PDA

View Full Version : How's PC compare to iRacing?

Upright
08-05-2015, 00:42
Just curious.

:D

DUST2DEATH
08-05-2015, 00:43
Loaded question is loaded, considering everyone knows that sim racers opinions rarely agree on anything. :P

Alan Dallas
08-05-2015, 00:46
Just curious.

:D

Depends on what aspect of the Sim you're curious about. That's a rather open ended question.

Upright
08-05-2015, 00:46
Loaded question is loaded, considering everyone knows that sim racers opinions rarely agree on anything. :P

Yeah good point. I was hoping to get a lot of "it's way better" type answers. :P

I just want a good Sim that doesn't require a monthly fee.

Upright
08-05-2015, 00:47
Depends on what aspect of the Sim you're curious about. That's a rather open ended question.

I guess I meant in general but yes I can see your point. I'm sure some will still prefer iRacing...I'm just trying to figure out if it's a good alternative. I do really like the point system in iRacing.

Alan Dallas
08-05-2015, 00:50
Yeah good point. I was hoping to get a lot of "it's way better" type answers. :P

I just want a good Sim that doesn't require a monthly fee.

Fair enough.
I'll put it this way, if you consider yourself a Sim Racer, add this one to your library. It's great now IMHO. It's got to the point where I drive it more than rF2 and GSCE. My poor R3E account is so neglected right now.

yusupov
08-05-2015, 00:52
no sims other than iracing require monthly fee, dont think just bc they have server farms to run that makes them the best sim. iR is great but imo multiple sims are competitive with it in almost every area minus the tracks (some cars, but that doesnt mean a whole lot if the tire model isnt the best, which again...lots of opinions there).

Patrik Marek
08-05-2015, 01:06
other games can compete, but not in their MP system.
Security rating / fear of being bumped down form hard earned license grade, does make people drive more respectably, cleaner.

no other MP I tire had similar number of clean laps/drivers.

Upright
08-05-2015, 01:25
other games can compete, but not in their MP system.
Security rating / fear of being bumped down form hard earned license grade, does make people drive more respectably, cleaner.

no other MP I tire had similar number of clean laps/drivers.

The security rating is the one thing I do like about iRacing.

Soup4you2
08-05-2015, 01:34
The security rating is the one thing I do like about iRacing.

Agreed, as much as iRacing rating system sucks, It also makes for some really great and rewarding experiences. Perhaps for Project Cars 2 a system like that can be implemented.

Yuyuko
You want online simulated racing? You want competitive gaming? You want the automagic online structure to handle both? iRacing.
You want an offline career that scales to your needs? You want to 'live the life'? You want a cooler-looking RUF race car? Go with Project CARS.

It's probably a little more complicated than that, but that's how I see it.

Ryzza5
The AI is better :)

Seriously, I do like both. iRacing more for it's serious environment (that said I've had my fair share of unwanted contact, so maybe it isn't as great as it used to be in that respect). In fact, I've raced in a league in Gran Turismo 5+6 and had plenty of fun just by nature of the close and clean racing. (https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLJO09rIH740p4Zi1fADiDvgCQOz5w1tD1) - so if you find a good league that you can join in your preferred game you may not have to spend the $$$ that iRacing requires.

I find that in iRacing, I can't feel the car enough, there is less perceived grip than real life and the car just suddenly lets go and spin out. pCARS allows me to feel the grip somehow, I can drive on the edge more confidently, and often recover if I go a little too far - just like my real life track experiences. Love the volumetric acceleration modelling in pCARS as well.

Alan Dallas
08-05-2015, 01:53
The AI is better :)

LAWL!! :p

TenthDan
08-05-2015, 02:02
There are enough opinions that it is better and enough that it is worse that means it's reasonable to assume it's equivalent enough but: it's up to you! :)

Khyber GT
08-05-2015, 02:16
it's worth having all the racing games/sims...if you love this genre, support it... in last 2-3 years sim racing and simcade has really made a comeback. it's a glorious thing to see.

Sgspenceley
08-05-2015, 02:18
iRacing is an outstanding online sim, the safety rating and licence scheme is awesome in my opinion. The way you get grouped with other people for each race is awesome. BUT just because you have a high ranking licence does not mean you are a good sim racer. It requires truly dedicated practice time, but is very enjoyable. If your a dedicated sim racer the experience is not really expensive, because at any time of the day you can find a great group of people who want to race. 95% of these racers want to race clean...

PCars is visually amazing, the car handling is excellent, it provides the thrill of racing and the user interface is modern and proffesional. It shows the marketing team has placed a high value on the overall user experience not just on-line racing.

If I want to race hardcore against another human iRacing is my first choice because it's truely rewarding.
If I want to race AI or just have fun, then pCars is now my first choice! Still very rewarding but a very different reward.

Both products a world class...

darkpheonix
08-05-2015, 02:22
I haven't got much to add most of it has been said about iracing's MP features and yes it is a great sim as well.
Our cars do less break dance though :D

Upright
08-05-2015, 03:32
iRacing is an outstanding online sim, the safety rating and licence scheme is awesome in my opinion. The way you get grouped with other people for each race is awesome. BUT just because you have a high ranking licence does not mean you are a good sim racer. It requires truly dedicated practice time, but is very enjoyable. If your a dedicated sim racer the experience is not really expensive, because at any time of the day you can find a great group of people who want to race. 95% of these racers want to race clean...

PCars is visually amazing, the car handling is excellent, it provides the thrill of racing and the user interface is modern and proffesional. It shows the marketing team has placed a high value on the overall user experience not just on-line racing.

If I want to race hardcore against another human iRacing is my first choice because it's truely rewarding.
If I want to race AI or just have fun, then pCars is now my first choice! Still very rewarding but a very different reward.

Both products a world class...

Very well put....thank you. :D

LeveQ
08-05-2015, 03:54
*snip*
Didn't know Yuyuko fancied racing games <3

On topic:
iRacing is 100% multiplayer, only get it if you're serious about racing. If you just want to have fun, look for other alternatives. Simple as that.

Snipeuout
08-05-2015, 05:57
I don't mind the subscription fee... However the cars and tracks get expensive fast.

I decided to wait for PG for that one reason alone. We will see how the multiplayer element compares to IR.

Aldo Zampatti
08-05-2015, 06:01
I don't mind the subscription fee... However the cars and tracks get expensive fast.

I decided to wait for PG for that one reason alone. We will see how the multiplayer element compares to IR.

The matchmaking is the difference. But if you join a league (i.e.: Like TGC for instance), then is SO SO SO much fun!
I would encourage you to go over youtube and search for Project Cars league races (there are some in there) and you should see it for yourself.

Keep a close eye to THIS Thread (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?21974-pCARS-YouTube-Video-Thread-Multiplayer-Action!)also as I'm sure it will filled up sooner rather than later.

Keep an extra 50euros at hand as you WILL buy PCARS for Online racing as it will only get better :) Trust me

Yuyuko
08-05-2015, 06:03
Didn't know Yuyuko fancied racing games <3
I recently had Youmu expand our gardens to house an all-new world-class racing circuit! You can visit it by picking Sakitto from the track selection menu. :p

More seriously, though, yes, I'd agree with your assessments on iRacing and Project CARS.

LeveQ
08-05-2015, 06:27
I recently had Youmu expand our gardens to house an all-new world-class racing circuit! You can visit it by picking Sakitto from the track selection menu. :p
Nice ! Will do !

Hopefully Reimu doesn't throw a fit.... ;D

Snipeuout
08-05-2015, 18:40
The matchmaking is the difference. But if you join a league (i.e.: Like TGC for instance), then is SO SO SO much fun!
I would encourage you to go over youtube and search for Project Cars league races (there are some in there) and you should see it for yourself.

Keep a close eye to THIS Thread (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?21974-pCARS-YouTube-Video-Thread-Multiplayer-Action!)also as I'm sure it will filled up sooner rather than later.

Keep an extra 50euros at hand as you WILL buy PCARS for Online racing as it will only get better :) Trust me

I got PG. loving it so far. Hope the rating system for online racing works out.

Upright
09-05-2015, 00:53

What's PG?