PDA

View Full Version : Inputs are turn off on PC when using Steam Overlay.

HipHop
07-05-2015, 21:10
The keyboard, mouse, and Xbox 360 controller inputs completely die. I believe this happens when using the steam overlay. Maybe when tabbing out the game as well?

I have to shut down the game process in order to restart the game again.

I've only played online multiplayer so that issue may only be happening there.

don't know if this is a known issue or not.

HipHop
07-05-2015, 21:22
Sat in a lobby, waited for the game to start without using the Steam overlay.

everything goes fine and all works.

Sat in another lobby, browsed the internet with steam overlay in the lobby, during the loading screen I switched between the game and steam overlay browser, got in the game, all inputs die.

Siberian Tiger
07-05-2015, 21:28
Ok, since it don't happen on my PC. (Tried it right now several Times)

Can you please provide us some infos about your Hardware / OS and Inputs?

HipHop
07-05-2015, 21:49
Ok, since it don't happen on my PC. (Tried it right now several Times)

Can you please provide us some infos about your Hardware / OS and Inputs?

I just tried it again a couple of times with the issue happening everytime. Doesn't seem to happen for single player though.

I'm using
GTX 670
i5 3570k
Windows 8.1
Xbox 360 Controller

The mouse seemed to work in one instance though after I got done loading in. I was able to drag the mouse over to "Drive", then everything just quit on me after selecting it. The car wouldn't respond to anything I tried. Weird issue. Of course, my workaround is just to not use the browser overlay while loading in multiplayer.

x107
07-05-2015, 21:53
Hi HipHop

Wanted to let you know I've also been having this problem using a Fanatec Wheel. It was also mentioned that some people using G27 wheels have the problem as well and it may in fact be related to the Steam overlay. I did some testing this afternoon and if I didn't use the overlay when joining a MP session there was no issue. If I did use the overlay then the input failure was more likely to happen, but still seemed somewhat random.

Also I can add that this has only happened to me in MP sessions, and doesn't appear to effect SP sessions. A solution you might want to try is disabling the overlay and using the Steam app on a phone for messaging. Will be trying this later myself to see what happens.

Mattias
20-05-2015, 14:52
I've had this issue 1-2 times so far as well. I do use the steam overlay so maybe that's it.
I'll pay more attention to what I've done the next time it happens.

And as x107 says, I've also only had this happen in MP. Maybe just a coincidence, I've been playing MP more than SP so far.