PDA

View Full Version : H shifter keeps going into neutral?

Roscoe
08-05-2015, 04:21
This game and also does it in Grid when using clutch and H pattern shifter will always go into nautral when changing gears not all the time but most of the time when you change gear, game breaking fault i cant play it unless it gets fixed

Morgan Henstridge
08-05-2015, 04:27
My H Shifter / Clutch are working as expected.

What Make / Model shifter are you using and how is it connected ??

edit - If it is also happening in Grid, it is likely to be a Software / Hardware issue and is not specifically related to Project Cars, but we may be able to assist and get you going.

TenthDan
08-05-2015, 04:31
If you have manual clutch too, the game models realistic gear shift timings, so if you're trying to change faster than would work in real life it will drop to neutral. You might need to practice timings a bit. I've been caught out by this myself!

Also, just to clarify, is this in particular cars or all?

ZiggyUK
08-05-2015, 04:33
keep answering this one in the Steam Forum .... here is what I am quoting tose guys

I am going to stab at the fact that you may not be applying the clutch long enough. This simulates true to life race cars. Hold the clutch in longer and you will notice this no longer happens. Many race cars have semi automatic clutches but not all.

Also if you incorrectly shift and the gearing goes into neutral you will not be able to reengage the gear if the revs are too high or you have not engaged the clutch long enough.

If you are still not convinced try turning on Auto Clutch for a while and see if that helps

Morgan Henstridge
08-05-2015, 04:33
If you have manual clutch too, the game models realistic gear shift timings, so if you're trying to change faster than would work in real life it will drop to neutral. You might need to practice timings a bit. I've been caught out by this myself!

Also, just to clarify, is this in particular cars or all?

Correct, a good test for this is to enable Auto Clutch. If it works as expected then, you are simply shifting too fast for the realistic modelling.

If you still have issues with Auto Clutch enabled, then it is likely a hardware / software issue as stated above.

edit - Ninja'd :)

Roscoe
08-05-2015, 04:39
I mean other car sims work perfectly fine, guess ill just have to shift slower but coming from other sims shifting fast its going to be hard especially when im heel and toeing.

Thanks for the help.

Morgan Henstridge
08-05-2015, 04:43
Glad that's all it is.

I actually use my Clutch pedal, but i also leave Auto clutch on as i find it frustrating when i miss shifts. Auto clutch will mean the shift engages, but power / drive will not be engaged before the correct time, so no advantage in lap times, but a lot less frustrating :)

One Day i will master this without Auto Clutch, but not today :)

Aldo Zampatti
08-05-2015, 04:43
I mean other car sims work perfectly fine, guess ill just have to shift slower but coming from other sims shifting fast its going to be hard especially when im heel and toeing.

Thanks for the help.

If you use manual clutch, you should know that different cars behave differently and their gearbox are syncronized to work as they should on a real manual gearbox corresponding to that car. i.e., Lotus 98T would shift faster than Ford Capri

Roscoe
08-05-2015, 05:42
Iv being doing what you have told me and man its so much better, my driving is heaps better now alot more smother and faster now.

Cheers guys thanks for the help

Mattias
08-05-2015, 07:30
Excellent! I thought I felt like the clutch was behaving differently than other simracers I've played. Had to be smoother with it.
This is why I love PCars! :)

Xdelboyx
09-05-2015, 07:31
So I have th8a and t3pa and tx wheel and I am unable to select neutral as a gear period....it will go through neutral to the next gear but I cannot get neutral via the th8a.....I can with the paddles burnt have paddles assigned to other functions and this makes starting a stalled car difficult if I can't find neutral

Aldo Zampatti
09-05-2015, 17:35
So I have th8a and t3pa and tx wheel and I am unable to select neutral as a gear period....it will go through neutral to the next gear but I cannot get neutral via the th8a.....I can with the paddles burnt have paddles assigned to other functions and this makes starting a stalled car difficult if I can't find neutral

I think you're the second user I find with the same issue, G25/G27 works fine. I'll post this to the threads for the devs
thanks