PDA

View Full Version : [POSSIBLE SOLUTIONS INSIDE] Everything locked???

Simon55
07-05-2015, 21:05
Hello,

I just bought the game this morning and was eager to try it out after work

To my surprise, i could only do 1 race (LMP1 on Dubai Autodrome)

Everything else except settings is locked

Anybody else experiencing this???

Thanks,

Simon

Bealdor
07-05-2015, 21:08
Are you sure that your installation is 100% finished?

This sounds like the "play-before-installation-is-finished" feature.

Siberian Tiger
07-05-2015, 21:09
This can happen if the Game isn't fully downloaded or the Day 1 Patch is missing/ not downloaded fully.

Firefox02
07-05-2015, 21:10
For me everything is locked in the "practice" Section ?

Sgt Zook
07-05-2015, 21:47
I am having the same issue.
I have deleted game the re-installed and still locked barring the solo race weekend at Abu Dhabi.
What else could cause this.

Bealdor
07-05-2015, 21:50
FIX: -> DELETE PATCH DOWNLOAD -> SEARCH FOR NEW UPDATES -> DOWNLOAD AGAIN

Source: http://www.reddit.com/r/pcars/comments/35619h/ps4_locked_to_first_race/

Edit: Please report back if this fixed your issue.

Sgt Zook
07-05-2015, 21:55
How do I just delete an update on PS4. I am only able to work out hoe to delete entire game.
Also have checked for further updates and it says that the most updated version is installed

Bealdor
07-05-2015, 21:57
Same source:

On PS4: When the game is highlighted in the menu, press the Options button on your controller and press delete. Take the disc out and back in and it should start installing the game and download the patch again.

Simon55
07-05-2015, 22:30
Thanks for the answers,

unfortunately none of your suggestions worked, deleted the patch and downloaded the patch again, no difference

I think i'm returning the game tomorrow, which is a shame

Was looking forward to it.

Dorny
07-05-2015, 22:32
You give up easily :p

It sounds like the day one patch isn't downloading or installing correctly, so your playing the locked version of the game. My friends had the problem and they just deleted the patch and checked for update.

flymar
07-05-2015, 22:35
You can't change many things in practise session. Try race weekend instead.:)

Pugamall
07-05-2015, 22:46
I had this query earlier, and it was solved by racing

Might be worth a try ?

EmpireBiscuit
07-05-2015, 23:15
Are you sure that your installation is 100% finished?

This sounds like the "play-before-installation-is-finished" feature.

That's exactly what this is. Project Cars downloads enough to play that one track and car and then let's you play whilst the rest of the game downloads in the background. Unfortunately it doesn't tell you this is the case. If you go into the PS4 settings menu and then look under the hard disk management for downloaded games - I can't remember what this is called exactly but it's in there somewhere - and then look for project Cars and click on it for more info, you'll see xxGb of 19.6Gb downloaded - you need to wait until all 19.6gb is downloaded before everything is fully unlocked.

Padmod
07-05-2015, 23:27
That's exactly what this is. Project Cars downloads enough to play that one track and car and then let's you play whilst the rest of the game downloads in the background. Unfortunately it doesn't tell you this is the case. If you go into the PS4 settings menu and then look under the hard disk management for downloaded games - I can't remember what this is called exactly but it's in there somewhere - and then look for project Cars and click on it for more info, you'll see xxGb of 19.6Gb downloaded - you need to wait until all 19.6gb is downloaded before everything is fully unlocked.

If I remember correctly if you press the PS button while over the Project Cars icon in the home screen and then select 'information' it should give you the status of the installation. Still, strange that it takes so long to install. It'd be nice if a Dev could clarify if something is going wrong or not.

rileyy4
08-05-2015, 00:16
Hey guys, mine seems fully installed when I go to the information the Size says 20.45gb. It said that when I went to bed last night and woke up everything still locked. I've tried reinstalling and deleting the patch and still nothing, if anyone's got any ideas please help or I'll have no choice but to return the game :(

Good Times
08-05-2015, 00:54
I had this exact issue and was spewing, but it was fixed. Here's how it went down:

When I put the disc in, my PS4 asked if I wanted to do an update. I said yes. It was a quick one. Keep in mind I'm on wifi, no ethernet cable plugged in. The game started and all was locked like you experienced. After a quick game, then some wine, I was getting worked up. I thought I may need to register a PSN account (which I have never had to do before) so was looking into that. Then I thought I'd plug in the ethernet cable just for fun. Lo and behold, it started up another 245gb update (or was this the 'install' that others are referring to?). Once it rebooted, the game was fully unlocked and ready.

Now I don't know if the ethernet cable thing was related, or just that my timing was coincidental with it downloading the file, but it worked.

Good Times
08-05-2015, 00:57
PS - I expected a token quick start guide with the game. Clearly people are having initial issues here. Personally I have no idea where to put the car codes to open up the bonus cars, and nowhere in their instruction manual online does it tell me. Pretty frustrating. Luckily from my limited playing it appears to be awesome.

Padmod
08-05-2015, 01:22
I had this exact issue and was spewing, but it was fixed. Here's how it went down:

When I put the disc in, my PS4 asked if I wanted to do an update. I said yes. It was a quick one. Keep in mind I'm on wifi, no ethernet cable plugged in. The game started and all was locked like you experienced. After a quick game, then some wine, I was getting worked up. I thought I may need to register a PSN account (which I have never had to do before) so was looking into that. Then I thought I'd plug in the ethernet cable just for fun. Lo and behold, it started up another 245gb update (or was this the 'install' that others are referring to?). Once it rebooted, the game was fully unlocked and ready.

Now I don't know if the ethernet cable thing was related, or just that my timing was coincidental with it downloading the file, but it worked.

Hmmm, that sounds pretty coincidental to me. It's almost like when you plugged in the cable something 'refreshed' and detected another update file. Disconnecting from the wifi and reconnecting might of had the same result. As far as I can tell the problem seems to revolve around the game installing a small 'sample' to keep you occupied while the full game installs. Either people are being impatient and not realising the disc is still installing (although this isn't really their fault as there is no visual feedback to actual tell you if this is happening or not), or something is going wrong and the game is not detecting the Day 1 patch, which supposedly unlocks the rest of the game. Honestly we need a developer to clear this up for us, or at least outline a fix/procedure if it happens.

rileyy4
08-05-2015, 10:48
in further to my post earlier, tried launching the game with my wifi off as the game store i purchased it from said they had no issues with their instore copy and hadnt used wifi. still nothing. so dissapointed i have to return this game :(

billy2ko8
08-05-2015, 10:54
Same issues aswell come on project cars please clarify what is going on

billy2ko8
08-05-2015, 11:05
Mine has now started unlocking can now access online mode and driver network

Cjbear
08-05-2015, 17:02
Tried everything on this thread and still everything is locked, what am I doing wrong!?!?!?!

Koops
08-05-2015, 17:12
I had the same problem, reinstallation and update didn't work either. I then rebooted my PS4 and everything was suddenly unlocked

Sankyo
08-05-2015, 17:20
Sounds like dodgy update mechanics on the PS4 to me... Hang in there guys, at some point it will work!

joao30121998
08-05-2015, 19:57
I had this same problem.
I have tried everything (reinstall the game, restart the ps4, everything that is written in this forum), I has desesperated.
So I tried to restart the ps4 in the power options (not turn off and turn on) and it worked.
You have to select the option to restart the system with the game in it.

Padmod
10-05-2015, 02:17
Sounds like dodgy update mechanics on the PS4 to me... Hang in there guys, at some point it will work!

I know none of us really know what's going on but can you draw some attention to this thread ( http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22312-Career-Locked-Help!!/page8 )?

The guy in there claims to have been locked out of the game for several days now, even after trying all of the 'work-arounds' numerous times. I think this really needs to be brought to the Devs' attention (if it hasn't already). And I don't think it's as simple as dodgy update mechanics on the PS4, otherwise why haven't other games had this problem?

bandidoFPS
10-05-2015, 02:27
This happen one time with me and now is fine

onyxbon
11-05-2015, 18:44
ive done everything that has been said on here and still everything is locked:boxing::confused:

onyxbon
12-05-2015, 10:25
right i have hardwired the ps4 then uninstalled and re installed the game and patch and now it is all unlocked;):triumphant:

Rodgerzzz
12-05-2015, 11:42
Have people actually tried doing that one race at Dubai in the LMP1 that is available? Sounds ridiculous and stupidly simple I know but everything was locked for me, then I completed that race and everything was unlocked.. Could have been down to timing but it seemed a little coincidental to me!

DutchOvenGlove
12-05-2015, 12:52
I have tried all the suggested workarounds - deleting & checking for updates, restarting the ps4, completing the one race available & finish 1st, waited on idle for hours, switched users and tried the game through multiple accounts across regions - and nothing works.

After waiting for months for this game i'm really frustrated. I've read countless threads from a variety of fora by people with the same issue and yet I've not seen any acknowledgment from the developers that this is a known issue or what they are doing about it.

gbm
12-05-2015, 17:53
I'm in the same boat....can't get anything unlocked. I've tried all the walkarounds suggested already.

Any news?

BearsnVodka
12-05-2015, 20:53
Mine worked finally. I did the race, won, everything was locked. Uninstalled everything and did the race again. Won, and then it gave me the option button after I ended the session. I went to my garage and then backed out and everything was unlocked.

Neifesis
12-05-2015, 23:22
I was there with you guys so I started reading forums to see what was going on. Now all is fine. Every other game has let me know the status of the download located in Notifications/Downloads. This game is roughly 19-20 GB and doesn't show anywhere that it's downloading. My download speed is 14-20 mb/s and took about an hour and a half. When I got done getting first several times then jumped to reading about the issues while the game was in at the ps4 menu ( I never took out or restarted) I checked again and it was all unlocked. It's all still downloading. It just won't show the progress like all the other games I've owned. Hope this helps

DutchOvenGlove
13-05-2015, 12:17
I've got the disc so the only file downloading is the 800MB day one patch. I've had this game for days so it has definitely downloaded by now. This is a different issue.

twisted arts
03-06-2015, 22:51
Hello,

I just bought the game this morning and was eager to try it out after work

To my surprise, i could only do 1 race (LMP1 on Dubai Autodrome)

Everything else except settings is locked

Anybody else experiencing this???

Thanks,

Simon

I've tried all that's been suggested I can't do anything its all locked 3 hours later this game is garbage I want a refund

thewongandonly
04-06-2015, 06:59
I have the same problem :mad:

I have the disc version on the PS4 (not download)
Did the solo race a couple of times, different AI difficulty settings, different duration, and won a few times, but still didn't unlock the career-mode. When the update/patch was fully downloaded, the PS4 drive also kept making a strange noise. Decided to delete the game/update from the HDD and install again. This morning it was again installed, but still the same. Will try to win the solo race again this evening and see if it unlocks the career-mode.
Also tried restarting the PS4.

The strange thing is, there apparently isn't a solution yet. The people who had this problem but did unlock the career-mode, don't really know why it is now unlocked. They just described what happened. So the "[SOLUTION INSIDE]" is not correct IMHO.

SMS, PLEASE COME WITH A FIX FOR THIS PROBLEM!

Sankyo
04-06-2015, 07:52
I've tried all that's been suggested I can't do anything its all locked 3 hours later this game is garbage I want a refund

I have the same problem :mad:

I have the disc version on the PS4 (not download)
Did the solo race a couple of times, different AI difficulty settings, different duration, and won a few times, but still didn't unlock the career-mode. When the update/patch was fully downloaded, the PS4 drive also kept making a strange noise. Decided to delete the game/update from the HDD and install again. This morning it was again installed, but still the same. Will try to win the solo race again this evening and see if it unlocks the career-mode.
Also tried restarting the PS4.

The strange thing is, there apparently isn't a solution yet. The people who had this problem but did unlock the career-mode, don't really know why it is now unlocked. They just described what happened. So the "[SOLUTION INSIDE]" is not correct IMHO.

SMS, PLEASE COME WITH A FIX FOR THIS PROBLEM!

What suggestions as described in this thread did you guys try? Please list them explicitly.

BTW it's says "SOLUTIONS INSIDE", not "SOLUTION INSIDE" ;)

Make sure that you have a valid username and nickname filled in in your in-game profile!

ports
04-06-2015, 09:05
Restore Licence , go to account management then restore licences.

thewongandonly
04-06-2015, 12:50
What suggestions as described in this thread did you guys try? Please list them explicitly.

BTW it's says "SOLUTIONS INSIDE", not "SOLUTION INSIDE" ;)

Make sure that you have a valid username and nickname filled in in your in-game profile!

Things I tried:
1. I deleted and reinstalled the game.
2. Played the solo event several times, also won it.
3. I turned the PS4 off and on
4. Restarted the PS4

Comments:
1. I can't make a profile and thus cannot have a faulty Username/Nickname.
2. When I press the PS button, it says "Buy €69,-", which would be strange, since I play it via disc (or does t always says that?).
3. It says version 1.01 day one patch
4. I hear the drive making a strange sound: briefly spinning then stopping, briefly spinning then stopping and so on...

As you can see in the photo's below, I really can't select anything but the solo event:

PLEASE ADVICE...

Bealdor
04-06-2015, 12:54
Sounds like a faulty disc or a faulty patch download (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?21876-SOLUTIONS-INSIDE-Everything-locked&p=883381&viewfull=1#post883381) to me.

thewongandonly
04-06-2015, 12:55
I installed the game and patch twice now. So it can only be a faulty disc...? There are no scratches or damages to the disc. What to do now? I don't have a receipt.

And it seems that I am not the only one having this problem.

Dynamic__8
05-06-2015, 04:29
OK ,now I am locked out of everything except the ouick race with LMP, tried deletes and no fix, I am trying a re-initializing now and then I will try the disc again, will let you know if it worked.

thewongandonly
05-06-2015, 05:48
Re-initializing your PS4?

Dynamic__8
05-06-2015, 06:37
Yes ,It is done now, entered my psn profile just like you just turned the console on for the 1st time. Well ,too bad , loaded the Pcars disc ,got the update, started the game and .........still locked out. Didn't work. I've already tried all the other suggestions on this thread, no fix. I at least got to do a few hours of racing while it worked though, damn shame ,I had just got the force feedback perfect too,after spending hours on that.

It doesn't look like there's a fix right now, maybe they will send a patch in the future. Until then disc is in the box on the table.

Re-initializing the ps4 wipes out all the files that you had on it ,profiles,games,apps,ect. I thought if there was some corrupt data this would have got rid of it. But it did not work, still locked out of everything except the one quick race at Dubai. Hope a fix come soon.

Sankyo
05-06-2015, 07:05
Do we know what the game needs to do in order to unlock all the content? Download all patches? Contact licensing server? Establish some other connection? Any other in-game stuff completed/filled in/activated first?

thewongandonly
05-06-2015, 07:37
It works!

I followed these steps (not guaranteed that it'll work for you):

1. Delete project Cars
2. Delete application data on your hard disk.
3. Delete application data online
4. Delete graphics "Project Cars"
5. Disconnect the internet.
6. Restart your PlayStation.
7. Make sure the disc doesn't contain fingerprints.
8. Install project cars.
9. Reconnect the internet.
10. Than wait that the update is completely installed.

Siberian Tiger
05-06-2015, 07:40
Im glad you have sorted it :)

Now you can have much fun playing pCars...

Sankyo
05-06-2015, 08:16
It works!

I followed these steps (not guaranteed that it'll work for you):

1. Delete project Cars
2. Delete application data on your hard disk.
3. Delete application data online
4. Delete graphics "Project Cars"
5. Disconnect the internet.
6. Restart your PlayStation.
7. Make sure the disc doesn't contain fingerprints.
8. Install project cars.
9. Reconnect the internet.
10. Than wait that the update is completely installed.

That's a really drastic method!
Would this possibly be a profile corruption issue?

Dynamic__8
05-06-2015, 23:20
OK ,I tried the method stated by thewongandonly, no results, still the same, locked out. I guess after playing this game without issue for a couple of weeks, all good things must come to an end. sad. I still don't know why it did what it did in the 1st place and I guess no one else does either. anyway guess I will be waiting for the cm release now. Pcars F1 cars were so much fun, gonna miss that for sure.

hope for a patch fix on this some day.

Dynamic__8
06-06-2015, 05:43
any other ideas before I take this game back to gamestop to salvage some of the money loss

thewongandonly
06-06-2015, 06:27
I found those steps on this forum (with a little personal tweak). Strange that mods Bealdor and Remco v. Dijk never heard of this problem, see here (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22312-Career-Locked-Help!!/page13) for more examples.

I was assuming you had the same problem like me: when first playing the game. Never thought that you had played the game before and suddenly had the "locked" problem. Sounds worrying that this can happen at any moment. However I think the cause might be different. As LukeC mentioned in the thread I linked to: When you first get the game it quickly installs a small portion of it that you can play as it installs the rest in the background. Once the full content is installed everything else automatically unlocks. The fact that it doesn't for some people is a mystery, but it's as if some bug is either preventing a full download or something is preventing the console from recognising a full download.

Therefor I suggest to look further for a solution. Good luck!

Dynamic__8
07-06-2015, 15:06
OK, I tried one more thing, I created a new psn account,new ID and loaded the disc. In theory ,this should have been just like restarting a brand new game out of the box. The disc did the patch DL and I started the game.... still locked out....... I really don't have a clue now, don't know what else to do . Why is game locking me out ? Forever unknown.................

Dynamic__8
07-06-2015, 15:34
Update ,YES, after doing the one race, and winning, I'm back in !!!!!!!!! Don't know why it did this but I'm back in now with all access.

Dynamic__8
07-06-2015, 16:36
Now it is working with my old ID , all good for now. Wanted to say thanks for all the tips on this thread!

FS7
07-06-2015, 21:32
When I got the game I started it without connecting to the internet. At first everything except solo mode was locked, but after some time the game finished installing and everything became available. Later I installed the patch and downloaded the DLC content and everything worked fine.
Ideally there should be some sort of indicator telling the player how far along the installation is.

pmc85
09-08-2015, 18:28
You described my exact same issue. Also, the game says $69.99 even though I purchased the hard copy. To solve the issue, I went to Setting>PlayStation Network/Account Management>Restore Licenses. Push button to restore then make sure you close the game if it's open, and reopen the game. Everything unlocked after that for me. Hope it works for you, it is extremely frustrating!

On a final note, TO THE DEVELOPERS, I'm incredibly disappointed with Project Cars for not actively solving this problem and sharing the information with us, the customers. There are MANY people who have this issue. It's pretty disheartening. This is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY!!!

Things I tried:
1. I deleted and reinstalled the game.
2. Played the solo event several times, also won it.
3. I turned the PS4 off and on
4. Restarted the PS4

Comments:
1. I can't make a profile and thus cannot have a faulty Username/Nickname.
2. When I press the PS button, it says "Buy 69,-", which would be strange, since I play it via disc (or does t always says that?).
3. It says version 1.01 day one patch
4. I hear the drive making a strange sound: briefly spinning then stopping, briefly spinning then stopping and so on...

As you can see in the photo's below, I really can't select anything but the solo event:

PLEASE ADVICE...

skells22
28-09-2015, 16:52
grr, made a mistake by pressing the deleate button by accatiace and back into this flipping issue and i have tried the above but did not work can someone help me out of this pickle