PDA

View Full Version : Anyway of using the sound from the outside (rear) for the cockpit view?

fphilip01
07-05-2015, 22:38
The rear exhaust sounds so much richer than the interior cockpit audio (muffled sounding). I know this is probably more accurate, but I think it would be cool to hear the rear in the cockpit. Anyway to remap that for PC, PS4 or Xbox One?

Thanks,

Frank

Blackvault
07-05-2015, 22:39
The rear exhaust sounds so much richer than the interior cockpit audio (muffled sounding). I know this is probably more accurate, but I think it would be cool to hear the rear in the cockpit. Anyway to remap that for PC, PS4 or Xbox One?

Thanks,

Frank

There is no way to map that. The sounds from the cockpit are indeed more muffed due to the fact the exhaust is outside and often behind the driver.

Pete

fphilip01
07-05-2015, 22:52
Thanks for the quick feedback. This game is going to rock!

Chin
08-05-2015, 04:09
Turn off the helmet overlay in the options...

Perfect Code
10-05-2015, 22:14
Would be neat if players could open/close the windows in cars (ones that have windows of course) and have what's audible change accordingly. On consoles, having a button open a scroll wheel with many options therein, could perhaps work?

MaXKiLLz
11-05-2015, 02:31
I was thinking the same thing. Many of the cars interior sounds are very poor.

JonZ
11-05-2015, 04:52
If you are in helmet cam this is normal because the sound is muffled by the cushion. Switch to normal cockpit view. Also, many people aren't aware that the sounds in cockpit emulate what you'll ear in real world scenario, not the sound that you hear on Youtube that is majorly poor quality recording so don't take it as a proof reference.

TMoney
11-05-2015, 04:55
External sounds in cockpit should be coming in the future. During the dev period there was an option for it and it actually was pretty damn cool in some cars. We'll have to wait and see, but a lot of people have requested it.

JonZ
11-05-2015, 04:57
I heard it will be called "Tube" settings :)

Mascot
11-05-2015, 08:30
External sounds in cockpit should be coming in the future. During the dev period there was an option for it and it actually was pretty damn cool in some cars. We'll have to wait and see, but a lot of people have requested it.

That's great to hear. Hopefully the audio from any view can be mapped to any other view to give the user choice. It might not be entirely realistic but the raspy exhaust note from the chase cam is so much more involving than the muffled cockpit sounds.