your sort.

Well said fella

Budski
11-05-2015, 08:55

That doesn't solve the problem, at best it reduces the amount of times it happens, the game is bugged and they're fixing it.

Chris Wollaston-Savage
11-05-2015, 09:11
What I (and I'm sure many others) would like is a statement showing that you understand the issue fully and an explanation of what is being fixed, if you haven't addressed ALL of the input issues (there's more than one) then we're just going to get more frustrated when the supposed fix is only for half the problems.

You appear to have made the best racing game on xbox, now be the best communicators on xbox.

They already are the best communicators on the XBone. The devs, Andy and Ian in particular, have a massive load of work to do, so would you prefer they take time out from fixing the problem to talk to you about the problem, or let you know what has been fixed after it has been fixed? I know the controls are a little difficult, but there are workarounds, plenty of settings have been posted to make the game work well, but please give it time. The building blocks are there to make it the best racing game on the console for a long while.

el Periko de Vk
11-05-2015, 09:29

Come on !!! That is good news
The game looks great ...