PDA

View Full Version : TX Wheel Calibration/DOR

wearymick
08-05-2015, 03:12
The game is recognising my TX fine but wheel calibration returns a DOR of 270. I suspect it may be the result of user stupidity lol but I've been doing my best to follow the animated on-screen instructions. Out on the track the wheel feels like a limp noodle with a very lazy centre, only weak feedback, and crossed arms required for comparatively shallow bends, so suspect all is not quite right. Anybody else encountered this? Are other people calibrating their wheels, using wheelside DOR settings, or just jumping right in?

DUST2DEATH
08-05-2015, 04:56
You have set the DOR of 900 directly on the wheel itself before starting pCars yes?

Touc
08-05-2015, 06:38
Ive set mine to 900 directly on the base and its fine but having slight issues getting a good balance of ffb

DUST2DEATH
08-05-2015, 06:45
set the deadzone removal to 0.02

increase tyre force in ffb calibration.

You can also adjust each cars ffb individually in the car setups.

Seps1974
08-05-2015, 09:04
When following the on-screen animation you really must hold the wheel on step 2 when you reach 900 and then press A, don't forget to press A again to save it.

Bryer
08-05-2015, 09:12
The wheel will reset once you enter SNAP or enter the DASHBOARD when using the game. The only way to restore FFB and the wheel to game settings is to power cycle. This is most annoying when in the middle of a 10 lap race and you join a party.

RoccoTTS
08-05-2015, 10:54
Delete

I find the answer myself !

gizziegod
08-05-2015, 13:34
The wheel will reset once you enter SNAP or enter the DASHBOARD when using the game. The only way to restore FFB and the wheel to game settings is to power cycle. This is most annoying when in the middle of a 10 lap race and you join a party.

is this true, it would explain some things.

KD750
15-05-2015, 04:37
The game is recognising my TX fine but wheel calibration returns a DOR of 270. I suspect it may be the result of user stupidity lol but I've been doing my best to follow the animated on-screen instructions. Out on the track the wheel feels like a limp noodle with a very lazy centre, only weak feedback, and crossed arms required for comparatively shallow bends, so suspect all is not quite right. Anybody else encountered this? Are other people calibrating their wheels, using wheelside DOR settings, or just jumping right in?

I experienced the same problem in my PC with my TX Ferrari 458 Italia XBOXONE wheel too... the deadzone at the middle is so weir and the car can't be handled properly. As STBull has pointed out above, Pcars treated our wheel as a controller pad (i.e. it uses the driver of the controller rather than the V48 driver provided by Thrustmaster inside the game) So... the steering setting is basically not correct and is just a modelling of the controller pad. I think this is a driver problem and is a bug.