PDA

View Full Version : T500RS going nuts after the races.

dyr_gl
07-05-2015, 23:12
My wheel is acting weird, after I exit a session sometimes it starts turning alone and going to full lock, the engine keeps pushing and I have to unplug it to protect it. Sometimes it starts bouncing like crazy too after exiting a session.

The steering rotation of the wheel doesnīt change from car to car on itself and I have to adjust it in the game itself. Sometimes I exit the pits in a Formula A and I turn for the first corner but the car goes straight on because the wheel is still working with 900š of rotation.

Any advice on how to solve this?

Gopher04
07-05-2015, 23:25
Have you calibrated the wheel correctly ingame?

migss80
07-05-2015, 23:29
I have the same issues, with my T500rs wheel and so do a few friends if mine with the same wheel. It doesn't happen all the time and simple turning off an on again fixes it but I do hope that it will be looked at soon

migss80
07-05-2015, 23:31
Have you calibrated the wheel correctly ingame?
The wheel and pedals have been calibrated correctly. FFB has been adjusted various times to see if that is related, but to no avail.

dyr_gl
07-05-2015, 23:34
Same story. I did calibrate the wheel in-game. Which BTW is a bit dangerous if you know the procedure... If you press finish after holding the wheel at 90š it snaps badly.

Gopher04
07-05-2015, 23:37
The wheel and pedals have been calibrated correctly. FFB has been adjusted various times to see if that is related, but to no avail.

Are you just getting the wheel turning on its own and the bad shaking? and do you get the lack of being able to turn into corners as well?

dyr_gl
07-05-2015, 23:41
Are you just getting the wheel turning on its own and the bad shaking? and do you get the lack of being able to turn into corners as well?

On the second part, I have to be more precise: itīs just different wheel rotation, can be bigger, but can be smaller too.

Iīve had Clio Sport with Formula A steering and the opposite too. You have to park and start pressing D-pad plus mode button until you get the right rotation.

Gopher04
07-05-2015, 23:59
You have to park and start pressing D-pad plus mode button until you get the right rotation.

This is abit confusing what you are doing, when the wheel is configured correctly you should not have the need to try and alter the wheel rotation, the method with the dpad and mode key is strange, never heard of that being used before, but the way you describe not being able to go round corners makes me think you haven't set the 90š steering lock..I've used the T500 since day one and never had turning issue's, I never have to turn the wheel more than 90š when on track, once you have it configured correctly the game, the cars will all be set for that wheel.

As for the wheel turning to full lock by itself and getting alot of bouncing as you describe, have you turned up stuff like tire force and other ffb setting to their max? could you give some idea of the settings your using in the TM control panel and the ingame settings.

dyr_gl
08-05-2015, 00:05
This is abit confusing what you are doing, when the wheel is configured correctly you should not have the need to try and alter the wheel rotation, the method with the dpad and mode key is strange, never heard of that being used before, but the way you describe not being able to go round corners makes me think you haven't set the 90š steering lock..I've used the T500 since day one and never had turning issue's, I never have to turn the wheel more than 90š when on track, once you have it configured correctly the game, the cars will all be set for that wheel.

As for the wheel turning to full lock by itself and getting alot of bouncing as you describe, have you turned up stuff like tire force and other ffb setting to their max? could you give some idea of the settings your using in the TM control panel and the ingame settings.

The T-500 has a function where you can change manually on the go the full rotation. When I exit the pits in a multiplayer qualifying with the wrong setting, itīs the only thing I can do to save something out of it. Left + mode = next smaller rotation setting. Right + mode = next bigger rotation setting.

Yes, I did all the calibration tests including the steering one (full lock anticlockwise, click next, then holding 90š lock, click finish) before running into this trouble for the first time.

On the wheel going bananas issue, I havenīt touched anything on the FFB at all yet. Only settings I changed were car related and very basic ones (like brake balance in cars where the default is undriveable).

Gopher04
08-05-2015, 00:16
What console are you on? oh yeh PS4..doh

dyr_gl
08-05-2015, 00:35
Are you on the PC or console?

PS4

Gopher04
08-05-2015, 00:43
Ah right, ok then, now we're getting somewhere, there seems to be a problem with the PS4 which I've just found on the development forum: So its a known issue and will hopefully be sorted soon, sorry your having this problem but it is going to be fixed.

Wsp_timba
08-05-2015, 05:53
I have all problems That you describe in last Photo, my t500 is impossible play with it online. Don't turn, brutals vibrations out of runs, turn left dangerously, etc.
Only play in free session may be drive with it.
I play in Ps4

TheJuzzy
08-05-2015, 06:37
My T500 is working fine when racing , it took me an hour to set it up & now it works great . how ever it does have the other problem's as above . I'm sure it will be sorted .

Gopher04
08-05-2015, 07:22
It will be sorted as it was already identified, so hopefully for you guys in the next patch.

Wsp_timba
08-05-2015, 08:13
Will be interesting when the issues Will be solved, put here the diferents setups to work fine with the wheel. Thanks

dyr_gl
08-05-2015, 08:48
Hey Gopher, thanks for the help.

Iīm not turning against the FF motor though, I want my wheel to last and when it locks to one side it keeps pushing that way with incredible power. Will try to keep it in the center when exiting sessions, but if it starts doing funny stuff I just unplug it.

narmi47
08-05-2015, 09:00
TM are aware of this and are working on a fix, the T300 is ok but just the T500rs is affected. (ps4)

narmi47
08-05-2015, 09:00
Ah right, ok then, now we're getting somewhere, there seems to be a problem with the PS4 which I've just found on the development forum: So its a known issue and will hopefully be sorted soon, sorry your having this problem but it is going to be fixed.

this is what i was looking to quote!

Gopher04
08-05-2015, 09:12
Hey Gopher, thanks for the help.

Iīm not turning against the FF motor though, I want my wheel to last and when it locks to one side it keeps pushing that way with incredible power. Will try to keep it in the center when exiting sessions, but if it starts doing funny stuff I just unplug it.

Totally agree m8, there is no way I would force against the motor either for me that is a bad suggestion, letting it free itself when you disconnect is the way I would go as well, the 4 bolts that connect the wheel to the main shaft have been proven to be fragile sometimes and snap, I don't think you will have to wait to long for the patch, the Devs are very efficient at getting things sorted once they know the cause.

dair
08-05-2015, 12:16
Relieved to see a fix is being worked on.

Lamro101
08-05-2015, 14:37
hi guys, i've T500RS on PC, and for now no problems. Good luck and cya on track...))

dyr_gl
08-05-2015, 15:42
I have one more T-500RS bug to report.

Sometimes as you enter a session, the wheel center will reset itself like 5-10 degrees left. The car still turns left by that amount, but now the FFB center is that, so if you release the wheel it goes left. Like a damaged steering, but without having started a session.

Solved with a wheel unplug-plug.

Fanapryde
08-05-2015, 16:45
I have one more T-500RS bug to report.

Sometimes as you enter a session, the wheel center will reset itself like 5-10 degrees left. The car still turns left by that amount, but now the FFB center is that, so if you release the wheel it goes left. Like a damaged steering, but without having started a session.

Solved with a wheel unplug-plug.Same here !

Got the game today, really love it !
But the issues with my T500RS take some of the fun out... :apologetic:

emdk
08-05-2015, 17:13
My wheel is acting weird, after I exit a session sometimes it starts turning alone and going to full lock, the engine keeps pushing and I have to unplug it to protect it. Sometimes it starts bouncing like crazy too after exiting a session.

The steering rotation of the wheel doesnīt change from car to car on itself and I have to adjust it in the game itself. Sometimes I exit the pits in a Formula A and I turn for the first corner but the car goes straight on because the wheel is still working with 900š of rotation.

Any advice on how to solve this?

just update to lates firmware http://ts.thrustmaster.com/eng/index.php

Fanapryde
08-05-2015, 17:17
That seems logical, but it does not solve the problem.
My T500 has the latest firmware and it shows the same issues...

dyr_gl
08-05-2015, 18:07

It is running it already.

PHB1969
08-05-2015, 20:08
I get similar issues with turning in with cars other than karts with the T300RS. Day one patch downloaded and installed....first experienced on the Megane RS on the invitational, can't get it round corners unless speed very low and lock is over 180 degrees

Is this in game physics or wheel issues?

PHB1969
08-05-2015, 21:56
I think I have fixed this - I've set the wheel to 900 degrees via Mode and D pad, then calibrated it in the game (the calibration method seems strange - I do a full turn to left or right to get to 100, I then turn the wheel so it shows 900 degrees - the instruction says turn 90 degrees but not sure if you return the wheel to centre first).

The wheel then responds exactly as per the in car wheel rotation angle.

micgrech
08-05-2015, 23:58

Do we need to upgrade firmware if we only use the wheel on PS4?

If so, how do I do this?

Fanapryde
09-05-2015, 06:11
Yes.
Some people don't though.
Click the link to Thrustmaster site, find the most recent firmware (dec 2014) and follow instructions. There is a PDF file explaining how to proceed.
You need a PC for this and there is no need to involve the pedals in the process.
But, don't expect this update to be a solution for the issues in the game right now :)

bcfcgaz
09-05-2015, 06:57
Ok I am using a thrustmaster t300rs and am getting similar issues. Everytime I start a new race the wheel kicks over to left about 30 degrees and uses this as the centre point. If I disconnect the wheel it re centralises. This is a new wheel so do I have a faulty wheel or is it the game?

Fanapryde
09-05-2015, 08:21
It is clearly the game. I have no issues with my T500RS in other games.

dyr_gl
09-05-2015, 09:47
Another minor problem with the T500: I canīt assign the select button to any function! Same for the good old PS button that in PS4 does nothing.

There are so many things to use that losing one button is very bad. You should try to make them work for the game.

Wsp_timba
09-05-2015, 10:25
Are there any advance????? It's impossible play online with t500.

Fanapryde
09-05-2015, 10:41
Are there any advance????? It's impossible play online with t500.
I see you have the same PS4/wheel combo.
Does yout wheel work today ?
Mine does not, it calibrates on PS4 and when starting Project Cars, but afterwards nothing works, no buttons, no pedals, no wheel input. i did yesterday and the day before (apart from the known issues), but for now it is dead.
It works on PC and it works on PS3/GT6, so it is clearly not the wheel...

Sproket
09-05-2015, 14:00
I have all these problems too. Also I'm using a 4 way USB adapter for wheel, headphones, keyboard and DS4. But everything disconnects every 10 mins or so. Not great for online annoying for single player. Also sometimes between races wheel shifts slightly off centre and you have to fight again to stay in a straight line. I have to unplug and plug in again to rectify. I hope the fix comes soon because it's a great game;)

Siberian Tiger
09-05-2015, 14:05
You Guys can be sure that the DEVS are trying to replicate this Bugs and will solve this Issues...
It seems to be a Problem only on PS4 as on PC the Thrustmaster Wheels are working flawless.

I will get my PS4 Version on monday and will try to replicate and wrote down this issue as detailed as i can.

You should know that SMS is working hard! (Like they always did the last 3 Years) ;)

Fanapryde
09-05-2015, 14:11
I have all these problems too. Also I'm using a 4 way USB adapter for wheel, headphones, keyboard and DS4. But everything disconnects every 10 mins or so. Not great for online annoying for single player. Also sometimes between races wheel shifts slightly off centre and you have to fight again to stay in a straight line. I have to unplug and plug in again to rectify. I hope the fix comes soon because it's a great game;)
I should add, that my wheel is connected to the USB on PS4. on the second one I have a (externally powered) USB3 hub for TH8A shifter, DS4 pad.

dair
09-05-2015, 15:05
I see you have the same PS4/wheel combo.
Does yout wheel work today ?
Mine does not, it calibrates on PS4 and when starting Project Cars, but afterwards nothing works, no buttons, no pedals, no wheel input. i did yesterday and the day before (apart from the known issues), but for now it is dead.
It works on PC and it works on PS3/GT6, so it is clearly not the wheel...

This is most likely happening because you're using the PS4 pad on the title screen. You should be using the wheel.

dair
09-05-2015, 15:06
The main issue occurs when you exit a race. The wheel goes bonkers lol. Doo lally

Fanapryde
09-05-2015, 15:13
This is most likely happening because you're using the PS4 pad on the title screen. You should be using the wheel.thanks but no, that is not what I am doing.
Btw, the wheel has been recognized again, after connecting to PC and PS3, and after I ejected the disc and put it back in.
No idea what caused the problem.

Wsp_timba
09-05-2015, 15:16
Im recorded some videos about issues.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOD5n8gZpco

Wsp_timba
09-05-2015, 16:44
another video with more problems.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqvdnGOiteI&feature=youtu.be

AND in this link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9KYjDlJeak&feature=youtu.be could see the same video but in external view

Wsp_timba
09-05-2015, 17:03
Itīs really dangerous.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9XPswV9jAM&feature=youtu.be

Paul_Ellinas
10-05-2015, 02:23
Any news on T500RS problems ??? I was thinking to by one and don't know now if i should wait or buy another model.

Wsp_timba
10-05-2015, 06:23
I am impatient for use my t500 in my console. I only said this. I hope That nothing child put his fingers and happen what i show in my vídeos, beacuse could be an serious accident.

Equation
10-05-2015, 08:44
I have this with my PS4-version.

roddypoddy
10-05-2015, 08:51
Its obviously a T500Rs issue,which I'm sure will be fixed,mine does it,and it can be unnerving the first few times it happens.
I have grandchildren,and in case they show up when I'm not in,i make sure that the wheel is unplugged,at usb on my pc,and ps4,and at the mains end,just in case,its something I have done long before Pcars was released,be careful people,please.

Fanapryde
10-05-2015, 09:37
thanks but no, that is not what I am doing.
Btw, the wheel has been recognized again, after connecting to PC and PS3, and after I ejected the disc and put it back in.
No idea what caused the problem.
I stand corrected. Did some testing and found out that one (accidental) touch on the D-pad is enough to disable the steering wheel.
So: once you start the game, be sure the use the buttons on the wheel (T500RS) first. If not, your wheel is dead until you restart the game.

Wsp_timba
10-05-2015, 10:26
I'm trying to change settings to see if the error is corrected but it continues to malfunction .
Logically, my feelings are getting worse on a game that i had good expectations .
I hope the staff send some solution as soon as possible.
We have one of the biggest Spanish-speaking forums with participation in individual competition and people are giving bad references. This will cause a lot of damage without any doubt .

oREECEo
10-05-2015, 11:15
I stand corrected. Did some testing and found out that one (accidental) touch on the D-pad is enough to disable the steering wheel.
So: once you start the game, be sure the use the buttons on the wheel (T500RS) first. If not, your wheel is dead until you restart the game.

You can work around the without shutting down the game, unplug wheel, then plug in. Hold PS button on the controller and turn off controller, then go back to game and press X on T500rs, then you can turn on controller again. Had to do this myself no end of times.

WingedBeast1968
10-05-2015, 21:35
My T500RS doesn't work at all with Project CARS or Drive Club on PS4.
Works fine on PS3 and GT6.
I reckon patches required at both ends of the wire. :)

Actually, just tried again.
This time, I didn't use the DS4 at all. Power on the playstation with the T500RS already plugged in. It'll initialise with the PS4. Put the Project CARS disc in, and start the sim with your voice. The wheel will initialise again, and worked for me. Press x on the wheel to start the game.

Had to calibrate and fiddle with the force feedback, in game, but it was drivable.
The Ruf Porsche around Silverstone was great fun. Bloody replay was all jerky and looked like I was in 3D in places.

AlpenoStrand
11-05-2015, 10:59
I just were not careful enough after finishing a race and did injure my left thumb. The wheel did the turn left action after finishing the race. If I were living in US I could get rich now, unfortunatly I have to live with the pain only. :mad:

I like the game and I like my wheel, but I start hating the combination pCars and T500RS. It's dangerous!

Everytime I start a new race I have to unplug the T500RS because it's 10°-15° out of center. Pause game, unplug wheel, plug-in again, wait for self-calibration, press X for controller warning, continue race. Annoying!

Fanapryde
11-05-2015, 11:17
I like the game and I like my wheel, but I start hating the combination pCars and T500RS. It's dangerous!

Everytime I start a new race I have to unplug the T500RS because it's 10°-15° out of center. Pause game, unplug wheel, plug-in again, wait for self-calibration, press X for controller warning, continue race. Annoying!

Yes, (STILL) the same here. Not injured myself yet, because I know I have to be very careful, but it IS a funbreaker.
I don't even want to start a career as long as this issue is not taken care of.

I understand it being probably a whole lot of work and testing for the devs, but as it is, it needs urgent attention for all T500RS users.

Wsp_timba
12-05-2015, 06:14
Any NEWS????

garirox
12-05-2015, 07:07
we should get some information on when these issues are due to be fixed?!

micgrech
12-05-2015, 10:16
Yes, (STILL) the same here. Not injured myself yet, because I know I have to be very careful, but it IS a funbreaker.
I don't even want to start a career as long as this issue is not taken care of.

I understand it being probably a whole lot of work and testing for the devs, but as it is, it needs urgent attention for all T500RS users.

My question is..........Why wasn't this tested in the first place prior to release??

I am sure it would have been easily picked up!!

jason
12-05-2015, 21:28
Same problem here guys , me and a friend have t500s on ps4 and we have all of the above problems .

IrideGravity
12-05-2015, 23:39
TM are aware of this and are working on a fix, the T300 is ok but just the T500rs is affected. (ps4)

I have same issue with the 300. Have to unplug and let wheel recalibrate at every new track or event.

RooBoys
13-05-2015, 00:26
I have the T500RS on PS4 and have the same problems also, looking forward to the patch!

dwalldorf
13-05-2015, 09:59
Same story. I did calibrate the wheel in-game. Which BTW is a bit dangerous if you know the procedure... If you press finish after holding the wheel at 90š it snaps badly.

Yep. When I did it the first time, the paddle shifters kind of smashed my fingers. Didn't expect it to rotate back with that much force.

Vtx1312
13-05-2015, 19:33
My t500rs shakes and want to turn either left or right very fast this happens when you leave the track and go to main menu but while I am racing the wheel is great ps4

klhnikov
13-05-2015, 20:43
My T500rs work great on PC with all cars but not with karts... Wheel shakes around middle when the kart is stopped, that's strange cause it feel good during races ...

jason
14-05-2015, 01:44
for PS4 ..............................................If you cant assign buttons e.g. you just bought a f1 wheel or gt rim for your t500 YOU NEED TO UPDATE FIRMWARE @ from thrustmaster web site .

With regards to the other problems , as some one has already stated , unplug the t500 and re-plug it in and you will be fine. (a Pain I know ) as that is what I am doing at the moment .

Also awaiting patch with great anticipation.

garirox
14-05-2015, 04:22
Does anyone have an indication on how far a way any patch is for Project cars even if to just address some of the concerns?

Fre.Mo
14-05-2015, 07:13
I have similar issues.

tehbro
14-05-2015, 08:00
T500RS on PS4
Latest firmware (v43), still the same issues mentioned in previous replies. Its most likely in the game itself as other games such as DriveClub (PS4) works without any issues. This is not only not expected (game has been "tested" for so long), but also pretty dangerous, because if you leave a finger there, it can hurt you pretty bad, not to mention if it happens to some kid.
I have also seen some replies, in which users got hurt already! SMS Please put this issue a priority! Other bugs such as missing sound and others are ofcourse dissapointing, but they can't hurt you...

If you finish the race, at random times the wheel goes crazy.
If you are in kart race (EDIT: I have experienced the same problem within other races, too), at random times, before the race is started (and also within the race) wheel behaves really weird - if you slightly turn to whichever side it locks itself really hard to that side.

Wsp_timba
14-05-2015, 09:57
Iīm thinking in make a complaint to the ministry of consumer. I had advised since first day about this problem with t500 rs wheel. And we havenīt got any news.

tehbro
14-05-2015, 12:23
It's unfortunate, I really have not expected such major problems since it was delayed and more importantly it was tested for so long by many many members who contributed.

At the current state, the game is unplayable for me on PS4 - so I just bought GT6 and go play carreer until this game gets into the shape where its actually playable with T500RS.

garirox
14-05-2015, 12:53
Im in the same boat as everyone else here, can anyone see a pattern of why it does the spinning especially? mine will only do it every now and again, i try and keep the wheel perfectly straight when heading in and out of lobby's im not sure if its just me but this seems to reduce the chance of it happening

phildenty
14-05-2015, 14:57
Hi

My T500RS has been thrown off centre now.....it used to be dead straight when first plugged into the PS4.....I have used the PC Calibration and updated the firmware from the Thrustmaster website....but now when it spins when turned on the red band is about 20 degrees to the left....I have used it on the PS3 with GT6 hoping that would fix it....but to no avail.....before it was thrown out of centre it went a bit mad like the first post on here....I have contacted Thrustmaster to see if they can help.....I will update you when they reply to me.....Happy Driving chaps and chapesses

Zalex
14-05-2015, 17:35
Same with my T300Rs on PS4, after every races (online at least) It goes mad and turn himself about 45deg to the left and stay stiff this way.
I must unplug my wheel, plug it back, press equivalent of the PS button, tell PS4 it's the controler to be used, go back to game...
After every race !

Edit: Found out that sometime if I try to do the race with croocked wheel, at the end of race instead of geting worse, it goes back to normal !!!
So one race on two is bad... go figure ! lol

I hope a fix is coming soon, game is really great !
So many things I posted on racing game forums over the years and I see most of what I was looking for in a racing game all implemented in Project Cars.
A dream come true ! :)

Zalex (On PS4)

tehbro
14-05-2015, 20:04
that's terrible to hear! I guess that's it for me, I'm not gonna fire up this game until a fix is available for a PS4.

andyscott
15-05-2015, 13:38
Same with my T300Rs on PS4, after every races (online at least) It goes mad and turn himself about 45deg to the left and stay stiff this way.
I must unplug my wheel, plug it back, press equivalent of the PS button, tell PS4 it's the controler to be used, go back to game...
After every race !

Edit: Found out that sometime if I try to do the race with croocked wheel, at the end of race instead of geting worse, it goes back to normal !!!

So many things I posted on racing game forums over the years and I see most of what I was looking for in a racing game all implemented in Project Cars.

Zalex (On PS4)

My T300 RS works flawlessly with the PS4 - Try calibrating your wheel

Roninmanx
15-05-2015, 20:19
T500 work around, when a race is finished don't click on Exit, click return to race central, then click to go back. The wheel will stay straight, keep it still after you do though!

Wsp_timba
16-05-2015, 06:58
But, usually the wheel turn to top of the left before start the race,

Fanapryde
16-05-2015, 07:35
But, usually the wheel turn to top of the left before start the race,
The only "solution" I found was unplugging from PS4 and plugging in again...
But to do that, I have to crawl out of my seat each time and this issue is starting to to bother me really hard !
Come on SMS, please fix this asap !

maxis99us
18-05-2015, 08:17
Solo una parola...vegogna!!! Sono passati 11 giorni e ancora sms e thrustmaster non hanno risolto questo problema. Vergogna!!!

Just a word ... Shame !!! It's been 11 days and still sms & thrustmaster have not solved this problem. Shame !!!

Equation
20-05-2015, 09:51
Brands Hatch Indy and Formula C makes always that wheel goes maxium position.

WingedBeast1968
20-05-2015, 11:45
My T500RS doesn't work at all the Proj.CARS. Very disappointed.

Fre.Mo
20-05-2015, 12:29

have you updated your wheel with the last firmware?
When connected to the ps4 and powered on did it perform a calibration (it turns full to the right, to the left and then re-center?). If Yes launch PCars with your DS4, when the presentation page is displayed, press X on the wheel...

Wsp_timba
20-05-2015, 18:57
Are there any news about t500 rs????? Itīs incredible.

TheStigsCanadianCousin
20-05-2015, 20:51
Are you putting your console in rest mode or shutting down completely? This happened with my T300RS when resting, but when I shut it down, it doesn't happen. Sucks, but that seems to be the work around. Not sure if this is a Thrustmaster, Project Cars, of PS4 bug.

TheStigsCanadianCousin
20-05-2015, 20:55
After every race !

Zalex (On PS4)

For me the issue is putting the PS4 in rest mode. If you shut it down completely and have the wheel plugged in before booting the system, it should eliminate the problem.

WingedBeast1968
20-05-2015, 22:51
Yeah, v43 firmware on the wheel.
I tried various protocols to get it to work. No luck at all.
It works on PS3 with GT6.

WingedBeast1968
20-05-2015, 22:51
have you updated your wheel with the last firmware?
When connected to the ps4 and powered on did it perform a calibration (it turns full to the right, to the left and then re-center?). If Yes launch PCars with your DS4, when the presentation page is displayed, press X on the wheel...

Forgot the quote bit :)

Fre.Mo
21-05-2015, 05:09
Yeah, v43 firmware on the wheel.
I tried various protocols to get it to work. No luck at all.
It works on PS3 with GT6.

Bad luck, my T500 is working fine, very weard???

joking_aura
21-05-2015, 11:42

the T300 is not OK. Stop making these statements. I lose all tire forces and am left with a false center spring. I have to close the application and reenter to get tire forces. Sometimes when I do this the wheel centers at the 10 o clock position. When in tuning in free practice it will want to rock back and forth in approximate 45 degree increments. I have only had ffb work in one session. all other time in the game has been trouble shooting my wheel. I have scoured the forums and tried all sorts of settings. I have calibrated and recalibrated. Restarted my system and nothing seems to work. I believe the issue may be with the PS4 rest mode. I will try starting to get all the way out of the application and powering down the system to see if this helps.

joking_aura
21-05-2015, 11:49
My T300 RS works flawlessly with the PS4 - Try calibrating your wheel

this is even more troubling. how can some users say their wheels are working flawlessly? Seems the issue with the wheels is going to be a complicated issue to track down if only specific users are experiencing the issues. This is not a calibration issue. I can assure you. I have tried calibrating my wheel on many occasions and did not resolve my issue. As others have said I believe that the game goes bananas when you put the PS4 in rest mode and return. I will experiment this evening. I hope the fix is as simple as not using rest mode until it is sorted. Can you verify if you use rest mode and get your wheel to work flawlessly?

Sproket
21-05-2015, 21:32
I think ALL T500 / T300 users should stop playing PC until a patch is released. My T500 now is making a nasty grinding sound when it calibrates to the right. The same way it goes after returning to Race Central at a rapid rate. Managing to still have all my fingers is small mercy when I may have to replace my wheel. If it's done this damage in 2 weeks, what will happen if I keep using it??
Will SMS buy me a new T500? I think not!
And I haven't even mentioned the fact that in setup options it flickers between files like I'm tickling the gas and brake pedal which are fine and precise everywhere else.
Please get your arses in gear. This is now becoming detrimental to your reputation. Not least a Health and Safety issue!!

Skeme_DBT
22-05-2015, 02:01
Mines fine. Played over 30 hours of PCARS.

migss80
22-05-2015, 09:49

When you get to the start screen of project cars, you have to press X on the wheel, if you do it with the controller the game won't recognise the wheel

Maido
22-05-2015, 09:51
When you get to the start screen of project cars, you have to press X on the wheel, if you do it with the controller the game won't recognise the wheel

And now I have another question: isn't there a way to avoid this? I'd like to use my Momo custom wheel on my t500, but it obviously lacks any kind of button... Back on the PS3 I could use the wheel to drive and the gamepad to navigate menus, unfortunately on PS4 this doesn't seem possible anymore (Driveclub was the same).

Maido
22-05-2015, 10:11
Hopefully SMS will add the ability to use the controller at the same time as the wheel.

Since Driveclub does the same, I wonder if it's just a limitation of the PS4 (as the T500 in particular isn't "made for PS4", so to say).

Fanapryde
23-05-2015, 13:55
Well, good news for a change:
Today my T500RS was fine, no problems at all, for 4 hours in a row !

Normally when opening the game, the wheel calibrates left/right, then stops about 20° to the left.
Today not, perfectly in the middle to my surprise. Did several races in career, some invitationals, some free practice and the wheel stayed perfect, no humming, no own life, not trying to smash my fingers.
Somebody heard about changes made ?
Or have I been just lucky ?

tehbro
23-05-2015, 23:07
well, on PS4 there was no new update yet so I guess u were lucky? :)

Sproket
24-05-2015, 07:01
Well, good news for a change:
Today my T500RS was fine, no problems at all, for 4 hours in a row !

Normally when opening the game, the wheel calibrates left/right, then stops about 20° to the left.
Today not, perfectly in the middle to my surprise. Did several races in career, some invitationals, some free practice and the wheel stayed perfect, no humming, no own life, not trying to smash my fingers.
Somebody heard about changes made ?
Or have I been just lucky ?

Mine too seemed better yesterday. Mainly online for 5/6 hours. The worst thing that happened was it felt like I was being rammed in the side by another driver but no one was there! The wheel was sporadically fighting me which hasn't happened before. Simple pause and unplug fixed it. I think using the DS4 to see invitations and messages didn't help switching between. And occasionally wheel would very gently turn all the way to the right.

dair
24-05-2015, 07:58
Any updates from the dev team?

Also I agree that were should be able to use the dualshock controller at the same time.

Fanapryde
24-05-2015, 09:17
Any updates from the dev team?

Also I agree that were should be able to use the dualshock controller at the same time.
Anything !
Controller, button box, keyboard... i need more function knobs...

OctRS
24-05-2015, 19:51
Hi,

I've opened a new thread. Here my problem :

I've bougtt project cars last week with the beautiful Thrustmaster T300RS.
Everything goes perfectly since yersteday.

When I've launched the game, the wheel doesn't respond, just at the beginning, when it's the time to press X. The only button that works is the PS button.
after few reboot of the ps4 and the wheel, I decide to connect the wheel on my computer.

The wheel works perfectly in the Thrustmaster panel. I update the firmware to the last version and execute the bootloader.
I reconnect the wheel on my ps4 but I forgot the position of the side button to ps3.

I launch the game and it works but the wheel was recognized like an T500.
I stop the ps4 and switch the button to ps4 and nothing works again... the bootloader doesn't work and the wheel is unusable in the game.

toreso
26-05-2015, 06:52
You must log your wheel as controller in PS Menu on your profile.
I have the same "issue".

SuzLing2326
26-05-2015, 08:14
I am having the same issues,with my T500RS GT6 Edition and the TM Leather28 add-on wheel as well :confused:.Hopefully someone would be able to advice me on how to solve it.
Got a shock,when the the rim started spinning violently upon exit from career event.

xFUBARxUK
27-05-2015, 22:37
i also have the t300rs and have the same issue as you. Very disappointed at the moment. Hoping a patch will sort this out....i hope!!!!

Fanapryde
30-05-2015, 08:27
Come one guys PLEASE !!!
I have been playing for about 4 hrs yesterday and I lost count at about 35 times unplugging and replugging my T500RS to get it working right again !
From losing all FFB, going bezerk, slamming around, not recalibrating correctly etc (it's in topics all over this site).

I know you SMS guys have a lot of things on your mind/work to do.
I also know you may not be fond of the word NEEDS,
but this NEEDS to be fixed ASAP !
Since I'm playing PCars, I must have done the plugging/unplugging thing (calculating from my driving hours) some 500 times (or more), my wheel has suffered severe blows to its stops... this should not continue like this.
I hope you understand my gripe here ? For me (and I am pretty sure there are a lot more people suffering) this bug is our main concern and should be on top of the to do list.

SuzLing2326
30-05-2015, 09:50
I just bought TM Leather 28 add-on rim for T500,the PS button and 'Share' button are not functioning with Pcars either :(

Fanapryde
30-05-2015, 12:06
I just bought TM Leather 28 add-on rim for T500,the PS button and 'Share' button are not functioning with Pcars either :(
That would have been my next purchase... Sad to hear that does not work either... (You do have your T500 on the latest TM firmware ?)

Fre.Mo
01-06-2015, 14:38
Unfortunately, the patch 1.4 does not announce any improvement on thrustmaster wheels...

Fanapryde
01-06-2015, 15:07
Unfortunately, the patch 1.4 does not announce any improvement on thrustmaster wheels...
That is BAD news, to say the least...:grumpy:
The only thing whe hear is: "the devs know, they are working on it...."

Siberian Tiger
01-06-2015, 15:11
I don't have direct insight, but since the Thrustmaster Wheels are working correctly on PC. (i have a T500RS myself)

I think it has to be a combination of Thrustmaster/PS4/SMS and the respective Firmware...

All i can say is that SMS has worked on all things the last 3 Years, so you won't be let out in the rain.. ;)

Stevefoz
01-06-2015, 23:29
I'm a bit confused with rotation, I've been using the T500 since day one and have never changed my rotation.
I know by using the mode button and the direction that you can change the degrees of rotation.
1. Flashes of the mode light is 270°
2. Flashes of the mode light is 360°
3. Flashes of the mode light is 540°
4. Flashes of the mode light is 900°
5. Flashes of the mode light is 1080°
I personally don't have a clue when or if I should ever change from 1080°, I just go to set up screens of what ever game I've ever played and calibrate there and then drive.
Should I be changing this setting before calibrating Project Cars for a better experience ?
If anyone could explain how this works I would appreciate it, or if there is already a thread about this subject ( I did look through the forum without success).
Another thing I would like to know is does anyone know if there is a way to reset the main options back to default, I know you can reset the cars but I can't find a way to reset the main option to default.
Thanks for any advice

Equation
02-06-2015, 21:32
http://www.thrustmaster.com/it_IT/news/two-important-remarks-about-steering-wheels-ps4 These tips doesn't work with Project CARS. Tried it many times yesterday.

Here is my look when T500 go maxium position maybe 10 times yesterday and always I have to reconnect controller to fix this problem.

http://ak-hdl.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/webdr03/2013/1/23/18/enhanced-buzz-26206-1358984150-8.jpg

Recently I wanted to drive Formula B with different track but always wheel turned maxium position. I change track, start game again, connect wheel again, everything and also change class to Formula C. Quess what, same thing.

Fanapryde
02-06-2015, 21:48
http://www.thrustmaster.com/it_IT/news/two-important-remarks-about-steering-wheels-ps4 These tips doesn't work with Project CARS. Tried it many times yesterday.

Here is my look when T500 go maxium position maybe 10 times yesterday and always I have to reconnect controller to fix this problem.

http://ak-hdl.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/webdr03/2013/1/23/18/enhanced-buzz-26206-1358984150-8.jpg

Recently I wanted to drive Formula B with different track but always wheel turned maxium position. I change track, start game again, connect wheel again, everything and also change class to Formula C. Quess what, same thing.
Are they kidding ???
"NEVER disconnect and reconnect the USB plug of the wheel when your game is launched and opened"

In that case I can stop playing Project Cars until they finally fix the issues.
I have to disconnect and reconnect dozens of times each day I play. If not I have a wheel that has no feedback, or that is stuck 20° to the left or right, has no resistance one way and you need a lot of power to turn it the other way, that hums and vibrates where it should not, that slams left or right to its stops etc...etc...

ChrisK
03-06-2015, 01:05

It does say something vague but it's certainly not definitive. I've asked on the forum for some more clarity, no response. I've updated my firmware, I don't use rest mode and ive wound back the ffb so as not to push the wheel too hard. It's made no difference.

Some days the wheel works perfect and no resets are necessary. Other times it's literally at the start of every single session. It's especially frustrating just before a race cos the race starts and you're stuck on the line waiting for the reset to take place. Not only does this screw up my race but it screws up the race for everyone behind me who run up the back of my stationary car.

This is not a T300 issue as I've had zero issues with Driveclub, not a single reset required .

dyr_gl
03-06-2015, 14:59
Are they kidding ???
"NEVER disconnect and reconnect the USB plug of the wheel when your game is launched and opened"

In that case I can stop playing Project Cars until they finally fix the issues.
I have to disconnect and reconnect dozens of times each day I play. If not I have a wheel that has no feedback, or that is stuck 20° to the left or right, has no resistance one way and you need a lot of power to turn it the other way, that hums and vibrates where it should not, that slams left or right to its stops etc...etc...

I always disconnect the power. Donīt know if itīs better, worse, or the same than doing it with USB.

One thing I know for sure, if my wheel gets wrecked because of this RIDICULOUS issue that somehow went undetected despite it happening like 33% the times you enter or exit a session, either SMS or Thrustmaster are sending me a new one. And I have already noticed that, after so many restarts, thereīs a grinding noise and the wheel struggles to go past a certain point very close to full lock left.

Fanapryde
03-06-2015, 15:09
I always disconnect the power. Donīt know if itīs better, worse, or the same than doing it with USB.

One thing I know for sure, if my wheel gets wrecked because of this RIDICULOUS issue that somehow went undetected despite it happening like 33% the times you enter or exit a session, either SMS or Thrustmaster are sending me a new one. And I have already noticed that, after so many restarts, thereīs a grinding noise and the wheel struggles to go past a certain point very close to full lock left.i second that !

I got so fed up with climbing out and back in my seat (can't reach the connection while sitting) that I went out to buy a USB cable extension. Now I can uplug and plug while sitting (much easier for an old man).
And yes, I am planning the same action should my wheel get wrecked.

Eppu
04-06-2015, 07:20
Purchased Project Cars only few days ago and having similar issues - going into track menu or exiting after race T500RS goes crazy. Had to try many times before could actually race, so it happens very often. The wheel keeps pulling to left side in race if you don't fix it before driving
Restarting game or even whole PS4 does not help
Hopefully the wheel doesn't get broken, it's not exactly low-cost model

Never have had any wheel problems with Drive Club

Sorry to see that the upcoming patch doesn't help in this matter - workaround appreciated

ChrisK
04-06-2015, 07:41
Why aren't any of the devs directly answering their customers about this issue with thrustmaster wheels ? Does the new patch address these issues or not ?

Fre.Mo
04-06-2015, 12:43
Why aren't any of the devs directly answering their customers about this issue with thrustmaster wheels ? Does the new patch address these issues or not ?

yes, all wheels on all platform, will be improved in the 1.4 patch

Fanapryde
04-06-2015, 12:52
yes, all wheels on all platform, will be improved in the 1.4 patchwhich is your source ?
Because this particular issue is NOT mentioned in the 1.4 patch item list.

Fre.Mo
04-06-2015, 14:24
which is your source ?
Because this particular issue is NOT mentioned in the 1.4 patch item list.

see in the comment of the 1.4 patch topic

Again, ALL supported wheels (yes, that includes the Thrustmaster TX) on ALL platforms are improved, and we think that we are very close to parity across all platforms (which is very difficult to achieve because of how differently the platforms communicate with the hardware).

Fanapryde
04-06-2015, 15:20
see in the comment of the 1.4 patch topic
Yes, I read that, but as I understand, it is about improvements wothout further comment.
Not all wheels turn demonic in this game, so I hope it is THIS part that will get improved.

xFUBARxUK
10-06-2015, 21:45
[QUOTE=Fanapryde;965029]i second that !

I got so fed up with climbing out and back in my seat (can't reach the connection while sitting) that I went out to buy a USB cable extension. Now I can uplug and plug while sitting (much easier for an old man).
And yes, I am planning the same action should my wheel get wrecked.[/QUOTE

During calibration at first start up it now locks to the right permanently.
My T300rs wheel base is now with Thrustmaster for repairs or a new wheel base, waiting to hear from Thrustmaster engineers. Very upset.... only had the wheel for 3 months. Gutted. And guess what my spare wheel... Fanatec Porsche GT2 wheel has issues as well. ????

jason
10-06-2015, 21:47
I have a friend with a GT2 , he says it works perfectly

xFUBARxUK
10-06-2015, 21:59
I have a friend with a GT2 , he says it works perfectly

Not being disrespectful my friend...i guess he is one of the few lucky ones. As you can gather from these forums and many others, there are rather a lot of issues with racing wheels. :confused:

jason
11-06-2015, 03:06
I am one of those people my friend , I have a truck load of problems with my t500 , I wouldn't say my friend has no problem if he did have problems .

ChrisK
11-06-2015, 07:34
I know 2 people with a gt2, one that Jason knows who we were racing with last night who has no issues. Another friend I spoke to today while I was complaining about the t300 said he hasn't been able to use his gt2 for the past week and has the whole game parked until the patch. Exact same set up. Gt2 wheel, csr elite pedals. Both bought from the same place in Australia via the fanatec website. Bloody good deal it is btw.

I was so frustrated last night, Jason can vouch for that lol, I was gonna jump on the fanatec until my mate laughed and told me he had even more issues. I guess we're all being screwed over until SMS fix their beta release of PCars.

TrevorAustin
11-06-2015, 07:44

One thing I know for sure, if my wheel gets wrecked because of this RIDICULOUS issue that somehow went undetected despite it happening like 33% the times you enter or exit a session, either SMS or Thrustmaster are sending me a new one. And I have already noticed that, after so many restarts, thereīs a grinding noise and the wheel struggles to go past a certain point very close to full lock left.

The wheel is supposed to struggle ay the extreme of full left or right, so if yours has only just started doing it full left then you could well habe a wheel problem.

migss80
12-06-2015, 13:39
Update 1.04 live on ps4 and I can confirm that the T500 issue still remains, within 5 mins of starting the new update my wheel has gone to full lock apon exiting a race.

I'll sit here patiently while SMS fix the issue (over a month for the 1st update on ps4 so I guess I'll be waiting a while for the next update)

Update: the update has in fact made the issue worse, I can no longer force the wheel back to the centre as I could prior to the update.

Fanapryde
12-06-2015, 14:19
Update 1.04 live on ps4 and I can confirm that the T500 issue still remains, within 5 mins of starting the new update my wheel has gone to full lock apon exiting a race.

I'll sit here patiently while SMS fix the issue (over a month for the 1st update on ps4 so I guess I'll be waiting a while for the next update)

Update: the update has in fact made the issue worse, I can no longer force the wheel back to the centre as I could prior to the update.

What platform ?

i' m on PS4 and after some four hours of play in career: no more issues
:adoration:

tehbro
13-06-2015, 06:28

I second that, the issues still remain - and on top of that Im experiencing micro suttering after the update in online sessions with 4 or more players. Game just freeze for lets say 0.25 second at the same spots every lap. I though the patch should improve the performance, not make it worse!

Since I expected the game to be quite polished I decided to go Digital and that was a mistake. Right now its like make decision between playing the game and risking to damage the wheel or wait (and wait, and wait..). Very frustrating!

Fre.Mo
13-06-2015, 09:37
I've played 3-4 hours since the patch released and the problem seams to be gone with my t500.

Fanapryde
13-06-2015, 10:00
I've played 3-4 hours since the patch released and the problem seams to be gone with my t500.
My counter is at 11hrs after the patch now, still no more issues with my T500RS, which feels so much better than in the GT series. It's ALIVE !
Really happy with that, because the game is great now (excluded a few bugs that they are no doubt going to fix).
Thanks guys :cool:

The only thing I really miss, is enough buttons to map.
If that does not get resolved, I may have to switch to PC and forget about consoles...

CastorTroy
13-06-2015, 10:21
Good news is that after the patch it seems that my wheel isnt going crazy anymore after the race.That center spring or whatever is still there and didnt notice any difference.Also got some weird micro shaking after few races everytime when turning wheel about 30-50degrees to left.Deadzone felt better before the patch but otherwise it was allright,still enjoying the game and hope you can remove these few annoying bugs and game is going to be great.

Brian Coombes
13-06-2015, 10:27
No issues here with the my T500 since the patch, have had no erratic spins when coming out of races or in the menus.

Sproket
14-06-2015, 23:20
I've noticed when pressing x to start game wheel used to whip to centre because it was slightly off after calibrating. Now after 1.4 she gently centres herself.
I have had a couple of manic spins but no where near as many and on the odd occasion she decides to return to centre. Which helps free my fingers now. So that's a plus.
Just need to solder my potentiometer from TM which was causing the in menu flickering.

WingedBeast1968
14-06-2015, 23:24
My T500RS doesn't work at all. Tried all the startup procedures. Nothing.

copes24
15-06-2015, 01:00
I can't feel any soft steering lock after the patch. Anyone else experiencing this?

migss80
25-06-2015, 18:10
Patch notes for 2.0 update have gone live, nothing regarding the full lock issue for T500 users on ps4 :mad:

tmitch45
28-06-2015, 16:28
So I'm still having issues, wheel going crazy, dropping ffb, ffb in only one direction, car pulling to one side. This doesn't happen every time, sometimes once a night, sometimes most races? Any ideas guys?

Sproket
28-06-2015, 21:37
New thing happened today. After exiting 2nd to last hairpin on Donington GP. Wheel became almost stuck like at 45*. So you have to fight wheel to stay at 12o' clock. Returned to pit and exited seemed ok then done it again exiting parabolica at Monza. Another day off PC early. No point asking for the patch soon. COZ THE 2.0 PATCH AIN'T GONNA SORT IT:mad:

LIONITUSofSPARTA
02-07-2015, 13:23
That would have been my next purchase... Sad to hear that does not work either... (You do have your T500 on the latest TM firmware ?)

Just got my TM 28 rim yestereday, works fine

Fanapryde
02-07-2015, 14:10
Good to hear you like it.
I did not. Ordered it, tried it and send it back. It felt too small to my likings.
Off-topic mode: I now bought Fanatec V2 base/Porsche 918 RSR wheel which is 32cm diameter... :unconscious:

Redslayer
02-07-2015, 21:54
Didn't read through the whole thread, but did you make sure the wheel was set to max rotation before you calibrated it? I had heard people saying before that there rotation on GT6 would reset after every race using a TM on PS3, is it possible that's what's happening?

Maybe run a race, and then after go calibrate the wheel without touching the settings, and see what happens. I run a Fanatec so I can't test it myself. Hope they get it sorted for you, wheel issues are annoying :( I know the no FFB bug is making me not play much.

MAARTEN
06-07-2015, 21:14
I got the same problem here even after patch 2.0. Sometimes (maybe 5 out of 100) when i get out of a race and back to main menu (the second i press X to enter Race central menu from a race) my T500RS turns quickly to the max left or right and stays there. It heavily forces itself to the limit and i believe that's not good for the wheel.
To make it stop i have to unplug the USB to the wheel for a few seconds and then back in so it recalibrates.

novcze
15-07-2015, 16:10
I don't know if this is T300 RS related problem, but Formula B in Monaco acts strange, in free practice I do my setup for the car, everything is right, but when I go to time trial it looks like steering lock is decreased, every slight move with the steering wheel makes big change

silviu_chiftea84
04-08-2015, 04:54
T100 not workin?healp pleasss im ps4 gamer...thenks

jason
04-08-2015, 05:11
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22199-thrustmaster-t100-anyone&highlight=t100

You may find what you need here.