PDA

View Full Version : MIssing Manufactures

2000Viper
07-05-2015, 20:58
Any idea when we might have Corvettes, Vipers, Ferrari's and Lambo's? Seems pretty necessary to create a proper racing environment. Licensing issue? I'm assuming that is why Porsche is not in there.

Siberian Tiger
07-05-2015, 21:00
Porsche is sadly EA exclusive... None Game will have it or the Sub-License is very expensive...

For the other Manufactures stay tuned SMS will license more cars and manufactures for sure...

darkpheonix
07-05-2015, 21:01
Porsche can only be in EA games due to an exclusive license as for the other manufacturers who knows some of them might join post release at some point. But licenses are expensive especially for exclusive brands like lambo and ferrari.

Bealdor
07-05-2015, 21:02
Project CARS was developed with a fraction of the budget that PD or T10 have. Ferrari licenses for example are very expensive and most likely too expensive for SMS.

The Porsche license is exclusive to EA unfortunately. Since Porsche also authorised EA to manage the sublicensing for videogames, I doubt that this will change soon.

Shinzah
07-05-2015, 21:03
But what's wrong with the racing environment provided by our friendly manufacturers like Ford, BMW, Renault, RUF, Classic Team Lotus, Audi, Ginetta.....

Ancient
07-05-2015, 21:06
Yeah, for example Iracing works perfectly fine without any super brands.

Invincible
07-05-2015, 21:08
And also I am pretty sure that there will be (way) more to come!

GT500
07-05-2015, 21:21
I have barely mastered a handful of the current vehicle line up. I haven't driven all the cars and I've been playing for 200hrs ;)
I don't even know anything about car setups yet so much to learn.
Nothing is missing

Alan Dallas
07-05-2015, 21:24
Hey look, a car request thread!!

That didn't take long. :p

Blackvault
07-05-2015, 21:26

We did predict it Alan.

Pete

Christiaan van Beilen
07-05-2015, 21:27
Any idea when we might have Corvettes, Vipers, Ferrari's and Lambo's? Seems pretty necessary to create a proper racing environment. Licensing issue? I'm assuming that is why Porsche is not in there.

I dunno, but I can have just as much fun in a Volkswagen Beetle from the 50's.

To me racing means that you compete with other drivers of equal car class on any type of track or other road surface. This doesn't mean you have to go fast at all or race certain popular cars. For all I care you can have a perfectly fun and interesting race with a grid full of Trabant's or Lada Samara's. In the end a proper race is all about the competition aspect, an aspect that is well done within the game in my opinion.

In the end we got quite a few car brands onboard and the licensed cars all have build up some racing pedigree or status within the car racing culture. As others have said though, there is still more to come.

deadboy
07-05-2015, 21:36
We need a Like button asap. :D

Rudy Ringot
07-05-2015, 21:38
I'm assuming that is why Porsche is not in there.
Yep, but you can drive a Ruf, it was similar to Porsche, Ruf a a builder/preparator on Porsche based cars.

Blackvault
07-05-2015, 21:39
Yep, but you can drive a Ruf, it was similar to Porsche, Ruf a a builder/preparator on Porsche based cars.

We even have a GT3 Ruf especially made for the game!

Pete

Elmo
07-05-2015, 21:47
Hey guys,

since this will be a popular topic I created a specific thread where all the car, manufacturer and series suggestions can be discussed: What cars do you want to see in-game? (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?21910-What-cars-do-you-want-to-see-in-game)

So I will close this thread. Please repost your suggestions there.

Thank you.