PDA

View Full Version : Unhandled Exception Trapped, Unable to Play.

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

IPwnAll
07-05-2015, 22:54
Everytime I try to Load into a race I crash back to desktop with the error message. I can load the game and I can sit in the menu just fine.

Unhandled Exception Trapped. EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION at0x40f12150. Reading from Address 0x2e53f1d1. Thread 0x00000bac

Build SMSARI.20150507.1001.BLDA000

My Rig easily meets recommended requirements for the game.
I have a gtx 970 12gb of ram and a i7 3770k.
And purchased from steam.
This is the only game I get this error for.

I have googled around for this problem and the only information I can find on this are people having the error back in the games closed beta phase, and even then I couldnt find a solid fix. As it stand I am completely unable to play the game.

Where can I contact customer support?

Aldo Zampatti
07-05-2015, 23:14
EDITL: Nevermind: forgot that publish exe won't show debug info.

Do you run any OSD software (Such as MSI Afterburner? FRAPS? OBS?)
If so, shut everything down first.

Also, set the graphics setting to LOW or Medium (no more) and give it a try.

IPwnAll
07-05-2015, 23:48
I was running msi but it was giving me issues in Grand Theft Auto V so I shut it down. My cpu is overclocked to 4.4 using my ASrock Mobo eufi options and have been since I got it over a year ago with no problems. No Fraps and no obs, altho I have both installed. The first thing I did after starting the game was turn all my gfx settings to ultra. Im currently reinstalling the game but when it finishes I will try to start a race without touching the visual settings first. If that is the problem then Im curious if there is a fix because I really wouldnt want to play the game if I couldnt play it without its full graphical fidelity.

norbs
07-05-2015, 23:53
I found that the game refused to run if I had TeamSpeak running and the overlay plugin activated.

Aldo Zampatti
07-05-2015, 23:53
I was running msi but it was giving me issues in Grand Theft Auto V so I shut it down. My cpu is overclocked to 4.4 using my ASrock Mobo eufi options and have been since I got it over a year ago with no problems. No Fraps and no obs, altho I have both installed. The first thing I did after starting the game was turn all my gfx settings to ultra. Im currently reinstalling the game but when it finishes I will try to start a race without touching the visual settings first. If that is the problem then Im curious if there is a fix because I really wouldnt want to play the game if I couldnt play it without its full graphical fidelity.

Beware that ULTRA in this game, means that you should have TITAN-SLI setup (give or take).

But don't freak out, If you keep AA in the lower side (MSAA, HIGH or DS4x) and HIGH on most settings, it will look as beautiful as ultra while driving. Maybe you can spot differences in still mode whatching closely.

I personally only use ULTRA Car and Tracks, and not always, I oftem change them to HIGH to have consistent 60fps

Aldo Zampatti
07-05-2015, 23:54
I found that the game refused to run if I had TeamSpeak running and the overlay plugin activated.

TeamSpeak works, I can assure that, along with PCARS. the overlay might cause some issued (although not to my systems).

Pinna
07-05-2015, 23:54

Maybe it's the Overwolf Overlay which causes the error

Edit: Ninja'd again :rolleyes:

IPwnAll
07-05-2015, 23:57
Are you getting the same error Im getting?

Yeah it is a very pretty looking game, I could settle for high if it does look that good still. Id still like to give it a try on ultra see how it looks even if my frames are crap. I just hope im even able to get the game running.
Im also going to try to close my logitech profiler I hear that has fixed it for some people. Again I want to use my wheel so I don't think Id want to play that way either.

Morgan Henstridge
08-05-2015, 00:14
If disabling the overlay does not resolve this issue, might be worth verifying the files in Steam just to be sure there is nothing wrong with your download / install.

edit - From another thread (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?21990-Stuck-at-loading-screen&p=883740&viewfull=1#post883740), a reboot resolved a similar issue.

IPwnAll
08-05-2015, 00:17
If disabling the overlay does not resolve this issue, might be worth verifying the files in Steam just to be sure there is nothing wrong with your download / install.

edit - From another thread (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?21990-Stuck-at-loading-screen), a reboot resolved a similar issue.

I dont have any overlay running, unless you mean the steam overlay.
I tried verifying my files on steam after I originally had the problem, I did not however try to reboot my system.

Aldo Zampatti
08-05-2015, 00:28
Please, watch this one:
LOW vs ULTRA settings

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTd8WmrUddQ

So imagine that running HIGH or some Mediums it won't hurt :D

Mahjik
08-05-2015, 01:57
The program is very sensitive to overclocks. If you have your GPU overclocked, try removing the overclock and see if it's more stable. If your CPU is the only thing overclocked, try backing down the overclock a little.

IPwnAll
08-05-2015, 02:00
After Reinstall, I turned of the steam overlay, I left aa on msaa and put everything else on ultra and it runs perfectly fine. I believe the problem was the steam overlay.

Aldo Zampatti
08-05-2015, 02:09
After Reinstall, I turned of the steam overlay, I left aa on msaa and put everything else on ultra and it runs perfectly fine. I believe the problem was the steam overlay.

Nice to hear it worked out buddy. Enjoy and drive with care :)

Roger Lee
08-05-2015, 02:12
It seems quite a few people are having issues with the steam overlay running.

Aldo Zampatti
08-05-2015, 02:13
It seems quite a few people are having issues with the steam overlay running.

Yes, I've been recommending disabling it on the Steam Forums Also. I'll notify Bruno about it so he is aware

x107
08-05-2015, 02:31
Also noticed that the unhandled exception error will happen when loading multiplayer races. Had two races fail to load tonight while chatting using the overlay. Screen went dark, game froze, and when going back to the desktop I saw the error message. The overlay may also be responsible for some controller issues I've already posted about.

Morgan Henstridge
08-05-2015, 03:15
Strange only some people are getting this with the steam overlay and not everyone.

Must be a combination with some other Software or Hardware.

ozm8ey
08-05-2015, 09:09
Hello I have been getting these crashes ever since the path came out. Basically it doesn't really crash its like it just exits the same instantly without and warning or errors. It seems to happen when i enter a race or when i leave a race and is really starting to annoy me. Any help would be good.

Here are my specs just incase you need them:

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.150316-1654)
Processor: AMD FX(tm)-8350 Eight-Core Processor (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
GPU: AMD Radeon HD7870 (2gb)
Resolution: 1920x1080

and all setting in game are mainly on low-medium.

ozm8ey
08-05-2015, 09:10
oh i just realized this is for ps4 threads support, sorry

Nesuten
08-05-2015, 09:27
Hello i have this error and i cant solw it

Unhandle exception trapped. exception_access_violation at
0x407a2572. Reading from address 0x00000188. thread 0x00001e20

Build smsari.20150507.blda000

Morgan Henstridge
08-05-2015, 09:30
Hi Nesuten, Have you tried disabling the Steam Overlay??

You may also want to Verify the Game Files and Reboot your PC as this has helped others.

Nesuten
08-05-2015, 10:18
Hi Morgan
thx for quick reply
i dont have any overlaying and i do 2nd time Verifying the Game Files and Reboot my PC without any effect ...
I tried without cpu-gpu over clocking etc.

Best Regards

kill3r214
08-05-2015, 10:25
Unhandled exception trapped. EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION at 0x40d9a66d. Reading from Address 0x00000000. Thread 0x000005b4

Build SMSARI.20150507.10001.BLDA000

I have posted on Steam but have been informed that i need to post here too, so data can be collected.

The error occurs when i have started a new career and selected SuperKart. I enter the first race of the season and start practice. After about 1 lap or 55 seconds my screen freezes but the game continues in the backgroud. I Alt+Tab to the desktop and then i get the above Unhandled Exception message.

My rig:
I5 4690K @ 4.6Ghz
MSI GTX 970 4G (Overclocked using MSI Afterburner)
8Gb 2400Mhz RAM
Win 8.1 64bit

Geforce Experience Uninstalled
Logitech gaming software uninstalled

Rob Prange
08-05-2015, 10:26
Moved to PC Technical Support forum.

Morgan Henstridge
08-05-2015, 10:28
Hi ozm8ey, is there anything logged in the Windows Event Viewer at the times you are seeing these crashes??

Morgan Henstridge
08-05-2015, 10:29
Hi Kill3r214. Have you tried running with the Steam Overlay disabled??

A few users have reported this to get them going with similar errors.

If that does not get you going, check the Windows Event Viewer and see if there are any other errors logged that may give us more of an indication as to the cause.

Bealdor
08-05-2015, 10:32
Please try again with your GTX970 @stock clocks. I saw reports that this solves the exception error message.

MorciXL
08-05-2015, 10:32
In my case i get the same message while im using Reshade 2.0 (SweetFX) with a sharper filter for DK2.
Is there anyway to fix this?

Morgan Henstridge
08-05-2015, 10:34
@ Nesuten - Is there anything logged in the Windows Event Viewer that may give us some more info on what is causing the error??

@MorciXL - if it is only when using Reshade, you may need to wait for an update to that program. Sounds like there is something incompatible.

MorciXL
08-05-2015, 10:39
Thank you so much Morgan... Yes, its only while using it.

kill3r214
08-05-2015, 10:58
Please try again with your GTX970 @stock clocks. I saw reports that this solves the exception error message.

Okay so it does seem to be the GPU overclock that is causing the error.

To start I disabled the overlay and set the GPU to stock clocks and i managed to get through the qualifying 10 minute race.

Exit PCars. I then set the overclock again.

Started the same career and entered the Sprint Race and got the error after 30 seconds racing.

Frustrating that i cannot exploit the additional capacity of my GPU to play this game but glad that i am now playing.

I will continue to play and monitor and see if this error is eradicated.

Thanks for your help so far.

Bealdor
08-05-2015, 11:01
There's still hope. NVIDIA hasn't released a new driver yet. :)

ozm8ey
08-05-2015, 11:19
idk if this is from it but i see this

Event filter with query "SELECT * FROM __InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN 60 WHERE TargetInstance ISA "Win32_Processor" AND TargetInstance.LoadPercentage > 99" could not be reactivated in namespace "//./root/CIMV2" because of error 0x80041003. Events cannot be delivered through this filter until the problem is corrected.

Nesuten
08-05-2015, 11:20
How can i send u the mwldumpsessionfnl.0x0000122c.dmp.txt file if is it ?

Pr3t3nd3r
08-05-2015, 11:22
I also have random crashes. At first only MP was affected but SP is also crashing. It happens randomly but at most when seasons are switched. It crashes also at loading screen but not so often. I had 6 crashes from yesterday and a message appears on the screen:

ERROR Unhandled exception trapped.EXCEPTION ACCESS VIOLATION at 0x40e32d36.Reading from adress 0x00000000.thread ox000005e0.

It also showed one message with lines where i could hit a "break" button but didn't catch what it said :(

Any help would be appreciated :)

My specs:

Intel Core i7 870 @3.6 GHz
Asus Maximus 3 Gene
Nvidia GTX 760 2GB
6GB RAM

Doesn't the game have any log files or something similar which could be sent to you guys?

Morgan Henstridge
08-05-2015, 11:24
That error is indicating a possible permissions issue according to google.

Are you using an Administrator account in Windows??

If you are, might also be worth trying to run Steam as Admin to see if this gets you past this.

Pr3t3nd3r
08-05-2015, 11:27
That error is indicating a possible permissions issue according to google.

Are you using an Administrator account in Windows??

If you are, might also be worth trying to run Steam as Admin to see if this gets you past this.

I am running an Administrator Account, yes :)

Will try to do that and will report you back if problem is solved or not :)

spidergod
08-05-2015, 11:28
Hello
I am having these random crash back to steam issues as well.
Mine happen at the end of a career session or a quick practice race.

Specs :
AMD FX-6350 @ 3.9 GHZ
Radeon R7 250 2Gb
16 Gb Ram

Cannot see anything in Event Viewer that tallys with the time of the crash.

Morgan Henstridge
08-05-2015, 11:29
You can "Go Advanced" when posting and use the paperclip icon to attach a file to a post.

That wnt do me any good, but a developer from SMS might be able to have a look at it.

If you go into Windows Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Event Viewer, and expand out "Windows Logs". Then you just want to check the Application log and the System log for any errors that happened at the same time as the issues in Project CARS.

Pr3t3nd3r
08-05-2015, 11:33
OK. Another crash with this error. Game is running in the background and I can hear vehicles driving out of the pits.

All i can do is just to hit OK and game is closed.

Here is the error: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9084zf1nd01nu7q/Screenshot%202015-05-08%2013.30.27.png?dl=0.

Any ideas what could it be?

Morgan Henstridge
08-05-2015, 11:38
Hello
I am having these random crash back to steam issues as well.
Mine happen at the end of a career session or a quick practice race.

Specs :
AMD FX-6350 @ 3.9 GHZ
Radeon R7 250 2Gb
16 Gb Ram

Cannot see anything in Event Viewer that tallys with the time of the crash.

If nothing is being logged it's gonna be tricky :)

I would verify you are on the latest drivers etc, if anything is Overclocked, try setting it back to stock clocks just to test.

Also maybe delete the Project Cars folder in Program Files incase something is corrupt in there??

Let us know how it goes.

Morgan Henstridge
08-05-2015, 11:41
OK. Another crash with this error. Game is running in the background and I can hear vehicles driving out of the pits.

All i can do is just to hit OK and game is closed.

Here is the error: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9084zf1nd01nu7q/Screenshot%202015-05-08%2013.30.27.png?dl=0.

Any ideas what could it be?

Some users have reported that error from Overlays running.

Try and disable any / all overlays that may be active. This includes Steam Overlay and also things like MSI Afterburner, etc.

Next thing to try would be winding back anything that is overclocked to stock, just as a process of elimination and see how it goes.

Also check you have the latest WHQL drivers, specially nvidia drivers

edit - Confirmation here (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22176-Unhandled-Exception-Error&p=885350&viewfull=1#post885350) from another nvidia user that they got this error when GPU was overclocked, runs fine at stock clocks.

Pr3t3nd3r
08-05-2015, 11:47
Some users have reported that error from Overlays running.

Try and disable any / all overlays that may be active. This includes Steam Overlay and also things like MSI Afterburner, etc.

Next thing to try would be winding back anything that is overclocked to stock, just as a process of elimination and see how it goes.

Also check you have the latest WHQL drivers, specially nvidia drivers

Will do that :)

I will disable steam overlay and eventually MSI Afterburner and lets see what will happen :)

But first, let's just disable steam overlay and see what happens. After that I will also disable MSI Afterburner and at the end reverting overclocked setup to stock :)

Ty for your help!

EDIT: My GPU runs at stock clocks and I have latest Nvidia drivers.

spidergod
08-05-2015, 11:49
If nothing is being logged it's gonna be tricky :)

I would verify you are on the latest drivers etc, if anything is Overclocked, try setting it back to stock clocks just to test.

Also maybe delete the Project Cars folder in Program Files incase something is corrupt in there??

Let us know how it goes.

Will have a look, it would be easier it it was a crash to desktop, but this is just like the program is closing down and going back into steam.

No overclocking at all on my computer.

Does Project Cars have an error.log file?

thanks

joewwilson
08-05-2015, 12:05
Go to your documents folder, i.e., c:>users>player>my documents>project cars. Find an xml file ???????graphics.xml and rename it to something else. Worked for me. Every time I've made changes in visuals settings I've had to do this.

Morgan Henstridge
08-05-2015, 12:09
Will have a look, it would be easier it it was a crash to desktop, but this is just like the program is closing down and going back into steam.

No overclocking at all on my computer.

Does Project Cars have an error.log file?

thanks

There may be a log in the Program Files\Project Cars folder??? I'm not 100% sure though as things have moved around since it has left "development" and into release, and i have not had a crash since i last formatted my PC, so cant find any dump files.

Maybe another WMD user can give the exact location....

just out of curiosity, if these are mainly crashes at session ends etc, are you running the game in the same resolution as the Desktop??

Also, might be worth trying to run "Windowed", just to see if this is more stable, and give us a direction to diagnose further.....

This can be set in Options > Visuals > Performance, second option from the top.

Pr3t3nd3r
08-05-2015, 12:15
There may be a log in the Program Files\Project Cars folder??? I'm not 100% sure though as things have moved around since it has left "development" and into release, and i have not had a crash since i last formatted my PC, so cant find any dump files.

Maybe another WMD user can give the exact location....

just out of curiosity, if these are mainly crashes at session ends etc, are you running the game in the same resolution as the Desktop??

Also, might be worth trying to run "Windowed", just to see if this is more stable, and give us a direction to diagnose further.....

This can be set in Options > Visuals > Performance, second option from the top.

Maybe Start/Documents/Project CARS/dbgSession? It seems there are log files :D There are exactly the same number as numbers of crashes on my PC xD

Morgan Henstridge
08-05-2015, 12:22
Thanks Mate, that will be where they are :)

Pr3t3nd3r
08-05-2015, 12:27
Thanks Mate, that will be where they are :)

Anytime :D

OK, disabled Steam Overlay and game still crashes. Since we have discovered where log files are here are mine:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0h8hpkxq6uoveek/pCARS%20errors.rar?dl=0

Game crashed at the exiting from the online race. It just froze (at the loading screen) and that's it...no message.

Morgan Henstridge
08-05-2015, 12:44
Unfortunately, There is nothing in there that I can use as I don't know how to interpret the dump files. One of the SMS guys (blue names) can check it out when they get a moment.

Unfortunately I can not think of much more to try. Maybe try Windowed mode and see if that is more stable??

Pr3t3nd3r
08-05-2015, 12:54
Unfortunately, There is nothing in there that I can use as I don't know how to interpret the dump files. One of the SMS guys (blue names) can check it out when they get a moment.

Unfortunately I can not think of much more to try. Maybe try Windowed mode and see if that is more stable??

OK :) Let's wait and see what will "blue" guys do :) Maybe they will find something red in those logs and turn it in a working blue xD

Thank you very much for your help and will be continuously reporting the status of those crashes. If I will found a solution will gladly share with you!

But for now lets test other suggested alternatives and see what happens...

Morgan Henstridge
08-05-2015, 12:55
Also keep an eye on other similar threads in here incase something in there gives you a fresh idea to try.

Hope to see you on the track soon :)

spidergod
08-05-2015, 13:00
Maybe Start/Documents/Project CARS/dbgSession? It seems there are log files :D There are exactly the same number as numbers of crashes on my PC xD

Have checked their on my pc and cannot find any dbgsession folder or log files.
I have made sure game is running same as desktop and in windows mode.
Managed to race one practice session ok, went back to start another one, as soon as it got the start grid it crashed back to steam.
No error message popping up and nothing being logged anywhere.
I will try verifiying cache in steam in a minute.

Morgan Henstridge
08-05-2015, 13:07
Have checked their on my pc and cannot find any dbgsession folder or log files.
I have made sure game is running same as desktop and in windows mode.
Managed to race one practice session ok, went back to start another one, as soon as it got the start grid it crashed back to steam.
No error message popping up and nothing being logged anywhere.
I will try verifiying cache in steam in a minute.

Just as a further Process of elimination, can you try the following so we can try and narrow this down as much as possible.....

If you reboot your machine, and can then run 1 session fine, can you then exit the game, and the relaunch it and try another session and see if this works.

If not, can you reboot and then run a session, but then exit the game and also restart steam and see if you can then relaunch and run another session.

This may give a clue as to whether it is the Game or steam itself that is causing it to die between sessions.

GonzoFK
08-05-2015, 13:13
I came here to report the same issue except mines always closes at the end of a muliplayer race when you get the loading before going back into the lobby. I've tried the the fixes in here but no luck so far.

My specs:
i5 4440
Z97 Anniversary Edition mobo
8GB RAM
Asus R9 290x 4GB
Xbox 360 wired Controller.

Morgan Henstridge
08-05-2015, 13:15
I came here to report the same issue except mines always closes at the end of a muliplayer race when you get the loading before going back into the lobby. I've tried the the fixes in here but no luck so far.

My specs:
i5 4440
Z97 Anniversary Edition mobo
8GB RAM
Asus R9 290x 4GB
Xbox 360 wired Controller.

Hi GonzoFK. Are you able to run multiple practice sessions back to back without seeing this issue in Single Player??

GonzoFK
08-05-2015, 13:22
Hi GonzoFK. Are you able to run multiple practice sessions back to back without seeing this issue in Single Player??

Not tried back to back practice sessions, career and quick race work fine. I'll try running multiple practice sessions and get back to you.

Nesuten
08-05-2015, 13:24
Hi Here is it in zip content

Thanks in advance

spidergod
08-05-2015, 13:59
Just as a further Process of elimination, can you try the following so we can try and narrow this down as much as possible.....

If you reboot your machine, and can then run 1 session fine, can you then exit the game, and the relaunch it and try another session and see if this works.

If not, can you reboot and then run a session, but then exit the game and also restart steam and see if you can then relaunch and run another session.

This may give a clue as to whether it is the Game or steam itself that is causing it to die between sessions.

Rebooted machine, then when restarted loaded up steam and then cars, setup practice race (brands hatch,2 laps, 8 opponents, weather clear, time 8am, RWD P30 LMP1).
Had first race, got to end of session and went back to the screen with race setup, and tried again, race ran ok and then clicked on the return to drive setup option and it crashed back to steam.

knightvision
08-05-2015, 14:05
hello!

I get the crash message all the time after switching racetrack and sometimes ingame! crash to desktop with unhandled exception error!
Its get annoying. sometimes switching racetracks works but after 15 or 30 minutes or so it crashes manytimes after switching tracks or it happen ingame.

spidergod
08-05-2015, 14:07

It does crash randomly, managed to race 2 practice races on monza, then returned to race central and chose multiplayer, went into a lobby and then exited the lobby and it crashed back to steam.

Zakalwe
08-05-2015, 14:16
I'd like to add my name to the list of those who can't even open the game thanks to the Unhandled error. I only ever get this message in one other game I own (and have never been able to play): Test Drive Ferrari Racing Legends. Wasn't that a Slightlymad game too? So out of 158 steam games, only the Slightlymad ones wont run, with almost exactly the same error...

Mahjik
08-05-2015, 14:49
1. Try Disabling the Steam Overlay in the Project CARS game properties.

2. Are you overclocking your GPU? Project CARS is a little sensitive to overclocking.

Pr3t3nd3r
08-05-2015, 14:50
Yeah. Those crashes are random. You can't repeat them as you want. Sometimes it wont crash for a long time and sometimes it crashes all the time.

Aldo Zampatti
08-05-2015, 14:58
2. Are you overclocking your GPU? Project CARS is a little sensitive to overclocking.

GUYS, Specially this. I've been testing heavily last night several Windows (8, 8.1 and 10b10074) and yes, depending on situations, PCARS.exe (or PCARS64.exe) might crash even with the slightest Overcloking.

First thing you MUST do to troubleshoot PCARS Crashing is to reset any overclocking you might have. Even official overclocking from the AMD Catalyst Control Center might impact PCARS.

Again, This is very system independent.

Zakalwe
08-05-2015, 14:59

2. Are you overclocking your GPU? Project CARS is a little sensitive to overclocking..Mahjik.

The overlay is disabled, my card and system is not overclocked. I'm currently running Assetto Corsa and Dirt Rally on full settings at 60fps, and that's without overclocking. With PC, I get the Slightlymad splash screen and then a warning bell as the error pop-up appears.

I had the exact same issue with the Test Drive Ferrari game, and that was never resolved, despite many, many hours of tweaking and testing. To this day I've never been able to play it.

knightvision
08-05-2015, 15:00

steam overlay disabled + no overclocked videocard.
tried with and without sweetfx, reconfigured steam files etc and playing with my amd catalyst driver settings.

spidergod
08-05-2015, 15:05
will wait for a patch.

Mahjik
08-05-2015, 15:07
.Mahjik.

The overlay is disabled, my card and system is not overclocked. I'm currently running Assetto Corsa and Dirt Rally on full settings at 60fps, and that's without overclocking. With PC, I get the Slightlymad splash screen and then a warning bell as the error pop-up appears.

I had the exact same issue with the Test Drive Ferrari game, and that was never resolved, despite many, many hours of tweaking and testing. To this day I've never been able to play it.

Are you using a Logitech controller?

steam overlay disabled + no overclocked videocard.
tried with and without sweetfx, reconfigured steam files etc and playing with my amd catalyst driver settings.

Post up your system specs please.

Zakalwe
08-05-2015, 15:18
Are you using a Logitech controller?

Nope. Using a T300 wheel.

Aldo Zampatti
08-05-2015, 15:37

Do you see any debug info in your Documents/Project CARS folder?
If so, can you Zip them and post them?

Can you write down your system specs in your signature please? (From Control Panel!)

DaveOfSmeg
08-05-2015, 15:43
I've come up against the same error, but noticed something slightly more bizarre - I wondered whether anyone else has spotted the same.

Upon first launching the game, I get about 2 minutes before it crashes out with the OP's error. Subsequent attempts to launch the game crash out immediately with the same error.

At this point, I took a look in the steamapps\common\pCars\ folder... and most of the files had gone. Disappeared. Deleted. A quick check on the pCars folder shows at this point that it's only around 700-800MB in size, when it sohould be 17GB.

I then did a "Validate local files" in steam, which proceeded to tell me over 18000 files were missing or corrupted and downloaded the entire game again.

The game then starts fine, runs for about 2 minutes and then crashes out.

This entire procedure has now been repeated 3 times. I'm just thankful for a fast interent connection!

I'll try it now with Steam in "offline mode" and report back.

Mahjik
08-05-2015, 15:44

A few things to try:

1. Try disconnecting your wheel setup from the PC and launching (maybe something driver related, which I hope not as I'm planning to buy a T300 ;) ).

2. Can you also post up your hardware config?

3. Try forcing to run as Administrator

knightvision
08-05-2015, 15:45
i already posted the system specs in the dump file created by project cars, a few posts ago i have attached it.
see here a screenshot windows + i have the videocard: Asus Radeon R9 290X - 4 GB GDDR5 - PCI Express 3.0 x16 (matrix)

DaveOfSmeg
08-05-2015, 15:54
I've come up against the same error, but noticed something slightly more bizarre - I wondered whether anyone else has spotted the same.

Upon first launching the game, I get about 2 minutes before it crashes out with the OP's error. Subsequent attempts to launch the game crash out immediately with the same error.

At this point, I took a look in the steamapps\common\pCars\ folder... and most of the files had gone. Disappeared. Deleted. A quick check on the pCars folder shows at this point that it's only around 700-800MB in size, when it sohould be 17GB.

I then did a "Validate local files" in steam, which proceeded to tell me over 18000 files were missing or corrupted and downloaded the entire game again.

This entire procedure has now been repeated 3 times. I'm just thankful for a fast interent connection!

Same in offline mode. this time I've copied the pCars folder to a USB stick so at least I can put it back and then verify a little quicker.

Aldo Zampatti
08-05-2015, 15:58
i already posted the system specs in the dump file created by project cars, a few posts ago i have attached it.
see here a screenshot windows + i have the videocard: Asus Radeon R9 290X - 4 GB GDDR5 - PCI Express 3.0 x16 (matrix)

Do you have any (even slightly) overclocking to your GPU from Catalyst Control Center or External tool?
Do you run MSI AfterBurner? Fraps? Video recording software? anything that displays Frames Per Second on screen (OSD).

If so, try to disable all those, Also try Newest AMD Beta Drivers if you can (15.4) as they perform slightly better with pCARS

Dave, can you try disabling antivirus if you have one running? I've never seen this issue myself, but I've heard about the AV hitting false positives.

Let me know

DaveOfSmeg
08-05-2015, 16:03
Dave, can you try disabling antivirus if you have one running? I've never seen this issue myself, but I've heard about the AV hitting false positives.

Let me know

Yep, that was my first thought too. So I checked the logs (nothing), disabled the realtime scanner and now I've uninstalled my AV (temporarily). It's just done the same thing again.

If I'm the only one with this issue I'll just re-image the PC and try again... but I thought it might help someone else who might not have thought to check whether they were actually having the same problem.

knightvision
08-05-2015, 16:11
Do you have any (even slightly) overclocking to your GPU from Catalyst Control Center or External tool?
Do you run MSI AfterBurner? Fraps? Video recording software? anything that displays Frames Per Second on screen (OSD).

If so, try to disable all those, Also try Newest AMD Beta Drivers if you can (15.4) as they perform slightly better with pCARS

Let me know

nope the stock fabric is already overclocked i think, i have not changed anything. i dont use logitech, i have the newst amd driver 15.4 beta already!

Zakalwe
08-05-2015, 16:13
A few things to try:

1. Try disconnecting your wheel setup from the PC and launching (maybe something driver related, which I hope not as I'm planning to buy a T300 ;) ).

2. Can you also post up your hardware config?

3. Try forcing to run as Administrator

Right, fixed it! Trouble is, I don't exactly know how...

The game was already running under Admin, and wasn't starting. A couple of hours ago I uninstalled the latest Nvidia drivers (350.12) and reinstalled 347.88. This didn't work, and also created the Dirt Rally 'window only' bug. I reinstalled 350.12 but accidentally went for a full install with all the usual Nvidia crap ticked. I tested Dirt Rally and that was fixed again, but I didn't try PCars with 350.12.

Once I read your latest possible solution, I unplugged the wheel and the game booted up perfectly. I reconnected the wheel during the game (it didn't register of course), and closed the game. With the wheel still attached and Nvidia experience still running, the game booted up straight away again. The wheel is operating perfectly incidentally.

Somewhere in there is a solution for some of us!

The T300 is superb incidentally. I love it, especially in Assetto Corsa (sorry!), but I picked up a Microsoft FFB Wheel (1998?) just for a laugh, and it's extremely impressive for it's age, and a much better piece of industrial design than the Thrustmaster. Boy, MS produced amazing hardware back then.

Aldo Zampatti
08-05-2015, 16:31
nope the stock fabric is already overclocked i think, i have not changed anything. i dont use logitech, i have the newst amd driver 15.4 beta already!

Anything else running in background? any other software?

Aldo Zampatti
08-05-2015, 16:32
Right, fixed it! Trouble is, I don't exactly know how...

The game was already running under Admin, and wasn't starting. A couple of hours ago I uninstalled the latest Nvidia drivers (350.12) and reinstalled 347.88. This didn't work, and also created the Dirt Rally 'window only' bug. I reinstalled 350.12 but accidentally went for a full install with all the usual Nvidia crap ticked. I tested Dirt Rally and that was fixed again, but I didn't try PCars with 350.12.

Once I read your latest possible solution, I unplugged the wheel and the game booted up perfectly. I reconnected the wheel during the game (it didn't register of course), and closed the game. With the wheel still attached and Nvidia experience still running, the game booted up straight away again. The wheel is operating perfectly incidentally.

Somewhere in there is a solution for some of us!

The T300 is superb incidentally. I love it, especially in Assetto Corsa (sorry!), but I picked up a Microsoft FFB Wheel (1998?) just for a laugh, and it's extremely impressive for it's age, and a much better piece of industrial design than the Thrustmaster. Boy, MS produced amazing hardware back then.

Glad it is sorted and thanks for reporting. I'll keep this in mind for other users

Groovedriver
08-05-2015, 16:43
Since installing the v1.2 patch last night, I'm getting a similar problem after finishing any session (practice, qualifying, or racing in either solo race or career) that on returning to either the career calendar or the solo race setup screen, crashes back to the desktop after the loading screen. I can run multiple sessions on the same track directly after each other: practice-qualify-race and restart sessions without a problem; the problem only happens either exiting completely a session (e.g. Exit option from pit box) or continuing from the results screens. Didn't get this problem at all yesterday.

I've tried rebooting, restarting Steam, running Steam offline, running full screen and windowed but still with the same result.

Nothing shows up in Event Viewer, no .dmp files get created and I don't have a ..Documents\Project CARS\dbgsession\ folder.

Running pcars64.exe on:
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Intel i7 950 @ 3.07Ghz, not overclocked
12Gb RAM
AMD Radeon HD 5800 series graphics card with 14.12 Catalyst Drivers
Microsoft Sidewinder Precision2 joystick (haven't got round to setting up my wheel yet!)
Using same resolution in-game as on desktop (5840 x 1200 across 3 monitors)

Dezz
08-05-2015, 16:54
Got the same Problem since the Patch. After exiting a Session it shuts itself off and goes back to Steam. No Problem before the Patch.

win7 64
AMD Phenom II X4 940 Black Edition
MSI R9 280 15.4 Beta Driver
Logitech Driving Force GT

spidergod
08-05-2015, 17:42
It is a strange one and all the more difficult to start troubleshooting due to no error log being created anywhere (unless steam is logging an error anywhere?)

I am enjoying this game, but this crash bug is now getting annoying.

Pr3t3nd3r
08-05-2015, 17:43
It is a strange one and all the more difficult to start troubleshooting due to no error log being created anywhere (unless steam is logging an error anywhere?)

I am enjoying this game, but this crash bug is now getting annoying.

What about Start/Documents/Project CARS/dbgSession? Nothing there?

spidergod
08-05-2015, 17:46
What about Start/Documents/Project CARS/dbgSession? Nothing there?

No I am not seeing the folder dbgSession at all.

Seems to be a weird bug where it seems to just shut down the game and goes back to the steam session and not a crash to desktop.

Notfordman
08-05-2015, 18:08
Spidergod and Pretender, are either of you running SLI or multiple cards?

spidergod
08-05-2015, 18:20

I am using a single gpu.
Basic R7 250 2Gb
No overclocking at all anywhere.

Game runs fine just strange crash at an end of a session.

Pr3t3nd3r
08-05-2015, 18:51

Nope. Single card GTX 760. Crashes happens from time to time. Last crash has not given any error message.

frank1982
08-05-2015, 19:21
i have same issue just crashes to desktop no warning/errors after exiting a race. Also seem to be having this problem on multiplayer too

single gpu
AMD 7800 2gb gpu
AMD 8350 8 core processor
8gb ram
64 bit windows 7

no overclocking

Aldo Zampatti
08-05-2015, 19:24
Nope. Single card GTX 760. Crashes happens from time to time. Last crash has not given any error message.

Pretender, MSI AB is one of the worst OSD for causing crashes in PCARS. I would disabled that one first and foremost. I use it and I suffer from it :)

Pr3t3nd3r
08-05-2015, 19:32
Pretender, MSI AB is one of the worst OSD for causing crashes in PCARS. I would disabled that one first and foremost. I use it and I suffer from it :)

Wow. Didn't know that. Can you please give me a day to test the game without MSI AB? :) Btw, do I have to disable Rivatuner? I use it to lock FPS :)

TX3 Arrow
08-05-2015, 19:48
Hi, I had a crash/freeze just before the start of a race in career. I had to reboot my PC and I lost my save. :(

In my documents I have a folder : Documents\wmd_symbol_cache\pCARS64.pdb\6483E991BCEC4CA6A82DCB93BE72D3F81\ download.error

And here C:\Users\jean baptiste\Documents\Project CARS\dbgSession\Dbg 2015-05-07 @ 16.16.16 I have 2 files

I don't know if it could help to recover my save if it's possible and solve the problem. I already had two crashs and a come back to desktop but there it was totally freezed. I'm bad in informatic and sorry for my bad english. :o

My config :

NVIDIA GTX760 GV N760OC 4GD WnForce 3x 4096 GDDR5 Version OC / i7 4790K 4GHz / ddr3 Extreme 3 Ares 16Go (2x8Go)

Scautura
08-05-2015, 19:55
I've had the same issue with crashing after every event. I've just tried getting rid of all the software I have that provides overlays (MSI Afterburner, Raptr, etc.) and now it seems to be fine. I still have Steam overlay running, but the worst offender seemed to be Raptr.

Try turning off everything, then see if it still does it.

GonzoFK
08-05-2015, 20:08

Just tried running a few practice sessions and game closed again at the end of the 2nd session at the loading screen when you're going to the session setup screen.

Aldo Zampatti
08-05-2015, 20:49
Wow. Didn't know that. Can you please give me a day to test the game without MSI AB? :) Btw, do I have to disable Rivatuner? I use it to lock FPS :)

Yes Yes and Yes :) To lock FPS you can use -fpscap xx (where xx = the frame rate you wish like 60) withn Set Launch Options in the game properties. That way you'll be sure that RivaTurner won't mess up with you at least while testing :)

I've had the same issue with crashing after every event. I've just tried getting rid of all the software I have that provides overlays (MSI Afterburner, Raptr, etc.) and now it seems to be fine. I still have Steam overlay running, but the worst offender seemed to be Raptr.

Raptr was REALLY an issue to me. It lasted less than 10 seconds installed on my system.

Robert Dibley
08-05-2015, 20:56
Hi, I had a crash/freeze just before the start of a race in career. I had to reboot my PC and I lost my save. :(

In my documents I have a folder : Documents\wmd_symbol_cache\pCARS64.pdb\6483E991BCEC4CA6A82DCB93BE72D3F81\ download.error

And here C:\Users\jean baptiste\Documents\Project CARS\dbgSession\Dbg 2015-05-07 @ 16.16.16 I have 2 files

I don't know if it could help to recover my save if it's possible and solve the problem. I already had two crashs and a come back to desktop but there it was totally freezed. I'm bad in informatic and sorry for my bad english. :o

My config :

NVIDIA GTX760 GV N760OC 4GD WnForce 3x 4096 GDDR5 Version OC / i7 4790K 4GHz / ddr3 Extreme 3 Ares 16Go (2x8Go)

Uploading the contents of your dbgSession folder will help - it often contains clues as to the cause of the crash.

spidergod
08-05-2015, 21:22
Will try turning off Raptr and test this out tommorow.
Fingers crossed it might be that causing my issue.

Takesix
08-05-2015, 21:35
Crashes on startup.

Aldo Zampatti
08-05-2015, 21:37
Crashes on startup.

Please read through this Thread, and apply all our recommendations. Let us know what you've tried and which were your outcomes!

Umer Ahmad
08-05-2015, 21:39
Hi Welcome,

Can you post your PC specs like in my signature? It will help with debugging. Thanks.

MaXKiLLz
08-05-2015, 21:49
I love playing Project Crash.

TX3 Arrow
08-05-2015, 21:56
Uploading the contents of your dbgSession folder will help - it often contains clues as to the cause of the crash.

C:\Users\jean baptiste\Documents\Project CARS\dbgSession\Dbg 2015-05-07 @ 16.16.16

Then I have 2 files.
The first one is MWLDumpFnL.dmp
The second is a text document mwldumpsessionfnl.0x000011a4.dmp.txt : //========================================================================
// Session Report
//========================================================================

[ID] : 043a-7df5-3c10-4134
[Title] : Project CARS
[Build] : SMSARI.20150507.1001.BLDA000
[Platform] : PC
[Config] : Gold
[GoldVer] : Publish
[ExeBit] : 64
[Bootup Date] : 07/05/2015
[Bootup Time] : 16:16:16
[Exe Stamp] : May 7 2015 15:08:58

[Msg] : Unhandled exception trapped. EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION at 0x40d9a66d. Reading from Address 0x00000000. Thread 0x000011a4

// Physical Memory Report

[Total Memory] : 16321.89 MB
[Bootup Used] : 2090.56 MB
[Bootup Free] : 14231.33 MB
[Current Used] : 4878.36 MB
[Current Free] : 11443.53 MB
[Virtual Total] : 8388608.00 MB
[Virtual Avail] : 8348721.50 MB

// OS Report

[Name] : Microsoft Windows*7 Édition Intégrale - 64 bits
[Build] : 6.1.7601
[Service Pack] : Service Pack 1
[Manufacturer] : Microsoft Corporation
[Type] : 0x12
[ProductID] : 00426-OEM-8992662-00006
[Time Zone] : +2
[Debug] : No

// OS Version (GetVersionEx)

[Name] : Service Pack 1
[OS Version] : 6.1
[OS Build] : 7601
[Service Pack] : 1.0
[Platform ID] : 2
[Suite Mask] : 0x100
[Product Type] : 1

// CPU Report

[Name] : Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz
[Caption] : Intel64 Family 6 Model 60 Stepping 3
[Manufacturer] : GenuineIntel
[ID] : BFEBFBFF000306C3
[DeviceID] : CPU0
[Curr Speed] : 3.91 GHz
[Max Speed] : 3.91 GHz
[Ext Clock] : 100 MHz
[Num Cores] : 4
[Logical Procs] : 8
[Architecture] : x64
[Type] : Central Processor
[Bootup Status] : CPU Enabled

// Disk Report

[Path] : C:\
[Volume] : \\?\Volume{6f92bc49-18ff-11e4-b2a9-806e6f6e6963}\
[Type] : HDD
[Serial] : 0x78c4dfc8
[Capacity] : 223.47 GB
[Used] : 176.65 GB
[Free] : 46.82 GB

[Path] : D:\
[Volume] : \\?\Volume{41f98f9e-1903-11e4-ba80-806e6f6e6963}\
[Type] : CD ROM/DVD/BR
[Serial] : 0x78c4dfc8
[Capacity] : 0.00 GB
[Used] : 0.00 GB
[Free] : 0.00 GB

[Path] : E:\
[Volume] : \\?\Volume{3e8f8253-1900-11e4-8e5d-c0fb9865606e}\
[Serial] : 0x4e397112
[Capacity] : 931.51 GB
[Used] : 343.04 GB
[Free] : 588.47 GB

// Adapter Report

[Name] : {CABC1149-1FFD-4D0D-A153-38B7C6F185AE}
[Desc] : NETGEAR WNA1100 N150 Wireless USB Adapter
[MAC Address] : c404156c4e2a
[Local IP] : 192.168.1.24
[Local Mask] : 255.255.255.0
[Gateway IP] : 192.168.1.1
[Gateway Mask] : 255.255.255.255
[DHCP] : Yes

[Name] : {B7CAE8CF-15D0-4DA2-8DD9-4FDDE40A9718}
[Desc] : Intel(R) Ethernet Connection I217-V
[MAC Address] : bcee7b78e0a5
[Local IP] : 0.0.0.0
[Local Mask] : 0.0.0.0
[Gateway IP] : 0.0.0.0

// Internal Memory Report

GT500
08-05-2015, 22:51
Good.
You can zip the entire time stamped folder straight after a crash which include the 2 files and upload it here as an attachment using the go advanced button when posting
Thanks

Takesix
08-05-2015, 23:05
I used enditall to kill all of my apps and nonessential processes with no success. This was after deleting and reinstalling PCars.

Inky_Enston
08-05-2015, 23:16
I have a "crash" to Windows too. As with yours, it is like it has exited normally. It will happen once I've already loaded and played a map. I leave one map, go to another and it seems to simply close to Windows. No error message or anything.

Machine name: INKY2
Operating System: Windows 8.1 64-bit (6.3, Build 9600) (9600.winblue_r9.150322-1500)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: MSI
System Model: MS-7821
BIOS: V1.5
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770K CPU @ 3.50GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz
Memory: 16384MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 16328MB RAM
Page File: 3273MB used, 15486MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.03.9600.17415 64bit Unicode
DxDiag Notes
------------
Display Tab 1: No problems found.
Sound Tab 1: No problems found.
Sound Tab 2: No problems found.
Sound Tab 3: No problems found.
Sound Tab 4: No problems found.
Input Tab: No problems found.

--------------------
DirectX Debug Levels
--------------------
Direct3D: 0/4 (retail)
DirectDraw: 0/4 (retail)
DirectInput: 0/5 (retail)
DirectMusic: 0/5 (retail)
DirectPlay: 0/9 (retail)
DirectSound: 0/5 (retail)
DirectShow: 0/6 (retail)

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 Ti
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: Gigabyte Windforce GeForce GTX 780 Ti OC
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Device Type: Full Device
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_100A&SUBSYS_36281458&REV_A1
Display Memory: 11146 MB
Dedicated Memory: 2982 MB
Shared Memory: 8164 MB
Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
Monitor Model: CV TV14
Monitor Id: ___9000
Native Mode: 1360 x 768(p) (60.366Hz)
Output Type: HDMI
Driver Name: nvd3dumx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvd3dum,nvwgf2um,nvwgf2um
Driver File Version: 9.18.0013.5012 (English)
Driver Version: 9.18.13.5012
DDI Version: 11
Feature Levels: 11.0,10.1,10.0,9.3,9.2,9.1
Driver Model: WDDM 1.3
Graphics Preemption: DMA
Compute Preemption: DMA
Miracast: Not Supported
Hybrid Graphics GPU: Not Supported
Power P-states: Not Supported
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Date/Size: 4/9/2015 01:58:18, 15818528 bytes
WHQL Logo'd: Yes
WHQL Date Stamp:
Device Identifier: {D7B71E3E-534A-11CF-7C64-25161CC2C435}
Vendor ID: 0x10DE
Device ID: 0x100A
SubSys ID: 0x36281458
Revision ID: 0x00A1
Driver Strong Name: oem59.inf:0f066de3182b453d:Section034:9.18.13.5012:pci\ven_10de&dev_100a
Rank Of Driver: 00DA2001
Video Accel: ModeMPEG2_A ModeMPEG2_C ModeVC1_C ModeWMV9_C
DXVA2 Modes: DXVA2_ModeMPEG2_IDCT DXVA2_ModeMPEG2_VLD DXVA2_ModeVC1_VLD DXVA2_ModeVC1_IDCT DXVA2_ModeWMV9_IDCT DXVA2_ModeH264_VLD_NoFGT
Deinterlace Caps: {6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive
{F9F19DA5-3B09-4B2F-9D89-C64753E3EAAB}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY

Inky_Enston
08-05-2015, 23:24
Same happened to me after installing 1.2

DxDiag Notes
------------
Display Tab 1: No problems found.
Sound Tab 1: No problems found.
Sound Tab 2: No problems found.
Sound Tab 3: No problems found.
Sound Tab 4: No problems found.
Input Tab: No problems found.

--------------------
DirectX Debug Levels
--------------------
Direct3D: 0/4 (retail)
DirectDraw: 0/4 (retail)
DirectInput: 0/5 (retail)
DirectMusic: 0/5 (retail)
DirectPlay: 0/9 (retail)
DirectSound: 0/5 (retail)
DirectShow: 0/6 (retail)

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 Ti
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce GTX 780 Ti
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Device Type: Full Device
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_100A&SUBSYS_36281458&REV_A1
Display Memory: 11146 MB
Dedicated Memory: 2982 MB
Shared Memory: 8164 MB
Current Mode: 1862 x 1048 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
Monitor Model: CV TV14
Monitor Id: ___9000
Native Mode: 1360 x 768(p) (60.366Hz)
Output Type: HDMI
Driver Name: nvd3dumx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvd3dum,nvwgf2um,nvwgf2um
Driver File Version: 9.18.0013.5012 (English)
Driver Version: 9.18.13.5012
DDI Version: 11
Feature Levels: 11.0,10.1,10.0,9.3,9.2,9.1
Driver Model: WDDM 1.3
Graphics Preemption: DMA
Compute Preemption: DMA
Miracast: Not Supported
Hybrid Graphics GPU: Not Supported
Power P-states: Not Supported
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Date/Size: 4/9/2015 01:58:18, 15818528 bytes
WHQL Logo'd: Yes
WHQL Date Stamp:
Device Identifier: {D7B71E3E-534A-11CF-7C64-25161CC2C435}
Vendor ID: 0x10DE
Device ID: 0x100A
SubSys ID: 0x36281458
Revision ID: 0x00A1
Driver Strong Name: oem59.inf:0f066de3182b453d:Section034:9.18.13.5012:pci\ven_10de&dev_100a
Rank Of Driver: 00DA2001
Video Accel: ModeMPEG2_A ModeMPEG2_C ModeVC1_C ModeWMV9_C
DXVA2 Modes: DXVA2_ModeMPEG2_IDCT DXVA2_ModeMPEG2_VLD DXVA2_ModeVC1_VLD DXVA2_ModeVC1_IDCT DXVA2_ModeWMV9_IDCT DXVA2_ModeH264_VLD_NoFGT
Deinterlace Caps: {6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive
{F9F19DA5-3B09-4B2F-9D89-C64753E3EAAB}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY

reoxdk
08-05-2015, 23:25
i cant even get passed the first loading screen ill keep getting this error

i have attached all my crash dumbs in a zip file

nothing is overclocked and i have removed steam overlay nothing seems to work

knightvision
08-05-2015, 23:27
Anything else running in background? any other software?

See here my image these are running and steam without overlay.
I have also add the folder project cars to my exclusions in avast antivirus program.
I also tried to close background services like amd catalyst etc.
i use a thrustmaster wheel, tried to delete my profile, running in windows 7 and 8 mode in troubleshoot windows 8.1 with and without admin rights.
used it with and without sweet fx. played with settings in amd catalyst.
maybe i can try to change 55 cars max to 35 max cars but that would be weird. Because if thats the problem i must get a hardware message that i need 2,3,4 gig of vram or other message.
You gave a tip to lower the settings but thats no solution i have a powerfull p.c and just in other games you can see what you use! for example in GTA V when you tweak your graphic settings it will tells you exact what the gpu uses as vram.
Besides that i have a 4 gig vram card. it really sucks this game! i have taken a lott of crashes after a whole day of tweaking trying etc. You can do hours 1 track but thats not whats this game about.

knightvision
08-05-2015, 23:32

I have also add the folder project cars to my exclusions in avast antivirus program.
i use a thrustmaster wheel, tried to delete my profile, running in windows 7 and 8 mode in troubleshoot windows 8.1 with and without admin rights.
maybe i can try to change 55 cars max to 35 max cars but that would be weird. Because if thats the problem i must get a hardware message that i need 2,3,4 gig of vram or other message.
You gave a tip to lower the settings but thats no solution i have a powerfull p.c and just in other games you can see what you use! for example in GTA V when you tweak your graphic settings it will tells you exact what the gpu uses as vram.
Besides that i have a 4 gig vram card. it really sucks this game! i have taken a lott of crashes after a whole day of tweaking trying etc. You can do hours 1 track but thats not whats this game about.

Morgan Henstridge
08-05-2015, 23:34
Hi Guys, just adding this here also from another thread where a User had a similar error incase it helps someone.

Ensure your virtual Memory settings are enabled.

Had a user who was running an SSD and disabled the Page File but left it off for both drives, and this was causing his crashes.

Set the Virtual Memory back to system managed and the game is running for him now.

GT500
08-05-2015, 23:38
i cant even get passed the first loading screen ill keep getting this error

i have attached all my crash dumbs in a zip file

nothing is overclocked and i have removed steam overlay nothing seems to work

Best to upload the latest know problem time stamped session.
I've found it best to do it immediately after a crash. Doesn't take long ;) you can delete the old ones

reoxdk
08-05-2015, 23:51
Best to upload the latest know problem time stamped session.
I've found it best to do it immediately after a crash. Doesn't take long ;) you can delete the old ones

this is the newest crash file

but they all say the same thing

Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.3.9600.17298 AMD64
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Loading Dump File [C:\Users\des_1_000\Documents\Project CARS\dbgSession\Dbg 2015-05-09 @ 01.37.15\MWLDumpFnl.dmp]
User Mini Dump File: Only registers, stack and portions of memory are available

Symbol search path is: *** Invalid ***
* Symbol loading may be unreliable without a symbol search path. *
* Use .symfix to have the debugger choose a symbol path. *
* After setting your symbol path, use .reload to refresh symbol locations. *
Executable search path is:
Windows 8 Version 9600 MP (4 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: SingleUserTS Personal
Built by: 6.3.9600.17031 (winblue_gdr.140221-1952)
Machine Name:
Debug session time: Sat May 9 01:37:22.000 2015 (UTC + 2:00)
System Uptime: not available
Process Uptime: 0 days 0:00:07.000
This dump file has an exception of interest stored in it.
The stored exception information can be accessed via .ecxr.
(18ec.19f8): Access violation - code c0000005 (first/second chance not available)
*** ERROR: Symbol file could not be found. Defaulted to export symbols for ntdll.dll -
ntdll!NtGetContextThread+0xa:
00007ffe`411e1fda c3 ret

knightvision
08-05-2015, 23:53
Hi Guys, just adding this here also from another thread where a User had a similar error incase it helps someone.

Ensure your virtual Memory settings are enabled.

Had a user who was running an SSD and disabled the Page File but left it off for both drives, and this was causing his crashes.

Set the Virtual Memory back to system managed and the game is running for him now.

MY c set on automatic with page file, my games folder D setted on no page file. but i think windows only uses C i have enough space there for page files. wtf is happening with this game grrrrrrrrr!!!!

GT500
09-05-2015, 00:03
Keep posting your logs when issues occur.
Developers read them.

yusupov
09-05-2015, 00:12
so ive been getting the unhandled exception (or w/e) error as well since last night, pretty frequently. can still play the game but its a recurring thing.

should i post logs (not sure where they are but i can check the thread) or is enough known about this for us to basically just be waiting for it to be patched?

Aldo Zampatti
09-05-2015, 00:14
I keep compiling issues and troubleshooting here. I'm with the crashes now.
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22375-Technical-TroubleShooting-Steps-WIP-NO-CHAT-PLEASE

Please give it a read, and try what I'm writing there. It is Work In Progress still.

yusupov
09-05-2015, 00:20
thx aldo.

im running an OC (which tbh i dont think is the issue, or if it is theres something that needs to be changed w/ pCARS bc this passes burn tests) & evga precision (which absolutely might be the cause).

but i also saw someone post about page file size, & i noticed for some reason windows has mine set pretty low -- below what they recommend, actually, so i changed it to the size of my RAM. im just gonna run w/ that & keep everything the same to see if it stops the crashes...ive been leaving pCARS open a lot so its possible there are some memory/memory leak issues going on in my situation.

Aldo Zampatti
09-05-2015, 00:26
thx aldo.

im running an OC (which tbh i dont think is the issue, or if it is theres something that needs to be changed w/ pCARS bc this passes burn tests) & evga precision (which absolutely might be the cause).

but i also saw someone post about page file size, & i noticed for some reason windows has mine set pretty low -- below what they recommend, actually, so i changed it to the size of my RAM. im just gonna run w/ that & keep everything the same to see if it stops the crashes...ive been leaving pCARS open a lot so its possible there are some memory/memory leak issues going on in my situation.

Awesome. As you have all the info in your head, go ahead and try them one by one. :)
I have multiple boot operating systems, and some of them behaves differently than the others. One of them is specially sensitive to overclocking (same hardware, which is weird). That's why I'm suggesting it :)

Aldo Zampatti
09-05-2015, 00:30

Can you try with less cars (try 20) and give it a go. If it is because of the cars, switching from 55 to 20 would be very fast to notice, and let us know, please

Morgan Henstridge
09-05-2015, 00:31
As a baseline for anyone getting these crashes I would do the following...

1) Ensure you have latest drivers.
2) Set everything back to Stock clocks if you have been overclocking.
3) Disable any overlays in 3rd party software.
4) Disable Sweet FX / Reshade and any other 3rd party application that affects the game &/or its files.
5) Set Virtual Memory to system managed.

Reboot and see if it runs for you.

- If it doesn't run, check the Windows Event Viewer for anything being logged at the time of your crash, as this will give an indication on where to start looking.

- If it does run for you, then you can start turning things back on / overclocking etc, but only 1 at a time so you know what is responsible if the issue returns.

Aldo Zampatti
09-05-2015, 01:19
Do as Morgan said and refer to THIS POST (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22375-Technical-TroubleShooting-Steps-WIP-NO-CHAT-PLEASE)for more in-deep information!

yusupov
09-05-2015, 01:46
so i found my issue (i think, someone else reported this fixed it & i havent had a crash yet anyway) -- reshade, which a fair amount of ppl prob installed w/ sweetfx. apparently (according to the other user - cant remember his screenname now -- reshade doesnt integrate properly with dx11 & will cause crashes. just thought you might want to add that tip to yr list.

Morgan Henstridge
09-05-2015, 02:02
so i found my issue (i think, someone else reported this fixed it & i havent had a crash yet anyway) -- reshade, which a fair amount of ppl prob installed w/ sweetfx. apparently (according to the other user - cant remember his screenname now -- reshade doesnt integrate properly with dx11 & will cause crashes. just thought you might want to add that tip to yr list.

I will edit my post and add this to the list of things to kill.

Aldo Zampatti
09-05-2015, 02:15
Reshade and SWFX are on my todo list for my post! thanks and glad you sorted out!

knightvision
09-05-2015, 02:36
Can you try with less cars (try 20) and give it a go. If it is because of the cars, switching from 55 to 20 would be very fast to notice, and let us know, please

PFFFFF thats weird i have tried it now long time more and more tracks after each other with 35 cars max! with no problems ! i always set the amount to max with cars on track, like 55 cars. ???!!?!?!?!
i have 8 gig ram and 4 gig vram on pc and gpu.
how can this be?

knightvision
09-05-2015, 02:37
PFFFFF thats weird i have tried it now long time more and more tracks after each other with 35 cars max! with no problems ! i always set the amount to max with cars on track, like 55 cars but then i get after a couple of races an unhandled exception crash. ???!!?!?!?!
how can this be?

Umer Ahmad
09-05-2015, 02:51
PFFFFF thats weird i have tried it now long time more and more tracks after each other with 35 cars max! with no problems ! i always set the amount to max with cars on track, like 55 cars but then i get after a couple of races an unhandled exception crash. ???!!?!?!?!
how can this be?
Can you update your signature with full PC specs like mine? Control Panel > Edit Signature. Thanks.

Aldo Zampatti
09-05-2015, 03:21
PFFFFF thats weird i have tried it now long time more and more tracks after each other with 35 cars max! with no problems ! i always set the amount to max with cars on track, like 55 cars. ???!!?!?!?!
how can this be?

Can't help you I think :( Weird.

Attach all the debugs every time you have a crash, Devs DO read and grab them!

Mahjik
09-05-2015, 03:44
Le Mans is a large track (object-wise). Overall, IIRC, it's more detailed than Nordschleife since with Nords more of it is hidden with tricks to not render useless part of the track you cannot see through the trees.

mckim
09-05-2015, 04:35
I also have random crashes.
my dbgSession zip file here.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1qmm0p8pn75gczi/dbgSession.zip?dl=0

Morgan Henstridge
09-05-2015, 05:39
Hi mckim, do you get the random crashes in all types of sessions, eg, Free Parctice, Quick Race, etc??

Also have you tried the following....

1) Ensure you have latest drivers.
2) Set everything back to Stock clocks if you have been overclocking, including factory OCs.
3) Disable any overlays in 3rd party software.
4) Disable Sweet FX / Reshade and any other 3rd party application that affects the game &/or its files.
5) Set Virtual Memory to system managed.

Reboot and see if it runs for you.

- If it does run for you, then you can start turning things back on / overclocking etc, but only 1 at a time so you know what is responsible if the issue returns.

- If it still doesn't run, check the Windows Event Viewer for anything being logged at the time of your crash, as this will give an indication on where to start looking.

LuckyLIVE
09-05-2015, 05:47
Hello ...

I am getting complete PC Crashes that occure randomly but mostly during MP sessions. Sometime I can play for 2 to 3 hours in a row in SP or MP and from time to time it lasts for only 5 minutes.

First the game is freezing but the sound continues and I can hear cars taking me over ... then blackscreen ... and then my PC crashes completly and I have to reset it.

Here are my Specs and I also include my DxDiag.txt file ... 200820

CPU ... Intel i5-4670 CPU @ 3.40GHz
GPU ... NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 Ti
RAM ... 8 GB
RES ... 1920 x 1080
SYS ... Win 8.1

Morgan Henstridge
09-05-2015, 06:09
Hi LuckyLIVE, Is there anything logged in the Windows Event Viewer at the time you get these crashes??

Lebensgeist
09-05-2015, 09:00
Hi,

i had a problem: When I start a race, my system crashes in the menu and I had to reboot.
My system: i7 3770k, 12GB RAM, Virtual mem controlled by windows, 2xGTX 970 Palit jetstream.
As I noticed problems in other games the solution for Project Cars is the same.

Some games (or the driver?) have problems with factory OC cards.
The clock of my card is 1152.
When I switch the clock of both cards to the nvida standard clock of 1050, the game never crashes anymore.

LuckyLIVE
09-05-2015, 09:12
Hi LuckyLIVE, Is there anything logged in the Windows Event Viewer at the time you get these crashes??

... after a crash I can only reboot my PC and after that there are no reasonable errors logged in the Windows Event Viewer ... at least as far as I can see!

Do I have to search for something special logged in the Windows Event Viewer?

Sorry for my poor English which is not my mother tongue ... I am from Austria ... ;)

LuckyLIVE
09-05-2015, 09:14
Hi,

i had a problem: When I start a race, my system crashes in the menu and I had to reboot.
My system: i7 3770k, 12GB RAM, Virtual mem controlled by windows, 2xGTX 970 Palit jetstream.
As I noticed problems in other games the solution for Project Cars is the same.

Some games (or the driver?) have problems with factory OC cards.
The clock of my card is 1152.
When I switch the clock of both cards to the nvida standard clock of 1050, the game never crashes anymore.

... tried that allready ... did not work for me ... but thank you for the advice.

Morgan Henstridge
09-05-2015, 09:16
... after a crash I can only reboot my PC and after that there are no reasonable errors logged in the Windows Event Viewer ... at least as far as I can see!

Do I have to search for something special logged in the Windows Event Viewer?

Sorry for my poor English which is not my mother tongue ... I am from Austria ... ;)

No worries Mate :)

You want to check in the Windows Event Viewer, then under Windows logs in the left panel, and check the application log, and system log.

just check what is happening at the time you get the crash. possibly Display Driver has stopped responding...

LuckyLIVE
09-05-2015, 09:44
No worries Mate :)

You want to check in the Windows Event Viewer, then under Windows logs in the left panel, and check the application log, and system log.

just check what is happening at the time you get the crash. possibly Display Driver has stopped responding...

... nothing so far under application log but I will have a look at it next time the game crashes again.

... the system log says with an error warning that my OS got shut down unexpected (correct wording? had to translate it by myself ...). but that is exactly what I did.

Morgan Henstridge
09-05-2015, 09:47
If you note the exact time you get the crash, it will make it a lot easier to see exactly which entries in the log are relevant.

The "System Shutdown was unexpected" is usually logged at the next start up following a crash, so is after the events you are looking for.

Groovedriver
09-05-2015, 10:17
... but the worst offender seemed to be Raptr.

Thankyou, this has solved my problem at least - didn't need to adjust or turn anything else off, just Raptr.

Back to some racing ... :triumphant: Hope everyone else gets their problems resolved too!

LuckyLIVE
09-05-2015, 10:23
If you note the exact time you get the crash, it will make it a lot easier to see exactly which entries in the log are relevant.

The "System Shutdown was unexpected" is usually logged at the next start up following a crash, so is after the events you are looking for.

The system log says after ~3 hours of gaming:
17:28:05 ... Kernel-Boot ... ID 12 ... The System was started ‎2015‎-‎05‎-‎08T15:28:05.493931100Z
17:28:05 ... Kernel-Boot ... ID 20 ... The status last shut down was "false". Status last start was "true".
17:28:05 ... Kernel-Boot ... ID 27 ... The starttype is "0x0"
17:28:05 ... Kernel-Boot ... ID 18 ... The system has 0x1 start options
17:28:05 ... Kernel-Boot ... ID 32 ... The Start-Manager waited 0 ms for user action
17:28:05 ... Kernel-Boot ... ID 30 ... The firmware reported boot metrics
17:28:14 ... System Shutdown was unexpected

Is that the info you wanted me to give to you?
Greetings and thank you so much for your time and help ... :D

Yvezz
09-05-2015, 10:45
Problem:

- Crash to desktop occuring during race and in the main menu.
- Steam version
- Happend two times os far, not able te reproduce.
- Error in windows: Exception Acces Violation, 3 to 4 per crash.

I updated Direct X and VC ++

Posting as attchament, two error files

knightvision
09-05-2015, 11:28
Can you update your signature with full PC specs like mine? Control Panel > Edit Signature. Thanks.

Hi see here my specs.

Pr3t3nd3r
09-05-2015, 11:40
I think it's time to do some report :D

After disabling MSI AB and Rivatuner Statistics it seems that game works fine with one exception. While game was in the loading screen I was talkign with my friend over the Steam chat and game froze and crashed.

As soon as I have enabled MSI AB and Rivatuner game crashed again. I will do some more tests which will confirm or deny this. But it seems MSI AB is a pain in the (you know where :P) for the pCARS.

LuckyLIVE
09-05-2015, 11:54

The system log says after ~3 hours of gaming:
17:28:05 ... Kernel-Boot ... ID 12 ... The System was started ‎2015‎-‎05‎-‎08T15:28:05.493931100Z
17:28:05 ... Kernel-Boot ... ID 20 ... The status last shut down was "false". Status last start was "true".
17:28:05 ... Kernel-Boot ... ID 27 ... The starttype is "0x0"
17:28:05 ... Kernel-Boot ... ID 18 ... The system has 0x1 start options
17:28:05 ... Kernel-Boot ... ID 32 ... The Start-Manager waited 0 ms for user action
17:28:05 ... Kernel-Boot ... ID 30 ... The firmware reported boot metrics
17:28:14 ... System Shutdown was unexpected

Is that the info you wanted me to give to you?
Greetings and thank you so much for your time and help ... :D

... UPDATE: My latest Crash showed the following errors/warnings twice in the Windows Event Viewer system log:

Warning ... Display ... ID 4101 ... Displaydriver "nvlddmkm" not responding and restored.

Morgan Henstridge
09-05-2015, 11:56
I think it's time to do some report :D

After disabling MSI AB and Rivatuner Statistics it seems that game works fine with one exception. While game was in the loading screen I was talkign with my friend over the Steam chat and game froze and crashed.

As soon as I have enabled MSI AB and Rivatuner game crashed again. I will do some more tests which will confirm or deny this. But it seems MSI AB is a pain in the (you know where :P) for the pCARS.

Just FYI, I run MSI afterburner fine, but I do not install the Rivatuner Statistics server. I just want Afterburner for the OC and to control the Fan Profile and have no issues with that side of it. Likely just the Statistics server part and the OSD causing issues.

Takesix
09-05-2015, 12:00
Thanks Aldo,

I have tried all of the suggestions and I have not made any progress. The application crashes immediately after the initial splash screen. I have not gotten far enough to access the in-game configuration or setup. I have tried disabling all applications, utilities and virus protection with no improvement. I have attempted both triple screen and single monitor desktops. I have included a description of system in my signature.

Morgan Henstridge
09-05-2015, 12:02
... UPDATE: My latest Crash showed the following errors/warnings twice in the Windows Event Viewer system log:

Warning ... Display ... ID 4101 ... Displaydriver "nvlddmkm" not responding and restored.

Thats the one :)

So your Display driver is stopping responding and restarting, and that is killing the game. Screen will go black when it dies, and you will usually still hear sound while it tries to restore itself, with a crash or lockup when it cannot restore successfully.

You could try using a Driver Remover and then do a clean install of the latest nVidia driver as a first step, in case there is something left behind from an old driver.

I also believe you are running 2 cards in SLI?? I think most people have no issue with this, but you could try and run with SLI disabled, just as a test to see if that makes a difference.

Failing that you could also try and underclock the video cards, just as a test.

Might be a bit harder to diagnose with SLI, but definitely looks GPU / Driver related with that error message.

Let us know how you get on.

Pr3t3nd3r
09-05-2015, 12:03
Just FYI, I run MSI afterburner fine, but I do not install the Rivatuner Statistics server. I just want Afterburner for the OC and to control the Fan Profile and have no issues with that side of it. Likely just the Statistics server part and the OSD causing issues.

Ty for the info ;)

Looks like I will have some work to do with testing On/Off/Semi-off/Semi-on and so on :D

Morgan Henstridge
09-05-2015, 12:07
Ty for the info ;)

Looks like I will have some work to do with testing On/Off/Semi-off/Semi-on and so on :D

The Joys of PC Gaming :D

LuckyLIVE
09-05-2015, 12:17

So your Display driver is stopping responding and restarting, and that is killing the game. Screen will go black when it dies, and you will usually still hear sound while it tries to restore itself, with a crash or lockup when it cannot restore successfully.

You could try using a Driver Remover and then do a clean install of the latest nVidia driver as a first step, in case there is something left behind from an old driver.

I also believe you are running 2 cards in SLI?? I think most people have no issue with this, but you could try and run with SLI disabled, just as a test to see if that makes a difference.

Might be a bit harder to diagnose with SLI, but definitely looks GPU / Driver related with that error message.

# No SLI ... just one Card
# Driver Remover and clean install of the latest nVidia driver ... checked that allready yesterday ... sorry, not the solution!
# Underclocked the video card ... did that earlier ... sorry, not the solution!

I had similar problems with GTA V ... the solution was to go back to DirectX 10 in the video settings of the game and lock the settings.xml ... does that info take us further?

Morgan Henstridge
09-05-2015, 12:24
# No SLI ... just one Card
# Driver Remover and clean install of the latest nVidia driver ... checked that allready yesterday ... sorry, not the solution!
# Underclocked the video card ... did that earlier ... sorry, not the solution!

I had similar problems with GTA V ... the solution was to go back to DirectX 10 in the video settings of the game and lock the settings.xml ... does that info take us further?

You might want to have a look here (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/179113/) and follow the steps to check your Direct X installation and possibly do a re-install of Direct X

Pr3t3nd3r
09-05-2015, 12:54

Hmmmmmmm...in my cases screen also freezes before I have to hit ctrl+alt+del and force to close the game. I can hear music playing and cars moving around. It could be a driver related problem...so to point out, those crashes are not crashes which close game automatically but screen freezes. It happened once while I wanted to go out of the pits and I couldn't because game froze. But what's more interesting I could see drivers fingers were moving on the wheel. oO

So I had to force close the game and error message pops up (in 99,9% of my problems).

UnknownShots
09-05-2015, 13:15
My game was working when it was released but today my game just keep's crashing completely randomly it doesn't even come up with any error's just crashes right into the desktop. It can happen in the menu when I'm about to select something, Or when loading into a Online game. (Random)

I've changed Graphics driver's awsell - Didn't do anything

My PC is completely stable so it's nothing to do with my overclocking.

I'm pretty stuck on what to do well last resort is to redownload the game again....

Any clues ? Thanks

Morgan Henstridge
09-05-2015, 13:18
Pr3t3nd3r - You would need to check the Windows Event Viewer > Application log and see if you have the message about teh Display Driver has Stopped Responding.

Morgan Henstridge
09-05-2015, 13:21
My game was working when it was released but today my game just keep's crashing completely randomly it doesn't even come up with any error's just crashes right into the desktop. It can happen in the menu when I'm about to select something, Or when loading into a Online game. (Random)

I've changed Graphics driver's awsell - Didn't do anything

My PC is completely stable so it's nothing to do with my overclocking.

I'm pretty stuck on what to do well last resort is to redownload the game again....

Any clues ? Thanks

Hi Unknown Shots, First thing is to check the Windows Event Viewer and see if there are any errors that correlate to the same time as the crashes.

Pr3t3nd3r
09-05-2015, 13:25
Pr3t3nd3r - You would need to check the Windows Event Viewer > Application log and see if you have the message about teh Display Driver has Stopped Responding.

Fault bucket , type 0
Event Name: AppHangB1
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: pCARS64.exe
P2: 1.0.1.2
P3: 554b72a0
P4: 80ee
P5: 2048
P6:
P7:
P8:
P9:
P10:

Attached files:
C:\Users\...\AppData\Local\Temp\WER1332.tmp.appcompat.txt
C:\Users\...\AppData\Local\Temp\WER2617.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml

These files may be available here:
C:\Users\...\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\Critical_pCARS64.exe_6a62bdbf7ad66445248e1f8d9c6743373c4d6a14_0dc33996

Analysis symbol:
Rechecking for solution: 0
Report Id: 75c6ced4-f5cf-11e4-bd7e-90e6ba604413
Report Status: 1

And another one here:

The program pCARS64.exe version 1.0.1.2 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Action Center control panel.
Process ID: 18b8
Start Time: 01d089dbe0634ede
Termination Time: 244
Application Path: D:\Igre\Steam\steamapps\common\pCars\pCARS64.exe
Report Id:

Hondo
09-05-2015, 13:26
Hi Guys,

I'm having the same issue, and it only started today so it must be something to do with the latest patch. Crashing normally happen to me when joining a race. Single or MP it doesn't matter it just crashes.
From the last 5 hours i have played it has crashed close 20-25 times now and it getting frustrating. Nothing in the event viewer to suggest what the problem could be. It also doesn't display any errors just
crash to desktop. I have attached dbgSession files for devs to take a look.

I dont have anything OC. Everything is running stock. I have disabled steam overlay as well as AB with no luck. Below are my PC specs and all my drivers are up to date.

Intel i7-4790K
16GB RAM
2 x R9 290 4gb GPU - Crossfire
Tripple Screen - 6090 x 1080
Windows 8.1 64bit

Other than low FPS issues with game not been optimized for AMD GPU and crossfire, game has been running fine since the release without no crash. So this has to be something with the patch. I hope this can be sorted out. If anyone else can thing of anything else I can try out please let me know.

Thanks,
Hondo

Morgan Henstridge
09-05-2015, 13:39
Fault bucket , type 0
Event Name: AppHangB1

Problem signature:
P4: 80ee
P5: 2048
P6:
P7:
P8:
P9:
P10:

Attached files:
C:\Users\...\AppData\Local\Temp\WER1332.tmp.appcompat.txt
C:\Users\...\AppData\Local\Temp\WER2617.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml

These files may be available here:
C:\Users\...\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\Critical_pCARS64.exe_6a62bdbf7ad66445248e1f8d9c6743373c4d6a14_0dc33996

Analysis symbol:
Report Id: 75c6ced4-f5cf-11e4-bd7e-90e6ba604413

And another one here:

The program pCARS64.exe version 1.0.1.2 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Action Center control panel.
Process ID: 18b8
Start Time: 01d089dbe0634ede
Termination Time: 244
Report Id:

That is a different error to the one the other guy had. I think you may have been on the right path with the Afterburner OSD etc for yours.

Morgan Henstridge
09-05-2015, 13:41
Hi Guys,

I'm having the same issue, and it only started today so it must be something to do with the latest patch. Crashing normally happen to me when joining a race. Single or MP it doesn't matter it just crashes.
From the last 5 hours i have played it has crashed close 20-25 times now and it getting frustrating. Nothing in the event viewer to suggest what the problem could be. It also doesn't display any errors just

I dont have anything OC. Everything is running stock. I have disabled steam overlay as well as AB with no luck. Below are my PC specs and all my drivers are up to date.

Intel i7-4790K
16GB RAM
Windows 8.1 64bit

Other than low FPS issues with game not been optimized for AMD GPU and crossfire, game has been running fine since the release without no crash. So this has to be something with the patch. I hope this can be sorted out. If anyone else can thing of anything else I can try out please let me know.

Thanks,
Hondo

Hi Hondo, is there anything logged in the Windows Event Viewer at the time of these crashes??

Check the "Application" log and "system" at the time of the Crash.

knightvision
09-05-2015, 14:32
online game and after a while crash to desktop! see logfile.

LuckyLIVE
09-05-2015, 15:09
You might want to have a look here (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/179113/) and follow the steps to check your Direct X installation and possibly do a re-install of Direct X

... been there ... done that ... sorry, but did not help!

*OMG* ... is there a way to go back in directX versions? wold like to try that.

Or do you have other suggestions?

Morgan Henstridge
09-05-2015, 15:16
Hi LuckyLIVE.....Not sure what else to try from here honestly.... There must be some reason why the Display driver stops responding, but you have already covered most of the bases on that.

What Videocard make and model are you running??

The last real test would be to underclock the videocard by a bigger amount, just to see if the game will run for longer.

mau92
09-05-2015, 15:19
Hey guys! I'm also getting these crashes when returning to the main menu after a race (SP or MP) with no crash report. Just the game closing at the load screen. This happens after the last 18mb update. I can't seem to find any answer on this thread other than suggestions if everything is okay, that so far I think it is.

Regards

Morgan Henstridge
09-05-2015, 15:22
Hey guys! I'm also getting these crashes when returning to the main menu after a race (SP or MP) with no crash report. Just the game closing at the load screen. This happens after the last 18mb update. I can't seem to find any answer on this thread other than suggestions if everything is okay, that so far I think it is.

Regards

Hi Mau92. First thing is to check the Windows Event Viewer for any errors logged at or just before the time of the crash.

Alexious
09-05-2015, 15:47
Hi Kill3r214. Have you tried running with the Steam Overlay disabled??

A few users have reported this to get them going with similar errors.

If that does not get you going, check the Windows Event Viewer and see if there are any other errors logged that may give us more of an indication as to the cause.

I have disabled Steam Overlay, but it didn't help one bit. This error keeps happening every 15-20 minutes during loadings.

My rig is i7 3770, GTX 780Ti, Windows 8.1 64 bit, and I don't have anything overclocked.

Schleudersitz
09-05-2015, 16:16
Random crashes.

AMD HD 7970
12 GB RAM

I get the error: error in graphics driver
Event handler has many errors: 1001, 7036, 9013, 9010

Any idea?

microk
09-05-2015, 16:16

I have also some crashes. But only Online and only after Qualifing. If the game starts to load the Race, the game crashes with the attached error message. Or the screen turns black and u can hear the sound of the starting race, but not your car.
You have to kill the game in Task Manager....

Doesnt matter what car, what Track, weather.....

Deinstalled the game, installed again. Worked for 3-4 Races. Now i have the same probs.....

I5-3570K not overclocked
16 GB Ram
Nvidia GTX670
Windows 8.1 64bit
Logitech G27

Newest Nvidia Driver

Greets
Sven

mau92
09-05-2015, 16:20
I don't know where to look at in Event Viewer. I guess it's under "Windows Logs" and "Applications" tab, but I don't see any error there...

lash_gordon_0
09-05-2015, 16:41
[QUOTE
Logitech gaming software uninstalled[/QUOTE]

Hi Kill3r214, I'm sure I had that exact same exception issue on my Win 7 rig (when trying to use my old Logitech Momo wheel). I was getting crazy menu navigation issues and a couple of black-screen crashes, then the exception (all had been well last night when using my 360 controller/pad).

The good news is that once I installed the Logitech Gaming Software (as part of Photonembert's G25/G27 setup post http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22122-G25-G27-SETUP-GUIDE) the issue hasn't re-appeared (touch virtual lucky object!).

Worth a go before you get the screwdrivers out?

Aldo Zampatti
09-05-2015, 16:41

Regards

Have you tried Suggestions in THIS (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22375-Technical-TroubleShooting-Steps-WIP-NO-CHAT-PLEASE)post?

online game and after a while crash to desktop! see logfile.

Same as above. Can you please check all suggestions there? Also Go to MyDocuments\Project CARS folders and attach the Debug folder zipped please!

Hi Guys,

Intel i7-4790K
16GB RAM
Windows 8.1 64bit

Thanks,
Hondo

Have you tried Single Screen as a workaround?
Can you confirm no overclock in the CPU and GPU at all? Is your GPU factory overclocked ?

Thanks Aldo,

I have tried all of the suggestions and I have not made any progress. The application crashes immediately after the initial splash screen. I have not gotten far enough to access the in-game configuration or setup. I have tried disabling all applications, utilities and virus protection with no improvement. I have attempted both triple screen and single monitor desktops. I have included a description of system in my signature.

You might want to try starting over completely by deleting the profile and config files:
Config Files located at MyDocuments\Project CARS, delete that folder completely
Profile C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\xxxxxxxx\234630 (delete that one completely also).

Start with all other suggestion plus a fresh profile and report back!

Random crashes.

AMD HD 7970
12 GB RAM

I get the error: error in graphics driver
Event handler has many errors: 1001, 7036, 9013, 9010

Any idea?

Any overclock? What AMD Driver? I have those same cards and if you have the GHZ edition, sometimes will crash at stock clocks!, lowering that by 25/50Mhz would help.
Also I heavily recommend 15.4 beta drivers for PCARS.
What's your CPU? Is it overclocked?

I don't know where to look at in Event Viewer. I guess it's under "Windows Logs" and "Applications" tab, but I don't see any error there...

That's correct, Windows Logs/application.

LuckyLIVE
09-05-2015, 16:50
Hi LuckyLIVE.....Not sure what else to try from here honestly.... There must be some reason why the Display driver stops responding, but you have already covered most of the bases on that.

The last real test would be to underclock the videocard by a bigger amount, just to see if the game will run for longer.

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 Ti GIGABYTE

Aldo Zampatti
09-05-2015, 16:53
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 Ti GIGABYTE

Try downclocking as Morgan suggested, for troubleshooting purposes. Ti is like an Factory o/c'd card, so it worth the shot

LuckyLIVE
09-05-2015, 18:05

Try downclocking as Morgan suggested, for troubleshooting purposes. Ti is like an Factory o/c'd card, so it worth the shot

... any suggestions on the amount of underclocking with MSI Afterburner for core clock and memoryclock?
... will try it then tomorrow ... :D

Thank you all for the great support!

Aldo Zampatti
09-05-2015, 18:07
... any suggestions on the amount of underclocking with MSI Afterburner for core clock and memoryclock?

Find out the original stock speed for your GPU, try those, if 780 was (let's say) 1054mhz and TI is 1114, try 1054.

remember to CLOSE Afterburner to avoid other potential issues

hdpercar
09-05-2015, 19:08
just dowloaded Project Cars from Steam and Verified Integrity of Game Cache. Everything is OK with the files, but I haven't been able to start the game once.

It crashed while I only get the Slightly Mad studios and WMD logos. It tries to connect to stream account and I got the following message:

" Unhandled exception trapped. EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION at 0xf5902296. Reading from Address 0x000003a0. Thread 0x000017c. Build SMSARI.20150507.1001.BLDA000 "

Please provide help.

PC Spec:
Intel 2 duo E7400 @2.80 GHz
RAM: 4gb
Windows 7 - 64 bits SP1
NVIDIA GT FORCE 240 1 GB

Aldo Zampatti
09-05-2015, 19:15
Please read through this. Apply all recommendations. it might help

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22375-Technical-TroubleShooting-Steps-WIP-NO-CHAT-PLEASE

Kukarec
09-05-2015, 20:02
just dowloaded Project Cars from Steam and Verified Integrity of Game Cache. Everything is OK with the files, but I haven't been able to start the game once.

It crashed while I only get the Slightly Mad studios and WMD logos. It tries to connect to stream account and I got the following message:

" Unhandled exception trapped. EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION at 0xf5902296. Reading from Address 0x000003a0. Thread 0x000017c. Build SMSARI.20150507.1001.BLDA000 "

Please provide help.

PC Spec:
Intel 2 duo E7400 @2.80 GHz
RAM: 4gb
Windows 7 - 64 bits SP1
NVIDIA GT FORCE 240 1 GB

Hi!

I have the totally same problem with the same crush Projecr Cars! But only Online and only after Qualifing.

Help us, please!

P.S. This is bad trend!

GT500
09-05-2015, 20:09
Thanks for registering on the forum Kukarec. Do have a look at the stickies at the top of the technical help & support thread and read some of the suggestions mentioned from other users and WMD members.
Edit your signature via the control panel and list your computer specifications for us to see.

TurboNoob
09-05-2015, 20:20
Cant play. After qualification in online - black screen and Unhandled exception....
Maybe i must uninstall windows 10 ?

jrw27288
09-05-2015, 20:20
LuckyLive, I have seen where you get the nvidia driver crashing it is caused by the card overheating and down clocking rapidly. I believe the nvidia cards down clock at 70CMake sure your pc and card are clean and as a small test, take the side of the care off and point a fan at it. My sons desktop was doing that with battlefield 4. A good cleaning and setting up a very aggressive fan profile cured the problem.

Aldo Zampatti
09-05-2015, 20:22
Cant play. After qualification in online - black screen and Unhandled exception....
Maybe i must uninstall windows 10 ?

What are your system specs?CPU/GPU?

AMD performs better on Win10 but yes. Windows 10 makes my system crashes quite a lot! my Windows8 is rock solid on the same hardware.

blesscore
09-05-2015, 20:52
Hello

Since patch yesterday after EVERY race (Online, SP) game is chrashing without errormessage. Try to delete the Pcars Folder in Documents and repair with Steam. Problem is still the same.

Grüsse =)

WIN7 64bit
AMD FX 8350 @ 4,0 GHZ
SAPPHIRE TRI-X R9 290X 4GB GDDR5 OC
8GB RAM

TurboNoob
09-05-2015, 20:54
I have - Core I7 4790k (not overclocked), Gigabite GTX760 4Gb (downclocked -100MHz, last nvidia driver), 12gb DDR, ASUS MAXIMUS VII RANGER. All overlays off.

Pr3t3nd3r
09-05-2015, 20:58
I am back :D

Process ID: 15cc
Start Time: 01d08a99d908b328
Termination Time: 207
Report Id: The program pCARS64.exe version 1.0.1.2 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Action Center control panel.
Process ID: 15cc
Start Time: 01d08a99d908b328
Termination Time: 207
Report Id:

Game crashed without MSI AB and Rivatuner so it seems it's not a problem with those 2 programs.
Crash report is attached.

EDIT: Game crashed at loading screen while it was loading data for a MP session.
Dmp file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qzx9e4g1qudwd2x/MWLDumpFnl.dmp?dl=0.

Hondo
09-05-2015, 21:48
Hi Hondo, is there anything logged in the Windows Event Viewer at the time of these crashes??

Check the "Application" log and "system" at the time of the Crash.

Hi Morgan,

Nope nothing reported in the event viewer at all.

Thanks

hdpercar
09-05-2015, 22:09
Please read through this. Apply all recommendations. it might help

tried all but not worked. What else can i do?

Here's my dump file I got in My doc/Project Car/ dbgsession/

// Session Report

[ID] : 0285-7df5-4c29-5c85
[Build] : SMSARI.20150507.1001.BLDA000
[Bootup Date] : 09/05/2015
[Bootup Time] : 16:41:23

[Msg] : Unhandled exception trapped. EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION at 0xea8e2296. Reading from Address 0x000003a0. Thread 0x0000080c

[Total Memory] : 4091.61 MB
[Bootup Used] : 1250.45 MB
[Bootup Free] : 2841.16 MB
[Current Used] : 3482.66 MB
[Current Free] : 608.95 MB
[Virtual Avail] : 8386105.00 MB

// OS Report

[Name] : Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium - 64 bits
[ProductID] : 00359-112-0540113-85188
[Time Zone] : -5

[Suite Mask] : 0x300

// CPU Report

[Name] : Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E7400 @ 2.80GHz
[Caption] : Intel64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10
[ID] : BFEBFBFF0001067A
[Curr Speed] : 1.55 GHz
[Max Speed] : 2.73 GHz
[Ext Clock] : 266 MHz
[Num Cores] : 2
[Logical Procs] : 2

// Disk Report

[Volume] : \\?\Volume{8521a059-cfe0-11e3-8312-806e6f6e6963}\
[Serial] : 0x524be334
[Capacity] : 931.41 GB
[Used] : 210.87 GB
[Free] : 720.55 GB

[Volume] : \\?\Volume{8521a05c-cfe0-11e3-8312-806e6f6e6963}\
[Serial] : 0x524be334

// Adapter Report

[Name] : {299E1BF9-419F-4893-9F5C-C763D01D1544}
[Desc] : Realtek RTL8168D/8111D Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC (NDIS 6.20)
[MAC Address] : 001cc09da933
[Local IP] : 192.168.15.5
[Gateway IP] : 192.168.15.1

[Pool] : System
[Capacity] : 64.00 MB (67108864 bytes)
[Used] : 12.36 MB (12962480 bytes)
[Free] : 51.64 MB (54146384 bytes)
[Largest Free] : 51.64 MB (54146384 bytes)
[Alloc Peak] : 12.84 MB (13463344 bytes)
[Blocks Used] : 28
[Blocks Free] : 1
[Blocks Peak] : 30
[Small Blocks] : 0
[Alloc Counter] : 448
[Free Counter] : 420

[Pool] : Base
[Capacity] : 768.00 MB (805306368 bytes)
[Used] : 418.67 MB (439010195 bytes)
[Free] : 349.39 MB (366362909 bytes)
[Largest Free] : 331.83 MB (347950104 bytes)
[Alloc Peak] : 419.69 MB (440076488 bytes)
[Blocks Used] : 11433
[Blocks Free] : 29
[Blocks Peak] : 11433
[Small Blocks] : 14788
[Alloc Counter] : 59353
[Free Counter] : 33132

[Pool] : STM
[Capacity] : 6.00 MB (6291456 bytes)
[Used] : 0.64 MB (672255 bytes)
[Free] : 5.36 MB (5619201 bytes)
[Largest Free] : 3.24 MB (3397632 bytes)
[Alloc Peak] : 2.46 MB (2576823 bytes)
[Blocks Used] : 23
[Blocks Free] : 3
[Blocks Peak] : 28
[Small Blocks] : 490
[Alloc Counter] : 754
[Free Counter] : 241

[Pool] : Physics
[Used] : 2.05 MB (2151706 bytes)
[Free] : 61.95 MB (64957158 bytes)
[Largest Free] : 61.90 MB (64901990 bytes)
[Alloc Peak] : 2.10 MB (2206874 bytes)
[Blocks Used] : 763
[Blocks Free] : 2
[Blocks Peak] : 769
[Small Blocks] : 168
[Alloc Counter] : 941
[Free Counter] : 10

[Pool] : Game
[Capacity] : 1024.00 MB (1073741824 bytes)
[Used] : 77.67 MB (81446881 bytes)
[Free] : 946.33 MB (992294943 bytes)
[Largest Free] : 944.29 MB (990159048 bytes)
[Alloc Peak] : 288.08 MB (302070128 bytes)
[Blocks Used] : 10906
[Blocks Free] : 4
[Blocks Peak] : 10907
[Small Blocks] : 39346
[Alloc Counter] : 57582
[Free Counter] : 7330

[Pool] : Overflow
[Used] : 0.25 MB (262272 bytes)
[Free] : 63.75 MB (66846592 bytes)
[Largest Free] : 63.75 MB (66846592 bytes)
[Alloc Peak] : 0.25 MB (262272 bytes)
[Blocks Used] : 1
[Blocks Peak] : 1
[Alloc Counter] : 1
[Free Counter] : 0

[Pool] : FMOD
[Capacity] : 32.00 MB (33554432 bytes)
[Used] : 17.85 MB (18721658 bytes)
[Free] : 14.15 MB (14832774 bytes)
[Largest Free] : 8.58 MB (9001822 bytes)
[Alloc Peak] : 26.44 MB (27728200 bytes)
[Blocks Used] : 1895
[Blocks Free] : 5
[Blocks Peak] : 1921
[Small Blocks] : 5759
[Alloc Counter] : 7778
[Free Counter] : 124

[Pool] : Particles
[Capacity] : 48.00 MB (50331648 bytes)
[Used] : 0.16 MB (163944 bytes)
[Free] : 47.84 MB (50167704 bytes)
[Largest Free] : 47.84 MB (50167704 bytes)
[Alloc Peak] : 0.16 MB (163944 bytes)
[Blocks Used] : 12
[Blocks Peak] : 12
[Small Blocks] : 1
[Alloc Counter] : 13

[Pool] : UnlockableItems
[Capacity] : 1.00 MB (1048576 bytes)
[Free] : 0.75 MB (786304 bytes)
[Largest Free] : 0.75 MB (786304 bytes)
[Small Blocks] : 2
[Alloc Counter] : 3

Attempting to display Stack:

8791438271126 C:\Windows\system32\nvwgf2umx.dll(0) :
1295204752 (0) :
30538081 (0) :
2002060240 (0) : RtlNtdllName
2655888 (0) :
16 C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\pCars\pCARS64.exe(0) :
2656424 (0) :
2658864 (0) :
8 C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\pCars\pCARS64.exe(0) :
47936869127634 (0) :
2001271720 (0) : RtlAllocateHeap
8791437972267 C:\Windows\system32\nvwgf2umx.dll(0) :
1069711984 (0) :
15 C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\pCars\pCARS64.exe(0) :
712 C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\pCars\pCARS64.exe(0) :
46479536 (0) :
712 C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\pCars\pCARS64.exe(0) :
8 C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\pCars\pCARS64.exe(0) :
1 C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\pCars\pCARS64.exe(0) :
15 C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\pCars\pCARS64.exe(0) :

Kukarec
09-05-2015, 22:21
Thanks for registering on the forum Kukarec. Do have a look at the stickies at the top of the technical help & support thread and read some of the suggestions mentioned from other users and WMD members.
Edit your signature via the control panel and list your computer specifications for us to see.

My PC:
I5,
16Gb,
780 Gforce,
G27,

tried all but not worked. What else can i do?

GT500
09-05-2015, 22:35
Thanks
A screen grab of the error you have experienced will help. Also the timestamped dbg crash session folder which is located in my documents>Project Cars>dbgsession
.Zip the correct error folder and upload it here using the go advanced button when you post.

I have found it best to zip the folder straight after i may have had an issue and upload it because everytime you start the game a new folder will be created.

Aldo Zampatti
09-05-2015, 22:36
[Current Used] : 3482.66 MB
[Current Free] : 608.95 MB

RAM Maybe, can you reboot your windows, close all background programs and re-start the game? Since you're in 4GB of RAM, you might be near the limit, although your virtual ram is fine.

On the other hand, the dll that crashed is an nvidia one.

finally, you might try booting the game with the -x86 parameter to force 32bit to see if it helps

Aldo Zampatti
09-05-2015, 22:53
Merged thread for easier tracking.

Aldo Zampatti
09-05-2015, 22:54
I have - Core I7 4790k (not overclocked), Gigabite GTX760 4Gb (downclocked -100MHz, last nvidia driver), 12gb DDR, ASUS MAXIMUS VII RANGER. All overlays off.

Do you have constants crashes? often? sometimes?

Do you see any debug logs in your MyDocuments\Project CARS folder? can you post the latest one you have?

thanks!

hdpercar
09-05-2015, 23:17
RAM Maybe, can you reboot your windows, close all background programs and re-start the game? Since you're in 4GB of RAM, you might be near the limit, although your virtual ram is fine.

On the other hand, the dll that crashed is an nvidia one.

finally, you might try booting the game with the -x86 parameter to force 32bit to see if it helps

Hello Aldo,
Tried you recommendation from above but it didn't work. I'm attaching new dump files with 32bit-x86 boot now for your reference. Thanks again for your help

mau92
09-05-2015, 23:18
I checked that post, Aldo, and not any of the workarounds point to what could be the problem. I exit some races and everything went ok, but then it happened again. I'm now making a cache check to see if that helps.

MichaelVash7886
09-05-2015, 23:19
I cannot even get past the logo screen. It just crashes right away. I have tried -x64, -dx9, -x86. Verifying cache, rebooting, and running steam in admin mode. No luck. Getting really frustrating.

Looks like an ntdll.dll error.

Morgan Henstridge
09-05-2015, 23:31
I cannot even get past the logo screen. It just crashes right away. I have tried -x64, -dx9, -x86. Verifying cache, rebooting, and running steam in admin mode. No luck. Getting really frustrating.

Hi MichaelVash7886, have a look over Here (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22165-Project-Cars-won-t-lauch-on-steam), as there are a few things to try here for the ntdll.dll error.

Aldo Zampatti
09-05-2015, 23:35
Hello Aldo,
Tried you recommendation from above but it didn't work. I'm attaching new dump files with 32bit-x86 boot now for your reference. Thanks again for your help

I've checked your debug and RAM utilization still critical:
[Total Memory] : 4091.61 MB
[Bootup Used] : 2643.57 MB
[Bootup Free] : 1448.04 MB
[Current Used] : 3630.83 MB
[Current Free] : 460.78 MB

My guess comes from that side, could you try to free up more memory? is that possible?

oqvist
09-05-2015, 23:56
Also got the issue after the patch I can´t recall getting it before anyway. Game don´t crash it runs so I can see the logos some time then jumps back to windows. Can´t alt-tab back. When I close it I can see how far it come in the intro movie.

Running as administrator with no GPU overclock or oc software running. And have an administrator account.

I7 4770K
GTX 980 new clean driver install
Windows 7 64-bit

aseek
10-05-2015, 00:01
none of the solutions provided worked for me. alt-tabbing when the game crashes shows "Search Pane" in the alt-tab menu, then it disappears. any ideas?

this seems to happen with Windows 8.1, discussed here: https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/8347f6ce-aceb-41fa-a9a7-e3af04c204ea/unwanted-programs-in-alttab-window?forum=w8itprogeneral

here are my crash dumps: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7u6f7k6bi...yhlXXN-Ka?dl=0

and event logs:

Faulting application name: pCARS64.exe, version: 1.0.1.2, time stamp: 0x554b72a0
Faulting module name: pCARS64.exe, version: 1.0.1.2, time stamp: 0x554b72a0
Exception code: 0xc000041d
Fault offset: 0x0000000000d9a66d
Faulting process id: 0x5e78
Faulting application start time: 0x01d089ca3321eead
Faulting application path: D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\pCars\pCARS64.exe
Faulting module path: D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\pCars\pCARS64.exe
Report Id: 75d607bd-f5c5-11e4-bf8e-bc5ff45b4094
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

and

Fault bucket 86075652821, type 4
Event Name: APPCRASH

Problem signature:
P4: pCARS64.exe
P5: 1.0.1.2
P6: 554b72a0
P7: c000041d
P8: 0000000000d9a66d
P9:
P10:

Analysis symbol:
Report Id: 75d607bd-f5c5-11e4-bf8e-bc5ff45b4094
Hashed bucket: 1a9c7f69d422c72b56e15003af423f8e

GT500
10-05-2015, 00:03

do you have logitech profile installed by any chance?

Seriously i just tried to run the game its been a few days. It just quit to desktop but still running. I had installed logitech profile for a game pad test . Ive uninstalled it and the game runs normal.
try it

To be more precise i actually unistalled geforce experience aswell.
The only start up process i have are
nvbackend
msifastboot
realtek audio

TurboNoob
10-05-2015, 00:03
Yes, i have constant crashes. Practice, qualification - no problem. But after qualification, before race - black screen. I uninstal windows 10. Now i have windows 7 (clean install with format c), and again: Unhandled exception....
Latest nvidia driver.

Aldo Zampatti
10-05-2015, 00:04
none of the solutions provided worked for me. alt-tabbing when the game crashes shows "Search Pane" in the alt-tab menu, then it disappears. any ideas?

Anything on the debu folder in MyDocuments?

aseek
10-05-2015, 00:12
here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7u6f7k6bijamghk/AAB66RTcze1R5ZA7yhlXXN-Ka?dl=0

Morgan Henstridge
10-05-2015, 00:24
Yes, i have constant crashes. Practice, qualification - no problem. But after qualification, before race - black screen. I uninstal windows 10. Now i have windows 7 (clean install with format c), and again: Unhandled exception....
Latest nvidia driver.

Hi TurboNoob, do you have "geforce experience" installed with the latest nvidia drivers??

Might be worth doing a clean driver install without that component.

TurboNoob
10-05-2015, 00:33
I uninstalled Ge Force Experience and Logitech profiler 10 min ago. Now i wait when windows install 199 updates. Later i try Cars again.

Aldo Zampatti
10-05-2015, 00:40
Remember to do at least two reboots after updates, sometimes it takes more than one to install

(Golden rule if you're Windows server admin!)

MichaelVash7886
10-05-2015, 00:41
Hi MichaelVash7886, have a look over Here (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22165-Project-Cars-won-t-lauch-on-steam), as there are a few things to try here for the ntdll.dll error.

None of those worked for me.

Morgan Henstridge
10-05-2015, 00:53
None of those worked for me.

Hi Michael, run SFC.EXE /SCANNOW from an elevated (Run as administrator) Command Prompt. This will get Windows to check the system files, including ntdll.dll, for any corruption.

Morgan Henstridge
10-05-2015, 01:02

Hi LuckyLIVE, another thing you can try is to run in DX9 mode.
You just need to put "-dx9" (without the " ") into Set Launch Options. This is found by Right clicking the game in Steam and select Properties.

You may have an issue with your system that doesn't like DX11 for whatever reason, if you also had to run GTA5 in DX10 mode.

Jeremy Clarkson
10-05-2015, 01:18
Windows 8.1 Pro

MichaelVash7886
10-05-2015, 01:56
Hi Michael, run SFC.EXE /SCANNOW from an elevated (Run as administrator) Command Prompt. This will get Windows to check the system files, including ntdll.dll, for any corruption.

I'll give this a shot, but I'm not having an issue with any other games at all.

TurboNoob
10-05-2015, 01:59
I reboot 3+1 times. Again Unhandled exception.... Now im must uninstal PC.

aseek
10-05-2015, 02:35
aside from removing dropbox from my computer, sfc.exe /scannow found no issues and fixed nothing.

MichaelVash7886
10-05-2015, 02:54
You just need to put "-dx9" (without the " ") into Set Launch Options. This is found by Right clicking the game in Steam and select Properties.

You may have an issue with your system that doesn't like DX11 for whatever reason, if you also had to run GTA5 in DX10 mode.

This did not make a difference.

Morgan Henstridge
10-05-2015, 04:55
This did not make a difference.

That was for LuckyLIVE, who has a different error and also could not play GTA5 in DX11 mode.

Morgan Henstridge
10-05-2015, 05:36
Windows 8.1 Pro

Hi Jezza :)

So you have anything logged into the Windows Event Viewer at the time of these crashes??

saxohare
10-05-2015, 06:15
Hi All,

I had a black screen and no response in between online sessions, :mad:
I only had one crash (no black screen) after starting the game using ...\pCars\pCARS64.exe
so i don't use the play button in steam ;)

ozm8ey
10-05-2015, 06:35
got this just after we finished to qualify a race and before the actual race started in online play

http://s21.postimg.org/pxmetqm9z/Untitled.png

LuckyLIVE
10-05-2015, 06:37

At first I would like to thank you all for the great support you are willing to give!

OK, I will definitly try the "-dx9" thing and the aggro-airflow-strategy ... :D

Just in case: How do I set the Launch Options back to DX11 if "-dx9" does not work?

Morgan Henstridge
10-05-2015, 06:42
At first I would like to thank you all for the great support you are willing to give!

OK, I will definitly try the "-dx9" thing and the aggro-airflow-strategy ... :D

Just in case: How do I set the Launch Options back to DX11 if "-dx9" does not work?

You're welcome, we just want to get you out on the track ASAP :)

If you just go back into Launch Options and delete the -dx9 then hit OK, it will default back to DX11.

Morgan Henstridge
10-05-2015, 06:44
got this just after we finished to qualify a race and before the actual race started in online play

http://s21.postimg.org/pxmetqm9z/Untitled.png

Hi ozm8ey, Was there anything logged in the Windows Event Viewer at the time of that crash??

Also did it just crash out all at once, or did you get a black screen first with sound still going before the crash??

edit - Actually ozm8ey, are you launching from the Play button in steam or trying the exe directly??

Just saw this in another thread....

Hi All,

I had a black screen and no response in between online sessions, :mad:
I only had one crash (no black screen) after starting the game using ...\pCars\pCARS64.exe
so i don't use the play button in steam ;)

ozm8ey
10-05-2015, 06:56
launching from the play button and the screen did go black. I could also hear the car sounds while it was black.

Morgan Henstridge
10-05-2015, 07:00
launching from the play button and the screen did go black. I could also hear the car sounds while it was black.

Might be worth trying without using the play button as the other user above. I must say I launch via SimCommander, so I am also not using the play button and i have no issues.

Also check the Windows Event Viewer at the time of the crash and see if anything was logged. Sounds like a "Display Driver has Stopped Responding" situation.

Sankyo
10-05-2015, 07:01

Do you have any background apps running, injectors like reshade or monitoring programs with an OSD?

Scribbles
10-05-2015, 07:21
I too am now having these issues, this is from starting the game. I've tried from The Steam App, The desktop shortcut, and also the pCars.exe directly - all the same result, but with variances in the thread address the exception is occurring at. This seems to have happened since the last time I exited the game, there it appears to have frozen after clicking the X to exit, so I Ctrl+Alt+Del to start task manager to exit.
Sorry for the large post, but example Debug Dump below

// Session Report

[ID] : 0359-7df5-5434-7e18
: SMSARI.20150507.1001.BLDA000
[Bootup Date] : 10/05/2015
[Bootup Time] : 16:52:31

[Msg] : Unhandled exception trapped. EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION at 0x40e32d96. Reading from Address 0x00000000. Thread 0x00001654

[Total Memory] : 16325.67 MB
[Bootup Used] : 3469.55 MB
[Bootup Free] : 12856.12 MB
[Current Used] : 5784.59 MB
[Current Free] : 10541.08 MB
[Virtual Avail] : 8386171.50 MB

// OS Report

[Name] : Microsoft Windows 7 Professional - 64-bit
[ProductID] : 00371-OEM-[B]****Redacted****
[Time Zone] : +10

[Suite Mask] : 0x100

// CPU Report

[Name] : Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz
[Caption] : Intel64 Family 6 Model 60 Stepping 3
[ID] : BFEBFBFF000306C3
[Curr Speed] : 3.91 GHz
[Max Speed] : 3.91 GHz
[Ext Clock] : 100 MHz
[Num Cores] : 4
[Logical Procs] : 8

// Disk Report

[Volume] : \\?\Volume{76daf1b7-8383-4e53-9c14-1ad5ccedde9e}\
[Serial] : 0x6c5e63eb
[Capacity] : 232.66 GB
[Used] : 108.84 GB
[Free] : 123.83 GB

[Volume] : \\?\Volume{fcbe5e07-45ef-11e4-8e83-10c37b6de770}\
[Serial] : 0xde3c37dc
[Capacity] : 931.51 GB
[Used] : 535.40 GB
[Free] : 396.11 GB

[Path] : E:\
[Volume] : \\?\Volume{4d46e5d0-4536-11e4-8b70-806e6f6e6963}\
[Serial] : 0xde3c37dc

// Adapter Report

[Name] : {2C34C1E7-53C8-45E5-AB35-EED0AF7345F5}
[Desc] : Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (2) I218-V
[MAC Address] : ***Redacted***
[Local IP] : 192.168.1.3
[Gateway IP] : 192.168.1.1

[Pool] : System
[Used] : 12.24 MB (12831936 bytes)
[Free] : 51.76 MB (54276928 bytes)
[Largest Free] : 51.76 MB (54276928 bytes)
[Alloc Peak] : 12.24 MB (12833088 bytes)
[Blocks Used] : 24
[Blocks Peak] : 26
[Alloc Counter] : 51
[Free Counter] : 27

[Pool] : Base
[Capacity] : 768.00 MB (805306368 bytes)
[Used] : 377.50 MB (395835818 bytes)
[Free] : 390.50 MB (409470550 bytes)
[Largest Free] : 360.46 MB (377972448 bytes)
[Alloc Peak] : 377.50 MB (395835818 bytes)
[Blocks Used] : 5770
[Blocks Free] : 11
[Blocks Peak] : 5770
[Small Blocks] : 3738
[Alloc Counter] : 10236
[Free Counter] : 728

[Pool] : STM
[Capacity] : 6.00 MB (6291456 bytes)
[Free] : 5.75 MB (6029184 bytes)
[Largest Free] : 5.75 MB (6029184 bytes)
[Small Blocks] : 11
[Alloc Counter] : 14
[Free Counter] : 2

[Pool] : Physics
[Used] : 0.92 MB (962192 bytes)
[Free] : 63.08 MB (66146672 bytes)
[Largest Free] : 63.08 MB (66146672 bytes)
[Alloc Peak] : 0.92 MB (962192 bytes)
[Blocks Used] : 10
[Blocks Peak] : 10
[Small Blocks] : 5
[Alloc Counter] : 15

[Pool] : Game
[Capacity] : 1024.00 MB (1073741824 bytes)
[Used] : 32.30 MB (33872784 bytes)
[Free] : 991.70 MB (1039869040 bytes)
[Largest Free] : 990.69 MB (1038812992 bytes)
[Alloc Peak] : 33.31 MB (34927536 bytes)
[Blocks Used] : 20
[Blocks Free] : 2
[Blocks Peak] : 22
[Small Blocks] : 9
[Alloc Counter] : 33
[Free Counter] : 4

[Pool] : Overflow
[Free] : 63.75 MB (66846592 bytes)
[Largest Free] : 63.75 MB (66846592 bytes)
[Alloc Counter] : 1

[Pool] : FMOD
[Capacity] : 32.00 MB (33554432 bytes)
[Used] : 0.44 MB (462480 bytes)
[Free] : 31.56 MB (33091952 bytes)
[Largest Free] : 31.56 MB (33091952 bytes)
[Alloc Peak] : 0.44 MB (462480 bytes)
[Blocks Used] : 7
[Blocks Peak] : 7
[Alloc Counter] : 7

[Pool] : Particles
[Capacity] : 48.00 MB (50331648 bytes)
[Used] : 0.16 MB (163944 bytes)
[Free] : 47.84 MB (50167704 bytes)
[Largest Free] : 47.84 MB (50167704 bytes)
[Alloc Peak] : 0.16 MB (163944 bytes)
[Blocks Used] : 12
[Blocks Peak] : 12
[Small Blocks] : 1
[Alloc Counter] : 13

Attempting to display Stack:

5383597462 c:\sms\code\aries_cert\common\mwl\renderer\source\platforms\windx11\cdx11texture.cpp(1062) : MWL::Renderer::WinRendererDX11::CTexture::CTexture
5383007356 c:\sms\code\aries_cert\common\mwl\renderer\source\platforms\windx11\cdx11renderer.cpp(8276) : MWL::Renderer::WinRendererDX11::CRenderer::AddTexture
5383731122 c:\sms\code\aries_cert\common\mwl\renderer\source\platforms\windx11\cdx11rendertarget.cpp(264) : MWL::Renderer::WinRendererDX11::CRenderTarget::CRenderTarget
5383006569 c:\sms\code\aries_cert\common\mwl\renderer\source\platforms\windx11\cdx11renderer.cpp(6577) : MWL::Renderer::WinRendererDX11::CRenderer::AddRenderTarget
5376830361 c:\sms\code\aries_cert\common\mwl\graphicsengine\source\deferredlighting\deferredrenderinghelper.cpp(1963) : MWL::GraphicsEngine::CDeferredRenderingHelper::CreateDeferredRenderingResources
5369109825 c:\sms\code\aries_cert\aries\trunk\src\app\source\cgameappopen.cpp(1883) : MWL::SMS::cGameApp::AppOpenInitRendererFiles
5369113936 c:\sms\code\aries_cert\aries\trunk\src\app\source\cgameappopen.cpp(1216) : MWL::SMS::cGameApp::AppOpenSetupManagers
5369081638 c:\sms\code\aries_cert\aries\trunk\src\app\source\bootflow\bootphasesplash.cpp(316) : MWL::SMS::BootPhaseSplash::ProcessData
5375725999 c:\sms\code\aries_cert\common\mwl\base\trunk\src\source\modules\apploader\bapploaderphase.cpp(159) : MWL::Base::BAppLoaderPhase::DoProcessData
5375740559 c:\sms\code\aries_cert\common\mwl\base\trunk\src\source\modules\apploader\bapploaderqueue.cpp(569) : MWL::Base::BAppLoaderQueue::Tick
5369084252 c:\sms\code\aries_cert\aries\trunk\src\app\source\bootflow\cbootupsection.cpp(513) : MWL::SMS::CBootupSection::Process
5373128479 c:\sms\code\aries_cert\common\mwl\appsupport\raceappcore\trunk\src\source\csection.cpp(91) : MWL::SMS::CSection::Tick
5376223113 c:\sms\code\aries_cert\common\mwl\base\trunk\src\source\modules\appsection\bappsection.cpp(314) : MWL::Base::BAppSection::_Tick
5375661838 c:\sms\code\aries_cert\common\mwl\base\trunk\src\source\modules\appsection\bappsectionmanager.cpp(296) : MWL::Base::BAppSectionManager::Tick
5369098737 c:\sms\code\aries_cert\aries\trunk\src\app\source\cgameapp.cpp(2075) : MWL::SMS::cGameApp::Tick
5376777049 c:\sms\code\aries_cert\common\mwl\base\trunk\src\kernel\source\game\platformapi\bplatformapigame.cpp(82) : MWL::Base::BPlatformAPIGame::ExecuteGameProject
5376776861 c:\sms\code\aries_cert\common\mwl\base\trunk\src\kernel\source\game\platformapi\bplatformapigamepc.cpp(122) : WinMain
5384520676 f:\dd\vctools\crt_bld\self_64_amd64\crt\src\crt0.c(275) : __tmainCRTStartup
1994480077 (0) : BaseThreadInitThunk
1996798097 (0) : RtlUserThreadStart

Darkris
10-05-2015, 07:29
Hello,

I summarize this morning :
1st launch : PC blocked on start page (with SMS/WMD logos) : need a completet system restart :mad:
2nd launch : joining a MP session : "Drive" option locked :mad:
3rd launch : joining a Mp session : black screen instead of saloon, need a complete system restart :mad:
30 minutes of frustration, unable to launch ...

Each time I need to reboot cause, even killing the PCars64.exe process, it indicates that game is already launched.
Wich process need to be killed to relaunch PC, instead of rebooting ?

Darkris
10-05-2015, 07:51
The show must go on ...

4th launch : black screen passing from qulification to race ... again a complete reboot needed :mad:

Aldo Zampatti
10-05-2015, 07:53
Steam saying app still running is a known issue, I belive. But if you kill all your steam process, it will let you re-run the game.

Have you read all this thread and the Stickies one on the Support subforum? there are a LOT of stability recommendations and crashes workarounds.

Take a moment to read/apply them (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22964-HELPFUL-POSTS-Check-here-for-Enhancing-Troubleshooting-Game-Experience), please, and report back

Scribbles
10-05-2015, 07:57
FIX FOUND FOR ISSUE:
This is for those are not even able to start the game (i.e. not crashing after a session, online or otherwise).
There is a Graphics config file in the My Documents/Project CARS folder - an name of 'graphicsconfigdx11'. Delete this and you will be able to start the game again.
I'll do some testing now and see if the crash after sessions issue occurs at all and let you know.

Aldo Zampatti
10-05-2015, 08:10
FIX FOUND FOR ISSUE:
This is for those are not even able to start the game (i.e. not crashing after a session, online or otherwise).
There is a Graphics config file in the My Documents/Project CARS folder - an name of 'graphicsconfigdx11'. Delete this and you will be able to start the game again.
I'll do some testing now and see if the crash after sessions issue occurs at all and let you know.

If that's the case that deleting XML resolves the crashing, then Game crashed related to a setting made on the Options&Help/VISUALS/PERFORMANCE section.

Most certainly, if you make that setting on back again you'll end up in the same place. So you might want to keep track of the changes you're applying :)

redboers
10-05-2015, 08:21
Hi

I had the same issue, make sure you are starting using the 64 bit.exe. I use this & the crashes went away.

LuckyLIVE
10-05-2015, 08:30
You're welcome, we just want to get you out on the track ASAP :)

If you just go back into Launch Options and delete the -dx9 then hit OK, it will default back to DX11.

... the "-dx9"-thingy seems to work at the moment. played for about 1,5 hours without crashing the game ... continue testing ... I'll keep you up-to-date ... :D

Greetings ...

TONSCHUH
10-05-2015, 08:31
For me the game is crashing / exiting to the desktop without any error-message and completely randomly.

- graphicsconfigdx11.xml: Click (http://pastebin.com/y1LFBZc7)

- DXDIAG: Click (http://pastebin.com/NkyfDTzA)

- Spec's: Click (http://pastebin.com/q2D0simH)

Running the game @stock-clock's doesn't make a difference.

:-/

Aldo Zampatti
10-05-2015, 08:36
For me the game is crashing / exiting to the desktop without any error-message and completely randomly.

Your system looks heavily customized. Are you using custom vBIOS on your 780's?

Regarding your graphics setting, You're using SMAA along with normal AA (option 6 I believe is DS4x?)
Please try NOT using SMAA, also tune down Reflections and Env Map.

give it a go and let me know

Morgan Henstridge
10-05-2015, 08:36
... the "-dx9"-thingy seems to work at the moment. played for about 1,5 hours without crashing the game ... continue testing ... I'll keep you up-to-date ... :D

Greetings ...

If it keeps working for you LuckyLIVE, then it looks like your PC has issues with DX11. Might need a format and fresh install of windows to get to the bottom of that, but running DX9 will hopefully let you play until you have time to do a re-install of everything.

Just wish i thought of that sooner after you mentioned the GTA5 issue :)

Happy Racing :)

EDIT - Maybe everyone getting the "display driver has stopped responding" error in the Windows Event Viewer, or black screens with sound, should try the -dx9 startup option.

Aldo Zampatti
10-05-2015, 08:41
It might be needed to be added to "my list". I'll keep that in mind if future users find it useful

Morgan Henstridge
10-05-2015, 08:43
It might be needed to be added to "my list". I'll keep that in mind if future users find it useful

Agreed.

Might not work for everyone, but its quick and easy for everyone to try, and it is definitely working for some people :)

TONSCHUH
10-05-2015, 08:51
Your system looks heavily customized. Are you using custom vBIOS on your 780's?

Regarding your graphics setting, You're using SMAA along with normal AA (option 6 I believe is DS4x?)
Please try NOT using SMAA, also tune down Reflections and Env Map.

give it a go and let me know

I use a custom vBIOS (skyn3t = no boost = 1.212V = 1150MHz Core).

My settings were:

- AA = DS2M
- SMAA = Ultra.
- Reflextion = Ultra
- Environment Map = Ultra

Now:

- SMAA = off
- AA = DS2M
- Reflextions = Medium
- Environment Map = Medium

I will report back if things are better now.

Thanks for your help !

:)

Aldo Zampatti
10-05-2015, 08:54
I use a custom vBIOS (skyn3t = no boost = 1.212V = 1150MHz Core).

My settings were:

- AA = DS2M
- SMAA = Ultra.
- Reflextion = Ultra
- Environment Map = Ultra

Now:

- SMAA = off
- AA = DS2M
- Reflextions = Medium
- Environment Map = Medium

I will report back if things are better now.

Thanks for your help !

Great. Try those settings, and try also UNDERCLOCKING your GPUs.
Since PCARS is prone to OC, running a custom bios will be risky at least for this game. So if it still hangs, try all the default values of an 780 or 780 Ti.

cheers!

babyaby1
10-05-2015, 09:23
Hi There
I am having the same problem regarding this Unhandled exception error on Startup.
I have a top end machine, Windows 7, GTX 970, 12gb ram, 3770k processor - was overclocked but dropped back to default.
I have the latest gforce drivers installed. I have tried all the workarounds on the forums such as:
Tried in launched to add -dx9 -x86
Tried verifying my steam cache files
made sure windows updates were all up to date
Loaded steam in admin mode
Tried running PCars64 directly, also in admin mode
Deleted the graphicsconfig file in the documents section
Did lots of reboots.
Unplugged unnecesary hardware
disabled antivirus and antispyware
Even tried a redownload and reinstall

I just don't know what else I can possibly try. I do not have any errors with any other games. I have not even had the luxury of seeing the game menu. Only the start up splash screen.
Anyone who can help me would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Darren

TONSCHUH
10-05-2015, 09:24
Great. Try those settings, and try also UNDERCLOCKING your GPUs.
Since PCARS is prone to OC, running a custom bios will be risky at least for this game. So if it still hangs, try all the default values of an 780 or 780 Ti.

cheers!

It did it again, after I finished the Karts-Championship.

The GPU-Clock's are standard (Click (http://www.gigabyte.com.au/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4890#ov)), I only disabled the Boost-Feature and fixed the voltage to 1.212V.

Will now try to under-clock the GPU's a bit.

Edit:

It happened again, after I finished the first Ford-Focus-Race (after showing the Leaderboards), even that I under-clocked my GPU's by 100MHz = 1045MHz Core).
The strange thing is, that it happens when there is hardly any load on the system and not when doing a race.

:confused:

Morgan Henstridge
10-05-2015, 09:26
Hi Darren, Do you have anything logged into the Windows Event Viewer at the time of these crashes??

Pr3t3nd3r
10-05-2015, 09:34
If that's the case that deleting XML resolves the crashing, then Game crashed related to a setting made on the Options&Help/VISUALS/PERFORMANCE section.

Most certainly, if you make that setting on back again you'll end up in the same place. So you might want to keep track of the changes you're applying :)

But if that xml file is the cause of all our problems than there is something wrong with the game itself IMO. The question is why is this happening mostly when I play MP and not SP. I got only one crash when I was playing SP and this was my fault because I have minimized the game :)

Have those "blue" guys found anything suspicious in those reports? :) Maybe we should push on Nvidia and AMD for making better drivers which are not focused only on GTA 5 :D

GT500
10-05-2015, 09:48

Thats a lot of voltage for an intel chip is it not guys? CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k @4700MHz @1.435V

Pr3t3nd3r
10-05-2015, 09:50
Thats a lot of voltage for an intel chip is it not guys? CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k @4700MHz @1.435V

That is like :O:O:O:O voltage! Seriously I wouldn't go over 1.3V with no exception :S

TONSCHUH
10-05-2015, 09:56
That is like :O:O:O:O voltage! Seriously I wouldn't go over 1.3V with no exception :S

The CPU is bench / prime95-stable with lower voltages, but to be able to play BF3 / BF4 / BF:H I had to increase the voltages a bit.

I had no issues so far and the CPU + GPU's are water-cooled and all temps are ok.

GT500
10-05-2015, 09:56
mine will OC to 4.6ghz stock voltage. to reach 4.7ghz i need near 1.3v
This has no effect when gaming a slight overclock seems ok for most games but pcars is a sensitive piece of code so i run stock clocks :friendly_wink:
SLI for 1080p gaming @ 60fps? is that really needed?
Back on topic i just want to give my opinion :)

TONSCHUH
10-05-2015, 10:01
mine will OC to 4.6ghz stock voltage. to reach 4.7ghz i need near 1.3v
This has no effect when gaming a slight overclock seems ok for most games but pcars is a sensitive piece of code so i run stock clocks :friendly_wink:

OK, I will reduce my CPU-OC as well and have another look into it tomorrow.