PDA

View Full Version : A little help please and some problems.

caslad81
08-05-2015, 06:00
Hi All,

Just a few things that I have found possible problems and some questions and just wondered if someone could shed a little light on them?
1 The AI seem very overpowered in the wet (DTM Spa) 2nd in the dry but 8 seconds off last in the wet 90% AI
2 How do I know how much fuel to carry in a race? do I need to work it out manually during practice?
3 How do I know what tyres my opponents are using?
4 How do I set mandatory pit stops in solo races or other rules for e.g. no of tyres allowed per weekend?
5 How do I enable formation lap in solo races?
6 I cannot scroll up or down on the timing boards to see others lap times (Thrustmaster T300RS)
7 How do I ask my race engineer to troubleshoot problems (it keeps telling me to do it on the loading screens)
8 What's the difference between the brands of tyres?
9 The timing screens seem broke as they do not show sector times most of the times just -.-.-.-.-
10 Can I select different liveries or do I just get given a random one in solo races?
11 Is there any way to know how warn your tyres are apart from feel?

Sorry for all the above, I just want to get the most out of the game!

Great game btw way, the handling model is fantastic and looks absolutely stunning. Just needs a bit more polish and a few more features adding.

Thanks

Mark

Aldo Zampatti
08-05-2015, 06:08
Hi All,

Just a few things that I have found possible problems and some questions and just wondered if someone could shed a little light on them?
1 The AI seem very overpowered in the wet (DTM Spa) 2nd in the dry but 8 seconds off last in the wet 90% AI
2 How do I know how much fuel to carry in a race? do I need to work it out manually during practice?
4 How do I set mandatory pit stops in solo races or other rules for e.g. no of tyres allowed per weekend?
6 I cannot scroll up or down on the timing boards to see others lap times (Thrustmaster T300RS)
7 How do I ask my race engineer to troubleshoot problems (it keeps telling me to do it on the loading screens)
9 The timing screens seem broke as they do not show sector times most of the times just -.-.-.-.-
10 Can I select different liveries or do I just get given a random one in solo races?

Great game btw way, the handling model is fantastic and looks absolutely stunning. Just needs a bit more polish and a few more features adding.

Thanks

Mark

1) 90% AI Is fast.. pretty fast. And in the wet I had to re-learn how to drive to compete. Example, STAY OFF the "perfect line" as the rubber gets wet and becomes more slippery than the tarmac. Change your lines :)
2) Yes, during practice and qualify, go edit your setup, there are two sliders for fuel ammount. One for race one for qualify. Be sure to keep note on your fuel consumption as you'll need to calculate apropiately for the race. Some cars has the MOTEC with AVG FUel per lap and Last lap usage

10) YES, when you select the car, click on icon on the upper right corner (three dashes ) Go TO my Garage, select your car, and you'll be able to choose the livery in there.
11) Only with external tools at the moment. PCARS API has that information, there are a lot of 3rd party tools that allow you to read that and more. Check them out here http://www.projectcarsgame.com/apps.html

Yuyuko
08-05-2015, 06:14
Gonna answer the things Aldo didn't cover already.

3) Not a thing, unfortunately
4) Technically you can, by adjusting fuel and tire wear in the Options menu
5) Turn on "Rolling Starts" in the Quick Race race setup menu
6) Known issue, kinda sucks, sorry.
7) Read up on the information in the setup menus, unfortunately.
8) In Formula B, the brand of tires changes mainly the force feedback. In the road classes, it changes wet and dry track behaviors, as well as wear. All race classes that are not Formula B run a generic brand of race tire, with a choice of at least Slicks or Wet tires.
9) This is probably because the drivers have not yet set a lap time. As a session goes on, you should see the times of the drivers. Note that the sector times reset each time a driver completes a lap.

deadboy
08-05-2015, 06:18
EDIT
damn, there are ninjas also here

Siberian Tiger
08-05-2015, 06:22
Hi All,

Yes, i can double that they seems to be a Little bit fast but not drastically. But be sure you don't overdrive your car in WET Less is often More in Wet
On PC you can use some Telemetry Tools like Tome Shanes Profiler or Are Leistads Telemetry Logger, on Console however you have to do your calculations Manual.
You can't know it atm, perhaps something for a future patch...
Setting Mandatory Pit Stops in Solo Races is not possible at the Moment but will be added later...
You can enable Warmup Laps in QRW
Yes, seems to be a Problem doesn't work on my T500RS either... Use your Mouse as Work Around
The Pit Engineer is only one way, you can't ask him something. But you will get a Pitboard on the right if you have a important damage or wear.
If you have different Brands they have other Rubbers (Like Michelin and Bridgestone in older F1 Times)
Are you sure you driving legit laps? You Need at Minimum 2 valid Laps behind each other to have sector Times. (On-Lap and Out-Lap doesn't Count!)
Yes, go to My Garage there you can Setup your car and Change your Livery.
Yes, cycle trough the different HUD Modes / There is a Telemetry Screen with Tire Temps.

Thanks

Mark

Answer in Quotes and Italic Font...

Yuyuko
08-05-2015, 06:24
EDIT
damn, there are ninjas also here

Ghost princess rules the night, always ready to strike.

Boo! :p

caslad81
08-05-2015, 06:31
Thanks for the quick answers!

Morgan Henstridge
08-05-2015, 08:02
Just an FYI, there are Android and iOS apps that will show things like fuel, tyre wear etc all in realtime, which is very handy for the cars without a Motec display.

Aldo Zampatti
08-05-2015, 15:27
Just an FYI, there are Android and iOS apps that will show things like fuel, tyre wear etc all in realtime, which is very handy for the cars without a Motec display.

Exactly and some of them can be found here:
http://www.projectcarsgame.com/apps.html

There are even more than those apps!! Search around for them, some are very very very cool

caslad81
08-05-2015, 18:18
The wet pace at Spa with the DTMs from the limited edition pack definitley needs looking at. Ive tried other cars and there about right but the DTMs are about 4 seconds too quick at 80% and 8 seconds on 90%.

Aldo Zampatti
08-05-2015, 18:23
The wet pace at Spa with the DTMs from the limited edition pack definitley needs looking at. Ive tried other cars and there about right but the DTMs are about 4 seconds too quick at 80% and 8 seconds on 90%.

Rain? Light Rain? Storm?

Tires? Inters? Full Wet?
Let me know, I'll give it a try and report back to see if I see the same. Remember that wet weather is very tricky.

caslad81
08-05-2015, 18:34
Light rain on wet tyres as chosen by the computer, Im not a bad wet driver tbh but they are crazy fast. Ill try the DTMs at another wet track and report back. Ive tried slicks btw which dont work either. There is only 6.5 seconds between there dry and wet pace which over a track as long as Spa isnt right. Like I said the other cars Ive tried are ok, Formula B for eg.

Aldo Zampatti
08-05-2015, 18:36
Okey. Valid. I'll confirm later on in a few hours. Thanks!

caslad81
08-05-2015, 19:26
Tried Sakitto and exactly the same results. Ai seem to drive around with the drs open all lap, they were taking 130R at full throttle with drs open. Seems to be an error with that series of cars in the wet.

Aldo Zampatti
08-05-2015, 19:29
Tried Sakitto and exactly the same results. Ai seem to drive around with the drs open all lap, they were taking 130R at full throttle with drs open. Seems to be an error with that series of cars in the wet.

DRS is a graphical known issue. Physics-wise they don't use it wide open. Still AI could be unrealistically faster. I'll do a proper test/report later on

caslad81
08-05-2015, 20:07
Ok thanks. Blue flags during quali too, dont know if its a know issue either.

Aldo Zampatti
08-05-2015, 20:41
Ok thanks. Blue flags during quali too, dont know if its a know issue either.

Yes, known issue.

I've just tried and AI seemed logical to me. I got 2:16 on dry and 2:25 on wet. I was first on both sessions:

Dry: https://www.dropbox.com/s/pad7j0ce0m2dy09/20150508_171034.jpg?dl=0
Wet: https://www.dropbox.com/s/mxbgpax0hbqttlp/20150508_173253.jpg?dl=0

although I must admit, they were harder on wet, it might need some tweaking.
This was 80% AI

caslad81
08-05-2015, 20:54
I got 2.16.4 on dry which was first and 2.25.5 on wet which was 8 seconds off first, strange.

caslad81
08-05-2015, 21:03
Just re tried, tha ai have a 2.14 on there first lap, faster than my dry time. Can someone else confirm? Thanks

Aldo Zampatti
08-05-2015, 21:04
Just re tried, tha ai have a 2.14 on there first lap, faster than my dry time. Can someone else confirm? Thanks

Please post a screenshot so we can carry that to the AI team.

caslad81
08-05-2015, 21:33

Aldo Zampatti
08-05-2015, 21:35
Well I see you had it in Light Rain, that would build a dry-line and it must be faster than RAIN or Thunderstorm.
Still, shouldn't be 2:1x:xx IMHO, bu 2:20 should be realistic for Light Rain (maybe inters even!)

caslad81
08-05-2015, 22:05
Yeah, pole ended up been 2.11.7 and the computer game me wets. I was 4 seconds down after sector 1 with wets on and 6 seconds down with inters on. On a warm dry day I cant get within 4.5 seconds of that time! Deffinate bug!

wv800mike
15-05-2015, 20:38
ok i am trying to see the laptimes at end of race of opponents and my own, but i dont see them, it just shows me completed time of the race
and i want to go to the farthest view from the car as i can, how do i adjust that , from the standard chase view
need it like the other view , the second chase view that forza had