PDA

View Full Version : Mechanical fault

Haydos96
08-05-2015, 01:33
Hey guys just wondering on ps4 when you get a mechanical fault what do you do is there a way you get returned to the pits or is it simply badly lol and restart, and is there a way when this happens to retire from the session?

Yuyuko
08-05-2015, 01:37
The answer is: "It depends."
However, the most common way to deal with a mechanical fault is to drive the car back into the pit lane for repairs, if you can. If your car is way off pace and dangerous though, you'll have to restart (if you have that turned on) or quit (which sucks, but that's racing). You can retire from a race from the Pause Menu at any time past the first lap.

Joethe147
08-05-2015, 01:45
When you suffer a failure such as your engine blows, does it intentionally not automatically end the race for you (take you to the final race result for example)? Just to be sure.

DazzElle
08-05-2015, 03:50
PS4/practice mode

How do i get my crew to fix my car,every time i drive back to the pits i drive right through. have tried selecting a pit strategy but it doesn't seem to do anything.

Joethe147
08-05-2015, 14:12
Wondered this myself too. I was actually expecting to just park in the garage and watch the times of others but instead I went straight through the pits and back out on track.

vicdavery
08-05-2015, 14:58
When you go into the pits it will refuel and send you back out.

If you bring up the menu then you can select return to pit box, which will allow you to watch the others out on track and see their telemetry, etc.

SlickReed
15-05-2015, 17:22
Is a mechanical fault caused by anything but RNG? like body damage or bumping other cars? I get a mechanical fault with all engine and car perimeters in the green. Monitored by PCars profiler.