PDA

View Full Version : Hopefully I won't get anymore flak for asking this here.

MisterJimDavis
08-05-2015, 04:13
Ok, so before I start, I just want to clarify that I have YET to get a straight answer about this question.

Can you tune your car for optimal drifting in this game?

Every "answer" I've gotten on every forum and livestream that I've asked has been "This is a racing sim, if you want to drift play NFS" or "Why do you want to drift in a racing sim?" I understand that the core game is racing, but that can't stop me for wanting to hit a time trial and go sideways the entire way. If the physics system is life like, then I should be able to drift a car like people do in real life.

TenthDan
08-05-2015, 04:16
You can adjust the car's setup to settings that would promote drift. You should then also change to a harder compound tyre.

There's no reason you shouldn't be able to get the cars to drift, up to the point of installing new parts ;)

Aldo Zampatti
08-05-2015, 04:18
There are cars on which you can drift better than others.

But It should be hard to tune them for hardcore drifting as those cars are heavily tweaked. But if a car is a drifter on stock, and we have it here, then you should be able to do so.

Personally the BMW 1M is very fun for those fun days on the track :)

EDIT: Somehow ninja'd in the new forum! :'( Glad you're awake since I'll goto bed in a few moments and I couldn't stop replying here! :)

DUST2DEATH
08-05-2015, 04:21
Sounds like a question for Alex...

Aldo Zampatti
08-05-2015, 04:23
Here's more info from our guy Hobbs!
Be sure to check his entire series as he is VERY informative and nice to follow:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kT4xdphZ78c

Yuyuko
08-05-2015, 04:27
Ok, so before I start, I just want to clarify that I have YET to get a straight answer about this question.

Can you tune your car for optimal drifting in this game?

The cars in the Road categories aren't setup to drift by default, but you can probably get a decent hooning out of the BMW 1M Coupe out of the box as long as you turn the assists off. There are no specially-tuned drift cars with extra steering lock, which might be a bummer if you want to do only drifting in Project CARS.

MisterJimDavis
08-05-2015, 04:34
Here's more info from our guy Hobbs!
Be sure to check his entire series as he is VERY informative and nice to follow:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kT4xdphZ78c

Great vid! Thank you for that.

Also, is that how the smoke effect is on the gold build of Project CARS? I also noticed a lack of tire rubber being left on the track during a drift.

MisterJimDavis
08-05-2015, 04:37
I really hope Slightly Mad Studios has stuff planned for the minority drift fans out there like me. Their partnership with Formula D on Shift 2 was the primary reason I played that game.

Aldo Zampatti
08-05-2015, 04:45
Great vid! Thank you for that.

Also, is that how the smoke effect is on the gold build of Project CARS? I also noticed a lack of tire rubber being left on the track during a drift.

That's a very old build I guess. Right now you can tweak particles according your system performance, that looks like Low or less than low maybe :) (there are two parameters I believe!)

MisterJimDavis
08-05-2015, 04:52
That's a very old build I guess. Right now you can tweak particles according your system performance, that looks like Low or less than low maybe :) (there are two parameters I believe!)

I'm gonna be picking it up on PS4 :hopelessness:

Aldo Zampatti
08-05-2015, 05:10
Glad you'll join us... Just be sure to share your Videos in the Driver Network SubForum here, I would love to see your drifts with a DualShock4 ;-)
Alex (From Race Central) is like a Drift King to me.. and I saw other Stunt Driving videos from him that you make you go crazy! :)

IJOJOI
08-05-2015, 05:17
For drifting without too much setupwork:

RUF RGT-8 (Street Car) + UHP SUMMER TIRE

Absolutely EPIC ;)

Aldo Zampatti
08-05-2015, 05:20
I find the 1M more violent and fun.... so yeah, he has options! :)

IJOJOI
08-05-2015, 05:42
I find the 1M more violent and fun.... so yeah, he has options! :)

Aldo you're an ANIMAL here ;)

Aldo Zampatti
08-05-2015, 05:57
Just tryin' to help.. you know! :) I'm saying I will go to bed since an hour ago!!! But Meanwhile, i'm setting up the newest version of Windows10 on my other PC so helping is better than whatching TV:)

MisterJimDavis
13-05-2015, 06:04
I just got this game today ;)

Got the only copy that my local GameStop had that wasn't pre-ordered. Started to give a shot on drifting with some setup suggestions I've seen on the forums with poor results lol. I can never seem to counter steer correctly, and I either spin out mid drift or overcorrect and spin out. Must keep practicing!