PDA

View Full Version : Project Cars - Ultimate Suggestion Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

ThreeAngryOwls
07-05-2015, 22:59
Project Cars - Suggestion Thread

As the title suggests, this thread is dedicated towards gathering suggestions from the community on features, changes or content you'd either like to see implemented or changed within the console version of Project Cars. All suggestions provided will be implemented into the original post for easier access and viewing. If you have a suggestion for the game, feel free to leave a comment below and I'll include it below. In addition to this, I will be updating each suggestion with ratings, based on the communities opinions. The purpose of this is to immediately be able to identify which suggestions are the most popular and requested amongst the community so, hopefully, developers can build on from this when looking to implement future content in the near future. I hope you all support this and help drive the future of Project Cars to reach the potential it's capable of achieving.

Note: If you see a suggestion already listed that you're in favour for, leave a comment below showing your support for it, and I'll update the ratings for that suggestion. Additionally, I can not update this every hour, but I will, at the very least, update this thread once a day (usually evening) with all your comments, suggestions and ratings.

Community Suggestions:

Multi-Class Races (Ratings: 8) - Provide players with the option to host multi-class races in single and multi-player sessions.
Allow us to Create Championships (Ratings: 7) - Allow players to setup their own championships within single and multi-player. This should include car types, tracks, weather conditions, point systems and regulations.
Easier Access to Liveries (Ratings: 4) - Provide players with easier access to selecting liveries whilst selecting a car. Don't force players to open the garage to select a livery.
Switch Car during Replays (Ratings: 4) - Allow players to switch between all cars whilst watching a replay, and view them from all driving perspectives.
Less Aggressive AI (Ratings: 4) - Improve the AI to be more aware of you on track. Currently they're very good, but often push you off track or turn into you despite having the racing line.
Animated Pit-stops (Ratings: 4) - Implement animated pit-stops to single and multi-player sessions. Have the team waiting for you with tyres and fuel upon entering the pit, not just a single man standing with a board.
Free Camera Mode in Photo Mode (Ratings: 4) - Implement a free camera mode in the Photo Mode and during replays.
Safety Car (Ratings: 3) - Implement the Safety Car feature for both single and multi-player practice, qualifying and race events.
Easier Access to Options and Assists (Ratings: 4) - Provide easier access to options and assists throughout the game. Don't enforce players to return to the menu or lobbies to change assists, controls or graphic options.
Friend Leaderboards (Ratings: 3) - Implement support to view friends lap times and statistics on the leader-boards.
Additional Options to View Lap and Sector Times Post Race (Ratings: 3) Provide players with the option to view lap and sectors time of all drivers in practice, qualifying, race, spectating and replay modes.
Spectate when Race is Complete (Ratings: 3) - Allow players to spectate over drives when they have completed the race. This is far more interesting than watching an AI drive our own car around the track for three minutes.
Provide Options for More Car Setups (Ratings: 3) - Allow players to save more than one setup per track, and be able to load those setups anywhere for easier access and editing.
Improve Damage Animations (Ratings: 3) - Improve the damage models and animations when blowing an engine, crashing or rolling the car.
Save Mid-Race (Ratings: 3) - Provide players with the option to save longer endurance races mid-race in career and single player.
Formation Lap (Ratings: 3) - Allow for the option to implement Formation Laps for both single and multi-player races.
Obtain More Information from the Engineer (Ratings: 3) - Provide players with the option to contact the engineer mid-session to obtain information about the weather, tyre and damage conditions and current lap-times.
Spotter (Ratings: 3) - Notifications alerting you when you're alongside other drivers. This provides more situational awareness during races and helps avoid collisions within multi-player specifically.
Include Japanese Cars (Ratings: 3) - Include a selection of Japanese cars into the game.
Braking Only Racing Line(Ratings: 3) - Provide players with the option to toggle the racing line to braking only.
Additional Support for Assigning Buttons (Ratings: 2) - For both wheel and controller users, there is an issue with not having enough buttons to assign controls. Creating a dial for the D-Pad could be a potential solution, or alternatively, removing the restrictions of enforcing certain functions such as Handbrake, Kers and Clutch.
Multiple Monitor support (Ratings: 2) - Allow multiple monitor support for up to three monitors on consoles.
Unit Measurements (Ratings: 2) - Allow players to toggle between Imperial and Metric unit measurements.
View all Track Lap Records (Ratings: 2) - Provide a section where players are able to view all their quickest lap records on a single screen.
View other Drivers HUD (Ratings: 2) - Allow players to view other drivers HUD, view lap times and sectors time.
Demo (Ratings: 2) - Provide players with a demo version for the consoles.
In-Game Music Player (Ratings: 2) - Allow players to listen to music in-game. Either music provided by an in-game radio or music stored on the console.
24hr Nurburgring Layout(Ratings: 2) - Include the 24hour version of the Nurburgring circuit.
Three Stage Qualifying(Ratings: 2) - Allow players to set up a three stage knock out qualifying session. For multiplayer support, this may have to be amended.
WRC Events (Ratings: 2) - Implement support for WRC tracks, cars and events.
More Multi-Player Statistics (Ratings: 2) - Provide a more in-depth view on our personal multi-player statistics. Lap times, best cars, tracks, online rivals etc.
View Individual Lap Records for Individual Cars (Ratings: 2) - Provide a section where players are able to view all their lap records for each track, in each car.
Punctures (Ratings: 2) - Implement punctures into the damage system.
Improve the Smoke Graphic Effects (Ratings: 2) - Improve the visuals of tyre smoke when locking brakes, spinning or crashing.
Oval Racing (Ratings: 2) - Implement tracks such as Indy and Daytona for Oval Racing.
Allow Players to Manually Return to Pits (Ratings: 2) - Provide players with the option to manually drive their car back to the pits once the race is complete.
Display Corner Numbers on Track Map(Ratings: 2) - During races, display numbers on each corner of each track. This allows players to identify sections of the track more efficiently with other players.
View Track Map when Selecting Circuits (Ratings: 2) - Display a track map when selecting a track in single player and multi-player.
View Car Stats when Selecting Car (Ratings: 2) - Display car statistics when selecting a car.
Empty Tracks during Practice (Ratings: 2) - Small detail: During practice sessions, there should be no spectators or TV cranes. Teams go to test their cars and tweak setups and because of this, the stands would not be filled with thousands of people.
View Friends Network Profile (Ratings: 2) - Allow players to view friends statistics and network profiles for single and mutli-player.
Custom Helmets (Ratings: 2) - Allow players to select custom helmet designs during the career.
Extend Instant Replay Duration (Ratings: 1) - Extend the instant replay duration beyond the two minute restriction.
McLaren P1 Wing Movement (Ratings: 1) - Add animations to the McLaren P1 so the rear wing rises and lowers as you brake or gain speed.
Mute All (Ratings: 1) - Provide players with the option to mute all players in a lobby.
Kick Players (Ratings: 1) - Allow the host of a multiplayer session to kick players.
Timed Races (Ratings: 1) - Allow players to create races that are set by a timed duration instead of laps completed. In addition, allow players to set the race distance as the finishing trigger.
Drift Mode(Ratings: 1) - Implement support for players who like to drift.
BTCC and WTCC(Ratings: 1) - Include BTCC and WTCC cars.
Racing Facts (Ratings: 1) - Implement racing facts, historical information or general information that players might either find useful or helpful during loading screens, or as a separate in-game guide.
Improve Cockpit and Head Movements (Ratings: 1) - Currently the cockpit and head movements are a little clunky. The hand movements stutter occasionally the turning your head acts almost as a snap animation.
Co-Op Career (Ratings: 1) - The option to play alongside another play throughout the career, either on the same team or against each other.
Support for yellow and red flags, in addition to enforcing penalties on drivers who overtake through yellow flag conditions.
Crane/Toe (Ratings: 1) - Upon running out of fuel or sustaining major damage, have an AI come collect you from the side of the track and put out yellow, or red flag conditions. Driving back to the pits whilst missing wheels isn't very realistic or immersive.
Select Weather for Individual Sessions (Ratings: 1) - Provide players with the option to set weather and time for individual sessions within multi-player sessions. Example: Clear, day for practice. Night, rain for qualifying. Clear, Storm for race.
More Information about Contracts (Ratings: 1) - Provide players with more detailed information about contract and invitational offers during the career mode.
Create your own Team (Ratings: 1) - Provide the option to create your own team in the career mode, and work up through the rankings, earning sponsorship and gaining reputation.
In-Game Voice Chat (Ratings: 1) - In-game support for voice chat on consoles and PC.

Final Notice: I will attempt to keep this up to date daily. If there is any issues with any information or details provided in this thread, please do not hesitate to contact me and I will amend it as soon as possible. I read all comments and will update the post with your suggestions and votes, usually within 24 hours of the post time.

yusupov
07-05-2015, 23:08
oval track (bleh) & indycar are coming...can't recall the source, but they are trying to get the oval racing right & maybe well even have indycar DLC in a couple weeks, who knows :D

ThreeAngryOwls
07-05-2015, 23:10
oval track (bleh) & indycar are coming...can't recall the source, but they are trying to get the oval racing right & maybe well even have indycar DLC in a couple weeks, who knows :D

That's good to know. Always loved the idea of Nascar, bit of a shame it isn't yet, but if it's coming, it's something to look forward to! :)

Pinna
07-05-2015, 23:11
Overtaking Notifications

The spotter is discussed internally, but it's not decided yet. It's already on the WMD Members wishlist :)

Larger Grid Size Online

There are some experimental Dedicated Servers available for PC. They work like rebroadcasters so that the data has not to go peer2peer.
At the moment there are possible 32 drivers. You can add the parameter "-autods" in Steam's game properties.

NOTE: these servers are experimental and not final

Formation Lap

Already on the WMD Members wishlist :) More info to come

Manual Pit Control

Oval Track? Indy 500?

Indy Cars and Oval Tracks are planned - more info to come :)

-----

For the rest I'm not sure myself, have to do some research on the WMD forums :)

ThreeAngryOwls
07-05-2015, 23:14
Overtaking Notifications

The spotter is discussed internally, but it's not decided yet. It's already on the WMD Members wishlist :)

Larger Grid Size Online

There are some experimental Dedicated Servers available for PC. They work like rebroadcasters so that the data has not to go peer2peer.
At the moment there are possible 32 drivers. You can add the parameter "-autods" in Steam's game properties.

NOTE: these servers are experimental and not final

Formation Lap

Manual Pit Control

Oval Track? Indy 500?

Indy Cars and Oval Tracks are planned - more info to come :)

-----

For the rest I'm not sure myself, have to do some research on the WMD forums :)

I can imagine larger grid sizes for PC, although I play on Xbox One myself. I understand there is limitations for this, but even if it was just a grid increase for AI in private matches, that would be welcome. It's good to know these features are also discussed, would it be possible to provide a link to this wishlist? :)

Pinna
07-05-2015, 23:22
For the Wishlist - here it is :) - But you won't be able to read it without WMD Membership ;)

Link to Wishlist (http://forum.wmdportal.com/showthread.php?6579-Multiplayer-Mode-your-ideas-suggestions)

Joethe147
07-05-2015, 23:52
A free camera for Photo Mode would be fantastic. At the moment, even with a number of different cameras, it's quite restrictive. I love photo modes in car games.

ThreeAngryOwls
08-05-2015, 09:56
That would be nice actually. Would also be nice to see something in-game to support community photographers and such. :)

DRiVEandRiDE TV
08-05-2015, 10:04
That possible bug that was mentioned about the fuel running out during a qualifying session, my engine blew in one of the karting races last night, and the same thing sort of happened. A countdown timer seemed to appear, but then vanished very quickly. It looked like a big number five. I waited and waited, watched all of the cars overtake me, and nothing happened. I just sat in the gravel watching the engine smoke. I eventually skipped to the end of the session, but that resulted in my team thinking that I had just thrown in the towel, rather than it being registered as a mechanical failure. Even the social media people on the dashboard were saying my performance was bad. Ha! It didn't bother me, but just letting you know that this has happened to me too. I think the game glitched, not registering my breakdown when it should have done. I was on course to setting a great lap-time as well! ;)

ThreeAngryOwls
08-05-2015, 10:19
That possible bug that was mentioned about the fuel running out during a qualifying session, my engine blew in one of the karting races last night, and the same thing sort of happened. A countdown timer seemed to appear, but then vanished very quickly. It looked like a big number five. I waited and waited, watched all of the cars overtake me, and nothing happened. I just sat in the gravel watching the engine smoke. I eventually skipped to the end of the session, but that resulted in my team thinking that I had just thrown in the towel, rather than it being registered as a mechanical failure. Even the social media people on the dashboard were saying my performance was bad. Ha! It didn't bother me, but just letting you know that this has happened to me too. I think the game glitched, not registering my breakdown when it should have done. I was on course to setting a great lap-time as well! ;)

Hmm, odd. My issue was mainly tied to multiplayer, but if it's also happening in single player, I'm assuming it's nothing to do with connections then. :I

pkazasidis
08-05-2015, 11:30
A 2 player option !!!!!! I want to be able to play with my friends in a split screen in the same room !!
Option for deferent camera angle at the pits and crew around the car. Not just stop & go after some seconds. Also a pit stop timing.

A bug : At the pits during a race when they release you the car is passing through the man in front of the car..

ThreeAngryOwls
08-05-2015, 12:06
Ghost cars, ah, forgot that one!

surridge1990
08-05-2015, 12:11
Would love to a championship editor for SP and maybe even a CO-OP online season editor aswell,

Must have the ability to choose;

Circuits Visited
Number of Races at each venue
Session lengths
Number of sessions
Vehicles

Would also be nice if we could customise the points scoring systems and have a grid editor for running reverse grid races etc.

These may be in the game but ive not come across any as of yet but timed races, most meetings i visit at Brands Hatch run timed races rather than laps or timed + laps,

For example a few weeks ago the 750 Motor Club were at Brands, all of their races i believe were 13 Minutes + 1 Lap

PowderGuy
08-05-2015, 12:15
More Japanese Cars, DLC lower price as possible XD

How about added a fantasy or real Asian Style street Circuit ?

ThreeAngryOwls
08-05-2015, 12:21
In terms of DLC pricing, I personally would rather pay than receive free DLC, purely because I would want to support the company and help them develop new content.

danowat
08-05-2015, 12:24
Ghost cars, ah, forgot that one!

They are all ghost cars on the PS4 version!!!

Badoom-tish.......

PowderGuy
08-05-2015, 12:26
In terms of DLC pricing, I personally would rather pay than receive free DLC, purely because I would want to support the company and help them develop new content.

But that was the huge problem.... Namco Bandai was an infamous Game Publisher on DLC selling in Asia even Japan...

ThreeAngryOwls
08-05-2015, 12:30
But that was the huge problem.... Namco Bandai was an infamous Game Publisher on DLC selling in Asia even Japan...

Don't know much about that myself.

Luigi408
08-05-2015, 13:52
The graphics are great but there are a lot of glitches here and there that distract you and pull you away from the game. One of my gripes is the smoke graphics. Tire smoke. It's pretty terrible. Looks worse than on an Xbox 360 old racing games. This is with all setting High/Ultra on PC. Another one is the water on California tracks. Looks terrible. I've read they will be adding animation to the pits stops so that's good. Needs more particle effects too for crashes and things like that (flaking off paint/parts and small detail like that). That's all that it bugs me for now. I'll probably catch more stuff later but these graphical things are what caught my attention right way. Either way, thanks for making a fantastic game.

Barna88
08-05-2015, 15:54
Great game, I've already started a career from Touring and really look forward to climb my way up through GT and to Endurance. But I could really use an option to save game during a race because I hardly have even 3 hours to play at once. It was one feature that made me love GTR2 so much.

RSfordy
08-05-2015, 16:00
great game im loving at the min a lot more fun than ..iracing /AC ....I do like them very much tho ...only thing I needs in this game is the option to sort out the triple monitor display the left and right screen just are not correct they seem streched tooo much ...do you guys know if that's on the list of fixes

other than that im loving it

sVig
08-05-2015, 16:16
Great game, really happy with it so far. Just a couple of things though...

Unit measurements. We can choose Imperial or Metric. That's fine, but, if you want MPH you have to choose Imperial. Only trouble with that is that tyre pressure is then in BAR. I need PSI not BAR. MPH & PSI. I really thought we were going to be more catered for on the unit measurement selection front :(

Also, photomode. It's alright. It's functional. It's there. And the filters are nice. It lacks options and usability though. Could really do with the ability to move the camera around freely instead of being locked to the car. Also, needs a shutter speed function. And aperture. And preferably a focus here button. I have to say that Driveclub and Forza have a better photomode where usability and functions are concerned. Also need to be able to use it in replays.

But yeah, that's actually all at this moment in time. Finding the PS4 version great.

Snerk
08-05-2015, 18:02
Hi there! Love the game so far, but there is one thing that really bugs me out. The sound. There is some elements in the sound who would just love some adding. Its the one thing missing for the best experience. Growling of the engine in the sub so people with subwoofers or a heptic feedback sub can feel the bass, maybe an slider so there is an option for those who have neighbors. And reverb, idk if that would be an major thing to add, but it would have been such a major experience enhancer. Now its kinda flat and dry, even tho the screaming of the engine is great.

Yorkyboy72
08-05-2015, 21:30
+1 for the options to be more accessible. If you want to change the FOV, you have to come right out.

aussiejeff
08-05-2015, 23:02
Hi,

As the majority of early posters have already commented, loving most aspects of the game so far (having got my wheel settings & FFB etc roughly right) - the physics for me feels GREAT compared to RF2, IRacing, old GTR2 etc. Having a blast turning hot laps at Bathurst in a small selection of cars :-).

However, there are a couple of UI things I would like to suggest (if they aren't already lurking deep in the sub menus somewhere) -

(a) an option to display ALL your track/car fastest lap times on a single summary page.
(b) a further option on each individual track page to show ALL your best lap times set for EVERY car you have driven on it.

AFAIK the only way you can currently see your fastest lap times per track is to painstakingly (1) select each track variant in turn, (2) then select each car type in turn.

Surely it would be a great option to be able to quickly see a personal overview/summary of all the tracks/variants you have set times for and what particular car set that fastest time - all from the convenience of a single screen page?

Perhaps the suggested best laps summary option could be included within the existing "Leaderboards" section, titled "Personal Best Laps Summary" or some such, ie:

TRACK / VARIANT - FASTEST LAP - CAR
Bathurst - 3:04:55 - Lotus Super 7
Brands Hatch GP - n:nn:nn - Escort RS 500 Group A

The second additional option - to show ALL your best lap times for ALL the cars you have driven at EACH track - could remain within the existing UI design for each track variant which AFAIK currently only shows a single car with one best lap? eg: you set a fastest lap with Focus RS at Bathurst & it displays that. However, go again and set fastest lap with Escort RS 500 and THAT car time is the only one that is displayed for Bathurst circuit page. To find your slower car/class times per circuit variant, you have to painstakingly search for each individual car in turn from the drop-down list. So, wouldn't it be far quicker & user-friendly to display ALL your personal best times / per car / per track variant - on the one summary page in this instance? The data is already there. It is just (for me) a very, very clumsy way to review it atm.

Anyhoo, the basics are awesome - looking forward to further developments! :friendly_wink:

Cheers...

aussiejeff
09-05-2015, 02:33
Oh, & can we get this thread made into an official sticky please?

It's already being swamped by the tidal wave of new threads & I would have thought an official "Suggestions" thread would be prudent? :rolleyes:

Joethe147
09-05-2015, 02:34
I agree with sticky request. Surprised there isn't one for suggestions.

theredshore
09-05-2015, 04:25
i love this game imo its an amazing game but i would like to see flags next to the AI drivers instead of the faceless avatar they have now, i know stupid thing to want but for me it adds more personality to the drivers and makes them more noticeable instead of just faceless name tags

theredshore
09-05-2015, 05:07
also i wish when you were offered a contract you got much more information about it, like in Toca when you got offered a contract your team talked about what they expected of you and other stuff while they really dont give enough information when accepting a contract another thing i wish your pit guy and your own uniform would adjust to what team you are in, the pit guy looks like he works for the Ferrari F1 team no matter what team you are racing for and during go karting my driver would change his uniform and helmet every race no matter what colours my team had, just my opinion and again its not major

TheGhost
09-05-2015, 06:01
Maby add a demo so people can, you know, not spend their money and then not like the game?

andrewz
09-05-2015, 13:39
Here may be found my humble suggestions:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?21846-PLEASE-READ-How-to-report-issues&p=884822&viewfull=1#post884822

(The thread had its title changed after I posted a message there. That's why it may appear off-topic.)

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22315-Known-Issues-Collective-Thread-%28PC%29-Not-for-bug-reporting!&p=889935&viewfull=1#post889935

(My reports are somewhere between suggestions and bug reports.)

I would higly appreciate if someone from WMD provides me comments on these. Thanks.

Fanapryde
09-05-2015, 13:51
Never mind, found out what was going wrong, my bad ... :grey:

YDS55
09-05-2015, 14:39
I would love to see you can choose which classes race in multi class races. I want LMP1, LMP2 and GT's in one race on Spa or Le Mans :frown-new:

Lgic
09-05-2015, 14:42
I was an hr in doing a 2hr race and the game just crashed, i have the digital edition on PS4

DoodlesSWE
09-05-2015, 15:44
I would love to have the option of Real Local Time to go with Real Weather :)

Rozza91
09-05-2015, 15:51
Would love to see wrc rally events

FFOman
09-05-2015, 16:24
I can easily do without Nascar and oval tracks. I guess I never considered it real racing. More like an excercise in futility! <g> As for your other suggestions, I'm in agreement. However I believe a lot of out questions could be answered by the writing of a real and good manual. The digital manual online is practically worthless because it provides only obvious information. Must have been written by an illiterate for illiterates!

One other point/question: I'm unable to use pedals or a shifter without an auto-clutch. I hate console type controllers where one has to steer with a thumb too, so I've been racing for many years using a Joystick or HOTAS like those I use for flight sims. There was no obvious setup for joysticks, but luckily I was able to connect and set up my Thrustmaster M.16000T under the keyboard and mouse control editing. But Project CARS really needs and deserves a primary setup editor for joysticks because believe me when I tell you, I'm not the only one using them! Also, I've been considering the purchase of a good racing wheel, but can only use one IF it has rear paddles on the wheel that can be configured for gas and brake AND it will accept auto transmissions. Where I live there's not a single wheel I can actually look at within 100 miles, and my queries to various companies that make then have gone unanswered. Does anyone know of a wheel I can use on my PC that can be configured the way I want it? Any help would be greatly appreaciated!

Martin03
09-05-2015, 18:27
Just a small quastion to the devs. In career mode is it possible in a update to increase the practice time in Formula A? Or maybe add a practice 2 session? I mean now it is 30minutes that for alot of people is enough ofc, somepeople dont even use practice. But I think it would be good to have the choose of longer practice like Endurance series that have 1hour practice.

mister dog
09-05-2015, 18:51
Oh, & can we get this thread made into an official sticky please?

It's already being swamped by the tidal wave of new threads & I would have thought an official "Suggestions" thread would be prudent? :rolleyes:

My thoughts exactly, this thread needs to be sticked.

As for my suggestions so far:

- Make multiclass racing true multiclass, GT should be included with LMP1 and LMP2.
- Possibility to chose time scaled races up to a full blown 24hrs (not max 250 laps).
- Mid race save feature (during pitstops?)
- Ability to find friends on leaderboard
- Ability to change livery in quick car selection

ThreeAngryOwls
09-05-2015, 19:00
Just a small quastion to the devs. In career mode is it possible in a update to increase the practice time in Formula A? Or maybe add a practice 2 session? I mean now it is 30minutes that for alot of people is enough ofc, somepeople dont even use practice. But I think it would be good to have the choose of longer practice like Endurance series that have 1hour practice.

What I'll do, is later tonight, go through every single post, read them all and add common suggests to the original post. I'll try to keep it updated and hopefully we can have a single thread for suggestions, where common requests are displayed in the original thread.

I think the main thing to realize however is that the developers are currently working on fixing bugs and performance issues, and rightfully so. Having said that, I assume it would be useful to them to have common suggestions in a single place for easier access. :)

menaceuk
09-05-2015, 19:01
Question: Can the telemetry not be used in a replay? It is extremely hard to race and gather data at the same time.

THOMAS13MARTIN
09-05-2015, 19:11
An option to create your own championship and choose cars, liveries, etc would be fantastic

SkreeDK
09-05-2015, 19:12
Love this game!!

A few wishes though:

- We need a proper online-profile, with stats, friends etc.
- The ability to make racing-teams, with logo, stats and the possibility to either enter a race with multiple team-members, or to switch drivers while pitting
- Secondary control assignments. I'd like to be able to use both the paddle shifts on my G25 aswell as the sequential gearbox option on the shifter.

Also, is something wrong with the shifter in the Caterhams? I can't seem to shift down 2 gears at a time ..

PetMarmoset
09-05-2015, 19:47
great game im loving at the min a lot more fun than ..iracing /AC ....I do like them very much tho ...only thing I needs in this game is the option to sort out the triple monitor display the left and right screen just are not correct they seem streched tooo much ...do you guys know if that's on the list of fixes

other than that im loving it

+1.

The game does not render the three screens separately like Assetto Corsa/iRacing. This is what makes the left and right screens appear stretched. There needs to be multi-camera rendering and settings to adjust for monitor size, angle, and distance from user. This is a fairly standard feature in racing/flying sims and I'm a little surprised it wasn't implemented here.

Raven403
09-05-2015, 19:57
I would like more weather info during a race From the race engineer. I.e How long it's expected to rain for, whether or not I should pit for wets or tough it out. Also full animated pit crews would be nice. Full course yellows with a safety car would also be very sweet.

theredshore
09-05-2015, 20:05
I would like more weather info during a race From the race engineer. I.e How long it's expected to rain for, whether or not I should pit for wets or tough it out. Also full animated pit crews would be nice. Full course yellows with a safety car would also be very sweet.
agreed with all this but i heard full animated pit crews are in the next update which i am happy with

GamingCanuck
09-05-2015, 20:06
It may have been suggested, but if not:

We really need a way to select the type of cars in a multiclass race offline and be able to choose laps or time. It may be in the game already, it seems like something that should be there, but I haven't been able to find the option.

Martin03
09-05-2015, 21:46
This game really needs a patch soon to make single player playable, and I say single player since I have not played online enough to say to much about that yet... Some bugs that needs to be fixed pretty soon:

AI not affected by tire temp
AI not affected by fuel weight
AI not affected in dynamic weather from dry to wet, they just continue without to pit with the same laptimes many laps after you had to pit
AI too aggresive. I mean AI in general are good I have some great battles and all with them. But if they get off track then its just full speed towards the racing line again with there eyes closed. So if you are on the racing line then you are f****...
AI cutting ALOT of cornes, and make alot of overtakes on the grass when they cut the corner.

Those have to be fixed fast, it almost make this game feel like beta version. Don't get me wrong, I really like this game and if/when they fix the problems I think this is the racing game of the year, maybe even game of the year...

ThreeAngryOwls
10-05-2015, 00:20
Just finished updating the original thread. Took a while to read through every comment but hopefully you guys will support this and help submit and vote for your favourite features you'd like to see in-game. :)

Happy racing!

yusupov
10-05-2015, 00:26
This game really needs a patch soon to make single player playable, and I say single player since I have not played online enough to say to much about that yet... Some bugs that needs to be fixed pretty soon:

AI not affected by tire temp
AI not affected by fuel weight
AI not affected in dynamic weather from dry to wet, they just continue without to pit with the same laptimes many laps after you had to pit
AI too aggresive. I mean AI in general are good I have some great battles and all with them. But if they get off track then its just full speed towards the racing line again with there eyes closed. So if you are on the racing line then you are f****...
AI cutting ALOT of cornes, and make alot of overtakes on the grass when they cut the corner.

Those have to be fixed fast, it almost make this game feel like beta version. Don't get me wrong, I really like this game and if/when they fix the problems I think this is the racing game of the year, maybe even game of the year...

they aren't too aggressive is the thing. they are inconsistent. im not sure of hte pattern yet. sometimes i have seen them move out of my way. as a general rule ive f ound if trying to pass, i can have the line to the apex & they drive as if im not even there (doesnt end well). basically getting side-by-side with them is very, very dangerous & unpredictable; i have to wonder if this is something that held back the oval content.

Martin03
10-05-2015, 00:33
they aren't too aggressive is the thing. they are inconsistent. im not sure of hte pattern yet. sometimes i have seen them move out of my way. as a general rule ive f ound if trying to pass, i can have the line to the apex & they drive as if im not even there (doesnt end well). basically getting side-by-side with them is very, very dangerous & unpredictable; i have to wonder if this is something that held back the oval content.

yeah I acctually came here to change it after testing some more. Had 2 of the most amazing races ever against AI...So much fighting, so much overtaking but NO contact between the cars, we were even 3cars side by side without any contact. That was att Imola on career mode in the Caterham LMP3 car. And in the 2nd race I was behind a AI driver that I was much faster, but I could not pass him, his car had better accelration and he was driving defensive in the corners so when they fix the problems this game will be so good...

So they are amazing in generall I think. But att some tracks and classes they are more unpredictable, and you really have to find youre right AI setting. If I change it by 3% then everything changes, suddently they cut corners to much, crash me out etc...

Backmarker
10-05-2015, 01:03
good game! wtg WMD!

pardon me if this are in-game and I cannot find them...
:p

1. Save more than one setup for one car at one track(practice setup, quali setup, race setup, etc?)
2. More sound options (? opponent car volume control, tire noise volume control, road noise volume control, etc.)
3. multiclass racing (in race setup! Thanks, yusupov!)
3a. ability to chose cars and how many of each car in the race for multiclass races(?)
4. improve the realism of car handling and overall physics
5. improve AI
5a. Separate option settings for AI strength and AI Aggression.
6. more robust and extensive camera modes in instant replay and replay
7. option to extend instant replay beyond 2 minutes(?)
8. Remove the abrupt ending of races. Allow player to continue driving car until he wants to exit to Race Control screen

yusupov
10-05-2015, 01:09
not sure how it works as i havent done it yet but 3) is in the race setup, you have identical, same class, & multi-class

Martin03
10-05-2015, 01:29
What about having possibility to choose youre helmet on career mode? Specially for Open Wheel racing ofc that would be good, to have youre helmet(with custom desing option from mods hoppefully...)instead of using a differant helmet each car you drive like its now.

Gimpymoo
10-05-2015, 02:52
Can you not just ask a mod to add a pole the thread with the options you want?

Limit to one vote per person so they choose their most desired feature.

Joethe147
10-05-2015, 03:57
Race Engineer - Improve the race engineer. Have him able to inform on tyre temperatures, any potential change that may be coming in weather, gaps to cars in front and/or behind, comment on laps you'vedone in qualifyind and race (something like "That's a new fastest lap", "That's the quickest lap you've done so far" etc. I know there's a message already on-screen. Turn everything from the HUD off and have a race. Now think of things you're missing which an engineer could fill you in on.

Great topic, ThreeAngryOwls. I'm sure I'll be in here again to add more suggestions!

Juho Turunen
10-05-2015, 05:46
Detail:

McLaren P1 rear spoiler movement!

theredshore
10-05-2015, 07:21
i would love to see racing facts during loading screens, it would make it feel more like a racing game but i dont know how easy or difficult that is to do and really is a minor thing or maybe a short description of the circuit or tips about the circuit or the series you are racing in

for the circuit i would enjoy a description similar to those in formula one 97 where Murray Walker talks about the circuit set up and how teams would want to set up the cars, key overtaking places, the history on the circuit, i might be asking a bit much or way too much and i dont actually expect you to get Murray Walker but to me the only thing the game is missing is feeling like a racing game like the old Toca games(the race driver games on the playstation 2 not the early toca games on the playstation though they were a lot of fun too) did and i thing being able to immerse myself in the racing world would help

maybe just your pet engineer talking about what you should expect from the circuit you are about to race on and what is expected weather wise

sorry i have ridiculous idea's

RacingBerzerker
10-05-2015, 07:27
Oval racing, hopefully it will be added soon. Can't believe a racing game launched without at least one oval yet has a highway that you can drive.

Absolex
10-05-2015, 08:06
First of, apologises if these have been mentioned before.
Secondly, very impressive game so far - sure handling takes time to get used to for each car per track (simply because it feels real, not because it doesn't work, in fact the opposite) and scenery could look better but great game either way.

Ability to review best lap times and sector times for that race whilst driving, spectating and in lobby afterwards. I mean for a "hardcore" racer it would be nice to compare with other racers to see where they're beating you in real time.

Multiplayer is awesome, but it lacks a sense of achievement, "so I came first, now what? " - I understand stats are recorded and set for others to see, but some kind of leveling system or ability to unlock items would be great.

It would also be a nice feature to spectate others when you've finished a race rather than watching a computer guided version of your own car, or spend that time reviewing sector times, etc as much mentioned above.

Last thing, ability to choose paint job before a race rather than being set a random choice, some people will have a favourite style I'm sure and actually depending which camera angle you use, paint jobs do make a difference in some instances being "easier" to see the dimensions of the car.

peevee88
10-05-2015, 09:16
I second anyone who has said:
1. Save more than one (make that numerous) setups for each car
2. Manual pit stop option

theredshore
10-05-2015, 09:24
you can exit seasons but not invitational championships, that is a joke, i am in 2 of those garbage events and i want the hell out but i cant unless i want to get out of the season, that is stupid beyond words

BulletEyeDK
10-05-2015, 09:32
Hi...

Im really missing these features

- possibility to see each drivers best lap times in an ended MP race - while racing this is possible, but not after the race ends.
- possibility to get race information (qual/race) send to mail as pure text.
- possibility to switch cars in replay
- possibility to view/compare network profile of other players/friends

ThreeAngryOwls
10-05-2015, 09:41
Can you not just ask a mod to add a pole the thread with the options you want?

Limit to one vote per person so they choose their most desired feature.

I could, although that would put a lot of work on the moderators that I'm sure, at the moment, they could do without. In addition to this, it would mean updating the poll each time new suggestions are offered. It's perhaps more efficient to do it this way.

Johnny_91
10-05-2015, 10:00
-After the race you should drive back into the parc fermè, or to your pit.

-to be able to drive yourself to the pit. It really kills the immersion, when "someone" have the control over your car.

-When the race starts, it would be great to have a outlap from the pit, then drive to your gridposition and have a manually recon lap + flying start.

-If you drive alone in a testing/training session, it would be great to see no spectators, cranes, tents and trucks/cars in the paddock and at the sidetrack. In reallife, when a team attempts to a test, there are no 1000 + spectators just to watch you, and also there are no TV-Cranes just for you. A little detail, but very important for me.

ThreeAngryOwls
10-05-2015, 10:06
Updated the original post with current ratings and suggestions. I'll continue to keep it updated as best I can. :)

Keep them coming guys!

Doctor Doom
10-05-2015, 10:08
Is it possible for them to add a pit crew? Another feature would be a in game HUD of all the racers and their current best lap and or total time.

Pavletto
10-05-2015, 10:10
+Add REALISTIC car damages and animations for blowing engine...etc.

Pete_Repeat
10-05-2015, 10:16
Another vote for a spotter even in road races for awareness of what is around (mirrors or lack of in car make many blind spots).

On the Community seasons to have friends more likely to be in your race would be good.

Voice chat in game to pc. Teamspeak and others similar don't work to speak to others in the race, only to friends.

ThreeAngryOwls
10-05-2015, 10:25
Updated. :)

steve moore
10-05-2015, 10:43
100% agree

Firefox02
10-05-2015, 10:46
on PS4
A "mute all button"
so I don't have to manually mute every people in multiplayer sessions everytime I play :-)

Ripgroove
10-05-2015, 10:53
I'd really like to see track maps on the R/H side of this window:

And the same for car specs on this window:

I know they are available if you click "Browse Location List" or "View Info" respectively but it would help speed things up if the info was already there as you're scrolling through cars and tracks :-)

wilf
10-05-2015, 10:55
For me, the main improvements so far would be (and I think they've all already been mentioned):

1) Custom championships where the user can pick the number of races per season, which tracks, cars, weather, race distances, etc, to be used. Mainly for single player but I guess multi-player too. Was really disappointed to discover that this option isn't already in.

2) Option for much greater damage, mainly around cars' performance being hindered (especially AI cars). I'm less worried about the visual side (particularly if one of the reason for the weak damage modelling is that manufacturers object). In real-life motor sport, it doesn't take much contact for a car's performance to be severely hampered but in this game, AI cars go smashing into barriers or ram into one another and me and then just carry on with no discernable performance issues at all. I don't think I've had a single race yet where every AI car didn't finish and all their cars in perfect driving order, despite their multiple heavy smashes, usually into me.

3) In addition to above, the game needs punctures (and this should affect the AI cars, not just human-driven cars!!!!)

4) Replays that allow user to switch between cars.

5) AI traction when off-track - I'm a bit suspicious about how the AI spend a lot of time running wide or cutting corners on the grass and dirt yet often seem to find at least as good traction off it as I do on the tarmac. Maybe I'm paranoid.

Ripgroove
10-05-2015, 10:58
Also having turn numbers indicated on the in game track map would be cool, so you when discussing methods with mates you could be all like "I'm having real trouble with Turn 5 " etc A bit like this:

FYI, I do actually have real trouble with turn 5 here lol

Megalomanic87
10-05-2015, 11:09
All fantastic suggestions so far, haven't read all posts (sorry!) but here's a few i'd like to see;

Braking only for race lines!
Easier options for picking car liveries (rather than having to go into garage etc)
A straight KICK option for lobby hosts (players who have joined can still vote but the host can boot players immediately)
Searching for multiplayer lobbies which have either started a new session (joinable) or are waiting to start.
Rather than laps becoming invalidated by running wide, how about a penalty timer for being off track? (Deducts X amount of seconds from lap time)

These alone would be huge!

Willbert07
10-05-2015, 11:15
I'd like the option to have the "racing lines" visible on corners only. Mainly for when I am trying to learn a new track in practice. As such, I would also like the option to turn it back off for qualifying and race without having to exit the entire session and return to the options menu.

Custom Championships would be ideal. This would be all i would play apart from online :D

Some better options for searching for online races.

Seubi42
10-05-2015, 11:38
Did you ever put in the list the possibility to set a Quick race weekend duration in Time and ont necessary in Laps?
It really miss if you want to play with endurance cars to simulate 6h of spa, 24h du mans etc...
And i think it is easy to add because it existe in carrer mode :)

Rob Prange
10-05-2015, 12:17
Moved to the new Feature Suggestions forum.

d0x
10-05-2015, 12:57
My suggestions...

1- fix the abysmal performance on AMD GPUs. When I can run alien isolation at 4k 120fps or crysis 3 maxed out at 100fps I should have zero issues with this game which looks nice but not mind blowing.

2- fix settings for controllers. Cars feel wrong, way too twitchy etc

3-why does the game need to be rebooted when you change a visual setting? At the very least make it so we only see all those unskippable intro screens on first boot, why do I need to sit through it every time?

wilf
10-05-2015, 13:10
One I forgot to meantion earlier regarding audio - it would be good to have independent audio settings for the user's car engine noise and those of the other cars. Too often I can't hear my own engine tone because the other engines drown it out.

surridge1990
10-05-2015, 13:10
This is kind of a bug but could also be seen as a suggestion,

Pit stop races; I was just running a GT4 feature race with pit stops, I was leading and coming up to lap the AI, as I entered the pitlane on the penultimate lap an AI car parked in my pit box, therefore I was unable to stop, drove straight through the pitlane under AI control and then got disqualified for not making a stop.

Suggestion:

A.) Give each car its own pitbox

B.) Allow the AI cars to que for pitbox's (At the players discretion)

C.) Allow full manual pitlane control so the player can decide as it happens whether or not to que up for a pit space.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Another suggestion would be timed races,

Pretty much an essential part of GT and Endurance racing but its not limited to just those disciplines.

I would like to see the following added:

Timed Races - Pretty self explanatory

Time + Laps - For example, 15 minutes + 1 lap

Distance or Time - For example, 1000km or 6 Hours, whichever comes first.

RetroNooB
10-05-2015, 13:29
Small detail, (but will add to realism effect) Doninton Park is sittuated close to East Midlands Airport, with Dunlop straight being under the direct flightpath to inbound runway, in my experience seeing a 747 coming in very low over the circuit is part of its character, would it be possible to add this animation???

techAU
10-05-2015, 14:21
Definitely more Japanese cars, as well as a drift mode.

FS7
10-05-2015, 14:25
I'd like to see the Nurburgring 24hr layout. Nordschleife & GP layouts are already in the game, it would make sense to have the combined 24hr layout as well.

mkstatto
10-05-2015, 15:02
Would love if the game was tweaked so you can adjust the next sessions length and Ai difficulty either at the track (i.e. when the track has loaded up) or at the end of the session. Its wasting time (and sometimes I forget) to exit adjust these options for the different sessions.

Also progressive rubber build up across a race weekend, if that's not already in.

Save replay button whilst in replay.

BTCC & WTCC

Better career mode, doesn't feel that your really achieving anything.

Full pitlane control as it ruins the immersion.

Car number that you pick actually works.

What other people are doing time wise.

Scalable HUD options, i'm thinking like the Trackplugin for Rfactor2.

Helmet designer/picker or at least the same helmet stays the whole way through. (Even though signing for the formula rookie Brazilian team (name escapes me) I have noticed a few Rubinho helmets!!)

Jescott71
10-05-2015, 15:09
I agree with previous comments about being able to choose what cars are used in a multi-class race. Seeing the 1990's Sauber and the Caterham prototypes race against the Audi R18 LMP1, Oreca 03 LMP2 and all the other modern day Le Mans / WEC cars in the game just isn't right to me, you'd never see these cars on track together in real life. I'm guessing being able to race LMP cars against GT cars will come in this supposed Le Mans update?

Rozza91
10-05-2015, 15:15
Weaving for tyre heat on formation laps like f1 everywhere I've read say they have drive carefully round a lap or 3 just to heat tyres

mkstatto
10-05-2015, 15:28
I forgot a big one for me,I haven't got up to FA yet so haven't tested. Three stage knock-out qualifying

ThreeAngryOwls
10-05-2015, 16:03
Phew! Updated all those suggestions and votes. Keep em' coming! :)

Lawndarts
10-05-2015, 16:24
More personalization and viewable in online events:
The number you select to appear on your car (as mentioned above)
Your name and nationality added to the car and or windscreen (sorry early donors)

Mod support:
This could be a way for the community to make enhancements that the dev team can vote to put in Offical releases. Or steam workshop support. Race formats, AI brains, race rules, and other attribute driven systems.

Bring back the original garage so it feels more like your car, turn all setting on max so the cars don't look like toys like they do now.

The track select and car select screens seem flipped. You want to show the nicer scrolling images before going to a boring list. Yes it's less efficient but it's a much better presentation.

When select a track you should be able to see the layouts for the track and select accordingly.

Add a training mode to support the sections of the Nurburgring and wrap it up in a bmw academy or something more fun and personalized learning.

menaceuk
10-05-2015, 16:51
Rally Cross - I would love this to be added as an expansion pack. It is a fantastic Motorsport.

gizziegod
10-05-2015, 17:02
Multi-Class Races
Easier Access to Liveries
Easier Access to Options and Assists
Friend Leaderboards
Braking Only Racing Line
View Track Map when Selecting Circuits
View Car Stats when Selecting Car
Timed Races
Additional Support for Assigning Buttons on this the option to run a second controller and map that for the additional button we dont have room for.

+1 all of the above

oscar redeye
10-05-2015, 17:02
not to go straight to race after the loading pause would be my main gripe,a pre- race menu is badly needed imo,apart from that, i love it!!

tonaz
10-05-2015, 17:40
I would like to setup position and fov for the helmet camera in a better, more free, way.
And the ability to save the position. now you can adjust it but you have to do in every race start.
if i can do this, the game is absolutely perfect imo.

Rob Stewart
10-05-2015, 17:49
Manual control in pits is an absolute must for me. Nothing breaks my immersion more than the AI taking over my car in the pitlane. Hate it.

Loving Project Cars though, just started today, the developers and community have done a great job. Keep it up.

rufuskbk
10-05-2015, 17:56
Co-op career mode for sure! That sounds like so much fun!

ProjectWHaT
10-05-2015, 18:13
We should be able to have more than one custom livery per car on PC. There's so many amazing community liveries and I want to use as many as possible without deleting/moving liveries out of the folder.

eispfogel
10-05-2015, 19:44
It would be nice to have a head motion feature like "real headmotion" which is available for GTR2, rFactor and Assetto Corsa(and many more).
The default helmet cam look to apex option is independent of steering - it looks automatially in the turning direction which is rather distracting and induces(for me at least) motion sickness.
I disabled that feature for now.

Could you make it so, that the head motion is linked to the steering wheel? Of course we need options for how many degrees the head shall move and how damped this shall be(you dont want to turn the head when slightly steering)

Serverbrowser:
Save favourites(since dedicated servers are possible this would be a nice feature)
add wildcard to the search. e.g. i don't want to type in names like "malzbierbude1" it should suffice to type in "bier" to show me all servers containing the word "bier".
show more then 50 servers - you probably did this because refreshing would take too long when showing more servers - but still either we need a favourite/better search option or show more servers, so that we have a chance to select the desired server.
option to search for dedicated or peer2peer servers

Thank you for your attention! ;)

GamingCanuck
10-05-2015, 20:33
I didn't realize multi-class racing online wasn't an option, that needs to be added.

Johnny_91
10-05-2015, 20:44
Would be great to see a bigger gridsize up to 70 - 80 cars. When you look at the 2013 Blancpain Endurance Series at Monza, there where 60 cars (GT3) on the track. Also this would be great for Multiclass races.

Pete_Repeat
10-05-2015, 20:49
The previous voice chat I suggested was for PC only. It appears consoles already have this feature. Not sure why it wasn't included for the pc and text chat was favoured.

Pete_Repeat
10-05-2015, 22:45
The option in the community seasons to nominate you are against "default setup" or "user setup" racers.

I have no interest in changing the setup for hours on end for each track, and only came to race and would like to think the people in front are there just because they are better drivers. It was one thing I didn't like in iracing and I downloaded good setup and made fine tweaks (rather than spend hours for each track) but that had some no setup events so it made up for it.

Project cars seems to have enough members to allow each season to be split in half so one lot for default setup and others for modified.

AP200
11-05-2015, 01:36
Top 5

Switch Cameras
Safety Car
Nurburg 24 (I can't imagine it would take that much work to implement)
Create a Championship
Manual Return to pits (I would love to take a victory lap to celebrate/light my wheels up after a solid win now and then)

Daniel Westlake
11-05-2015, 03:58
+1 for the easier access to liveries.

A new one: Changes made to the HUD layout should stay saved. It'd be nice not to have to pause the game and change the HUD around to how I like it each time I start.

hkraft300
11-05-2015, 05:58
+1 Multi-Class Races (Ratings: 8)
+1 Allow us to Create Championships (Ratings: 7)
+1 Friend Leaderboards (Ratings: 3)
+1 Obtain More Information from the Engineer (Ratings: 3)
+1 Spotter (Ratings: 3) - I prefer a visual "blind spot indicator" the iRacing radio spotter is annoying.
- 1 Unit Measurements (Ratings: 2) - This already exists! In gameplay options I think, near the bottom.
+1 Improve the Smoke Graphic Effects (Ratings: 2) - Everything else looks stunning but the tire smoke effect is below par.
+1 Display Corner Numbers on Track Map (Ratings: 2) - Good idea
+1 View Track Map when Selecting Circuits (Ratings: 2)
+1 Mute All (Ratings: 1) - A lot of people need to learn to MUTE THEIR MICS WHEN THEIR FAMILY MEMBERS/KIDS are yelling and screaming in the background.
+1 Kick Players (Ratings: 1) - Yes please
+1 Timed Races (Ratings: 1) - Because endurance racing.

Might I also suggest a garage option in time trial, like free practice?
And ABS/TC/SC indicators on the HUD.
More clearly defined time stamps to temporarily flash on the HUD, eg how many seconds ahead/behind is the next car. Maybe instead of the personal lap/sector time info when you're in a race.

Spanna
11-05-2015, 06:35
+1 friends leaderboards
+1 leaderboards for individual cars not class

mister dog
11-05-2015, 06:39
+1 Multi-Class Races (Ratings: 8)
+1 Allow us to Create Championships (Ratings: 7)
+1 Friend Leaderboards (Ratings: 3)
+1 Obtain More Information from the Engineer (Ratings: 3)
+1 Spotter (Ratings: 3) - I prefer a visual "blind spot indicator" the iRacing radio spotter is annoying.
- 1 Unit Measurements (Ratings: 2) - This already exists! In gameplay options I think, near the bottom.
+1 Improve the Smoke Graphic Effects (Ratings: 2) - Everything else looks stunning but the tire smoke effect is below par.
+1 Display Corner Numbers on Track Map (Ratings: 2) - Good idea
+1 View Track Map when Selecting Circuits (Ratings: 2)
+1 Mute All (Ratings: 1) - A lot of people need to learn to MUTE THEIR MICS WHEN THEIR FAMILY MEMBERS/KIDS are yelling and screaming in the background.
+1 Kick Players (Ratings: 1) - Yes please
+1 Timed Races (Ratings: 1) - Because endurance racing.

Might I also suggest a garage option in time trial, like free practice?
And ABS/TC/SC indicators on the HUD.
More clearly defined time stamps to temporarily flash on the HUD, eg how many seconds ahead/behind is the next car. Maybe instead of the personal lap/sector time info when you're in a race.

You forgot the mid race save feature :D
How else are those of us who have a social life going to do long endurance races?

NemethR
11-05-2015, 08:10
I totally agree with the following suggestions:

Multi-Class Races - This is a must, but then also add an option for the rolling start were the different categories start at different times. (See WEC, and United states Sportscar Championship)

Allow us to Create Championships - This would be a very important thing. I agree strongly.

Animated Pit-stops - They were in the early build, I don't know why they have been removed.

Safety Car - This would be superb. Also give the option to the host of a multiplayer session to call the safetycar.

Save Mid-Race - This would be a nice addition, as doing a 2 hour 40 minute race might be interrupted for some reasons, not to mention a 24 hour race

Formation Lap and Allow Players to Manually Return to Pits - Also allow to drive the car in the pits. Also a formation lap should be behind a Safety car.

Spotter - Either a voice, or a visual indication with arrows Yellow if the car is close to you, and red if the car is alongside.
For example the McLaren GT3 does not have a rear view mirror, and situational awarenes is very bad because of this.

24hr Nurburgring Layout - Totally a MUST HAVE. Also The old GP layout of the Silverstone track would be nice. As far as I know its still there.

Three Stage Qualifying - Would be nice.

View Track Map when Selecting Circuits - This would be very useful.

Empty Tracks during Practice - Would be nice it would add to the imersion factor.

BTCC and WTCC - Basicly modern Touring cars are missing, yet some licences for them have been acquired. (BMW, Audi, Ford, etc.)

--------

My suggestios would be:

Animated Marshalls - When in yellow flag zones, or when a Blue flag is shown, there should be marshalls who wave the flags.

Change the stars to a real starmap - Minor thing but PCars is not only about simulation, but also about beauty, the sunrise, and sunset are beautyful, fog, and all that is just fantastic, YET when in night races I look up to the stars, I just feel to be on some alien world. :(

Directional movement to the raindrops on the windscreen - Rain in PCars is very nice, but the raindrops are static on the windscreen.
When driving with 100+ km/h those are pushed by the wind, and this is not simulated in any way, and this is quite immersion breaking.
Also the windscreen wiper should not just make them disappear, but move them away. A game has done it pretty nicely Driveclub it is called I believe.
Something like that would be nice.

Racing Line in wet - Ok, I really like the puddles in the game, BUT I miss a racing line being drawn when it begins to dry. Maybe its just me, but I have not seen it in the game.

Historic Racing in Career - There are all those beautyful legendary historic cars in the game, why not make a Historic racing series with them in Career.
My suggestion would be: Start in tier 4 with the Historic Touring cars, Tier 5 could be Group A, Tier 6 Group 5, and Tier 7 the oldest Lotus F1 cars.

SN1P3R SK33T
11-05-2015, 08:21
I'd love to see what you guys could do with some rally cars and stages.

Also be cool to see a stunt career, like the short of shows they have at race weekends. I remember the Wheelie Truck when I was about ten at Brands Hatch.

don237
11-05-2015, 08:55
Directional movement to the raindrops on the windscreen - Rain in PCars is very nice, but the raindrops are static on the windscreen.
When driving with 100+ km/h those are pushed by the wind, and this is not simulated in any way, and this is quite immersion breaking.
Also the windscreen wiper should not just make them disappear, but move them away. A game has done it pretty nicely Driveclub it is called I believe.
Something like that would be nice.

Racing Line in wet - Ok, I really like the puddles in the game, BUT I miss a racing line being drawn when it begins to dry. Maybe its just me, but I have not seen it in the game.

I would love to see those 2.

fero
11-05-2015, 08:56
Great thread, ThreeAngryOwls! I agree with lot of people here. To make it easier for you, ThreeAngryOwls, I tried to use the keywords you used (if possible):

1. Allow us to Create Championships
My friends and I would like to play online championships too. It should have a point system, sure, with the possibility to stop and continue the championship on another day. It would be enough if the results are saved on the console of the host and you configure training times, weather conditions etc. just once for all tracks.

2. Friend Leaderboards
We would like to see the results of our friends too, but also...

3. We would also like to see filter options for leaderboards - filter by car or at least category, maybe by weather condition (if possible).

4. You can set the tire config to "off", "slow", "realistic", "x2" and so on. It would be nice to have the same options for the fuel to really force people to have a pit stop in races with few (f.e. 8) laps.

5. Please give us more freedom in choosing the training and qualify times. Sometimes 15 minutes are too short and 30 minutes are already too long (f.e. if you want to give everybody the chance to have 2 hot laps on Nordschleife). Imho 5 minute steps would be nice.

6. Easier Access to Options and Assists
When you opened an online lobby and selected a car category, you can't switch to cars of another category anymore without closing the lobby and opening another. You can only choose another car from the same category (maybe only a bug?). It would be nice to be able to configure everything even after opening the lobby.

7. View Friends Network Profile
We would like to see the driver network statistics of friends and opponents.

8. View Car Stats when Selecting Car
Really painful at the moment: when choosing a car and comparing the statistics, you need to select a car, press square (on PS4), then go back by pressing circle, choose another car, press square...

9. View Track Map when Selecting Circuits
It would be nice to see a simple track map too in the plain track list or at least the information if its a point to point or circuit.

Ramiboo
11-05-2015, 09:18
I'm playing mainly on PS4, but will also be on PC soon. I think the below would be good for all platforms.

+1 Driver Profile - Not just helmet customisation, Custom Clothes, or selection of predefined helmets/overalls, a preferred car number
+1 Allow us to Create Championships - Like a 12 week series, so the races can be tracked and entered. Keep the results in the Driver Profile, under a championships entered and achievements section.
+1 Friend Leaderboards - I can see over time, trying to find a friends time in the leader boards is going to be a pain.
+1 Spotter/Proximity Sensors - There are some pretty big blind spots, either this or supply a Rift kit with the game :)
+1 View Track Map when Selecting Circuits - Or just get the rights to the proper circuit name!! :)
+1 Timed Races - Most racing in the UK is time based now. As the championships buy the races in Minutes rather than laps.

Loving the game play on PCars, such a buzz, there are a few bugs, but thank you for not making us wait any longer, I'd rather the game out there with a few bugs than keep watching others with WMD access enjoying the game on YouTube!!

Groovedriver
11-05-2015, 11:14
Not just Less Aggressive AI, but More Intelligent AI.

For example, AI tend to stick pretty much to the racing line even on their return to the pits during Qualifying or Practice which means you have to go off the line (sometimes pretty significantly on some tracks) to get around them whilst on a hot lap. Would be great if the AI on the latter half of a return to pit lap could keep out of the way of those cars on a faster lap. Would be even better if they also responded to headlight flashes when coming up behind slower cars or lapping back-markers, particularly in the longer races.

Or maybe add blue flags and implement the correct AI behaviour for them?

Think this would make a far more realistic behaviour for the AI in SP racing.

Another suggestion is a Session Weather Forecast - would be really helpful to know how long the track is going to stay dry, and approximately when the monsoon is going to hit in order to plan tyre choice, best time to come out for the qualifying lap, race pit strategy, etc. The weather only shows the current status, and in 5 minutes it could be (and sometimes is in some parts of the world) completely different.

X Gabe 62 X
11-05-2015, 11:31
Tell us how many times are posted on eac leaderboard in time trials. 1000th is of no use... We need to know if we are in the top x percent.

And comparing times with friends is also a glaring omission.

Noskolini
11-05-2015, 11:56
+1 Formation Lap
+1 Timed Races

And I would like to see which time it is on track :)

ThreeAngryOwls
11-05-2015, 12:02
I've read through everyone's comments and I'll update the original thread with all amendments, votes and additional suggestions later today. Thanks for the comments guys, keep em' coming. :)

Kinsman
11-05-2015, 17:06
I didn't see this on the list although it's probably there...

Allow the saving and naming of multiple car setups
if I'm honest I found the tuning element of the game a little messy. I couldn't tell whether I'd saved the setup for all circuits or just one, whether it was for wet or dry conditions or whether it was for low or high downforce/stiffness configurations. Not enough choice! Bit annoying...

Ability to name and save multiple controller setups for different vehicles
Some vehicles will require different controller mappings dependant on what they are. At the moment the game struggles to hang on to just one configuration but I hope that will be fixed...

Clearer GUI elements in respect of fuel, tyre temperature/condition
I notice the hud option allowing you to see G-forces and such, but it's a bit 'all or nothing'. Would be nice if we could select GUI elements and position them.

More precise car setups
I find that when setting the car up, I adjust the springs (for example) but instead of going up or down by 10 units, it jumps by fairly significant values.

Tooltips
Some of the force feedback setting options aren't explained wonderfully well...

+1 for metric or imperial car setup units. Would be nice to use PSI for tyres and Lbs for spring pressure.

I will no doubt think of more...

menaceuk
11-05-2015, 17:54
Telemetry in replays

Why on earth do developers think using this while trying to race round a track at 120MPH is a good idea?

Sureshot
11-05-2015, 18:19
Some initial suggestions from me:

Per-track racing line guidance settings
It'd be really nice to be able to have the option to toggle racing line/corner guidance per track instead of only having a global setting. I like using racing line guidance for tracks I don't know yet, but for something like Brands Hatch I really don't need it. Instead of having to go through the task of changing my settings every time, it'd be cool to be able to be able to save my preferences per track (or to use the global option if I choose).

Trackmania rounds mode
Having been a huge fan of Trackmania, it'd be fun to implement an option to create a lobby using their rounds mode. For those who don't know what it is, this consists of all players starting at the exact same point at the beginning of the race in identical cars, then simultaneously doing a single lap of the track (or more if multi-lap tracks are specified). The person who completes the lap first gets 10 points, the next person 8 and so forth. Everyone then restarts from the beginning and does another lap. This continues until one person reaches the target number of points. There's no collision in this mode so races can contain a lot of people. It can get hectic, but you can choose to hide other cars if you want (they will still be racing with you). It's a great way to race a bit more casually and really push for that hot lap without feeling like you'll have to pay for the consequences in a longer race.

+1 to Friend Leaderboards, can't believe it wasn't implemented out of the gate!

Fyren
11-05-2015, 19:19
here are my Suggestions:

- Custom Championship/Tournament
- Japanese Cars
- Ferrari
- more GT3 Cars
- the ability to change options during racing. Like Graphics or controoller options. It's a pain in the ass to leave the practice Session and go to options to change something
- Fully animated Pit Stops
- Safety Car
- more Multiplay Features like creating your own Team (clan) with a own Team page with calender whrere you can plan races or Whatever
- reputation System for multiplayer that indicates fair players
- kick player
- there are some Tracks i would like to see: 24h Nordschleife, Singapur, macau, yas marina, Melbourne, Red Bull Ring Street Courses

DaveRun
11-05-2015, 20:29
hey, The live specating is missing. It is possible during the practice and the qualifying but not possible during the race.
I'm hosting a tournament on my channel twitch.tv/daverun_599 - It would be amazing to commentate the races since the game is amazing look like actually a race in real life. Thanks so much for considering my suggestion.

DaveRun

R-Racer
11-05-2015, 20:32
It would be great to be able to create your own custom helmet and have this work in single and multiplayer.

I think there is other racing games out there if you have a custom helmet, it will temporary download them for all players so everyone can see their own designs this is great when racing in a league.

wilf
11-05-2015, 20:41
Editable AI driver attributes and names.

I'm assuming all of the AI drivers are unique, with individual attributes which determine their driving styles, personalities, abilities, strengths and weaknesses? I'd love if we could get access to their attributes to at least view them but preferrably edit them, and be able to edit the driver names. That way we could create real-world drivers with attributes which reflect their abilities so we've a better feel for the personalities we are racing against.

Backmarker
11-05-2015, 21:44
Is this more of a wish list or suggestions for improvements? Perhaps break into 2 threads; one thread for feature improvements (manual pitting control, AI) and one for wishlists (Ferrari cars, Nissan GTR car, Sepang international circuit, etc).

When creating a race an option for laps (20 laps) or duration (40 minutes)

Sureshot
12-05-2015, 01:02
Another...

Randomizer
It'd be nice to be able to randomize one or more race parameters as desired. For example, I could jump in and randomize the car, track and weather, or perhaps just one or two of those elements. Perhaps it could extend to # of laps or field size, although these are probably less important. I know for me personally this would give more encouragement to try new cars & tracks rather than browsing the lists and eventually just picking my favorites.

ThreeAngryOwls
12-05-2015, 01:10
Will update everything shortly. :)

Looking into alternative methods of management.

PC49NZ
12-05-2015, 03:32
I would like and easy to get at record of your fastest lap, on all tracks you've been on with that cars name, and date of course, is this possible?

Slartibartfast
12-05-2015, 06:35
Not as important a suggestion like many others here (btw, +1 for save mid-race (I have children)), but I would flip if the Top Gear Test Track were included. Possibly a Kia Cee'd to run around it with?

menaceuk
12-05-2015, 07:40
Ok, looking the first post, I would also like all this...

Allow us to Create Championships
Less Aggressive AI
Friend Leaderboards
Spotter
BTCC and WTCC

Added to them I want..

Telmetry in replays
A GR.A class specific championship added to the Touring car career as part of the actual career, not as an invitational event. Maybe put it between GT5 & GT4.

Baikal
12-05-2015, 07:58
-Opponents proximity arrows
-Look left\right head movement too slow now- need quicker
-Increase tires sound ( via sound settings or tweaks)
-Tire wear indication in HUD

Mythaga
12-05-2015, 07:59
Full 2015 BTCC grid + Thruxton, Croft, Rockingham & Knockhill :-)
I would pay good money for this DLC!!

andrewz
12-05-2015, 09:12
Is it okay that the HUD shows that your front right tire is cold, while the tire is actually gone? Time 4:16...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dItio7vgFUs

brit999
12-05-2015, 09:12
Opponents proximity arrows
Look left\right head movement too slow now- need quicker
Maps in pre-game selection Career/Solo/MP
Pre-season testing and setup in career.

BBoy
12-05-2015, 10:02
From what has been listed in the community suggestions, I feel that these are the ones that need the most attention.

- Easier Access to Options and Assists
- Less Aggressive AI (as well as general AI improvements)
- Safety Car
- Provide Options for More Car Setups
- Obtain More Information from the Engineer
- Mute All (should also include being able to mute individual people)
- Kick Players
- Spotter (along with proximity arrows for nearby drivers)
- In-Game Voice Chat

Other suggestions that I would consider that don't need to be added right away

- Manual control of pit road
- Empty tracks during practice sessions or testing
- Racing Facts
- More information regarding tracks and cars
- Being able to view other driver's network profiles
- Oval racing (I come from the NASCAR background of auto racing, so it would certainly be nice to see the stock cars in their natural habitat.)

andrewz
12-05-2015, 10:30
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeTsVUfP3GE

1:29 Crash with invisible object
2:17 Flying cars
2:38 When the wiper goes over windshield for the 1st time, rain drops are still visible
3:52 The grass emmits smoke when you make a drift on it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4utb2ccuRg

4:06 Those orange track commissioners in the background on the right make 1:1 synchronized movements. I guess they are twins...

misterbulgarin
12-05-2015, 12:21
Full 2015 BTCC grid + Thruxton, Croft, Rockingham & Knockhill :-)
I would pay good money for this DLC!!

Another willing customer here too! :)

surridge1990
12-05-2015, 14:45
Another small suggestion,

Colour coded classes for multiclass racing, both race number backgrounds and icons in the in-game map,

RED - LMP1
BLUE - LMP2
GREEN - GT3
YELLOW - GT4

(Based on the "Endurance" category in career mode)

Also, in that category, during qualifying the grid is based a whole, whereas in the race it is seperated into classes, I keep getting not very nice tweets and emails saying how poor I performed in qualifying (23rd Overall) even though I havent qualified outside of the top 3 in my class (GT4) all season. Also note that only the overall pole qualifier receives a bonus point for pole, would be nice if individual class poles received the bonus point as a GT4 car is never going to out qualify a grid of GT3, LMP2 and LMP1 cars.

Would be good if qualifying was seperated into classes aswell as the race.

surridge1990
12-05-2015, 14:50
And another vote for safety car periods aswell,

Just ran a 3 Hour race at silverstone with someones wheel sitting right in the middle of Beckets a few inches from the race line,

Safety cars should be called so debris can be removed from the track.

One more point,

Gravel traps, there should be an option for realistic gravel traps so that when cars go off the road they get stuck and have to be recovered, would work well with the safety car feature if a car goes off in a dangerous place and needs to be moved.

(Both of these should be optional to the player, not everyone cares for ultra realistic make a mistake and the race is over when it comes to gaming, but would be a nice option for those who want them)

GAT_Montana
12-05-2015, 15:04
Multi Class Races based on real life figures what means: ELMS, ALMS or WEC!

And the option to create your own racing series as R3E has.

Safety car would be nice but seems to be something for pC2

Switch car during replays and Information about Timing, place, etc...

GAT_Montana
12-05-2015, 15:24
I'd really like to see track maps on the R/H side of this window:

And the same for car specs on this window:

I know they are available if you click "Browse Location List" or "View Info" respectively but it would help speed things up if the info was already there as you're scrolling through cars and tracks :-)

Oh yes, I agree so much on this!

fero
12-05-2015, 18:26
Yep, thats what I already mentioned too.

And one new thing that bothered me yesterday: Someone crashed into tires that stayed on the track for the rest of the race. Some laps later, I crashed into it. The race was over for me. So I would really appreciate if such objects disappear after some time. Same with cars - many people with no chance for podium stop their cars on the track. They should be disqualified and removed too after some seconds.

NinjaWookiee
12-05-2015, 18:39
First of all huge thanks to the OP! Although at some point a poll might make sense if the forum allows for that, so we're not risking a heart attack here! ;)

My votes go to:

Multi-Class Races
Allow us to Create Championships
More Intelligent AI
Animated Pit-stops
Save Mid-Race
Obtain More Information from the Engineer
24hr Nurburgring Layout
Three Stage Qualifying
Improve the Smoke Graphic Effects
Tracks during Practice
Custom Helmets
Extend Instant Replay Duration
BTCC and WTCC and DTM!
Animated Marshalls
Change the stars to a real starmap
Directional movement to the raindrops on the windscreen
Racing Line in wet
Historic Racing in Career

GAT_Montana
12-05-2015, 18:48
What is missing als well is a filter for online lobbys! But I assume this is on the dev list anyway.

The debries issue need to be solved quickly!

Rakete
12-05-2015, 19:26
Great thanks to OP ! Poll should be started when the list is long enough :)

Here are my additional suggestions about the multiplayer browser. By now it is nearly unusable !

# 1
We need more than 50 random picked server !
A good soloution would be a button to show more server (maybe 30) after the first 50 ones. And so on, and so on...

# 2
The server filter should be able to filter servers that are not listed in the "random 50s" !
A good filter can also solve the "just 50 server"-problem !

# 3
The server filter should contain the following options:
- Filter by track (and NO, "straight" or "circle" is NOT a track filter :culpability: )
- Filter by server name and parts of it (find "Server" in "myServerIsGreat")
- Filter by IP or connect to IP instead of filtering by it...

Please, racing in an organized league or with friends or just on a favourite server is IMPOSSIBLE !

edit: my votes
- Allow to create championchips
- Animate Pit-Stops
- WTCC and DTM !

flyoffacliff
12-05-2015, 20:55
3D Vision support for PC please. 3D for consoles would be nice too.

AceMcZer0
12-05-2015, 21:21
I registered for this forum just to reply to this thread. I'm thankful for the game and enjoy it for what it is--a solid foundation that absolutely lacks in several key features that any racing game worth its salt should have. So...

Multi class races

Custom Championships -- this is THE ONE for me...as much as I love this game, I can't for the life of me take it seriously without the ability to set up a 10-20 race championship to really put the GT3 and LMP cars through their paces. I'm not home enough to engage in an online racing league, and the career mode just doesn't cut it for me long term, so the ability to add purpose to this game while out of town would come in a fully realized championship creation suite. Even Grid Autosport has this, and pCars should blow that game away.

Access to Liveries -- frustrating as it is now.

Switch cars during replays and extend the replay length -- because sometimes I want to see how a wreck on track began, not an eternal closeup of my car.

More realistic outlaps for AI -- because cold tires don't seem to apply to them.

More mistake prone AI -- because if I go off track, it's virtually race over since the AI never overshoot corners. Again, something Codemasters can pull off rather well and this game is better than that.

Mid race saves -- Please!

Spotters and a generally more chatty and informative engineer. We can adjust weather in cycles and slots, they should be able to warn me when rain is coming or going to stop.

Include more Japanese cars -- The Nissan GTR35 is a GT3 car...and I love that car. But overall I'm sure there's a good reason for no Japanese (or American, see next point) cars at launch, but it really is a bad image for the game to not have any at all.

More non-Ford American cars -- namely Dodge Viper, Corvette, Camaro, you know, the meaty foundation of any GT simulator.

Customizable AI -- I'm talking similar to Nascar Racing 2003 by Sierra/Papyrus, where you could change the name of the driver and their driving characteristics on a 1-100 scale, then create dedicated rosters for them. I understand who the AI drivers are supposed to be in this game, but some people want to simulate racing their friends when racing their friends isn't actually possible.

Timed races

WTCC and more touring cars/championships in general (DTM, V8 supercars, BTCC)

And while I've been begging Codemasters to bring it back, I'm not expecting them to and wouldn't expect it here either, but creating your own team and livery a la Grid 1 would be the icing on the cake.

I won't even get into tracks, as I believe there is a track suggestion thread already, but I hope this post isn't mistaken for hating the game. I really am deeply grateful for its existence, I just hope it becomes the Quintessential Racing Game for PC in the same way the GTR2 and Race 07 games were, and it seems like base Project Cars is a bit behind where those two games were at their base. But they're still viable games so many years later, and I expect pCars will be the same, just needs some more development time.

tyl3r99
12-05-2015, 21:26
BTCC and WTCC
Improve Damage Animations
Safety Car
Braking Only Racing Line <--- all items already listed

like to add a safety car!!

Dimahoo
12-05-2015, 21:34
It would be nice if the game would let you finish a Quali lap after timer has gone....rather then just cut out.
Also lap times arn't shown after a race on PS4.

OldDarth
12-05-2015, 21:48
In Menu - Gear Shifter Debouncer or Sensitivity Setting

to prevent repeat/multiple shifts

yusupov
12-05-2015, 21:53
btcc AND wtcc?? uhg one touring car series is enough. and dont get m e wrong i do think btcc would be cool, no one else is doing it (s3 does wtcc already), sms is located in england, good access to the tracks & probably some connections etc. would def pay for a btcc expansion.

TehGreenie
12-05-2015, 22:01
Can you put me down in favour of everything besides being able to save the game progress mid race please?

BTCC/WTCC is a big one in my eyes!

GAT_Montana
12-05-2015, 22:08
After some racing today 2 issues appearing. One minor issue: absolutly no celebration or congratulation if you have done a good job. You win a race and there is nothing....no crowd applause, no pitradio...silence and a prompt ending of the race...thats a bit frustrating to be honest.

The second issue is related to the timing screen in qualifying. It is necessary to show the sector timing in relation to my times to see if my oponents comming closer. Otherwise it doesnt make sense to follow them.

Patrik Marek
12-05-2015, 22:20
form what's already on the list

Easier Access to Liveries (Ratings: 4) - Provide players with easier access to selecting liveries whilst selecting a car. Don't force players to open the garage to select a livery.
Safety Car (Ratings: 3) - Implement the Safety Car feature for both single and multi-player practice, qualifying and race events.
Save Mid-Race (Ratings: 3) - Provide players with the option to save longer endurance races mid-race in career and single player.
Formation Lap (Ratings: 3) - Allow for the option to implement Formation Laps for both single and multi-player races.
Obtain More Information from the Engineer (Ratings: 3) - Provide players with the option to contact the engineer mid-session to obtain information about the weather, tyre and damage conditions and current lap-times.
24hr Nurburgring Layout(Ratings: 2) - Include the 24hour version of the Nurburgring circuit.
Allow Players to Manually Return to Pits (Ratings: 2) - Provide players with the option to manually drive their car back to the pits once the race is complete.
Custom Helmets (Ratings: 2) - Allow players to select custom helmet designs during the career.
Co-Op Career (Ratings: 1) - The option to play alongside another play throughout the career, either on the same team or against each other.
Support for yellow and red flags, in addition to enforcing penalties on drivers who overtake through yellow flag conditions.
Crane/Toe (Ratings: 1) - Upon running out of fuel or sustaining major damage, have an AI come collect you from the side of the track and put out yellow, or red flag conditions. Driving back to the pits whilst missing wheels isn't very realistic or immersive.
Create your own Team (Ratings: 1) - Provide the option to create your own team in the career mode, and work up through the rankings, earning sponsorship and gaining reputation.

on top of this I would love to see
Victory lap - where marshalls can wave flags when you finish race, and you take your victory lap and park in pitlane (or other designated area) where you pit crew will congratulate you
small in-game cinematics - like in F1 games by codemasters, helping out with immersion that it's really YOU and YOUR career , these would play before race, after race, on podium, when you dnf (see you walking upset into garage) etc.
livery designer/editor so that you create your own team that you race with

After some racing today 2 issues appearing. One minor issue: absolutly no celebration or congratulation if you have done a good job. You win a race and there is nothing....no crowd applause, no pitradio...silence and a prompt ending of the race...thats a bit frustrating to be honest.

totally agree
bonus features
trophy/locker room, where you could see your accolades/prices/achievements , rather then just page with statistics

Xterno50
12-05-2015, 23:10
PS4: You can't change where your pit crew/tutorial girl voice comes from. Should be like GTA that allows you to do so. Astros A50 work on 'Audio only' mode to be able to work perfectly, and i have to change it to 'All Audio' in order to hear the pit crew.

A.I doesn't turn the lights on when raining/fog

Vuvuzela
12-05-2015, 23:33
My suggestions come from playing it online with some serious people.. 10+ people 15min qualification and 10laps after.

-The ability to join a (psn) friend who already is in a multiplayer game or lobby.. Just cant believe this isnt possible.
-Maybe something like a crew on consoles. So I dont have to add 100 extra friends but everybody joins a club and trough that we are connected.. see the times, join eachother etc.
-More time options for sessions.. 15minutes qualification can be short and 25 too long. 20 could be perfect ;)
-It would be nice to be able to change your car in the pit.. I dont want to risk a shit car but I dont want to drive the same thing over n over.
-The map in the HUD should be more zoomed out or even full. It should show me that what I cant see myself.
-A real track or car class voting system. The button now only shows other people I would like a different track.
-Mute all option.

ffmercurial
12-05-2015, 23:38
how about adding the option of returning to the box to the quick menu that appears when u enter the box?

ArcticWolfy
13-05-2015, 02:41
dont know if ppl have said this issue but i found it extremely frustrating on MP yesterday and we chose random weather it chose rain for us and when we got into edit car set up we were on automatic by weather tyres yet as soon as we hit the track we did nothing by constantly spin, once it took us nearly 5mins to do a lap we went into the pits to find that it had chose soft tyres not even wet at all. then the next race it was dry and we ended up with wets on. i would prefer that we could change this before the race save going to the pits

Yannick Van Broeck
13-05-2015, 04:24
I'm not going to go through all of these posts because I don't have the time AND because I don't want to.

A nice addition would be to have your race engineer inform you about upcoming weather changes. I've had multiple races where I pit on lap 9/19 and one or two laps later rain starts to drop. If my engineer would've reported to me that rain was incoming within 5 minutes time I would've gone another lap around the track instead of coming in for another pair of slicks.

Edit: oh yes; maybe you can add a stickie on the forum where a developer or forum moderator can post what actually is being worked on right now. It would make life easier for all of us racing fans ;)

nhitrac
13-05-2015, 07:35
Multi-class races...

Does this include the ability to individually pick what make/model I want to race with?

If not, can you please add this to the list?

If so, add me as a +1

Thanks

eric55
13-05-2015, 09:19
Nissan GTR NISMO or GTR Track pack more Japanese Cars Please Please Please GTR GTR GTR GTR GTR GTR and please get the sound of the gtr right please include the blowing noise of the turbos that sounds like a Jet ;) engine on full turbo boost Pleaaase??????? great game thanks the 12c sounds spectacular

Mojo66
13-05-2015, 09:36
Pro (+1):

Multi-Class Races
Switch Car during Replays
Provide Options for More Car Setups

Contra (-1):

Unit Measurements Can the cowboys please enter at least the 20th century?

pkazasidis
13-05-2015, 09:51
The clasic : 2 player option !!!! Pleaseeeee !! I want to be able to play with my friends at the same room with one console (PS4) and one TV with split screen mode !!!!

Tillj
13-05-2015, 10:11
Add on multiplayer an end of session timer rather than abruptly ending even if your on a clean lap.

Marrrfooo
13-05-2015, 11:03
I'm not entirely sure if this is the right place for this - but being a wheel user (PS4) I'm realising that buttons vs. potential important functions is a battle that we currently can't win - there are more useful functions then there are buttons to map them too (I use the T300RS).

To solve this I was thinking about whether it would be possible to include the option to use the D-pad like a SHIFT key. For example:
Hold L-dpad + X = Wipers
Hold L-dpad + Triangle = Lights
Hold L-dpad + Square = Look left
Hold L-dpad + O = Look right

Each direction on the the d-pad could therefore offer 4x potential extra sets of instructions to the buttons on the wheel. I could then use Hold R-dpad + ___ for all my view/telemetry commands, or for seat adjustments etc.

It's something that War Thunder implements very effectively for a game that also requires a lot of potential button commands.

It would reallly help the keyboardless console wheel-racers and also pad users to have greater functional capability to their racing. :)

Cheers,

Marrrfooo
13-05-2015, 11:11
Going one further I think it would be even better if there was a 5 minute/finish-current-lap allowance for those on flyers when the flag to finish the session drops.

KamyKaze1098
13-05-2015, 11:14
Add some info for each car, like a brief descritpion with it's history. Also would be good to know tires and temps info per car, if they are different (Which they should be). Maybe create like a sort of car manual where you slide some pages to see all info needed.

gwr3850
13-05-2015, 11:35
If on multiplayer especially with friends. Would be nice to have multi rounds, like a Playlist of tracks. And points over all the events like a championship, bonus points same as the career. like it is on GRID

Also it would be good to see AI affected by cold tyres too, they just zoom off no problem. Need to see more slow weaving first couple of laps to warm them up. Also would be good to see AI move off racing line if player is on a hotlap

Vilonosec
13-05-2015, 13:04
From the list
1. Easier Access to Options and Assists
2. Kick Players and BAN them
3. In-Game Voice Chat

and also
1. More filter options for multyplayer server search - restrictions, weather, qualifying/practice time, damage and driving aids options to select
2. FFB should work properly from the box, without external files
3. When you create MP server - server options should be saved from the last time
4. Rating system for unsporty behavior (craching/ramming) and ability to restrict "bad" players on your server
5. FWD cars physics is really broken
6. Ability to see ghost replay from other player, with telemetry and all views
7. In community events ability to drive against ghosts, just like in time-trials

maTech
13-05-2015, 13:08
It would be good if the AI would turn the lights on when it is raining or foggy. In real races I have never
seen a car that did not turn on the lights when the sight is poor. So you can see other cars easier.
Perhaps it would be easier with always lights on like in Le Mans or the whole WEC.
For sure of a big supporter of the 24 Hours of Le Mans and the whole WEC I would like to have
more cars from this Championship or from older editions of the 24 Hours of Le Mans especially
from the 1998 and 1999 race :-)

and

Multi-Class Races - Provide players with the option to host multi-class races in single and multi-player sessions.
Allow us to Create Championships - Allow players to setup their own championships within single and multi-player. This should include car types, tracks, weather conditions, point systems and regulations.
Save Mid-Race - Provide players with the option to save longer endurance races mid-race in career and single player.
24hr Nurburgring Layout - Include the 24hour version of the Nurburgring circuit.

andrewz
13-05-2015, 13:47
I would definitely support efforts to make particles in the game better. Smoke looks weak and sparks even worse. Individual sparks are too BIG in my opinion. It looks rather arcadey. And reminds me of fireworks.

4:47 car produce sparks when in contact with sand
5:16 there is also "nice" collison fail

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvK0scQFmnM

Is the rain in connection with windscreen wipers an addition to gameplay when you can challenge your opponents in rainy night without wipers turned on? Time 20:08...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eD7o_f7s0Y

Not a video of mine. At least someone in the world except me is able to notice that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRfx1qbW65g
(there were lights going through solid objects... the video was deleted for unknown reasons)

comieodor
13-05-2015, 14:06
Firstly props to ThreeAngryOwls for keeping this thread updated. I expect it will probably turn into a monster over time and you have to commend that.

Anyway my number 1 feature request has to be Multi-Class racing. I still fire up GTR2 and particularly the PnG mod to get my fill of a ridiculous number of cars of all types going around Le Mans and Nurburgring; Porsche 935's and and GT40's barrelling past cortina's, Alfa's and mini's 2 at a time.

2 Would be a working safety car and crashed vehicle recovery system; I would love to have the tension of building up a good lead over a long race only to have the AI bunch back up behind you towards the end because some Muppet forgot how to racecar; then have to defend your position on cold tyres. I understand this would be much trickier a feature to add though.

3rd would be animated pit crews. They don't even need to be perfectly rendered. Even GTR 2's highly poxy by todays standards adds a great deal to the overall experience. I would further add some basic detailing to garage's (toolboxes etc,) just so they don't look so sparse.

Finally and this one should be easy to implement (and possibly already there I'm just missing it,) on the invitations page in career mode it would be nice to see how I unlocked the one's I've received (hover the mouse cursor over it maybe.)

EDIT: completely forgot - Menu Support for the Rift should probably be my number 1.

mister dog
13-05-2015, 14:19
Firstly props to ThreeAngryOwls for keeping this thread updated. I expect it will probably turn into a monster over time and you have to commend that.
Indeed, thanks ThreeAngryOwls you're doing important work here :)

Pink_650S
13-05-2015, 16:57
Hey everyone, l have a few suggestions from a thread l created. I must've missed this one.

Server-Browser:
- More lobby details displayed (i.e. allowed assists, damage, laps, qualifying etc.)

In Lobby:
- The host must be able to kick unfair players, the vote system never works.
- Also, let the host start the session. I know it could lead to some problems (host being afk), but sometimes the host needs to make importantchanges to the settings and all of a sudden the session starts.

During Session:
- Lapped players NEED to become a ghost! Idiots keep crashing others that race fair and square. Online races are noob-heaven right now. Maybe also penalize drivers for crashing on purpose.
- The tolerance of cutting corners should be reduced. For example Eau Rouge or any chicane, people just cut too much.- Drivers should be able to finish a flying lap after the timer has reached 0:00.
- Reduce the countdown after the 1st has finished the race, or let the host set a timer.

Other Stuff:
- Balance: How is it that the C-Class DTM is in the same Category as Group 5 Cars? Thats flat out broken and kind of Pay2Win, since the DTM is superior in all aspects. You can say that overall some balancing decisions are questionable.

I'm welcoming anything that keeps idiots from ruining clean drivers' experiences. Nevertheless, l'm really loving this game (:

Ian Bell
13-05-2015, 17:03
Keep them coming guys. We appreciate it.

We can't do everything sensible that's requested but we'll certainly add all that we can.

Pink_650S
13-05-2015, 17:06
Keep them coming guys. We appreciate it.

We can't do everything sensible that's requested but we'll certainly add all that we can.

Why cant all developers in the world be like this? :b

gwr3850
13-05-2015, 17:12
This maybe a small and stupid one.

But in career it asks you for name and racing number. I haven't seen it yet. But would be nice to add option for dynamic names and numbers of the cars the team you have a contract with.

Nothing would be more satisfying to see you win and watch back the replay and seeing your name and number on the car. Would this be console compatible?

Can't be too hard to add?

flash40465
13-05-2015, 17:32
For me:
- Multi class races:
I think it's important to choose car class for a race. For exemple, I want to simulate a WEC race and I would like to choose LMP1 class, P2 and GT class.

- Save mid-race:
Really important for endurance races.

- Animated pit stop:
For fun... But I would like to have a manual mod on pit box please. Very important on race because you can loose or gain time on pit road.

Thank you for this amazing game! The best one on PC!

Sorry for my english :)

BlueFin175
13-05-2015, 17:41
A few from NY:

Multiplayer Summary Screen.
At the end of a multiplayer race, can we please get the fastest lap time also included for each participant in the race summary.

Livery Selection.
Can we please make it a lot easier and more intuitive as to being able to select a livery while in the multiplayer lobby. And let it stick for the session.

Multiplayer Host.
The existing method of selecting cars to race is just terrible in my book. Can we please just have the entire listing exactly as it is presented in the Free Practice mode. At least give us this as an option via button selection when entering the option.

Multiplayer End of Race Timer.
Can we please get this as a configurable option when creating the lobby. The default is a pain when someone wrecks and gives up etc.

AI Filling empty slots.
I'm told, as in I haven't yet tried it .. but this seems to be counterproductive at present. Surely when you set the lobby and the max number of human participants, it should be straightforward math to fill the remaining slots automatically.

Free Practice.
Can we please have the ability to get the options menu from the Free Practice Pits. This is invaluable when setting up ones controller etc. It is a pain to have to continually go back and forth otherwise, and you are not able to test as a single player when in a multiplayer lobby. Returning to the pit box should also not reset current setup setting. Any changes to the hud layout etc should be saved as well. I keep losing these between sessions.

Multiplayer race series.
Can we please get a method of stringing together multiple races (accumulating points) so we can establish a series event. Say the same cars across six different events (tracks).

bibousan
13-05-2015, 17:53
Hello guys!

My main request on this awesome game is : LMP vs Formula

Allow us pz in the solo race menu, to match this two class together; for ,even if we select "all class authorized", when we choose Formula,(or LMP), the other class will never appear;TOO BAD !! I know that this will never happen in real races, however the gamme allows F Rooky or F.Gulf 1000 etc , to match with F A :( .
Of course, it's not a question about logic but fun:)
Thx for reading and best regards.

David Slute
13-05-2015, 18:07
Here's a few I'd like to see....

Sounds- a slider to adjust tire sounds and opponent sounds

pit engineer- more informative info as the current info is pretty much useless info....weather for cast, inside outside awareness, tire wear and when leaders are pitting

select car menu- allow us to select the paint rather than entering another menu to find the cars class than select paint.

multiplayer feature - share tune setup and be able to keep it.
show each individuals fastest lap at the end of race
allow all users in a lobby to remain in the lobby when a race is complete with the option to choose another track rather than being kicked back to the multiplayer menu.

community feature- race clubs like fm4 one of the best community features of any title! Share setups and paints for all vehicles, videos & pictures and add a clan tag in front of your gt

last to shut up all those who believe physics is based on how many bumps and rattles your wheel can record on a straight a slider for canned road effects :)
this alone would probably boost sales and make the majority of haters change there minds lol

menaceuk
13-05-2015, 18:10
Ability to change side mirror positioning.

Martin03
13-05-2015, 19:39
I made a new thread before I remembered this thread so I just copy it in here...

Why can't I continue on my lap after the time has run out, when I crossed the finish line and started the lap some secunds before the time run out? Lets say you start the lap with 20secunds remaining, then when the time is out the game stop you and you are not allowed to continue that lap. Its pretty frustrating sometimes...

Or a FEW times I acctually get to finish that lap, but that is rare...

Dookie Possum
13-05-2015, 19:56
I agree with the custom helmet design and coverall designing!!!!!!!! I want my helmet to look just like Lewis Hamilton's!

Pink_650S
13-05-2015, 20:12
I made a new thread before I remembered this thread so I just copy it in here...

Why can't I continue on my lap after the time has run out, when I crossed the finish line and started the lap some secunds before the time run out? Lets say you start the lap with 20secunds remaining, then when the time is out the game stop you and you are not allowed to continue that lap. Its pretty frustrating sometimes...

Or a FEW times I acctually get to finish that lap, but that is rare...

Thats a known issue, and has been requested a lot to be fixed (;

Hir0Pr0tagon1st
13-05-2015, 22:10
I agree 100% with Easier Access to Options and Assists. Another feature I would love is normal HUD Rev Counter for cockpit view. I just cant always make out the normal rev counter on some cars and would love the HUD one to be possible for the cockpit cam.

Also a more detailed way to know what damage the car has? similar to forza showing which parts are actually damaged.

Martin03
14-05-2015, 00:05
Pleasue make the dynamic weather system RANDOM. Im tired of it allredy...its the same over and over again. When its rain for me its, this is how the weather is in that session:
Practice: Dry, Rain, Dry
Qualifing: Rain, Dry, Rain
Race 1: Dry, Rain
Race 2: Rain, Dry

Please make that random and not the same over and over again. And also why do it have to change all the time? why can't it rain for a longer time? like rain the entire qualifing instead of changing all the time. I hate when games makes dynimic weather but then make it chang all the time like ''look att me! is not this beatiful!!''...

Ferrari312
14-05-2015, 02:09
The multiplayer replay and spectator capability is seriously lacking. If I crash out of a race, I immediately want to watch the replay to see what happened with full VCR controls. I want to be able to easily spectate on other cars during a session, easily switch between drivers, and have it be in either a small window or full screen and from multiple camera angles.

As I mentioned in another thread, just copy the exact replay and spectating capability of iRacing and this will be awesome.

Russtyruss
14-05-2015, 03:39
I read the first post and forgive me if any of these are already there and I may have missed them, but I'm pretty sure they aren't.

- MP Free roam non race cruising either on tracks or create a map of all tracks that somehow join to create a world map where everyone could meet.
- Free rotation of vehicles in garage view (not sure if this isn't actually available, haven't played much with everything yet)
- MP Street racing (with or without traffic, both available as select options) involving both sprint from point A to B and circuit racing but in free roam style.

Might come back with additions at a later time...for now I have very little spare time to play.

Cheers!

TechnologicMau5
14-05-2015, 04:50
These are the ones I've picked from the current list that I'd like to see implemented:

Free Camera Mode in Photo Mode, Multi-Class Races, Easier Access to Liveries, Switch Car during Replays, Include Japanese Cars, Animated Pit-stops, Spectate when Race is Complete, Spotter, 24hr Nurburgring Layout, Punctures, Display Corner Numbers on Track Map, View Track Map when Selecting Circuits, Timed Races, Select Weather for Individual Sessions

And here are ideas that I haven't seen posted:

Ability to Retire to Pit Box in Multiplayer: Allow people to retire from a race and use the Pit Monitor so they can spectate a race for things like live streaming.

LMR Deftone MX
14-05-2015, 07:35
I heavily support the ability to change cars in replays mode. I am a staff member at The Online a Racing Association, where we are currently preparing to run the Avon Tyres British GT Championship which is setup to be broadcasted to MotorsTV in the fall. Without this feature, we are out of business which would be a big shame for both us and SMS as it would be great publicity!

I would also like to add The ability to retire to the pit box during a race in order to spectate.

Marmite
14-05-2015, 08:00
First post and a few suggestions from me:

Online leaderboards - ability to see which assist have been used. Also, ability to search by Friends only. Feel like both of these should have been in from the start really.

End of multiplayer qualifying - should be able to finish your final lap. We should also be taken to the garage screen for a certain amount of time so that people can check settings etc before the race begins (a vote mechanic could be used to speed this up).

End of multiplayer race - show fastest lap times and perhaps have a tab to show a breakdown of all lap times for each car during the race. More info!!

In-game audio - need a slider for player car noise only. On some cars my engine is too quiet and drowned out by those around me (playing on PS4).

Time trial - I can't understand why we cannot tweak set-ups in the garage and then head out with rolling starts?! Seems like a major oversight. At the moment it's a nightmare having to load in and out just to tweak a setting, then go back in to try it.

Hopefully these can be taken on board or already have been and will be added in a patch :)

Francorchamps
14-05-2015, 08:38
Project Cars - Suggestion Thread

Great list so far. I want to add some suggestions to the suggestions on your thread

Provide Options for More Car Setups (Ratings: 3) - Allow players to save more than one setup per track, and be able to load those setups anywhere for easier access and editing.

Provide preset set up for each car on each track in every weather condition

Empty Tracks during Practice (Ratings: 2) - Small detail: During practice sessions, there should be no spectators or TV cranes. Teams go to test their cars and tweak setups and because of this, the stands would not be filled with thousands of people.

This should be less spectators instead of no spectators in Tier 2 and Tier 1 races and there should be TV cranes in those tiers as well to add to realism. In F1 for example there is coverage of all sessions (even on BBC)

Additional Support for Assigning Buttons (Ratings: 2) - For both wheel and controller users, there is an issue with not having enough buttons to assign controls. Creating a dial for the D-Pad could be a potential solution, or alternatively, removing the restrictions of enforcing certain functions such as Handbrake, Kers and Clutch.

Alternatively also remove the restrictions for Gears. Players that don't use them don't need those

Also I would want to add Preset Pit strategy so you can plan your entire pit strategy before the race starts. So you can plan your pitstops based on the lap counter. Example: Lap 8: Soft - Lap 20: Hard Lap 40: Soft.

CustomInternals
14-05-2015, 10:17
+1 To all. No reason to not vote for everyone to get what they want. I didn't notice anything that would take away from what we already have so more is always better in my book.

Marmite
14-05-2015, 11:25
Another minor thing, but annoying nonetheless:

End of race progression - the cursor seems to pick a random navigation each time, so you never know whether pressing X will continue, exit, or Restart. Its annoying and should default to Continue ideally.

mister dog
14-05-2015, 12:03
I'd like to add an extra vote for headlights on for the AI when the situation needs it.
Just tried the Focus RS race at Sonoma in heavy fog/torrential rain, and them not having their headlights on seems ridiculous in those circumstances.

Viking6
14-05-2015, 12:49
I propose adding American GT cars. Ford GT, Corvette C6R, Viper, Cadillac, etc. Also I did not see Sebring on the track list, and I'm sure everyone knows how welcome it is to race on a local track. These suggestions may already be in the works and I just don't know about it, but if not, please add them!

ichimug
14-05-2015, 12:57
From what I played i will suggest 2 minor interface changes:
- When you press options (PS4)in the main menu to see your profile in order to back to the main menu again you have the press options again, it will be nice that also works with the button "O" because it's the universal button to get back in most games
- When you press options (PS4) when you're in a race in order to restart a race, it will be nice that if you press up you can go to the bottom like most games. This because it will only take 2 press on the botton up to get there making it more fast to restart a race, but now you can only go down an its like 5 spaces below which takes time.

Regards

EMW Reaper
14-05-2015, 13:15
Please sort out the track limits - far to many corners can be cut with no penalty. Also we need more classes - can't have formula rookie in the same class as formula A !!!!! or any of the other classes for that matter.
Would love to see BTCC as we need some more fwd race cars.

Love the game - please keep on sorting out the problems

Dasidnii
14-05-2015, 13:18
That will never ever happen. Some good computer rigs today even struggle running the game as it is.

Machinist90
14-05-2015, 13:43
+1 Improve Damage Animations I really loved the damage and crashing in Shift 2,it was genuinely scary to crash at high speed with a GT car,especially with the helmet cam
+1 Save Mid-Race would be helpful to complete some endurance races like Lemans,I can't drive for 24hours and even with the ai driver I rather give my console a breather.
+1 Include Japanese Cars combined with a drifting discipline this would add a whole new experience in racing.
+1Braking Only Racing Line not really necessary but would be a nice detail since there already a ton of other options

Marmite
14-05-2015, 14:44
Really wouldn't want drifting in this. Seems at odds with the rest of the game.

Machinist90
14-05-2015, 14:48
Really wouldn't want drifting in this. Seems at odds with the rest of the game.

shift 2 had drifting as well,it's just another discipline as open wheels or endurance,I'm sure there's an audience for it

NemethR
14-05-2015, 14:55
I would have a very simply suggestion / request:

Look Left + Look Right = Look Back.

This is very easy to code, and would free up 1 button on the wheel. Note: Some cars, and Karts do not have a rearview mirror, or they are just positioned so, that its very hard to see anything properly in them.
As I am sure we all have a look left and a look right button on the wheel / controller, this would be an easy way to use the look back feature, also for all those, who have a look back button assigned on their wheel, this would free up a function button for something more useful.

midnight spectre
14-05-2015, 14:59
iam so disappointed ... all these setups and you cannot DRIFTTTTTT... this is not sim at all

midnight spectre
14-05-2015, 15:01
yeah there is a huge disappointed audience.

NemethR
14-05-2015, 15:11
iam so disappointed ... all these setups and you cannot DRIFTTTTTT... this is not sim at all

This is a Racing simulation, Drifting is NOT Racing, so i do not really see a point there.
Btw you can drift, in a realistic way. Not more, then it is possible to drift with a car that is set up to be as fast in the corners as possible.

Machinist90
14-05-2015, 15:12
This is a Racing simulation, Drifting is NOT Racing, so i do not really see a point there.
Btw you can drift, in a realistic way. Not more, then it is possible to drift with a car that is set up to be as fast in the corners as possible.

seems you never heard of Formula drift....

xLeper_Messiah
14-05-2015, 15:14
One small feature I'd like to see (in addition to a lot of the other suggestions already in this thread) is when creating a setup and saving it to be for a specific track can we get a "Select All/De-select All" toggle? It's a pain when creating a tune for say Le Mans to have to scroll through the entire list of tracks manually unselecting everything that isn't the one track you want.

Also, can we view telemetry during replays? Pretty please?

NemethR
14-05-2015, 15:39
seems you never heard of Formula drift....

I did.
Its not racing.

Racing is when multiple cars on closed track fight for overall first position at the same time.

Machinist90
14-05-2015, 16:40
I did.
Its not racing.

Racing is when multiple cars on closed track fight for overall first position at the same time.

I guess they're playing chess then

Luke Taaffe
14-05-2015, 17:37
A few suggestions :)

1. CUSTOM VIEWS or view sets. This one would be awesome. (I'm sure the functionality is already there as well)
2. More modular HUD elements / buttons for individual HUD components during the race.

I hate having to cycle through HUD elements just to see my tyre temps, or have a quick peek at the track on a track I don't know very well. I like to drive with no HUD for immersion and this could do with improvement I reckon.

3.More feedback to the driver what is happening throughout the race.

Being that I drive with no HUD for immersion, it can be confusing to know what is going on in the race without checking the HUD elements to see car positions / fuel / tyres or what lap you are on as well as who in the race is doing what.
This would be really great if there was maybe some further advancement of the Pit engineer, or additional HUD elements that can be toggled separately. I imagine a BBC F1 like positions HUD on the left side, or just showing the few people ahead or behind in relation to the driver, and who they are.

4. More animated Track and vehicle selection UI when making / joining a race.

I don't like how static it looks when you are making a custom race, the whole "my garage" thing seems split off from the rest of the UI, so you never really have a visual of what you are selecting. Same with the tracks, i would suggest some sort of visual representation, overview of the turns etc.. I know on the loading race screen there is information but it is not enough.

I would like to be able to spend time looking at the track turns before I start the race, to give myself a head start on tracks I don't already know. I don't imagine this being difficult to implement.

5. Look-to-mirror.

I don't like when i press my "look-left, look-right" buttons to look into the mirror as it's very abrupt and looks too far away from the mirror which breaks immersion abit, either separate buttons for just looking into the mirror, or some sort of combination of the two would be great.

6. Manual Pitstops (I know this has already been spoken about though i'm not sure of the plans)
7. Formation lap etc.. (Probably already been mentioned.

8. TRACK DAY MODE

Instead of having to go into a race session practice 1, a simple race day mode would be great. Random cars on a track all coming out of the pits at separate times, random difficulty settings. So you can cruise if you want or try a hotlap.

revodragon
14-05-2015, 18:21
I would like to customize my driver different suits and stuff... And why is it i pick a number in career mode but that number isnt displayed on replays or in game (ps4)...an option to have pit guy tell you your lap times and maybe suggest things like "you are too slow in corner two" "you need brake sooner" etc.

revodragon
14-05-2015, 18:24
And time trails an option to see my freinds only and email them with challenges this is something that was sooo fun in nfs shift my friends and i tried to beat each others time sooo much fun please add this!!!

LuckyMic
14-05-2015, 18:31
Don't forget the triple screen support for PC like AC :)

BlueFin175
14-05-2015, 19:13
Please for the love of all that is holy, when selecting tracks in ALL modes .. provide a stencil layout diagram of the track in question. You have all this real estate on the right panel, no excuse to not show the layout.

LPlates
14-05-2015, 19:16
Please add my support for these ones:

Multi-Class Races (Ratings: 8) - Provide players with the option to host multi-class races in single and multi-player sessions.
Allow us to Create Championships (Ratings: 7) - Allow players to setup their own championships within single and multi-player. This should include car types, tracks, weather conditions, point systems and regulations.
Switch Car during Replays (Ratings: 4) - Allow players to switch between all cars whilst watching a replay, and view them from all driving perspectives.
Easier Access to Options and Assists (Ratings: 4) - Provide easier access to options and assists throughout the game. Don't enforce players to return to the menu or lobbies to change assists, controls or graphic options.
Friend Leaderboards (Ratings: 3) - Implement support to view friends lap times and statistics on the leader-boards.
Additional Options to View Lap and Sector Times Post Race (Ratings: 3) Provide players with the option to view lap and sectors time of all drivers in practice, qualifying, race, spectating and replay modes.
Spectate when Race is Complete (Ratings: 3) - Allow players to spectate over drives when they have completed the race. This is far more interesting than watching an AI drive our own car around the track for three minutes.
Improve Damage Animations (Ratings: 3) - Improve the damage models and animations when blowing an engine, crashing or rolling the car.
Multiple Monitor support (Ratings: 2) - Allow multiple monitor support for up to three monitors on consoles.
Unit Measurements (Ratings: 2) - Allow players to toggle between Imperial and Metric unit measurements.
View all Track Lap Records (Ratings: 2) - Provide a section where players are able to view all their quickest lap records on a single screen. (add friend comparisons too)[/b[
[B]View other Drivers HUD (Ratings: 2) - Allow players to view other drivers HUD, view lap times and sectors time.
Three Stage Qualifying(Ratings: 2) - Allow players to set up a three stage knock out qualifying session. For multiplayer support, this may have to be amended.
More Multi-Player Statistics (Ratings: 2) - Provide a more in-depth view on our personal multi-player statistics. Lap times, best cars, tracks, online rivals etc.
View Individual Lap Records for Individual Cars (Ratings: 2) - Provide a section where players are able to view all their lap records for each track, in each car.
Display Corner Numbers on Track Map(Ratings: 2) - During races, display numbers on each corner of each track. This allows players to identify sections of the track more efficiently with other players.
View Track Map when Selecting Circuits (Ratings: 2) - Display a track map when selecting a track in single player and multi-player.
View Car Stats when Selecting Car (Ratings: 2) - Display car statistics when selecting a car.
View Friends Network Profile (Ratings: 2) - Allow players to view friends statistics and network profiles for single and mutli-player.
Extend Instant Replay Duration (Ratings: 1) - Extend the instant replay duration beyond the two minute restriction.
Kick Players (Ratings: 1) - Allow the host of a multiplayer session to kick players.
Timed Races (Ratings: 1) - Allow players to create races that are set by a timed duration instead of laps completed. In addition, allow players to set the race distance as the finishing trigger.
More Information about Contracts (Ratings: 1) - Provide players with more detailed information about contract and invitational offers during the career mode.

Veevee
14-05-2015, 19:47
Didn't read the whole thread, but I didn't see this mentioned in the couple pages I read. I'd really like to see the leaderboards have some cross platform functionality. Even if it's just the leaderboards displayed separately on a webpage. It would be great to be able to see and compare my times to what my friends best time on a track is when they're on Xbox or ps4 while I'm on PC. I understand full cross platform multiplayer is not possible, but hopefully just listing the times of racers on different platforms together isn't impossible.

Don't even want or need ghosts, just the times.

Iwanchek
14-05-2015, 20:10
I´d like to see some things like this one:

TT or Practice:
- Quick switch cars (quick garage access)
This is for me verry frustrating when i wanna switch cars i need to exit the TT or Practice mode to enter the garage, it take much time!

- Quick Car set up
Identical as the quick garage access only we´ve here quick access to our car settings or maybe switch to TC off and other things. It will spare us many minutes it the game and set up our cars quicly.

OTHER THINGS

In tt or practice mode on Nordschleife (the roll-out) it´s to damn long and slow. It would be great if they move te roll-out point right on the last right hander be4 the finish straight.

The"restart session" please move on the first rows, it´sfunny but stupid that´the almost the last option, specially when i´m frustrated and need to restart the seassion i´ve to scrol all down to the bottom of the menue!

The time counter in the right screen corner the"possible time"or something like that, is the last option on the time/sector counter, it says that i can run a Nordschleife in 5:30 or less, and constantly my time is in the"green2, so i´m quicker, and at the end i do 6:04 time, lol, so, i can´t see the point of this "feautre"....

In Carrer, setting up my gear ratios, why can´t i move the gear slider "one by one" but instead it sets the values that the game is want!
Example!!??
I want set up my first gear, the arrow is on let say position 1, a wanna set it on 2, but no, when i slide to the right it skips two and sets on 3 or 4..!!

Why not letting me set the gear ratios by by my self???

That´s it for now!

Cheers :)

Mr.RacerGuy
14-05-2015, 22:11
NEED TO FIX
-In Options, If KERS and DRS (Not mapped by Default) are mapped by user and saved they must forever be mapped to something to save a custom controller layout. I added them to DS4 controller layout and then didn't want them but could not save layout till they were mapped.
-Gear box issue. While in Cockpit view, after impact, trans is stuck in First Gear. Player must go full stop, gear down to Reverse, then player can shift through gears normally.

Tracks and Cars to add:
- Circuit of the Americas (COTA), Road Atlanta, Barber MSPark, Canadian F1 Circuits.
- Classic Japanese Race Cars and or 1996 Castrol Honda Accord, Group C GTRs, RX3s, Mazda 787B, Nissan GT90
- 90's & 2000's BTCC Cars. Renault Volvo Honda Nissan Audi Peugeot Ford

Interface & Gameplay:
-Show prompt before accepting to Skip Events by pressing button in Calender.
-Add help for Wet Set-Ups.
-Color Code ALL FRONT settings and ALL REAR settings to navigate tuning faster.
-Do not count Restarts as individual races in regards to AFFINITY. This seems unfair because of the learning curve and the existence of a Specific Trophy.
--The original AFFINITY stats are not reset if the player deletes all Driver files. This may need to be looked into for the above issue.

Shiningpath76
14-05-2015, 22:20
202545PLEASE GET US THE FERRARI F2004 202544 AND THE F412

Patrik Marek
14-05-2015, 23:01
202545PLEASE GET US THE FERRARI F2004 202544 AND THE F412

this isn't car request thread
this one is
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?21910-What-cars-do-you-want-to-see-in-game

XRangerD
14-05-2015, 23:27
As a prior motorcycle speed demon, I can tell you that the current animations are not accurate. The periphery needs more blur in helmet view. One cannot see the cloth texture of the helmet lining. And as you focus down the road a fair distance, the hard edges near the faceplate blur quite a bit. So I have two improvements.

1. Option to "real life" blur the inside of the helmet.
2. In open cokcpit cars, increase the head shake due to wind buffeting.

VR_Green
15-05-2015, 02:36
you can't see the names of online drivers. Is the text white..the colour could do with being changed please, its feature i have to use only because there is no car colour or number customisation...hint hint!!!!

Katilla
15-05-2015, 07:56
Please! Options to individually set audio volumes tyres and wind and background noise. http://www.gtkarrier.hu/_forum/images/smilies/icon_e_smile.gif

When repair is expected to arrive first?
How we deal with us!

mister dog
15-05-2015, 09:54
Change the big billboards over the road @ Monza.

Why? Because they are ugly as hell. Seems like someone just pasted them on there not knowing which adds to pick.

KPD
15-05-2015, 11:03
I would love to have fully customisable unit settings (or at least more freedom for the most common readings). Say, for example, MPH for speed AND Centigrade for temperatures. One universal setting of Imperial/Metric is a bit restrictive to be honest.

I would also like to see these settings shown correctly in the cars that have LCD display. I understand why it'd be difficult to implement this in cars with analogue gauges. But LCD ones should automatically use the unit setting set for HUD.

An assist icon or a notification would also be nice. I've mapped steering and brake assist to my controller and am able to activate them on demand mid-race. But it's a bit tricky to figure out if they're on or off without actually risking it all at a turn!

Vilsui
15-05-2015, 11:59
An option to have outside car sounds to inside camera. The outside car sounds are amazing.

Even Driveclub has this option :O Although it came with an update.

And i'm totally supporting this:
Spotter (Ratings: 3) - Notifications alerting you when you're alongside other drivers. This provides more situational awareness during races and helps avoid collisions within multi-player specifically.

dyr_gl
15-05-2015, 13:12
DRS rules for race day in F-A. If both cars can use it you might as well not code it.

Marmite
15-05-2015, 14:59
Would love the outside car sounds inside the car. They sound so much better but its all about playing this game with the in-car view for me, so I feel like I'm missing out on the audio experience sometimes.

trylls
15-05-2015, 15:28
We should be able to access the options menu while being in-game. That way we can see in real time what we are changing. Such as the FOV, audio and visuals. It would help allot when your online. Now its tedious to exit the game your in to have access to the options menu.

andrewz
15-05-2015, 18:17
Tiny and mild source of light, yet HUGE AND BLINDING reflections on the ground. I do not remember seeing something like this even on last gen consoles. :apologetic:

GIF ANIMATION (http://gifmaker.cc/PlayGIFAnimation.php?folder=20150515044w7lBm6EmN0lbznhN5qFcl&file=output_hw89Av.gif)

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-PAlfS6GFpkA/VVYwLLS7YpI/AAAAAAAAJ2U/mumWY_Fw8Rg/s912/1.jpg

Time 1:59 (but the whole game is affected, no matter where you are)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iU_C6msI3mw

Behavior of lights in overall seems like a very weak part of the visuals for me. :dejection:

maTech
15-05-2015, 19:09
Because of the 24 hours of the Nürburgring which will start this weekend i thought of including a special event in the career like the 24 hours of Le Mans.
For sure with the 24 hours track layout and only if this would be possible: Save Mid-Race. By the way driving the Nordschleife in the dark is such a great feeling and a big challenge. Had a lot of fun with this track.

MIAMI__NYZE
15-05-2015, 19:36
1) Less Aggressive AI [crashing your car - especially on race start] !!
2) Detailed analysis/telemetry to compare different laps
3) Take out this annoying Invalid-Lap-Time stuff [in case you accidently go off the track]
4) Possibility to save more than one setup per car & track
5) Possibility to change car setup during time-trials
6) Ingame-Options [e.g turning on/off certain graphic/gameplay settings]
7) PaintShop/creating custom liveries on console
8) Spotter who informs you about opponents on the left/right of your car [blind spot]

Machinist90
15-05-2015, 19:45
possibility to make practice,qualifying and race length as long as you want in career mode,some races feel way too short which makes tire wear and fuel usage unnoticeable

HighBooster
15-05-2015, 20:24
It would be nice to have the complete Nurburgring track from 24 hours's event.

It will also complete the Nurb series.

RetroNooB
15-05-2015, 23:54
My ultimate suggestion is that SMS go after official F1 and WRC licences and show codemasters how its done, all official tracks, all official cars, including historical content, and an official car/track pack every year to add new season content would be awesome.

Martin03
16-05-2015, 01:01
After playing some LMP2 and LMP1 racing then my main requast for this game is formation lap. Since then we will have manuel start on rolling start, the rolling start in this game is terrible...There is boring when the race start and the AI have placed youre car on the outside, with 2wheels almost on the grass and in 1st gear...

CRWDPLESA
16-05-2015, 06:49
First up, great game. Just a couple of things im in agreeance with. 1. More post race information eg. Lap times. 2. Puntures or tyre blow outs. 3. Multi class races would be awesome. Now a new request. Ive heard in the upcoming dlc you are releasing new cars, within these is the ford falcon fg v8 supercar. Great addition for all the australian players out there and was wondering if you could add the holden vf commodore, nissan altima L33, Mercedes E63 and Volvo polstar S60 V8 supercars as well as they will get a big cheer from your australian gamers. Cheers and keep up the good work

mister dog
16-05-2015, 08:32
Additionally, I can not update this every hour, but I will, at the very least, update this thread once a day (usually evening) with all your comments, suggestions and ratings.

4 days overdue mr owls :friendly_wink:

TheLastRezort
16-05-2015, 09:39
I would love to see a safety car, and animated pit stops.
Side note: I think the triple monitor support is not possible because of the aspect ratio lock on Consoles. I think it is there to not give some players an advantage on things like FPS games and such.

SeaNNyT
16-05-2015, 09:47
1. A braking only line.

2. Better race weekend and race online options for races
- Setting a race by time instead of just laps (in 5 minute intervals)
- Being able to set which classes are participating in a multi-class event

jimmyb_84
16-05-2015, 11:32
I support/vote for the following suggestions;

Multi-Class Races
Friend Leaderboards
View all Track Lap Records
Mute All (some of the things people say is offensive)
Timed Races

My suggestion, display which player/car had fastest race lap in career mode and online.

JohnyHerbertLovesCake
16-05-2015, 12:01
wouldn't mind being able to adjust controller settings in the free practice pits rather than having to exit out. And being able to adjust the other options settings in-game, like audio for instance, would be helpful.

mkstatto
16-05-2015, 13:10
Can we stop suggesting features until the game is fixed?

y_mid
16-05-2015, 13:19
Is anyone suffering from screen freeze whilst in multiplayer? I can't tell whether it's certain servers or the players joining that does it. Also there's massive screen tearing in replay mode.

talby71
16-05-2015, 13:22
really should have a option to sort the leaderboards so you can compare to friends

a braking only line too would be nice

Luke Townsend
16-05-2015, 13:42
Idea would be to show above the list of multiplayer lobbies a line that says "Suggested Tracks of the Week:" followed by 4 (or however many) tracks. The suggested tracks change each week.

Anyone creating an online race could still choose any track they want. These tracks will just be suggestions so people can practise them knowing they are likely to feature quite a lot that week. Knowing braking points etc. could create better, closer racing with less turn 1 crashes etc.

Luke Townsend
16-05-2015, 14:10
Another suggestion please as I could not see it in the list on the first post: Multiplayer lobby list - Show car type if only one type selected, e.g. show "Clio Cup" if only Clio Cup instead of just "Touring". Show number of laps instead of short/long (what do short and long actually mean?)

BloodCat
16-05-2015, 14:31
Anybody mentioned missing race engineer and equally missing telemetry in replays yet? :)