PDA

View Full Version : Graphical problems - Xbox Ome

KnifePartyLFC
07-05-2015, 20:56
Hey guys, this is my first post here, unfortunately its a slightly negative one. Ill start by saying this is possibly the best racing game i have ever played. The realism, the car handelling, the detail, the amount of tracks, literally everything from a gameplay point of view is INCREDIBLE.

However...

Graphically this game suffers. The first career race i had was a kart race on Glencairn. The framerate was so bad i almost put the controller down and stopped playing. Whenever there are multiple cars on screen the game drops FPS. Did anyone else on XB1 experience this? Most of the small tracks run like crap, but on the larger tracks where cars are more spread out the game runs OKAY for the most part...

This game needed more polish. There are a number of graphical niggles which dampen the overall experience, which i hope can be ironed out through patching, though i doubt they will iron out FPS problems... I expected this game to release bug free taking into consideration how many times it was delayed.

Playing on Xbox 1 with the game downloaded to HDD, no disk.

Sankyo
07-05-2015, 21:12
What kind of display do you have your XB1 connected to?

KnifePartyLFC
07-05-2015, 21:21
I have a 42" Sharp HDTV, set to 1080p...
I doubt its my TV as Forza 4 and Forza Horizon both play silky smooth...

The jackel
07-05-2015, 21:22
The game lags sometimes/had a lot of framedrops at Some moments and the audio is stuttering on that moment. When you drive at the le mans 24h circuit with 37 cars it happende at the straight to Indianapolis it also happends.

Spandecks
08-05-2015, 02:20
Same here, the frame rate/lag makes the game unplayable for me...which is a huge shame because I've been waiting months for this game and now I have to wait for a fix!

The wheels have been locking up at random for me, taking control away from me and the handling just gets thrown out of the window because of this. Please sort soon !

Rockefelluh
08-05-2015, 02:32
I have heard the karting section is particularly bad. I hope this is the only area significantly effected. Can't imagine how bad it was a couple months ago. I believe there will be good patch support for this game. We will see.

SnoopZaka
08-05-2015, 02:56
http://xboxclips.com/SnoopZaka/7a0f7583-a97d-4585-896a-5daac74a1f97

thats a brief clip of the problems i was having on the karts section on wednesday, not sure how well the video will portray it, mind. it was almost unplayable and made me wonder how the hell the game ever passed testing, though when i played it earlier today and tried a few kart tracks on quick race it seemed to play a lot better. california stage 1 had really bad stuttering too

also if it makes any difference i turned off the heat effects, rain drops on screen and dirt on screen aswell as the next corner notification thing

Solly
08-05-2015, 03:02
Unfortunately the clip does not really make it easy to see..
I heard the audio stuttering.
I hope that this will soon get patched. The wait has been way too long for this to occur already.

Lee van Davo
08-05-2015, 05:33
I do hope so! Mine was undrivable often it would turn hard left or hard right on its own! And the frame rate was so jerky it was very hard to keep on the track. Ive reinstaled the game and it seems better now.

ozdogg
08-05-2015, 05:50
I have the disc version, running on a 42" LG HDTV and I am also experiencing some frame rate lag on occasion.
Cant say I've noticed any audio issues as yet, or the wheel locking that's mentioned above.
Does turning on/off any graphics options make any difference to the X-Box? (I would think not, but up until recently I've been a PC gamer, had the Console for just 3 months)

Bryer
08-05-2015, 09:34
I've moved the game to my USB 3.0 hard disk which removes SOME of the stutter and slow down, however it's still there. Not as often with the external drive. I've recently moved my USB hdd from being connected through a hub to directly to the Xbox One. Haven't run the game to see any changes.

henkymetcola
08-05-2015, 09:43
The HDD on the Xbone is just as normal on your computer... mostly, If you have an 2TB External one for your xbox with a higher RPM of 7400 the game will load much faster then your normal HDD on the xbox. Also with USB 3.0 this will help better what is standard on most External HDD's lol

_mrP_
08-05-2015, 09:56
What kind of display do you have your XB1 connected to?

its NOT a display device problem. its the game

keponteam
08-05-2015, 11:14
Hi all,

i have the same problem on my xbox one.
My xbox is up to date and the game too.

My game freeze and have a lot of framerate/lag bug.

the chillmaxx
08-05-2015, 11:44
i havnt been getting much lagg though when wearing my razer kargas every time i brake i loose sound in my headset
great game other wise

Bambus
08-05-2015, 13:36
I have lag this issue too, the game stutters along with the audio. Also have off putting fps drop which can put you off your line when racing. Still playing and dealing with it. Hope dev can fix it. Great game

Bryer
08-05-2015, 13:56
The HDD on the Xbone is just as normal on your computer... mostly, If you have an 2TB External one for your xbox with a higher RPM of 7400 the game will load much faster then your normal HDD on the xbox. Also with USB 3.0 this will help better what is standard on most External HDD's lol

You are aware that the throughput speeds of USB3.0 are far greater than the IDE bus that MS put in the Xbox One? This makes having games installed to your external hdd load faster than they would when installed on the internal drive. Not sure why they scrimped on the internal hard disk controller, but they have said to reduce loading times, install games on an external hard disk.

These links explains it better.
http://gearnuke.com/xbox-one-external-hdd-load-times-comparison-show-close-50-improvement/
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-xbox-one-external-hard-drive-upgrade-guide

KnifePartyLFC
08-05-2015, 15:27
So from what i can gather its mainly the karting races which suffer the worst. Doing a single time attack lap with no other cars on the track sees the game running perfect pretty much. Thankfully for me time attack is what i intend to do most, but regardless the framerate shouldnt drop so low with other cars on the track. Digital Foundry also proved turning off all the graphical settings sees a 2FPS improvement which is nothing... and i doubt SMS can patch a framerate.

Bryer
08-05-2015, 15:33
So from what i can gather its mainly the karting races which suffer the worst. Doing a single time attack lap with no other cars on the track sees the game running perfect pretty much. Thankfully for me time attack is what i intend to do most, but regardless the framerate shouldnt drop so low with other cars on the track. Digital Foundry also proved turning off all the graphical settings sees a 2FPS improvement which is nothing... and i doubt SMS can patch a framerate.

The issue is probably caused by a issue with a piece of the scenery not being optimised properly. Very simple fix in a patch. Would be worth seeing if the gfx slow down occurs with any other cars at the karting circuits.

KnifePartyLFC
08-05-2015, 16:36
The issue is probably caused by a issue with a piece of the scenery not being optimised properly. Very simple fix in a patch. Would be worth seeing if the gfx slow down occurs with any other cars at the karting circuits.

Really? That simple? Can you name any other games which have had their framerates patched? Ive never known a game with a crap framerate get patched to fix the problem...

Bryer
08-05-2015, 16:39
Really? That simple? Can you name any other games which have had their framerates patched? Ive never known a game with a crap framerate get patched to fix the problem...

Battlefield 4, FIFA 14, Dying Light. There are quite a lot. It's all about optimisation of the code.

KnifePartyLFC
08-05-2015, 16:44
Battlefield 4, FIFA 14, Dying Light. There are quite a lot. It's all about optimisation of the code.

I disagree with BF4, BF4 has been a complete mess since launch and its not much better now, also BF4 had problems with rubber banding not FPS. The game ran smooth as butter in single player campaign compared to online which was a mess due to connection lag, not FPS. As for FIFA again offline the game runs fine, online however does get laggy, again due to connections... as for Dying Light i have no idea about.

durdre
09-05-2015, 02:57
Has anyone else having frame rate issues turned off the power to their xbox one and loaded up Project Cars and seen an improvement with their FPS? I just want to confirm that I am not going crazy :distracted:

Yobbo NZ
09-05-2015, 03:24
Just had mine lock up,could still hear the car moving,but the screen was frozen.
The game crashed and the console restarted by itself.

stormycanz
09-05-2015, 04:23
no lock ups for me but have had frame rate problems with sound glitching at some time. the tunnel at the track formally known as monaco has major issues for me

Spandecks
09-05-2015, 07:21
I have lag this issue too, the game stutters along with the audio. Also have off putting fps drop which can put you off your line when racing. Still playing and dealing with it. Hope dev can fix it. Great game

If you turn off the force feedback settings within game, the audio issues disappears for me. Making it run a little bit smoother but far from perfect.

TwoClick
09-05-2015, 17:48
Has anyone else having frame rate issues turned off the power to their xbox one and loaded up Project Cars and seen an improvement with their FPS? I just want to confirm that I am not going crazy :distracted:

Yes, twice this worked for me, but maybe we're both crazy :distracted:

sammyv6s
09-05-2015, 18:23
I just found this thread after posting this one before: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22722-Almost-unplayable-on-xbox-one&p=889606#post889606

I must say, I too suffer from terrible frame rate issues. Its making the game almost unplayable for me. Glad to see im not the only one.

I have also seen a temporary improvement after power down / power up of the X1 console.

I'm having a hard time figuring how why/how this passed QA on Xbox :(

Stuartk80
09-05-2015, 21:40
I have been experiencing the frame rate drops/speeding up etc (disc version) so have moved the install of the game to an external HDD.
Whilst I'm still in the process of testing various race/weather scenarios it does seem to have improved the situation at the moment, just ran a quick race @Brands hatch in the rain (this circuit was previously suffering) and all seemed to go well..apart from me being last but I guess that was a good test.
It may be worth giving it a go if you have the option of an external drive.

StuWard75
09-05-2015, 22:40
Set all the camera views out to MAX. The frame gets a LOT better once you have done this

EMW Reaper
10-05-2015, 03:12

Same problem for me. I dont only get it in race but when i hot lap with only my car on track as well. Also the ghosts lag.
Please fix this guys because its preventing this from being an awesome game.
ps. Have also seen some improvment after reboot but it returns after a short time.

PPow
10-05-2015, 05:42
Thanks for it. I tried it and works! :)

It does not make sence how this can fix the frame drop.
Anyway its work for me , only problem now because the fov max to 120 it looks a bit funny.
I hope the DEVs can fix this error soon!!

LextersQuest
10-05-2015, 07:10
I have had one problem: in kartracing at a certain point my screen freeze up ( see my cart frozen but still hear the sound of other karts going past me) and after few seconds i get back control but then the kart has ended up in wall or oftrack. So while it frozen the kart kept on going as if i was still controling it. It happend to me in lap 14 of 15 so that was bad timing.

sammyv6s
10-05-2015, 09:46
Maxing out the camera views made no difference for me :(

Man
I wish I could Play this game without issues.

I may have missed it but I haven't seen an official acknowledgment of the issue from any devs yet either which is slightly frustrating

Randall Kipker
10-05-2015, 18:47
Agree very disappointing... as a WMD member from day one I wanted to be involved with testing the game on the Xbox One. Unfortunately only a few selected folks were allowed... at least I guess some were allowed, as I was denied XBone testing. Anyway, I know Sharp is one of the best TV's for the XBone (which I have as well) these have the least problems with LAG! So I'm confident it's not the TV.

Hope SMS gets an XBone patch up soon. IO know MS put patches through testing, though based on patch history on the xbox in general I find it hard to believe any one test patches.

Hey guys, this is my first post here, unfortunately its a slightly negative one. Ill start by saying this is possibly the best racing game i have ever played. The realism, the car handelling, the detail, the amount of tracks, literally everything from a gameplay point of view is INCREDIBLE.

However...

Graphically this game suffers. The first career race i had was a kart race on Glencairn. The framerate was so bad i almost put the controller down and stopped playing. Whenever there are multiple cars on screen the game drops FPS. Did anyone else on XB1 experience this? Most of the small tracks run like crap, but on the larger tracks where cars are more spread out the game runs OKAY for the most part...

This game needed more polish. There are a number of graphical niggles which dampen the overall experience, which i hope can be ironed out through patching, though i doubt they will iron out FPS problems... I expected this game to release bug free taking into consideration how many times it was delayed.

Playing on Xbox 1 with the game downloaded to HDD, no disk.

Although I completely disagree with your Delay Comment. The game was only delayed a few months really! Also, it was worth the wait IMHO> I'm on PC version only for now.

Pramsden
10-05-2015, 21:17
I'm experiencing a few of these issues on XBone.

-laggy sound at times (sound like its kind of stuttering or echoing).
-frame rate drops. (seems like anything. Weather/ lots of cars, detailed tracks are causing this. noticing it at the start of races before the race spreads out quite alot).
and the Forced feedback on the thrustmaster tx leaves a bit to be desired, However i'm sure i just dont understand the settings. if anyone has figured some good settings, let me know please. Forza 5 has amazing feedback on this wheel.

Cheers

Beckford
11-05-2015, 06:39
Same issues for me. My tv is a samsung UE55F8000. Never had problems with previous xbox one titles. If I'm driving on my own, framrate is fine, its when other cars are on the grid.

Uninstalled and reinstalled, still the same. I have the disk version.

DisneyGeek626
11-05-2015, 10:12
Same problem here with XB1, playing the cart section is almost impossible. Image freezes but the cart goes on, so when the image unfreezes I am somewhere I don't want to be. Like in the tires or in an accident. Yesterday I had to put my controller away because I was too dissapointed. First part of the game and it's unplayable.

Yes, everything looks very nice and real but what is the fun if you can't play a simple cart circuit.

Hope they fix this quickly or give some extra info to make changes in the settings.

Daurel
11-05-2015, 12:25
With regards to the framerate issue, here is a couple of things you can try as a short term fix:

1. Set your XBox One native resolution down from 1080p to 720p. This seems to have resolved the frame rate drop by about 70% on my display (46" Samsung Series 7 UAX467500R)
2. Close any open background apps (Netflix, Skype and even Settings app), by highlighting the app and pressing menu (start) and selecting quit, or
2a. Restart your xbox one by going to settings -> Power Options -> Restart xbox. Alternatively you can hard reset by holding power button for more than 5 secs to turn it off and then power it back on (this is not advised as you can corrupt data) This will reboot your console with no background apps running.

Just a couple of observations I have had to help WMD to track and nail the issue on their end:

1. Framerate drops can be replicated by fast switching between the game and another app (Framedrops exist for roughly 3 - 5 minutes).
2. High car count grids on small tracks (explains the kart issue). The above workarounds have worked for me and I now have minimal lag. However it is still present.
3. Multiplayer suffers from framerate drops when filling the balance of lobby with AI opponents seems to be linked to AI level above 70%. This is however at the start of the race for 20sec or so and seems to dissipate when the grid opens up on the track.
4. When players join the party and leave, notification pops up it does appears to result in intermittent framerate drops after the notification has expired (This is minor though and could just be processor load)

My console is running latest preview dashboard build connected to my TV into HDM1 (DVI)
My TV has game mode enabled (Motion Engine disabled)

Wired ethernet to Belkin N600 Play (xbox one IP Address is placed behind DMZ)

Lastly a big thank you to the Devs and Community for releasing by far one of the best, if not the best, racing game for racing/ car fanatics. You have really made a great game despite the minor bugs.
Kudos for painful attention to detail, and customization that matters, that has been missing from racing games of late. I cant wait to see whats planned to be added in the weeks and months to come.

irishj
11-05-2015, 21:09
Same issue here, happens during any practice, quali or race. Get a 'stuttering' sound, drop in frame rates, then it improves again. Slightly better on external 7200rpm 5TB HDD. Needs to be fixed pronto.

turbohondaej1
12-05-2015, 17:14
I haven't had to many issues yet only an hour in the Xbox version. But I have been using the karts and haven't seen to much wrong. I get lag when I hit rumble strip in the karts but very brief it's almost like getting a mushroom in Mario kart. I'm running 720p my current tv only runs this where xbox is located. I'm on 50 in samsung plasma. I just disabled post processing effects and will continue testing my kart settings for tx are tire force 165 for all cars. Karts master spindle 36 (default is 26).

Lukeymonster
12-05-2015, 19:35
I wanted to report this here as well in hopes that the developers have a better chance of seeing it.

I have the digital version of Pcars installed on an external usb3 drive. I installed 100% and then applied the patch when the game unlocked.

My first race after tinkering for awhile was the Clio Clup career race at Donnington with a full field and all sessions. The game ran great. Felt like a solid 60fps. A lot of people have been reporting success with external drives, including me after that race series.

Then on to Snetterton. Same scenario, full field, all sessions. This time there was a mix of light cloud and rain in all sessions. The game ran terrible. It was unplayable because the frame rate was incredibly low on slow and demanding corners and only a little better everywhere else. I decided to turn off the xbox and unplug the console for awhile. When I turned it back on I ran the same career race again to see if it was any better. The series ran with the same weather scenario. This time it ran beautifully all the way through. A few very minor dips in frame rate but barely noticeable.

So a hard reset of the console turned a horrible race into an great experience. After seeing these results I have to believe that project cars can run great on the xbox one even under demanding graphical circumstances. For some reason it just decided to tank out on me that first time I ran Snetterton. Are the any devs that could venture a guess as to why that might be, if there is some sort of backend issue that is "leaking" performance over time? (sorry I know nothing about game development so that may sound stupid or not even be a thing)

Any way I will continue to play and see if it happens again and report back.

And thanks for this killer game!!!!

mkstatto
12-05-2015, 19:45
I have the disc version and noticed in my second Formula B race at Dubai that it speeds up and slows down very jumpingly, I presume a frame-rate issue.

Lukeymonster
12-05-2015, 19:50
I have the disc version and noticed in my second Formula B race at Dubai that it speeds up and slows down very jumpingly, I presume a frame-rate issue.

On an old PC build I had I ran into the same problem when I used the Xbox one controller. The solution was to disable force feedback, which disabled rumble, but fixed that issue. It might not help at all but I just wanted to throw that out there.

bobblebob
12-05-2015, 21:46
Posted this in a seperate thread then saw this. Anyway:

Noticed last 2 nights ive played late on after the console has been on awhile i get bad stuttering and frame rate on tracks. I rebooted my console and this went away. Both times it happened i had the console on for 4-5 hours before it started to happen

I have energy saving mode on so fully power down each night, but this stuttering only occurs after a longish play session without a full reboot. Not sure if thats of any use to the devs

Anyone with issues try rebooting the console

Wingles
13-05-2015, 18:39
I didn't think about the known memory dump issues on XB1 last night when I ran into stuttering and FPS drops while racing Project CARS. I've seen it in other games before so I guess I'll give the known and standard cache clearing procedure a try. Hopefully that will help.

rrusso
15-05-2015, 10:57
Some tracks On MP drop frames a lot specially when cars are close

PEGASUS ONE
16-05-2015, 09:29
i havnt been getting much lagg though when wearing my razer kargas every time i brake i loose sound in my headset
great game other wise

Plug your charging cable in as a temporary workaround, it should not loose audio if you do this....

mkstatto
16-05-2015, 12:27
Monaco is basically undrivable for me in Formula B, with the graphics and bad AI combined I'm thinking about skipping the event in career all together.

Freischutz
17-05-2015, 02:42
I have the same issue, it was Monaco for me, even with no other cars on track, the frame rate is probably below 20fps. The image is so lagged i literally have to skip that race...

Freischutz
17-05-2015, 02:45
Monaco is basically undrivable for me in Formula B, with the graphics and bad AI combined I'm thinking about skipping the event in career all together.

lol, I just skipped Monaco, in Formula B.... Even during practice session, I was the only car on track, the frame rate is so low that by the time I realize I need to turn in for the corner, I was already on the wall..... Seems like I'll have to skip the race in Formula A as well once I get there....

KkDrummer
18-05-2015, 08:06
I haven't raced in Monaco yet, but my first really poor graphical experience happened yesterday at Sakitto. Practice on clear weather was fine. I was using the Lotus 86 with 20 AI (Career). Qualify went fine as well, same weather conditions. Then the race comes, oh boy that was poor and I don't wanna get close that track again until the game is patched. Weather was foggy with the lights around the track on and a bit of sun cutting through the fog, slow down was pretty bad all over the track, specially around the last very fast corner going into the main straight, I'd say at that point I found the game unplayable! Digital version, file size 18.5 and console was hardware reset just before this race at Sakitto.

andybell
18-05-2015, 11:20
I got the game (disc copy) on Saturday, installed on external hard and have had the issues from the get go. Tried starting career mode with the karts, it was unplayable, gave it up as a bad job and started on the Clio Cup series. This was a little better but still suffered from really bad frame rate and audio stutter. Made it feel as though you had slowed enough for a corner but next thing you know you're on the grass or in a wall. I also had the steering lock issue.

I love racing games and was really looking forward to this only to be let down massively, I'm not sure if the store would give refunds for a 'broken' game?

Oh well, back to FH2 for the time being and await the arrival of Forza 6.

Bobbydakid
18-05-2015, 15:22
I haven't raced in Monaco yet, but my first really poor graphical experience happened yesterday at Sakitto. Practice on clear weather was fine. I was using the Lotus 86 with 20 AI (Career). Qualify went fine as well, same weather conditions. Then the race comes, oh boy that was poor and I don't wanna get close that track again until the game is patched. Weather was foggy with the lights around the track on and a bit of sun cutting through the fog, slow down was pretty bad all over the track, specially around the last very fast corner going into the main straight, I'd say at that point I found the game unplayable! Digital version, file size 18.5 and console was hardware reset just before this race at Sakitto.

Same here..unfortunately Sakitto is pretty much unplayable in a race due to the framerate. Hopefully gets patched as it is a fun track.

Adam.Freeman
19-05-2015, 15:38
Formula C the 2nd race out Oulton Park in career. The 2nd sector is just laggy and almost impossible to do anything consistant there. Its barely playable and a very poor experience.