PDA

View Full Version : calibrating CSR pedals

brianbarker543
08-05-2015, 00:40
I can't figure out why I can't get the brake pedal to work right. Its input is 100% when I tap on the brake. So when I hit the brakes its a automatic brake lockup. I don't have this problem on Iracing. Any help would be awesome as this game is useless with faulty brakes.

DUST2DEATH
08-05-2015, 01:00
go into options - controls - calibrate pedals. Follow the procedure there and report back.

Beans
08-05-2015, 01:01
What is your wheel? I know that when I have selected the proper wheel in my sig that I have to also make sure the pedal are "separate"

brianbarker543
08-05-2015, 01:21
I have the fanatrc forza CSR wheel and the CSR elite pedals. I'm configured under fanatec CSR combined pedals. Even when I do separate I get the same result. When I go to calibrate pedals my gas measures 0-100 but the brake is either 0 or when I press brakes its 100%. So I'm locking up the brakes 100% in a race even if I'm barely touching the brake pedal

beef
08-05-2015, 01:26
I think I'm having a similar issue except with the throttle. When a race loads my throttle is stuck at 100%, hitting the throttle does change not affect this and hitting the brakes lets off the throttle instead of pressing the brakes. So I am full throttle 100% of the time I am not hitting the brakes and I don't have brakes at all.

I have CSR pedals plugged in to a ClubSport v1 wheel. I downloaded the latest drivers and firmware for it last night and if I calibrate it through windows or the CSW profile in game (seperate or combined pedals) they all three appear to be working correctly. Even though it calibrates correctly in all three places I get the issue above every time I start a race.

Beans
08-05-2015, 01:36
I have the fanatrc forza CSR wheel and the CSR elite pedals. I'm configured under fanatec CSR combined pedals. Even when I do separate I get the same result. When I go to calibrate pedals my gas measures 0-100 but the brake is either 0 or when I press brakes its 100%. So I'm locking up the brakes 100% in a race even if I'm barely touching the brake pedal

Yah, it seems like your pedal is being seen as a switch. Is there conflict perhaps, like maybe a button is assigned to the brakes? Have you checked the Fanatec driver for issues?

brianbarker543
08-05-2015, 01:38
Yes its acting as a switch. I have the latest firmware and drivers. I even reinstalled the old firmware, but that just made the gas and brake pedal unrecognizable in the game.

Beans
08-05-2015, 01:43
I think I'm having a similar issue except with the throttle. When a race loads my throttle is stuck at 100%, hitting the throttle does change not affect this and hitting the brakes lets off the throttle instead of pressing the brakes. So I am full throttle 100% of the time I am not hitting the brakes and I don't have brakes at all.

I have CSR pedals plugged in to a ClubSport v1 wheel. I downloaded the latest drivers and firmware for it last night and if I calibrate it through windows or the CSW profile in game (seperate or combined pedals) they all three appear to be working correctly. Even though it calibrates correctly in all three places I get the issue above every time I start a race.

This sounds like what happens when the pedals are combined. This option is in game, but it is also an option in the Fanatic driver Turn the wheel on and open the Fanatic software go to the properties tab/settings. There is a box under pedals to uncheck, hit apply :)

Morgan Henstridge
08-05-2015, 01:47
It might also be the Controller Profile selected in game.

I had a similar issue, except my brake did not work at all, when i selected the CSW profile with Combined Pedals.

They were separate in the driver, and mapped correctly in the game for each pedal, and calibrated as expected in game, but on the track, I had no brake at all.

Changed the games controller profile to the CSW with Separate Pedals, and it all worked as expected.

Beans
08-05-2015, 01:50
Yes its acting as a switch. I have the latest firmware and drivers. I even reinstalled the old firmware, but that just made the gas and brake pedal unrecognizable in the game.

Well I've never seen the Fanatic driver software for your wheel, but the software for my wheel has a function test in it. This is a way to test that all the buttons and such are working. There is also a test for the pedal there and it shows the functionality of the pedal potentiometers as you progressively push down on them. Do you have this means to test in your driver?

beef
08-05-2015, 01:51
That was it, my binding were reset when I got back in after unchecking it but I rebound them and can drive now.:)

brianbarker543
08-05-2015, 02:10
I finally got it working. Just had to recalibrate my pedals in the fanatec software. Thanks for the replies

Beans
08-05-2015, 02:15
Awesome news guys:encouragement: Thanks for the follow up.

ZiggyUK
08-05-2015, 03:11
Glad to see you have it working.

It's also always worth depressing all pedals before you load pCARS (unless of course you have already been driving something different before)

Cuba
09-05-2015, 04:31
Where can I get the latest drivers for just the Fanatec CSR Elite Pedals? I'm running them with my Logitech DFGT Wheel until my Fanatec wheel base v2 arrives. All of a sudden my pedals are acting up. Brake pedal no longer registers and accelerator is acting as a switch (no range between 0 and 100%) As soon as I hit the accelerator there is a few centimeters of deadzone then it registers 100% immediately.
Thanks