PDA

View Full Version : Last lap of session cut off?

WadeOhh
07-05-2015, 23:56
Does anyone else have this happen? In the last lap of a timed session (Practice or Qualifying), when the time for the session ends, it cuts you off, ends the session and brings up the times from the session without being able to finish your lap?

I was doing a qualifying session last night, mid way around a lap, the time for the session ended and the message came up at the bottom from the race engineer saying 'Session over. Finish your lap' (or whatever it says) and I was on a bit of a flyer, but before I finished the lap, the session just ended after I got that message and brought the times up onto the screen and I was unable to finish the lap.

This seems a bit stupid, but I'm not sure if its a bug or intentional. Once you know there is not enough time left in the session to complete your last lap, there is no point completing that last lap.

Any thoughts?

Pinna
07-05-2015, 23:59
Did you go offtrack in that lap?
In this case you won't be able to set a timed lap in your current lap and the game is automatically over

WadeOhh
08-05-2015, 00:05
Did you go offtrack in that lap?
In this case you won't be able to set a timed lap in your current lap and the game is automatically over

Hmmmmm, I don't think I would've gone off on the lap, but I guess it is possible. So if you go off track on that last lap, the session will just end, but if you haven't gone off track, it will let you finish that last lap? How certain are you that this is the case? And is this true for both practice and qualifying?

Pinna
08-05-2015, 00:06
I'm quite sure this is the case. It never happened to me that I was cut off in a clean lap. I was cut off when going offtrack or in the pits.
Yes, both practice and qualifying.

WadeOhh
08-05-2015, 00:10
I'm quite sure this is the case. It never happened to me that I was cut off in a clean lap. I was cut off when going offtrack or in the pits.
Yes, both practice and qualifying.

Ok, thanks heaps for the help. I will do some more testing tonight and see if this is the case :) Cheers.

Pinna
08-05-2015, 00:11
Let me know if I'm wrong ;)

WadeOhh
08-05-2015, 00:34
Haha. I will. I'll report back with my findings ;)

Mahjik
08-05-2015, 02:00
This seems a bit stupid, but I'm not sure if its a bug or intentional. Once you know there is not enough time left in the session to complete your last lap, there is no point completing that last lap.

It currently is intentional. There has been feedback about that specific implementation so hopefully it will be altered in the future. As of now, the session is done regardless if you are in the middle of your final flying lap.