PDA

View Full Version : Apps for XB1

Headdogg81
08-05-2015, 00:50
Hi there. Another newbie here....

I was looking through the apps section but all seem to be for the PC version. Is there anything available for the XB1 version? These would be a great features to add in a sim with this depth. I haven't checked but smartglass doesnt offer anything does it?

http://www.projectcarsgame.com/apps.html

XPR Cap10Morgan
08-05-2015, 01:29
Have been wondering same thing for months. Thinking we might have just been left out of this and the apps are all just pc based, with nothing developed for smartglass.

turbohondaej1
08-05-2015, 03:41
I would also like this as well but I thought most apps were user created. Could someone make one for xbox without xbox permission?

Headdogg81
08-05-2015, 05:27
This seems a bit of a shame really. Looks like us console users have been left out in the cold with this. Hopefully with an update later on something will become available though. Fingers are crossed. If anyone comes accross something please let us all know.

General_RIMT
08-05-2015, 06:31
It could be possible that they might add some sort of smart glass companion or second screen support, but because it's on the xbox, it'll have to be done by SMS themselves.

cornwolf
08-05-2015, 07:09
I dont believe its something they will add but dont count it out. In order for apps to work on the PC you have to run a little program normally on your PC which links to the game and then sends the data to your phone or tablet.

ABGRAPHICS
08-05-2015, 10:08
I'm sure its possible to integrate, but doubt we'll see it as much as it would be awesome to have! :(

Tillj
08-05-2015, 13:52
I've been wondering since they put that page on their website. I would like to know if the windows based apps work on Xbox one or are they only available for PC version of Project Cars... anyone managed to have a go.

Bryer
08-05-2015, 15:02
I've been wondering since they put that page on their website. I would like to know if the windows based apps work on Xbox one or are they only available for PC version of Project Cars... anyone managed to have a go.

A lot of the apps need a further application to be running alongside Project CARS, which we cannot install onto the Xbox One.

SpecOps1UK
09-05-2015, 08:14
What about ps4? There's a real time companion app for metal gear and it works well so could it be done on ps4?

bobblebob
09-05-2015, 09:57
I dont think MS allow apps to customise game code on their console anyway

g33k hack3rs
11-05-2015, 20:54
There's many games that integrated with apps and mini games on Smartglass or Android/iOS. It would be as simple as streaming data from the game servers through an API to some server. There were leaderboards for Forza on hosted websites that had nothing to do with the game. Telemetry data and other info would be nice to make available to apps similar to the PC version. Surely this is something that can be sorted out?

pseudonymous
11-05-2015, 21:46
To be honest I think that, for many reasons, console gamers will be the 'poor cousin' for the lifespan of this title. If they have enough success to justify a follow up, maybe that will change.