PDA

View Full Version : Thrustmaster Ferrari 458 Spider Racing Wheel Connectivity Issue

Rotk
08-05-2015, 04:11
So I just bought the Thrustmaster Ferrari 458 Spider Italia Racing Wheel. I know it is made for the Xbox One but it is also a windows peripheral. I connect it to my computer and it recognizes something was connected but that an update is needed. According to Thrustmaster's website I do not need an update but that it is simply plug and play. It is most definitely not plug and play. When pressing the xbox button on the right a white LED does light up but that is it. If someone has had this issue and has fixed it PLEASE let me know how you fixed it.

Thank you

Max Kelly
08-05-2015, 09:48
which driver and firmware you're using the steering wheel?

ItchyBear
08-05-2015, 16:15
I have a TM 458 XBO coming tomorrow. I understand there is a link light between the 458 and the Xbox Kinect sensor? Do you have your Kinect enabled/setup?

It's a wild guess but thought it might help you? Will know better myself tomorrow when I get chance to connect my own. If you still have issues feel free to message me and I'll try to help (assuming there isn't a problem with the TM 458 XBO unit)? :/

All the best,

ADDED:

Just read your post again; If your trying to connect the Xbox One 458 Italia wheel to a PC you may have problems. Thrustmaster website lists it as NOT compatible with the PC, it's an Xbox One ONLY device, unlike the TX 458 Italia which is compatible with both PC and Xbox One.

KD750
15-05-2015, 03:34
Thrustermaster Ferrari 458 Spider (no ffb) supports XBOXONE only and not for PC.
Thrustermaster Ferrari 458 Italia (with ffb) supports both XBOXONE and PC.

The following link provides the new driver for 458 Italia for PC.

http://ts.thrustmaster.com/eng/index.php?pg=view_files&gid=12&fid=83&pid=366&cid=15

So I just bought the Thrustmaster Ferrari 458 Spider Italia Racing Wheel. I know it is made for the Xbox One but it is also a windows peripheral. I connect it to my computer and it recognizes something was connected but that an update is needed. According to Thrustmaster's website I do not need an update but that it is simply plug and play. It is most definitely not plug and play. When pressing the xbox button on the right a white LED does light up but that is it. If someone has had this issue and has fixed it PLEASE let me know how you fixed it.

Thank you

MarkJohnson
21-09-2016, 01:45
Sorry to revive this old thread, but I was wondering if this is working with this game yet? I can't get anything, not even with custom.

I read this was working with windows 10 now, but only Forza 6: apex works with it. It is very nice.

Any more info on this working on the PC (windows 10 pro x64?) I would love to have it working for all of my car games.

Sorry for newb questions, but this is my first steering/pedals I bought.

MemphisNX
12-10-2016, 21:27
I just bought this wheel and a bunch of racing games to play with it. The 458 Italia just showed up and I cannot seem to get it to work at all. Is this thing incompatible with Win 10?!?!?!?!?!?!?

MarkJohnson
11-02-2017, 00:17
I just bought this wheel and a bunch of racing games to play with it. The 458 Italia just showed up and I cannot seem to get it to work at all. Is this thing incompatible with Win 10?!?!?!?!?!?!?

I got my 458 spyder to work on win10 in ms store only and only xbox titles. I had to select xbox one controller iirc.

But I still haven't been able to get it to work outside of the MS store. i.e. steam won't work with it either.

I can't seem to even find the driver. It just works in the store. The store must have some wierd built in driver of some sort for the xbox one controller.

I'm surprised there is no drive made for it. It's a shame as I don't even own an Xbox One. lol