PDA

View Full Version : [ANSWERED] Handbrake doesn't seem to work?

DigitalX90
07-05-2015, 23:53
Using an Xbox One controller atm (neighbours downstairs) B as the handbrake, When I'm driving at say, 30mph, I apply it but it just seems to act like I have let off the accelerator and nothing else. Standing still it works as intended but no screeching tires etc. What am I missing here?

Alan Dallas
07-05-2015, 23:56
Out of curiosity, which car?

DigitalX90
08-05-2015, 00:02
Ford Mustang. Have I derped at all?

JonZ
08-05-2015, 00:03
Some cars doesn't have it.

DigitalX90
08-05-2015, 00:05
News to me, I assumed most did? Especially just a Mustang. But why would it hold the car at a stop and allow me to rev without moving, but not slide around corners as expected? (Generally not just with that car) So If I used the Clio I'd have a handbrake then?

JonZ
08-05-2015, 00:13
I think the Clio don't have it neither. Last time I tried it there was literally no slide effect. Seems like most of the racing cars doesn't have it, you will have more luck with road cars, I had more success with them.

DigitalX90
08-05-2015, 00:15
OK thanks. I'll have a gander tomorrow, getting late now.

Apad Fasza
09-05-2015, 22:22
Hello!
I checked PS4, Xbox One, and PC none of them have handbrake!
I tried BMW this car HAVE handbrake in a real life!
I tried more cars none of them have handbrake!

Any ideas guys?

Landek
02-10-2017, 10:32
I suffer the same. I have wrote an email to infoatslightlymadstudios.com but got till now no response

Siberian Tiger
02-10-2017, 10:38
The Handbrake only works on Cars where it is implemented. (The Cars that does have on in Real Life).

If you find a Car where the Handbrake doesn't work, but you are sure that in Real Life this EXACT Type of Car has one, then you can Post it here, together with a Pic of the RL Car that shows the Handbrake.

Also on Cars with only Electronic Handbrake, you won't find it working. Why? Because in Real Life the Electronic ones just works when the Car is in Standstill.

Roger Prynne
02-10-2017, 10:41
You have asked in the right place, no need for emails to anyone.

Most 'Racing Cars' will not have handbrakes just like real life, but most of the road cars will.

Edit: Fed up with Ninja's :rolleyes:

crowhop
02-10-2017, 19:51
To piggyback off this question, I have another related to the Handbrake...

I asked in the Q&A Thread over on GTP if we'll be able to calibrate the Handbrake. I was told yes, you can; I assumed by someone in the know. But I can't see where or how to do it. Am I missing this functionality somewhere in the game or is it not possible?

Sankyo
02-10-2017, 20:10
To piggyback off this question, I have another related to the Handbrake...

I asked in the Q&A Thread over on GTP if we'll be able to calibrate the Handbrake. I was told yes, you can; I assumed by someone in the know. But I can't see where or how to do it. Am I missing this functionality somewhere in the game or is it not possible?
There's currently no calibration functionality, only assigning it.

Casey Ringley
02-10-2017, 20:16
A quick tip: Cars with a functional handbrake will show an adjustable handbrake strength in first page of the setup tuning UI. If the value is not present or locked at 0%, the car does not have a traditional handbrake which can be used while driving.