PDA

View Full Version : KERS Use on LMP1

The Johnx
08-05-2015, 06:37
I have KERS mapped to the B button on my Thrustmaster TX but when driving an LMP1 car around La Sarthe, the KERS is deployed automatically, when accelerating out of slow corners. Why is this and is there any way of using manual deployment?

Yuyuko
08-05-2015, 06:42
Due to real-life Le Mans Prototype regulations, KERS deployment is automatic. You cannot force manual activation or deactivation on this class of cars. You can manually activate KERS in the Formula A.

The Johnx
08-05-2015, 06:46
Fantastic, thanks for the quick response! I didn't know that automatic KERS deployment is mandatory on LMP1 - everyday's a learning day!

:-)

Yuyuko
08-05-2015, 06:51
My associate Youmu was pretty surprised to learn that herself while testing the RWD P30. It should be noted that the Formula A and B cars are currently the only cars with dedicated manually activated push-to-pass systems.

Patrik Marek
08-05-2015, 07:00
also, if I'm not wrong , Caterham SP300 has kers on button, but it doens't recharger each lap, you have "boost" for entire race ( and it's also a brilliant car)

kutta
08-06-2016, 15:04
Due to real-life Le Mans Prototype regulations, KERS deployment is automatic. You cannot force manual activation or deactivation on this class of cars. You can manually activate KERS in the Formula A.

In real life, the automatic KERS deployment is not a rule mandatory and drivers have that "Boost button" (at least for the 919) on their steering wheel (that's the red button on the top left side of the 919 wheel for example). They map it because its the most efficient way to use it, but nothing in the rules force them to do so and they quite frequently use that boost to overtake.

Thus, in real life you can force manual activation.

Thomas Sikora
08-06-2016, 18:19
You have automatic kers-releases by pedal in the LMP1 (here you can drive with 90% and save the power for long straights like first full power after eao rouge @ spa, in spa you can gain 2 seconds if not driving everywhere 100% pedal)
You have button released kers HOLD for power use
You have push to pass "kers" like in the cateham,push one time it will be activated for limited time and one time per lap

As said, for the LMP1 it makes sense to use full throttel strategic.

kevin kirk
14-06-2016, 22:07
In real life, the automatic KERS deployment is not a rule mandatory and drivers have that "Boost button" (at least for the 919) on their steering wheel (that's the red button on the top left side of the 919 wheel for example). They map it because its the most efficient way to use it, but nothing in the rules force them to do so and they quite frequently use that boost to overtake.

Thus, in real life you can force manual activation.....the changes that are happining when hitting that button is to the engine mapping not so much of just releasing kers. It works the same in F1 has the last couple of years. Its more like a temporary passing mode for the engine for lack of a better term.

Brent G
15-06-2016, 10:04
The Stance Works 1M has it too so is it auto also? I haven't mapped KERS for the reason mentioned above in regard to LMP Machines. Is it KERS or is supposed to be a NO2 system?

Thomas Sikora
15-06-2016, 10:13
Its not a KERS or NO2, its not mapped by a button.
Its a overboos fuction in the 1M (more turbo pressure allowed) were you can use for 8 seconds 40hp more, then you have a cooldown phase of 30 seconds.

moustace
15-06-2016, 14:01
How much kers per lap is there? When driving Nordschleife in the Toyota LMP1 I have kers for about 3 minutes at the start of each lap, how is this calculated?

AbeWoz
15-06-2016, 14:05
How much kers per lap is there? When driving Nordschleife in the Toyota LMP1 I have kers for about 3 minutes at the start of each lap, how is this calculated?

unlimited per lap in LMP1 cars. it is regenerated under heavy braking.

moustace
15-06-2016, 17:41
unlimited per lap in LMP1 cars. it is regenerated under heavy braking.

Can't be unlimited, it stops just before 3 minutes at Nords.

beetes_juice
15-06-2016, 17:45
Its not unlimited. Have a total of 6MJ per lap of hybrid discharge in the TS040. Always end up running out in S3 of Lemans.

Caseys TS040 Physics Post (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?41348-The-Physics-of-Japanese-Cars-Expansion&highlight=japanese+expansion).

AbeWoz
15-06-2016, 17:49
Its not unlimited. Have a total of 6MJ per lap of hybrid discharge in the TS040. Always end up running out in S3 of Lemans.

Caseys TS040 Physics Post (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?41348-The-Physics-of-Japanese-Cars-Expansion&highlight=japanese+expansion).

oh yeah i forgot about that haha

kutta
09-07-2016, 18:14
....the changes that are happining when hitting that button is to the engine mapping not so much of just releasing kers. It works the same in F1 has the last couple of years. Its more like a temporary passing mode for the engine for lack of a better term.This button is an electric boost, that's all it is. Dunno where you heard that it mostly affected the engine (off course it helps the engine when all that electric power is unleashed). Pressing it less than 1 sec is generally sufficient for overtaking.