PDA

View Full Version : Triple screen configuration

bhobbart
07-05-2015, 23:06
Can someone please tell me where I can configure my triple screen setup? I cannot find anything to do with rendering each screen separately so right now it has that awful fish-eye appearance. I am not a fish ;)

Thanks for your help.

p.s. This for a PC btw. I'm running triple 24" monitors on a 780Ti.

JPhutch
07-05-2015, 23:11
I'm looking for the same help

noshog
07-05-2015, 23:53
I need triple screen set up help too, side monitors dont align with center monitor properly. Not sure if thats a render each screen seperately thing, but I guess all help is appreciated.

Beans
08-05-2015, 00:04
Can someone please tell me where I can configure my triple screen setup? I cannot find anything to do with rendering each screen separately so right now it has that awful fish-eye appearance. I am not a fish ;)

Thanks for your help.

p.s. This for a PC btw. I'm running triple 24" monitors on a 780Ti.
At this time, all you can do is adjust the FOV in game. There are many cameras you can adjust the FOV under Options/Camera Check out the different effects under the Movement tab as well ;)

Beans
08-05-2015, 00:10
I need triple screen set up help too, side monitors dont align with center monitor properly. Not sure if thats a render each screen seperately thing, but I guess all help is appreciated.

Are you using Eyefinity or Nvidia? Is the correct resolution for your setup being displayed in game?

paynemaster
08-05-2015, 00:13
Just putt the field of view to 119. that helped for me

noshog
08-05-2015, 00:15
Eyefinity, pretty sure everything is correct, 5760x1080 from memory.

Beans
08-05-2015, 00:21
Eyefinity, pretty sure everything is correct, 5760x1080 from memory.

Unfortunately I have no experience with Eyefinity, but I will do my best to find some answers. Can you describe more the issue. does the image not go all the way to one or the other monitor on the sides?

Beans
08-05-2015, 00:25
There is a little help in setting FOV in this vid so I'll post it for those interested

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmVQzEMtBmo

noshog
08-05-2015, 00:35
Unfortunately I have no experience with Eyefinity, but I will do my best to find some answers. Can you describe more the issue. does the image not go all the way to one or the other monitor on the sides?

Image fills all three screens as it should. It's where they all meet up that isn't quite lined up properly...I guess you could say it looks like the side monitors images look like they are a few millimeters higher than the center image.
I will try adjust FOV again to see if it makes a difference.
May as well ask...are there any plans to properly implement triple screen adjustments, kind of like iRacing and Assetto Corsa for example ?

Beans
08-05-2015, 00:45
Image fills all three screens as it should. It's where they all meet up that isn't quite lined up properly...I guess you could say it looks like the side monitors images look like they are a few millimeters higher than the center image.
I will try adjust FOV again to see if it makes a difference.
May as well ask...are there any plans to properly implement triple screen adjustments, kind of like iRacing and Assetto Corsa for example ?

Have you made any bezel corrections in the eyefinity driver? I can't speak for SMS, but I do believe it is in their best interest to give us the best experience possible. Many of the staff use triple screens as well.

noshog
08-05-2015, 01:11
Have you made any bezel corrections in the eyefinity driver? I can't speak for SMS, but I do believe it is in their best interest to give us the best experience possible. Many of the staff use triple screens as well.

Yea I have that set up as good as I can. When I first played iRacing or AC it needed a couple of tweaks in game to get everything lined up properly.
I will try adjusting the FOV again when I get home from work, to see if I can get the images to line up a bit closer. It's not very far out at the moment, just enough to be a little confusing when looking for a corner on the side monitors.
Cheers for trying to help :)

FatnSlo
08-05-2015, 01:41
You will never be able to get everything to line up without triple screen settings in the game.

Mahjik
08-05-2015, 01:53
Make sure to use your "bezel adjusted" resolution in the game options.

Beans
08-05-2015, 02:06
Yea I have that set up as good as I can. When I first played iRacing or AC it needed a couple of tweaks in game to get everything lined up properly.
I will try adjusting the FOV again when I get home from work, to see if I can get the images to line up a bit closer. It's not very far out at the moment, just enough to be a little confusing when looking for a corner on the side monitors.
Cheers for trying to help :)

I have never had that issue with Nvidia surround, I'm wondering if it's something that can be adjusted in the driver just because Eyefinity has the option of using six monitors and maybe there is an adjustment for up and down were as Nvidia obviously wouldn't need an adjustment for that.

noshog
08-05-2015, 03:08
Make sure to use your "bezel adjusted" resolution in the game options.

Sorry for the noob type questions...Is there an option for that in Pcars, or do you mean eyefinity and Pcars resolution are set as the same. If the latter then yes all resolutions are set as the same (5760x1080).

I have never had that issue with Nvidia surround, I'm wondering if it's something that can be adjusted in the driver just because Eyefinity has the option of using six monitors and maybe there is an adjustment for up and down were as Nvidia obviously wouldn't need an adjustment for that.

It's not really an up and down adjustment going by experiences in iRacing and AC. When for example I first got AC I had the same issue, but adjusted in game settings from 59 to 61deg side monitor angle and it lined everything up perfectly.

Again thanks everyone for their input, once work and family commitments are taken care of I'll have a tinker with eyefinity and FOV again and report back.

ZiggyUK
08-05-2015, 03:25
Eyefinity has Bezel Compensation somewhere in it's setup software

edit: Found something see below

http://media.bestofmicro.com/Y/Z/463931/original/amd-set-up-1.jpg

Also for helmet cam most of us have been using 110 FOV as standard for the last few years

Beans
08-05-2015, 03:30
I actually setup bezel correction and make custom resolutions from the Nvidia control panel or driver. I also am able set the Hz (refresh rate) according to the monitors capability. I would think that ATI has similar capabilities in it's driver settings, maybe you can adjust deg. angle. within it.

In the game under options/visuals/performance at the top there are many resolutions to choose from

Mahjik
08-05-2015, 03:32
Sorry for the noob type questions...Is there an option for that in Pcars, or do you mean eyefinity and Pcars resolution are set as the same. If the latter then yes all resolutions are set as the same (5760x1080).

In the Eyefinity setup, you can configure your bezel correction. The amount of correction will increase your resolution (say you normally have 5760x1080, with bezel correction it may be 5820x1080). After setting the bezel correction in Eyefinity, you will have that as an available resolution to select (both in Windows and pCARS).

bhobbart
08-05-2015, 03:41
@Beans - thanks for the information. That is very disappointing and I very much hope SMS are prioritizing this feature. To be honest, without proper triple screen support PCars can never be regarded as a sim.

The bezel correction through GPU drivers will help a little but will cost in fps due to the increased render target. The real problem however is the massive distortion that occurs in the side monitors without full triple support. That for me is a complete immersion killer and will unfortunately put PCars on the shelf for me until it is fixed. I hope that doesn't take too long.

ZiggyUK
08-05-2015, 03:41
This will help as well. Page 4 but mostly page 5

Eyefinity Software Setup (http://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/amd-eyefinity-3-panel-mixed-resolution-review,4.html)

Erwan960
08-05-2015, 03:58
Although rendering individualized on three screens is not yet available, it is still possible as stated some posts above to get a satisfactory rendering by playing with the FOV.

One example with my configuration :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNLIlsGkqBk

ZiggyUK
08-05-2015, 04:03
The bezel correction through GPU drivers will help a little but will cost in fps due to the increased render target. The real problem however is the massive distortion that occurs in the side monitors without full triple support. That for me is a complete immersion killer and will unfortunately put PCars on the shelf for me until it is fixed. I hope that doesn't take too long.

It depends on just how you set everything up. I live to have it so I cannot see the offside mirror and that I have to turn my head slightly (TrackIR) to see in that mirror. With a FOV at 105110 then it is fine

However I appreciate using an external view is different

bhobbart
08-05-2015, 04:20
I guess it depends on what each of us find satisfactory. For example, Erwan's video above shows a setup with a very shallow side monitor angle which will help mask the distortion but even so there is still severe distortion evident. My setup allows for a real FOV of 157. Setting anything close to that in PCars gives terrible results. I could reduce the FOV as has been suggested but there will still be mega-distortion and the FOV being presented will no longer be realistic anyway.

At the end of the day there is a reason driving sims go to the trouble of implementing full triple screen support including separate rendering. It is simply necessary to produce a realistic image. The only alternative I can think of with the current support in PCars is to line up the monitors with no angle whatsoever. Then the image would probably look undistorted but would obviously have a much smaller FOV and largely negate the reason for using triples in the first place.

Anyway, hopefully the suggestions being posted here will help others find a satisfactory setup until such time as the feature is implemented. I'll look forward to giving PCars a spin if/when that ever happens.

noshog
10-05-2015, 19:51
I had no luck with eyefinity settings or FOV settings making much of a difference, it is playable but not having the side monitors working correctly kinda causes motion sickness.
I really hope proper triple monitor support is updated soon, I really really want to play but will probably now wait until its fixed.
It's a bit of a shame, I would've thought this should've been a release feature.... well it should be a stock feature of anyone making a 'sim' racer in this day and age !!
I guess it's my fault for not researching the game properly :(

jordanewert
12-05-2015, 20:55
Does anyone have advice on how to setup a custom resolution of 5760x1080 and get the game to recognize it? I'm using NVidia but their surround option crashes my PC so I have to find another way. In Assetto Corsa and Dirt 3 I can run custom display configs but in Project cars when I set my refresh rate to 50 in game and change my settings to "<prop name="Mode" adapter="0" width="5780" height="1920" refresh_num="50000" refresh_dem="1000" />" in My Computer/Documents/Project Cars/graphicsconfigdx11 file the game does not recognize my change, even when I edit properties and change it to read only.

I agree with everyone on here about their frustration with the lack of PC triple display support. At this point I will take a hack or workaround if I can.

zeno65
16-05-2015, 13:46
@jordanewert
Try -windowsize 5760,1080

jordanewert
17-05-2015, 03:59
Tried it. No luck yet! I've played with the windowed mode being both "0" and "1", the refresh rate matching the in game preset (1920x1080 50htz) but the screen will not stretch. Strange, shouldn't this work since NVidia is essentially forcing this screen dimension? I don't care if this method isn't true triple display, but seeing my mirrors and getting that real sense of speed from side monitors is important to me.

Howie
17-05-2015, 04:07
Cheers for trying to help :) Check your monitor settings. Most monitors will allow you to move the image up down and to the sides. The default setup may not be the same, on even three identical monitors.

Howie
17-05-2015, 04:14
Does anyone have advice on how to setup a custom resolution of 5760x1080 and get the game to recognize it? I'm using NVidia but their surround option crashes my PC so I have to find another way. In Assetto Corsa and Dirt 3 I can run custom display configs but in Project cars when I set my refresh rate to 50 in game and change my settings to "<prop name="Mode" adapter="0" width="5780" height="1920" refresh_num="50000" refresh_dem="1000" />" in My Computer/Documents/Project Cars/graphicsconfigdx11 file the game does not recognize my change, even when I edit properties and change it to read only.

I agree with everyone on here about their frustration with the lack of PC triple display support. At this point I will take a hack or workaround if I can.

How about running it in "window" mode? That's what I do. With all my racing games.

Howie
17-05-2015, 04:20
Poor gamers these days don't know what it was like, back before eyefinity and Nvidia Surround. Where there is a will, there is a way. We become reliant on the system to do it all for us, and we become helpless.

adamallen2
17-05-2015, 05:44
@Beans - thanks for the information. That is very disappointing and I very much hope SMS are prioritizing this feature. To be honest, without proper triple screen support PCars can never be regarded as a sim.

My thoughts exactly. Very disappointing as I thought this would've been a no brainer. But I guess this is the kind of stuff that separates the winners from the 'also rans' :stung: I'll be waiting.

zeno65
17-05-2015, 09:24
@jordanewert
Ok, let's see...
Activate all three displays in Nvidia Control Panel and make sure they all run same refresh rate(usually 60hz) and their native resolution. Do not modify the file graphicsconfigdx11 (make sure it has default settings). Run pcars64.exe and modify the in-game window setting to yes, save, exit the game, and enter again to make sure it runs in window mode. Now, add to the pcars64.exe file target " -windowsize 5760,1080"(obviously, without quotes), save and Run as admin.
Hope it works!

Scorpean
20-05-2015, 20:33
@jordanewert
Ok, let's see...
Activate all three displays in Nvidia Control Panel and make sure they all run same refresh rate(usually 60hz) and their native resolution. Do not modify the file graphicsconfigdx11 (make sure it has default settings). Run pcars64.exe and modify the in-game window setting to yes, save, exit the game, and enter again to make sure it runs in window mode. Now, add to the pcars64.exe file target " -windowsize 5760,1080"(obviously, without quotes), save and Run as admin.
Hope it works!

I have an nvidia triple screen setup and 5760x1080 may not be the bezel corrected resolution. My bezel corrected resolution is 6090x1080. You should see something similar in your selection list in game as well as the 5760x1080.

jordanewert
01-06-2015, 23:24
@jordanewert
Ok, let's see...
Hope it works!

Thank you for getting back to me about this! I did what you said but am confused with the last part about adding to the file target. When I modify the "pCARS64" to "pCARS64 - windowsize 5760,1080" it fails to launch when I run as admin.

Lawndarts
02-06-2015, 04:26
My screens are only at a 20 degree angle each, in nvidia surround I use bezel correction, then select the custom resolution in PCARS. I believe it's 5900x1080. My bezels are an inch combined. It works ok but I haven't messed with FOV much, the whole span in nearly 5' and I sit about 38 inches away... It's a bit to far but I'm still messing with things. I have plenty of FOV to look through hairpin turns so it's working ok. When playing I don't notice any real stretching on the side monitors. I believe my gages are also on the center screen too so there was some degree of consideration for triples.

zeno65
12-06-2015, 19:35
@jordanewert
You got it wrong!
Right-click on pcars64.exe, click Properties and the Properties window should appear.
Now in the target field, keep the already highlighted text, type space and -windowsize 5760,1080
It should look something like this: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Project CARS\pCARS64.exe" -windowsize 5760,1080
Save and Run as admin.

spankthemunkey1
12-06-2015, 21:19
have you used the bezel correction settings on your eyefinity setup in the catalyst control centre to make sure everything lines up correctly ????

spavatch
13-06-2015, 00:53
What is your framerate performance with triple screen setups, guys? In my case it's usually around 30 FPS (6048x1200 with every setting set to high) and in critical moments goes down as low as 20 FPS. Not good... :upset:

spinelli
25-07-2015, 07:10
Is pcars planning to have triple screen support? I find it bewildering that PCars doesn't have this when every sim does except R3E. Heck even some console "sims" have triple screen support like GT (you have to own 3 systems and 3 copies of the game though). I literally can't play it like this. It's severely distorted to the point where you can't use the outer monitors while driving other than some general peripheral vision - you can't actually use them to look through and line up corners and brake/throttle points because it's heavily distorted relative to the center monitor - and the peripheral view is terrible and lacking too as it's hardly improved over a single screen with the FOV adjusted just by a little...Does anyone have any idea about this?

Mahjik
25-07-2015, 13:16
Is pcars planning to have triple screen support?

Yes

kacperflak
25-07-2015, 15:16
Yes

planning?

does game not support 3 screens???????

what about this?
http://www.techspot.com/news/60389-project-cars-pc-include-option-run-12k-resolution.html

Mahjik
25-07-2015, 15:25
planning?

does game not support 3 screens???????

It doesn't support rendering 3 screens individually like iRacing or some other racing sims. It supports large single screen resolutions but this can cause some distortion on the sides which is undesirable for some triple screen users. Being able to render the screens separately can allow the game engine to adjust the viewpoint (angle) of the side screens differently from the middle screen and reduce the distortion. This is the piece that is still planned.

bhobbart
27-08-2015, 05:35
Any progress on this? I haven't seen anything in the patch release notes so far.

TassyDevil
27-08-2015, 05:43
Any progress on this? I haven't seen anything in the patch release notes so far.

Would be the icing on the cake ;)

bhobbart
27-08-2015, 05:47
For me it is not cake at all until triples are properly supported ;) Come on SMS, surprise me and deliver this in PCars1.

Mahjik
27-08-2015, 15:36

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22367-We-need-proper-triple-screen-support&p=1089470&viewfull=1#post1089470

bhobbart
27-08-2015, 15:38
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22367-We-need-proper-triple-screen-support&p=1089470&viewfull=1#post1089470

Thanks Mahjik. I hope that means they are working on it for PCars1, not 2.

McClusky
27-08-2015, 16:06
I run triples and I know what you guys are saying about distortion but it doesn’t bother me as my focus in on my center screen while driving although having a huge passenger mirror is kinda sucky but again my focus is in the center 98%ish of the time.

Mahjik
27-08-2015, 17:21

That post has nothing to do with pCARS2. That post is specifically and only about pCARS1.

Khyber GT
28-08-2015, 00:10
it's like wishing upon a star.

bhobbart
11-12-2015, 16:31

Sadly my PCars2 suspicion has proven correct. With respect, this is a complete joke and I feel ripped off. Marketing this game as simulation is dishonest at best. Oh well, PCars will be deleted and nothing from SMS will ever see the inside of my PC again.

Szuper
13-07-2016, 19:03
What, not better triple monitor system? And NOT FIX IT??

Just try to buy this game because my triple monitor setup is ready and i see this... I dont buy this, and i dont buy PCars2... NOT!

Do you feel, really FEEL how we like wait years and years when one game is ready and their stop this build? We like, we can wait 10 years! Not hurry! :mad:

Sorry, feels bad!

Beans
14-07-2016, 01:49
What, not better triple monitor system? And NOT FIX IT??

Just try to buy this game because my triple monitor setup is ready and i see this... I dont buy this, and i dont buy PCars2... NOT!

Do you feel, really FEEL how we like wait years and years when one game is ready and their stop this build? We like, we can wait 10 years! Not hurry! :mad:

Sorry, feels bad!

The game supports triples, but not the way we wanted. SMS tried to implement it but later found that it was not possible with pCars1, so they learned from it. 90% of the games that support surround have the same issue so it's not a deal breaker for me, I really have a lot of fun playing this game.

Seelenkrank
14-07-2016, 03:18
Ian said they have a lock on the new NVidia feature some time ago.
whats up with this?

Silraed
14-07-2016, 05:20
Ian said they have a lock on the new NVidia feature some time ago.
whats up with this?

It might not be as simple to implement as NVidia implied. Or any number of things.

Seelenkrank
14-07-2016, 10:13
then a clear statement from the devs would be very nice so we can get off the dead horse and bury the hope on correct triple screen support...

Beans
14-07-2016, 11:34
The Nvidia feature SMP would be limited to Pascal GPUs anyway though, so even this would not be the support you are referring to.

konnos
14-07-2016, 11:41
I m pretty sure that is has been stated officially that proper triple screen support will not be coming for PCars1.

Beans
14-07-2016, 11:55
Yes, but I believe Seelenkrank is referring to some new tech, although it doesn't fully apply to this topic.

Mahjik
14-07-2016, 13:17
I m pretty sure that is has been stated officially that proper triple screen support will not be coming for PCars1.

This is what is being referred to:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?47531-GTX-1080-with-triple-monitors-and-simultaneous-multi-projection-question&p=1285064&viewfull=1#post1285064

As soon as there is any news, it will be posted.

Seelenkrank
14-07-2016, 13:22
The Nvidia feature SMP would be limited to Pascal GPUs anyway though, so even this would not be the support you are referring to.

if SMS would add this feature in PCars1 the next day i will buy a 1080 for this!
at the moment there is no need and i can stay at my 980TI.
and they dont re-done all the code so every GPU can handel this, but if they can add the NVidia SMP it would help many people (and i think most will buy a 1070/1080 to get proper triple view if they really want it)

Beans
14-07-2016, 13:35
if SMS would add this feature in PCars1 the next day i will buy a 1080 for this!
at the moment there is no need and i can stay at my 980TI.
and they dont re-done all the code so every GPU can handel this, but if they can add the NVidia SMP it would help many people (and i think most will buy a 1070/1080 to get proper triple view if they really want it)I believe SMP can offer benefits to VR as well, but we will have to wait and see. It's probably not that simple.