PDA

View Full Version : TH8A Shift Issues

johngreen537
08-05-2015, 00:04
Hi

The TH8A shifter has some random issues.

If shifting sequentially, then all is fine, but if you skip a gear, then random issues occur.
If you crash out, and stall, you an't simply put it into 1st, then move on, you have to find the gear you were in while crash happened, put it back into that gear and then 1st.

Thanks

John

Touc
08-05-2015, 06:34
Yeah im having a few issues with my shifter mainly having to knock it into 2nd to find 1st. Cant block shift either but im guessing that im trying to block shift with cars with a sequential gear box

BuToNz
08-05-2015, 06:47
It is likely you are using a car with a sequential gearbox. Have you tried a fully manual car like the Caterham classic?

Touc
08-05-2015, 06:55
Ok thanks its kinda what i thought. Will try that car shortly and see if its the case

BrainyTX
08-05-2015, 09:04
What i found out, its quite realistic behavior...

If you have set to auto clutch, it won't let you change to a too low gear to avoid breaking the car. Also since it is automatic clutch, there is no neutral setting. So putting the TH8 to neutral won't do a thing.

So actually you have to change every gear one by one.

The behaviour should be different if you have a clutch, but I don't have one yet.

Greetz

Steve Loader
08-05-2015, 17:50
I tried the manual shifter with the Caterham Classic, Superlight R500 and Ford MkIV and am also getting TH8A shifter issues (but only with the R500). The gear selected doesn't take when shifting more than one gear (eg. from 4 to 2), it only shifts one gear at a time, have to shift twice (every time) to accomplish 4>2 shift. The first time moving the shifter to 2nd gear position from 4th it'll go down one indicated gear to 3rd, then next try to 2nd. It doesn't really matter from what gear or what speed, it just won't shift directly 2 gears at a time. (using manual, pro settings).

Benja190782
08-05-2015, 19:39
I tried the manual shifter with the Caterham Classic, Superlight R500 and Ford MkIV and am also getting TH8A shifter issues (but only with the R500). The gear selected doesn't take when shifting more than one gear (eg. from 4 to 2), it only shifts one gear at a time, have to shift twice (every time) to accomplish 4>2 shift. The first time moving the shifter to 2nd gear position from 4th it'll go down one indicated gear to 3rd, then next try to 2nd. It doesn't really matter from what gear or what speed, it just won't shift directly 2 gears at a time. (using manual, pro settings).

Have you set up every gear seperatly from 1 to 7 in the Control options?

Steve Loader
08-05-2015, 20:06
Have you set up every gear seperatly from 1 to 7 in the Control options?

Yes and did a bit more testing - the McLaren F1, Lotus 40 and Lotus 72D were fine but the Gumpert Apollo also has the same shifting issue.

edit: Woops, I just realized that I'm in the XB1 sub forum when I should probably be in the pc sub-section and my shifter is not the TH8A but TH8RS, (maybe same issue though)

johngreen537
08-05-2015, 20:24
I've found that it's car specific too. I use clutch, as I have the T3PA also, so it's not linked to auto clutch (that I can notice).

Also, I've noted that the neutral setting doesn't feel like 'neutral', but more like a depressed clutch. If you stall (usually impact related), I have to go to 2nd, then bac to first to get the car moving again. Personally, I feel like it's confusion between the T8HA and the paddle shift, as if I'm having gear issues, pressing the up/down paddles gets it back to normal, then using the stick to select the right gear thereafter.

Xdelboyx
08-05-2015, 20:38

Yes exactly this also you cannot select neutral...sontrying to restart car after crash is hard and yes if you were in say 6th if you got to 1st and just go back and forth between 1st and 2nd it will act sequential....the bad news is because it don't select neutral it feels lagging because if you go from say 3 to 4 it won't actually start shifting until you hit 4 so you hit 4 and floor it and the game is still travelling through neutral to 4 and you have all sorts of problems over revving...but complicated to explain but we need to ba able to register neutral

Xdelboyx
08-05-2015, 20:40
I started this thread here a few hours ago on this very subject

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22338-No-neutral-with-TH8A

Gotta let em know its knackered

Del Zotto x82x
20-05-2015, 03:55
This is exactly my issue... I have the TX wheel, TH8A shifter and T3pa pedals.. I don't use auto clutch... There is NO NEUTRAL when using the TH8A shifter.. In order to get to Neutral you have to use the paddle shifters and shift down to neutral... This is in all cars.. I only use the Shifter with cars that have the shifter.. But I messed around with paddle shifter cars using the th8a shifter and it's the same issue with no neutral unless shifting down with paddle shifters.... and exactly what the others are saying about the gears jumping around...

Little Llama
25-05-2015, 00:22
I think you guys are driving cars with manual sequential transmissions (like motorcycles).

The Superlight R500 I drive a bit and it seems to agree with that logic. It will only shift sequentially and will not shift unless either:
- Clutch is in
- You are off the throttle

On my motorcycle I can happily shift 2->3->4->5->6 just by coming off the power and taking the load off the gearbox. Because there isn't a neutral to go through (like an H shifter, or between 1->2 on a motorbike) it slots in just fine.

I am pretty certain the behaviour you are calling a glitch is more a feature! This is backed up by wiki'ing Apollo Gumpert and (in reality) it can be fitted with a manual sequential transmission!

I'm driving like this and think it's working as intended - but I haven't researched all the cars to see what they have in the real world!

kingleer
09-07-2015, 10:46
I think you guys are driving cars with manual sequential transmissions (like motorcycles).

The Superlight R500 I drive a bit and it seems to agree with that logic. It will only shift sequentially and will not shift unless either:
- Clutch is in
- You are off the throttle

On my motorcycle I can happily shift 2->3->4->5->6 just by coming off the power and taking the load off the gearbox. Because there isn't a neutral to go through (like an H shifter, or between 1->2 on a motorbike) it slots in just fine.

I am pretty certain the behaviour you are calling a glitch is more a feature! This is backed up by wiki'ing Apollo Gumpert and (in reality) it can be fitted with a manual sequential transmission!

I'm driving like this and think it's working as intended - but I haven't researched all the cars to see what they have in the real world!

That's not the case. The behavior is exactly how Del Zotto x82x described: Neutral isn't detected. You have to go to first gear and then hit the downshift paddle to be able to get to Neutral. And if you change gears without hitting the clutch, nothing happens, it just stays on the same gear - doesn't even make that grinding noise. What a great "feature".

nissan4ever
09-07-2015, 12:07
Neutral issue is fixed in upcoming Patch 2.0