PDA

View Full Version : North America PSN Question

cwinnbari
07-05-2015, 22:59
Hi,

Will pCars be available in the North American PSN store at launch?

I heard that Sony NA has an 8 week advance for pre-orders which is why we were unable to pre-order / load. Will that be affecting release or is that a separate requirement and we'll be able to order/download on Tuesday.

Thanks!!!

All the videos look awesome! Great work, I'm pumped to play!

theitch21
08-05-2015, 08:23
That's a great question. When??? I've been sending Twitter and Facebook messages for 2 weeks with no reply. I'm getting to the stage that I feel I don't won't it as it appears clear that the developers couldn't care less. Tell us something, or at the very least ensure that we will get the same perks as preordering.

Pyrocy779
08-05-2015, 08:37
yea, i've sent a few messages via twitter and facebook as well for the past month. uk and eu pre-order went up about a month ago, so that makes no sense why it wouldn't go up for the us one at the same time.

danowat
08-05-2015, 09:32
Why not just buy it from the EU PSN?

Joven
08-05-2015, 11:24
Tell us something, or at the very least ensure that we will get the same perks as preordering.

Their hands are tied on some parts as to why they can't talk about it, but it has been said/confirmed that the digital version comes with the same perks as preordering.

JessicaWalter
08-05-2015, 11:53
Why not just buy it from the EU PSN?

because we'd need a separate psn account id and any dlc we got would have to be from that id and the eu psn store, so if we wanted any paid dlc we'd have to pay in pounds. also, having a seperate id would mean refriending everyone (im sure theyd all have room for extra friends tho, since the ps4 can have like 2000 i think)

if any of this is incorrect please correct me, but as far as i know that's how that would work.

johnpro
08-05-2015, 15:34
Some one posted on reddit hope its true.

Hey [iceman741],

Thanks for your email.

It doesn’t look like we’re going to have a preorder on the US Playstation Store, sadly. It turns out that for preorders to be accepted on the Store, we need to apply for a spot eight weeks in advance. Because of the moving release date, we were unable to do that. Once the game had gone Gold, we felt it more important to get the game out there rather than delay just to lock in preorders.

Unfortunately, we can’t secure a slot now. Lord knows, I’ve tried. I know it’s a pain in the neck, and we are doing what we can – but our powers are limited! Really appreciate the support, though.

Once the game is available via the US Playstation Store, bear in mind that our digital versions come with both the Limited Edition and Modified Car Packs – so you’re not losing out on any preorder content.

Thanks, and hope to see you on the track, Pete.

TL;DR - No preorder, but we still get the car packs. Sigh of relief.

Aldo Zampatti
08-05-2015, 16:21
because we'd need a separate psn account id and any dlc we got would have to be from that id and the eu psn store, so if we wanted any paid dlc we'd have to pay in pounds. also, having a seperate id would mean refriending everyone (im sure theyd all have room for extra friends tho, since the ps4 can have like 2000 i think)

if any of this is incorrect please correct me, but as far as i know that's how that would work.

This is true Jessica.

Hey [iceman741],

Thanks for your email.

It doesn’t look like we’re going to have a preorder on the US Playstation Store, sadly. It turns out that for preorders to be accepted on the Store, we need to apply for a spot eight weeks in advance. Because of the moving release date, we were unable to do that. Once the game had gone Gold, we felt it more important to get the game out there rather than delay just to lock in preorders.

Unfortunately, we can’t secure a slot now. Lord knows, I’ve tried. I know it’s a pain in the neck, and we are doing what we can – but our powers are limited! Really appreciate the support, though.

Once the game is available via the US Playstation Store, bear in mind that our digital versions come with both the Limited Edition and Modified Car Packs – so you’re not losing out on any preorder content.

TL;DR - No preorder, but we still get the car packs. Sigh of relief.

And this is also true as it was a Pete Morrish's (SMS producer) statement. I don't have the pre-order option also down here so still a few more days until the 12th for PS4. Luckily my PC and laptop both rocks with PCARS while waiting :D

BlkBullitt
08-05-2015, 16:37

Hey [iceman741],

Thanks for your email.

TL;DR - No preorder, but we still get the car packs. Sigh of relief.If that is true then I'll let my $5 pre order at game stop just sit there and get it from the Store. I'll just make sure it's downloading while I'm at work so I can play when I get home.

Aldo Zampatti
08-05-2015, 17:05
That is true, still, you won't be able to pre-order digitally.
Personally, I like boxed copies :)

johnpro
08-05-2015, 18:07
If that is true then I'll let my $5 pre order at game stop just sit there and get it from the Store. I'll just make sure it's downloading while I'm at work so I can play when I get home.

yeah mine as well go digital, im a hard copy person, but sometimes theres a deal to hard to pass up, but with PCars its more about getting more cars since in my opinion the car list is rather small.

GenBrien
08-05-2015, 18:28
but are we going to have both DLC included with the boxed copy?

I already paid it full price @EBgames last month. Wondering if I must cancel or keep it?

johnpro
08-05-2015, 20:30
but are we going to have both DLC included with the boxed copy?

I already paid it full price @EBgames last month. Wondering if I must cancel or keep it?

EB Games, that isnt not US any more, im pretty sure. If you ordered a limited edition hard copy in what ever country you are in. then you will get both DLC. Its only us in USA who have to get it digitally in order to get the limited edition car pack because limited edition never went on sale for hard copy in USA. At least not when i looked. If it did it was a truly limited edition because i have been looking since 2014 with no luck. Just never released a hard copy of limited edition in USA i guess.

GenBrien
08-05-2015, 20:38
there was no boxed limited edition for all NA.

NeoAkane
09-05-2015, 13:13

Almost everything is correct here. Having a separate ID doesn't mean you have to refriend everyone.
You can have an EU account, download all the content with that account and set your PS4 as primary to that account. Then you can start the game with your original account (non-EU) and all the content will be unlocked for use.

My own case for example: Driveclub Season Pass (Bought with EU account) - Driveclub Game (EU version) - PS4 set as primary for EU account = Trophies, Saves, DLC content, Multiplayer events that require DLCs etc. are all available to my original Brazilian Account.

cwinnbari
11-05-2015, 02:21
Playstation Added Project Cars to their release slate for this week so my questions been answered and confirmed.

Sir Green Day
11-05-2015, 02:26
No.

Ian Bell from SMS has stated this.

They didn't get back to Sony before the 8 week window, so no preorder for PS4.

GrimGrnninGhost
11-05-2015, 02:33
Playstation Added Project Cars to their release slate for this week so my questions been answered and confirmed.

Where did they say this specifically? I have yet to see anything confirmed that it will be on the PlayStation Store on 5/12 for North America. Do you have a link?

cwinnbari
11-05-2015, 02:35
Right, My question was whether it would be on the PSN store on the release date. I asked if it would......

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/05/10/the-drop-new-playstation-games-for-5122015/

Sony listed it for release on the 12th. So we can't pre-order however it will be uploaded day of, there was concern here and reddit that it wouldn't be.

GrimGrnninGhost
11-05-2015, 02:51
^ Many thanks for the info.

blackops
12-05-2015, 00:58
Almost everything is correct here. Having a separate ID doesn't mean you have to refriend everyone.
You can have an EU account, download all the content with that account and set your PS4 as primary to that account. Then you can start the game with your original account (non-EU) and all the content will be unlocked for use.

My own case for example: Driveclub Season Pass (Bought with EU account) - Driveclub Game (EU version) - PS4 set as primary for EU account = Trophies, Saves, DLC content, Multiplayer events that require DLCs etc. are all available to my original Brazilian Account.

how do you go about setting up a sub account for the EU? I tried I thought but only allows me to stay within the USA.

NeoAkane
12-05-2015, 12:18
how do you go about setting up a sub account for the EU? I tried I thought but only allows me to stay within the USA.

blackops, sorry, what do you mean by "only allows me to stay within the USA"?

The way this works is pretty simple. You gotta have/create a second PSN account (no Sub account), that you're going to use to buy the Games/DLCs/Themes, from the region you wish to buy from.
Then you just gotta set the PS4 as the primary system to this second PSN account and that's it.
Steps: Settings->PlayStation™Network/Account Management->Activate as Your Primary PS4

You don't even need to be logged into this second account to be able to enjoy the content on your first PSN account.
Be careful with DLCs because they're region-locked. EU DLCs only work in EU Games, US DLCs only work in US Games and so on. There are a few exceptions though.

blackops
12-05-2015, 12:27
NeoAkane thanks. I kind of figured it out and stumbled on it sort of but not totally. Your notes make sense as well. If my US account is setup as primary PS4, can I also just set the EU account as the primary PS4 as well and have them both be the primary?

What will I run into if I deactivate my US account as primary and only have the EU one as primary now?

I have another off topic question, I assume you have the limited edition as well. When you redeemed your code did you vehicles from the LE Car pack show up?
Since I noticed the Lykan Supercar that was promised for the latest game delay was not available at all in the US store. But when I created the EU account it was showing up in the EU account playstation store through ProjectCARS. So was wondering if I use the car pack code, how long or when will the cars show up?

blackops
12-05-2015, 12:28
blackops, sorry, what do you mean by "only allows me to stay within the USA"?

The way this works is pretty simple. You gotta have/create a second PSN account (no Sub account), that you're going to use to buy the Games/DLCs/Themes, from the region you wish to buy from.
Then you just gotta set the PS4 as the primary system to this second PSN account and that's it.
Steps: Settings->PlayStation™Network/Account Management->Activate as Your Primary PS4

You don't even need to be logged into this second account to be able to enjoy the content on your first PSN account.
Be careful with DLCs because they're region-locked. EU DLCs only work in EU Games, US DLCs only work in US Games and so on. There are a few exceptions though.

NeoAkane....that was because I was trying to create a sub account under my master account which is a USA account. I did not know you were meaning a new user account which then I would be able to change the location. That was my bad and misunderstanding.

NeoAkane
12-05-2015, 21:15
NeoAkane....that was because I was trying to create a sub account under my master account which is a USA account. I did not know you were meaning a new user account which then I would be able to change the location. That was my bad and misunderstanding.

No problem :)
And answering your questions: Your account is not defined as primary or secondary or anything like that, the PS4 is. That means that you can set the PS4 as primary to as many accounts as you want.
It's like a house. Imagine a family consisting of father, mother and son. The house is the PS4 and any of the three members (users) of the family can call that house "my house". I hope your understand this. lol

I'm sorry but I think I can't help you much with the codes. :/
(I pre-ordered the Limited Edition (EU Version) but the retailer said that he didn't receive any copy of Project Cars for PS4 and none of the other retailers of this city did as well, so I had to wait until today to buy digitally with everything included (Modified Car Pack and Limited Edition Car Pack).)

The Lykan should be available now for the US folks, and If you use the Car pack code to redeem the cars, assuming it's the EU version of it, you just have to download and set the Ps4 as primary to your EU account and when you start the game, either in a EU or US User account, the cars will be there right away.

blackops
12-05-2015, 21:25
No problem :)
And answering your questions: Your account is not defined as primary or secondary or anything like that, the PS4 is. That means that you can set the PS4 as primary to as many accounts as you want.
It's like a house. Imagine a family consisting of father, mother and son. The house is the PS4 and any of the three members (users) of the family can call that house "my house". I hope your understand this. lol

I'm sorry but I think I can't help you much with the codes. :/
(I pre-ordered the Limited Edition (EU Version) but the retailer said that he didn't receive any copy of Project Cars for PS4 and none of the other retailers of this city did as well, so I had to wait until today to buy digitally with everything included (Modified Car Pack and Limited Edition Car Pack).)

The Lykan should be available now for the US folks, and If you use the Car pack code to redeem the cars, assuming it's the EU version of it, you just have to download and set the Ps4 as primary to your EU account and when you start the game, either in a EU or US User account, the cars will be there right away.

NeoAkane...you house analogy totally made sense to me. That cleared it right up for me and I think the way I have everything setup right now is correct. A US and EU account, both set as activated primary PS4 under the respective account.

Yeah I ordered the Limited Edition copy of PC from Amazon Germany and had it expedited shipping over to me in the states. Just so I could get the Limited Edition Car Pack. So that is where I am stuck.
I tried redeeming the DLC code with my US PSN account but it was not valid, found out that it was probably because of the region. Once I found out how to and created EU account (thanks by the way) I tried to redeem the LE DLC code with my EU account and it worked. It downloaded and installed (see image below) the LE Car pack but none of the cars show up in the game or in the garage at all.

So no idea what I need to do in order for the cars to show up in the game at all.

Are your cars from your car pack showing up in the game for you?

Yeah the car pack DLC code was redeemed using the EU account and both my EU and my US account are set as primary PS4. I have also tried to deactivate my US account and that did not change a thing as the cars still did not show up at all. So I went back and set both my account EU and US to primary PS4 in settings.

NeoAkane
12-05-2015, 21:28
NeoAkane...you house analogy totally made sense to me. That cleared it right up for me and I think the way I have everything setup right now is correct. A US and EU account, both set as activated primary PS4 under the respective account.

Yeah I ordered the Limited Edition copy of PC from Amazon Germany and had it expedited shipping over to me in the states. Just so I could get the Limited Edition Car Pack. So that is where I am stuck.
I tried redeeming the DLC code with my US PSN account but it was not valid, found out that it was probably because of the region. Once I found out how to and created EU account (thanks by the way) I tried to redeem the LE DLC code with my EU account and it worked. It downloaded and installed (see image below) the LE Car pack but none of the cars show up in the game or in the garage at all.

So no idea what I need to do in order for the cars to show up in the game at all.

Are your cars from your car pack showing up in the game for you?

Yeah the car pack DLC code was redeemed using the EU account and both my EU and my US account are set as primary PS4. I have also tried to deactivate my US account and that did not change a thing as the cars still did not show up at all. So I went back and set both my account EU and US to primary PS4 in settings.

Then, start the game with your EU account and see if they show up there. After that, close the game and start it again with your US account, that should fix it. Let me know if this works!

blackops
13-05-2015, 02:52
NeoAkane...nope, did not have to try that at all. Since I have already tried that.
I tried starting the game with my EU account after I redeemed the code. I looked for the vehicles and there was none there. I decided to check and start the game in the US account to see if maybe restarting would do it, nope nothing there. Went back and tried the EU account starting game again and still nothing.
I have tried starting the game at least a dozen times and no cars from the car pack are showing up. So that is why I am confused even more.