PDA

View Full Version : [PS4] Fanatec hardware discussion thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

sander
07-05-2015, 22:51
On the GTPlanet forums there is a lot of chat and complaining about the support with the Fanatec wheels, for example, i reads my GT3 RS V2 as the Turbo wheel, also i have a massive deadzone, there are more problems and i will send some of the people to explain theyr problems here. I hope you can resolve the problems really quickly because this is not what i hoped for.

GrimeyDog's latest FFB Tweakers (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?38744-Lets-talk-FFB-Post-and-Compare-short-Telemetry-Videos-and-what-FFB-tweek-used&p=1111504&viewfull=1#post1111504)

tommozza
07-05-2015, 23:06
Things I've noticed on the Fanatec GT2 wheel and CS Elite pedals on PS4

- GT2 wheel being recognised as the Turbo wheel
- Run in PC mode is the only way to use the wheel, but then you don't get the playstation buttons light up on the wheel so thats quite annoying bashing your way around
- If run in PS3 mode, the game freezes / lags until you turn off the wheel
- MASSIVE dead zone around the steering centre and I can't seem to calibrate in game like on PC(?). I put it in 'Drift 1' on the steering wheel settings and its better, but far from ideal..
- Force feedback seems just a tad NQR right now. Not enough of it and almost impossible to correct oversteer etc...
- I've been using the paddles instead of the clutch but i hear others reporting a clutch problem.

Desperately needs a fix as the game is somewhere between 'frustrating' and 'unplayable' in present state.

I should note, the graphics etc I'm enjoying! Its just being let down with the wheel compatibility at the moment….

WadeOhh
07-05-2015, 23:07
Thanks for setting up this thread :)

Here are a list of the issues I've found so far. PS4 with a Fanatec CSR wheel w/CSR Elite pedals. Boy do I have some issues. I've been noting them down on a piece of paper as I play.

Game will not recognise the clutch pedal.

Unless you assign a button to the clutch, when you go out on track, the clutch will be engaged (even with auto clutch turned on) so you go nowhere and the engine just revs with no drive (could be solved with fixing the above issue, getting the game to recognise the clutch pedal).

If I calibrate the pedals, I loose L2 and R2 functionality in menus, which is kind of crucial for navigating around.

(Not sure if this one is wheel specific) - Some of the sliders behave very weird. Some go up in increments of 1, some in 5, and some in 10. Steering config goes up in increments of 5, which is really annoying (who wants a deadzone of either 0 or 5). The difficulty slider only goes up in increments of 10! Whats the point of having difficulty between 0 - 100? Just make it 0 - 10 if its going to be like that?
Edit: I got a little fed up with the PS4 version and also bought the PC version (even though my PC doesn't run it very well). Using a mouse to adjust the sliders is completely consistent and eliminates all these weird slider issues that you get in the PS4 version. I'm guessing these slider increment issues are caused by using a directional button as opposed to a mouse.

Once in a session, how do you scroll the leaderboard with a wheel (on a controller, it seems to be the right thumbstick).
Very low priority.

Below about 10km/h, or when stationary, the FFB in the wheel seems to invert. If you turn it slightly from center, it will CRANK to one side with a tonne of force (when this happened, I wasn't expecting it and it took my thumb with it. I seriously thought I'd broken my thumb. It went with such force). When you pull the wheel back to center and past center in the other direction, it will crank full lock to that direction too. Like I said, its like the FFB becomes inverted (it should be noted I have 0 deadzone).
Edit: Doesn't seem to be an issue on the PC version so I'm guessing this is some sort of PS4 bug.

Not a bug, but a big nice to have... On PS4, with a wheel, obviously you are limited somewhat on buttons real estate, so please, can we not make it required to have the 'handbrake' and the 'look back' buttons bound to buttons? I (and I'm sure most) NEVER use the handbrake, and for the look back button, we have mirrors. Make these buttons optional. I would love to be able to free these 2 buttons up for other things.

Still finding things as I play, but these are the ones I've found so far. Will update if and when I find more.

its_Tricky83
07-05-2015, 23:43
Here's a link to the exact issue which a lot of people are experiencing.
https://youtu.be/TqM3BcREKOo
(https://youtu.be/TqM3BcREKOo)

Cheers,
Tricky83

BabaBooey
08-05-2015, 02:57

- Run in PC mode is the only way to use the wheel, but then you don't get the playstation buttons light up on the wheel so thats quite annoying bashing your way around
- MASSIVE dead zone around the steering centre and I can't seem to calibrate in game like on PC(?). I put it in 'Drift 1' on the steering wheel settings and its better, but far from ideal..
- Force feedback seems just a tad NQR right now. Not enough of it and almost impossible to correct oversteer etc...
- I've been using the paddles instead of the clutch but i hear others reporting a clutch problem.

Desperately needs a fix as the game is somewhere between 'frustrating' and 'unplayable' in present state.

I should note, the graphics etc I'm enjoying! Its just being let down with the wheel compatibility at the moment….

Mine is also being shown as a turbo wheel and I have to adjust the button assignments every time I start the game. I also can't seem to get the FFB to feel right.

pietrogiulia
08-05-2015, 03:05
Thanks for the video. I too am having trouble connecting my GT3 RS wheel to my PS4, although I suspect it's because I need the new firmware. Nonetheless, the more people that register their issues, the better chance we have of a fix!

Sik180sx
08-05-2015, 04:16
Yes issues here for me too on a 911 turbo s

•massive deadzone
•no wheel image in controller settings
•can't map buttons properly
•no calibration options

Oh did i mention the deadzone?lol i did that's right,but i would love to see these things fixed,as i'm sure many others would also :) cheers guys,great job on the game so far and keep up the great work :)

rolfu
08-05-2015, 05:01
Yes issues here for me too on a 911 turbo s

•massive deadzone
•no wheel image in controller settings
•can't map buttons properly
•no calibration options

Oh did i mention the deadzone?lol i did that's right,but i would love to see these things fixed,as i'm sure many others would also :) cheers guys,great job on the game so far and keep up the great work :)

I have exactly the same problem...:frown-new:!

fuzzmeisterr
08-05-2015, 06:09
Yep, Also having the no clutch issue here -
Ps4
Fanatec CSR - Latest firmware (updated yesterday)
Clubsport Pedals

Lack of strength in the force feedback (may just be a setting needs turning up, haven't played a heap with it)

Haven't noticed any other issues at this stage

jeygopi
08-05-2015, 06:57
Have a Porsche 911 GT2 Wheel AU

Wheel instantly causes game to have extreme lag and be unplayable (Measured framerate of 0.05-0.1 as compared to when played with a controller of 56-58fps (on average)). I was really looking forward to playing this with a wheel, dissapointing seeing as I got the wheel only for this game, and it doesnt work with the exact game I wanted to get it for, hope SMS releases a patch soon or something.

Contacted fanatec, said it was a problem in SMS side.

I've tried running the wheel on ps3 mode, and even xbox mode, unresponsive in both, the controls actually work in PC mode.

Voxalizer
08-05-2015, 06:58
I own both a standard CSR and a CSR Elite wheel. They are on separate PS4 consoles. On both wheels the clutch does not work, it has to be unassigned in order to be able to drive a car properly.

The CSR Elite is currently on firmware version 737, for the most part it seems to be working fine so far. It does however get recognized by the game as a standard CSR. If this affects anything other than the picture in the controller settings menu, I don't know.

About the standard CSR wheel:
- When I first booted up the game while the standard CSR was connected the game was lagging terribly. For example: ~10+ minutes stuck on the starting credits, very slow menu transitions. FIX: I fixed this by updating the firmware on the CSR wheel to version 756. See Fanatec.com for more information on how to upgrade your firmware.
- There seems to be a deadzone around the center that I cannot remove by tweaking the ingame settings
- FFB seems pretty weak even when set to maximum on both the ingame settings and on the wheels' settings.

My biggest issue when using a wheel with the game is maybe not purely a Fanatec issue but very annoying regardless: DS4 controllers arent usable in the ingame menu's while a wheel is connected. Tuning cars, using photomode, managing an online lobby, etc. Menu navigation is so much better with a controller. Please, please find a way to fix this!

Sik180sx
08-05-2015, 07:01

Wheel instantly causes game to have extreme lag and be unplayable (Measured framerate of 0.05-0.1 as compared to when played with a controller of 56-58fps (on average)). I was really looking forward to playing this with a wheel, dissapointing seeing as I got the wheel only for this game, and it doesnt work with the exact game I wanted to get it for, hope SMS releases a patch soon or something.

I've tried running the wheel on ps3 mode, and even xbox mode, unresponsive in both, the controls actually work in PC mode.
It needs to be run in pc mode.Oh and you need to upgrade the firmware to 756

jeygopi
08-05-2015, 07:19
Well, I did try to update the firmware, and it almost cost me the entire wheel, the firmware update didn't get past phase 1, it was stuck and didnt want to flash.

Sik180sx
08-05-2015, 07:25
There are some guidelines to firmware upgrades,it's been that long since i done mine,maybe 2 years,but the wheel can be pretty fussy,google is your friend my friend.If i could remember the details i'd help you through but i can't mate,sorry.

jeygopi
08-05-2015, 07:26
There are some guidelines to firmware upgrades,it's been that long since i done mine,maybe 2 years,but the wheel can be pretty fussy,google is your friend my friend.If i could remember the details i'd help you through but i can't mate,sorry.

All good mate, at least I know whats causing it, cheers :)

TheLethalDose
08-05-2015, 07:35
Im disappointed I bought a Fanatec wheel for PS4 just for pcars and it is buggy as hell.

Keeps reverting back to stock button config whenever you restart the game which means goodbye DRS, KERS, ignition etc. How did SMS in their infinite wisdom never assig buttons to them as default?

Gabba73
08-05-2015, 07:52
Reposted here from WMD official forum.

Hi, I am a PC and PS4 Project Cars owner.
I have a Fanatec Porsche 911 GT2 Porsche wheel and there are big issues with the ps4 version of the game.
I could try the difference of the wheel support on both version of the game and the ps4 support is very bad.
The wheel in the PS4 version is recognized as Fanatec Porsche 911 Turbo but beyond this slighty error the wheel appear to works as a gamepad; we haven't the calibration option and FF option as in Pc version; in the command assignement menu pedal and wheel are recognized as "stick".
The ps4 game does not automatically adjust degree of the wheel steering lock and you have to change manually through the wheel tuning setup (SEN) every time you change cars tipology (PC version of the game once you have calibrated the wheel with maximum degree (900°) automatically adjust it car to car).
Moreover there is a big dead zone in the center of wheel that can not be eliminated any menu or/and wheel option you try to change.

Following photos of ps4 and PC menus to show how different the wheel is recognized and how buggy fanatec support on PS4 seems to be.

Pc Version with calibration andd FF menu
https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5328/17398629802_fb44ed2f20_c.jpg

PS4 Version without advanced menu for wheel
https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5465/17193148787_711f8b073a_c.jpg

Pc version: wheel and pedals are recognized as axes
https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7743/17374627106_06f88a4b4d_c.jpg

PS4 version: wheel and pedal are recognized as gamepad stick ("levette")
https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7671/17398624682_393a33dda7_c.jpg

Some notes to add:
I have reinstalled the last firmware on the wheel (752 as in signature), I start the game by pressing "X" on the wheel in PC mode, PS4 is update with last firmware.
I think developers should be informed about these problems because every Fanatec user

Moreover last night I had 5 game crash while I play with Fanatec GT2. I had crash both online and in single player.
Game stopped responding but PS4 still worked and I could stop the application and go in dashboard.
After these crasches I tried with pad and I had no problems.

For every crash PS4 reports error CE-34878-0 caused by Project Cars application.

Sik180sx
08-05-2015, 07:59
Please please please SMS can you fix this?

Fong74
08-05-2015, 08:05
Here is a list of Fanatec issues from our racing community:

1. [CSW V1/V2] FFb strength is set to 100 by default. It feels like the 50 from the PC version (Work-Around: set a higher value than 26 for the FFb strength in the car setup section; remember: this is done on a car basis)
2. [CSW V1/V2, GT3 V2] There is noticeable cogging around the neutral position of the wheel. It is not present on the PC. (Work-Around: None)
3. [CSW V1/V2] FFb disappears occasionally (Work-Around: turn the wheel off and on while in a menue; alternatively you can leave a gema mode and re-enter; both solve this isuue)
4. [CSW V1/V2] Assigning buttons fails with error message about not all major functions being assigned (Work-Around: re-start the game and wheel and assign buttons after that; in worst cases assign one button at one time, leave the setup screen and re-enter for the next button assignment)
5. [CSW V1/V2] Paddles are inverted after button assignments have taken place (Work-Around: assign the paddles inverted which makes them work ingame properly again; the message will remain correct within the setup screen whatever paddle you assign, dont bother)
6. [CSW V1/V2] While choosing liveries the selection always hops by two clicks forward and backward; the user is able to select only 50% of the available liveries (Work-Around: none)
7. [CSW V1/V2] The naming used for assignments for the left analogue stick says "Right Stick" (Work-Around: none)
8. SOLVED! [GT3 V2] Game lags very hard while playing (Work-Around: Do not put the wheel into PS3-mode; upgrade to newest firmware)
9. [Alle Wheels] By calibrating the pedals you loose the option to use brake/throttle pedals as L1/R2 buttons which are crucial for navigating the menues (Work-Around: do not calibrate your pedals, they should work just fine without it anyway; if you did a calibration and lost L1/R1 restart the game and wheel)
10. [CSW V1/V2, Handbrake] CSW V2 handbrake does not work (Work-Around: none)
11. [CSW V1/V2, CSS] CSS does not work in sequential mode (Work-Around: none)

sander
08-05-2015, 08:27
Here is a list of Fanatec issues from our racing community:

1. [CSW V1/V2] FFb strength is set to 100 by default. It feels like the 50 from the PC version (Work-Around: set a higher value than 26 for the FFb strength in the car setup section; remember: this is done on a car basis)
2. [CSW V1/V2] There is noticeable cogging around the neutral position of the wheel. It is not present on the PC. (Work-Around: None)
3. [CSW V1/V2] FFb disappears occasionally (Work-Around: turn the wheel off and on while in a menue; alternatively you can leave a gema mode and re-enter; both solve this isuue)
4. [CSW V1/V2] Assigning buttons fails with error message about not all major functions being assigned (Work-Around: re-start the game and wheel and assign buttons after that; in worst cases assign one button at one time, leave the setup screen and re-enter for the next button assignment)
5. [CSW V1/V2] Paddles are inverted after button assignments have taken place (Work-Around: assign the paddles inverted which makes them work ingame properly again; the message will remain correct within the setup screen whatever paddle you assign, dont bother)
6. [CSW V1/V2] While choosing liveries the selection always hops by two clicks forward and backward; the user is able to select only 50% of the available liveries (Work-Around: none)
7. [CSW V1/V2] The naming used for assignments for the left analogue stick says "Right Stick" (Work-Around: none)
8. SOLVED! [GT3 V2] Game lags very hard while playing (Work-Around: Do not put the wheel into PS3-mode; upgrade to newest firmware)
9. [Alle Wheels] By calibrating the pedals you loose the option to use brake/throttle pedals as L1/R2 buttons which are crucial for navigating the menues (Work-Around: do not calibrate your pedals, they should work just fine without it anyway; if you did a calibration and lost L1/R1 restart the game and wheel)

You might want to make 2 for both that wheel and the GT3 V2 :P.

Also, thank you all for posting your problems, i hope that SMS checks this thread soon and fix all the issues, and SMS I am verry willing to help with testing new settings when they are implemented.

Gabba73
08-05-2015, 08:52
I just did few test that dimostrate that Fanatec Porsche GT2 ( and looking around all Fanatec 911 wheel) support for PS4 is only buggy.
I forcedly install CSR firmware on my GT2; in this way the wheel in game is recognized as Fanatec CSR and all wheel and FF menu are accessible so you can calibrate wheel and pedals and properly configure FF.
I made a quick test and dead zone seems gone, unfortuantely all buttons are wrong mapped and you can use GT2 in this way because the clutch in game is always engaged.

Anyway this test shows that Fanatec wheel support in game should well done if it works correctly.

Hoping in a patch that risolve the 911 issue asap.

sander
08-05-2015, 08:58
I just did few test that dimostrate that Fanatec Porsche GT2 ( and looking around all Fanatec 911 wheel) support for PS4 is only buggy.
I forcedly install CSR firmware on my GT2; in this way the wheel in game is recognized as Fanatec CSR and all wheel and FF menu are accessible so you can calibrate wheel and pedals and properly configure FF.
I made a quick test and dead zone seems gone, unfortuantely all buttons are wrong mapped and you can use GT2 in this way because the clutch in game is always engaged.

Anyway this test shows that Fanatec wheel support in game should well done if it works correctly.

So basically, if we all ware to put CSR firmware on our wheels we would be fine?

dhevans79
08-05-2015, 08:58

That's quite a test, and more than I'm willing to risk to try to get the GT2 working! Kudos to your efforts. Hopefully, SMS can use your input to get a patch out quickly.

Gabba73
08-05-2015, 09:17
So basically, if we all ware to put CSR firmware on our wheels we would be fine?
I just did it for test and thanks to it I understand that 911 support is buggy but easily solvable because CSR (same hardware) just works fine.
I don't suggest to change GT2 firmware with CSR because you could brick the wheel and also because the button are mapped in different way and you can't play PJC as lack of many main buttons (that you can't remap) and bacause in game the clutch is always engaged whetever you do.

pjrblue
08-05-2015, 09:29
I just did it for test and thanks to it I understand that 911 support is buggy but easily solvable because CSR (same hardware) just works fine.
I don't suggest to change GT2 firmware with CSR because you could brick the wheel and also because the button are mapped in different way and you can't play PJC as lack of many main buttons (that you can't remap) and bacause in game the clutch is always engaged whetever you do.

The CSR also has that problem, you need to remap the clutch button to R3/L3 for example. Try that and the wheel probably will work.
What are the missing buttons?

Gabba73
08-05-2015, 09:38
The CSR also has that problem, you need to remap the clutch button to R3/L3 for example. Try that and the wheel probably will work.

No way because the Frankenstein GT2 can't navigate through menu to remap keys because lack of R1/L1.
Mine was just a test to understand the 911 series recognition problem.

I advice eveyone to wait for the patch that will solve Fanatec wheel support.

Sankyo
08-05-2015, 09:50
Those having problems with a wheel, could you try and disable your PS4 controller when using the wheel and see if that solves the problem?

sander
08-05-2015, 09:52
Those having problems with a wheel, could you try and disable your PS4 controller when using the wheel and see if that solves the problem?

It doesnt help.

Boss_335
08-05-2015, 10:33

I'm in the same boat here as my wheel runs on the stock firmware 681.

Is it possible for SMS to add and support for firmware 681 as the wheel is still being sold with it included, and the update process is quite laborious (15 odd steps) and if not completed properly can break the wheel and void it's warranty.

I don't think this is an unreasonable request especially considering other issues which need to be fixed for the 911 GT2 as per this thread.

pjrblue
08-05-2015, 10:35

That is another problem, the DS4 (ps4 controller) is disabled in game, so we cannot use it and the wheel at same time.

Gabba73
08-05-2015, 11:03

As I already answered you in the WMD forum, pad is disable and disconneted.
The problem with Fanatec 911 series has not relationship with gamepad but it is relative how the game recognize them.
The 911 series wheels in game are recognized as gamepad and because this there aren't proper wheel FF and calibration menu as i showed by photos in my previous post.
CSR wheel (same hardware of 911 GT2 and Turbo S), istead, is recognized as wheel with proper configuration menu.

baron-bob
08-05-2015, 11:59

Hoping in a patch that risolve the 911 issue asap. Did your rumble motors work after the firmwareupdate? I mean the motors that make the wheel just rumble and do not ad a steering force to the wheel. Do you know what I mean?

baron-bob
08-05-2015, 12:06
I have zero rumble in the game. It is as if the rumble motors do not get any signal at all.
For example when I get on curbs. I mean that kind of feedback that you have with the 360 controller.
The wheel works perfekt in Race07 or AC. Also in the windows wheel propertypage when I click on test rumble the motors are working.

I have the 756 FW and 205 driver installed. The ABS option is set to "100" so that only the motor on the padels is working, but I also tryed other settings of the wheel built in options. When I put it on for ex. on 95 the motors also work. But this is of course no feedback from the game but only a built in response to brakepeadele position. I tried several settings in game. But there is no Rumble or Vibration at all only realy great FFB. But without the rumble there is no feedback about the forces of the chassy. Race07 is great on this it even simulates the vibration of the engine dynamicly that is transferd to the car.

And just to be shure, is there even a support of the built in rumblemotors of fanatecwheels?

Anttehoo
08-05-2015, 12:07
SMS, please patch the game to acknowledge the Fanatec Porsche 911 Turbo S wheel as an actual wheel, not a gamepad, so that it can be calibrated. My experience with the wheel has been buggy, and im suffering from a huge deadzone and poor feel to the road.
Thanks!

Gabba73
08-05-2015, 12:45
Did your rumble motors work after the firmwareupdate? I mean the motors that make the wheel just rumble and do not ad a steering force to the wheel. Do you know what I mean?
I don't know. I just tested how the game recognized GT2 masked from CSR.

biker77
08-05-2015, 12:48
I have an gt3 rs v2
i encounter the same issues as everyone else concerning the deadzone.
however i have managed to find a setting that is not perfect but makes driving a lot easier.
with enough feedback trough the wheel.
i don't know if thos helps for the rest of you but i am pretty pleased with it since i am now able to do some propper laps.
here are the wheel settings:

On the wheel:
Sen 900
Ff 100
Sho 100
Dri off
abs 024
Lin 000
Dea 000
Spr off
dpr off

The game settings are as follow:
In menu controls:
Deadzone 0
Steering sens 100
Throttle deadz 0
Steering sens 60
Brake deadzone 0
Brake sens 80
Speed sens 0
Controller filtering 100
Ff 100
Controller input mode 3
and under advanced everything off

Now comes the part that really makes a diffrence on how the cars handle, for this you habe to go to the tuning setup in a race:
go to force feedback using r1:
Master scale 180
Fx scale 148.00
Fy scale 150.00
Fz scale 142.00
And then the last setting
arm angle -199.9

I hope thees setting makes it a bit easier to drive with the porsche wheels
if someone can tune this to an higher level of driveability, please be so kind to post it or at least let us know.

Lets hope sms fixes the problems asap.

Good Times
08-05-2015, 13:00
Wow. Was about to buy a Fanatec. Might hold off for a bit!

baron-bob
08-05-2015, 14:36
I alrady got some support in this thread "Fanatec 911 Turbo S no Rumble/Vibration but FFB is great"

It seems for me it works fine. Just not as expected. Right now it seems that there is just no usage of the rumblemotors.

baron-bob
08-05-2015, 14:38
Wow. Was about to buy a Fanatec. Might hold off for a bit!

My observation says that SMS has to work on all the support of inputdevices on all plattforms. I think there are to many complaints about steering at all.

I never tried a G25/27 but I love my 911 Turbo S. If it is supported right.

I would always recomend Fanatec for ambitiond gamers. (if you have 600€+x)

Titzon Toast
08-05-2015, 17:14
SMS, please fix these wheel issues ASAP.
I'm bitterly disappointed that I can't play this game using my wheel. I have experienced every single problem listed above. How could these problems not have been spotted in the development stage?

PhaedrusSocrates
08-05-2015, 20:36
Now comes the part that really makes a diffrence on how the cars handle, for this you habe to go to the tuning setup in a race:
go to force feedback using r1:
Master scale 180
Fx scale 148.00
Fy scale 150.00
Fz scale 142.00
And then the last setting
arm angle -199.9

Sorry, I don't understand this last part, regarding arm angle - are you saying MINUS 199.9 or just 199.9? I can only set it between 0 and 4500, there is no MINUS???
Also, I can only set it at increments of "100" like 0-100-200-300-and so on...4500. I can't set it at 199.9 (regardless minus or not)...

Please if you can elaborate, and THANK YOU :)

Sankyo
08-05-2015, 20:41
... the update process is quite laborious (15 odd steps) and if not completed properly can break the wheel and void it's warranty.
This is not true. First of all if the update process fails it is always possible to start the flash procedure again. Secondly, it somehow fails and you can't resolve it, Fanatec Support will help.

PhaedrusSocrates
08-05-2015, 20:55
Both Slightly Mad and Fanatec should have warned us up front that they have NOT FINISHED coding for Fanatec wheels - and issued a public APOLOGY week ago, so then we could forgive them!

This is patetic... From point of view of a wheel user it's another Assassins Creed Unity.

gunner
08-05-2015, 21:15
Very disappointing, having played this on a PC for a few years now, I bought a GT3 wheel in preparation for the PS4 release fully expecting it to work.

A fundamental flaw for a driving sim and quite surprised its slipped through the net.

I'd like to think a patch will be imminent though.

pjrblue
08-05-2015, 22:37
Sorry, I don't understand this last part, regarding arm angle - are you saying MINUS 199.9 or just 199.9? I can only set it between 0 and 4500, there is no MINUS???
Also, I can only set it at increments of "100" like 0-100-200-300-and so on...4500. I can't set it at 199.9 (regardless minus or not)...

-199.9 depends of the car, the lotus 49 has that setting value and much lower.
Changing this settings makes a huge difference on ffb.

NickA555
08-05-2015, 23:05
I'm also experiencing issues with my CSW v2 and Clubsport pedals running on PS4....

Typical issues are:

1. Brake pedal not working (So basically you can drive fast around a track but you just can't stop!)
2. Drive is lost in whichever car I use (This is apparently resolved by mapping the clutch to a button on the steering wheel but even then most of the time it's still not functioning). So basically you can rev and rev the car and it kind of trickles along or if you're on an incline it doesn't actually go anywhere!

I have spent about 4 hours reading various forums tonight and trying various options within the game but I still have NOT done a proper lap on any circuit without something not working!!!!

Fingers crossed a patch is released soon and we can begin to enjoy the game...

Nick

Patrik Marek
08-05-2015, 23:17
SMS, please fix these wheel issues ASAP.
I'm bitterly disappointed that I can't play this game using my wheel. I have experienced every single problem listed above. How could these problems not have been spotted in the development stage?

lot of testing - at least form the WMD (players that helped with game) was available only on PC, we couldn't test PS4 or XB1, therefore we didn't experienced these issues, on PC it works great and out of the box, I'm sure that it will work well on PS4 as well,

game has just released, some things will take a bit of time to be fixed,
sorry to hear that you have troubles, but I can ensure you that it will be all solved and you will be able to enjoy all that pCARS has to offer

RAVEracer
08-05-2015, 23:22
I bought a GT3 RS V2 for Project CARS and am waiting for it to arrive... reading these complaints aren't nice. I'm hoping it'll get fixed by the time it arrives. Is there like a rough timeline of how long it'll take for a fix to be released?

Thorrior
08-05-2015, 23:31
I'm also experiencing issues with my CSW v2 and Clubsport pedals running on PS4....

Typical issues are:

1. Brake pedal not working (So basically you can drive fast around a track but you just can't stop!)
2. Drive is lost in whichever car I use (This is apparently resolved by mapping the clutch to a button on the steering wheel but even then most of the time it's still not functioning). So basically you can rev and rev the car and it kind of trickles along or if you're on an incline it doesn't actually go anywhere!

I have spent about 4 hours reading various forums tonight and trying various options within the game but I still have NOT done a proper lap on any circuit without something not working!!!!

Fingers crossed a patch is released soon and we can begin to enjoy the game...

Nick

What is your brake adujustor set to? I had mine set to minimum value and the brake pedal wasn't recognized at all, although it worked as L2 in the menus. Just try playing around with it. It helped me getting it to work.

gunner
08-05-2015, 23:40
I bought a GT3 RS V2 for Project CARS and am waiting for it to arrive... reading these complaints aren't nice. I'm hoping it'll get fixed by the time it arrives. Is there like a rough timeline of how long it'll take for a fix to be released?

I'm fairly certain this issue will be resolved promptly due to its magnitude.

However long it takes it will be worth the wait as the GT3 RS v2 on the PC version is superb.

Sik180sx
09-05-2015, 00:05
I'm fairly certain this issue will be resolved promptly due to its magnitude.

However long it takes it will be worth the wait as the GT3 RS v2 on the PC version is superb.

So i assume the devs know about this?oh lordy i hope so.

TheLethalDose
09-05-2015, 00:13
Another +1 to no rumble for the GT3 RS V2, no calibration options and button assignments resetting every time you restart the game.

Come on SMS, I paid $250 for a wheel because you guys said it would be supported.

Support does not mean half working and glitchy.

Slow n Old
09-05-2015, 02:06
+1 I bought a Fanatec set up based on it being supported on PS4
Poor form guys.

Another +1 to no rumble for the GT3 RS V2, no calibration options and button assignments resetting every time you restart the game.

Come on SMS, I paid $250 for a wheel because you guys said it would be supported.

Support does not mean half working and glitchy.

Boss_335
09-05-2015, 02:52
This is not true. First of all if the update process fails it is always possible to start the flash procedure again. Secondly, it somehow fails and you can't resolve it, Fanatec Support will help.

Well I hope you're right as my current experience with Fanatec Support has left a lot to be desired up until this point. They're happy to advertise their wheels as being compatible but show no effort in working with their customers to solve problems. I'm very surprised that they're showing no indication of working with SMS to alert them of issues encountered by their customers.

Is there a particular raise the importance of these issues to the developer (I.e. liking the OP or increasing the post count) as I'm worried that these issues will be put on the back burner especially since Fanatec is happy to simply pass the buck?

Sik180sx
09-05-2015, 06:29
BUMP :)

Remember,the squeaky wheel always gets some oil!!!

smoothherb
09-05-2015, 07:41
Hello everyone,

I posted a thread about the issues on GTPlanet (https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/fanatec-and-ps4-troubleshooting-settings.328086/).

Wheel konfig won't save!!!!
Huge Deadzone (even when sensitivity is at 100%)
Controller don't work with the wheel
Pitcrew only talks about Speaker (annoying when using Headphones)
When under 10 kmh the wheel spin extreme fast to one side.
There seems to be a problem with the Clutch on some Fanatec wheels

It would be really nice if we would know that the Dev tream is aware and working on it. Thank you very much.

biker77
09-05-2015, 08:16
[QUOTE=PhaedrusSocrates;887659]Sorry, I don't understand this last part, regarding arm angle - are you saying MINUS 199.9 or just 199.9? I can only set it between 0 and 4500, there is no MINUS???

the setting arm angle is depending on the car, sorry for missing on that info.
but try to set it lower as standard, you have to play with that setting untill it feels good for you.
Hope this helps.

Mascot
09-05-2015, 08:41
Great thread. Hope the devs are paying very close attention.

My setup: PS4, Fanatec Porsche 911 GT2 EU, Clubsport V1 pedals (not sure what firmware, but it has to be over a year since I last updated it)

Like others here my wheel is also recognised as a 911 Turbo wheel, not a GT2, and there's no image of the wheel or access to the wheel-specific calibration and FFB settings. It's almost as if the game thinks my wheel is a gamepad. FFB feels much weaker than in GT5/6, FM 4/5, GTR2, AC but that might be due to the lack of access to the full calibration menu. My wheel shows up as a gamepad in my profile.

I'd previously stated elsewhere that I'd used the h-pattern and clutch OK, but this was while switching between different games on PS4, PS3, X360 and PC to compare the FFB. Turns out I got confused and haven't yet tried it in pCARS, so can't comment on the clutch support. The cars I've been driving so far all use sequential shifters.

Button assignments on the wheel are not being saved despite the save icon flashing.

We desperately need the PS4 gamepad to work alongside the wheel (or the UI changed accordingly) as some functions simply aren't accessible through the wheel.

Despite these issues it sounds like I'm one of the lucky ones because my GT2 actually functions pretty well, and using it in pCARS is an absolute blast (mainly using GT3 cars at the moment on Spa, RA, Silverstone, Catalunya). I think the game will really come alive once full Fanatec support is properly implemented and we can access all the detailed calibration settings. More detailed FFB would be appreciated but my Buttkicker has always helped with the tactility of the experience - there's nothing quite like feeling the rumble of the road under your seat, the vibration of revving the engine on the start line, or the punch in the back on aggressive gear changes. I'd definitely recommend trying one if you have the chance.

I'm loving pCARS so far. It's undoubtedly a rough diamond right now with multiple issues that should have been ironed out before release, but the actual racing itself can be superb.

LazJones
09-05-2015, 09:29
Ive got CSR Elite and Clubsport pedals working fine. Loving this game, makes Driveclub feel like Outrun !:cool:

NickA555
09-05-2015, 09:34
What is your brake adujustor set to? I had mine set to minimum value and the brake pedal wasn't recognized at all, although it worked as L2 in the menus. Just try playing around with it. It helped me getting it to work.

When you say brake adjuster do you mean the dial just behind the actual brake pedal?

I think mine is currently set to fully clockwise...

Thorrior
09-05-2015, 10:26
Yeah, that's what I meant. If that doesn't work for you, alternatively you could use the clutch pedal for braking. That's not ideal, but at least you could brake.

GrimGrnninGhost
09-05-2015, 12:16
Being a US guy, I have not had a chance to play it yet and I really hope this is high priority for SMS to fix soon as I have both a CSR and GT3 RS V2 wheels and it sounds like they both have issues. I'm sure Tuesday you will here a lot more complaints once the North American guys start playing.

That said, which one is working better? Having a hard time following along. Thanks guys

NickA555
09-05-2015, 13:21
Yeah, that's what I meant. If that doesn't work for you, alternatively you could use the clutch pedal for braking. That's not ideal, but at least you could brake.

Thanks mate. I'll give it a try later...

I've also enabled the abs on the wheel so that you get a rumble when applying the brakes at 85% but no rumble in the game. Don't suppose you've tried this feature have you?

Thorrior
09-05-2015, 13:26
No, I haven't tried it yet. At the moment I'm playing on PC. There it works. But I got the pedals connected via USB there. Maybe I'll give it a try later.

Titzon Toast
09-05-2015, 17:42
I know it's the weekend, but I would really like some assurance that some Devs are looking at this thread and are planning on what they have to do to fix these terrible issues.
It really sucks not being able to play a game I've been waiting so long for.

Sankyo
09-05-2015, 18:23

When you have the brake sensitivity dial set to minimum (1), there will hardly be any output from the pedal so there won't be any braking when driving in-game. Usable values for the dial are 6-10, which you can see in the Fanatec driver when connected to a PC because it shows you that for these values the brake pedal output will reach 100%.

Sankyo
09-05-2015, 18:29
Well I hope you're right as my current experience with Fanatec Support has left a lot to be desired up until this point. They're happy to advertise their wheels as being compatible but show no effort in working with their customers to solve problems. I'm very surprised that they're showing no indication of working with SMS to alert them of issues encountered by their customers.
The fact that you are not seeing anything does not mean that there is no cooperation. In fact I have personally been involved in the contact between SMS and Fanatec and is has been there from the start of the project.

Is there a particular raise the importance of these issues to the developer (I.e. liking the OP or increasing the post count) as I'm worried that these issues will be put on the back burner especially since Fanatec is happy to simply pass the buck?
No need for that, SMS is going to investigate the wheel issues on the PS4 with the help of Fanatec next week, it has already been set in motion.

Sik180sx
09-05-2015, 19:03
The fact that you are not seeing anything does not mean that there is no cooperation. In fact I have personally been involved in the contact between SMS and Fanatec and is has been there from the start of the project.

No need for that, SMS is going to investigate the wheel issues on the PS4 with the help of Fanatec next week, it has already been set in motion.

:) Thanks Remco,you've been very helpful mate,i'm pretty sure we all appreciate what you guys are doing,i'm so happy this could be fixed very soon.

NickA555
09-05-2015, 22:11
Right I seem to have made some progress with my CSW v2 and PS4 this evening...

Based on post 91 on this (https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/fanatec-and-ps4-troubleshooting-settings.328086/page-4) thread I found that starting the game with the DS4 controller ON to navigate the PS4 logon and launch the game and then once you get to the "X to start" screen of Project Cars, turn off the DS4 by pressing and holding the PS button for around 8 seconds until the controller goes off. Once it's off, press the X button on the wheel and the thing behaves much better than it did ie I could do some laps of Oulton Park but one thing I have noticed is that I really have to stamp on the brake of my CS pedals v1 for them to work (Brake adjuster set to max)

At least now I've not been in the situation where I could have my accelerator fully de-pressed but the car not actually going anywhere!!!! (That's one of the odd things that was happening when I was leaving the DS4 controller on in the game whilst using the wheel)

So, some progress anyway...

GrimGrnninGhost
09-05-2015, 22:34
Right I seem to have made some progress with my CSW v2 and PS4 this evening...

Based on post 91 on this (https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/fanatec-and-ps4-troubleshooting-settings.328086/page-4) thread I found that starting the game with the DS4 controller ON to navigate the PS4 logon and launch the game and then once you get to the "X to start" screen of Project Cars, turn off the DS4 by pressing and holding the PS button for around 8 seconds until the controller goes off. Once it's off, press the X button on the wheel and the thing behaves much better than it did ie I could do some laps of Oulton Park but one thing I have noticed is that I really have to stamp on the brake of my CS pedals v1 for them to work (Brake adjuster set to max)

At least now I've not been in the situation where I could have my accelerator fully de-pressed but the car not actually going anywhere!!!! (That's one of the odd things that was happening when I was leaving the DS4 controller on in the game whilst using the wheel)

So, some progress anyway...

Where in the above sequence do you power on the wheel in put it in PC mode? Thanks in advance

a_alajeel
09-05-2015, 22:45

ok well im glad to know that you are working on it. i have Project cars on both PC and PS4. i will list the MAJOR problems that i am seeing on PS4 hopefully it will help. i am using fanatec clubsport v2 with clubsport pedals v2 and clubsport shifter 1.5 (both H pattern and sequential) and clubsport handbrake.

1) i cant play career mode, i cant even type my driver name.
2) i cant map buttons to my fanatec wheel (engine on, ignition, headlights, wind shield wipers..ect) i cant move right with L buttons to actually map them. i can only map the first 'motion' column with the steer right and left and gearing
3) on the clubsport pedals, the ABS rumble feature doesn't work, i wish it would as its the way i get fastest times, by late braking, and getting to feel it just before ABS wheel lock for maximum braking. GT6 on ps3 works with ABS rumble, im surprised this doesn't.
4) i cant use sequential mode, on my clubsport shifter, only the paddles on the wheel, or H pattern, depending on the cars, ie zakspeed capri only Hpattern
5) i cant use the clubsport handbrake, i dont know if it will work or not cause i cant even map it in the settings hopefully it works.
6) the throttle isn't 100% even after i calibrate the pedals to 100 in the settings. if your out on track switch to telemetry the green bar at the top even with throttle alll the way down only goes up to like 80% max, i am getting slow lap times and getting passed and lapped by slower cars, its frustrating and unplayable.
7) on some cars and some tracks when im in the pits it engages auto drive until exit, its no problem but i dislike this, in most cases and most cars and tracks like spa-francorchamps, the barrier kink by the pit exit, auto drive AI just crashes into the barrier while exiting, its frustrating, it damages the front bumper and front areo, and in some cases front tyre axle, and causes alignment issues, i had to go up eau rouge and the kimmel straight and fully lap spa with a sideways steering wheel just to go back into the pits, and to get it repaired only to have the auto drive AI smash it again on pit exit.

8) i cant look around with the left joystic on the wheel on ps4 like i could on the PC version.
9) most of the features on PC is not available on the PS4, like on the PC under conditions it shows real current time and current real weather, on ps4 only random and weather slots. real weather is perfect i dont know why thats not on the PS4.
10) the voice of the race engineer is too low i cant even hear him properly over the sound of the engine and other cars through the tv when i am using my wheel. when i am using controller it works ok cause the sound comes out of the controller (unless its disabled).

11) this isn't really a problem, but i wish there was a way you can choose between left and right hand drive, it gets annoying seeing that, and loses the immersion when your in a right hand cockpit with the gear shifter on the right and on the sim the gear shifter on the left, sometimes it gets frustrating with hitting the apex from the right than where you actually are and having to adjust accordingly, its no biggie but just a little visual nuisance.

12) i was wondering if you could triple screen on ps4 version? in granturismo it is possible, though you need one PS3 for EACH monitor/tv. will you be able to do that with PS4 if we have more than one PS4? it would be a good feature.

those are the major problems im having on ps4, that i wish to be addressed. i haven't ran into any others, other than the slight AI problems, but i am patient and know that this is still the day one patch, other patches will be released and will smooth things out eventually. i love projectcars and do appreciate what your doing to fix these bugs and problems.

pjrblue
09-05-2015, 23:41
1) are you using the DS4, the wheel don't work on PS4 menu you need to use an DS4 to write your name
2) use the pedals to switch columns (L2 = Brake / R2 = Gas)
4) you can only use one method, paddle or sequencial, need to map for your preferrence. I have CSR and CSR Shifter and is the same.
10) the voice is always from DS4, you need to keep it ON

Slow n Old
10-05-2015, 06:52
Such a disappointment to have purchased a $400 wheel/pedal set up and spent $100 on a game that is currently unplayable. It is unbelievable to think that the very limited number of wheels supported weren't throughly tested prior to release. Clearly they weren't as the problems are obvious for all owners of the Porsche GT2 wheel and GT3 it seems. Why would you list wheels as compatible when they are not?
There's no point getting all the complicated parts of a game right when the simplest parts don't work. This has turned into a massive disappointment.
Bugs are one thing but seriously this feels like someone is taking the pi$$.
Back to GT6 until this gets sorted. Poor form SMS.

MONKEY3._.
10-05-2015, 07:10
Hey all, I to am experiencing all the know issues when using a fanatec gt2 with the game. I understand that it's very frustrating for people, but might I add this. I'm sure that a fix is on the way and everything will be sorted out soon enough. It was only a short time ago that we all thought our rigs were useless for this gen. it fantastic that they are now compatible with an awesome SIM racer(Sort of compatible). I think people need to calm down and give it a little time for things to get ironed out. The thing is I can not play these games on controller so until this is sorted I just have to wait and play Something else from my ever increasing back catalogue. I really do hope it gets sorted though.

Boss_335
10-05-2015, 07:36
Thanks Remco, it's fantastic getting such prompt feedback on our issues.

It's been a very frustrating week having invested heavily to getting ready for this game and then being let down by these teething problems.

mallenium
10-05-2015, 07:48
First of all, i have the same issues with my GT2 as everybody else - HUGE deadzone, lack of FF and the wheel is recognized as pad.
Some pages earlier I read the post from Gabba73

Isn't it possible to remap the buttons?? And was the auto clutch fuction set to ON!?
Maybe we could use the CSR firmware for the GT2, until a patch is released??...my warranty is gone a long time ago, so tbh I can care less.

With that deadzone the game is just unplayable and we have no idea when the patch is beeing released (hopefully soon).

Titzon Toast
10-05-2015, 08:42
First of all, i have the same issues with my GT2 as everybody else - HUGE deadzone, lack of FF and the wheel is recognized as pad.
Some pages earlier I read the post from Gabba73

Isn't it possible to remap the buttons?? And was the auto clutch fuction set to ON!?
Maybe we could use the CSR firmware for the GT2, until a patch is released??...my warranty is gone a long time ago, so tbh I can care less.

With that deadzone the game is just unplayable and we have no idea when the patch is beeing released (hopefully soon).
Be careful, could you not possibly brick your wheel by putting the wrong FW on it?

Kain NL
10-05-2015, 09:18
I'm also experiencing problems with the CSW V1 !!!
At the controller screen the name says CSW, but the picture that is shown is the XOne Hub with Fanatec GT rim. But I use the CSW V1 with the BMW rim. So if I don't calibrate at first I can perfectly map the buttons, but when I start calibrating next is that I can't do the FFB calibration. The buttons L2 and R2 are not pointed to where they should be. Cause the pedal calibration happens when I push the brake pedal !
So when I reset to default and keep the wheel settings I've got NO FFB feed at all, only the wheel weight force works...far to strong to me !

Kain NL
10-05-2015, 09:23
ok well im glad to know that you are working on it. i have Project cars on both PC and PS4. i will list the MAJOR problems that i am seeing on PS4 hopefully it will help. i am using fanatec clubsport v2 with clubsport pedals v2 and clubsport shifter 1.5 (both H pattern and sequential) and clubsport handbrake.

1) i cant play career mode, i cant even type my driver name.
2) i cant map buttons to my fanatec wheel (engine on, ignition, headlights, wind shield wipers..ect) i cant move right with L buttons to actually map them. i can only map the first 'motion' column with the steer right and left and gearing
3) on the clubsport pedals, the ABS rumble feature doesn't work, i wish it would as its the way i get fastest times, by late braking, and getting to feel it just before ABS wheel lock for maximum braking. GT6 on ps3 works with ABS rumble, im surprised this doesn't.
4) i cant use sequential mode, on my clubsport shifter, only the paddles on the wheel, or H pattern, depending on the cars, ie zakspeed capri only Hpattern
5) i cant use the clubsport handbrake, i dont know if it will work or not cause i cant even map it in the settings hopefully it works.
6) the throttle isn't 100% even after i calibrate the pedals to 100 in the settings. if your out on track switch to telemetry the green bar at the top even with throttle alll the way down only goes up to like 80% max, i am getting slow lap times and getting passed and lapped by slower cars, its frustrating and unplayable.
7) on some cars and some tracks when im in the pits it engages auto drive until exit, its no problem but i dislike this, in most cases and most cars and tracks like spa-francorchamps, the barrier kink by the pit exit, auto drive AI just crashes into the barrier while exiting, its frustrating, it damages the front bumper and front areo, and in some cases front tyre axle, and causes alignment issues, i had to go up eau rouge and the kimmel straight and fully lap spa with a sideways steering wheel just to go back into the pits, and to get it repaired only to have the auto drive AI smash it again on pit exit.

8) i cant look around with the left joystic on the wheel on ps4 like i could on the PC version.
9) most of the features on PC is not available on the PS4, like on the PC under conditions it shows real current time and current real weather, on ps4 only random and weather slots. real weather is perfect i dont know why thats not on the PS4.
10) the voice of the race engineer is too low i cant even hear him properly over the sound of the engine and other cars through the tv when i am using my wheel. when i am using controller it works ok cause the sound comes out of the controller (unless its disabled).

11) this isn't really a problem, but i wish there was a way you can choose between left and right hand drive, it gets annoying seeing that, and loses the immersion when your in a right hand cockpit with the gear shifter on the right and on the sim the gear shifter on the left, sometimes it gets frustrating with hitting the apex from the right than where you actually are and having to adjust accordingly, its no biggie but just a little visual nuisance.

12) i was wondering if you could triple screen on ps4 version? in granturismo it is possible, though you need one PS3 for EACH monitor/tv. will you be able to do that with PS4 if we have more than one PS4? it would be a good feature.

those are the major problems im having on ps4, that i wish to be addressed. i haven't ran into any others, other than the slight AI problems, but i am patient and know that this is still the day one patch, other patches will be released and will smooth things out eventually. i love projectcars and do appreciate what your doing to fix these bugs and problems.

Just don't calibrate the wheel mate. Do a reset in the calibration screen with triangle button.
Then you can assign buttons and fully go for the race...that's how I'm doing it now with my V2.
The V1 is gonna be sold today I hope, so temporary setup!

GBRC.C7
10-05-2015, 11:27
Dead zone on ps4.

It looks like there is a simple parameter error as going from 0 deadzone in game changes the range from about 5 degrees to 300 or more each side of centre.
My guess is that the parameters are out by a factor of 100.
Hopefully an easy fix.

Fanatest
10-05-2015, 11:52
Hi all,

Are there any CSW V2 owners who can advise what their rotation (calibration) numbers are.

For example:
In the calibration screen, does your CSW v2 wheel / base combo reach "100" in the wheel rotation calibration screen or does it fall short, and if so, by how much?

Nono
10-05-2015, 12:42
I'm french, so sorry for my english.

CSR-E here. All seems fine for me, after setting in-game FFB and, the most important, cars individual FFB setting.
So, all is fine except:
Every time turn "on" the wheel (in pc mode) before load de game.
Never try to calibrate pedals (already have issue whith it and restart the game...)
Manual cluch with pedal clutch is impossible. So I put clutch on button (L3 for me) and drive with automatic clutch and manual gear on steering wheel paddle shifters.
If I don't calibrate pedals, I can map all buttons on my wheel and save it. Never calibrate your pedals, really.

I realy enjoy the feeling, except manual clutch issue, that I believe SMS and Fanatec will work on it. I most again work about apex feedback but it's not so bad, just can be better I think.

Eric Bergeret
10-05-2015, 13:04
Hi all,

Are there any CSW V2 owners who can advise what their rotation (calibration) numbers are.

For example:
In the calibration screen, does your CSW v2 wheel / base combo reach "100" in the wheel rotation calibration screen or does it fall short, and if so, by how much?
First you have to turn your wheel fully at the left 100 is better but if you stop at 99 is not hell press save then back to center, next step you have to turn your wheel to left at 90° "better way to know that is that when you turn to the left you will see the number come closer to 900 "yes 900 = 90° because csw v2 have 900°" now is done enjoy.

Sen= off
FF= 66 on gt3 and lower for road car, you can change that when you are on track using the tunning button. "renember that ingame the ff is set to 50 but it's enougth, like you see i don't usee ff 100 on my wheel whit 50 ingame"
abs= your taste i use 80
sho= vibration ont the wheel so your taste i use 100
lin= off:
spr: off never calibrate a csw whit that on, you just gonna kill the motor
dpr=100
dea=off
dri=3 or 4 your taste i use 3
for=100

i suggest you to press yor pedal before you map them, this way axe won't be reverse .

i don't use that but can be usefull for someone else:
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22938-Jack-Spade-FFB-Tweaker-Files&p=891198#post891198

I'm french, so sorry for my english.

CSR-E here. All seems fine for me, after setting in-game FFB and, the most important, cars individual FFB setting.
So, all is fine except:
Every time turn "on" the wheel (in pc mode) before load de game.
Never try to calibrate pedals (already have issue whith it and restart the game...)
Manual cluch with pedal clutch is impossible. So I put clutch on button (L3 for me) and drive with automatic clutch and manual gear on steering wheel paddle shifters.
If I don't calibrate pedals, I can map all buttons on my wheel and save it. Never calibrate your pedals, really.

I realy enjoy the feeling, except manual clutch issue, that I believe SMS and Fanatec will work on it. I most again work about apex feedback but it's not so bad, just can be better I think. press pedal before mapping them if the clutch don't get map you have a problem whit your pedal , if it's work everything should be fine.

"appuye sur tes pédales juste avant de les parametrer dans le jeux , si tu arrive a le parametrer avec le bonne axe pas inverser tu passe a la suite de la calibration, ya pas de raison que ça marche pas, meme avec l'automatic clutch tu peut te servir de t'ont embrayage pour infos."

Fanatest
10-05-2015, 13:18
Sen= off
FF= 66 on gt3 and lower for road car, you can change that when you are on track using the tunning button. "renember that ingame the ff is set to 50 but it's enougth, like you see i don't usee ff 100 on my wheel whit 50 ingame"
abs= your taste i use 80
lin= off:
spr: off
dpr=100
dea=off
dri=3/4 your taste i use 3
for=100

i suggest you to press yor pedal before you map them, this way axe won't be reverse .

press pedal before mapping them if the clutch don't get map you have a problem whit your pedal , if it's work everything should be fine.

"appuye sur tes pédales juste avant de les parametrer dans le jeux , si tu arrive a le parametrer avec le bonne axe pas inverser tu passe a la suite de la calibration, ya pas de raison que ça marche pas, meme avec l'automatic clutch tu peut te servir de t'ont embrayage pour infos."

Hi,

Thank you for the reply, however I was hoping to find out the number displayed on the wheel calibration screen, within Project Cars wheel calibration menu.

In the pears options menu, there is a wheel calibration menu. Within this menu, PCars asks you to fully rotate your Wheel and displays a counter from 0-100. This is the number I am interested in.

I'm specifically looking for the number achieved specifically from CSWV2 owners if possible.

Eric Bergeret
10-05-2015, 13:21
the number when fully turn to the left you mean ?

Fanatest
10-05-2015, 13:23
Yes please. Does your CSWv2 achieve 99 or 100 etc or is it much lower?

Eric Bergeret
10-05-2015, 13:25
when he was new 100 was impossible so he was set at 99, now yes i can put it to 100. renember that spr need to be off :)

Fanatest
10-05-2015, 13:37
when he was new 100 was impossible so he was set at 99, now yes i can put it to 100. renember that spr need to be off :)

Thank you.

I'm collecting some data for something I'm currently working on (I'm one of fanatecs beta testers, you can find me over at fanatec.com) and would like as many CSWv2 owners to confirm exactly what their CSWv2 wheel reports in this particular option within PCars.

So your CSWv2 with Rim attached does achieve 100 in the PCars "full rotation" menu on PS4 :yes:

Anyone else, feel free to add your figure here, it will be incredibly useful.
Thanks all :)

Raikku
10-05-2015, 13:57
Is there list about which CSW's button does what in pCars, you know which is X, O and so on. And if you use both pad and wheel, do they have separate confs and settings or do they
change same settings. So after using wheel I have to adjust pad all over again and vice versa?

Nono
10-05-2015, 14:51
First you have to turn your wheel fully at the left 100 is better but if you stop at 99 is not hell press save then back to center, next step you have to turn your wheel to left at 90° "better way to know that is that when you turn to the left you will see the number come closer to 900 "yes 900 = 90° because csw v2 have 900°" now is done enjoy.

Sen= off
abs= your taste i use 80
lin= off:
spr: off never calibrate a csw whit that on, you just gonna kill the motor
dpr=100
dea=off
dri=3 or 4 your taste i use 3
for=100

i don't use that but can be usefull for someone else:
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22938-Jack-Spade-FFB-Tweaker-Files&p=891198#post891198

press pedal before mapping them if the clutch don't get map you have a problem whit your pedal , if it's work everything should be fine.

Thanks Eric for your answers, but no way :o(
I reseted the configuration and retry as you were saying but every time I try the pedals calibration, something go away and I must restart the game because I lost many control with som buttons. And game never detect clutch when it's on pedal. It's not a problem from my clutch pedal, it works fine with Forza and GT.
Thanks anyway, I'm waiting now for a quick update. By then, I realy enjoy the feeling of FFB for now, and I'm happy to be here when I read Others Fanatec users issue with there FFB. Until the update, she will come, I'm sure, Irealy enjoy the game ;o)

NickA555
10-05-2015, 15:27
Where in the above sequence do you power on the wheel in put it in PC mode? Thanks in advance

I normally switch the wheel on when starting the PS4 up. I've also switched the wheel on late ie The game is at the point where it says "Press x to continue". It doesn't seem to matter really from what I've seen to be honest.

I also had some issues last night where it was showing the brake as fully de-pressed when I wasn't even touching it. The solution then seems to be to disconnect the PS2 to RJ11 coverter that connects the pedals to the wheel base. Not ideal I know but it then works (For a while)

Early days for Fanatec on PS4 but I really didn't expect to have this many issues with it (Only the night before Project Cars launch I removed the Thrustmaster T300 GTE and pedals from my VR3 rig. Wish I'd bloody left them connected now lol

PhaedrusSocrates
10-05-2015, 15:36
@Eric Bergeret - please try your wheel on PS4, not just PC... Everyone knows that you made sure all the wheels work perfectly on master pc, but it's obvious almost no one worked on silly consoles... Will identicall wheels EVER perform identically on consoles as they do on pc...? Is that an official goal, or just to reach an approximate emulation? Thank you*

remcosol
10-05-2015, 18:39
Set the following settings:

The steering sensitivity 100 will fix the dead zone .

PhaedrusSocrates
10-05-2015, 18:53
Sensitivity does not fix it, it is still abou 30 degrees, with GT3-RS...

And HALF of those options do not exist for those Fanatec wheels wich are only recognised in-game as "911" - even worse, game reads them as "controller" even in your drivers profile, there it states that you drive with the controller... With GT3-RS there's no even any calibration, your wheel is just controller with a rim that emulates and pretends it's a wheel - FOR NOW

I'm sure SMS just didn't have time and man power to code real wheel support in time (for ALL wheels on both consoles), they needed revenue so they pushed the game out ahead of time by simply turning some wheels into glorified controllers.

These wheels work incredibly well on PC, so one day I guess they will on consoles as well...

mallenium
10-05-2015, 20:16
PhaedrusSocrates: Same thing with the GT2

For reducing the deadzone you can also reduce the sensitivity on the wheel....but it will be still there.
The main issue is that the wheel is recognized as controller.

I will stick with the controller (for now, hopefully) - the real one!, not the wheel.

Titzon Toast
10-05-2015, 20:49
I haven't even started my career yet! I want to play from the very beginning using only my wheel. I've waited so long for this great game I'm prepared to wait a little more until I hear it's been fixed. Then it's time to start karting.

Gabba73
10-05-2015, 22:19
I make Fanatec GT2 works with Project Cars on PS4, as it should, but It continues to crash the game (error CE-34878-0) as with the original firmware.

Following history of test

These are files of GT2 last firmware (rev.756):
GT2_754B.pw1
GT2_Base_756.pw2
ERASE.pw3

These are CSR last firmware files(rev.756):
CSR_756B.pw1
CSR_756B.pw2
ERASE.pw3

You could note a light difference in pw1 version between GT2 and CSR firmware
I just forced the CSR pw1 firmware files install in GT2 so It is recongized from game as CSR but have the buttons configured as GT2.
In this way I can use (except for the clutch bug of the CSR (you have to assign it to a button)) my Frankestein GT2 in Project Cars PS4 version.
It is recongized as a wheel with all configuration and FF menus enable and absolutly no wheel dead zone.
The wheel works fine but random the game crash with error CE-34878-0

Then I mapped the buttons in a way I could use the whell with both files of CSR firmware; i reflash my GT2 with following files:
CSR_756B.pw1
CSR_756B.pw2
ERASE.pw3 (CSR File)
Because I before mapped the clutch on button now I can use GT2 (masked as a CSR).
The wheel works fine but again random I have error CE-34878-0 with crash of the game

Finally I re-flash the GT2 with its original firmware:
GT2_754B.pw1
GT2_Base_756.pw2
ERASE.pw3 (Gt2 version)

The wheel is recognized as a gamepad, I have no wheel calibration menu and no FF calibration menu
Also with original firmware Fanatec GT2 wheel makes Project Cars crashes with CE-34878-0 error.

I hope this information could be usefull to developers and Fanatec to resolve issues with GT2 wheels.

memoric77
11-05-2015, 08:15
Today it's Monday, the day after the rollout, and everyone is excited for a first Feedback of the Developer ;)

Meanwhile I use these modified settings for my GT3, originally postet by Biker77, thx! A lot of members in another forum confirmed them as very usefull:

Start the game using it in PC Mode.

On the wheel:
Sen 800
Ff 100
Sho 100
Dri off
abs 000 (finally didnt work)
Lin 000
Dea 000
Spr 4 (minimize the steering clearance noticeable, although the wheel is in the PC Mode)
dpr off

Menu Controls:

Controller input mode 3

Steering Deadzone 0
Steering sensibility 100
Throttle deadzone 0
Throttle sensibility 60
Brake deadzone 0
Brake sensibility 80
Speed sensibility 0
Controller filtering 100
Force Feedback 100

Advanced: off

Setup for every Car and Track (adjustable with in 30 seconds and storeable):

Force Feedback:
Master scale 180
Fx scale 148.00
Fy scale 150.00
Fz scale 142.00

Arm angle 200

Button assigning:
Necessary at every game start. The Handbrake and KERS must have been assigned to save the adaption.

Max Kelly
11-05-2015, 08:18
I make Fanatec GT2 works with Project Cars on PS4, as it should, but It continues to crash the game (error CE-34878-0) as with the original firmware.

GT2_754B.pw1
GT2_Base_756.pw2
ERASE.pw3

CSR_756B.pw1
CSR_756B.pw2
ERASE.pw3

I just forced the CSR pw1 firmware files install in GT2 so It is recongized from game as CSR but have the buttons configured as GT2.
In this way I can use (except for the clutch bug of the CSR (you have to assign it to a button)) my Frankestein GT2 in Project Cars PS4 version.
It is recongized as a wheel with all configuration and FF menus enable and absolutly no wheel dead zone.

Then I mapped the buttons in a way I could use the whell with both files of CSR firmware; i reflash my GT2 with following files:
CSR_756B.pw1
CSR_756B.pw2
ERASE.pw3 (CSR File)
Because I before mapped the clutch on button now I can use GT2 (masked as a CSR).
The wheel works fine but again random I have error CE-34878-0 with crash of the game

GT2_754B.pw1
GT2_Base_756.pw2
ERASE.pw3 (Gt2 version)

The wheel is recognized as a gamepad, I have no wheel calibration menu and no FF calibration menu
Also with original firmware Fanatec GT2 wheel makes Project Cars crashes with CE-34878-0 error.

I hope this information could be usefull to developers and Fanatec to resolve issues with GT2 wheels.

hello Gabba (neighbor)
problems with Fanatec gt2 and gt3 are at work and will be solved in a week. (I hope)

mallenium
11-05-2015, 08:23
@Gabba73: Thanks for sharing!
Do you use the CSR firmwire for playing the game or just for testing?
I'm just a little bit worried about the wheel... on the other side, CSR and GT2/3 arent't that different in terms of hardware components, except the wheel rim obviously

sander
11-05-2015, 08:38
hello Gabba (neighbor)
problems with Fanatec gt2 and gt3 are at work and will be solved in a week. (I hope)

Thank you guys so much for the great support :D

Mascot
11-05-2015, 08:50
Good to hear a patch for Fanatec use on PS4 will (hopefully) be out soon. I'm parking this game up until this issue is resolved and I can access the full suite of FFB controls and eliminate the deadzone on my GT2.

tythefly86
11-05-2015, 08:57

I have just about had it with these companies! I swear this was a ploy to sell fanatec hardware. I dont have a good enough gpu on my pc to run pcars equivalent to ps4, plus all my friends are on there so i use ps4.
I sold my logitech g27 to buy the gt2 and csr elite pedal pack for the only reason being to play this game and possibly future ones. I have all the problems noted above and am very annoyed that ive wasted all this money on hardware that is either laggy or the deadzone is present no matter what you do with settings and it just feels laggy. Ive managed to change settings to get it to sync up with the wheel on screen but its way too sensitive, does anyone have settings that work well for the fanatec gt2?

memoric77
11-05-2015, 08:58
Good to hear a patch for Fanatec use on PS4 will (hopefully) be out soon. I'm parking this game up until this issue is resolved and I can access the full suite of FFB controls and eliminate the deadzone on my GT2.

Use my postet settings to optimize the deadzone. it works fine transitionally

tythefly86
11-05-2015, 09:16
Im disappointed I bought a Fanatec wheel for PS4 just for pcars and it is buggy as hell.

Keeps reverting back to stock button config whenever you restart the game which means goodbye DRS, KERS, ignition etc. How did SMS in their infinite wisdom never assig buttons to them as default?

i totally agree, I'm almost considering making a warranty/return of product claim on false advertising. I payed for the gt2 as it was advertised on fanatec.com as wheel supported on project cars not that it was going to be a dodgy emulation of a wheel thats got a 10th of the options to adjust as a thrustmaster does. Please sms, post on this forum and let us know your working on these issues so i dont have to return a perfectly good product...

xDama
11-05-2015, 10:56
If Max Kelly is right, the problems with the GT2/GT3 will be fixed within the next week. Would be sweet!

I can understand that some people are disappointed in PCARS/Fanatec for this error, but keep in mind PCARS is the first game on PS4 that'll support wheels. Fanatec had to develop new firm- and software for the game and the wheels. Not an easy task in a short amount of time!

tythefly86
11-05-2015, 12:25
If Max Kelly is right, the problems with the GT2/GT3 will be fixed within the next week. Would be sweet!

I can understand that some people are disappointed in PCARS/Fanatec for this error, but keep in mind PCARS is the first game on PS4 that'll support wheels. Fanatec had to develop new firm- and software for the game and the wheels. Not an easy task in a short amount of time!

I can see where your coming from but i still think it is a necessity to communicate with the gamers especially considering what 'cars' stands for. So far I'm very dissapointed, the wheel does random automatic steering to left or right when at very low speed after a run off track i.e under 5km/hr but not all the time. The wheel has limited options to change compared to csr/thrustmaster but it shouldnt, my gt2 is picked up as a porsche turbo s for some reason. The deadzone issue can be somewhat fixed with 100% sensitivity but its far too sensitive for some cars and it doesnt completely get rid of the deadzone.

The wheel is barely usable and i would appreciate an official statement confirming the issue is being worked on.

PS4, fanatec gt2 latest firmware/csr elite pedals

PhaedrusSocrates
11-05-2015, 12:26
It's not down to Fanatec, I'm sure they provided SMS with fine and complete drivers - BUT - the SMS has to use them, code for them specifically, it's not just like you copy paste them in the game... And this is where they short-changed us, they just didn't have time or man power to complete that on time... And obviously in financial tight spot so they could't afford another delay...

But, they should have told us week in advance that Porsche wheel are (FOR NOW) emulation of a wheel, and asked for understanding or such... I would still buy day 1, but would not be so pis*ed right now.

ALSO, bear in mind that PROCEDURE for Sony to approve any update (after it's complete!) takes about another week or two even...

Gabba73
11-05-2015, 12:54
hello Gabba (neighbor)
Yes, I know, and I post also in WMA forum to help developers fix the bugs.

@Gabba73: Thanks for sharing!
Do you use the CSR firmwire for playing the game or just for testing?
I'm just a little bit worried about the wheel... on the other side, CSR and GT2/3 arent't that different in terms of hardware components, except the wheel rim obviously

I am using the mixed GT2/CSR firmware also to play, but I encounter random crash of the game.
Infact I am now investicate aboute these crashes

pover74
11-05-2015, 13:52
hi lazjones I have same as u and having problems with mine is it possible to give me some info what yours is set at my brakes not working got to slam it on to work and turning a issue not turning enough would be nice for some feed back thanks david

Mascot
11-05-2015, 14:07
Use my postet settings to optimize the deadzone. it works fine transtionally

I'll try them when I get home tonight. Thanks.

Luxman_
11-05-2015, 14:20
Hi,

I have a CSW V2, CSP V2 and CSS SQ 1.5

Im a PS4 onwer and In Pcars, the level of steering behavior is good, ;) but I have some issues :

CSS - apparently the game does not recognize the sequential commands and considers them as "invalid keys" (though it is still possible to use the sequential gearbox ) but to calibrate the box, no longer possible to use the shifter pads on the rim , and calibrate the shifter pads on the rim it is not possible to use the sequence on CSS.

PS: put the keys R1 and L1 (pad rim keys) on the CSS is a solution like in GT6.

Car Issues:

Lotus 72D
Lotus 49
Formula C
125 shifter kart and 250cc

The ffb is extremely light , makes it almost impossible to feel these cars and drive them

In Game ffb - 100
In Rim ffb- 65

In this cars I have to put no less than 85 ffb in the rim.

I drive almost all cars, but most seem to get along with the same ffb setting in game 100 in rim 65 .

L2 and R2 on the pedals ,its not a solution... :apologetic:

Lgic
11-05-2015, 18:27
Hey guys i am going t order the listed bits below fr my PS4 would any one here have a set (recommended settings) up fr the listed products to play the game?

CLUBSPORT WHEEL BASE V2 SERVO EU
ClubSport Steering Wheel Formula Black EU
ClubSport Steering Wheel BMW M3 GT2 EU
ClubSport Pedals V2 EU
ClubSport Shifter SQ V 1.5 EU

Ps4Relentless
11-05-2015, 20:06
Hi all,

I have csr wheel with csr elite pedals, anyone with the same setup managed to get any sort of ffb through wheel or pedals?
Wheel is fine to drive but no matter what settings i try for ffb i get nothing or a small amount if i turn tire and master up to full. I have had nothing through load cell at all. (tested on gt6 today its still working)

Have ff and sho both set to 100 on wheel. Any settings advice would be great esp for pedals as i have had no feedback at all from them.

Brosef97
11-05-2015, 20:11
Having all the same problems, really really frustrating.

memoric77
11-05-2015, 20:26
it's a generall issue, just read the posts

Titzon Toast
11-05-2015, 20:45
I see the head of SMS, Ian Bell, has posted in one of the threads, I've never seen the likes of that before.
It's a good sign if you ask me.
Hopefully we'll have our fix soon.

Sankyo
11-05-2015, 21:00
Thank you.

I'm collecting some data for something I'm currently working on (I'm one of fanatecs beta testers, you can find me over at fanatec.com) and would like as many CSWv2 owners to confirm exactly what their CSWv2 wheel reports in this particular option within PCars.

So your CSWv2 with Rim attached does achieve 100 in the PCars "full rotation" menu on PS4 :yes:

Anyone else, feel free to add your figure here, it will be incredibly useful.
Thanks all :)

On PC, when first turning left it will reach 99 when I hit the lock at the end, if I then push a bit further through the lock I get to 100.

Dimahoo
11-05-2015, 21:12
I have a CSR with Clubsport pedals. Clutch not working but i can get great FFB on PS4 be setting tyre force in-game to 130.
Ensure you open game (from title screen) with A button on wheel

On CSR my settings are

SENS 900
FF 100
Sho 100
Dri off
LIN off
ABS off
Dea - 000
Spr Off
dPr - Off
ACL Off

If FFB too heavy for larger cars then turn down FFB on wheel to suit - about 80 minimum.

Mr.MicMac
11-05-2015, 22:09

GT2_754B.pw1
GT2_Base_756.pw2
ERASE.pw3

CSR_756B.pw1
CSR_756B.pw2
ERASE.pw3

CSR_756B.pw1
CSR_756B.pw2
ERASE.pw3 (CSR File)

GT2_754B.pw1
GT2_Base_756.pw2
ERASE.pw3 (Gt2 version)

I tried to do this with my Turbo S wheel but it didn't work. I used 2 configurations.

1. CSR756B pw1 ; Turbo S756 pw2 ; Erase pw3 (turbo) makes no difference what so ever. Wheel is recognised as Turbo wheel
2. I used the 3 files of the CSR firmware. I was unable to put the wheel in pc mode, so couldn't use it in game. Also the auto calibration when powering on the wheel was very hard...

WadeOhh
12-05-2015, 04:16
I have a CSR with Clubsport pedals. Clutch not working but i can get great FFB on PS4 be setting tyre force in-game to 130.

On CSR my settings are

SENS 900
FF 100
Sho 100
Dri off
LIN off
ABS off
Dea - 000
Spr Off
dPr - Off
ACL Off

If FFB too heavy for larger cars then turn down FFB on wheel to suit - about 80 minimum.

I have the CSR too and am finding it difficult to find an appropriate setup. Thanks for providing these details. I look forward to trying them.

Just out of curiosity, you mention change tyre force to 130. Is everything else default (both in the options FFB calibration and the Garage FFB)?

Vylen
12-05-2015, 07:41
The settings help to make it somehow playable, but ...
- There is still a deadzone (although you don't feel it as much because of the tension of the wheel motor), making it hard to follow the raceline exactly.
- The FFB is still not 'intelligent', doesn't take the speed and cornering into consideration. Same goes for when you kickdown the throttle on a Formula A and completely skid, at that point the tension on the wheel should be gone completely, to make you realise you have no more grip at all. It doesn't do that.
- Going on curves or crashing does not trigger the smaller vibrations
- Besides that some other annoyances as KERS and DRS not assigned by default, when you map them, by accident you unbind other keys and are not allowed to get out of the menu any more.
- Ingame wheel settings reset.

So my thought is they didn't spend enough time mapping the cars behaviour onto the hardware, the announcement on support for Fanatec came quite close to release date. You feel me?

GAT_Montana
12-05-2015, 08:14
Has someone recognized that on the PS4 the fake ABS Wheel rumble dont work? Independent what I set on "Sho". This rumble normaly works depending on the pressure on the break pedal, Game independent. On PC it works, on PS4 its dead. Just a minor issue but strange.

GAT_Montana
12-05-2015, 08:17
The settings help to make it somehow playable, but ...
- There is still a deadzone (although you don't feel it as much because of the tension of the wheel motor), making it hard to follow the raceline exactly.
- The FFB is still not 'intelligent', doesn't take the speed and cornering into consideration. Same goes for when you kickdown the throttle on a Formula A and completely skid, at that point the tension on the wheel should be gone completely, to make you realise you have no more grip at all. It doesn't do that.
- Going on curves or crashing does not trigger the smaller vibrations
- Besides that some other annoyances as KERS and DRS not assigned by default, when you map them, by accident you unbind other keys and are not allowed to get out of the menu any more.
- Ingame wheel settings reset.

So my thought is they didn't spend enough time mapping the cars behaviour onto the hardware, the announcement on support for Fanatec came quite close to release date. You feel me?

I can tell you that Fanatec was participating from the early days of development. Never the less I agree on your points. Its a combination of to much Settings and a conservative use of possibilities. I am sure SMS will come up with a patch. The files from Jack Spade are a huge step into the right direction for instance.

Sankyo
12-05-2015, 08:26

On CSR my settings are

SENS 900
FF 100
Sho 100
Dri off
LIN off
ABS off
Dea - 000
Spr Off
dPr - Off
ACL Off

Ew, tyre force on 130?! Doesn't that give you constantly-clipping FFB?

Sik180sx
12-05-2015, 08:38
Any updates on progress regarding fixing of issues with 911 series wheels?

GAT_Montana
12-05-2015, 09:09
Ew, tyre force on 130?! Doesn't that give you constantly-clipping FFB?

Hi Remco, good to see you! On the V2 it leads to the well known Jolts but feels great in General. Jack Spade has also an intersting Setting, he says: reduce Tyre force to 75 and set the "For" to 140. You Need strong arms for that but it works. But also with those jolts unfortunatelly. I am afraid people try to compensate the missing canned effects with extremely high forces.

deejayjeanp
12-05-2015, 10:02
THE CLUTCHHHHH, the fucking clutch ! My CSR works fine after tweaking the FFB settings, but the clutch pedal doesn't work !
HOW, can you release a game, say that you support a wheel brand and then don't support the fucking clutch ?!
Reason why this made me mad is because I have played it on PC, with the same wheel and everything worked flawlessy !
Why can't ya'll just copy and paste the code for the wheels on PC, to PS4, they're basicly the now anyway these days..
I find it hard to believe, that you developers (granted you watch these forums) could release a game without knowing wether the clutch would work for that game

Mascot
12-05-2015, 10:18
Use my postet settings to optimize the deadzone. it works fine transitionally

Tried them last night - the deadzone did seem reduced. Thanks!

Gabba73
12-05-2015, 11:07
I tried to do this with my Turbo S wheel but it didn't work. I used 2 configurations.

1. CSR756B pw1 ; Turbo S756 pw2 ; Erase pw3 (turbo) makes no difference what so ever. Wheel is recognised as Turbo wheel
2. I used the 3 files of the CSR firmware. I was unable to put the wheel in pc mode, so couldn't use it in game. Also the auto calibration when powering on the wheel was very hard...
1. Use Erase.pw3 of CSR Firmware.
2. With all the files of CSR firmware your buttons are remapped and button to put in "pc Mode" is "up" of digital cross.

Fanatest
12-05-2015, 12:21
Edit:
This only currently affects the XBO version of the game:
/[MOVED]

vonb
12-05-2015, 13:00
Can those with a CSWv2 and CSSv1.5 and CSPv2 (or similar) confirm if neutral is recognised in game.

For example:
Manual Gears (YES)
Auto Clutch (NO)
Use H pattern shifter and relevant vehicle (something with a H pattern manual gear box)

Does neutral engage when the gear box is in the neutral position? (In my case no)

From my testing "neutral" is not recognised in pCars when the shifter is in the neutral position (the last selected gear stays enabled)

This can cause the vehicle to stall if you try to sit in neutral with (manual gears) at race start etc.

For example when I slow the car down, I drop the gearbox into neutral and bring the car to a halt. The car should technically idle, however the engine cuts out as it thinks (and reports) that it's still in gear.

Can any others users confirm the above.

Did you engage the clutch pedal when you shift to neutral?
If not, of course it will stay in the gear.
Because with AUTOCLUTCH NO, the gears only change with pressed clutch pedal.

Fanatest
12-05-2015, 13:02
Hi,

Wrong thread;)
The PS4 version works fine, this issue appears to only affect the XBO version.

Fanatest
12-05-2015, 16:00
CSWv2 Owners:

On the PS4 version of pCars can you please try the following:

Open a Free Practice session
Take the Capri to the Nordschleife
Bring the car to a complete stop
Now rotate your steering wheel left or right (as if to move your cars front wheels when stationary)

What do you experience, Please let me know your results.

I'm a beta tester for fanatec and am trying to track down if some of the issues encountered are specific to certain firmware revisions, formats hardware etc.

Titzon Toast
12-05-2015, 16:05
This is easily the most viewed PS4 thread on this site, have any devs posted here to reassure people that they're looking into the problem?
I have this game since release and I've barely played it so far because of the calibration problems with my Turbo-S.
My patience are wearing thin!

MONKEY3._.
12-05-2015, 16:18
This is easily the most viewed PS4 thread on this site, have any devs posted here to reassure people that they're looking into the problem?
I have this game since release and I've barely played it so far because of the calibration problems with my Turbo-S.

Yeah I'm hoping for some news at least to say they are aware of this. I'm a gt2 owner, got this game midnight of psn. Still not played more than 10-15 laps trying in vain to configure my wheel. Had a few races on the ds4, but just can't do it. I bought this game due to fanatec support. Still have faith though, got to keep the faith!!

Titzon Toast
12-05-2015, 17:56
Yeah I'm hoping for some news at least to say they are aware of this. I'm a gt2 owner, got this game midnight of psn. Still not played more than 10-15 laps trying in vain to configure my wheel. Had a few races on the ds4, but just can't do it. I bought this game due to fanatec support. Still have faith though, got to keep the faith!!
I'm an Aston Villa supporter, I've been living on faith for years.:D

MONKEY3._.
12-05-2015, 17:59
I'm an Aston Villa supporter, I've been living on faith for years.:D

Lol, Still a chance of FA CUP glory though. I wonder if my wheel will be working by then!?

Titzon Toast
12-05-2015, 18:12
Lol, Still a chance of FA CUP glory though. I wonder if my wheel will be working by then!?
mmm. Are you an old Forza head by any chance?

CrazyKoala29
12-05-2015, 18:16
So I have a fanatec csr wheel with the csr pedals, and I am trying to figure out weather to buy PRoject Cars on pc or ps4, have they're been many issues on ps4 for csr users?

MONKEY3._.
12-05-2015, 18:19
mmm. Are you an old Forza head by any chance?

I certainly am, forza 2 - 4 on XBOX 360. MONKEYIII. that series is dead now though. Nothing more than a cash cow for mr greenawalt and Microsoft. bought my fanatec for that game And race07, loved a bit of race pro on 360 as well.

K_Soze
12-05-2015, 18:30
CSWv2 Owners:

On the PS4 version of pCars can you please try the following:

Open a Free Practice session
Take the Capri to the Nordschleife
Bring the car to a complete stop
Now rotate your steering wheel left or right (as if to move your cars front wheels when stationary)

What do you experience, Please let me know your results.

I'm a beta tester for fanatec and am trying to track down if some of the issues encountered are specific to certain firmware revisions, formats hardware etc.

Just get my PS4 copy. Will try it this evening.

Titzon Toast
12-05-2015, 19:05
I certainly am, forza 2 - 4 on XBOX 360. MONKEYIII. that series is dead now though. Nothing more than a cash cow for mr greenawalt and Microsoft. bought my fanatec for that game And race07, loved a bit of race pro on 360 as well.

Cool beans, I actually thought you were a guy I knew from Forza.net when I saw Monkey in your name and that you were from Manchester!
I'm in the exact same boat as you, I played every Forza up to 4 and then watched in horror as 5 got shot down in flames!
It was fun while it lasted. Hopefully this game can take over from now on in.

Fanatest
12-05-2015, 19:48
Just get my PS4 copy. Will try it this evening.

Thanks K ;)
This will be very very useful, as it will help me pin point if this particular issue is firmware related, PS4 specific or <insert other variables here> etc.

I was using CSWv2, CSS v1.5, CSP v2 all connected to the v2 base, PCars defaults.

I just jumped directly into the free practice mode under those conditions. I have not yet tested other vehicles (as I needed to report my findings before close of play) So I will also test some more vehicles under the same conditions, however if you can replicate the issue under the same conditions, this indicates that the issue is not firmware specific (as you won't be running the same version as myself) and is more than likely an issue with the PS4 version of cars.

If you experience no issue under these conditions, then it could very well be "this" particular version of firmware that I am currently running.

Either way, the more info we collect the quicker it will get resolved/looked at :)

MONKEY3._.
12-05-2015, 20:11
Thanks K ;)
This will be very very useful, as it will help me pin point if this particular issue is firmware related, PS4 specific or <insert other variables here> etc.

I was using CSWv2, CSS v1.5, CSP v2 all connected to the v2 base, PCars defaults.

I just jumped directly into the free practice mode under those conditions. I have not yet tested other vehicles (as I needed to report my findings before close of play) So I will also test some more vehicles under the same conditions, however if you can replicate the issue under the same conditions, this indicates that the issue is not firmware specific (as you won't be running the same version as myself) and is more than likely an issue with the PS4 version of cars.

If you experience no issue under these conditions, then it could very well be "this" particular version of firmware that I am currently running.

Either way, the more info we collect the quicker it will get resolved/looked at :)

I don't believe you are a beta tester for fanatec.

HFCworks
12-05-2015, 20:30
hi guys,

just letting you know that i was thrilled to receive my porsche wheel today!
and it was huge letdown to find out it wasn't working properly :(
so i just updated the firmware of the wheel (from the fanatec download page) and i believe that it fixed the deadzone issue for me..
dont know about the ffb that isn't working cause i had to pause the game because the misses is on the phone right now...

HFCworks
12-05-2015, 20:51
took it around zolder for a few laps, set the wheel rotation very low (180) and i have zero to little problem with the deadzone which was huge before i did the update.
ffb is actually nothing... i feel the engine pushing but i get no response from the ffb (not like i'm used on my g27 with gt6)
i am seriously disapointed. i've bought a ps4, the porsche wheel and the game. just for being able to play this game... i'm glad i didn't order the expensive csw v2

Titzon Toast
12-05-2015, 21:36
We're all in the same boat man, grab an ore and start rowing!

K_Soze
13-05-2015, 00:10
The only thing I was first able to do was a quick race, no career mode (locked). FFB made almost impossible to turn wheels when stopped and then almost totally fade as soon as the car start to move. Firmware 65 at wheel start up. Not sure I will keep this game. Seems not even alpha to me... UI and inputs ask sometimes to use X on the wheel and sometimes on the pad. Not what I am waiting for from a console game.

xXDoc187Xx
13-05-2015, 00:51
hello Gabba (neighbor)

What about Fanatec 911 Turbo S ?

Sik180sx
13-05-2015, 02:12
What about Fanatec 911 Turbo S ?

All good mate the 911 turbo s has the same internals as those wheels,same firmwares and all.

Musebreako
13-05-2015, 05:20
Hey All,

I was looking at purchasing the "Porsche 911 GT2 Wheel" and "CSR Elite Pedals" since there is currently a online special. Is it worth grabbing this equipment for Project Cars on PS4 or just wait till the issues explain before are resolved which is hopefully soon?

MONKEY3._.
13-05-2015, 05:30
@musebreako

I as much as anyone would love to say yes go for it, buy fanatec, but at this moment in time I would say its unplayable with project cars. I truly believe that a patch is on the way though. It's a catch 22 situation mate. Do you buy in hope of patch or wait till the patch and maybe loose the deal. Fanatec are the best of the best mate, if you have a pc, ps3, Xbox 360 as well there is plenty of top quality games to play on them. If you just have a ps4 maybe go with the thrustmaster t300 or t500. I have heard these are quality wheel and pedal sets as well, but I have never used them though. what do others think.

Fanatest
13-05-2015, 06:38
The only thing I was first able to do was a quick race, no career mode (locked). FFB made almost impossible to turn wheels when stopped and then almost totally fade as soon as the car start to move. Firmware 65 at wheel start up. Not sure I will keep this game. Seems not even alpha to me... UI and inputs ask sometimes to use X on the wheel and sometimes on the pad. Not what I am waiting for from a console game.

Thank you for testing this.
Did you notice an issue where upon, when the vehicle is stationary, and the wheel is rotated, that the V2 base will jolt/judder rapidly and violently when you try to turn the wheel?

Using a v2 on PCars PS4 I experience this issue only with the PS4 version, leading me to believe it was related to that particular version of the game. However if you did not experience this, it could very well be related to the firmware I am using.

Thanks for testing and please let me know the results if you get a chance to test the original method posted.

Boss_335
13-05-2015, 07:11
@musebreako, I did what you're contemplating and I've got a shiny new wheel to play GT Academy on PS3 (Of course I could have done that on my G27 which is now is back in its box).

I'd say wait until guys like me are crowing about how great P Cars is on their 911 before you make a move. There's already talk that Fanatec are working on an update to the 911 wheel for PS4 anyway so you might miss out on the deal but get something better anyway. The game will only get cheaper (if you don't already have it) and you'll save yourself some frustration.

Considering SMS's plan seems to be to pack updates with monthly DLC we've probably got a three week wait until we see a patch on PS4 anyway.

Sankyo
13-05-2015, 07:14

Fanatec wheel functionality/support is being looked into right now by SMS.

Sankyo
13-05-2015, 07:15
It has nothing to do with belief, it's a fact ;)

MONKEY3._.
13-05-2015, 07:19
Well then apologies for my accusation.

Titzon Toast
13-05-2015, 08:05
Well then apologies for my accusation.

Too late, FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHT!

GBRC.C7
13-05-2015, 08:37

It has nothing to do with belief, it's a fact ;)

I have to say I had may doubts too, I would think that a beta tester would simply reflash his wheel with the current official firmware and test himself would take all of about 10mins, particularly if you are used to flashing the wheel to check an updated unofficial fw version.

Did he get an answer to his question by the way?

MONKEY3._.
13-05-2015, 08:59
Too late, FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHT!

Lol,

http://m.imgur.com/gallery/Ljc5bfS

Sankyo
13-05-2015, 09:04
I have to say I had may doubts too, I would think that a beta tester would simply reflash his wheel with the current official firmware and test himself would take all of about 10mins, particularly if you are used to flashing the wheel to check an updated unofficial fw version.

We (Fanatec, I work for them, too) need as much user feedback as possible about issues, depending only on single-system testing can be dangerous.

Mascot
13-05-2015, 09:13
Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but using the Fanatec GT2 d-pad to cycle through liveries one-by-one actually skips every second livery. The correct livery appears for a split second before the next one is permanently displayed (until the d-pad is pressed again). Hope that makes sense.

PS4, GT2 EU, Clubsport Pedals V1.

Fanatest
13-05-2015, 09:55

Hi,

Yea, it's very simple for me to test multiple firmware revision, and of course I do. However I am testing very specific firmware revisions and specific hardware revisions (on numerous different platforms). I can't possibly recreate every bug ever reported.

Due to the myriad of variables in most user set ups, it's imperative that once I confirm a bug is present on my system (and can be recreated every time) that I also get some users to confirm if the bug is present on their system too.

For example, a bug may only present its self under certain criteria, if I can recreate the bug every time under my very specific criteria, but a user can not, and the only difference between the user setup and my setup is "X" then, I would remove "X" from my setup and see if the bug still persists.

If not, I can then clearly state that the bug only exhibits its self under these conditions "YZ" allowing the team to be directed to exactly where the issue may exist "X"

By only testing and reporting from 1 base, I am severely limiting the reliability of my results.
Therefore, once I have been able to recreate a confirm a bug (under strictly controlled conditions) I will post the (sometimes boring) exact method of bug recreation to the team AND (depending on platform and/or version) to the community, to confirm if they too can recreate/experience the problem too.

If they do, I can then go back to the team with 20 users who can recreate the same issue, under the same strict conditions on v1/v2 bases with settings "YZ" on firmware version "AB and C" meaning that the issue is not inherently hardware specific, firmware specific, but in fact, appears to be platform specific and could be a SMS programming issue and not a fanatec firmware issue.

Thus, the issue may then be passed immediately to SMS (with full detailed instructions on how to recreate the issue) at which point they can investigate and fix accordingly.

I can assure you, there is method in the madness, it's standard QA practice ;)

K_Soze
13-05-2015, 09:57
Yes, I did a violent FFB input when the car was stopped then the wheel was almost impossible to turn.

Sankyo
13-05-2015, 09:59
Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but using the Fanatec GT2 d-pad to cycle through liveries one-by-one actually skips every second livery. The correct livery appears for a split second before the next one is permanently displayed (until the d-pad is pressed again). Hope that makes sense.

PS4, GT2 EU, Clubsport Pedals V1.
Does the D-pad navigation show this issue only in the livery selection?

Fanatest
13-05-2015, 10:06
Yes, I did a violent FFB input when the car was stopped then the wheel was almost impossible to turn.

Thank you K, this helps me greatly.

Now I know that this particular bug is NOT related directly to a specific firmware revision, or hardware revision or user setup or configuration of fanatec equipment.

As you are not using entirely the same hardware as me (different "X") this means this bug it's not directly related to (or specific to) the "other" devices currently being tested. (This is good news) :)

This therefore leads me to believe that this particular bug is more than likely an issue with the FFB on the PS4 version of the pCars, and is indeed an issue for SMS to resolve (not fanatec) as it's NOT present on the XBO or PC versions under the same (and different hardware/software configurations).

While I have fed this back to Fanatec already, I'm sure SMS/WMD team can now begin to test this (perhaps remco can direct this accordingly)

SMS can now perfectly recreate the issue (every time) and therefore easily (easier to) pin point the issue at hand.

Thanks again ;)

Sik180sx
13-05-2015, 10:23
What about the 911 turbo s,gt2,gt3 rs issues?

GBRC.C7
13-05-2015, 10:37
Hi,

Yea, it's very simple for me to test multiple firmware revision, and of course I do. However I am testing very specific firmware revisions and specific hardware revisions (on numerous different platforms). I can't possibly recreate every bug ever reported.

Due to the myriad of variables in most user set ups, it's imperative that once I confirm a bug is present on my system (and can be recreated every time) that I also get some users to confirm if the bug is present on their system too.

For example, a bug may only present its self under certain criteria, if I can recreate the bug every time under my very specific criteria, but a user can not, and the only difference between the user setup and my setup is "X" then, I would remove "X" from my setup and see if the bug still persists.

If not, I can then clearly state that the bug only exhibits its self under these conditions "YZ" allowing the team to be directed to exactly where the issue may exist "X"

By only testing and reporting from 1 base, I am severely limiting the reliability of my results.
Therefore, once I have been able to recreate a confirm a bug (under strictly controlled conditions) I will post the (sometimes boring) exact method of bug recreation to the team AND (depending on platform and/or version) to the community, to confirm if they too can recreate/experience the problem too.

If they do, I can then go back to the team with 20 users who can recreate the same issue, under the same strict conditions on v1/v2 bases with settings "YZ" on firmware version "AB and C" meaning that the issue is not inherently hardware specific, firmware specific, but in fact, appears to be platform specific and could be a SMS programming issue and not a fanatec firmware issue.

Thus, the issue may then be passed immediately to SMS (with full detailed instructions on how to recreate the issue) at which point they can investigate and fix accordingly.

I can assure you, there is method in the madness, it's standard QA practice ;)

Fair comment, I hadn't considered different hardware revisions of wheels as I assumed (perhaps wrongly) that a GT3 RS v2 was exactly that not whether it was a 2.01/2/3 etc. or a/b/c etc variant of the v2. How do us users know which version we have or is it just a case of serial number dependant?

K_Soze
13-05-2015, 10:48
Tester is a real job :) (I am a gameplay programmer so I know how complex tests processes are).

If Fanatest need some additional tests, count on me. I imagine hardware x firmware x issues count is already so high that finding repros is quite complex.

fbetes
13-05-2015, 10:50
What about the 911 turbo s,gt2,gt3 rs issues?
I agree!!!

Finally today I could play for my first time to PCars with my Fanatec Porsche 911 Turbo S. The game (patch 1 installed) recognize my wheel (PC Mode, v756 firmware), however I can't see my photo wheel in "Control Game Settings" and it's not possible to calibrate it (no square button) (only is possible reset settings -triangle button-). There is a HUGE DEADZONE in the game, and it's unplayable. There is no FFB at all. I think the issues are relationed with GT2, GT3 and Turbo S, however there is no issues with CSR wheels, because the game recognizes the wheel correctly and you can calibrate it in the game.

I've tried a lot of combinations in the game and in the wheel, and you can improve lightly the deadzone issue, however there is no sensations with FFB at all...

I'm very worried because of this issue, because I bought a PS4 exclusively for this game (I was a Fanatec Turbo S owner), and I hope this issue can be addressed soon...

I prefer waiting for a new patch, because I'm not going to install CSR firmware in my Turbo S wheel (GABBA73 solution, thanks for your info) because I'm afraid for bricking my wheel (warranty period expired).

Please SMS and Fanatec: be aware for this issue!!! A lot of people have bought a new console (a lot of money) exclusively for this game!!!

PD: sorry for my english

Sankyo
13-05-2015, 10:53
Thank you K, this helps me greatly.

Now I know that this particular bug is NOT related directly to a specific firmware revision, or hardware revision or user setup or configuration of fanatec equipment.

As you are not using entirely the same hardware as me (different "X") this means this bug it's not directly related to (or specific to) the "other" devices currently being tested. (This is good news) :)

This therefore leads me to believe that this particular bug is more than likely an issue with the FFB on the PS4 version of the pCars, and is indeed an issue for SMS to resolve (not fanatec) as it's NOT present on the XBO or PC versions under the same (and different hardware/software configurations).

While I have fed this back to Fanatec already, I'm sure SMS/WMD team can now begin to test this (perhaps remco can direct this accordingly)

SMS can now perfectly recreate the issue (every time) and therefore easily (easier to) pin point the issue at hand.

Thanks again ;)

So this FFB jolting at stand-still happens trough the whole steering range, or only at full lock?

HFCworks
13-05-2015, 10:58
same thing here, spent some money to be able to play this game even though i should be doing other things :-p

memoric77
13-05-2015, 11:03
for me it does only in livery

Fong74
13-05-2015, 11:11
New issue I experienced yesterday and of which I already heard from others. I waited to report it as I wanted to be sure:

When approaching a curb, the FFb rumble is activated a noticeable time before the car really hits the curb. Thats really confusing and it kills the immersion to quite an extent imho.

Repro steps:

Mode: Free Practice
Track: Brands Hatch GP
Car: Formula Rookie

Issue occurs: Westfield Bend (2nd of the three right sweepers), when approaching the left outer curb

Wheel settings: pls see my sig
InGame settings - Global: Force Feedback 100,
InGame settings - FF Calibration: Tire Force 110, Relative Adjust Gain 1,10, Relative Adjust Bleed 0,10, Relative Adjust Clamp 0,96
Car Setup - FF: Master Scale 52, Fx Scale 106, Fy Scale 102, Fz Scale 104
Rest default

Sankyo
13-05-2015, 11:13
for me it does only in livery
Does what? The skipping of liveries? What wheel?

Sankyo
13-05-2015, 11:15
New issue I experienced yesterday and of which I already heard from others. I waited to report it as I wanted to be sure:

When approaching a curb, the FFb rumble is activated a noticeable time before the car really hits the curb. Thats really confusing and it kills the immersion to quite an extent imho.

Repro steps:

Mode: Free Practice
Track: Brands Hatch GP
Car: Formula Rookie

Issue occurs: Westfield Bend (2nd of the three right sweepers), when approaching the left outer curb

Wheel settings: pls see my sig
InGame settings - Global: Force Feedback 100,
InGame settings - FF Calibration: Tire Force 110, Relative Adjust Gain 1,10, Relative Adjust Bleed 0,10, Relative Adjust Clamp 0,96
Car Setup - FF: Master Scale 52, Fx Scale 106, Fy Scale 102, Fz Scale 104
Rest default
Side question: With your settings of 100% FFB on-wheel and in-game, how can you play with 110% tire force and 52 Master Scale? Doesn't the FFB clip all the time?

Fanatest
13-05-2015, 11:18
Fair comment, I hadn't considered different hardware revisions of wheels as I assumed (perhaps wrongly) that a GT3 RS v2 was exactly that not whether it was a 2.01/2/3 etc. or a/b/c etc variant of the v2. How do us users know which version we have or is it just a case of serial number dependant?

Hi,

It doesn't/shouldn't affect the users, just the testers as we are the ones who test different hardware/software revisions.

What I was insinuating was not different bases for users, but different user configurations.

For example
Let's say an issue presented its self on my setup:
CSWv2, CSS v1.5 CSP v2 and "Rim" running firmware "X - Beta" and "Y - Certified" all exhibit the issue.

However, users using the exact same config/settings/in game settings etc but running a CSWv1 don't experience the issue.

This wouldn't indicate that perhaps the issue is specific to the CSWv2 firmware.

Much like the ACL setting that was causing "some" CSWv1 users to experience "issues"
This didn't affect those running a CSWv2 (under the same conditions) as this option not present in the v2 firmware.

Some CSWv1 owners (who had previously disabled ACL (and forgotten about it) in one of there 5 memory settings) were also not experiencing the "issues" that other CSWv1 owners were reporting, which then lead to confusion as to where the "issue" was actually originating from?

Was it game related, format specific, setting specific, firmware specific, why were some v1 owners experiencing it and not others, was it an game setting, button configure, FFB or tune setup, car specific, track specific etc...

As not everyone was experiencing it (even using the same hardware and firmware) it was difficult to pin point the exact cause of the issue. Until a pool of testing was done, all using the exact same configuration and eliminating options along the way. You can see why we try to pin it down so that it can be replicated each and every time now ;)

Additionally, as I'm not testing the issues with the GT3 (that will be someone else) I don't have any real insight about that, but I can assure you that both fanatec and its team of beta testers are working hard to replicate any/all any bugs that users are reporting and experiencing.

It doesn't matter if it's firmware related, game related platform specific etc whatever we find (as testers) and can replicate successfully, gets sent up the chain daily :)

I'm not a fanatec spokes person, and I too am experiencing some of the issues mentioned here, so you can be sure that I would like to get them all reported and resolved as soon as possible too. However we need to be constructive, informative and do our best to ensure that the information is sent to the appropriate department FIRST TIME to resolve, with as much detailed Information contained within the report as possible, whether it be at SMS or Fanatec, it doesn't matter, what matters is that we help as much as we possibly can :)

Fanatest
13-05-2015, 11:20
So this FFB jolting at stand-still happens trough the whole steering range, or only at full lock?

The entire range, All the way through the rotation (it's not the buffer at the end) ;)

When the car is at a complete stand still, and you try to turn/rotate the wheel even a. Fraction, it will violently jolt, snap, judder all the way through the rotation. It's quite jarring.

Fong74
13-05-2015, 11:21

Are you referencing the behaviour of the V2 on PS4 that it feels like you would have a toothed belt running inside the base while turning the wheel? That is one of the major diferences between PC and PS4. Would be great if that could be solved. I remember such cogging effects on the CSR. They were reduced significantly by firmware updates back then (not eliminated to a full extent of course as cogging appeared due to the construction of the CSR)

Fong74
13-05-2015, 11:26
Side question: With your settings of 100% FFB on-wheel and in-game, how can you play with 110% tire force and 52 Master Scale? Doesn't the FFB clip all the time?

Slight clipping under heavy load and hitting curbs maybe. Not noticeable for me tbh. I see it only while closely watching the telemetry. FFb seems consistent and just right for me overall. Loving it!

BTW, I use the BMW GT2 rim which is quite huge, so the overall strength is not an issue for me even when doing longer distances.

memoric77
13-05-2015, 11:30
We (Fanatec, I work for them, too) need as much user feedback as possible about issues, depending only on single-system testing can be dangerous.

For me it looks more like a TE then a QA. Try and Error! Sounds not serious at all. IMHO a well known, worldwide acting company have to own a wide range of devices to test within solid processes.

It's not like that just a little thing does not work, but rather an essential component is not working. Imho know the one hand not what makes the other, approach that does not seem to me professionally. Also, that there is almost a week no official statement by now, that the error is at least known and is working on a fix. so many "fans" have bought expensive hardware only for that game und you feel let down. disappointing!

Sankyo
13-05-2015, 11:32
For me it looks more like a TA then a QA. Try and Error! Sounds not serious at all. IMHO a well known, worldwide acting company have to own a wide range of devices to test within solid processes.

It's not like that just a little thing does not work, but rather an essential component is not working. Imho know the one hand not what makes the other, approach that does not seem to me professionally. Also, that there is almost a week no official statement by now, that the error is at least known and is working on a fix. so many "fans" have bought expensive hardware only for that game und you feel let down. disappointing!
Unfortunately, SMS is not the big company you think it is. It's being sorted right now, though, and Fanatec wheel support will be fixed in an upcoming patch.

K_Soze
13-05-2015, 11:38
It seems it is not a Fanatec specific issue. A friend that owns a T500Rs get the sames problems : when stopped, if you try to turn the wheel, it makes crazy sound and an FFB impulse. I describe the feeling I got with the CSW V2. it is the same with a T500Rs. So seems to really be on the PS4 pCars FFB side.

Fanatest
13-05-2015, 11:44
It seems it is not a Fanatec specific issue. A friend that owns a T500Rs get the sames problems : when stopped, if you try to turn the wheel, it makes crazy sound and an FFB impulse. I describe the feeling I got with the CSW V2. it is the same with a T500Rs. So seems to really be on the PS4 pCars FFB side.

Hi K
Yes would indeed indicate that it's a PS4 specific FFB issue, this is what I was able to confirm with Remco yesterday, however we needed/wanted to collect more user data to confirm (and assist) in pin pointing the source/route cause.

It's indeed very useful to know that this is also presenting its self in the T500 as SMS will now hopefully have enough data to locate and resolve the issue swiftly ;)

memoric77
13-05-2015, 11:45
@Remco
forgotten to quote. yes, skipping the livery. gt3rs v2.

can't you or other fanatec coworker, betatester etc. reproduce the listet errors?

Is it really the enduser who come for the first time in this rough problems? Has before release ever a fanatec or sms coworker played that game? Obviously was not even a gt2/gt3 wheel connected, no matter what firmware, otherwise the issues would be noticed immediately. we are just talking about the basics.

Dont missunderstand me, it's a awesome game and the devs have my apprecation, but this try and error proceed i can not comprehend.

Freak66
13-05-2015, 11:53
All good mate the 911 turbo s has the same internals as those wheels,same firmwares and all.

Hi!

as soon as I activate my 911 turbo S the whole game is getting unbelievably slow - in all Menus and while driving.

So for example, if you press X button in a menu it takes 7 seconds until the game reacts.
Dont have to say that its impossible to drive with a horrible frame rate of, lets say 0.1 ...
(its strange, but turning the wheel makes it all a little bit faster: so turning the wheel while pressing X results in a faster reaction and driving a straight line without wheel movement creates worse frame rate than driving sinous line)
Playing with controller works without problems.

Overviewing the posts it seems I am the only one with this specific problem on turbo S... :(

Am I really the only one and can anyone help?

P.S.: Wheel is in PC Mode and detected in Pcars controller menu
Latest Turbo S Firmware 756 and PS4 Pcars day one patch are installed.
I tested the wheel on my old Forza Motosport 4 on xbox 360: everything is functioning perfectly well there.

Gabba73
13-05-2015, 12:44

Yes, D-pad issue is only in livrery selection menu.

Fong74
13-05-2015, 12:48
An other issue atm is the fact that there is no FFB for collisions with any objects placed on the track while racing online. Those would be:

1. other cars
2. advertising billboards

This lack of feedback can lead to some unexpected crashes while racing wheel to wheel. It is one of those current issues that makes using pCars difficult for leagues etc.

tythefly86
13-05-2015, 13:06

I also have this problem amongst many others like the deadzone issue, no calibration options, showing up as the wrong wheel.

I have gt2 latest firmware with csr elite pedals on ps4 Honestly its barely usable.

Also i have only come accross this dpad issue in the livery navigation section no where else.

GBRC.C7
13-05-2015, 13:16
Additionally, as I'm not testing the issues with the GT3 (that will be someone else) I don't have any real insight about that, but I can assure you that both fanatec and its team of beta testers are working hard to replicate any/all any bugs that users are reporting and experiencing.
:)

Any idea when we might get some comment from "that someone else" who is dealing with the GT2 / GT3RS ?

I have the huge deadzone issue and also the flicking 2 liverys with one button press in the garage, it only happens in the garage and does it every time.

Running GT3RS V2, firmware 765 (latest download from fanatic site though the files are dated 08/08/12 .pw1, 07/12/12 .pw2 & 22/10/2011 .pw3 respectively), are these really the most up-to-date firmware files for a wheel that is on the market currently?

edit: - I have just checked the Europe, USA and Australian fanatic downloads and all are the same dates as above (Japan doesn't list the GT3)

PhaedrusSocrates
13-05-2015, 13:30
Hi K
Yes would indeed indicate that it's a PS4 specific FFB issue, this is what I was able to confirm with Remco yesterday, however we needed/wanted to collect more user data to confirm (and assist) in pin pointing the source/route cause.

It's indeed very useful to know that this is also presenting its self in the T500 as SMS will now hopefully have enough data to locate and resolve the issue swiftly ;)

FANATEST - as memoric put's it well, there is far more BASIC issue that we all would like to hear from you about.

If you can answer, please? It's about fact that GT3/GT2/911 are not even recognised as wheels by the game - they seem to be just EMULATING CONTROLLER input, not having true direct communication between - game - wheel coding via drivers like THEY DO ON PC... There is no calibration options at all, nor many other option also! And in most places games describes that we have chosen to play with the controller...

Ok, so can you give us direct answer, please? How much are GT3/GT2/911 really coded for real FF (LIKE THEY ARE ON PC!) or more on a side of emulating controller input?

Thank you

joedoro
13-05-2015, 14:27

Single system testing can be dangerous? Wasn't that the point of consoles coming into existence in the first place.i.e. to avoid all of the problems of various components in computers causing game problems that made troubleshooting so difficult?

So are you suggesting that each PS4 is just a little different from the next PS4 and that some Fanatec wheels of the same type are different from other wheels of the same type and thus 2 identical PS4/Fanatec setups might behave differently? I thought that was what was called quailty control.

Clearly, before this game was released, no one at either SMS or Fanatec actully set up a PS4 with a Fanatec wheel (for example in my case a 911 Turbo S). Otherwise, they would have identified these problems immmediately and not tell people that this setup was compatible with the game. Probably, somebody just winged it and figured the code looked good and would work. I wish somebody would just admit it. But if it is true that someone actually used this setup and it worked, then there is something terribly wrong with this whole console peripheral concept.

I purchasaed a PS4 solely for this game so I could play it in front of my TV instead of getting a new computer and dealing with all of the negative asthetic aspects of that whole thing. My set up is a Turbo S with a Playseat Challenge and Sony Home Theater headphones so when I'm done I just fold everything up and the room is clear. How great it was to believe that we could get a real racing sim on a console.

Anyway, back to my PS3 and F1.

Fong74
13-05-2015, 14:30
Update - Current list of Fanatec issues from www.konsolenracer.de - 13th of May 2015 -

1. [CSW V1/V2] FFb strength is set to 100 by default. It feels like the 50 from the PC version (Work-Around: set a higher value than 26 for the FFb Master Scale in the car setup section; remember: this is done on a car basis)
2. [CSW V1/V2, GT3 V2] There is noticeable cogging around the neutral position of the wheel. It is not present on the PC. (Work-Around: None)
3. [CSW V1/V2] FFb disappears occasionally (Work-Around: turn the wheel off and on while in a menue; alternatively you can leave a gema mode and re-enter; both solve this issue)
9. [All Wheels] By calibrating the pedals you loose the option to use brake/throttle pedals as L1/R2 buttons which are crucial for navigating the menues (Work-Around: do not calibrate your pedals, they should work just fine without it anyway; if you did a calibration and lost L1/R1 restart the game and wheel)
12. [CSW V1/V2] Premature FFb effects for some curbs occuring already before car hits it (e.g. Brands Hatch, Westfield Bend (2nd of the three right sweepers), when approaching the left outer curb) (Work-Around: none)
13. [All wheels] No FFB effects for collisions while racing online (other cars, advertising billboards) (Work-Around: none)

Updates/Extensions/Feedback is always highly welcome! :angel:

GBRC.C7
13-05-2015, 14:55
This last post is a prime reason we need separate fanatec ps4 threads for each wheel, anybody glancing at the last post would assume that there are no problems with the GT2 as it's not mentioned at all and that the only GT3 issue is due to people running old firmware and that one has been resolved.

memoric77
13-05-2015, 15:19
Everybody would calm down, if there would be an official statement about the known sorted bugs. Normaly the devs knowing them more than the user himself. A generaly Information like for the XBone controller issue would be sufficient. Giving users the feeling to be heard and beeing understood, although there is a lot to do, we know. This would stop this numerous assumptions and "fears".

In "Google Translate" I trust ;)

Sankyo
13-05-2015, 15:24
FANATEST - as memoric put's it well, there is far more BASIC issue that we all would like to hear from you about.

If you can answer, please? It's about fact that GT3/GT2/911 are not even recognised as wheels by the game - they seem to be just EMULATING CONTROLLER input, not having true direct communication between - game - wheel coding via drivers like THEY DO ON PC... There is no calibration options at all, nor many other option also! And in most places games describes that we have chosen to play with the controller...

Ok, so can you give us direct answer, please? How much are GT3/GT2/911 really coded for real FF (LIKE THEY ARE ON PC!) or more on a side of emulating controller input?

Thank you

This is a known issue (Fanatec wheels being recognized as a 911 Turbo S, which is then treated as a gamepad) and already fixed, and will be solved asap in an upcoming patch.

GBRC.C7
13-05-2015, 15:33
If the devs know then an official statement would calm everything down, but at the moment we don't have that a week after release.
While I realise there are people out there with some feedback issues with the Club sport and CSR these are nothing in comparison to the GT2 / GT3.
Fanatec and SMS should make an official statement on these issues as we were told months ago that these wheels were supported by Project Cars. The current usability level on them is not wheel support its nothing more than treating these wheels as a big DS4.....

GBRC.C7
13-05-2015, 15:36
This is a known issue (Fanatec wheels being recognized as a 911 Turbo S, which is then treated as a gamepad) and already fixed, and will be solved asap in an upcoming patch.

That's great, when will that be officially announced and when will it be available.

PhaedrusSocrates
13-05-2015, 15:39

Ah, no, nope... I'm afraid you misunderstood, that's all...

Real deal is question, are those wheel coded for the same quality of FF, same detail, same precision of input/output as they are on PC version??? (and with same menus)? Or is it more of an controller based emulation?

You see, it is very difficult for me to believe that they are because these wheels don't even have calibration option... And NOT ONLY THAT, they lack plenty of OTHER options too...

Are you saying that SMS programmed all those menus (for calibration, tyre force and many other) but that a simple bug is preventing us from accesing them?

That bug has simply removed them so completely that it removed everything - menus and options AND effects alltogether?

Maybe you are saying that, but maybe we have misunderstood each other?

So, to clarify - "Real deal is question, are those wheel coded for the same quality of FF, same detail, same precision of input/output as they are on PC version??? (and with same menus?) Or is it more of a controller based emulation"

memoric77
13-05-2015, 15:44

Real deal is question, are those wheel coded for the same quality of FF, same detail, same precision of input/output as they are on PC version??? (and with same menus)? Or is it more of an controller based emulation?

You see, it is very difficult for me to believe that they are because these wheels don't even have calibration option... And NOT ONLY THAT, they lack plenty of OTHER options too...

Are you saying that SMS programmed all those menus (for calibration, tyre force and many other) but that a simple bug is preventing us from accesing them?

That bug has simply removed them so completely that it removed everything - menus and options AND effects alltogether?

So, to clarify - "Real deal is question, are those wheel coded for the same quality of FF, same detail, same precision of input/output as they are on PC version??? (and with same menus?) Or is it more of a controller based emulation"

Heaven or Hell, buy or sell... unfortunately it rhymes

PhaedrusSocrates
13-05-2015, 15:46
Heaven or Hell, buy or sell... unfortunately it rhymes

No, man, it is not so drastic. Really it isn't... If these wheels are not coded like that, then I BELIEVE THEY WILL BE in time, to be just as great as THEY ARE on PC...

SMS did a fantastic job on PC :) They can do the same on PS4, no doubt, but they are avoiding this issue a bit... I understand them, sure, BUT more pressure we put on them to come clean - sooner those wheel will work perfectly as they do on PC ;)

GBRC.C7
13-05-2015, 16:50

The particular problem I have with this statement coming from GT background on consoles is the ASAP, PD have been promising things as soon as possible that were announced before gt6 release that are still not in place 18 months later.

I think an awful lot of people are going to get very annoyed if the same sort of timescale comes into play in this instance. Pcars only released in the US yesterday and I would expect an awfully hard time over there in the coming hours if these issues aren't at least formally commented on by the two parties concerned.

GrimGrnninGhost
13-05-2015, 16:52
Update - Current list of Fanatec issues from www.konsolenracer.de - 13th of May 2015 -

1. [CSW V1/V2] FFb strength is set to 100 by default. It feels like the 50 from the PC version (Work-Around: set a higher value than 26 for the FFb Master Scale in the car setup section; remember: this is done on a car basis)
3. [CSW V1/V2] FFb disappears occasionally (Work-Around: turn the wheel off and on while in a menue; alternatively you can leave a gema mode and re-enter; both solve this issue)
9. [All Wheels] By calibrating the pedals you loose the option to use brake/throttle pedals as L1/R2 buttons which are crucial for navigating the menues (Work-Around: do not calibrate your pedals, they should work just fine without it anyway; if you did a calibration and lost L1/R1 restart the game and wheel)
12. [CSW V1/V2] Premature FFb effects for some curbs occuring already before car hits it (e.g. Brands Hatch, Westfield Bend (2nd of the three right sweepers), when approaching the left outer curb) (Work-Around: none)
13. [All wheels] No FFB effects for collisions while racing online (other cars, advertising billboards) (Work-Around: none)

It seems a bit biased that these are primarily around the top end wheels that is getting the attention.

What about the huge dead zone in the Porsche and csr wheels or the fact that the Porsche wheels are showing as controllers. Or did I miss that in the above quote. I appreciate all the work that is going on but perception is killing this right now

Also, #6 is impacting csr wheel also yet it only mentions csw.

BadMuzzaFuzza
13-05-2015, 17:29
I bought the GT3 Bundle from Fanatec and received it yesterday to use with PCars on my PS4.

Now, I'm not sure If I should even open the boxes or just return them for a refund... Clearly Fanatec's public relationship department is non-existent and I really don't want to end up with a $300 dollar paperweight.

GBRC.C7
13-05-2015, 17:40
If I were you at the moment I wouldn't open the boxes if you purchased the wheel for pcars on ps4.

The kit is great but without knowing how it will work in game I would do nothing with the kit until you know the level it's supported at.

Edit to add, at the moment it's supported like a DS4 with a big wheel attached to the steering axis that you turn rather than move left or right.

Give them a few days then send it back and buy thrustmaster even though the pedals are pants in comparison.

Gabba73
13-05-2015, 18:18

Gt2, gt3 and 911 will work as on PC. CSR, same hardware of 911 series, already works as on PC and has proper calibration and ff menu. I forced istallation of CSR firmware on my gt2 and got my wheel recognized as a wheel from the game and got calibration and FF menu. In game my gt2 modded with CSR firmware works as on PC.
So is just a bug that our wheel are recognized as gamepad.

GBRC.C7
13-05-2015, 18:33
Gabba, thanks for that research over the last few days, but,

If the devs know then an official statement would calm everything down, but at the moment we don't have that a week after release.
While I realise there are people out there with some feedback issues with the Club sport and CSR these are nothing in comparison to the GT2 / GT3.
Fanatec and SMS should make an official statement on these issues as we were told months ago that these wheels were supported by Project Cars. The current usability level on them is not wheel support its nothing more than treating these wheels as a big DS4.....

If there isn't an official statement in the next 24 hours I have already set in motion something to provoke a response from the Directors of SMS and Fanatec on this issue.

Titzon Toast
13-05-2015, 19:27
Gabba, thanks for that research over the last few days, but,

If there isn't an official statement in the next 24 hours I have already set in motion something to provoke a response from the Directors of SMS and Fanatec on this issue.
Are you some sort of bond villain by any chance?!

GBRC.C7
13-05-2015, 19:44
NO. I am from S.M.I.R.S.H.

Seriously though, the communication form both CEOs isn't good enough and will be challenged.

Watch the press, who in terms of game press currently don't know the situation or know the fix but have been told to keep a lid on it.
Huge release, massive problems with a peripheral publicly announced at the time of the last delay and no comment anywhere apart from here and gtplanet. If you doubt that Google project cars & fanatec....

Titzon Toast
13-05-2015, 20:04
NO. I am from S.M.I.R.S.H.

Seriously though, the communication form both CEOs isn't good enough and will be challenged.

Watch the press, who in terms of game press currently don't know the situation or know the fix but have been told to keep a lid on it.
Huge release, massive problems with a peripheral publicly announced at the time of the last delay and no comment anywhere apart from here and gtplanet. If you doubt that Google project cars & fanatec....

I agree totally man, the wall of silence infuriates gamers no end. I've seen it happen with loads of games before , we all have no doubt.
A little acknowledgement would go a long way.

waters10
13-05-2015, 20:27
I have a Turbo S wheel, so looking forward to the patch. But I don't get what you guys are saying about wall of silence and devs acknowledging the issues. There are 2 fanatec employees, one of them an admin here, saying the fix has been identified and a patch is on its way. Honestly, this is more than a lot of other games get. It's as official as it gets ... Let's just keep some perspective here.

PhaedrusSocrates
13-05-2015, 21:07
Gt2, gt3 and 911 will work as on PC. CSR, same hardware of 911 series, already works as on PC and has proper calibration and ff menu. I forced istallation of CSR firmware on my gt2 and got my wheel recognized as a wheel from the game and got calibration and FF menu. In game my gt2 modded with CSR firmware works as on PC.
So is just a bug that our wheel are recognized as gamepad.

Oh, man, no, I just don't really KNOW... you know :) ... When you have managed to force CSR firmware on GT3, then maybe you just fooled the game into thinking it is connected with the CSR and NOT with the GT3... especially when they have same hardware?

Luxman_
13-05-2015, 21:33

I appreciate your work and suport in this tread

I have a Fanatec set , CSW V2 , V2 CSP , CSS 1.5.
Within these issues I have experienced all of them...

11. [CSW V1/V2, CSS] CSS does not work in sequential mode (Work-Around: none) It works, but wen you assign the keys it apears Gear Shift Up / Gear Shift Down says "Invalid Input" but it works! Just work the sequencial or pads on rim, one in time. You have to remap every time you want to use one of them.

With manual clutch, is possible put gears without press the clutch pedal. :(

With some cars like...

Kart 125 shifter/250cc
Lotus 49
Lotus 72D
Formula C

The ffb in this cars is extremely low! :(

Keep the great suport in this tread.

WhiteMarine
13-05-2015, 23:22
I have a CSR wheel with CSR Elite pedals so have been lucky that the only issues seem to be minor bugs that are a nuisance but not a game changer except the clutch pedal. Probably already in the thread but ill put my issues anyway.

When in the game if the wheel loses its connection which has happened a fair few times the game crashes and you need to reload. Also happens if you turn the wheel off.
The directional button on liveries skips a livery almost every time so you have to keep selecting random and hope you get the one you want. Every wheel has this problem.
No right d pad to scroll through some menus or scoreboards. Every wheel again.
Force feedback is very random and if you spin the car the wheel turns hard in a direction and takes your thumb with it, can be painful but I think this applies to all.
The brake pedal on occasion fails to respond which requires a restart of the wheel and game. There is no ABS feedback either but is this because I don't use ABS assist?

Sorry to anyone who cant play the game properly but the main issue I have is the wheel turning off and having to restart the game. Every time the brake fails to work or the force feedback isn't correct and leaving to main menu doesn't fix the issue I have to restart the wheel and game. BMW M1 Procar is a good example for me with random FFB. Practice is strong and tight then quali and the race loose or none existent.

Linx
13-05-2015, 23:30
I have a CSR (not Elite) with CSR Elite pedals. I just bought a PS4 last Saturday for this game alone. Problems I'm having is the usual- no clutch (though I mapped it to L3 in order to play), livery jumps 2 when trying to select, and very little to no FFB and no vibration motors during crashes and going over rumble curbs. Also the hard turning during low speeds or stops. I did notice another thing. With the little FFB I do get, the wheel tends to feel very loose during straight line driving. I checked this playing Forza 4 and the wheel works fine. But this is probably due to the lite FFB. I haven't made any changes to the FFB settings from first popping in the game.

joedoro
13-05-2015, 23:36
I have a Turbo S wheel, so looking forward to the patch. But I don't get what you guys are saying about wall of silence and devs acknowledging the issues. There are 2 fanatec employees, one of them an admin here, saying the fix has been identified and a patch is on its way. Honestly, this is more than a lot of other games get. It's as official as it gets ... Let's just keep some perspective here.

I agree with you in that there has been some acknowledgement that there is a problem and that it will be fixed. And in reality this is just a game so things need to be kept in perspective. But, just because the gaming industry is filled with slime balls, defending it by saying we have a message from someone in the company acknowledging that the problem is identified and a patch will be forthcoming just doesn't cut it. Because it is clear to me that no one on the dev team actually ever sat down with a PS4 and Turbo S wheel to see if it actually worked. If they had, it would have been obvious to them that it didn't work. This isn't like the pc side of things where when crap happens and a game doesn't work you can blame one of the myraid parts suppliers by saying "well, it worked on my rig". This is the whole point of consoles - identical hardware. So having the head folks at SMS and Fanatec comming out and saying - "yeah we cut some corners and figured the code looked good and figured the hardware would work rather than actually testing it and we screwed up and we are sorry" would go a long way with me. I know, they are a small comapny , blah, blah,blah but with 15 wheels and pedals for the PS4, so maybe 20 or even 30 combinations, at 30 minutes each to set up and turn on just to see if they fundamentally worked would have taken some tester 2 days at most. And going to the Xbox side and PC side, maybe a week. So no symapthy from me.

I too own a Turbo S and the only reason I purchasaed a PS4 is because the company had a press release saying that this wheel was supported. If I had known that the game did not support it at this point I would not have wasted time going to Target and getting the console (which sits idle now since I have no interest in other games. It did come with The Last of Us so I tried it - all I can say is that after doing that I put in my advanced directive (I'm 66) that if my family ever sees me playing a game like that again, they can "pull the plug") then getting the game and then actually screwing around with it for several hours only to find this forum and discover the problems.

So who gives me back all the time I wasted as the result of a fraudulant claim?

Linx
13-05-2015, 23:41
Another thing I'd like to note is I tried blipping the clutch (using the L3 button) in turns as if I was to heel/toe. Giving the button a quick tap and the clutch would act as if I was holding it down for longer then my blip

waters10
14-05-2015, 01:39
I agree with you in that there has been some acknowledgement that there is a problem and that it will be fixed. And in reality this is just a game so things need to be kept in perspective. But, just because the gaming industry is filled with slime balls, defending it by saying we have a message from someone in the company acknowledging that the problem is identified and a patch will be forthcoming just doesn't cut it. Because it is clear to me that no one on the dev team actually ever sat down with a PS4 and Turbo S wheel to see if it actually worked. If they had, it would have been obvious to them that it didn't work. This isn't like the pc side of things where when crap happens and a game doesn't work you can blame one of the myraid parts suppliers by saying "well, it worked on my rig". This is the whole point of consoles - identical hardware. So having the head folks at SMS and Fanatec comming out and saying - "yeah we cut some corners and figured the code looked good and figured the hardware would work rather than actually testing it and we screwed up and we are sorry" would go a long way with me. I know, they are a small comapny , blah, blah,blah but with 15 wheels and pedals for the PS4, so maybe 20 or even 30 combinations, at 30 minutes each to set up and turn on just to see if they fundamentally worked would have taken some tester 2 days at most. And going to the Xbox side and PC side, maybe a week. So no symapthy from me.

I too own a Turbo S and the only reason I purchasaed a PS4 is because the company had a press release saying that this wheel was supported. If I had known that the game did not support it at this point I would not have wasted time going to Target and getting the console (which sits idle now since I have no interest in other games. It did come with The Last of Us so I tried it - all I can say is that after doing that I put in my advanced directive (I'm 66) that if my family ever sees me playing a game like that again, they can "pull the plug") then getting the game and then actually screwing around with it for several hours only to find this forum and discover the problems.

So who gives me back all the time I wasted as the result of a fraudulant claim?
Look, I never tried to defend them or try to minimize how this bug is affecting you. My point is very simple. You guys saying there's no communication, that they're not acknowledging the issue. That's just not true. It may not cut it to you, like you said, but there is communication in this very same thread. Multiple communication in fact. That is more than the gaming community gets from most, if not all released games.

Not only that, it's not true that the wheel is recognized as a controller. We have force feedback and gear number showing in the LED display. Those are not functions available in the DS4. We have guys saying putting a CSR firmware addresses the issues. We have 2 fanatec guys saying they found the issue. Honestly, at this point, everything is pointing to just a delay on proper support. I can imagine a lot of worse scenarios.

pietrogiulia
14-05-2015, 03:00
A bit more GT3 RS v2 (firmware 756) love here. I understand that most of these issues have been raised in the thread, but the emphasis has largely been on the other wheels:

- Massive dead zone
- Recognised as Turbo S
- Can't configure buttons
- D-pad doesn't really work in game (can't turn wipers and headlights on, and when trying to reconfigure these buttons in settings, it won't let me!)
- FFB very week/non-existent
- DS4 unresponsive when the wheel is connected

That's all I have at the moment as I only used the wheel for a few corners. Hope to have a fix from SMS soon!

Let's not forget that the game is great btw - it'll just be better when our wheels work!

StueyRowls
14-05-2015, 03:48
A bit more GT3 RS v2 (firmware 756) love here. I understand that most of these issues have been raised in the thread, but the emphasis has largely been on the other wheels:

- Massive dead zone
- Recognised as Turbo S
- Can't configure buttons
- D-pad doesn't really work in game (can't turn wipers and headlights on, and when trying to reconfigure these buttons in settings, it won't let me!)
- FFB very week/non-existent
- DS4 unresponsive when the wheel is connected

That's all I have at the moment as I only used the wheel for a few corners. Hope to have a fix from SMS soon!

Let's not forget that the game is great btw - it'll just be better when our wheels work!

I too have a GT3 RS v2 running firmware 756 (with CSR pedals) on PS4 and I'm experiencing the same issues.

Main issue is the massive deadzone and inability to map buttons in the controller configuration.

Fong74
14-05-2015, 05:03

I noticed yesterday, while having a look at clipping issues after Remcos hint, that the cogging effect can be seen clearly in the telemetry. While going slow on straights and turning the wheel, there are lots of small spikes on the White line. I was surprised as I assumed that the cogging is more of a V2 base internal issue (it feels like that at least).

I dont know if that helps or if Fanatec is on that issue already (which I assume), I just wanted to report it. Apologies if that has already been posted...

Fong74
14-05-2015, 05:09
It seems a bit biased that these are primarily around the top end wheels that is getting the attention.

What about the huge dead zone in the Porsche and csr wheels or the fact that the Porsche wheels are showing as controllers. Or did I miss that in the above quote. I appreciate all the work that is going on but perception is killing this right now

Also, #6 is impacting csr wheel also yet it only mentions csw.

"Updates/Extensions/Feedback is always highly welcome!" is the important line here...
Please feel free to update/extend the list or single aspects of it like the content of the leading bracket e.g.

The list is just what the guys from my racing communuty reported/experienced. Most of them use a V2/V1. I only documented what was reproduced by several People...

331 LX
14-05-2015, 05:49
I don't want to beat a dead horse here but..

I have been waiting for this game for years as everyone else. I purchased an Xbox for Forza 5 and sad to find out my GT2 and CSP Elites weren't compatible. So, a few weeks ago I hear the GT2 is going to be compatible with ProjectCars on the PS4.. Fast forward to Monday night after a long weekend of thinking, do I just by a Thrustmaster and use shit pedals? Or keep my Fanatec, buy a PS4 and play the game of awesomeness! Well, I chose the latter.

As I get home and install everything, no luck with my GT2. So I read all the pages in this thread and try to update the firmware on my GT2 only to find out you can't use a Macbook. LOL Today I went out to my parents home because they had an old Desktop on Windows XP, take the wheel and get it up and going. I download the files from fanatec and find out the desktop needs 42 updates. At this point I'm laughing, quite a bit and 2 hours later updates are finished.

After allll of that I go to load the drivers and the machine wouldn't load them properly, or recognize the wheel for that matter. After reading and more reading I gave up and come home to cook a large ribeye to ease the pain.

Moral of the story- I've wasted a lot of time and effort thus far. ;)

I hope I can find someone with a recent enough windows machine to update my firmware, it's been a pain in the ass for a video game.

Cheers everybody and thanks for the input.

x1avation
14-05-2015, 06:03
Has ain body been able to get the H pattern shifter. To work on the gt2 are gt3 wheel yet? This is one thing I want to work so bad.

Linx
14-05-2015, 06:52
So today I come home and try the FFB settings people have posted. I'm a bit confused as this isn't really feedback but just makes the wheel a bit stiffer to steer. I'm not feeling what the car is doing such as losing traction and such. Is this the case with these settings or did I do something wrong?
Now I also have a different issue regarding my wheel. Within the last month or so while playing Forza 4, I occasionally get a different feel with the FFB. When holding the wheel in turns, especially long sweeping curves, the feedback I get is as if I'm driving over the rumble strips/curbs. It would act like this for a while and then eventually go back to feeling normal FFB, and then eventually go back to feeling what I just explained. I'm not sure if this is a cogging issue as what I've seen mentioned here a few times. I saw a You Tube video of a CSW cogging but it seemed to do it at a slower rate then mine. There's no abnormal noise. Resetting the wheel doesn't help it. And when I last played Forza it started to do it and now with PCars it's still there. I have a CSR by the way with firmware 756. I'm wondering if it's time to buy a new wheel and with the issues here, I'm starting to consider a Thrustmaster.

memoric77
14-05-2015, 07:01
I too have a GT3 RS v2 running firmware 756 (with CSR pedals) on PS4 and I'm experiencing the same issues.

Main issue is the massive deadzone and inability to map buttons in the controller configuration.

I too have a GT3 RS v2 running firmware 756 with padels. You can map the buttons. Be sure, that engine start is being maped, if you turned automatic engine start off. You need to map the handbrake and KERS too.

StueyRowls
14-05-2015, 07:32
I too have a GT3 RS v2 running firmware 756 with padels. You can map the buttons. Be sure, that engine start is being maped, if you turned automatic engine start off. You need to map the handbrake and KERS too.

Do your settings save after you quit the game? If I try to map any buttons it resets to default every time I reset the game.

memoric77
14-05-2015, 07:37
Do your settings save after you quit the game? If I try to map any buttons it resets to default every time I reset the game.

No, I've to map them again. But meanwhile I need only 1, 5 min to do this incl. adjust the "controller" sensitivity, deadzone etc.

Sankyo
14-05-2015, 08:35
With manual clutch, is possible put gears without press the clutch pedal. :(
Actually this is perfectly possible in real (race) cars as well. And if I'm not mistaken, just in real life it has a larger risk in the game of damaging your gearbox if you don't do it properly.

Sankyo
14-05-2015, 08:56

Since the devs are actually hard at work and the amount of postings being put up per second is rather overwhelming so the devs wouldn't be able to follow everything by far anyway, you'll have to take my statement as the official one :) Since I'm closely involved with the implementation and bug fixing of Fanatec controller support in the game, being in contact with both the SMS devs and Fanatec, it should be close enough :)

The only thing I don't now is when exactly it will be patched, but you can be sure that it won't be held back longer than absolutely necessary.

Giustaf
14-05-2015, 09:20
which setup you used for CSW v2 (in the game and in the CSW wheel setup)? I want a ffb like Assetto Corsa...thx!

HFCworks
14-05-2015, 10:26
hi Remco, is there any ETA on the patch ?

K_Soze
14-05-2015, 10:51
Just to add a little to what Remco said, imagine programmers coding and testing 20 hours a day trying to understand what happens with the Fanatec driver and ps4 usb drivers. Programmers can not do anything more than that. They are not allowed to directly give hints to players. So once programmers are sure about their fixes and once devtesters will have validated that the fixes fix the problems then they will communicate about a patch.

Titzon Toast
14-05-2015, 12:23
Since the devs are actually hard at work and the amount of postings being put up per second is rather overwhelming so the devs wouldn't be able to follow everything by far anyway, you'll have to take my statement as the official one :) Since I'm closely involved with the implementation and bug fixing of Fanatec controller support in the game, being in contact with both the SMS devs and Fanatec, it should be close enough :)

The only thing I don't now is when exactly it will be patched, but you can be sure that it won't be held back longer than absolutely necessary.

Happy days, thank you very much.

Davolaa919
14-05-2015, 12:37
Hope they get it sorted soon not happy at all tbf! Brought a ps4 and a bloody fanatec wheel and the issues are just silly how they couldn't see the issues in testing! Please sort it cause I feel like I've been bloody robbed putting out all that cash to just bloody sit and look at the console and wheel! Any news on a patch! I've got gt2 wheel and clubsport EU pedals please sort it soon!!!!!!!!!!!

frankos888
14-05-2015, 12:44
In my opinion the fact they advertsed tve gt3 wheel was compatable is ridiculous as surely the devs must have plugged it in and spotted the issues.
I am suck to death of this happening time after time with games. We the gamers are getting treated like idiots.
I amclnsidering suing them for false advertising and getting the money back for the game and wheel as a matter of principle.

Davolaa919
14-05-2015, 12:53
In my opinion the fact they advertsed tve gt3 wheel was compatable is ridiculous as surely the devs must have plugged it in and spotted the issues.
I am suck to death of this happening time after time with games. We the gamers are getting treated like idiots.
I amclnsidering suing them for false advertising and getting the money back for the game and wheel as a matter of principle.

To right mate! Why advertise it and then not check? Always the same with new games and it was even held back for ages! Thought going from Xbox to ps4 would be diff but all the bloody same 😕

GBRC.C7
14-05-2015, 12:55
There are announcements of an xbox patch
http://www.ibtimes.com/project-cars-get-xbox-one-patch-improvements-ps4-ghosting-effect-explained-1917707

nothing of that nature for the PS4 yet.

when it is announced I would then expect 3 days or so of Bandai Namco testing, the same or more of Sony testing and then a week or so for it to actually get signed off and onto the patch system.

If I were betting on it I would say that we may get an announcement in a few days but its then at-least a fortnight till its delivered after that, so I'm now not expecting any solution before June at the earliest.

on the GT2 / 3RS front I still have some serious doubts, if this wheel can be made to work with the PS4 in a fully supported way as we have been told pre-launch and in this thread why wouldn't that also be possible with the xbox (it only supports Clubsport V1 & V2 I believe form the Fanatec range)?

HipMusic
14-05-2015, 13:26
My csr doesn't connect at all. It's in pc mode and the firmware is up to date but I press the x button at the start menu and nothing happens.

Azure Flare
14-05-2015, 14:08
I don't know if this has been said already, but I think I have figured out how to eliminate deadzone for Fanatec wheels, or at least on the CSW. If the in-game deadzone is 5, there is a lot of deadzone, even worse with wheel settings.

If the in-game deadzone is set to 0, the steering starts freaking out and does weird things.

How to fix? Reset the wheel settings and don't touch the in-game setting (the default is 1), and leave the wheel deadzone to 0.

basementdweller2
14-05-2015, 14:29
When I press on the gas pedal in gear the car doesn't move. Fanatec CSR with elite wheels. :confused:

waters10
14-05-2015, 14:33
I don't know if this has been said already, but I think I have figured out how to eliminate deadzone for Fanatec wheels, or at least on the CSW. If the in-game deadzone is 5, there is a lot of deadzone, even worse with wheel settings.

If the in-game deadzone is set to 0, the steering starts freaking out and does weird things.

How to fix? Reset the wheel settings and don't touch the in-game setting (the default is 1), and leave the wheel deadzone to 0.

How do you set it to 1? The default is 15. And it changes with increments of 5 ...

DerrickHUN
14-05-2015, 14:46
my default is 16, 26 etc...so minus 5 and 5 and finally get the 1 ....

I've GT2 and I don't have big deadzone, I've so big deadzone, what I set in the controlls settings....so I don't have this problem....BUT:

In the menus (settings, time trial leaderboards, pit settings etc.) I need move right and left with L1-R1....with my wheel shifters...once it works, once not....on the track the wheel shifters works excellent, but in the menus is unstable... WHY ?

waters10
14-05-2015, 14:58
How do you set it to 1? The default is 15. And it changes with increments of 5 ...

Not sure how I got it, but now mine is set to 1. I closed game, reconnect everything, restarted the game with controller, closed application, restart with the wheel and then it showed as 1. Maybe it is default ... But when I hit reset, it shows 15.

Anyway, deadzone still there on my PWTS. With this deadzone, it's really tough to make precise adjustments on the car position. This, coupled with the awesome aggressive AI that loves to go side by side and the sand physics in Laguna Seca, means a very tough time. Can't wait for the patch!

x1avation
14-05-2015, 15:48
Has ain body with gt2 or gt3 wheels get there , h pattern shifter to work ? Are do I have to wait for an update :(

Davolaa919
14-05-2015, 16:24
Has ain body with gt2 or gt3 wheels get there , h pattern shifter to work ? Are do I have to wait for an update :(

I can't really get the wheel to work let alone the h pattern! Come on sms sort it out! There's a patch for x box so where's the ps4 one 😡

Erukian
14-05-2015, 16:51
I registered an account just to voice my disappointment with the 911 turbo s implementation on the PS4. I, like others on this forum purchased a PS4 solely for this game. Being essentially forced to play a real sim game with the controller because the wheel implementation is half broken with no real ETA when a fix is coming forced me to decide to return the PS4 and the game.

I understand the 911 turbo s works fine on the PC and SMS confirmed there is a PS4 fix planned, so there is hope. I also understand there are more critical bugs like the xbox one issues that must be tackled first, but I'd rather return the console and contemplate a PC build or just wait it out and consider purchasing another PS4 when people report it's 100% fixed. I'm not asking others to do the same as this was a personal choice.

Also, off topic for this thread, the blurriness of the PS4 anti aliasing also bothers me. It was especially noticeable to me when driving on the Hwy 1 in California and all the rocks look like I'm having vision problems whenever i steer. Maybe this can be fixed? I doubt it because I believe it's how they coded the AA implementation w/ the PS4.

Good luck to you guys who continue to identify and troubleshoot these issues with SMS mods.

Titzon Toast
14-05-2015, 17:18
Wait for the patch before you make any rash decisions man.
This game looks to have real potential.
I'm in the same boat as you, I haven't even started my career yet and I bought the game at launch. I'm waiting until I can use my Turbo-S from the very first race.

K_Soze
14-05-2015, 17:25
Just to let you now, Thrustmaster users (at least my colleague that sits at my left right now) share a lot of the same issues that fanatec users have. Everything related to bad FFB...
Keep the faith, I agree that Sony should not have approved Project Cars to be gold, but now give developpers a chance to fix our bugs :)

I have only tried a two lap kart race, now I am waiting...