PDA

View Full Version : Difficulty levels

pommie5037
08-05-2015, 00:01
hey guys,

i know this seems like a stupid question, but i started playing project cars last night and went straight to pro (for the reasons such as the assists turned off as this is how i normally play) however i am finding it very difficult to even get near the AI players, is there a way i can reduce the difficulty of the AI players but keep the assists turned off? all i have found in the menus so far is the assists adjustment.

Regards
Pommie5037

Pinna
08-05-2015, 00:03
You can set it in the race preparation menu and you can adjust it every race :)

yusupov
08-05-2015, 00:04
yes, its in the event setup screen, where you choose # of AI etc, there is a slider that goes to 100%. i cant remember what it defaults to if you set pro i think 80 or something but i had the same issue.

Pinna
08-05-2015, 00:09
Default is 80, yes :)

WadeOhh
08-05-2015, 00:38
I don't want to sound like a bigshot, but I'm actually a little concerned that the AI might be a little too easy. I set it to 100% last night and got 5th out of 30 cars at Hockenheim in a 20 lap GT3 race. I know its not a win, but I'd only been playing for a few hours so I'm concerned with a little more experience that I'll be able to win on 100% pretty comfortably.
I feel in a sim, with the difficulty set to 100%, the AI should almost be unbeatable (so in a field of 30 cars, a decent driver should be towards the back), and then scale it back from there in the lower difficulties.

yusupov
08-05-2015, 00:40
^^i agree, do you have simracing experience? maybe you have the gift of the alien :D

WadeOhh
08-05-2015, 00:44
I mean, I do ok, but I wouldn't go close to saying I was an alien (in GT Academy Round 1, I think I was about 1.3 seconds off the top guys, and THOSE guys are aliens). I guess I kinda thought that 100% difficulty in pCars would be similar pace to I guess what you would consider alien.

ironik
08-05-2015, 00:47
I don't want to sound like a bigshot, but I'm actually a little concerned that the AI might be a little too easy. I set it to 100% last night and got 5th out of 30 cars at Hockenheim in a 20 lap GT3 race. I know its not a win, but I'd only been playing for a few hours so I'm concerned with a little more experience that I'll be able to win on 100% pretty comfortably.
I feel in a sim, with the difficulty set to 100%, the AI should almost be unbeatable (so in a field of 30 cars, a decent driver should be towards the back), and then scale it back from there in the lower difficulties.

Was it in career or in a custom race?
I think that the AI level is scaled in career.( higher tier, better AI)
Anyway , i usually play GT3 tier around 90%.
At 93% it's difficult for me to win.

yusupov
08-05-2015, 00:48
well i just know ive seen an alien complaining the AI is way too easy, so i think its a legit issue. you sound fast already, easily fast enough to be at 100%...if the slider went to 120% like the rfactor games :)

yusupov
08-05-2015, 00:49

ahh maybe that was the issue...dont know if it was career or not

ironik
08-05-2015, 00:50
Aliens dont play career anyway...
It's far from an issue IMO.
But having more options could be nice indeed ^^

WadeOhh
08-05-2015, 00:54

Nope. It was in solo race weekend.

yusupov
08-05-2015, 00:54
well i guess this guy does but he was joking about it, i dont think he seriously expects to get the challenge he wants from AI

pommie5037
08-05-2015, 00:56
thanks for that guys, i cant wait to finish work and get into it tonight
;)

LeveQ
08-05-2015, 03:51
well i just know ive seen an alien complaining the AI is way too easy, so i think its a legit issue. you sound fast already, easily fast enough to be at 100%...if the slider went to 120% like the rfactor games :)

I wonder who you could be talking about........ :P

But yeah, bit easy... As in lapping the whole field in 125cc and being 3 seconds faster a lap at Oulton Park in FRookie on default set. Oh well. I'll try a few series in quick race and see if there's one where the AI is good, I quite fancy GT4, tried the M3 and it drove really nice, similar to AC's M235i (just with more power and downforce, cause well, it does have that).

king-goji
13-05-2015, 17:47
So when you initially choose your difficulty level, the woman talking to me through the controller said that those levels could be changed later, if you choose.
Is there actually a way to change from 'beginner' up to 'pro', or from 'pro' down to 'beginner', or is it limited to just changing the individual settings, such as AI level before a race?

Thanks!

RJ_Whitlock_556
16-05-2015, 03:11
So when you initially choose your difficulty level, the woman talking to me through the controller said that those levels could be changed later, if you choose.
Is there actually a way to change from 'beginner' up to 'pro', or from 'pro' down to 'beginner', or is it limited to just changing the individual settings, such as AI level before a race?

Thanks!

This! Been trying to figure this out for a few days now.

WadeOhh
16-05-2015, 03:29
Not sure if its been mentioned here, or in another thread or not, but it seems the difficulty is more track dependent rather than car dependent.

For example, I just did a 10 lap GT3 race at Donington (short) with 25 AI cars. At 100% difficulty, I was on pole by 1.6 second and won the race by 18 seconds (totally stock setup and not much track knowledge going in, although in reality, its a pretty basic track), but I think most of the time I was making on the AI was into the old hairpin (turn 4). I blast through there in 3rd gear, but its like they slow down to 2nd gear. They're really slow through there and I think most of that 1.6 second advantage comes from that turn.

However, I did the same setup race (10 lap, GT3, 25 AI cars) at Hockenheim GP, and at 80% difficulty, I qualified 18th and finished the race 14th, and I know that track a lot better. Suffice to say, the race a Hockenheim was a lot more fun :)

So it seems the difficulty setup needs to be tweaked for the tracks, not the cars.

yusupov
16-05-2015, 03:35
yeah from my very limited understanding race lines are just set per track & the AI manage to adapt to them by car; the lines at donington are off. i imagine therell be a patch fix for that anyday unless theyre really wanting to re-examine AI entirely & not do temporary quickfixes.