PDA

View Full Version : Message for devs - Key binds

dvc
08-05-2015, 00:54
I've found myself one annoying issue or I should say missing feature - lack of per car key binds. I hope It shouldn't be hard to implement. In one car I may want to use wipers and lights, but in other I'd like to change brake balance for example. Or maybe use one button as modifier to give even more options for ps4 users. Changing key binds every time I switch cars is tiring.
And other little thing. Why some things MUST be used to make key binds valid, not sure if it was "look behind" or something else, but come on, I've got mirrors to look behind. ;)

Thanks

ironik
08-05-2015, 01:11
pCARS is one of the best console game outhere regarding options, configuration and tweaks.
It's barely an annoying issue or missing feature. ;)
Indeed having that would be a very nice feature though

TheLethalDose
08-05-2015, 01:33
pCARS is one of the best console game outhere regarding options, configuration and tweaks.
It's barely an annoying issue or missing feature. ;)
Indeed having that would be a very nice feature though

It is an annoying issue when there are limited buttons. For instance I don't have enough buttons available for ignition, engine start etc. without sacrificing othef useful button assignments.

Ryzza5
08-05-2015, 02:04
Have you tried connecting a keyboard to your PS4 - you might be able to map all the extra buttons this way?

WadeOhh
08-05-2015, 04:33
Have you tried connecting a keyboard to your PS4 - you might be able to map all the extra buttons this way?

I'm reasonably sure this is a joke, but its a great idea nonetheless :D

Not enough buttons on the console versions. Being a wheel user myself, it'd be good if they even made the DS4 work in conjunction with the wheel, then it would instantly double the amount of buttons available!

dvc
08-05-2015, 04:54

Don't have a keyboard but tried with gamepad for extra buttons - not working.

Liquid-Leeroy
08-05-2015, 05:57
I tried it, not an option. Even though the game recognizes keyboard keys and even lets you navigate the game menus with it, trying to assign actions to them, gives this vague-ass error: "Multiple inputs were detected. No action was assigned."

Fong74
08-05-2015, 07:18
If SMS could make keyboards work for the PS4 version of the ganme it would be a grat feature imho.

JohnSchoonsBeard
09-05-2015, 09:14
If SMS could make keyboards work for the PS4 version of the ganme it would be a grat feature imho.

Indeed it would. I was hoping for this feature on PS4. It's possible on PC. Using a button modifier key (like a shift button) on the wheel or controller would nearly double assignable actions.

As suggestions to SMS.

1 Surely handbrake isn't necessary to force being mapped.

2 Could wipers and lights work automatically if the function isn't mapped to a button, lever or keyboar?