PDA

View Full Version : SimRaceway SRW-S1 doesn't work as advertised

Carfanatic
07-05-2015, 23:23
Before buying the game I read at http://www.projectcarsgame.com/beyond-reality.html that the SimRaceway SRW-S1 works with Project cars...it doesn't. I see all the other wheels/pedals and controllers listed in the setup menu but not the SRW-S1. I only bought the game because it I seen it would work with my wheel I like so much. Looking for a fix or something I overlooked to get it to work properly. System is posted in my signature.

Joven
07-05-2015, 23:26
Did you try using the Custom Wheel profile and assigning the controls?

Aldo Zampatti
07-05-2015, 23:31
I use SRW-S1 on top of G25.

Do you use this wheel exclusively? or do use it attached to another wheel-base?
If using ONLY SRW-S1, I believe you must configure it as a CUSTOM wheel.

Carfanatic
07-05-2015, 23:32
Certainly did(though I shouldn't have to since the game is showed as compatible with it) The game doesn't detect turning the wheel left and right for steering and detects the brake and acceleration like digital inputs instead of analog might just as well be using a PS4/Xbone controller without analog sticks would get the same usability.

Aldo Zampatti
07-05-2015, 23:49
Let me give it a quick check and I will get back in here in a snap

Aldo Zampatti
08-05-2015, 00:20
Certainly did(though I shouldn't have to since the game is showed as compatible with it) The game doesn't detect turning the wheel left and right for steering and detects the brake and acceleration like digital inputs instead of analog might just as well be using a PS4/Xbone controller without analog sticks would get the same usability.

Carfanatic, it worked perfectly to me, but found one caveat, here are my steps:

1) Run PCARS with a new profile, just as like the first time (this won't probably be needed to you)
2) Enter the controller setup option (Options / Controller) Selected CUSTOM WHEEL.
3) Then went to EDIT ASSIGNMENTS tab. Everything was blank.
4) I've easily mapped Throttle, Brake and Shift levers (did not mapped any other button)
5) When mapped the steering, I had the SRW-S1 with the rotary switch at 360 degrees.
5.1) I had to do almost a 270degrees turn in order to the game detect X axis movement
5.2) Same applied for left and right steerin inputs
6) launched a Free practice, everything works as it should. Smooth input for steering, brake and throttle.

10 points for me. The only thing (as noted) is that I had to turn the wheel slowly but a LOT of degrees in order to guarantee a detection. Setting the wheel to 180degrees did not enhance that neither.

hope it helps!

Carfanatic
08-05-2015, 00:44
I set the left and right steer and then calibrate after that but no matter how many times/ways I try it I can only steer in one direction not the other. I use the wheel perfectly fine in simraceway but can't seem to get it working right with this...

Morgan Henstridge
08-05-2015, 00:47
Is the SRW-S1 wheel rotation reporting correctly in the Windows Controllers properties screen??

Carfanatic
08-05-2015, 01:08
Update: Turning the "rotary" switch aka Steering Sensitivity set to 360 was the problem at least for me I turned it back to 180 and then went back to control settings and then steering configuration and got it working great now.

Awesome job on the in game graphics 4k Ultra settings @ 60fps is really hard to tell the difference between playing a game and seeing it in real life.

Aldo Zampatti
08-05-2015, 01:26
Update: Turning the "rotary" switch aka Steering Sensitivity set to 360 was the problem at least for me I turned it back to 180 and then went back to control settings and then steering configuration and got it working great now.

Awesome job on the in game graphics 4k Ultra settings @ 60fps is really hard to tell the difference between playing a game and seeing it in real life.

Nice! It worked at the first to me, so it should've do the same to you :)

Enjoy and use Eye-drops, over the weekend, I had more than 18hs a day sessions before! I'm sure you'll enjoy the same