PDA

View Full Version : Fanatec CSR little to no wheel resistance

thespeedracerx
08-05-2015, 06:16
I have a Fanatec CSR connected via USB using the Steam version of the game. Try as I may, I can only get a little resistance to the steering wheel. The configuration goes fine and I can adjust things. Though, it would seem that all the FFB setting have little affect on the wheel. Only the first, Tire Resistance, causes the wheel to have any resistance at all. It's frustrating. Does anyone have a decent configuration for medium to strong resistance for a Fanatec CSR?

Morgan Henstridge
08-05-2015, 08:14
Hi thespeedracerx, I don't have that wheel so can not comment directly, but maybe also post your Windows settings for the Wheel and maybe someone with the same wheel can compare them if they are getting a better feeling from their settings.

bububu75
08-05-2015, 08:48
I have a Fanatec CSR connected via USB using the Steam version of the game. Try as I may, I can only get a little resistance to the steering wheel. The configuration goes fine and I can adjust things. Though, it would seem that all the FFB setting have little affect on the wheel. Only the first, Tire Resistance, causes the wheel to have any resistance at all. It's frustrating. Does anyone have a decent configuration for medium to strong resistance for a Fanatec CSR?

...same problem with a thrustmaster T500RS : only the 1st line does caus an increase in FFB resistance, other settings, i e the x, y, z, and Mz do not seem to work, and I just DON'T UNDERSTAND what they mean. The final FFB feeling is NOT NATURAL, and I get 2 big problems :
1) I can't feel the car sliding (and absolutely no tyre noise !)
2) Passing on kerbs : you don't ever notice it in the wheel.

NB : My Windows settings for my wheel are correct, as the FFB feeling is very good in Assetto Corsa.

ozm8ey
08-05-2015, 09:13
I have the same wheel and I think i have the soultion if you haven't already tried before you go to race go to the car tuning then click on force feedback tab then where it says Master scale put it to at around 80

x107
08-05-2015, 13:33
Hi thespeedracerx, I have the same wheel and may be able to help out. First do you have the latest drivers and firmware for the wheel? If not they can be found here (http://www.fanatec.com/us-en/racing-wheels/forza-motorsport-csr-wheel-us.html#downloads). I currently use the 756 firmware and driver v205. Also you should have FFB set to 100 in the controller menu. To do this go to Options & Help-Controls-Configuration-then scroll down the menu until you see Force Feedback.

You might also need to adjust another option called Tire Force. This can be found in the Controls menu by clicking the button in lower right corner called Calibrate Force Feedback. The Tire Force Slider should be the first one you see, and should be set to around 100. If you need to you can try setting this higher, but be careful as if its set too high it will cause FFB to clip. Lastly make sure FFB is set to 100 on the wheel itself. Hopefully this will help.

The1Dijk
08-05-2015, 13:48
I've read quite a few things about ffb now. I have the same wheel. Post above me gives useful information but the most important ffb setting is in the car setup screen. Master scale setting has been put on 26 for every car. Try to up that setting (to eg 50) and you'll feel a big difference. The ideal setting differs per car so you'll have to experiment a bit.

ACR Easy
09-05-2015, 05:14
Dude, you need this!! http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22122-G25-G27-SETUP-GUIDE Dont care about the G25 / 27 thing! Just do it!

My FFB has changed to 100%!!!Minimum Force is about 16%, if you put the Tyre Force to about 160 and minimum force to 0,16% it will kick your brain! It is like a complete new game!!

GTsimms
09-05-2015, 05:16
I will have to check it out working with GT3 RS V2 right now

thespeedracerx
09-05-2015, 16:37
Thanks everyone for the replies. Glad I wasn't the only one wondering why the CSR didn't perform as I wanted with this great game. Special thanks to Konstantin Broemmelsiek for finding the guide. Following that seemed to clear most everything up! Here are my settings thus far:

CSR Wheel
SEN = 90
FF = 100
SHO = 90
DRI = OFF
ABS = 90
LIN = 0
DEA = 0
SPR = 0
DPR = 0
ACL = OFF

IN GAME CONFIGURATION
Steering Deadzone = 0
Steering Sensitivity = 50
Throttle Deadzone = 6
Throttle Sensitivity = 50
Brake Deadzone = 6
Brake Sensitivity = 50
Clutch Deadzone = 6
Clutch Sensitivity = 50
Speed Sensitivity = 0
Controller Filtering Sensitivity = 0
Damper Saturation = 0

FORCE FEEDBACK CALIBRATION
Tire Force = 100 --------- NEW VALUE ----------> 150
Per Wheel Movement = 0.00
Per Wheel Movement Squared = 0.00
Wheel Position Smoothing = 0.04
Deadzone Removal Range = 0.00 --------- NEW VALUE ----------> 0.20
Deadzone Removal Falloff = 0.01
Linkage Scale = 0.00
Linkage Stiffness = 1.00
Linkage Damping = 1.00
Relative Adjust Gain = 0.98
Relative Adjust Bleed = 0.10
Relative Adjust Clamp = 0.96
Scoop Knee = 0.70
Scoop Reduction = 0.15
Soft Clipping 1/2 output = 0.00
Soft Clipping full output = 0.00

I wish there was better documentation for all of these FFB variables! Next up, I'd like to find a way, similar to Assetto Corsa, to tweak the FFB for hitting curbs.

Zzas
14-05-2015, 10:59
I had the same problem, I tried everithing to fix it, no results, finaly I discover that, if I swich on the wheel, while the game is already on, forceFeed back did not always worked. I swich on and conect the wheel to the pc, even before starting Steam... I hope it helps, It was driving me crazy. Apologies for my English. Bye.