PDA

View Full Version : Thrustmaster TX458 - FFB Configuration?

MorciXL
07-05-2015, 22:00
I wonder if some staff people could share with us a proper config of all FFB parameters that you were using during beta testing months to feel the road, the car, and everything as we should feel it.

Thanks in advance!

Siberian Tiger
07-05-2015, 22:02
Well the first and the Important Slider is the FFB Slider in the Main Controller Options... It should be on 100%...
Sadly on default it's around 75%/80%...

Other Controller Specific Settings need to write someone who ownes this Wheel...

yusupov
07-05-2015, 22:02
are you trying to get more feel of the road, ie small bumps, curbs, etc?

MorciXL
07-05-2015, 22:15
Yes! That is.. Exactly!
I miss to feel the road, is like the wheel does not transmit those little details from road.

Siberian Tiger
07-05-2015, 22:19
Well, Road Noise...

Ok, let me explain...

Most Racing Games are using Canned (Fake) Effects for adding such things...

in Project Cars the FFB is feeded trough Physic (Spindle Arm) directly...

So you never get a shaking wheel when you driving straight (like in Real Life)

But you can up the Fz Scale Forces that means Vertical Forces for more Road Feel....

yusupov
07-05-2015, 22:26
ive posted some temporary settings, it should get you going in the right direction. i tried the lotus 78 @ brands hatch.

in car setup, change --

master: about 40
x: about 50
y: ~50
z: leave at ~100

thats it! ffb becomes very strong, maybe too strong, not sure yet. but road feel is 100x better. :)

i use a g27 so you may need lower settings, just make sure the z-force is always above the default 100% either in actual % or through the master setting

MorciXL
07-05-2015, 22:30
But, not only that. Right now the on the FFB you cant feel any suspension from the car.

I think there is a proper config for all those parameters, to feel all those things at its best.

For example? What values are you using with T500RS?

MorciXL
07-05-2015, 22:33
ive posted some temporary settings, it should get you going in the right direction. i tried the lotus 78 @ brands hatch.

in car setup, change --

master: about 40
x: about 50
y: ~50
z: leave at ~100

thats it! ffb becomes very strong, maybe too strong, not sure yet. but road feel is 100x better. :)

i use a g27 so you may need lower settings, just make sure the z-force is always above the default 100% either in actual % or through the master setting

Thanks for the info.
What means, X, Y and Z?

yusupov
07-05-2015, 23:00
x is longitudinal force
y is lateral force
z is vertical force

so only one we really care about for feeling the road surface is z. the others its just important they are strong enough to be effective but not too strong to clip.

MorciXL
08-05-2015, 10:38
I understand, but my last question should been, where can i adjust these settings?

I think you should have released (FFB devs) some values for each brand or model of wheels, at least aprox, to make easier the config for the people that never seen a such complicated configuration for FFB, like me.. for example.

Thanks in advance!

MorciXL
10-05-2015, 22:01
Fixed FFB problems with Jack tweaks, now works fine!