PDA

View Full Version : Interface Borked in Triple Monitor... and HUD doesn't persist.

Essobie
08-05-2015, 03:27
I have an atypical triple screen resolution of 5760x1200 (three 1920x1200 monitors in landscape). The problem with this resolution seems to be that PC's interface is making some wild assumptions that my center screen is 1080p, and thus the sides of various things get cut out of the center screen and show up on the side screens.

This is particularly bad with the racing HUD, where the default position of race positions and gear/speed are lopped into thirds.

This would be no big deal since there seems to be a rather nice interface for customizing the HUD in game... but for some reason, it's completely bugged out (elements don't go where I drop them... they go... somewhere else? And worst of all... between racing sessions, the customized HUD doesn't persist!

As a side note (I'll probably find a different thread specifically about steering wheels for this) the 404 degrees that I have my G27 set to seems to be completely ignored by the game. Once it gets fully in game, it defaults to 900 degrees (of which I hate) and the configuration doesn't ever seem to get things in a range I feel comfortable racing with.

All that said, having been playing Assetto Corsa for about a year now, I can safely say that this overall package feels much more like a put together product than AC by quite a margin. I only hope that it gets some patches in the future that address some of these issues.

TenthDan
08-05-2015, 03:31
I have an atypical triple screen resolution of 5760x1200 (three 1920x1200 monitors in landscape). The problem with this resolution seems to be that PC's interface is making some wild assumptions that my center screen is 1080p, and thus the sides of various things get cut out of the center screen and show up on the side screens.

This is particularly bad with the racing HUD, where the default position of race positions and gear/speed are lopped into thirds.

This would be no big deal since there seems to be a rather nice interface for customizing the HUD in game... but for some reason, it's completely bugged out (elements don't go where I drop them... they go... somewhere else? And worst of all... between racing sessions, the customized HUD doesn't persist!

As a side note (I'll probably find a different thread specifically about steering wheels for this) the 404 degrees that I have my G27 set to seems to be completely ignored by the game. Once it gets fully in game, it defaults to 900 degrees (of which I hate) and the configuration doesn't ever seem to get things in a range I feel comfortable racing with.

All that said, having been playing Assetto Corsa for about a year now, I can safely say that this overall package feels much more like a put together product than AC by quite a margin. I only hope that it gets some patches in the future that address some of these issues.

I can't answer the first bit, but for the G27 steering range the game actually automatically works out the correct ratio for each car, so for example the Formula cars will work with ~180 lock not the full 900. Test it out and see how you go.

You can adjust the steering lock in the car setup screen if need be from there. Definitely best to leave your wheel at 900 in Project CARS.

Easty
08-05-2015, 07:24
Tri-Screen is not supported as far as I can tell. It will work as a spanned screen, But it just deals with it like a single monitor.

We need a menu option to enter the angle of our screens so it can render a different view for each screen.

I was kinda pished to find this out as I have built a triscreen sim and canny use it yet as the side screen distortion is vomit educing like it is.

An Easy way to see is do a f12 in game for a snapshot and any game that adjust for true triscreen you will see obvious lines in between each screen.

This is Pcars Triscreen snapshot. render like a single large screen.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=438589949

This is from AC with correct Tri-SCreen adaption.

Essobie
08-05-2015, 11:56
Tri-Screen is not supported as far as I can tell. It will work as a spanned screen, But it just deals with it like a single monitor.

We need a menu option to enter the angle of our screens so it can render a different view for each screen.

I was kinda pished to find this out as I have built a triscreen sim and canny use it yet as the side screen distortion is vomit educing like it is.

An Easy way to see is do a f12 in game for a snapshot and any game that adjust for true triscreen you will see obvious lines in between each screen.

This is Pcars Triscreen snapshot. render like a single large screen.

This is from AC with correct Tri-SCreen adaption.

My understanding from other places on the Internet is that eventually pCars is going to do the individual rendering at some point (and that most of their efforts on rendering at this time are for VR support since that's all the rage). What is unfortunate is that just rendering each screen individually isn't necessarily going to fix Interface issues unless they literally ignore side monitors for all Interface elements and confine them to the center 1/3 of any resolution wider than 16:9 aspect ratio.

WHICH I WOULD BE 100% DOWN WITH. Having to go to the top left of my enormous resolution to click a little "go back" arrow is quite annoying.

My main reason for posting is that the HUD customization simply doesn't function correctly and any changes don't persist between driving sessions.

Also, your screenshots are both of AC. I know what you are talking about though as I've been playing AC for months on my rig and enjoy their triple screen support... at least for the rendering stuff. Many HUD elements like those shown in your screen shot such as damage indicators are in places they don't belong and can only be adjusted via editing text files. Same with having the App menu all the way against the right side of the full view (everything should be confined to center screen).

Easty
10-05-2015, 03:06
My understanding from other places on the Internet is that eventually pCars is going to do the individual rendering at some point (and that most of their efforts on rendering at this time are for VR support since that's all the rage). What is unfortunate is that just rendering each screen individually isn't necessarily going to fix Interface issues unless they literally ignore side monitors for all Interface elements and confine them to the center 1/3 of any resolution wider than 16:9 aspect ratio.

WHICH I WOULD BE 100% DOWN WITH. Having to go to the top left of my enormous resolution to click a little "go back" arrow is quite annoying.

My main reason for posting is that the HUD customization simply doesn't function correctly and any changes don't persist between driving sessions.

Also, your screenshots are both of AC. I know what you are talking about though as I've been playing AC for months on my rig and enjoy their triple screen support... at least for the rendering stuff. Many HUD elements like those shown in your screen shot such as damage indicators are in places they don't belong and can only be adjusted via editing text files. Same with having the App menu all the way against the right side of the full view (everything should be confined to center screen).

Yeah the fact they have focused on VR is a bit disheartening. There is no Consumer VR even available and it maybe end of the year. I have DK2 and I don't rate it good enough quality to really play for a good duration.

Be nice if we can do a poll somewhere to draw attention to all the Triscreen people that own the game.

The funny thing is regardless all the time spent on track modelling if your using a single screen with wide FOV the whole track will be distorted.

Mahjik
10-05-2015, 03:12
The HUD problem is known and will be addressed (i.e. it used to work). FWIW, I'm a triple screen user myself and used to rely on being able to move the HUD around to better suit triple monitors so I'm eagerly awaiting the the return of the HUD saving. ;)

Ysteb
30-01-2017, 16:20
Look at this old thread, and still no proper triple screen support, not even a way to keep the menus on the center screen...

Mahjik
30-01-2017, 16:56
Look at this old thread, and still no proper triple screen support, not even a way to keep the menus on the center screen...

It's not happening for pCARS1.