PDA

View Full Version : [PC] Race Engineer voice disappeared

anotheraznguy
07-05-2015, 23:18
The pit engineer's voice has disappeared? I double checked the settings and it is set to yes but i don't hear him anymore. I still see the box that comes up normally when he is talking however

TankSlapper
07-05-2015, 23:19
I have a similar issue. For me the radio volume is so low I can't understand what he's saying (yes, I have the radio volume at 100% in the audio section).

Morgan Henstridge
07-05-2015, 23:22
I set the other volumes in the Audio setup to High, and leave the Pit Engineer on Max.

Also with a 5.1 setup, you may be able to boost the center channel in the Audio Driver panel, if you have trouble hearing him.

Perfz
07-05-2015, 23:22
I seem to have a similar problem, also when not sure if I was supposed to hear a recorded message during tutorial memo at the bottom of the screen as there was speaker icon on the bottom right of the screen (when you visit sections on your main menu for the first time) - I heard nothing.

Morgan Henstridge
07-05-2015, 23:25
I seem to have a similar problem, also when not sure if I was supposed to hear a recorded message during tutorial memo at the bottom of the screen as there was speaker icon on the bottom right of the screen (when you visit sections on your main menu for the first time) - I heard nothing.

Did you hear any of these messages with the Speaker icon on the screen, or did you hear nothing at all from them??

What is your Audio config, number of speakers etc?? I have 5.1 and have the windows audio setup set to 5.1 and heard them as expected.

Perfz
07-05-2015, 23:33
Did you hear any of these messages with the Speaker icon on the screen, or did you hear nothing at all from them??

What is your Audio config, number of speakers etc?? I have 5.1 and have the windows audio setup set to 5.1 and heard them as expected.

I heard only menu theme - no recorded messages. It is worth noting that during the tutorial message popup time music played quieter.

I use standard setup 2.1 and it works in all other games just fine.

anotheraznguy
07-05-2015, 23:52
I am using standard 2 way speakers. I can hear the tutorial memo's just fine. All the audio settings are currently set to max.

Morgan Henstridge
07-05-2015, 23:56
I heard only menu theme - no recorded messages. It is worth noting that during the tutorial message popup time music played quieter.

I use standard setup 2.1 and it works in all other games just fine.

Verify in Windows that your Audio output is set to 2.1, as if it is set to 5.1 or similar by windows, this would be trying to play the speech in the center channel, which you do not have.

Right click on the speaker icon in the task bar > select playback devices. Select the output you are using and click on "Configure" and run through the little wizard and ensure Windows is picking up the correct number of speakers, and that it plays the test tone through them all.

Might check if the Audio Device you are using also has its own "control Panel" app, as this may also need to be set the same.

anotheraznguy
08-05-2015, 00:37
no luck for me. made sure it was 2 channel.

i guess the question is, everytime that box pops up you should hear your race engineer right?

Morgan Henstridge
08-05-2015, 00:38
I believe so.

What sound card are you using??

anotheraznguy
08-05-2015, 00:44
the built in one w/ the mobo and the correct drivers.

Morgan Henstridge
08-05-2015, 01:09
Do you have "front panel Audio" and headphones that you could use for a quick test to see if you hear the speech through them??

anotheraznguy
08-05-2015, 01:31
Same, i don't hear anything when connecting headphones to the front panel. Btw, i am testing this by doing qualifying. I see boxes whenever someone gets fastest lap and when i set fastest sector time. Is there any way you can test to make sure that you hear audio during those times as well?

Morgan Henstridge
08-05-2015, 01:42
I have not done qualifying in a while so i can not verify if those are spoken, or just provided for your information.

Try a quick race and you should definitely have the Pit Engineer talking to you.

anotheraznguy
08-05-2015, 01:52
Well well well.. Looks like the qualifying speech boxes arent supposed to come from your pit engineer. Just did a quick race and sure enough, he spoke.!

Morgan Henstridge
08-05-2015, 02:43
Good to know for future :)

anotheraznguy
08-05-2015, 03:21
i wonder if this is a glitch or was it designed that way.

Morgan Henstridge
08-05-2015, 03:32
I'm not sure. But I don't think Ben Collins recorded all the AI drivers names which would be required to have the updates in Quali for a particular driver......

But I could be wrong :)