PDA

View Full Version : Pit Engineer (PS4)

Zedman26
07-05-2015, 21:32
Hey, just been playing the game in career mode had a few races and noticed that sometime the pit engineer will speak through the controller.
What determines when there is a pit engineer as I like the feature but it seems to be missing from most of the races Ive competed in and was wondering if this was a glitch??

Siberian Tiger
07-05-2015, 21:36
Not all Messages are actual "Voice" Messages from the Pit Engineer...

And he should behave like a real Pit Engineer, so don't expect him to Speak all 2 Minutes to you...

IJerichoI
07-05-2015, 21:37
I believe he is talking more at the beginning and this is getting less over time as you get used to some things. But I don't know if he is present in all racing series, can't remember it from the karts for example.

Zedman26
07-05-2015, 21:42
Cool well I've just got through the first karting series so must have been a rare occasion then, I guess as the races get longer I'd expect to hear more from him with pit stops and body damage etc.

Joethe147
07-05-2015, 21:52
Yeah he only appeared once or twice for me in the 2 seasons I've done of 125cc Shifter Karts.

I see he can only be heard through the controller speaker though. I really dislike the speaker.

Could a suggestion be forwarded to Slightly Mad, and I've seen others mention this exact thing, for there to be an option for us to hear the engineer through the tv just like everything else? It's a baffling decision to me.

Siberian Tiger
07-05-2015, 21:53
Yeah he only appeared once or twice for me in the 2 seasons I've done of 125cc Shifter Karts.

I see he can only be heard through the controller speaker though. I really dislike the speaker.

Could a suggestion be forwarded to Slightly Mad, and I've seen others mention this exact thing, for there to be an option for us to hear the engineer through the tv just like everything else? It's a baffling decision to me.

Allready forwarded to the Devs... They might add an Option for that in the Future...

Zedman26
07-05-2015, 22:04

Thats cool, I did one season and move to 250cc superkart, but yeah agree with you on the speaker front, the idea is cool but the PS4 controller speaker is a little tacky.

Joethe147
07-05-2015, 22:58
I noticed while on track in qualifying, subtitles on screen saying certain drivers have just said a certain lap. Didn't get anything through the speaker, even though I had earlier changed the speaker from muted to medium volume and as I entered qualifying, I got the voice-over that you get at the start of your first practice/qualifying session of your career.

flymar
07-05-2015, 23:03
There's no speeches for these information. As well as for your "best sector time" ones.

Joethe147
07-05-2015, 23:38
Aahh, I see. Thanks!

McKiernan
08-05-2015, 01:48

I'm not a fan of the controller speaker also, but if you turn off your dualshock 4 (of course only possible if using a wheel), the pit engineer's (Ben Collins) voice will come out through your tv speakers instead. You can turn off the DS4 in the devices section of the settings on your PS4. There may be a setting to turn off the contoller speaker in there to, I haven't checked that though.

Joethe147
08-05-2015, 01:52
That;s good for wheel users, which doesn't include me, haha. Hopefully they can sort it out eventually.

Zedman26
08-05-2015, 07:28
That;s good for wheel users, which doesn't include me, haha. Hopefully they can sort it out eventually.

I think you can mute the speaker on the DS4 from the adjust device option on the PS4 system, but not through the game itself.

DozUK
08-05-2015, 08:40
He puts the $### up me every time he speaks. I play late at night and turn the tv volume down as the missus has gone to bed but he blurts out dead loud from the controller speaker and I crash ha. To be fair I think it's a great touch but the option to switch would be beneficial.

JessicaWalter
08-05-2015, 10:38
yeah the controller speaker is loud, i have mine set on the lowest setting it has thats still "on," but it's also very directional. the lowest volume level still sounds loud to me when i play gta v but when a friend is sitting next to me i can barely hear it. it directs it straight at your face (depending how you hold the controller, obviously).

Joethe147
08-05-2015, 13:59
I'll just put up with having the speaker on a decent volume.

Had my earphones in my tv last night, so I heard the engineer and in comparison to having him muted, it does definitely help immersion.

Can't really have a pair of earphones in the controller and another pair in the tv though so I hope they'll put in an option eventually.

dj81
14-05-2015, 02:11
Has anyone else had the problem where the engineer has stopped talking all together?
I have the option turned on, and the volume set. I started the career, and started with the karts, and I would hear him a few times a race.
Then at some point after that, i think when i moved to a car series I don't hear him at all anymore.

I actually like it coming through the controller speaker, makes it feel a bit more real to me.

Scrufy
14-05-2015, 03:48
He puts the $### up me every time he speaks. I play late at night and turn the tv volume down as the missus has gone to bed but he blurts out dead loud from the controller speaker and I crash ha. To be fair I think it's a great touch but the option to switch would be beneficial.
PC version here but yeah, I love it when he breaks my concentration with a "your 7seconds up concentrate on lap time", which causes me to skid off with broken concentration. gets me every time.

It seems to me like he only talks in races where I have the contract, and not the extra invitationals, but maybe thats just when I notice.. only a season 3 rookie here so no idea really.

Mike Hallsworth
28-05-2015, 19:25
PS4 using wheel and headphones. Had the engineer at start but then he disappeared apart from telling me to GoGoGo when leaving the pits. I think this has got to be a glitch/bug. Wish they would sort it.

apexatspeed
28-05-2015, 20:55
Has anyone else had the problem where the engineer has stopped talking all together?
I have the option turned on, and the volume set. I started the career, and started with the karts, and I would hear him a few times a race.
Then at some point after that, i think when i moved to a car series I don't hear him at all anymore.

I actually like it coming through the controller speaker, makes it feel a bit more real to me.

Yeah I have noticed this. Sometimes he doesn't say anything and sometimes he talks several times a race. I am not sure if it is a glitch or if that is the way it is supposed to be. Also sometimes it will come up on the screen that he is talking, but I can not actually hear him talking.

diesel97
28-05-2015, 21:04
Maybe they programed it so it "felt" random, if he talk the same time every race people would bitch . SMS just cant win can they

GraySmithMusic
28-05-2015, 21:15
I've noticed that in Career he doesn't say hardly anything, maybe the odd thing here or there, but if you load up a solo race he's a right Chatty Kathy. You can't keep him quiet.

KK78
28-05-2015, 21:20
In some series he never shuts up though so it's swings and roundabouts, in LMP1 Endurance he rarely goes a lap once you reach the back markers without then mentioning them several times a lap. It could be a bit more technically useful like telling you to change this and that but that's probably too complicated, all in all it's a nice little feature though, I just turn the speaker down/off if he gets annoying.