PDA

View Full Version : Which wheel set up would you buy??

TwistedPickle
08-05-2015, 01:07
Hi, total newbie to forums here!!
I joined this forum because im so excited about the arrival of this sim
I need a little advice, if i may

I need a new wheel set up as my G27 is obviously not compatable, which one would you buy?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

DUST2DEATH
08-05-2015, 01:12
Honestly, IMO, NOT the Fanatec...

Headdogg81
08-05-2015, 01:18
I have not got one myself but I have seen adaptors you can purchase that allow the G27 and other wheels to work on the XB. Might be worthwhile invesitgating one of those. Question some others who have maybe used such a device. I had not had any personal experience with them so can't reallly add much more sorry.

Seps1974
08-05-2015, 01:18
I have a Thrustmaster TX and to me is just perfect with PCARS.

TwistedPickle
08-05-2015, 01:22
Thanks for the info, that is the one i was looking at the most, it seems to be the most popular

TwistedPickle
08-05-2015, 01:22
Thanks, i'll look into that

TwistedPickle
08-05-2015, 01:24
I have not got one myself but I have seen adaptors you can purchase that allow the G27 and other wheels to work on the XB. Might be worthwhile invesitgating one of those. Question some others who have maybe used such a device. I had not had any personal experience with them so can't reallly add much more sorry.

Thanks i'll look into that

TwistedPickle
08-05-2015, 01:25
Honestly, IMO, NOT the Fanatec...

any reason why?

DUST2DEATH
08-05-2015, 01:27
any reason why?

Purely because they are too unreliable for the price of admission. When they work, they are great... when they work...

Rockefelluh
08-05-2015, 02:22
+1 for TX. It is a very good system, particularly the base is great. Especially for a first wheel, I wouldn't go full blown Fanatec yet. The TX is a good entry wheel and is good enough to be used for a while. I advise getting the GTE wheel add on if possible, great quality.

Scav3nger
08-05-2015, 02:29
Purely because they are too unreliable for the price of admission. When they work, they are great... when they work...

I've heard their customer support is as reliable as their wheels, sometimes you get a good rep, sometimes you don't, sometimes you get a good wheel, sometimes you don't.

gizziegod
08-05-2015, 02:32
i have a TX for the xbone, the wheel is great but the pedals are well terrible, but an adapter from basherboards and the clubsports work great. on the fanatec issue i had 2 replacement wheels over the space of 5ish years first one failed after 1 week the replacement lasted around 20 months and was replaced with no hassle and that wheel was sold to help finance the TX.

turbohondaej1
08-05-2015, 03:46
I have the tx as well got mine when there was issues with them. Been through 3 bases but have had the last one for over a year now with no problems. Customer service was good and got bases shipped quick to fix the problems. I have the t3pa pedals and the shifter also really like the new pedals compared to the originals A must buy..

turbohondaej1
08-05-2015, 03:50
I was thinking about the club sport pedals. I was wondering do the pedals work right on the Xbox? I'm not familiar with them but do they vibrate or something besides the load cell If so does that work?

Bryer
08-05-2015, 10:34
+1 for TX. It is a very good system, particularly the base is great. Especially for a first wheel, I wouldn't go full blown Fanatec yet. The TX is a good entry wheel and is good enough to be used for a while. I advise getting the GTE wheel add on if possible, great quality.

To be honest the new customisation of the TX wheel makes it a must. I'd hold off on the GTE wheel, as a new one is coming out later in 2015. The TH3P pedals ARE A MUST. The standard pedals are great, however adding a clutch pedal and the conical mod to the brake pedal make them a MUST have if owning the wheel. I have recently purchased them, and they have drastically improved my racing.

_mrP_
08-05-2015, 10:44
I have a tx since the day it was launched. pretty satisfied with it.
you can upgrade rim/pedals/clutch down the road if you want to.

J1n0
08-05-2015, 12:48

Also +1 for TX wheel. Got it for a few weeks now and am very very happy with it. Precision is great, FFB is very good. Good buy! Btw, try to combine it with a Wheelstand, i got mine from wheelstandpro.nl. Really nice setup you got then. Think you can buy it from them in a combo pack with the wheel.

Tillj
08-05-2015, 13:39
I'm using the Madcatz wheel for Xbox One, using on forza really loved it. I will try it with project cars when I get back from work, I recommend it because the finish of the wheel is really nice, its GT style. The peddle base is on the wide side, the peddels them selves are very nice.

DJ ALKOHOLIK
08-05-2015, 15:55

+1 I use a tx with gte rim and a brake mod on standard pedals and it's great for the money!
;)

gizziegod
08-05-2015, 16:30
I was thinking about the club sport pedals. I was wondering do the pedals work right on the Xbox? I'm not familiar with them but do they vibrate or something besides the load cell If so does that work?

the clubsports work great on the xbox and yes there is a loadcell in the brake pedal and depending on how you set them they do vibrate, my pedal goes nuts when im just at that point of locking. I would also expect the V2 pedals will be better.(my pedals are nearly six years old and still work perfectly)

Touc
08-05-2015, 16:50
I have the tx 458 with the t3pa pedals the th8a shifter and the gte wheel ( which I got when I purchased the T300 gte edition ). Fair point in saying I went all in. Recently picked up the wheel stand pro v2 to mount it all on and I must say its all very impressive