PDA

View Full Version : A sincere thank you to the development team...

Sgspenceley
07-05-2015, 22:51
Being a Yorkshireman, we are not known for giving praise easily. As one software developer to another.

I would like to say a very, very special thank you to the development & QA team for creating a really AWESOME product.

When I purchased earlier access I viewed this as a gamble but admired the approach of inviting real customer to be part of the process.

The Project Cars team has honestly nailed the final Project Cars release, it's proudly in my collection of top 3 sim products of all time.

The handling is excellent, it allows you to feel what the car is doing, the visuals are amazing, the user interface is clean and you have captured the essence of racing...

No piece of software ever developed is totally problem free, but each development team should be extremely proud at what you have achieved...

My investment was extremely small, but the history of Project Cars has changed the industry...
Gone are the days of Slightly Mad Studio's being known for "Shift Series".

Slightly Mad Studio's, STAND VERY PROUD, you have created a world class product which has changed the industry!!!

Sincerly
Steve

mike c
08-05-2015, 03:21
same here THANK YOU SMS:cool:

racesafegrandad
18-01-2016, 11:57
Definitely the best sim I have found yet. Just try going back the grid Autosport again and you will see what I mean!

kevin kirk
18-01-2016, 20:54
Being a Yorkshireman, we are not known for giving praise easily. As one software developer to another.

I would like to say a very, very special thank you to the development & QA team for creating a really AWESOME product.

When I purchased earlier access I viewed this as a gamble but admired the approach of inviting real customer to be part of the process.

The Project Cars team has honestly nailed the final Project Cars release, it's proudly in my collection of top 3 sim products of all time.

The handling is excellent, it allows you to feel what the car is doing, the visuals are amazing, the user interface is clean and you have captured the essence of racing...

No piece of software ever developed is totally problem free, but each development team should be extremely proud at what you have achieved...

My investment was extremely small, but the history of Project Cars has changed the industry...
Gone are the days of Slightly Mad Studio's being known for "Shift Series".

Slightly Mad Studio's, STAND VERY PROUD, you have created a world class product which has changed the industry!!!

Sincerly
Steve
......shift 2 to was the worst game I have ever tried to drive with a controller. You could come up with some kind of controller setting and the try to restart the race and the controller handling would be completely different than it was before. Dam thing had me chewing on my controller.

kevin kirk
18-01-2016, 20:57
Definitely the best sim I have found yet. Just try going back the grid Autosport again and you will see what I mean!

...I love PCars, but you cant exactly call a game that cant simulate a real race a sim.

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
18-01-2016, 21:41
...I love PCars, but you cant exactly call a game that cant simulate a real race a sim.I've been able to simulate multiple real races in it, don't know what's wrong on your end. =/

Shinzah
18-01-2016, 21:44
I've been able to simulate multiple real races in it, don't know what's wrong on your end. =/

Maybe he meant Autosport...?

kevin kirk
18-01-2016, 22:16
I've been able to simulate multiple real races in it, don't know what's wrong on your end. =/

....Are you telling me there is a real series that holds endurance races with lmp1 and 2 with caterham and not gt cars?

Shinzah
18-01-2016, 22:19
....Are you telling me there is a real series that holds endurance races with lmp1 and 2 with caterham and not gt cars?

18-01-2016, 22:59
Yeah, that's moving the goalposts quite a bit. I didn't say I've been able to simulate every type of race known to mankind. Online outside of random public races (I wouldn't do random MP in any other game either) whipping up an endurance race with LMP1, LMP2 and GT3/GTE cars isn't just possible, it's pretty easy (EDIT: And if the people play along, you can even run the GT3 cars restricted and with worse tyres like they do for GTC). I've taken part in several multiclass series which ran various combinations of prototype and GT machinery. It's possible to hold races like that, the only thing missing really is a good way to enforce it.

kevin kirk
18-01-2016, 23:32
If we choose a lmp1 or 2 or the gt cars we can only have races that would never happin in real life. That's the exact opposite of simulating a real race. That's not moving any goal post. That's just saying how it is. Love the game, playing it right now. PC has a mod, but console version cant simulate races.

19-01-2016, 00:27
If we choose a lmp1 or 2 or the gt cars we can only have races that would never happin in real life. That's the exact opposite of simulating a real race. That's not moving any goal post. That's just saying how it is. Love the game, playing it right now. PC has a mod, but console version cant simulate races.In single-player (though you can if you use the new app that allows you to make your own grids). In MP, if you choose "Any" as the class, then you and the people you play with can easily select LMP1, LMP2 and GTE cars only, if you so wish. There's nothing preventing you from doing it, you just can't enforce it. And what you're saying is still entirely different from what you initially said, which was "you cant exactly call a game that cant simulate a real race a sim". You can create a realistic G40 Junior race. You can create a realistic Clio Cup race, or any of the other Renault race car races. In fact you can create every real single-make race we have cars for, and there are a lot of those. You can create some realistic multiple make races as well, though admittedly not with every single car they were run with (which pretty much no sim allows you to do either). You can create a realistic GT race as well, not only with GT4, but also with the GT3 class: There are real series where GT3 and GTE cars have run against each other in the same class. They're small series, and they don't necessarily always have that happen because the people who take part in those races aren't as consistent as in the big series, but they exist.

What you seem to be talking about now in your later posts isn't "can't simulate a real race", it's "can't simulate a specific type of multi-class race in SP, or, though it's possible to simulate such a race in MP, can't enforce it on people".

Besides, I'd argue that you don't need to be able to simulate any kind of race at all to qualify as a sim.

kevin kirk
19-01-2016, 00:54
on consoles in single player I cant set up and recreate a real race lmp1 race, I cant setup and recreate a real lmp2 race. There isn't any option to choose the classes that race together. There are just multi class and same class and identical. This is my choices, multi class, same class, or identical. What part of that is giving you trouble? Your telling me that there is a app that let me choose classes that race together. Could you give me the link to that? Because from my reading, you seem to be the only one that knows about this app that lets console players choose the classes that races together.

19-01-2016, 01:27
What part of that is giving you trouble?The part where you said "you cant exactly call a game that cant simulate a real race a sim" when you demonstrably can, just not the specific kind you want to set up. Admittedly I missed that you were on console, in which case you can't use that app, but it doesn't change the rest.

kevin kirk
19-01-2016, 02:02
your right, I'm out of line in thinking lmp 1 and 2 and gt3 races make or break the sim part. In some part I shouldn't be on a PC thread talking about gameplay. I read your tips and there might be a chance I can have the races I want using a xbox gold membership online play. I'm not interested in racing other people,but certainly will be worth it if it allows me to choose the grid.