PDA

View Full Version : TX Wheel config

johngreen537
08-05-2015, 00:06
Would love a decent how to type guide for setting up the TX.

There's many options, but no real explanation on what they do.....

wearymick
08-05-2015, 02:45
ditto.

DUST2DEATH
08-05-2015, 05:01
Courtesy Remco on WMD.

General FFB strength
Output strength of the FFB to the wheel after it has been calculated by the FFB engine. This is basically the final 'volume' adjustment of the FFB. This means that if the FFB is clipping, turning the FFB strength down won't help anymore.

Tyre Force
This is the strength of the tyre contribution to the FFB, which is also the main contributor to the FFB. If the FFB is too high or too low for all cars, you can adjust this value to get it equally stronger/weaker for all cars.

The car-specific settings
These you want to adjust when the FFB of one car is good while for the next car it's too weak or strong (or has a wrong subjective balance of the individual force contributors).

Spindle Master Scale: this scales the forces below it equally up and down, i.e. it's the FFB 'volume knob' specifically for that car. Turn it down if the FFB is clipping, and up if it's too weak.
Fx: this is the FFB component representing the longitudinal force on the tyre contact patch. This should determine FFB when accelerating or braking, but I haven't really experimented with this one yet.
Fy: this is the FFB component representing the lateral force on the tyre contact patch. Very important for feeling mass transfer/inertia of the car when cornering.
Fz: this is the FFB component representing the vertical force on the tyre contact patch. This plays an important part in the 'road feel' of the FFB, i.e. when going over bumps in the road.
Mz: this is the FFB component representing the twisting force of the wheels, i.e. rotation along the vertical axis of the wheel. It is the self-aligning force of the wheels into the driving direction and is most important for getting the 'classic' feel of the FFB getting lighter when the front tyres lose grip.

So when you want a particular force to stand out in the FFB, raise its relative contribution to the total FFB, and after that adjust the Spindle Master Scale value if necessary to get the FFB stay within the full range (i.e. not clipping or getting too weak).

TimS
08-05-2015, 06:05
Hi. I Need a complete Setup help for my TX because for me its near to unplayable with my TX i use the F1 add and the GTE Add on. But i dont feel the Road i.e. The curbs FFB is to Low and Break feeling is zero so can anyone help me and give me a usefull setup for the TX? Thanks

DUST2DEATH
08-05-2015, 06:20
set deadzone removal to 0.02

increase tyre force setting under ffb calibration.

sibomb22
08-05-2015, 07:23
Hi. I Need a complete Setup help for my TX because for me its near to unplayable with my TX i use the F1 add and the GTE Add on. But i dont feel the Road i.e. The curbs FFB is to Low and Break feeling is zero so can anyone help me and give me a usefull setup for the TX? Thanks

I totally agree no FFB cant feel anything under breaking ant steering not great!! I have raced in project cars in near complete build on PC absolutely fantastic.i have a TX wheel and the experience is no where near what it should be i just think it always the case with wheel and console setup.i would of thought they would have this right over the 4years making it especially as they ate sim it seems this game better with a pad.

_mrP_
08-05-2015, 08:05
the tx wheel implementation is so poor in this game its not even funny.....

(still better than joypad implementation, which absolutely sucks!)

Seps1974
08-05-2015, 08:56

I was also having issues... I have reinstalled the game and the wheel well calibrated. Now it's just amazing.

BrainyTX
08-05-2015, 08:59
I totally agree no FFB cant feel anything under breaking ant steering not great!! I have raced in project cars in near complete build on PC absolutely fantastic.i have a TX wheel and the experience is no where near what it should be i just think it always the case with wheel and console setup.i would of thought they would have this right over the 4years making it especially as they ate sim it seems this game better with a pad.

I agree, but I think we all are a bit frustrated, since we expected sooo much from the game...

And it will, or is different to Forza and others... Since hopefully the realism is better...

I would love to see more information about all the settings in game for FFB and so on. It is really frustrating to see all the settings and not knowing exactly what to do.

My first things I know:
Set the TX to maximum rotation of 900 degrees!!! The FFB will reduce the actual turnaround! Setting it on 270 or 360 won't give you enough turning point.

The actuall FFB behavior is I think pretty good, you have
- The limitation of the wheel radius (blocks further turn)
- crashes, breaking etc are getting into the FFB (but too weak)
- curb driving doesnt impact at all (no tremble of the wheel?)

But overall its too weak, sluggerish at zero degrees, turning up the tyre FFB would be an answer, i will test that tonight....

Please someone give more information about FFB settings.

BrainyTX
08-05-2015, 09:00
I was also having issues... I have reinstalled the game and the wheel well calibrated. Now it's just amazing.

What did change? How was it before and now? Just amazing won't help us others figure it out :confused:

_mrP_
08-05-2015, 09:01

really? for example, does it have ffb on wheel lock now?

Seps1974
08-05-2015, 09:25
Yap.

Seps1974
08-05-2015, 09:32
What did change? How was it before and now? Just amazing won't help us others figure it out :confused:

Before it was like driving on ice, no control over the car, wheel always locking with no chance to recover from it. Now it runs smooth with the feel of driving a real car.

_mrP_
08-05-2015, 10:04
Before it was like driving on ice, no control over the car, wheel always locking with no chance to recover from it. Now it runs smooth with the feel of driving a real car.

ok, I will take your word for it, and delete everything and re-download from scratch.

are you sure you didnt screw your wheel settings by doing tests, and then by re-downloading the difference you saw was just the reset to normal values for wheel?

Seps1974
08-05-2015, 10:14
ok, I will take your word for it, and delete everything and re-download from scratch.

are you sure you didnt screw your wheel settings and the by re-downloading the difference you saw was just the reset to normal values for wheel?

I can't assure you it will work for you as it worked for me. I have the Xbox Pre-order edition which was installed on the console and waiting for 7/5/2015 to be played. The game was hyper sensitive, had sound issues and sometimes quited to dashboard. After reinstalling it I haven't noticed none of this.

Paclik46
08-05-2015, 12:13

are you sure you didnt screw your wheel settings by doing tests, and then by re-downloading the difference you saw was just the reset to normal values for wheel?

So is it really better after reinstallation game? Did you try it?

gizziegod
08-05-2015, 13:30
has anybody else tried this, did help ?

RoccoTTS
08-05-2015, 14:21
set deadzone removal to 0.02

increase tyre force setting under ffb calibration.

Thanks, this is the answer to the week ffb. I set the tyre force to 200 and the ffb is very good !!

T3RRAF0RM
08-05-2015, 19:31
Inside sim racing have done a tx setup video on YouTube. Not sure how good it is but he seemed to be flying around the tracks in the video. I'm thinking of getting one. I'm a little worried about built quality issues I've been reading about
https://youtu.be/nb2Xy8ykiac

DUST2DEATH
08-05-2015, 22:12
Thanks, this is the answer to the week ffb. I set the tyre force to 200 and the ffb is very good !!

be careful going that high, You may cause clipping, in which case you will be losing FFB details. Use the telemetry to see if your FFB is clipping.

Rockefelluh
09-05-2015, 00:50
Inside sim racing have done a tx setup video on YouTube. Not sure how good it is but he seemed to be flying around the tracks in the video. I'm thinking of getting one. I'm a little worried about built quality issues I've been reading about
https://youtu.be/nb2Xy8ykiac

Are you referring to the tx quality issues? Those have been improved greatly since launch. The customer support from what I have heard is fairly good as well.

Icaru5
09-05-2015, 06:54

I thought exactly the same until I discovered this ...

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22444-Hardly-any-FFB-with-Thrustmaster-TX-Read-This-!

tonypbeck
09-05-2015, 07:08

Me too - been waiting a year and well frustrated

RoccoTTS
09-05-2015, 08:41
I thought exactly the same until I discovered this ...

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22444-Hardly-any-FFB-with-Thrustmaster-TX-Read-This-!

This is the solution for weak ffb !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jubis
09-05-2015, 09:02
Can someone explain why my wheel starts to make little movements side to side when driving straight and I take hands of the wheel. Try'ed to config forcefeedback several hours now and cant get that of. Also wheel centers way too fast and overshoots when coming out of corner.

stux
10-05-2015, 00:18
has anybody else tried this, did help ?

Reinstalling did not help.

LextersQuest
10-05-2015, 07:03
I also have the TX Racingwheel. After finding good information an how to set it up i works good. I followed following video and for me i helped a lot. Offcorse everybody will tweak it further for own drivingstyle but i found it a good place to start.
https://youtu.be/joDSaUXxZFk