PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Can't exit the Steam after end of the game

Tarantul
07-05-2015, 23:02

What's going on? Can't exit the Steam client after game exit, can't restart the game either! Only exit out Steam through Ctrl+Alt+Del!

Tried to reinstall Steam client and Project Cars content - same thing.

Other Steam games (Assetto Corsa, Kerbal Space Program, Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon, etc.) works just fine.

Windows 8.1 64x on ordinal PC.

Morgan Henstridge
08-05-2015, 00:17
If you open Windows Task Manager, (right click on Task Bar), can you see the Project cars executable still in the list of Programs??

Tarantul
08-05-2015, 00:36
No, it isn't there, only Steam app process. So it seems it is closed. But Steam says opposite.
Steam is present there, yes, so I can at least close it thou the Task Manager (I can't do it normal way cause of Project CARS messages), but let's agree it's a very unusual way to close it. I could blame the Steam client, but other apps works ok (can add to already mentioned also Space Engeneers and Raceroom Race Experience). It seems only Project CARS leave some process after itself that prevent app closing, but I can't see it in Task Manager. I can provide any additional info if needed.

PanterACFH
08-05-2015, 00:53

What's going on? Can't exit the Steam client after game exit, can't restart the game either! Only exit out Steam through Ctrl+Alt+Del!

Tried to reinstall Steam client and Project Cars content - same thing.

Other Steam games (Assetto Corsa, Kerbal Space Program, Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon, etc.) works just fine.

Windows 8.1 64x on ordinal PC.

I have the same problem.
Everytime you change a visual setting, I need to quit the game, open task manager, force quit the steam bootstrapper or whatever it is, then reload steam, then reload pCars.
P.I.T.A !

PanterA ... Forever Stronger Than All

ironik
08-05-2015, 00:57
Thanks for the feedback guys.
That's weird, never had this.

I'm sure the devs will check that.

Could you provide a log? (Usually it's in the documents/project cars/dgbsession)

I'm not sūre it's still there since release

DUST2DEATH
08-05-2015, 01:03
Have you tried.

- Disabling UAC.
- run steam/pcars as Administrator

?

Alan Dallas
08-05-2015, 01:07
Running Steam as Administrator should fix that quit problem. At least it did for me long long ago.

PanterACFH
08-05-2015, 01:17
Have you tried.

- Disabling UAC.
- run steam/pcars as Administrator

?

Yep, UAC is off.
Set all pcars exe's to administrator and also steam exe as administrator.
No log files in my documents/project cars/ folder anywhere

DUST2DEATH
08-05-2015, 01:33
silly question, but your local user account on windows is also part of the administrators group correct?

Roger Lee
08-05-2015, 01:56
Try updating your logitech profiler to the latest version. I had this issue a long time ago and pCARS was having conflicts with the very old version of the logitech profiler.

Uninstall it just to see if it does the trick and go pick up the most recent version if it does. I'm 90% sure that's your problem.

PanterACFH
08-05-2015, 02:13
Try updating your logitech profiler to the latest version. I had this issue a long time ago and pCARS was having conflicts with the very old version of the logitech profiler.

Uninstall it just to see if it does the trick and go pick up the most recent version if it does. I'm 90% sure that's your problem.

Ok, will give that a go tonight after work.

DreamWeaver
08-05-2015, 07:42
Try exiting pcars e.g. from the driver network screen and avoid exiting from the default menu screen.

Jan Studenski
08-05-2015, 08:00
Okay maybe sounds weird - if every suggestion above this one fails, try this:

Disable Steam Overlay for Project CARS

Had a weird bug that somehow reminds me of this one here that was caused by Steam Overlay

Tarantul
08-05-2015, 10:46
Thanks for the support guys!

Especially thanks for advice about Logitech soft. I've got Logitech Gaming Software 5.10.127 which seems to be a latest version, but noticed that in Task Manager there is "Logitech Wingman Event Monitor". (My wheel is Driving Force Pro, not Wingman, but soft is anyway named this way :)) If I shut it down manually, Steam closes normally.

So I uninstalled LGS and download it from site (same version, 5.10.127), install - and yes! PCars exit and all closes correctly. So if anyone is struggling same problem, my advice is to reinstall Logitech software.

DreamWeaver
08-05-2015, 11:31
Unfortunately I just learned that my own advice doesn't always work either. And yes, I already start steam as admin.

Jan Studenski
08-05-2015, 20:25
Thanks for the support guys!

Especially thanks for advice about Logitech soft. I've got Logitech Gaming Software 5.10.127 which seems to be a latest version, but noticed that in Task Manager there is "Logitech Wingman Event Monitor". (My wheel is Driving Force Pro, not Wingman, but soft is anyway named this way :)) If I shut it down manually, Steam closes normally.

So I uninstalled LGS and download it from site (same version, 5.10.127), install - and yes! PCars exit and all closes correctly. So if anyone is struggling same problem, my advice is to reinstall Logitech software.

Plz mark the thread as [SOLVED]

PanterACFH
08-05-2015, 21:12
Ok, will give that a go tonight after work.

Thanks for the suggestion, it worked for me.
I found that I had two logitech gaming softwares installed, 5.x and 8.x
I uninstalled both, downloaded latest one from Logitech for Windows 8.1 64bit which was 5.10
Can now reload the game after exiting it, without having to force quit steam bootstrapper.