PDA

View Full Version : Game breaking bug - wrong standings!

stealthvic
08-05-2015, 04:40
I just finished a race in 1st place in the campaign mode, only to see 3 other drivers who are sitting in their garages take the podium. :confused::confused::confused:

See the results screen for yourself. There was absolutely no one in front of me when I crossed the finished line, and I had by far the fastest laps. This also happened to a reviewer from Gamespot. who said:

Unfortunately, Iíve also hit a number of incredibly frustrating bugs throughout my play time. Iíve had dominating first place wins taken away from me as, suddenly and without warning, Project CARS becomes convinced that Iím in last, not first place. http://www.gamespot.com/project-cars-review/

And indeed.. a immensely frustrating bug. :mad:

Morgan Henstridge
08-05-2015, 04:48
What Track / Layout was this at??

stealthvic
08-05-2015, 05:17
What Track / Layout was this at??

I think Donington but can't quite remember. It's the 4th round (2nd race) in the Renault UK Clio Cup campaign.

dominiczeth
08-05-2015, 05:40
Interesting Bug... I think it will be fixed very soon. Was it on PC?

stealthvic
08-05-2015, 14:24
Correct this was on PC.

After a little thinking, I think I know how this bug came about.

This was during a 5 lap race where you have to make a mandatory pit stop. Those 3 vehicles made their pit stop in the very last lap. I guess they "crossed" the finish line in the pit area, which explains their huge, impossible 18 second lead.

They should've been disqualified for not pitting sooner.

Blackvault
08-05-2015, 14:25
Correct this was on PC.

After a little thinking, I think I know how this bug came about.

This was during a 5 lap race where you have to make a mandatory pit stop. Those 3 vehicles made their pit stop in the very last lap. I guess they "crossed" the finish line in the pit area, which explains their huge, impossible 18 second lead.

They should've been disqualified for not pitting sooner.

That sounds a very plausible bug. Thanks for taking the time to think about it and not just scream and shout that there is a bug! :)

Pete