PDA

View Full Version : The Bavarian Legend - ends 21/05/2015 23:59

Fabian Baumgarten
07-05-2015, 22:25
so....first day, first cheater....its a pitty
first two in bavarian legend event got times way below 1 min. 23 sec and 25 sec. i dont have to tell you that this is impossible ;)

yusupov
07-05-2015, 22:30
actually just 23 seconds...

real clever guys lol

DUST2DEATH
07-05-2015, 23:19
Thread in WMD forums in General Discussion. Hopefully it will be taken care of.

yusupov
07-05-2015, 23:55
well i wrote the title...

TheLethalDose
08-05-2015, 01:26
What a fantastic contribution...

Ryzza5
08-05-2015, 01:32
Can't wait for part 2!

ramza
08-05-2015, 01:33
zondiac
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197975319203/

and

=SUCİ= Ditsch@membersuche
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198096018286/

seems to be cheating well can try to report trough steam too i guess

TheLethalDose
08-05-2015, 01:53
https://youtu.be/OFpPjgXleUg

Very disappointing that game developers always underestimate people's ability to find ways to cheat when there are prizes involved.

turbohondaej1
08-05-2015, 03:54
Hopefully this will be addressed first.

badARMony92
08-05-2015, 04:21
People who cut the track just kill the game ��....
It would be easy for developers to patch the game in order to stop that.
It's an amazing game so please don't kill the game

TheLethalDose
08-05-2015, 05:57
Yep now is the make or break time for SMS, hopefully this and other issues will be addressed before people abandon the game completely.

Ch1ps N Queso
08-05-2015, 06:35
Yep now is the make or break time for SMS, hopefully this and other issues will be addressed before people abandon the game completely.

I think you're exaggerating just a smidge. The game has a few issues, sure, but the 5 hours I spent with it tonight were excellent. Won't be abandoning it for a long long while.

yusupov
08-05-2015, 06:40
nope, this is a weird oversight tho. for the first challenge track wouldve thought they took a good look at what have to be the two most prominent cut places! but arent ghosts saved so these can actually be made invalid in hindsight i think.

TheLethalDose
08-05-2015, 07:27
Can now confirm you can cut straight through the chicane just before the last corner on the Barcelona Formula A competition also.

How in years of development these things go unnoticed I have no idea.

TheLethalDose
08-05-2015, 07:30
I think you're exaggerating just a smidge. The game has a few issues, sure, but the 5 hours I spent with it tonight were excellent. Won't be abandoning it for a long long while.

Oh really einstein? So you have barely played the game and think you can downplay the issues that are making the game near unplayable for some people? Right.

The cheating is the smallest point, some steering wheels only partly functioning is a bigger issue for a lot of people.

Elmo
08-05-2015, 07:33
Oh really einstein? So you have barely played the game and think you can downplay the issues that are making the game near unplayable for some people? Right.

The cheating is the smallest point, some steering wheels only partly functioning is a bigger issue for a lot of people.

No need to personal attack other people here.

If you having issues with your wheel please post in the support thread and I'm sure we will be able to help you.

TheLethalDose
08-05-2015, 07:47
No need to personal attack other people here.

If you having issues with your wheel please post in the support thread and I'm sure we will be able to help you.

I thought it was an adequate and not too harsh response in reply to someone making uninformed comments about a game they have barely touched.

JamoZ
08-05-2015, 07:57
Sounds like the start of a thrilling book!

Jan Studenski
08-05-2015, 08:32
I give you the best guide ever:

The answer is (which can be applied to similiar "questions" aswell)

1. Watch Youtube videos of Project CARS of guys driving the Track / Car - Combo and

2. Use other players Ghosts in Time Trial to check other peoples lines. You can have up to 3 Ghosts of other players at the same time.

Further it is highly recommended that you experiment with lines to learn yourself the line and so improving (also mid-longterm) your racing and overtaking abilities!

I hope it helps you - Greez

Doc_Savage_NDMF
08-05-2015, 09:31
I thought it was an adequate and not too harsh response in reply to someone making uninformed comments about a game they have barely touched.

Being one who has touched the game quite a bit (always appropriately) I find how much touching has occurred has little to do with having some decent manners.

To use your logic: "Oh really einstein? So you have barely played the game and think you can play up the issues that are making the game near unplayable for some people? Right."

Some are genuine issues while some are simply settings for personal feel or preference that haven't been sussed out by players yet because there are a Carp ton of options here.

The cut track issue isn't as easy at it sounds. A lot of discussion took place between SP vs MP, Damage on vs Damage off and a bunch of other things. It was proven that making it right for one set of players invariably made it wrong for another group. Some concessions had to be made for hot lapping vs racing. In a race with damage on that chicane in the video is an invitation to breaking your car in a lap or three. That's where most of us who did WMD live, in the racing and SIM aspect of the title.

At the end of the day, someone who posts a video of them cutting the track posts a video of themselves cheating. No one will respect them for that, except others who cheat. I don't care about leader boards so much. Yeah it's fun, but I come to race. I care even less when I load up a ghost of someone who cuts like the video. To me that person accomplished nothing, their glory is stolen. I pity them for a life that requires cheating to get on top of a list in the corner of universe to get a few pats on the internet back to feel they have some sort of life.

People will always cheat, just as people will always pirate. The one thing that will never happen is something getting fixed because of you going off on a person in a forum who has nothing to do with it.

It's not an adequate response. If you want your opinions to be respected, please show some respect. Not everyone thinks (or doesn't think) as you do.

Cheers..!
_

Rob Prange
08-05-2015, 10:22
These issues are being investigated currently.

Martin G Webb
08-05-2015, 10:29
These issues are being investigated currently.

Thank You Rob, your reply will be a relief to many.

OBELIKS
08-05-2015, 10:31
Do you even need to be on top in order so win stuff from Thrustmaster?

AWK
08-05-2015, 10:42
The least you could do is enable their ghosts or let us download their replays to make sure they're clean. My lap is 1.50.1xx and I have no idea how to gain 3 seconds for the lead. Maybe a second, second and a half.

TheLethalDose
08-05-2015, 11:39
The least you could do is enable their ghosts or let us download their replays to make sure they're clean. My lap is 1.50.1xx and I have no idea how to gain 3 seconds for the lead. Maybe a second, second and a half.

I agree, I have a few leaderboard times here and there on other games and what prompted me to investigate people potentially cheating was when I was doing near perfect laps and getting times in the low 1:50.xxx's and wondering how on earth it would be possible to shave off 3 full seconds from this which is an eternity in racing terms.

OBELIKS
08-05-2015, 11:42
Actually you can, go to Time Trial, there you can add ghosts.

MysterG
08-05-2015, 11:47
People who cut the track just kill the game ��....
It's an amazing game so please don't kill the game

Just a note in general that what appears 'easy' usually takes a lot of work behind the scenes.

That's probably the number 1 thing the last few years at WMD has taught me.

ASF - Nobody
08-05-2015, 12:27
I agree, I have a few leaderboard times here and there on other games and what prompted me to investigate people potentially cheating was when I was doing near perfect laps and getting times in the low 1:50.xxx's and wondering how on earth it would be possible to shave off 3 full seconds from this which is an eternity in racing terms.

Could not agree more... raise the off-track lap invalidation system much more & get onto those moronic cutters by suspending their accounts for x days/week - especially in competitions. Also I think you should restrict competitions per controller or make them controller specific not just a cluster of all types. Categorize "PS4" Wheel/Controller, "Xbox" Wheel/Contoller "PC" Wheel/Controller/Keyboard. Clicking Wheel/Controller/Keyboard should send you to the selected leaderboard.

Currently a 00:23:7xx is the fastest time for this comp... Monza no less, in 23 seconds; laughable at best.

Ch1ps N Queso
08-05-2015, 13:25

My comment was mostly directed at your assertion that people will abandon the game completely in the very near future. I think that's a gross overstatement.

I'm not trying to downplay the issues. I'm merely stating that I think the game has a very solid base and will provide me with a great deal of pleasure in the coming year and beyond. I'm sure many others feel the same way.

Bugs are there to be fixed. Some will be, some wont. When the dust settles further down the road we can determine if SMS supported the game and made efforts to correct launch issues. I think they will.

Until then, I think SMS and the backers did a great job with the game. I won't go into detail, but I did a dusk to night race last night at Brno in the GT4 cars and was left with a major erection at the checkered flag. I'm sold!

Elmo
08-05-2015, 14:51
Merged all threads regarding the Bavarian Legend contest and renamed the title.

JonZ
08-05-2015, 15:22
Those who used exploits will be disregarded I'm confident. As for people who has crazy times, I think it possible to download and look at their ghost. You can either inspire from them or report if they use track cuttings. Ghosts are your friends :)

LeveQ
08-05-2015, 17:21
I've got 3/5 WR's right now (well, had before someone beat my Clio time !), the only ones I don't have happen to be the F1 and M1, both you have to cut to get the top times... I tried but I'm bad at cutting :P

But yeah, it seems to be an issue in the tight chicanes, the threshold is far too lenient for the cut, as long as you keep it near the kerb you can be all four INSIDE the apex.

ZokyCRO
09-05-2015, 08:01
I'm so dissapointed now, it seems people are cutting track on Brands hatch now aswell as Monza and Barcelona, such a shame and also there's no option to check ghost data for top players but I'm pretty much sure which ones are cutting....

What's the point of countinuing this competition now? (I have already wasted to much time):(

Siberian Tiger
09-05-2015, 08:07
Well, you can be sure that those times will be deleted by the Devs!

So only really Valid Times will stay at the end...

LeveQ
09-05-2015, 13:11
I'm so dissapointed now, it seems people are cutting track on Brands hatch
Really ? How ? xD

DUST2DEATH
11-05-2015, 03:04
I've got 3/5 WR's right now (well, had before someone beat my Clio time !), the only ones I don't have happen to be the F1 and M1, both you have to cut to get the top times... I tried but I'm bad at cutting :P

But yeah, it seems to be an issue in the tight chicanes, the threshold is far too lenient for the cut, as long as you keep it near the kerb you can be all four INSIDE the apex.

Yes, its FAR to lenient on chicanes.

You can probably still wall bounce on a couple of tracks to.

NVI0U5
11-05-2015, 03:19
G'day Dust2Death, long time no see, are you playing PC now? Havent seen you on Xbox for a while, are you gonna come back?

Mcleod
11-05-2015, 07:52
Well those guys are on the leaderboard but they are greyed out for ghost data so hopefully something is being done about it.

Also how can it let us cut the chicane on that track but on other tracks the lap would be invalid ? hopefully just a bug that will be fixed.

DUST2DEATH
13-05-2015, 01:35
Havent seen you on Xbox for a while, are you gonna come back?

Nope. Those consoles are utter trash.

SpeedFreakDTM
13-05-2015, 20:08
While I agree corner cutting is not a good thing. People will do it. It's really down to the makers of the game to stop the corner cuts.

But the fact remains, the game did not issue a penalty,
It's not that easy to do it get a good lap time.

If these people have not hacked the times, and only driven and cut some corners, then their times should stand.

Codemasters had this issue with a competition they ran. Rules not explained, wall riding was allowed in the end.

Shame I cannot get a good time even with corner cutting. Lol.

nono782
14-05-2015, 07:57
The first question is : how did they do it ?
If they hacked the game's files, you'll have more and more times like those. (or play on consoles while they are not jailbreaked)
If they found an exploit, SMS has to fix it.

ThePla7Maker
16-05-2015, 17:56
how do people find these bugs. always every game there is someone at the top with a impossible score. I am on ps4 I can only just get into 1 min 51
and im very happy with that. still 6 seconds away from leader.

madflea
16-05-2015, 21:04
Why almost everybody on top-10 cuts the T1 and T2 chicanes? Is it legal, or their results will be canceled?

saidur9
17-05-2015, 20:26
Can there be official clarification regarding this event, is corner cutting allowed if game allows it?

Rift Racer
17-05-2015, 22:10
Can there be official clarification regarding this event, is corner cutting allowed if game allows it?

As far as I'm aware (by the look of the finished time board), the times which (majorly) cut the last chicanes at Barcalona Formula a event were removed, but I could be wrong, and would like official clarification, because if it is allowed, it's just pointless to enter. I will not be forced to cut corners to attempt to top leaderboards.

Joni Varis
18-05-2015, 03:41
Nope, times were not removed at all on Barcelona event. But im sure track boundaries are getting fixed soon.

Rift Racer
18-05-2015, 03:49
Nope, times were not removed at all on Barcelona event. But im sure track boundaries are getting fixed soon.

Really? So the devs / whoever is holding the contest are actually allowing these times to win points? That really sucks.

Yeah, I suppose the absence of your name at the top of the leaderboard should've told me that the 'exceeding track limits' times hadn't been removed.

Joni Varis
18-05-2015, 04:14
Ye it sucks, but only thing we can do is to hope that in future cut detection will be fixed and such things wont be possible. Atm it doesnt make much sense to waste time to it if you are clean driver who respect track limits.

Im there, its just that my steam nick is johnnyw84 :) My 1.17.3 lap in event was done without cutting/straightlining the chicane, but if someone have doubts and dont take my work on it, you are always free to watch the ghost. Cant say the same from most others in top of the sheets tho :)

Ripgroove
18-05-2015, 07:29
This whole setup is pointless for 2 reasons:

1: Tuners will always be faster than those who don't have the time to spend tuning.

2: Corner cutting times remaining on the leader boards.

Basically the average Joe who happens to be a quick driver will have no chance against the guy who sits and tunes all day long, this is taking the emphasis off of driving and putting all the rewards on to tuners. And as soon as you start doing that this whole game becomes a tuning game NOT a driving game.

As I've said before the leader boards and competitions alike need filters for TUNED & DEFAULT effectively allowing tuners to compete against tuners and drivers to compete against drivers.

Luke Townsend
18-05-2015, 07:48
This whole setup is pointless for 2 reasons:

1: Tuners will always be faster than those who don't have the time to spend tuning.

-snip-

Is tuning allowed in these community events? I thought it was like Time Trial where no tuning changes are available?

MDH PYRO
18-05-2015, 08:11
I cannot get my head round the fact im doing consistent low 1.54's and somehow people are a clear 10 seconds ahead lol...I considered myself a decent driver but now im not so sure......im pushing hard but 10 seconds slower?....I cannot see that...yes im using auto so I would expect manual to be 2-3 seconds faster

Ripgroove
18-05-2015, 08:12
Is tuning allowed in these community events? I thought it was like Time Trial where no tuning changes are available?

That's one of the issues, not everyone has realised that when you apply a setup in your garage it is active on time trial and community events. If you check the leaderboards through a web browser you can see who has used custom setups and who has used default setups.

Ripgroove
18-05-2015, 08:13
See here for the impact this has: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?24927-Separate-leaderboards-for-custom-amp-locked-setups-for-Time-Trial&p=921338#post921338

Ripgroove
18-05-2015, 08:53
See the leaderboard here, see the "C" by Zlarks name, that means he used a custom setup, and the "D" by my name means I used a default setup:

http://cars-stats-steam.wmdportal.com/index.php/leaderboard?track=521933422&vehicle=2219682419

So there you have it, custom setups are active in Time Trial and community events. Meaning people can tune a car so extremely that it will literally only last one lap before breaking, this means they can do one hot lap, quit, start again, do another hot lap, quit and repeat over and over. Those of us who like to do real hot lapping, ie keep racing around lap after lap without quitting in between are never going to be as quick as those who are exploiting the system.

Again I'm all for allowing tuning in these events as a lot of people really enjoy tuning to win BUT the leaderboards either need splitting entirely for Custom & Default OR just add Custom & Default filters so we can instantly see where we sit on the boards compared to those who are on the same setups.

JerseyOutlaw
18-05-2015, 10:57
Anyone know what the top legit time is. Every ghost I run is blowing through chicanes. I'd rather not do that, but if the times are gonna count I might as well to.

Luke Townsend
18-05-2015, 11:22
That's one of the issues, not everyone has realised that when you apply a setup in your garage it is active on time trial and community events. If you check the leaderboards through a web browser you can see who has used custom setups and who has used default setups.

Oh wow, I never knew that!! Game changing really. Great for people that love to tune (and have the time to test-tune-test-tune etc.), not so great for others (including me) who don't so much.

Ripgroove
18-05-2015, 11:57
Oh wow, I never knew that!! Game changing really. Great for people that love to tune (and have the time to test-tune-test-tune etc.), not so great for others (including me) who don't so much.

Exactly why I've started a thread on the subject here: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?24927-Separate-leaderboards-for-custom-amp-locked-setups-for-Time-Trial&p=921338#post921338

Joni Varis
18-05-2015, 13:11
You guys know that making car to handle as you prefer is part of racing? You dont even need to spend more than few minutes for basic changes (aero,gearing,ride height) which are usually enough to get very competetive times,so imo saying you dont have time for setups is just excuse. It seems that most guys thinks setups are some sort of magic that suddenly makes you super fast, which couldnt be more far from how it really is.

Ripgroove
18-05-2015, 13:13
You guys know that making car to handle as you prefer is part of racing? You dont even need to spend more than few minutes for basic changes (aero,gearing,ride height) which are usually enough to get very competetive times,so imo saying you dont have time for setups is just excuse. It seems that most guys thinks setups are some sort of magic that suddenly makes you super fast, which couldnt be more far from how it really is.

Yes which I agree but there are a lot of people who also like to race on a level stock playing field.

Rift Racer
18-05-2015, 13:26
See the leaderboard here, see the "C" by Zlarks name, that means he used a custom setup, and the "D" by my name means I used a default setup:

http://cars-stats-steam.wmdportal.com/index.php/leaderboard?track=521933422&vehicle=2219682419

So there you have it, custom setups are active in Time Trial and community events. Meaning people can tune a car so extremely that it will literally only last one lap before breaking, this means they can do one hot lap, quit, start again, do another hot lap, quit and repeat over and over. Those of us who like to do real hot lapping, ie keep racing around lap after lap without quitting in between are never going to be as quick as those who are exploiting the system.

Again I'm all for allowing tuning in these events as a lot of people really enjoy tuning to win BUT the leaderboards either need splitting entirely for Custom & Default OR just add Custom & Default filters so we can instantly see where we sit on the boards compared to those who are on the same setups.

I tune my car, but not extremes like radiator / brake duct. However, this is how it is IRL, people tune their cars for quali sessions that won't last more than a few laps. (Classic F1 cars???)

Also people who tune the cars this way will have their own set of problems too;

Messed up that one line? Have to restart, can't just continue round to the next hotlap.
Tyres / brakes won't have proper heat in them for the first lap (I know they're pre-heated for time-trials, but not optimally).

Also, it's really not that difficult to slightly tune a car. I don't know shit about tuning cars properly, but I can always make them a bit more responsive to me etc. with just a few clicks, barely 30 seconds in the tuning menu in sim racing games. It doesn't take massive amount of time / testing.

I'm not against adding filtering to the leaderboards, so you can remove all the custom setup times from your list to see where you are at a glance, but would be against splitting them up, as they're pretty damn empty as it is, I really wouldn't like to see that get any worse.

Then you've also got the issue with the thinking that people who use all all the aids should be filtered too.

Ripgroove
18-05-2015, 13:39
I tune my car, but not extremes like radiator / brake duct. However, this is how it is IRL, people tune their cars for quali sessions that won't last more than a few laps. (Classic F1 cars???)

Also people who tune the cars this way will have their own set of problems too;

Messed up that one line? Have to restart, can't just continue round to the next hotlap.
Tyres / brakes won't have proper heat in them for the first lap (I know they're pre-heated for time-trials, but not optimally).

Also, it's really not that difficult to slightly tune a car. I don't know shit about tuning cars properly, but I can always make them a bit more responsive to me etc. with just a few clicks, barely 30 seconds in the tuning menu in sim racing games. It doesn't take massive amount of time / testing.

I'm not against adding filtering to the leaderboards, so you can remove all the custom setup times from your list to see where you are at a glance, but would be against splitting them up, as they're pretty damn empty as it is, I really wouldn't like to see that get any worse.

Then you've also got the issue with the thinking that people who use all all the aids should be filtered too.

Yeah adding a filter would be e very good solution so everyone has an easy way to see their direct competitors regardless of whether you use custom or default setups. With regards to community events I guess you would have to announce two separate winners, one for default and one for custom but that shouldn't really be a big deal either TBH, and I can't see how doing that would adversely affect either party as you always have the option to compete by tuning or by default.

I don't think assists would need to be filtered as they are tweaked to help with your hardware setups, for example I run with all assists off (except for auto clutch) because my Fanatec pedals have an "ABS" function (not real ABS, all it does is vibrate the pedal at a certain travel), and going by the Forza leader boards driving assists have far less impact on lap times than custom car setups do. On Forza you could easily be at the top of the leaderboards with any combination of assists on or off but if you had a stock car setup you would be way way behind all the custom setups.

Ripgroove
18-05-2015, 13:51
As said I bet there are thousands of people like me and my friends who enjoy banging in a few hot laps whenever we have a free moment at home before work or while waiting for the wife to get the hell out of the shower or whatever without having to have an in depth tuning/testing session first. It's a lot fun to just text a mate randomly and be all like "try TT with this car at this track", on his end he can just fire up the game, load my ghost, run some hot laps and be competitive with me. BUT how it is currently would mean, I'd have to spend time tuning a car to a certain track, set a decent time THEN he'd have to go do the same, and its at that point that you've added in a ton of time (tuning/testing) and made the rivalry more about tuning than racing. Agreed you could share setups but again it then becomes more complicated.

The bottom line is, filtering the LB would cater for those of us who sometimes require the quick and easy driver vs driver level playing field type of rivalry AND would also cater for those who enjoy tweaking a car better than their rivals can. The argument is not that the game should cater for one method that everyone should adopt, more so that adding a filter would be a great addition for both types of racers.

Ripgroove
18-05-2015, 13:54
Anyone know how to officially request a feature to the devs?

Rift Racer
18-05-2015, 13:57
I don't think assists would need to be filtered as they are tweaked to help with your hardware setups, for example I run with all assists off (except for auto clutch) because my Fanatec pedals have an "ABS" function (not real ABS, all it does is vibrate the pedal at a certain travel), and going by the Forza leader boards driving assists have far less impact on lap times than custom car setups do. On Forza you could easily be at the top of the leaderboards with any combination of assists on or off but if you had a stock car setup you would be way way behind all the custom setups.

With all due respect, this ain't Forza. I just don't see how someone can plant the throttle in a 500+ bhp classic F1 car for example (with imaginary, non-existant aids on) at the apex and cruise out of the corner with no drama, whereas we are fighting with our wheels the full way, trying to balance throttle, apply opposite lock etc. and we're in the same leaderboards..... just doesn't seem "right". Custom setups I can accept being on the same leaderboards, but not non-existant driving aids.

Don't get me wrong though, I know aids mostly make you slower, and I can mostly top the leaderboards above everyone that uses them, but without them, half the times up there wouldn't have been possible from most of the people that set them if they wern't using aids.

Edit: Also, the big difference in default vs custom setups leaderboard times in ANY GAME is mostly to do with gearing, (generally) all you need to do is change the final gear ratio for most tracks so that your just before redline in top gear at the end of the longest straight, and with that you'll be able to compete with most at the top of the leaderboards.

Ripgroove
18-05-2015, 14:10
With all due respect, this ain't Forza. I just don't see how someone can plant the throttle in a 500+ bhp classic F1 car for example (with imaginary, non-existant aids on) at the apex and cruise out of the corner with no drama, whereas we are fighting with our wheels the full way, trying to balance throttle, apply opposite lock etc. and we're in the same leaderboards..... just doesn't seem "right". Custom setups I can accept being on the same leaderboards, but not non-existant driving aids.

Don't get me wrong though, I know aids mostly make you slower, and I can mostly top the leaderboards above everyone that uses them, but without them, half the times up there wouldn't have been possible from most of the people that set them if they wern't using aids.

Edit: Also, the big difference in default vs custom setups leaderboard times in ANY GAME is mostly to do with gearing, (generally) all you need to do is change the final gear ratio for most tracks so that your just before redline in top gear at the end of the longest straight, and with that you'll be able to compete with most at the top of the leaderboards.

Oh no I know this is a far cry for Forza, I was just using their LB's an example of generally where custom and default tunes will ultimately end up on leaderboards that have been running for a long long time. I also know that once you know what you are doing a can can be tuned pretty quickly but again that is not really the point, the main point being that I bet a large number of the community would like an option to race locked setups and easily be able to see where they rank on the LB's with other racers with locked setups without having to manually trawl through the LB website out of the game looking for other people with locked setups, its almost an impossible way to find and compete against someone with a locked setup.

Also there is also the fact that I bet a massive amount of people do not even realize that custom setups are even active on TT and Community events, the game does not make it clear at all when you start these events that that is the case.

I actually did get to #6 in the world on a certain car/track combo on Forza 4 way after release by tuning the car myself BUT that took a lot of time and effort on my part with hours and hours and hours of testing and tweaking. Again that is great if your in to that and have the time, but the fact is some of us just want to race a no fuss level playing field race and compare times easily on a LB.

Rift Racer
18-05-2015, 14:43
Yeah, I agree with all of that, the only issue i've got is that the default setups in pCARS are too safe, and just aren't really fun to drive for most cars (for me). I cried out for a 'lock default setups' option in AC for long enough (due to not being able to change them while using the DK2, and not knowing wtf I was doing with setups either) so I know where you're coming from...

Ripgroove
18-05-2015, 15:10
Yeah, I agree with all of that, the only issue i've got is that the default setups in pCARS are too safe, and just aren't really fun to drive for most cars (for me). I cried out for a 'lock default setups' option in AC for long enough (due to not being able to change them while using the DK2, and not knowing wtf I was doing with setups either) so I know where you're coming from...

Agreed I know they are safe but the point is its an equal playing field. I do know how to tune, well did in Forza and I'm sure I could easily pick it up in PCars, but that's not the point here really.

Pablo2008jedi
19-05-2015, 12:15
PS4 Is a time of 1:44 even possible?

I know I'm not the fastest, but I'm never 7 seconds off the pace!!!

https://twitter.com/PabsTheGeek/status/600584514788786176

WRT IVORBIGUN
19-05-2015, 12:25

On the XB1 they are setting very low 1.44s and I fully expect someone will do a 1.43.

They are doing this because they are apparently cutting the 1st and 2nd chicane. I have no idea how they are cutting the 1st chicane though without getting a penalty.

My best is a clean, no cutting 1.48:700 as I refuse to cheat. I removed all downforce and adjusted the gears.

madflea
19-05-2015, 12:31

The true time is about 1:45.8 - 1:46.2. Everyone who faster is just cutting 1st and 2nd chicane. I can't believe that it possible. And I'm wondering why organizers still didn't comment this issue. IMO is not fair if someone will win event by this way.

MisterO
19-05-2015, 19:39
Anyone know how to officially request a feature to the devs?

There's a subforum just for that:
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/forumdisplay.php?131-Feature-Suggestions

Ripgroove
19-05-2015, 20:23
The true time is about 1:45.8 - 1:46.2. Everyone who faster is just cutting 1st and 2nd chicane. I can't believe that it possible. And I'm wondering why organizers still didn't comment this issue. IMO is not fair if someone will win event by this way.

Another good reason not to take part IMO, what would it take for a dev/mod to jump in here and just confirm either way whether the corner cutters will actually be disqualified or not. Obviously I'd like to assume they would be but who knows.

Rift Racer
19-05-2015, 21:01
Another good reason not to take part IMO, what would it take for a dev/mod to jump in here and just confirm either way whether the corner cutters will actually be disqualified or not. Obviously I'd like to assume they would be but who knows.

As Joni stated, they wern't removed from the Formula A event @ Barca.

Ripgroove
19-05-2015, 21:02
As Joni stated, they wern't removed from the Formula A event @ Barca.

Well there you go then, pointless exercise all round then.

TheLethalDose
19-05-2015, 21:49

Well the developer does not seem to really care about communicating with us so far.

I did have the head of the studio reply to my thread about their lack of communication but he tried to turn the issue into a joke instead of being constructive and helping, so that says a lot.

rbl
19-05-2015, 22:01
I've tried, but haven't been able to actually find clear rules for the competition.

1) In-game it says "More info at facebook.com/projectcarsgame/events"

2) fair enough, there is this event at the linked FB page
https://www.facebook.com/events/1619361384948802/
It only lists the main prize for each plattform and then this

"See projectcarsgame.com/terms for rules."

3) great, getting somewhere.
http://www.projectcarsgame.com/terms.html

Facebook Link. The link to our Facebook Events page where longer form text can be read for the Title, Description, Requirements, and Prize List (along with prize criteria)
and that creates a loop :)

In the competitions we had in the past (during development) the winners were choosen by random draw from the event leaderboard (info still visible here (http://www.wmdportal.com/projectnews/win-cool-thrustmaster-gear-with-project-cars/) and here (http://www.wmdportal.com/projectnews/win-cool-thrustmaster-gear-with-project-cars-3/)), but it would be nice to have a clear official clarification about whether this is still the case for this one.

Pablo2008jedi
20-05-2015, 06:49
On the XB1 they are setting very low 1.44s and I fully expect someone will do a 1.43.

They are doing this because they are apparently cutting the 1st and 2nd chicane. I have no idea how they are cutting the 1st chicane though without getting a penalty.

My best is a clean, no cutting 1.48:700 as I refuse to cheat. I removed all downforce and adjusted the gears.

Edit: forgot the quote :P

How can people do this with custom setups, I thought the community events where locked at default car settings?

Ripgroove
20-05-2015, 06:57
Edit: forgot the quote :P

How can people do this with custom setups, I thought the community events where locked at default car settings?

Yep that was the assumption of many BUT it turns out that when you apply a car setup in your garage then start the event that car setup is active.

madmax2069
20-05-2015, 07:04
Its probably a safe bet that the times on the first few pages on the leaderboard are by cutting the corners.

Pablo2008jedi
20-05-2015, 07:08
Yep that was the assumption of many BUT it turns out that when you apply a car setup in your garage then start the event that car setup is active.

Oh...well that's not right!!!! Damn!! Better get a setup done then :D

Rift Racer
20-05-2015, 18:04
Oh...well that's not right!!!! Damn!! Better get a setup done then :D

No point, unless you fancy missing out all of the chicanes on the track to achieve a competitive time. Setups aren't the problem, track limits are.

leftturney
20-05-2015, 20:11
No point, unless you fancy missing out all of the chicanes on the track to achieve a competitive time. Setups aren't the problem, track limits are.

Just set ride height to max and you're good to go amirite?

ZerahTuL
22-05-2015, 14:23
Hi, i am the winner of the Bavarian Legend event in Xbox One. When u guys are going to contact with me in Xbox live to send my adress?

Thanks

Ripgroove
22-05-2015, 15:10
Hi, i am the winner of the Bavarian Legend event in Xbox One. When u guys are going to contact with me in Xbox live to send my adress?

Thanks

Did you cut the chicanes like all the other top times?

Fabian Baumgarten
22-05-2015, 19:55
don't know what they achieved on xbox one, but if his time is faster than 1:44.0, he surely used the cuts.

Ripgroove
25-05-2015, 19:33
This whole community event is train wreck.

GMDLONDON
27-05-2015, 20:14
Eider they will give the prices based on delivered lap times or re-run the TTs , no one give specific rules before TT and that should be in first place and second the game penalty didn't work as they should, and no one on ps4 can tell if there was cut or not, in german they say, Hide Clape and drive, cos if my lap time would be first they would had to give me the price. and i did cut as in REAL LIVE drivers do cuts on some trucks, but such things must be state Black on White. dont cry boys the are gone be more TT and fix in game for sure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbAbNKW4QaE

Fabian Baumgarten
28-05-2015, 08:15
some official comment from the devs, who actually has won something on this event, or if this event is restarted, would be nice...
so, its almost one week ago this event ended and nothing official has been announced. neither the 3 winners, nor how they will handle cheated/cutted times...

GMDLONDON
28-05-2015, 12:24
some official comment from the devs, who actually has won something on this event, or if this event is restarted, would be nice...
so, its almost one week ago this event ended and nothing official has been announced. neither the 3 winners, nor how they will handle cheated/cutted times...

They talk about SMSr on twiter as they have more mess with championship but nothing about thrustmaster gear TTs, I think they cant do nothing about cuts at Monza , but on PC they have mess with 23sec times, I dont think they will get the price , 1.23.xxx was impossible too, and the rest should get the wheels without any problem cos if THRUSTMUSTER is the sponsor and see what they do , hmmmm Mad Studio its small company they need good relations with sponsors, but I might be totally wrong, so if you whant to know just call them uk 02072521843 :friendly_wink:

Quiarlos87
29-05-2015, 09:26
Hi,i am the winner of the bavarian legend ps4,when you contact whith me in psnetwork?
Thanks

Ripgroove
29-05-2015, 10:04
Hi,i am the winner of the bavarian legend ps4,when you contact whith me in psnetwork?
Thanks
What was your time?

GMDLONDON
29-05-2015, 12:16
Thanks

oh you last day you jumped out, hehe, good time, Congratulation and regards

Quiarlos87
29-05-2015, 12:46
What was your time?

1;43;8xx

Quiarlos87
29-05-2015, 12:47
oh you last day you jumped out, hehe, good time, Congratulation and regards
Very thanks GMDLONDON ;)

GMDLONDON
29-05-2015, 13:15
Very thanks GMDLONDON ;)

You did find some good setup:rolleyes: I did try me best but second chicane was nightmare ,

I dont mine if we gone drive with some cuts the next TT, but NO CHEATS drive thru pit line or any other bugs no walls hit, if all top players agree to the game rules we dont need update fix .

tell what you thing???

and I will ask the rest players from the leaderboard. ADR_LONDON did agree we can cut last two chicanes on LE MANS,

nono782
08-06-2015, 08:57
Out of curiosity, how much did your custom setup count in your time ?

bubbadabutcher
16-06-2015, 01:06

Sounds like they should hire you! ;)

Hah, last beer for me! Didn't realize how old this post was