PDA

View Full Version : voice chat?!?!!!

Khyber GT
07-05-2015, 21:47
how in the world do we not have voice chat in MP?! You expect us to type and drive???? People need to be able to communicate, especially for public races! It's extremely difficult. Especially when the game doesn't have spotters

Siberian Tiger
07-05-2015, 21:49
I think you are playing on PC... Since PS4 and XBone has Voice Support...

Well on PC the most peoples are using an external Tool like Teamspeak...

Perhaps the support for Voicechat on PC will be added later...

Blackvault
07-05-2015, 21:49
In PC you have options like Teamspeak and Ventrilo. On the consoles you will have Sony and Microsoft's native parties and lobbies with friends.

Pete

ThreeAngryOwls
07-05-2015, 22:16
On consoles, is there a way to mute other players mics, or your own in fact? - On the Xbox One, even whilst in a party we can see our mic icons appearing in-game and there doesn't seem to be any options to mute ourselves or other players. Perhaps I'm overlooking this?

Khyber GT
07-05-2015, 22:25
of course pc. no silly console.

explain how random people you don't know are supposed to get on the same voice chat program at the same time and explain how to get everyone on it every time....i mean what year is it??? racing game that doesn't have voice chat?!

In PC you have options like Teamspeak and Ventrilo. On the consoles you will have Sony and Microsoft's native parties and lobbies with friends.

Pete

no excuse for this to be the only option for public races with random people

Blackvault
07-05-2015, 22:26
of course pc. no silly console.

explain how random people you don't know are supposed to get on the same voice chat program at the same time and explain how to get everyone on it every time....i mean what year is it??? racing game that doesn't have voice chat?!

Most games now rely on third party voice comms.

Pete

Khyber GT
07-05-2015, 23:07
Most games now rely on third party voice comms.

Pete

this isn't a game right? supposed to be a sim?

other racing games/sims have voice communication.... it's not like we are shooting people... we are racing...

The Most Interesting Man
08-05-2015, 02:45
Who are you supposed to be talking to in a sim then? IF your racing, I guess your talking to your pit crew? Just get Team Speak or Ventrillo and watch for the posts of people who are going to be hosting servers. Be Patient...things will get better

Khyber GT
08-05-2015, 03:59
Who are you supposed to be talking to in a sim then? IF your racing, I guess your talking to your pit crew? Just get Team Speak or Ventrillo and watch for the posts of people who are going to be hosting servers. Be Patient...things will get better

have you never played online racing before where communication is needed? we couldn't survive sometimes without voice chat on iracing...you would never know what is going on. at least there is a spotter in iracing... here you have to hope the guy next to you uses his mirrors and rotates his camera to know your there. it's a mess online in pcars and this just makes it worse

Joven
08-05-2015, 04:10
this isn't a game right? supposed to be a sim?

other racing games/sims have voice communication

Should also say, that other sims don't have voice communication as well. rFactor 2 and Assetto Corsa don't.

dominiczeth
08-05-2015, 06:28
In League Racing teamspeak is a must, so join a league maybe? I think in public lobbys many will mute other players anyway.

Yuyuko
08-05-2015, 06:31
Problem with adding support for voice chat in-game (ie. NOT Teamspeak) is that it would likely require a separate API, as the Xbox and Playstation platforms already offer their own for developers to use (someone correct me if I'm wrong, please).

dominiczeth
08-05-2015, 06:34
I think you could use steam Voicechat also, but never tested it. Anyway i think it will only work when you try it with your friends.

vicdavery
08-05-2015, 12:41
Personally I don't like voice channels on racing games, unless I am racing with a regular group, e.g. friends or league. In which case, Ventrilo is perfect.

I've always found that in public lobbies it's just a way for people to hurl abuse around at others. I can do without that. :)

Cerdjman
08-05-2015, 15:41
You can use this TeamSpeak server if need: 697243.ts3.mpgs.co

If players want to be mod contact me.

jimclark62
08-05-2015, 16:06
The last thing we need on this marvellous game are foul mouthed red necks swearing all the time like on COD

Notfordman
08-05-2015, 18:15
Personally I don't like voice channels on racing games, unless I am racing with a regular group, e.g. friends or league. In which case, Ventrilo is perfect.

I've always found that in public lobbies it's just a way for people to hurl abuse around at others. I can do without that. :)

^^+1 :cool:

Tedders
08-05-2015, 19:38
Luckily I don't do much MP racing and if I do, its only with one other person. Last night we used Skype and it worked really well. That being said, having built-in voice chat can't be a bad thing as long as all of the proper controls are there. Like others have said, give it time. We are only in the beginning here.

JakDan
08-05-2015, 19:47
iRacing voice chat works because most of the time you knew the guys you were racing with. In a public lobby goodness knows what profanity would come your way.

Khyber GT
10-05-2015, 03:24
well if you don't want voice chat turn it off... for those of us who do pub races it would be nice to have it...

Doctor Doom
10-05-2015, 09:54
I am coming from the Grid series of racing games where VOIP is heavily used. Having TeamSpeak is essential because it gives you a public channel and a private channel (teamspeak) to tell those what you really think of the other racers. They really should add VOIP to the PC version of Project Cars. Being keyboard commando's is not the same without in game chat.

Hellbringer
10-05-2015, 13:44
iRacing doesnt have voice chat publically and I had no problems communicating via the keyboard with shortcuts if need be. I find it easy to type and drive on straights, I get that others may not find this so easy, but there are many external programs that can be used to speak to freinds whilst racing if you require.

I do not miss the constant noise and rabble of console public lobby chatter which I almost always turned off as it distracted me from racing completely if I was trying to be serious.

Jenga
10-05-2015, 14:47
Online, this game is a mess. You MUST have voice chat on the PC. Anyone who argues otherwise is probably a Forza GAME player rather than a SIMULATION racing player. Iracing has voice chat in server and for team racing there is ventrillo, mumble or Teamspeak or whatever.

This game at present will NOT attract sim racers (PC users), it will attract game racers (consoles users)

eracerhead
10-05-2015, 17:39
I use VoiceAttack which converts voice to text, and set it up not only for key communications between drivers, but also to control certain aspects of the game (I.e.: HUD, timing, calling for pits, etc.).

As others have said, I find voice chat obtrusive and in an open lobby I think it'd be a mess. Text is easier to read/ignore at any given point in a race. For instance, I don't want to hear or read anything mid corner.

les bell
11-05-2015, 18:52
agreed. total game spoiler.

Gimpymoo
11-05-2015, 21:28
PC is all about CHOICE.

It is not for anyone here to say "It should not be in the game".

The game is Steamworks based so at a minimum, using the native Steam chat would not be difficult to implement.

The player then has the option to turn it on or off or friends only as they see fit.

Khyber GT
11-05-2015, 22:15
iRacing doesnt have voice chat publically and I had no problems communicating via the keyboard with shortcuts if need be.

I

lol yes it does have voice chat in every single race.

gizziegod
11-05-2015, 23:22
Online, this game is a mess. You MUST have voice chat on the PC. Anyone who argues otherwise is probably a Forza GAME player rather than a SIMULATION racing player. Iracing has voice chat in server and for team racing there is ventrillo, mumble or Teamspeak or whatever.

This game at present will NOT attract sim racers (PC users), it will attract game racers (consoles users)

even in forza voice chat is a must, i would say that its required for any online racing