PDA

View Full Version : PS4 - Unable to Assign 'X' as throttle

Jimmay
08-05-2015, 00:22
I'm a little old school with my controller config and I like to have 'X' as throttle and 'Square' as brake.

In the controller configuration menu, if I try to change the throttle from R2 to X it says that I have left other controllers unassigned.

The problem is, I have already assigned everything else a button with the exception of specific gears 1,2,3 etc. which I am unable to assign on a standard PS4 controller.

I can change any of the other controls without issue, it's just when I change the throttle from R2.

Nelly D Racer
08-05-2015, 00:25
You need to make sure features like change view, rear view, hand brake etc all essential control options are mapped even if you don't intend on using them.

Jimmay
08-05-2015, 00:33
Thanks, I will check again tonight. I definitely had hand brake and clutch assigned, but I will need to double check the view settings.

Cheers.

Nelly D Racer
08-05-2015, 00:35
Thanks, I will check again tonight. I definitely had hand brake and clutch assigned, but I will need to double check the view settings.

Cheers.

Your Welcome :)

Ronin_JayT
08-05-2015, 12:00
I am having the same problem, I do think there should be some help in game, ether on screen help, or some mention of controller config in the online manual.