PDA

View Full Version : [TGC-NCC] The Gentlemen's Club - New Comers Club Recruitment Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

ZiggyUK
07-05-2015, 22:45

Also referred to at times as

We are please to announce that after 2 months of withholding we can now open our doors to new drivers once again.

For those that sent me their details during our closure, I have already sent out invitations to this weeks Meet & Greet

We shall then be sending out invites to new drivers on a ratio basis so that our tutors do not get flooded as before. As much as we appreciate the enthusiasm sometimes having too many users at once means you do not all get the attention you deserve.

We all look forward to driving with you soon.

When I first opened this thread its sole intention was a place for the TGC drivers from the WMD forum to come and chat. Very quickly it has turned into a recruitment thread to which we had never intended at this stage. The sheer number of applicants has been phenomenal and you kind Gentlemen did catch us off guard so to speak and so we apologise for that. I am therefore transforming this thread into our official recruitment thread.

[TGC-NCC] The Gentlemen’s Club – New Comers Club

Stage 1. Click on the link at the bottom of this first post

Stage 2. You will receive three emails back from ZiggyUK

TGC TeamSpeak Server details and passwords
TGC Basic Circuit Rules and Regulations
TGC 2x2 Formation Start Procedure

Please do not expect a reply to your email immediately. Quite often these documents are sent out in batch on a Monday.

Please make sure you read these documents before attending a training session.

Once you have successfully logged into TeamSpeak and a TS administrator checks your name against the register then you will receive the icon 203567 to show that you are not just a guest but part of the [TGC-NCC]

Stage 3. Every Thursday night at 19:00 UTC we hold a Meet & Greet night. You must have TeamSpeak enabled for all TGC events, a mic is not essential, although it is preferred, but you are required to be able to hear our race directors, instructors.

The Meet & Greet is a laid back chance for us to chat with you and spend some time on the track together in a relaxed atmosphere. It will contain practice sessions and usually a race or two for a bit of fun. You will get to practice our rolling 2x2 formation start and go wheel to wheel with both TGC drivers and previous weeks NCC.

Stage 4. Once you have completed the basic training on a Thursday you can then attend the official NCC races on Sunday's. These races include [TGC-NCC] + [TGC-PNC] drivers and instructors.

Stage 5. You are then required to continue attending the Thursday sessions until you receive your 205748 (Promotion/Passed Plate see below).

Stage 6. If the [TGC-NCC] instructors believe you would not be a liability to others or mainly yourself within a main TGC race then they will replace the 203567 icon with a 205748. This now allows you to join in and race with all the main TGC events and drivers.

If you would prefer to stay with the [TGC-NCC] for a while longer then you are more than welcome to do so as the more training you receive the better you become.

From here you can progress to becoming a fully fledged TGC member.

The [TGC-NCC] will also be running at a later date specific race craft sessions for different levels, 1:1 sessions on track and vehicle setup sessions.

Once you receive the TS details you may use the [TGC-NCC] Unscheduled Practice room at any time to do online practices with other NCC members. Please label any lobby you host as [TGC-NCC] Practice so that other NCC members will be able to see it. Please ensure the lobby always has an active password and do not post the password in the forum. Drivers wishing to join your lobby must be in the same TeamSpeak channel you as you and request the password. Do not invite any other public members into a lobby bearing the TGC title. If an instructor is available they may come and join you to see if they can be of assistance or simply just for the fun.

You may at any time join in the chat and/or practice sessions that are running within the Public chat area of the TGC drivers. Be warned though we do have wind up merchants within the TGC so be careful just what you believe. If in doubt ask a [TGC-NCC] instructor.

Races will be held on Wednesday's for [TGC-PNC] only to join in with the [TGC] drivers in a multiclass practice session. [TGC-NCC] are not permitted to join this event.

Hopefully that has covered most things.

Ziggy UK

217589 (https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1il7woNYsmrFRoItOHSv0TtJy9a9cRrR_hPjA0kW0Q_g/viewform)

Please be aware that we currently only provide leagues to the PC community

Briandtx1313
07-05-2015, 22:47
Is TGC recruiting new members? I would love to race with you guys. Found out about the team from Yorkie's videos!

ZiggyUK
07-05-2015, 22:50
Yep we can do, always welcome drivers who wish to drive fair and with respect. You don't need to be fast or hold amazing records but you will need respect for the other drivers and official racing rules.

If you are interested then drop me a email.

Briandtx1313
07-05-2015, 22:52
Yep we can do, always welcome drivers who wish to drive fair and with respect. You don't need to be fast or hold amazing records but you will need respect for the other drivers and official racing rules.

If you are interested then drop me a email.

Sounds good, I will send you an email. I always love to drive clean and fair with respect even if that means getting in 1st place. I always respect everyone on the track and have fun!

I have sent you the email.

ZiggyUK
07-05-2015, 23:35
PAST [TGC-NCC] RACE EVENTS

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=208521&d=1434827449

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=208860&d=1434399255

ZiggyUK
08-05-2015, 00:00
If I can ask anyone who is interested in the TGC when they register can they please put in it both their Forum id/name and their Steam name as it makes it easy to identify you.

darkpheonix
08-05-2015, 00:12
Wow that post reminded me of me wanting to join from WMD but I just didn't have any time for myself these last months.
Anyways just dropped you an email ziggy :)

oscarhardwick
08-05-2015, 00:57
Hey Ziggy.

I sent an email through a TGC website earlier today only sans the username and ingame name etc...

Would you prefer I email again with that info or should it be ok?

Cheers,

Oscar.

ZiggyUK
08-05-2015, 02:57
Oscar please send me an email direct to be on the safe side.

ZiggyUK
08-05-2015, 04:55
okay guys following my support on the Steam channel I am calling it a night .... or morning :/

I will get around to reading through the emails tomorrow.

Notorious
08-05-2015, 14:26
I've just send you an e-mail with a membership request! From the moment I saw TGC in one of Yorkie's YouTube videos I always wanted to be part of the team ;)

Martin G Webb
08-05-2015, 17:07
Ziggy is our main man and I hope this post doesn't get up his nose but as a member of TGC I'm pleased to see so much interest in such a short space of time.

Swarley133
08-05-2015, 17:29
I've got a small group of guys I've been racing with for a few years that might be interested. I liked what I saw from Yorkie's videos. All about fun and cleanliness, which is what we're looking for. I'm wondering what kinds of races/series you guys have set up (or will set up) and what days/times you race.

Neil Bateman
08-05-2015, 17:37
I also sent an e mail to join, just waiting for reply. I know i am from the west midlands and hope that has no bearing on the outcome.:p

ZiggyUK
08-05-2015, 17:50
Guys just to let you know I am seeing all the emails come through so do not worry. It will take a little bit of time to sort everything out as TGC members were tied up with the pre-release testing and we need to get our admin back up to date a bit.

We also do not want to have too large a influx all at one time. I am working on giving all you guys who are emailing me the chance to at least drive with each other and certain members of the TGC who will assist you in learning our methods and ethos. We are very proud of our drivers and our drivers are very proud to be part of the TGC Racing Leagues.

The new leagues will start shortly. Our main race time is on a Wednesday night at 19:00 UTC/GMT. Qualifying for this race takes place on a Mon & Tues night. We also run race on either a Sat or Sun. On the other nights it is usually fun races and a chat.

jagjet
08-05-2015, 21:04
Welcome to the Brave New World of Project Cars.....

Ziggy your efforts pre release were very special in finding and organizing a great group of lads to race with. I have had some personal issues surrounding cancer in a family member, who has since recovered. I was and have been unable to participate for several months, but I am back at home and trying to get back up to speed.

Saying that I want to say that I have made great online friendships and racing buddies that I will have for the rest of my life.

Thanks for giving all of us a great home and environment in which to enjoy this game/Sim. Remember those early days before we had proper tyre models, suspensions and even ways to run a racing room. WE have gotten there now and I expect nothing but the BEST from you, the membership and all of us that love to drive these silly little electronic virtual monsters !

Great Job All the Best

Robert Phelps aka the "jagjet"

oscarhardwick
08-05-2015, 21:32
All sounds awesome. Sent another direct email as you asked. Looking forward to the future racing in pCARS :)

Tristicles
08-05-2015, 23:07
Hi,

Like many above, I have also seen Yorkie's videos, a long shot for me, but you don't by chance have an Xbox One splinter? Got an old Mac the GF uses so can't play PC/Mac anymore :(

Its hard to find good drivers who don't knock you out of the way, expect to be given room, but then give you no quarter.

Pamellaaa
09-05-2015, 00:13
Email sent, this sounds promising.

Zanilos
09-05-2015, 12:59
Hello, I have sent you a private forum message.... As a male i didn't follow the previously set out instructions (partially read) and fired a off a message.

If you would like me to send an email as well for admin purposes, just let me know.

Siddo
09-05-2015, 13:03
Likewise just sent an email, as many have mentioned it would be nice to be a part of a team of serious drivers of all skill sets that want to enjoy the game yet have respect for each other, and a little banter along the way is always helpful!

ZiggyUK
09-05-2015, 15:14
Hi guys thanks the PM's but please send an email to ziggyuk@live.co.uk as that is where our database/storage system for all our drivers. If you not in that db that you will never receive the required information you need to join us.

As previously said it will take a while to sort everything out as we are receiving a lot of applications to join TGC, which is great, but also training new drivers to our methods can take time.

What we are particular pleased about is that the applications are not just from the "Alien" drivers and I am receiving levels of abilities right across the board. We have a lot of skilled drivers who will be more than happy to help new drivers get both the best out of their vehicle and increase their skills and understanding on the track. This does not mean we are going to turn everyone into another Lewis Hamilton but you should end up feeling that you have achieved your best and driven like a real race driver. There will always be plenty of drivers that are slow, me being one of them, that you will have the chance to race with while the others zoom ahead in the distance. I can tell you know that some of the best battles are often the ones at the back of the track.

Keep posting in this thread but remember to email me.

Ziggy

edit: just a thought although it is not essential. when you email put on your nationality. if you prefer to withhold this info then that is fine. it just helps us out to pair people sometimes for teams or help out with translation when it is needed etc

Gopher04
09-05-2015, 17:08
Shouldn't the 1st post be saying this is for PC only Zig?

ZiggyUK
09-05-2015, 17:20
Shouldn't the 1st post be saying this is for PC only Zig?

You kind of forget that this is a new forum and TGC is not as famous as it was with the WMD. A valid point though and I shall change the first post.

Gopher04
09-05-2015, 17:22
I never forgot anything..

Briandtx1313
09-05-2015, 17:23
Hi guys thanks the PM's but please send an email to ziggyuk@live.co.uk as that is where our database/storage system for all our drivers. If you not in that db that you will never receive the required information you need to join us.

As previously said it will take a while to sort everything out as we are receiving a lot of applications to join TGC, which is great, but also training new drivers to our methods can take time.

What we are particular pleased about is that the applications are not just from the "Alien" drivers and I am receiving levels of abilities right across the board. We have a lot of skilled drivers who will be more than happy to help new drivers get both the best out of their vehicle and increase their skills and understanding on the track. This does not mean we are going to turn everyone into another Lewis Hamilton but you should end up feeling that you have achieved your best and driven like a real race driver. There will always be plenty of drivers that are slow, me being one of them, that you will have the chance to race with while the others zoom ahead in the distance. I can tell you know that some of the best battles are often the ones at the back of the track.

Keep posting in this thread but remember to email me.

Ziggy

edit: just a thought although it is not essential. when you email put on your nationality. if you prefer to withhold this info then that is fine. it just helps us out to pair people sometimes for teams or help out with translation when it is needed etc

Hey Ziggy, I sent the email a few days ago but forgot to put my steam id.

ZiggyUK
09-05-2015, 17:34
Hey Ziggy, I sent the email a few days ago but forgot to put my steam id.

That's ok, but send another email if you get the time.

Stevie_F
09-05-2015, 17:50
Hi Ziggy,

I have also sent a message through the website but there is no way of telling if it is sent or not, it just resorts back to the compose a message screen which is blank. Might be an idea to have some sort of message letting you know it's sent?

Anyway. Alternatively I have sent an email to you and I was wandering if you had received it? I know you're very busy and inundated with requests so I shall leave it at that

Blackvault
09-05-2015, 17:52
Hi Ziggy,

I have also sent a message through the website but there is no way of telling if it is sent or not, it just resorts back to the compose a message screen which is blank. Might be an idea to have some sort of message letting you know it's sent?

Anyway. Alternatively I have sent an email to you and I was wandering if you had received it? I know you're very busy and inundated with requests so I shall leave it at that

Can I ask what website you put sent the email from?

Pete

Stevie_F
09-05-2015, 17:53
Can I ask what website you put sent the email from?

Pete

Hi Pete,

This is the website;

http://tgc-racing.com/Default.aspx

Blackvault
09-05-2015, 18:00
Hi Pete,

This is the website;

http://tgc-racing.com/Default.aspx

Umm well this embarrassing lol That website doesn't exist any more. We used it during the development of the game and shut it down, however it looks like the its still cached as we aren't being billed for it any more!

Can anyone therefore that used this website to contact Ziggy, shoot him an email as per is posts earlier in the thread?

Thanks,

Pete

Stevie_F
09-05-2015, 18:10
That's why there was no conformation then ;(

I have emailed Ziggy and just waiting for a response.

Thanks for the heads up Pete :)

Stevie_F

Blackvault
09-05-2015, 18:11
That's why there was no conformation then ;(

I have emailed Ziggy and just waiting for a response.

Thanks for the heads up Pete :)

Stevie_F

Sorry about the hassle.

Pete

falcon2081
09-05-2015, 20:41
Still waiting for a response too!:cool:

Jay

Crazycanuck1985
09-05-2015, 22:43
Hello Ziggy, I have just emailed you. Looks like lots of fun!

ZiggyUK
10-05-2015, 02:11
Thanks for all the emails guys. I haven't sent anything directly out to you yet but how would you feel about running some laps this Thursday night with a few of the TGC guys. Time would be 19:00 UTC.

TGC will always quote UTC time for any event. For those that have not come across it before "Coordinated Universal Time" abbreviated as UTC is the primary civil time standard by which the world regulates clocks and time .... or in other words it's a digital GMT. So for instance here in the UK then 19:00UTC = 19:00+01:00 for BST = 20:00 or 8pm. Europe will be ahead and USA behind etc. You can set a UTC clock in your windows clock » adjust time/date » Additional Clocks » Show this clock and select the relevant clock you need. There are also many online websites like http://www.worldtimebuddy.com (which is also available on IOS and Android) or http://www.timeanddate.com/ etc.

Nothing strenuous just something that could help you learn some of our procedures that may or may not be clear on the video's you have seen and of course to get to know you. I am sure you are all aware we insist on you using TeamSpeak, with or without a microphone, and I will email the server details of this soon.

Anyone up for this?

CPK
10-05-2015, 02:15
This sounds good to me Ziggy. I emailed you recently and we had a few emails exchanged about TGC.

ZiggyUK
10-05-2015, 02:17
This sounds good to me Ziggy. I emailed you recently and we had a few emails exchanged about TGC.

Hi CPK, don't worry you have not been forgotten mate and you are safely in the database.

CPK
10-05-2015, 02:28
Happy Days. I look forward to getting stuck in :)

Briandtx1313
10-05-2015, 05:03
I have sent you another email with my correct steam name, ziggy.

Rallye_boy
10-05-2015, 06:27
If I can ask anyone who is interested in the TGC when they send me an email can they please put in it both their Forum id/name and their Steam name as it makes it easy to identify you.
Morning, you have been recommended as a good group of racers. Would love to join the club. I am not the fastest but love the racing when it is fair. My Steam ID and Forum ID is Rallye_boy and name is Stuart.

Andre Michel
10-05-2015, 08:21
Thanks for all the emails guys. I haven't sent anything directly out to you yet but how would you feel about running some laps this Thursday night with a few of the TGC guys. Time would be 19:00 UTC.

TGC will always quote UTC time for any event. For those that have not come across it before "Coordinated Universal Time" abbreviated as UTC is the primary civil time standard by which the world regulates clocks and time .... or in other words it's a digital GMT. So for instance here in the UK then 19:00UTC = 19:00+01:00 for BST = 20:00 or 8pm. Europe will be ahead and USA behind etc. You can set a UTC clock in your windows clock » adjust time/date » Additional Clocks » Show this clock and select the relevant clock you need. There are also many online websites like http://www.worldtimebuddy.com (which is also available on IOS and Android) or http://www.timeanddate.com/ etc.

Nothing strenuous just something that could help you learn some of our procedures that may or may not be clear on the video's you have seen and of course to get to know you. I am sure you are all aware we insist on you using TeamSpeak, with or without a microphone, and I will email the server details of this soon.

Anyone up for this?

I would be glad, if i could get a slot in that session :-)

Siddo
10-05-2015, 08:38
+1 ZiggyUK, wouldn't mind sinking a few laps into a MP session. Would be great to be able to monitor others driving as well as our own and give / receive feedback that could help us improve if needed.

Pamellaaa
10-05-2015, 09:22
Thursday nights work for me, I haven't tried pCARS online yet and would prefer to join a group of like minded racers rather than just jumping into a random lobby online. I fired you off an email before, and another when I realised you needed Forum ID and Steam ID so I shall send another with my Nationality.

ZiggyUK
10-05-2015, 14:14
Morning, you have been recommended as a good group of racers. Would love to join the club. I am not the fastest but love the racing when it is fair. My Steam ID and Forum ID is Rallye_boy and name is Stuart.

If you haven't already done so can you please send me an email

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?21977-TGC-The-Gentlemen-s-Club-general-chat-area-aka-TGC-Racing&p=890388&viewfull=1#post890388

ZiggyUK
10-05-2015, 14:15
Thursday nights work for me, I haven't tried pCARS online yet and would prefer to join a group of like minded racers rather than just jumping into a random lobby online. I fired you off an email before, and another when I realised you needed Forum ID and Steam ID so I shall send another with my Nationality.

No don't worry I can see your location :encouragement:

shamblemonkee
10-05-2015, 15:17
Hello, im interested in joining up for casual and organised event's i've sent you an email Ziggy. If nothing else hopefully can join in the proposed Thursday event. Cheers.

Crazycanuck1985
10-05-2015, 16:24

Anyone up for this?

Would love to, but being PST that puts me still at work :( will all the races be during the week around this time?

ZiggyUK
10-05-2015, 16:34
Would love to, but being PST that puts me still at work :( will all the races be during the week around this time?

Usually yes as our largest coverage is European.

However we do have TGC guys in the USA that meet up everyday and run their own races. They do not have leagues in the same way as the European faction does by they race by the same standards ... (well I hope they still do!)

Feel free to PM either 50footELVIS (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/member.php?1219-50footELVIS) or Robert Winzler (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/member.php?5669-Robert-Winzler). I was chatting with them online this morning (early UTC) about this and so they are expected new drivers to be in touch with them. There are a really good group of guys I love racing with them when I can.

Stevie_F
10-05-2015, 17:24

Anyone up for this?

Hi Ziggy, I'll be up for some multiplayer sessions on Thursday night. Get off work at 5 so plenty of time to grab some food and join in the fun.:)

Herbino
10-05-2015, 17:27
Hey Ziggy, sent you an email a couple of days back and I'd love to join on Thursday night!

CPK
10-05-2015, 18:26
Ziggy. any hint of what cars and track to expect so I can familiarise myself? I have only driving GT3 and lmp1 so far :)

JayZero
10-05-2015, 18:48
Hey guys, would love to join as I'm struggling to get decent races on Project Cars atm. I like to win but only with clean tactics and none of that bumper car nonsense, Steam ID: JayZero

ZiggyUK
10-05-2015, 18:57
Good question. Guess I would take out something like the GT5 Ginetta around Donnington National or the Clio around Brands Indy. These are both good training tracks. It will not be LMP1's for instant and we want a shorter track so it is easier to keep in touch and see everyone.

The Ginetta G40 can be a lot of fun. It may be sluggish but the battles you can have in that car are excellent. It is also the starting stage for our TGC-GTS league so it would make sense to give that one a run.

The Clio also has it' own story to tell

CPK
10-05-2015, 19:00
Not a fan of the Clios, however the Ginetta is a nice car. Love Donnington also. Can't wait :)

ZiggyUK
10-05-2015, 21:08
Not a fan of the Clios, however the Ginetta is a nice car. Love Donnington also. Can't wait :)

You should never say that to me ... as any TGC member will tell you. One of the aims of TGC when we first set it up was to take drivers out in cars or tracks they hated and make them drive them for 50 » 100 laps.

Without giving away any members names a particular vehicle that one of our drivers always avoided because [1] they just couldn't gell with it and so [b] that absolutely hated it completely .... well I set up a 60min race and waiting for the complaints. First 25 laps just sheer hatred for the vehicle, by the 35 lap comments about it not being so bad and by the end of the race it had become their favourite vehicle and is still their signature car.

I appreciate we all have cars we don't enjoy but is usually because we have never got around to appreciated their nuances or the way you have to adjust your style of driving to suite the vehicle.

Anyway stick with us and you will become to appreciate far more than you think.

Pamellaaa
10-05-2015, 21:16
Loving the car choices and both Brands and Donnington are good for me!

I am more of a FWD man than a RWD at the moment but that is mostly due to practice time, I am sure I will get on with the Ginetta with enough time spent in it.

Edit: Is this happening this Thursday?

CPK
10-05-2015, 21:16
I'm sure I will. I just like the faster, power cars :) Mercedes SLS GT3, Nissan GT-R GT3

ZiggyUK
10-05-2015, 21:18
Loving the car choices and both Brands and Donnington are good for me!

I am more of a FWD man than a RWD at the moment but that is mostly due to practice time, I am sure I will get on with the Ginetta with enough time spent in it.

Edit: Is this happening this Thursday?

Yep - I will get an email out beforehand

Pamellaaa
10-05-2015, 21:19
Yep - I will get an email out beforehand

Excellent, I have spent lots of time in the Clio, I should probably spend some practice time in the Ginetta.

:D

ZiggyUK
10-05-2015, 21:21
I'm sure I will. I just like the faster, power cars :) Mercedes SLS GT3, Nissan GT-R GT3

Don't we all but you got to start somewhere. To be honest I have grown to love the Ginetta G40 ~ it is a fantastic car to drive and would not hesitate to run it's own GT5 Challenge league someday. If you are finding you have problems with the back end of the G40 then you may want to try increasing the engine braking. Don't worry now though we can help you out on Thursday with things like that.

ZiggyUK
10-05-2015, 21:23
Excellent, I have spent lots of time in the Clio, I should probably spend some practice time in the Ginetta.

:D

Nothing wrong with that but please do not panic and think you have to be up to scratch for Thursday. If you haven't even driven the G40 it will not matter for a training session.

Pamellaaa
10-05-2015, 21:47
Nothing wrong with that but please do not panic and think you have to be up to scratch for Thursday. If you haven't even driven the G40 it will not matter for a training session.

Sounds good, looking forward to it!

I will have to figure out how to make my headset work with Teamspeak before Thursday.

ZiggyUK
10-05-2015, 22:16
TS server is up all the time so you have plenty of time. Once I finish the database I will email the details and passwords out. You can still download the TeamSpeak client to setup your headset and mic without connecting to any servers.

TeamSpeak 3 Client Download (http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=downloads)

Siddo
10-05-2015, 22:57
Cheers for the updates ZiggyUK, really liking the sound of this setup.
Luckily I only live about 20 minutes away from Donington Park and I tend to watch the Ginetta's and Clio Cup series when following the BTCC.

Hoping to get a place for Thursday as this sounds so benifical!

ZiggyUK
10-05-2015, 23:16
Luckily I only live about 20 minutes away from Donington Park and I tend to watch the Ginetta's and Clio Cup series when following the BTCC.

I now know where to come for a coffee then next time I am up there :p

Martin G Webb
11-05-2015, 06:57
Really looking forward to meeting those that can make it on Thursday, it's going to be an interesting session.

I will try to get some set up and fuel usage information up on here before Thursday. I'm sure you all have an idea of how you like your car set up, so anything I post will be advisory and to fit my driving style, (Slow and in the way) if you ask most of the other TGC members ;)

I'll also try to around on TS, (evenings) to help if anyone has questions, issues or just wants a chat.

Siddo
11-05-2015, 07:47
Really looking forward to meeting those that can make it on Thursday, it's going to be an interesting session.

I will try to get some set up and fuel usage information up on here before Thursday. I'm sure you all have an idea of how you like your car set up, so anything I post will be advisory and to fit my driving style, (Slow and in the way) if you ask most of the other TGC members ;)

I'll also try to around on TS, (evenings) to help if anyone has questions, issues or just wants a chat.

I like the sound of the 'slow and in the way' setup haha may have to adopt it too.
One question i do have is would it be worthwhile to install one of the telemetry data applications? I'm not really up to speed with the car setups as of yet but wondered if any data could be pulled from the telemetry information post session to highlight any defects apart from my novice racing skills.

Blackvault
11-05-2015, 07:48
I like the sound of the 'slow and in the way' setup haha may have to adopt it too.
One question i do have is would it be worthwhile to install one of the telemetry data applications? I'm not really up to speed with the car setups as of yet but wondered if any data could be pulled from the telemetry information post session to highlight any defects apart from my novice racing skills.

You can get lost looking at telemetry but try Tom Shane's Profiler (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?23284-pCARS-Profiler-(Telemetry-amp-Analysis)-PC-ONLY&highlight=Profiler).

Pete

Siddo
11-05-2015, 07:51
You can get lost looking at telemetry but try Tom Shane's Profiler (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?23284-pCARS-Profiler-(Telemetry-amp-Analysis)-PC-ONLY&highlight=Profiler).

Pete

Ah understood thanks for the heads up.
I guess you can iron out most issues even with a drivers racing style / setup just by sinking a few driving hours under the belt.

Pamellaaa
11-05-2015, 08:23
TS server is up all the time so you have plenty of time. Once I finish the database I will email the details and passwords out. You can still download the TeamSpeak client to setup your headset and mic without connecting to any servers.

TeamSpeak 3 Client Download (http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=downloads)

Great thanks, I installed it last night and will see if I can get my Bluetooth Headset working properly tonight in preparation for Thursday!

justslater002
11-05-2015, 09:45
Morning from the uk......any plans to for a ps4 version???
or any pointers in the right direction where to find a club like yourselves??
regards
JS

ZiggyUK
11-05-2015, 10:09
Morning from the uk......any plans to for a ps4 version???
or any pointers in the right direction where to find a club like yourselves??
regards
JS

No immediate plans for a PS4 division as yet. Have a chat with Jamie F (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/member.php?96265-JamieF86) I know he is setting up a PS4 league.

Will Fly
11-05-2015, 10:43
ummm post me thinks we should do ob1.

welcome to all new drivers.

Lars Geraae
11-05-2015, 10:54
I've have send you guys a mail on your website a month ago. Have you recived it from larsgeraae@gmail.com
Can exactly remember what I wrote, but it was a longer mail.

Blackvault
11-05-2015, 10:56
I've have send you guys a mail on your website a month ago. Have you recived it from larsgeraae@gmail.com
Can exactly remember what I wrote, but it was a longer mail.

That website doesn't exist any more. We used it during the development of the game and shut it down, however it looks like the its still cached as we aren't being billed for it any more!

Can anyone therefore that used this website to contact Ziggy, shoot him an email as per is posts earlier in the thread?

Thanks,

Pete

Rallye_boy
11-05-2015, 12:11
If you haven't already done so can you please send me an email

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?21977-TGC-The-Gentlemen-s-Club-general-chat-area-aka-TGC-Racing&p=890388&viewfull=1#post890388

Email on its way.

mush
11-05-2015, 16:52
Look who's back i will try to behave this time.

Elmo
11-05-2015, 16:54

Nice try Naruko :D

James D
11-05-2015, 16:55
Nice try Naruko :D

It's not Naruko. :D

Lars Geraae
11-05-2015, 19:39
That website doesn't exist any more. We used it during the development of the game and shut it down, however it looks like the its still cached as we aren't being billed for it any more!

Thanks,

Pete

Thanks for info, email is off to Ziggy :cool:

justslater002
11-05-2015, 20:44
will do, much obliged : )

justslater002
11-05-2015, 20:45
will do. much obliged : )

ZiggyUK
11-05-2015, 23:12

you appear to have lost your 5 ;p

ZiggyUK
11-05-2015, 23:12
Got your emails guys thank you

Pamellaaa
12-05-2015, 11:52
I got myself all setup with TeamSpeak last night, remarkably easy to do once I had persuaded Bluetooth to work properly. Looking forward to Thursday and was after a bit more info if possible:

I know we are looking at the Clio and the Ginetta Junior at Donnington and Brands Hatch, will it be both cars at both tracks or one at one and the other at the other?
Is this a tryout for people joining TGC or is everyone allowed in? What is the structure like for members when they have joined?
Will Thursday be a training session or will we be racing?

Rallye_boy
12-05-2015, 13:14
I got myself all setup with TeamSpeak last night, remarkably easy to do once I had persuaded Bluetooth to work properly. Looking forward to Thursday and was after a bit more info if possible:

I know we are looking at the Clio and the Ginetta Junior at Donnington and Brands Hatch, will it be both cars at both tracks or one at one and the other at the other?
Is this a tryout for people joining TGC or is everyone allowed in? What is the structure like for members when they have joined?
Will Thursday be a training session or will we be racing?

I too downloaded TeamSpeak in readiness. Looking forward to it.

Beatmebad
12-05-2015, 15:42
hey all im looking to join aa group of people who do like to race seriously but also enjoy having fun and have that racing mentality not to smash and crash. I'm lookin for super clean racing as possible sometimes bumps happen but try prevent as much as possible.

ZiggyUK
12-05-2015, 16:07
quick note - Ginetta at Donnington National / Clio at Brands Indy

JIP trackday sessions atm.

Will email out details later today

Closed session for the NewComers Club and a few of TGC drivers.

btw there is double the numbers of NCC's than we were expecting :encouragement:

Pamellaaa
12-05-2015, 16:21
quick note - Ginetta at Donnington National / Clio at Brands Indy

JIP trackday sessions atm.

Will email out details later today

Closed session for the NewComers Club and a few of TGC drivers.

btw there is double the numbers of NCC's than we were expecting :encouragement:

Great, thanks for the info, I will look forward to receiving the info and racing on Thursday.

ZiggyUK
12-05-2015, 19:38
I have sent out the first email to you all which contains our TeamSpeak Server details.

If any person that has provided me with an email address has not received it then please email me straight away so that I can check you are set up correctly.

falcon2081
12-05-2015, 21:25
Got both emails. Will read them over when I get home. Thanks for sending them out!

ZiggyUK
12-05-2015, 21:30
one more to come :surprise:

Pamellaaa
12-05-2015, 21:36
Thanks for all the info so far recieved! all looks very good. Roll on Thursday :)

Blackvault
12-05-2015, 21:55
Good to meet some of you already. I even have a....

ZiggyUK
12-05-2015, 22:51
Spud MkII

http://funnyfilez.funnypart.com/pictures/FunnyPart-com-mr_potato_man.jpg

ZiggyUK
12-05-2015, 22:53
Ok guys you should have received 3 emails from me in total.

TeamSpeak Server Details
Rules and Regulations
Rolling Start Procedure

Beatmebad
12-05-2015, 23:09
hey ziggy i inboxed you im interested in this very much. SteamID Beatmebad

ZiggyUK
12-05-2015, 23:17
hey ziggy i inboxed you im interested in this very much. SteamID Beatmebad

Just finished reading it, added you to the email group and sent you 3 emails :encouragement:

ZiggyUK
12-05-2015, 23:30
Ok just to give you guys some idea, when we have had one of events in the past we will usually create a poster for it. This then gets put up in the thread and email to the correct email group(s).

Here are some examples from pre-release PRE-ALPHA + BETA events

CPK
13-05-2015, 08:01
Spud MkII

http://funnyfilez.funnypart.com/pictures/FunnyPart-com-mr_potato_man.jpg

Hmm, sensing an anti-Irish bias here lol

Pamellaaa
13-05-2015, 08:09
Thanks for all the info Ziggy, its all come through and is a big help!

Siddo
13-05-2015, 12:39

TeamSpeak Server Details
Rules and Regulations
Rolling Start Procedure

Thanks for the email Ziggy, it's making for an interesting read on the lunch break. Looking forward to Thursdays session.

ZiggyUK
13-05-2015, 13:23
Hmm, sensing an anti-Irish bias here lol

No just too many Pete's at times :) .... and besides that ... we like to take the mickey out of Blackvault at whatever chance we can.

Blackvault
13-05-2015, 13:25
No just too many Pete's at times :) .... and besides that ... we like to take the mickey out of Blackvault at whatever chance we can.

I'll swing the "ban" hammer like Thor!

ZiggyUK
13-05-2015, 15:16
I'll swing the "ban" hammer like Thor!

Bring it ! :D

http://www.welovemoviesmorethanyou.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/the-league-of-extraordinary-gentlemen-original.jpg

R0SSI
13-05-2015, 16:30
hey ziggy i just Emailed you, im interested in this if theres still spaces thanks

Mark Goldfinch
13-05-2015, 17:51
Thank you for the info ziggy, got some reading to do while in the truck.:D

ZiggyUK
13-05-2015, 17:54
hey ziggy i just Emailed you, im interested in this if theres still spaces thanks

You have been added to our db and 3 emails have been forwarded to you

TeamSpeak Server Details
TGC Rules & Regulations
TGC Starting Procedure 2x2 Formation

Rallye_boy
13-05-2015, 17:56

TeamSpeak Server Details
Rules and Regulations
Rolling Start Procedure

Got all 3, cheers. Just hope I did TeamSpeak install correctly.

R0SSI
13-05-2015, 17:58
yep got them thanks

ZiggyUK
13-05-2015, 18:00
A couple of screenshots just because ...

mush
13-05-2015, 20:53
you appear to have lost your 5 ;p

yeah my last nickname got banned when i was banned so.

Umer Ahmad
13-05-2015, 21:15
Little clip from today's Monza race. Nice racing mush

http://youtu.be/cMJrtGVx3uU

ZiggyUK
13-05-2015, 22:43
Good to see you back on the track mu5h .. Thanks Umer for the vid

2bh14hek
13-05-2015, 23:13
Ziggy do u guys stream live or do u have a youtube channel? I don't have a good enough PC to play this game but I've been following u guys' race through Yorkie's channel.
I love this game.

ZiggyUK
13-05-2015, 23:19
Ziggy do u guys stream live or do u have a youtube channel? I don't have a good enough PC to play this game but I've been following u guys' race through Yorkie's channel.
I love this game.

There are plans in place to stream live from varying viewpoints and camera's but that is a little way off as yet.

We have many drivers upload their own videos to youtube but they are usually unlisted as we are still using the original WMD forum as well as this one.

Once we have the leagues back up and running then they will each have their own dedicated thread and contain video footage of all the races.

2bh14hek
13-05-2015, 23:27
Alright. Thanks for replying so soon. cheers

mush
13-05-2015, 23:34
Little clip from today's Monza race. Nice racing mush

http://youtu.be/cMJrtGVx3uU

yea that was good, too bad i didnt have any straight line speed because of a crash infront of me in the start :(

Shinzah
13-05-2015, 23:43
Guys ;-;

I miss you guys ;-;

ZiggyUK
14-05-2015, 00:09
Guys ;-;

I miss you guys ;-;

We miss you too dude. Join us when you can again.

Pamellaaa
14-05-2015, 08:14
Sorry if this has already been covered but I assume tonights racing will be done in a private lobby, who will I need to add on Steam?

Elmo
14-05-2015, 08:35
Sorry if this has already been covered but I assume tonights racing will be done in a private lobby, who will I need to add on Steam?

It will be passworded lobby - we're going announce it in Teamspeak. So no need to add people just yet :)

Pamellaaa
14-05-2015, 08:44
It will be passworded lobby - we're going announce it in Teamspeak. So no need to add people just yet :)

Ideal, thanks. Is there a standard amount of time that you expect people to be online before the start of the races?

Martin G Webb
14-05-2015, 09:03
We do try to be as punctual as possible, where possible I would suggest being in Team Speak 10 minutes before the start of the session, or even earlier if you so desire, some of us will already be there.

CPK
14-05-2015, 11:25
8pm Gmt yeah?

Martin G Webb
14-05-2015, 11:27
8pm Gmt yeah?

8pm (BST) but yeah 8 o'clock tonight

Steve Loader
14-05-2015, 11:43
Hi Ziggy, I know you're busy but I'm not sure if still on your list, didn't get notification for today's race in my email?

CPK
14-05-2015, 14:25
Ok I did some TT on Donnington today for about 30 minutes at got my wee Ginetta round in 1:25.304. I hope that is an ok time compared to everyone else?

wodm
14-05-2015, 14:31
Just making myself known, hello.
Hoping to become a member of TGC soon.

Pamellaaa
14-05-2015, 14:32
Ok I did some TT on Donnington today for about 30 minutes at got my wee Ginetta round in 1:25.304. I hope that is an ok time compared to everyone else?

Not tried that combination yet but I know that I can get the Clio around Brands Hatch Indy (under the time trial conditions) in high 51s for a lap or two until the tyres overheat, then I can do low 52s fairly consistently.

CPK
14-05-2015, 14:39
Hello, welcome to the forum. :)

CPK
14-05-2015, 14:41
Not tried that combination yet but I know that I can get the Clio around Brands Hatch Indy (under the time trial conditions) in high 51s for a lap or two until the tyres overheat, then I can do low 52s fairly consistently.

I'll need to check on my Brands time, I was practicing the GP instead by accident. Will have to test out the Indy.

Pamellaaa
14-05-2015, 14:57
I'll need to check on my Brands time, I was practicing the GP instead by accident. Will have to test out the Indy.

I did a race at Brands GP yesterday in career mode in the Clio, I was doing high 1:38s on a really good lap and mid to low 1:39s the rest of the time if memory serves.

ZiggyUK
14-05-2015, 14:59
Hi Ziggy, I know you're busy but I'm not sure if still on your list, didn't get notification for today's race in my email?

Hi Steve, of course you are still on the list mate.

Tonights event is just a meet and greet for the NewComers Club and not a full TGC drvr race. There is an TGC drvr race on Sunday with 60min race with GT3 and GT4 combo around the Nordschleife. Head over to the WMD Forum [TGC-OFG] thread. I will get an email out for that race though.

ZiggyUK
14-05-2015, 14:59
Thanks Martin & Elmo for picking up the questions here.

wodm
14-05-2015, 15:13
Cheers Ziggy, appreciate it. Off to do some reading lol

ZiggyUK
14-05-2015, 15:16
Just making myself known, hello.
Hoping to become a member of TGC soon.
You have mail

edit: ninja'd

wodm
14-05-2015, 16:21
there is a race tonight yes? what time / car / track? i may need practice ;)
Would this info usually be posted in this thread or do you create new ones for each session?

cluck
14-05-2015, 16:49
Would this info usually be posted in this thread or do you create new ones for each session?See Ziggy's post a little earlier in the thread - link (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?21977-TGC-The-Gentlemen-s-Club-general-chat-area-aka-TGC-Racing&p=910287&viewfull=1#post910287) - tonight is more a 'meet and greet' :)

ZiggyUK
14-05-2015, 17:12
Would this info usually be posted in this thread or do you create new ones for each session?

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?21977-TGC-The-Gentlemen-s-Club-general-chat-area-aka-TGC-Racing&p=892365&viewfull=1#post892365

19:00UTC = 8pm uk BST

G2Wolf
14-05-2015, 18:55
Guess it's too late to try to get in on this?

falcon2081
14-05-2015, 20:23
Rats. Just missed this. I'll be working tomorrow through the weekend. Guess I'll have to wait until next week.

Siddo
14-05-2015, 20:46
Thanks for the entertaining session TGC members and fellow newcomers. Although my pace wasn't half as quick as most i've picked up some changes that i can make to improve my driving style and overall game play. Looking forward to racing again soon.

MarkoBanV
14-05-2015, 21:06
Thanks guys, had a good clean few sessions, looking forward to more...

Herbino
14-05-2015, 21:18
Thanks a lot guys, great fun! Good clean racing for a change!

CPK
14-05-2015, 21:40
Thanks guys. Hope I didn't let you all down with my less than impressive skills on the track. A lot to learn.

Blackvault
14-05-2015, 21:44
Thanks guys, had a good clean few sessions, looking forward to more...

Great to see another Northern Irish man!

Pete

cluck
14-05-2015, 22:02
That was excellent, thank you all. Some very nice driving on display, I can see it's going to be a pleasure driving with some of you guys :). Hope you all had fun and look forward to seeing you all next time :).

My apologies for the abrupt exit at the start of the Brands Hatch session but it is possible that it has proved very valuable in nailing a particularly nasty - though thankfully a not too common - bug.

Thanks of course to Ziggy, but also to Blackvault, Elmo, Hobbs and Martin for the help and warm welcome to everybody :). And also thanks Gopher for holding the fort in TeamSpeak when I had to go grab some food - I believe you got the guy's mic working too, well done fella :) (sorry, I can't remember his name but he has something to do with Openreach!)

Pamellaaa
14-05-2015, 22:25
That was brilliant, a huge thanks to Ziggy and everyone else involved! I had a great battle with Hobnob and Turbo in race 1 at brands and then a few well fought battles in race 2 as well. I look forward to doing that again, brilliant fun!

I am playing most evenings at the moment so will get myself on TS when I am on to try and get some online races.

fourteenbones
14-05-2015, 22:53
Whew, so many posts to read through.
Got a Canadian over here that wants to stick his toe in.
Sent my particulars as instructed.

Stevie_F
14-05-2015, 23:12
Great racing with you all tonight, this is the sort of community I was waiting for. Also I apologise for not speaking much earlier as it was a busy household when we took off.

Looking forward to future races with you all!

P.s - Where do you sign up for future events?

Stevie_F

Alex Hobbs
15-05-2015, 00:12
It's been a really good fun night, everyone had great respect and there were some seriously fast lappers too. A couple of quirks that'll be ironed out in due time (some people going for the cutback on me and realising almost too late that I'd seen it coming ;) ) but I never saw someone go off as a result of someone else's error which is the main thing. All in all I consider the night a success, and I am confident that everyone's attitude and respect are such that they will fit in TGC just fine :)

Had good battles with Owen, Oscar, Pam and a few others throughout the night, and had some fun playing with Dragon and Zillus in the last race too :D

ZiggyUK
15-05-2015, 00:54
Guess it's too late to try to get in on this?
You need to send me an email if you are interested in driving with us. Include your Forum name, steam name and nationality and I will contact you.

ZiggyUK
15-05-2015, 00:55
Great racing with you all tonight, this is the sort of community I was waiting for. Also I apologise for not speaking much earlier as it was a busy household when we took off.

Looking forward to future races with you all!

P.s - Where do you sign up for future events?

Stevie_F

You already have done. Leagues will have their own threads.

ZiggyUK
15-05-2015, 01:05
I would like to say a quick thank you to Elmo, Hobbs, Cluck & Martin for their hard work tonight helping out with the [TGC-NCC].

I would also like to thank the drivers who attended as we all had a great time. A good clean friendly bunch with new friendships made and camaraderie amongst them. Look forward to driving/racing with you all again.

Jordmondo
15-05-2015, 02:12
Just want to say I have watched many of Yorkie's video on YouTube, and love the respect you guys have for each other racing, looks like a really good atmosphere. Have sent an email and hope to maybe see some of you guys on the track :D

Broken Brakes
15-05-2015, 02:52
You tube gently guided me here, hoping to join up for some friendly fun, been sim racing for years n years, decades even, but havt raced on or offline for years just getting back into it. What better place to start?
Email sent.

ZiggyUK
15-05-2015, 03:35
TGC Admin Drivers spotted trying some new idea's out for Sunday :culpability:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43FZqZEUKK4

Briandtx1313
15-05-2015, 04:05
Aw, had to miss this race. Will I be able to join the next one?

G2Wolf
15-05-2015, 04:54
You need to send me an email if you are interested in driving with us. Include your Forum name, steam name and nationality and I will contact you.

I did send an email through the forum, guess it never went through.

Martin G Webb
15-05-2015, 06:54
Massive thank you to everyone that attended last night, great racing and some good racers.

Conversation can be a little difficult over team speak but all did well, listened and followed the instructions given, it's great to see some many new members showing up with so much enthusiasm and willing to embrace the philosophy of the league.

Special mention to Herbino, we had a monumental race around Brands Hatch GP, nip and tuck all the way.

Great evening and I'm really looking forward to seeing our new members fill the grid for many more races to come, outstanding night, thank you all.

wodm
15-05-2015, 09:38
Had a good session last night, cheers and thanks for being so welcoming.
Maybe next time i can stick a decent lap or 2 :)

Siddo
15-05-2015, 10:15
Is there a steam group for us newcomers or a main steam group that we could join for TGC? I'd like to keep in contact with / add the players from last nights session if possible :D

Martin G Webb
15-05-2015, 10:30
Is there a steam group for us newcomers or a main steam group that we could join for TGC? I'd like to keep in contact with / add the players from last nights session if possible :D

There is a TGC Steam Group, (At work so I don't have it available). I'll make sure I get that posted later today. We also have a twitter page that's still being worked on and at some point we hope to have our site up and running.

Short answer shoot me a friends request over steam, (Martin G Webb) and I can pass all the information along. That goes for any of our new or existing members too.

Blackvault
15-05-2015, 10:31
There is a TGC Steam Group, (At work so I don't have it available). I'll make sure I get that posted later today. We also have a twitter page that's still being worked on and at some point we hope to have our site up and running.

Short answer shoot me a friends request over steam, (Martin G Webb) and I can pass all the information along. That goes for any of our new or existing members too.

To be honest, I'm not sure if the Steam chat is used. Most of use Teamspeak and the forums.

Pete

Martin G Webb
15-05-2015, 11:00
To be honest, I'm not sure if the Steam chat is used. Most of use Teamspeak and the forums.

Pete

With the new restrictions being placed on the TS server it might be a good idea to keep the other options open and up to date, Pete ? We don't always have the time or inclination to get on TS as some of us have lots of background going on and we know how annoying that can be for others.

The steam group always felt under used but with NDA it was difficult to put anything useful on there, now we don't have those restrictions it would be wise to keep that updated and usable for the membership, in my humble and not very rational opinion.

Blackvault
15-05-2015, 11:01
With the new restrictions being placed on the TS server it might be a good idea to keep the other options open and up to date, Pete ? We don't always have the time or inclination to get on TS as some of us have lots of background going on and we know how annoying that can be for others.

The steam group always felt under used but with NDA it was difficult to put anything useful on there, now we don't have those restrictions it would be wise to keep that updated and usable for the membership, in my humble and not very rational opinion.

Good point I hadn't considered the Team Speak restriction. I'll put a Trello ticket in the TGC's Admin list to look into increasing it.

Pete

Martin G Webb
15-05-2015, 11:04
Good point I hadn't considered the Team Speak restriction. I'll put a Trello ticket in the TGC's Admin list to look into increasing it.

Pete

You may be the butt of many jibes within TGC but we'd be stuffed without you Pete :p

Blackvault
15-05-2015, 11:05
You may be the butt of many jibes within TGC but we'd be stuffed without you Pete :p

Haha that's true.

Added the Trello task Ziggy and Elmo.

Pete

wodm
15-05-2015, 11:16
you can send event reminders through steam cant you? not overly clued up on steams functions but i am sure they use that feature in the assetto corsa group.

ZiggyUK
15-05-2015, 11:17
Aw, had to miss this race. Will I be able to join the next one?

Yes of course. We shall be holding a "Greet and Meet" every Thursday night for the time being

ZiggyUK
15-05-2015, 11:22
Haha that's true.

Added the Trello task Ziggy and Elmo.

Pete

More work :dejection:

I expect I will live to regret this but here is the Steam Group http://steamcommunity.com/groups/TGC-pCARS

If you add me as a Friend I can invite you into that group. Ziggy UK (http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198042456155/) ofc / same avatar etc.

Martin G Webb
15-05-2015, 11:24
you can send event reminders through steam cant you? not overly clued up on steams functions but i am sure they use that feature in the assetto corsa group.

Yes event information and pretty much anything that isn't 'overly sensitive' could be passed through the steam group, the only issue would be making sure the whole TGC membership was signed up.

Martin G Webb
15-05-2015, 11:26
More work :dejection:

That's what you have Elmo and Pete for Ziggy. You can't run the whole world without minions. :friendly_wink:

ZiggyUK
15-05-2015, 11:30
That's what you have Elmo and Pete for Ziggy. You can't run the whole world without minions. :friendly_wink:

Hang on you are right .. Pete just assigned it to me :eek-new:

ZiggyUK
15-05-2015, 11:32
In the not too distant future "The Gentlemen's Club" aka "TGC Racing" will have own website up and running again, Facebook and Twitter to co-exist with our Steam Group. Just hope I never put the Skype up and you actually have to see me :p

Martin G Webb
15-05-2015, 11:48
On a serious note, in future if I'm online I will try to be in or around the TGC chat/group. With all of the 'Other' things the organisers and senior members have got going on it's unrealistic to expect you guys to cover it, consider this an unwanted, intervention ;)

tankyx
15-05-2015, 11:53
Is there a website or something, so I can sign in a league ? :)

Blackvault
15-05-2015, 11:54
Is there a website or something, so I can sign in a league ? :)

There isn't a website as yet. I'm still writing it from scratch.

Email Ziggy as per this post (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?21977-TGC-The-Gentlemen-s-Club-general-chat-area-aka-TGC-Racing&p=890388&viewfull=1#post890388).

I hope this helps.

Pete

tankyx
15-05-2015, 11:56
There isn't a website as yet. I'm still writing it from scratch.

Email Ziggy as per this post (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?21977-TGC-The-Gentlemen-s-Club-general-chat-area-aka-TGC-Racing&p=890388&viewfull=1#post890388).

I hope this helps.

Pete

Rallye_boy
15-05-2015, 12:00
Massive thank you to everyone that attended last night, great racing and some good racers.

Conversation can be a little difficult over team speak but all did well, listened and followed the instructions given, it's great to see some many new members showing up with so much enthusiasm and willing to embrace the philosophy of the league.

Special mention to Herbino, we had a monumental race around Brands Hatch GP, nip and tuck all the way.

Great evening and I'm really looking forward to seeing our new members fill the grid for many more races to come, outstanding night, thank you all.

Thanks for organising, it was great fun, even in the middle of the pack!! I didn't get rear ended once, which is a first in an online race!!
Looking forward to the next lot of races.

ZiggyUK
15-05-2015, 12:28
On a serious note, in future if I'm online I will try to be in or around the TGC chat/group. With all of the 'Other' things the organisers and senior members have got going on it's unrealistic to expect you guys to cover it, consider this an unwanted, intervention ;)

unwanted, intervention you say

Congratulations on your promotion :triumphant:

Martin G Webb
15-05-2015, 12:28
Thanks for organising, it was great fun, even in the middle of the pack!! I didn't get rear ended once, which is a first in an online race!!
Looking forward to the next lot of races.

Stu, it was great to have you and the others there even if you did have a few issues with your mic. We'll have more of Ziggy's 'Meet and Greet' sessions along with more 'Welcome' events until all of the new members are comfortable taking part in their chosen league.

Martin G Webb
15-05-2015, 12:29
unwanted, intervention you say

Congratulations on your promotion :triumphant:

Now that is a decision you could live to regret but thank you.

ZiggyUK
15-05-2015, 12:31
I am sure you will do us proud Martin :encouragement:

CPK
15-05-2015, 12:33
I was happy to sit in the pits and monitor the telemetry of the fastest Guys so I could see where to save time On Donnington. Looking forward to next time already.

Cleps
15-05-2015, 12:48
Hi everyone! I just realized there was a new thread for the public part of the forum. That must explain why I missed few thing lately.

Thanks for organising the race and welcome to all the new members. It's always good to join some competitive and fun races. Congratz to everyone for racing this clean!

As promised, you won't hear "ding ding" from TS anymore (at least because of me). I'm not confident enough with spoken english and microphone chatting, so you didn't hear me much yesterday. But, that may change^^

Blackvault
15-05-2015, 12:50
Hi everyone! I just realized there was a new thread for the public part of the forum. That must explain why I missed few thing lately.

Thanks for organising the race and welcome to all the new members. It's always good to join some competitive and fun races. Congratz to everyone for racing this clean!

As promised, you won't hear "ding ding" from TS anymore (at least because of me). I'm not confident enough with spoken english and microphone chatting, so you didn't hear me much yesterday. But, that may change^^

Hey Cleps! Great to finally hear you, though I will miss the "ding dings". :)

Pete

Pamellaaa
15-05-2015, 12:54
What do us newbies need to do to get added to the Steam group?

Blackvault
15-05-2015, 12:59

Give me your bank details and sort code :)

ZiggyUK
15-05-2015, 13:10
Add "Martin G Webb" and/or "Ziggy UK" as friends in Steam.

Pamellaaa
15-05-2015, 13:13
Give me your bank details and sort code :)

Done!

Will do tonight, thanks!

wodm
15-05-2015, 13:15
Add "Martin G Webb" and/or "Ziggy UK" as friends in Steam.added you, bang us an invite to group when your next on if you don't mind
Just sent request to martin too

Cleps
15-05-2015, 13:26

Is there a steam group? If so I didn't even know :o

Siddo
15-05-2015, 13:56
I was happy to sit in the pits and monitor the telemetry of the fastest Guys so I could see where to save time On Donnington. Looking forward to next time already.

I was doing the same, it was interesting to see the racing lines that others took and their braking markers etc. Definitely helped improve my laps in terms of flow.

Herbino
15-05-2015, 14:49

Monumental indeed! And it was excellent racing so close to someone you could trust to give you room and not rear end you whilst battling hard all the way!

Coming from iracing I was getting fed up with the public servers but last night gave me hope that pcars is going to be great fun!

CPK
15-05-2015, 14:54
I think I was only in one little bump last night when someone forgot the chicane was coming up and then forgot to break whilst heading inside lol :rolleyes:

Rallye_boy
15-05-2015, 15:56

Done.

Rallye_boy
15-05-2015, 16:00
Stu, it was great to have you and the others there even if you did have a few issues with your mic. We'll have more of Ziggy's 'Meet and Greet' sessions along with more 'Welcome' events until all of the new members are comfortable taking part in their chosen league.

Cheers, it was frustrating with no mic especially coming from a console gaming background and being used to it all working ;-) I will endeavour to get it sorted for next time.

After a few laps I started to enjoy the Ginetta, I will get used to it with practice.

doubledragoncc
15-05-2015, 16:33
Was a great night, thanks to all on track. That was the best fun I have ever had and it was all clean and well organized. Thanks Ziggy and the others for spending time to help us NOOBS. Love my L plate NOT!! lol

DD

Martin G Webb
15-05-2015, 16:35
TGC Steam group invites have gone out to -

Rallye Boy
Wodm
Notorious

Any issues or problems with the steam group/chat/page please let me know.

Zanilos
15-05-2015, 16:37
Can you throw an invite to me as well... Either Zanilos or plastow99... can never remember.

Cheers.

ZiggyUK
15-05-2015, 16:52
Earlier I sent a number of invites as well but I shall now leave this up to Martin to do in future so remember to include Martin G Webb on your friends list.

Will Fly
15-05-2015, 16:58

im sure you had to eat your hat or something when you got your mic;)

wodm
15-05-2015, 17:27
TGC Steam group invites have gone out to -

Rallye Boy
Wodm
Notorious

Any issues or problems with the steam group/chat/page please let me know.Will do fella

Pamellaaa
15-05-2015, 17:34
I have now added Ziggy and Martin as Steam Friends.

Martin G Webb
15-05-2015, 17:38
All other invites have now gone out to those that have added me, if I've missed you out please let know.

Pamellaaa
15-05-2015, 17:42
All other invites have now gone out to those that have added me, if I've missed you out please let know.

Thanks,

I have gone through and added a bunch of people from last nights racing. I might have missed anyone so anyone who wants to add me feel free!

MisterO
15-05-2015, 17:59
@Martin G Webb: Added you as well if you don't mind.

ExiZt3nc3
15-05-2015, 18:35
Ive added you as well, I'd be up for some gentlemens racing club ;)

ExiZt3nc3
15-05-2015, 19:30
You guys racing tonight, can you add me to your group ?

TwistedNav
15-05-2015, 20:17
Hello everyone, thought I'd introduce myself. I am a long-time, if sometimes absent member of TGC, and I can honestly say that this group is responsible for the best racing I have taken part in. Regardless of ability, as long as you have the right attitude, you will be welcomed with open arms.

There are some immensely knowledgeable people in the group who are invariably very happy to share their experience and wisdom. The best bunch of guys I have come across on the internet, so get stuck in and get the most out of this wonderful racing sim.

Cheers everyone! :D

NemethR
15-05-2015, 21:24
I sent a e-mail to Ziggy in hopes, that I could join, The Gentleman's Club.

I been following your races before release on youtube (thanks to Yorkie065), and I was hoping i can race with you guys one day.

KamyKaze1098
16-05-2015, 00:56
Sent mail to ziggy today.

Looking forward for some casual racing and maybe some leagues ;)

ZiggyUK
16-05-2015, 02:39
I am receiving the emails guys so don't worry. To give you some idea I received 15 application emails in the last 24 hours so you are definitely keeping me busy :eagerness:

So as not to swap the TGC with a continuous influx of drivers daily we are holding "Meet & Greet" events every Thursday night at 19:00 UTC for you new guys. I shall start sending the emails you need beforehand ie TeamSpeak details, our start procedure and regulations but this will not be until the start of a new week.

Once you are attended an introductory Thursday evening and get some idea from there what we are about and the way we do things then you will be able to start joining in events that are either specifically set up for just New-Comers or with the main TGC group of drivers you have seen in Yorkies vids for instance.

Please bear with us as we actually do know what we are doing. If it means you have to wait for 6 days for the Thursday to come around I am pretty sure the guys who have attended the [TGC-NCC] already will tell you that it is worth that short period.

If there is a reason you are never able to make a Thursday night, i.e. night shift worker, then please make us aware and we can arrange a 1:1 at a time to suit you better. The guys from the USA who are not able to join due to work and time zone differences I am sorting something out for you at the moment and will email you at a later date (assuming you included that you were from the USA/Canada in your email).

With the level of clean drivers I have seen so far there are great races & leagues ahead of us.

ZiggyUK
16-05-2015, 02:45

Remember to get on TeamSpeak early as Owen (& maybe Oscar I think it was) will be there to help you with your setups and I am sure have a few practice laps for fun.

We are still unsure whether the NCC will drive in the main [TGC-OFG] lobby or whether we will hold our own lobby under the [TGC-NCC] banner. Everything depends on the number of drivers and the number of grid spots.

Elmo
16-05-2015, 07:23
I'll be there at least an hour in advance on Sunday, hosting practice sessions and helping you out with any issues.

If you wonder which car to take: The Aston Martin GT4 is a good starting point, since its very capable of taking the ring in default trim. Great fun too (I chose it for our last 90 minute race).

Attention to all drivers: Make sure to lower the default tire pressures on all cars, since we also drive a bit through the night and tires tend to get quite cold. Especially after driving down the Döttinger Höhe (the long, long straight).

Siddo
16-05-2015, 07:45
Sounds good to me! Going to start getting some practice in to learn the track.
Might jump onto teamspeak later if any of the other members are about.

Andre Michel
16-05-2015, 08:12

Greetings from the Best piece of Street in the world :)

christopher_p
16-05-2015, 12:14
Just did a few practice laps with the GT4 Aston Martin on the Nordschleife and boy, it's fun to drive :onthego: . Wish i had found you guys earlier to be able to take part in this...
Already sent Ziggy a mail yesterday, so maybe i can be in the next (newcomer-)race.

Have a good weekend!

c.

CPK
16-05-2015, 16:07
I'm terrible at this track. I want to get involved but I might be a liability.

Martin G Webb
16-05-2015, 16:10

You're not alone, I've just spent the better part of the day trying to get a valid lap around this nightmare :hopelessness: The only thing I can drag around there without killing it is the BMW M3 GT3 and I hate that too.

Notorious
16-05-2015, 16:32
For those excited for tomorrows race, here's a live stream of the 24 hours Nordschleife race that's going on right now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkYITD0mNEE

Pamellaaa
16-05-2015, 17:25
Do the rules allow for the guiding line to be used? I have never got on with the Nordschliefe in the past but I am going to have to learn the track at some point, I did an outlap in the Aston GT4 just now and it was more manageable than I was expecting so I might give it a go tomorrow.

ZiggyUK
16-05-2015, 17:57
Do the rules allow for the guiding line to be used? I have never got on with the Nordschliefe in the past but I am going to have to learn the track at some point, I did an outlap in the Aston GT4 just now and it was more manageable than I was expecting so I might give it a go tomorrow.

You can if you find it usefull to you > just do not upload any videos as it looks crap with that line on. Personally I find the line off putting but if it helps you then yes you may use it

ZiggyUK
16-05-2015, 18:03

You know our ethos. Be involved and give it a try. If you know you are a liability then do something about it .... what you going to do?

1. Get on TeamSpeak so the other guys can help you with your setup

2. Practice (maybe with a ghost that you are comfortable with)

3. Drive slower so that you can keep control of the vehicle.

Remember you do not have to be the fastest on the track with TGC that is not what we are about.

If you need more help then one of the TGC admin staff will drive the same car as you and you can follow our lines. If we need to we will slow down so not as to loose you on the track. We honestly do not mind.

Timmynator
16-05-2015, 18:12
Remember you do not have to be the fastest on the track with TGC that is not what we are about.

Some of our resident weirdos would beg to differ :D (I'm not one of those, not fast enough for that)

If we need to we will slow down so not as to loose you on the track. We honestly do not mind.

Ziggy's right, we've got enough people who'll go any speed as long as it's fun :)

Pamellaaa
16-05-2015, 19:07
You can if you find it usefull to you > just do not upload any videos as it looks crap with that line on. Personally I find the line off putting but if it helps you then yes you may use it

Generally speaking I don't use it when I know roughly which way a track goes but I have never got that familiar with the Nordschliefe, I used to use the link all the time in GT6 for braking points and I am now only using it when I don't know a track and don't have time to learn it. If I am allowed to use that then I will do my best to get online tomorrow night!

I did enjoy the Aston though!

ZiggyUK
16-05-2015, 19:46
Then we shall see you Sunday Pamellaaa. You did the basic training session on Thursday so you know what to expect .... a realistic, immersive, fun race :)

wodm
16-05-2015, 20:14
i have played the Nordschliefe many times but never learned it. im going on now to practice for tomorrow.
I am sure i will know it a bit better after 10 laps ;)

Pamellaaa
16-05-2015, 20:30
Then we shall see you Sunday Pamellaaa. You did the basic training session on Thursday so you know what to expect .... a realistic, immersive, fun race :)

I do and I can't wait!

ZiggyUK
16-05-2015, 20:41
remember to run with realistic aids under gameplay options whilst you practice.

Pamellaaa
16-05-2015, 20:44
Oh yeah, I was running with all off earlier so hopefully a bit easier tomorrow.

ZiggyUK
16-05-2015, 20:44
i have played the Nordschliefe many times but never learned it. im going on now to practice for tomorrow.
I am sure i will know it a bit better after 10 laps ;)

Don't forget you can go in TeamSpeak and practice with others there.

Click on my signature below (that just sounds wrong) to see who is online

MisterO
16-05-2015, 21:07
Is it too late for me to join the Nordschleife-race tomorrow or can I still join?

MysticTurbo
17-05-2015, 10:02
morning all

I spoke with a few of you guys on Thursday and we had a great evening.
I offered to help as many of you as I can to set up your cars and hopefully understand how to do it yourselves in future.
I have had a play with all the gt3 cars on nord and for people that struggle with consistency I would use one of the following cars (I have won races from being consistent rather than the fastest)

Aston Martin GT3 - Due to engine location and drive type it is front end heavy which makes it understeer more than it would over steer which as standard would make it a car that you could be a lot more consistent in. Its stable under braking and responds well to setting changes. I will post a stable setup later. also note that visibility is not very good in this car.

BMW Z4 GT3 - I was surprised how stable and balanced this car was for a front engine rear drive car but its obvious why its so popular online. It can struggle in bumpy sections and can turn around on you but with a few adjustments to suspension and alignment this can be massively reduced.

SLS GT3 - a similar story to the Aston and generally it is an easy car to drive out of the box but when pushing for lap times you will have to solves its understeer issues. Due to engine type it seems to have very short gears and you may find yourself hitting the limiter a lot expecting it have a few more revs in it.

R8 GT3 - for a mid engine car this is pretty stable through bumps and fast direction changes which is what a mid engine car can suffer with. I didn't have to adjust much on this to stabilize it.

RUF GT3 - I don't think I adjusted anything other than tire pressures for this, great car, need adjusting to the driving style though.

I would avoid the following.

Ginetta - this could be fast on some circuits but on the bumpy ass Nordschleife it is very tricky. brake bias has to be pretty far forward to stop it spinning around under braking and its a car that likes to float.

BMW M3 GT - again on smooth circuits this could be very quick but it will take a lot of work to make it stable on fast bumps mid corner and in the braking zones.

McLaren GT3 - I love this car on spa but its a bit twitchy on Nord and struggles with bumps.

Through the course of the day im going to upload some setups for each car. These setups are based on how I drive, everyone is different and may take a different approach to tuning an undesired characteristic out of the car. Please feel free to comment on setups if you found something was not to your liking or if you have improved it yourself.

Nordscheife!

I have been on this track twice in real life and it is as bumpy, narrow and daunting as it is in the game. Cars need to be setup to manage the insane amount of bumps and non stop cornering. Keeping tire temps down on some parts of the circuit is pretty tricky. To be good at this track you need to find a car you are most comfortable in. My advice is get in a standard setup car and go for it, see how far you get before something goes wrong, some cars you will lose by corners 6 or 7 and others you may make an entire lap. Once you have warmed to one try my setup or your own. Be patient with setups and only change one thing at a time, one change can effect a lot of other components. after I have stopped slippery front and back ends I wont change anything until I have the car at its limit on corners otherwise I wouldn't see any difference if I'm not hitting my turn in, apex and track out points. Avoid Kerbs and be very careful in the carousel!

Final point. I am about all day and if people want to do a practice session early doors to sort out a car then let me know.

Siddo
17-05-2015, 10:15
MysticTurbo,
Thanks for the info above, i'd be up for some practice sessions later. I've been doing a few rather unsuccessful laps around the whole track and have now started doing stage 1,2 & 3 separately to break it down and hopefully learn the track a little better.

All i need to do is like you say, find a comfortable car and hopefully tweak the setup to suit my pirouette driving style haha

Pamellaaa
17-05-2015, 10:16
Thanks mystic, I am going to try to get myself online early afternoon for some practice so will jump on Teamspeak and ask all those annoying questions I will no doubt have.

MysticTurbo
17-05-2015, 10:22
im happy to help pamellaaaaaaaaaa

MysticTurbo
17-05-2015, 10:23
here are the setups, please remember that this is only a quick setup to make the car a bit more stable on this circuit.

MysticTurbo
17-05-2015, 10:28
I will have a room online with 4x90 min sessions running from 1200

room name - owens practice
password - gents (lowercase)

I will be on team speak as well but may not always be there.

Siddo
17-05-2015, 10:38
I will have a room online with 4x90 min sessions running from 1200

room name - owens practice
password - gents (lowercase)

I will be on team speak as well but may not always be there.

Thanks, i'll try and get on.

MysticTurbo
17-05-2015, 11:06
im in TGC-NCC vehicle setups on team speak

Broken Brakes
17-05-2015, 11:18
You tube gently guided me here, hoping to join up for some friendly fun, been sim racing for years n years, decades even, but havt raced on or offline for years just getting back into it. What better place to start?
Email sent.
Not heard anything here, email sent Friday, not a problem right now tho, my antique of a pc gives me about 5fps on pcars with 1 car on track so will have to stick to race for now, at least till i get a decent GPU anyway!

You can call me Arnie.

I`ll be back.

FPSNige
17-05-2015, 12:59
Email sent! Hoping to give you folks a look, desperate to find some clean racers, youll see me in the slow lane :barbershop_quartet_

Stevie_F
17-05-2015, 14:57
Just a quick question? isn't it GT3 and GT4? Multiclass or separate races?

Stevie_F

Elmo
17-05-2015, 15:00
Just a quick question? isn't it GT3 and GT4? Multiclass or separate races?

Stevie_F

I'm planning on Mulitclass race. Depending on how many people show up we may split it into two separate races.

ZiggyUK
17-05-2015, 15:00
A huge thank you to MysticTurbo (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/member.php?98525-MysticTurbo)for his excellent work here with the setups. This exactly what the TGC is about.

Really looking forward to being on the track tonight with the drivers from last Thursdays practice session.

To all those that have sent emails do not worry I have received them. You will receive emails from me on Monday about the Thursday 19:00 UTC Meet & Greet session.

Stevie_F
17-05-2015, 15:03
I'm planning on Mulitclass race. Depending on how many people show up we may split it into two separate races.

Cheers Elmo, I wasn't sure as I seen Mystic put out a few setups for all the GT3 cars so I presumed you dropped GT4. I'll be there later in my Ginetta GT4 then, god help me!

Stevie_F