PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Can't configure ECCI 7000 wheel

Austinchallenge
08-05-2015, 02:23
I've tried all the Fanatec wheel configs to see if one would pick it up, and I've tried the custom wheel setting. But custom setting doesn't capture any rotation in the wheel.

Anyone have any advice ?

Thanks so much.

Bubbz
08-05-2015, 06:31
Had same issue with my fanatec CSW v2

Would not pick up wheel rotation during calibration process.

Try going into "Edit Assignments" and then use the "turn left" and "turn right" inputs.

turn wheel all the way in one direction... the game should pick up the wheel after it spins back. Do same for other side.
Repeat calibration and hopefully it will pick it up.

Unfortunately it looks like these settings get reset everytime you leave the game though... since the game defaults to fanatec CSW rather than CSW v2... for me anyway.

Ruszek83
08-05-2015, 07:35
Austin... I suggest you send your ECCI 7000 to me and i will figure it out for you ! :P

Siberian Tiger
08-05-2015, 07:37
Do you use Costum Wheel Preset in the Options? If yes make sure you doing the whole calibration Process after selecting the Costum Wheel.

Austinchallenge
08-05-2015, 11:32
Do you use Costum Wheel Preset in the Options? If yes make sure you doing the whole calibration Process after selecting the Costum Wheel.

Yes, I've run the whole process several times. The game doesn't pickup any wheel rotation input at any point in the range.

Joven
08-05-2015, 11:39
Yes, I've run the whole process several times. The game doesn't pickup any wheel rotation input at any point in the range.

Does it pick up the axis and display it properly when you assign the steer left/right before you calibrate?

Austinchallenge
08-05-2015, 18:06
No. When I try to assign left / right, it doesn't recognize any input from the wheel. I'll also add that I have 6 user definable buttons on the wheel (3 each side), and it doesn't pick those up either.

??

terranaut
13-05-2015, 13:04
i have an ECCI wheel as well that i was using with ACmainly, and now with PC i cant get any recognition at all since theres no support for it. ECCI wheels are made by one man whos always ready to help ensure games are working with his products so im surprised at zero support for the wheel, i hope this gets resolved since i cant play until then.

kreease
04-06-2015, 08:06
Any chance that either of you ended up getting to the point where your wheels were recognised?

My ECCI 7000 won't show up in either Custom Wheel or Edit Assignments.

Bruno Alexandre
04-06-2015, 09:10
Any of you attempted to contact ECCI to see if they had suggestions or recommendation on how to make it work with our game?

While we're at it, i just noticed that some users were experiencing the issue you describe after installing R3E http://steamcommunity.com/app/244210/discussions/0/35221031521633143/
Could it be that you might have installed a game which overwritten the drivers you had? Have you attempted to reinstall the wheel drivers ?

kreease
05-06-2015, 08:27
R3E was installed on my system after Assetto, but before CARS. Assetto and R3E are both functioning normally with the wheel.

It would be great if ECCI specific support could be added, but at least generic Immersion Touchsense support. I might have to contact ECCI though in the meantime.

Thanks again.

Bruno Alexandre
05-06-2015, 09:22
Are there any drivers or software included with those wheels ? If you go into the windows controller definitions does it detect the wheel and movement ?

kreease
05-06-2015, 09:41
Ooh, ooh, ooh!! I just got it working!!

Turns out that was as simple as making sure that when in Edit Assignments the wheel is turned back to centre after turning clockwise or anticlockwise. My experience with other sims is that the wheel registers once the wheel has moved off centre by a certain amount of degrees.

Thank you so much for for your diligence and suggestions Bruno.

Bruno Alexandre
08-06-2015, 09:44
As i said on the Steam forums, glad you found a way around and thanks for sharing the solution. This will surely be helpful for the other ECCI users out there.

Blvd69
08-06-2015, 16:46
Is there a page that tell a player how to set up a wheel and also a page that tells the player what kind of wheels work with Project cars?

Mahjik
08-06-2015, 17:28
Is there a page that tell a player how to set up a wheel and also a page that tells the player what kind of wheels work with Project cars?

http://www.projectcarsgame.com/beyond-reality.html

Depending on the wheel, there are several pages around this forum for setting them up (i.e. they are typically wheel specific threads).

premiereboy
22-07-2015, 11:30
I have ECCI 6000 Pedals + Fanatec Wheel Base setup, the wheel is detected correctly and everything work on the wheel but the pedal is detect as a stand alone setup but does NOT detect it in calibration etc .. Any help would be appreciated...

Mahjik
22-07-2015, 13:10
I have ECCI 6000 Pedals + Fanatec Wheel Base setup, the wheel is detected correctly and everything work on the wheel but the pedal is detect as a stand alone setup but does NOT detect it in calibration etc .. Any help would be appreciated...

Go into "Edit Assignments" and manually assign the pedal axises.

premiereboy
22-07-2015, 14:06
Ok, Great... I will try that shortly and get back to you..

premiereboy
22-07-2015, 15:07
Ok, all works as it should.. I did do same thing on my other SIM's but my head is gone for now so I am forgetting simple information ..

Thank you for a prompt support help...