PDA

View Full Version : Where did my heads up display go????

MIcrawler
07-05-2015, 21:20
I had the map and things when i did the first few practice rounds.. I went to play multiplayer with a friend and now all my huds are gone and I can not get them back... I have them turned on, I have tried pressing left D pad on my xbox one remote as the illustration shows with no luck. I have no lap counter or any information coming up.

Please help.

evoluzione1
07-05-2015, 21:21
I have the same problem on my XB1, the HUD was there now it's gone and I can't get it back.

could_do_better
07-05-2015, 21:22
Look at the Cycle HUD key mapping, there are various HUD states to choose from.

MIcrawler
07-05-2015, 21:22
yeah well its really a pita

Roger Lee
07-05-2015, 21:24
yeah well its really a pita

Pressing a button?

hybrid.art
07-05-2015, 21:25
Go to Options&Help -> Gameplay -> Onscreen Guides and Replay -> Change the HUD-Level to what you like personally.
It is also worth checking out following Settings: Options&Help -> Controls -> Edit Assignments -> Here you can see which key is mapped for changing the HUD level.

MIcrawler
07-05-2015, 22:53
No Luck, I have remapped the hud change key to right bumper... I have tried it on the keyboard... I have it on in the menu and I have no HUD's it says press tab to display lap times and that does not work either

MIcrawler
07-05-2015, 23:02
The only thing i can get to show up is the turn indicator on the track. No map, no lap times. nothing but my car and the track

Morgan Henstridge
07-05-2015, 23:41
if the HUD is set to OFF, this will also disable the Lap times window, as this is part of the HUD.

Minimal Hud is required to see the Lap time window, and this also has the Gear and tyre info at the bottom of the screen.

I started my fresh profile last night with hud OFF, but used the key assigned to toggle through it a few times and settled on the minimal hud and the lap times window. This stayed as set through Free Practice and Single Race weekends without issue, but i have not been into Multiplayer.

edit - Is the HUD gone from all session types for you, ie Free Practice, Single Race, Multiplayer??

edit2 - For someone who has played multipleyer a lot - Is there a setting to force no hud for the session??

Roger Lee
08-05-2015, 02:07
If you've gone into the HUD edit screen you may have hid those items accidentally. Will the HUD come back if you restart the game?

sherpa25
08-05-2015, 03:44
Saw a video giving suggestions on setting up FFB, and he had some kind of FFB clipping HUD/graph display. Anyone know how to turn this on?

Roger Lee
08-05-2015, 03:48
Saw a video giving suggestions on setting up FFB, and he had some kind of FFB clipping HUD/graph display. Anyone know how to turn this on?

If you cycle through all the HUD layouts with whatever you have it set to in the controls, it's the last HUD screen.

Lamro101
08-05-2015, 05:16
i'm on pc version since yesterday, in options of pcars hud, turn indc. etc... are on, but nothing in the game(((, no map((, no gears, no speed, nothing(((

MIcrawler
08-05-2015, 13:30
Lamro, I am in the same boat as you, I have no huds, if i hit left D pad button while in the race and come back and look at my settings it has changed the setting from full mirror on to whatever I happened to click it to with the D pad but I have NO HUDS in any race mode. I was hoping to find a reset to default but that doesn't not seem to be anywhere. So I am stuck now with no fricking huds, maps or anything. When I pause the game and go into the HUD menu in a race I see a bunch of black dots and i can move around a white dot but it does nothing.......

Lamro101
08-05-2015, 14:47
same shit...(( i hope it will be fixed soon, and if you find a way out please let us know.
but for now i'm using some windows app called pCARS Telemetry, so my second screen doing HUD work for now...

Antar
08-05-2015, 15:10
same problem here... no HUD in any race mode...

Frogstar
11-05-2015, 15:22
same problem here... no HUD in any race mode...

Same problem. Please fix.

MIcrawler
12-05-2015, 00:20
Well.... I just got the answer in another post thanks to someone.. I had problems with the HUD missing when I turned on Nvidia 3D vision but it didnt dawn on me then that 3d has caused the hud to disappear. I am a bit bummed that no huds with 3D.. the 3D itself is not enjoyable anyways as the shadows are way out of whack and you can only go a few laps with it the way the game is now. I hope that this will get fixed soon.

Morgan Henstridge
12-05-2015, 04:48
Hi Guys, There are improvements to 3D Vision, Triple screen and Oculus Rift coming.

Lazzaaroo
14-05-2015, 20:40
Go to Options&Help -> Gameplay -> Onscreen Guides and Replay -> Change the HUD-Level to what you like personally.

Just like most people here I have also had the same issue after playing multiplayer but this suggestion has fixed my issue. Everyone should try it and in the meanwhile it shall be our solution until they fix it.

Manic DBB
14-05-2015, 22:31
I had this issue as well on Xbox One today. I would go into a qualifying session, and the HUD randomly turns off. I go back to the Options, turn the HUD back on. Then I go to the next event and it turns back off. Go to settings, turn back on; repeat.

plattass
17-05-2015, 06:54
Same issue has happened to me on PS4. All I have on my screen is tyre read-out and the timings at the top of my screen. I've tried to add the lap count/postion and the track map but it doesn't change, no matter which game mode.
Please help!

plattass
17-05-2015, 08:36
Same issue has happened to me on PS4. All I have on my screen is tyre read-out and the timings at the top of my screen. I've tried to add the lap count/postion and the track map but it doesn't change, no matter which game mode.
Please help!

plattass
17-05-2015, 08:37
Please help!

I have the same problem on my XB1, the HUD was there now it's gone and I can't get it back.

faster23
30-05-2015, 02:25
has this been fixed i can't see the track map while driving on a track

djrexy
12-06-2015, 17:17
+1 i had this issue on PC, please fix that

Bruno Alexandre
12-06-2015, 17:29
If the issue happens you just need to re-enable it. There's a specific option that allows you to scroll through the various HUD available, to know the key go to Options > Controls > Edit Assignments and see which button is selected for Cycle HUD Display (option at the far right of the screen) if there's none, then you need to bind a button/key to it.
You can also go to Options > Gameplay > Onscreen Guides & Display and change the HUD level to Full .