PDA

View Full Version : G25 Settings needed

Rayc0
07-05-2015, 23:54
Hi everybody

I am looking for a good settings for my wheel G25. Anyone got them?

Thank you

yusupov
07-05-2015, 23:58
it depends what you are looking for, what problems do you have with default ffb?

comieodor
08-05-2015, 00:34
I use a G25 and have found that I get a decent result on the default option settings, but raising the feedback in the car settings from 26 (way too low,) to around 72 - 80 depending on the car. Keep in mind you will need to do this for each car.

I'm certain somebody will chime in with a far more detailed setup key soon though and I have to confess I've been lazy in not experimenting with the setting myself for a long while now.

yusupov
08-05-2015, 00:37
dayummm that sounds heavy!! might as well try it tho :)

comieodor
08-05-2015, 01:11
dayummm that sounds heavy!! might as well try it tho :)

It is; but the combination of having to really work the steering with an oculus rift makes for a really immersive (if occasionally sweaty) time.

Also I don't think the forces are as strong on the 25 as the 27 so its possibly not as heavy as it would sound... I could be making that up though.

Mahjik
08-05-2015, 01:49

Tire Force -> 110
Dead Zone Removal -> .02
Scoop Knee -> .50
Scoop Reduction -> .10

My usual default tweaks to the car setup FFB:

Fx Scale - Increase this to around 120
Fy Scale - Decrease this to around 80
Fz Scale - Decrease this to around 80
Mz Scale - Keep this at the default 110

Fx Smoothing - 0
Fy Smoothing - 0
Fz Smoothing - 0
Mz Smoothing - 0

Spindle Arm Angle - I usually start with testing at 1700.

Rayc0
08-05-2015, 06:18
Thank you for fast answers. I will check your settings after work. :onthego:

Seeya!

BOLT
08-05-2015, 07:53
The global device settings shown by Mhajik are very important, many users set the sliders for spring and damper, not realising these are canned effects produced by the drivers, and have nothing to do with the ffb output from games at all. Enabling the canned effects on top of game effects often results in effect clipping, and many of the intended ffb effects sent by the game can be reduced or missing completely.

I would add that the in game ffb setting, dead zone removal, can vary between wheels of the same make and may need some tweaking, this setting helps alleviate the force dead zone that is often felt about the midpoint on the g25/g27. Values between 0.2 to 0.8 are typical ,start by increasing this value in .1 increments until much of the effect deadzone is removed.

Rayc0
08-05-2015, 08:48
Ok Bolt, thanks for that advice. I guess that i will need some "test and trials" :lemo:

JamoZ
08-05-2015, 09:46
I had a massive breaktrough on my G25 just starting the game WITHOUT the Logitech CP open. Just forget about that, calibrate the wheel ingame and up the master scale force in the car menu from 26 in between 50/70`ish.
Don`t touch anything else to begin with. I even had the overall FFB set at the default of 85.

*Upping the overall FFB from 85 to 100 made me lose some details and precision. Keeping it at 85 for the moment and just up the car menu scales is the way to go for now it seems.

I`ve only done a couple of laps so far with just 2 cars but for the first time in months...years even! i actually feel something of a usable FFB! Can someone else with FFB issues try this aswell?

Photonenbert
08-05-2015, 10:11
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22122-G25-G27-SETUP-GUIDE
please feel free to look at my setup guide.

I had a massive breaktrough on my G25 just starting the game WITHOUT the Logitech CP open. Just forget about that, calibrate the wheel ingame and up the master scale force in the car menu from 26 in between 50/70`ish.
Don`t touch anything else to begin with. I even had the overall FFB set at the default of 85.

*Upping the overall FFB from 85 to 100 made me lose some details and precision. Keeping it at 85 for the moment and just up the car menu scales is the way to go for now it seems.

I`ve only done a couple of laps so far with just 2 cars but for the first time in months...years even! i actually feel something of a usable FFB! Can someone else with FFB issues try this aswell?

I will have a look at this and try it out. thanks!

comieodor
08-05-2015, 13:46
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22122-G25-G27-SETUP-GUIDE
please feel free to look at my setup guide.

I wonder if we can get these 2 threads merged? There's some great info in both which will be of interest to a huge number of players no doubt. I'm looking forward to giving some of this stuff a try in the morning.

Roger Prynne
09-05-2015, 19:06
Actually the G25 is far superior to the G27 as regards to FFB feel, this has been documented by loads of people.
Also you don't need to use the profiler (bin it) or even calibrate your wheel in-game and everything will be fine... just make sure to fully depress your pedals before starting the game.

Myself and many others have been doing this for about three and a half years with no probs.