PDA

View Full Version : FFB & KERBS

Chanur
07-05-2015, 21:42
Hi to all

anybody knows what its the ¨magic key¨ in FFB options for have a more FFB effect in KERBS? please...:confused:

THX

IJOJOI
07-05-2015, 21:43
Hi to all

anybody knows what its the ¨magic key¨ in FFB options for have a more FFB effect in KERBS? please...:confused:

THX

Do you want to have more "RUMBLE" or just more Curb FFB?

Remember, that most of the curbs are flat and not Sawtooth ;)

Siberian Tiger
07-05-2015, 21:45
Yes, first be sure your FFB ist set to 100%... (Sadly the Default is around 80%, if i remember correctly)

And there is no Magic Key, but there are several options to try :cool:

Everyone like's it a little bit different...

And you can also Tune the FZ Forces up to 200% for more Vertical Forces (I.E Kerbs)...

Chanur
07-05-2015, 21:50
Do you want to have more "RUMBLE" or just more Curb FFB?

Remember, that most of the curbs are flat and not Sawtooth ;)

Thx for your quick response

maybe more sensation on the wheel thath you are with 2 wheels in the curb and 2 in the circuit,the sensation right now its very flat for my g27 in circuit de cataluña GP with variety of cars open wheelers,GTs,Roads...

THX and sorry for my english mistakes

could_do_better
07-05-2015, 21:52
G27 has very none linear torque output, low ffb demands do not produce a lot of torque at the wheel. Try increasing the deadzone removal to around 0.15 that will 'compress' the ffb to the range you can feel on the wheel.

GT500
07-05-2015, 21:56
One track which warns you to avoid kerbs would be brands hatch. The ffb on these kerbs is severe warning you to get off!
Try them let us know what you think
Cheers

yusupov
07-05-2015, 22:04
i will try that now, thanks! (i hate brands hatch! :D)

could_do_better
07-05-2015, 22:05
You will hate it more when you feel the kerbs :-)

Chanur
07-05-2015, 22:09
Thx Sirs for all your responses

a little Off-topic sorry:wath do you think about this configuration posted in RC forums

Setting up FFB in PCARS and disabling masking forces?? (http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/setting-up-ffb-in-pcars-and-disabling-masking-forces.99219/#post-1928289)

actually a try that configuration but the sensations are stranges like the kerbs sensations...:culpability:

yusupov
07-05-2015, 22:14
You will hate it more when you feel the kerbs :-)

perfect recommendation, thx again. i actually think i have it tuned about how i want it! anyone within 50 feet should be able to hear when i hit those curbs :)

GT500
07-05-2015, 22:38
100% strength and 0% damper saturation is a real workout with the t500rs and those kerbs at brands!
The subtleties of the feedback really shine once you have practiced a lot with each car.
And so many options to tweak in the menus.
If you bring up the HUD telemetry screen in game you can see from the realtime graph if your wheel is clipping and "losing feel" As default cars aren't setup to clip you should be fine.
Master spindle scale plays a big part also, it is car dependant and accessed through the car setup menu. Usually around 26 if you adjust it to say 28 has a big impact on wheel feel
Lots to read and learn

baron-bob
08-05-2015, 10:17
perfect recommendation, thx again. i actually think i have it tuned about how i want it! anyone within 50 feet should be able to hear when i hit those curbs :)

Hello, please tell me what you did.

yusupov
08-05-2015, 10:24
hey baron-bob,

i have a new tip actually, try this --

set FFB strength to 85 (if you havent changed this, its already there as this is default). now pick a car to try at brands hatch. in the car setup screen click force feedback at the top, where it says 'master spindle', roughly double that. so it should be at 0.26, but it 0.5-0.65 for now.

steering will be very heavy, heavier than any other sim ive tried, but i actually think it might be ok -- anyway see what you think. you should get good surface feel now, try the curbs, bumps in the track, etc. if the steering is far too heavy it should be easy to knock that down but retain the surface feel, lemme know what u think

baron-bob
08-05-2015, 10:34
Fanatec 911 Turbo S no Rumble/Vibration but FFB is great

I have zero rumble in the game. It is as if the rumble motors do not get any signal at all.
For example when I get on curbs. I mean that kind of feedback that you have with the 360 controller.
The wheel works perfekt in Race07 or AC. Also in the wheel propertypage when I click on test rumble the motors are working.

I have the 756 FW and 205 driver installed. The ABS option is set to "100" so that only the motor on the padels is working. When I put it on for ex. on 95 the motors also work. But this is of course no feedback from the game but only a built in response to brakepeadele position. I tried several settings in game. But there is no Rumble or Vibration at all only realy great FFB. But without the rumble there is no feedback about the forces of the chassy. Race07 is great on this it even simulates the vibration of the engine dynamicly that is transferd to the car.

Win 7 64 uptodate, gtx980 SLI with newest driver, I7-3770K, ASUS P8Z77, Clubsport Paddels V1, Clubsport Shifter H/SQ and Wheel via 3 USB cabels con. to a HUB that is con. to PC USB2.0

PLEASE HELP!

baron-bob
08-05-2015, 10:36
[QUOTE=yusupov;885208]hey baron-bob,

set FFB strength to 85 (if you havent changed this, its already there as this is default). now pick a car to try at brands hatch. in the car setup screen click force feedback at the top, where it says 'master spindle', roughly double that. so it should be at 0.26, but it 0.5-0.65 for now.

steering will be very heavy, heavier than any other sim ive tried, but i actually think it might be ok -- anyway see what you think. you should get good surface feel now, try the curbs, bumps in the track, etc. if the steering is far too heavy it should be easy to knock that down but retain the surface feel, lemme know what u think[/

thax, will reply ASAP

yusupov
08-05-2015, 10:42
from your post if you want to essentially keep the old FFB but add the surface effects (you should feel after you try that setup), try halving the x & y values, dont touch z unless the curb effects were too much. if it then feels too light add .10 or so to the x & y, if its too heavy do the opposite. gl

baron-bob
08-05-2015, 11:04
[QUOTE=yusupov;885208]hey baron-bob,

steering will be very heavy, heavier than any other sim ive tried, but i actually think it might be ok -- anyway see what you think. you should get good surface feel now, try the curbs, bumps in the track, etc. if the steering is far too heavy it should be easy to knock that down but retain the surface feel, lemme know what u think[/

thax, will reply ASAP

from your post if you want to essentially keep the old FFB but add the surface effects (you should feel after you try that setup), try halving the x & y values, dont touch z unless the curb effects were too much. if it then feels too light add .10 or so to the x & y, if its too heavy do the opposite. gl

Thx for the suggestions but it had not the effect that I wanted. The rumble motors are still not geting a signal an the FFB felling only advanced sligtly. I think it is a gameengine problem or something like that.

Do you guys have a wheel with a FFB AND rumble motor that work both?

OppaErich
09-05-2015, 13:41
Fanatec 911 Turbo S no Rumble/Vibration but FFB is great

I have zero rumble in the game. It is as if the rumble motors do not get any signal at all.
For example when I get on curbs. I mean that kind of feedback that you have with the 360 controller.

Same here with a DFGT, really disappointing. I'm about to try a 360 controller instead.