PDA

View Full Version : [ANSWERED] Why can't I save more than one car to my garage?

BSG
08-05-2015, 06:40
I can't seem to save more than one car at a time to my garage. I choose a car and save it, then when I select another car and save that car it overrides the previous saved car. What is the process for saving multiple cars to the garage??

IJerichoI
08-05-2015, 06:42
Do you mean having them in your garage in general? Or do you mean setup-wise?

Our "Garage" is not a collection room for cars, but more a workstation where you can get infos about the selected car, and also create setups for it. So you basically have all cars in your garage everytime.

Sankyo
08-05-2015, 06:46
All cars are in your garage, but you can only view one at a time in the garage screen. pCARS isn't a car collection game, everything is available for you to drive from the start. There is no screen to show you all cars that you can drive in one shot, because it won't fit :)

peevee88
08-05-2015, 07:41
You need to have the ability to save car setups for individual cars which is not possible - and multiple versions of the setups especially since there are so many variable racing conditions in pCars.
Every serious sim has this setup saving option and not having it is a drawback to pCars.

Sankyo
08-05-2015, 07:43
You need to have the ability to save car setups for individual cars which is not possible - and multiple versions of the setups especially since there are so many variable racing conditions in pCars.
Every serious sim has this setup saving option and not having it is a drawback to pCars.

That's a different issue and one that the devs recognize.

Alan Dallas
08-05-2015, 08:31
Every car you adjust the setup on make sure your are pressing SAVE. Select a track to save the setup too or a group of tracks. When you go back to that car in the garage it'll automatically load it's setup you Saved based on the current track selected.

peevee88
08-05-2015, 11:18
Every car you adjust the setup on make sure your are pressing SAVE. Select a track to save the setup too or a group of tracks. When you go back to that car in the garage it'll automatically load it's setup you Saved based on the current track selected.

This is not working my side - always default even between sessions. No worries as long as saving setups is on the dev menu we can live with it for now as it is - but not ideal...

Johnnypenso1
09-05-2015, 07:17
Every serious sim has this setup saving option and not having it is a drawback to pCars.Huge drawback. You need different tunes for different conditions and you should be able to save them all and label them as well.

Darknoodles
09-05-2015, 09:44
I do agree with the previous post, it would be nice to be able to save several settings per track, so we can have let's say a drift, max speed, sharp corner, rainy settings for that track without having to change everything everytime the weather/condition changes.
And also have an "on the fly" section where we can save general settings.

charliev69
09-05-2015, 10:10
I do agree with the previous post, it would be nice to be able to save several settings per track, so we can have let's say a drift, max speed, sharp corner, rainy settings for that track without having to change everything everytime the weather/condition changes.
And also have an "on the fly" section where we can save general settings.

There's no easy way of sharing setups either , no individual txt files , :dejection:

davide vr
09-05-2015, 10:12
We want to have multiple saves of setup of the same car, and this saves must be accesible from the box during the practice session and qualification.
Also need to be able to share the saves with friends in the lobby.
All good race simulators have this.

davide vr
09-05-2015, 10:15
And more about setup issue:
Why i cant increase/decrease a setup value by 1 step but only by 10 step? This is absurd! :culpability::culpability:

saxohare
10-05-2015, 07:21
And Even more,
I want to able to adjust my setups in "Time Trail" (or ghost support in "Free Practice")

Sankyo
10-05-2015, 07:23
And more about setup issue:
Why i cant increase/decrease a setup value by 1 step but only by 10 step? This is absurd! :culpability::culpability:

You're on console and/or using a gamepad I guess? Known issue, will be solved.

Sankyo
10-05-2015, 07:25
This is not working my side - always default even between sessions. No worries as long as saving setups is on the dev menu we can live with it for now as it is - but not ideal...

What platform are you on? Could you write down the steps how to repro this issue?

xeronima
10-05-2015, 23:11

I experienced the same issue. It seems however to be periodic.
Went to practice session on the bmw m1 second event (zolder). Tuned in the tire pressure. Went to take a pit stop. Wanted to change the tire pressure but couldn't remember the values by heart. So I went back to pit room opened the tuning session and saw the tire pressure change right in front of me. Rather frustrating.

Malkiv
11-05-2015, 00:55
And Even more,
I want to able to adjust my setups in "Time Trail" (or ghost support in "Free Practice")

I would love to just be able to adjust my setups in Free Practice, and also be able to adjust graphic/sound options in ANY mode. It seems asinine that I can't even lower the game's volume without either backing out of a race or alt-tabbing to the mixer. Also, what is up with Free Practice counting toward ANYTHING in my Driver Profile? I legitimately have only been in 18 "official" races (all in career mode), yet look at this ridiculousness: http://i60.tinypic.com/or6mvq.jpg Sure, let me run 250 laps on Nürburgring so my Road affinity isn't tanked from adjusting graphic settings and setups. :rolleyes:

peevee88
11-05-2015, 11:00
That's a different issue and one that the devs recognize.
So will this change in the near future?

davide vr
11-05-2015, 13:01
You're on console and/or using a gamepad I guess? Known issue, will be solved.

yes ps4 with gamepad

Mcleod
11-05-2015, 13:13
I love this game but considering it was supposed to have been made by racers for racers the idea that you can't just load up your race setup after quali is just ridiculous. Surely this must have come up enough during the years of development for something to have been in place by launch.

danowat
11-05-2015, 13:16
I love this game but considering it was supposed to have been made by racers for racers the idea that you can't just load up your race setup after quali is just ridiculous. Surely this must have come up enough during the years of development for something to have been in place by launch.

I've not seen much mention of this, and I've posted the question a few times to no avail.

There is no way to load ANY setup outside of your garage?, is this correct?

Mcleod
11-05-2015, 13:49
I've not seen much mention of this, and I've posted the question a few times to no avail.

There is no way to load ANY setup outside of your garage?, is this correct?

Yup unless I've missed something blatantly obvious all you do is save a setup for a car in your garage, you can assign that setup to either all tracks or a group or individual track. The game then loads automatically the setup for that car and track when you enter a session, if you havent saved a setup for that track it will just load the stock setup for that car. All you can do once in the session is adjust break balance and tyre pressures.

I would normally have a race setup and a qualifying setup for each car and track but this is impossible. A huge fault in a racing game of this caliber and quality and I find it amazing that they have not included it yet when just about every other game on PC and console alike does have this feature - totally baffling.

Exocet
29-05-2015, 18:05
If you save a set up to a specific track it loads automatically.... I think.

It is a poor system. Do away with what they have, save by name, load at anytime? Let you have as many set ups as required for each car and a nice easy scrolling index for them. I thought it would have been the simplest way in the first place.

Ochilbaz
30-05-2015, 06:48
Maybe I'm not doing something correctly, here is what I experience....... I go to my garage and select a car, I tune to what I prefer, I press save, then it says "circuit" , I then press save and I get no track choices I just get the option of "all tracks"

Xbox1

Spiny Anteater
30-05-2015, 08:26
Maybe I'm not doing something correctly, here is what I experience....... I go to my garage and select a car, I tune to what I prefer, I press save, then it says "circuit" , I then press save and I get no track choices I just get the option of "all tracks"

Xbox1

I forget whether it's right trigger or right button you need to press at this point, but when you do it will bring up a list of all the tracks and you can select which track(s) you want to save that tune for. If you select save at the point where you are above, it will save the tune for all tracks.

could_do_better
30-05-2015, 08:34
We all agree with multiple setups and sharing, its a very well acknowledged weakness, which will be rectified. It is all about scheduling, it isn't that hard to implement, should have been in from day one, but wasn't. The good news is along with a whole load of other improvements, there is real commitment to put these things right.

Ochilbaz
30-05-2015, 14:52
Thanks MR anteater, it was the right paddle shifter I had to use. Sorted now

Ochilbaz

ashleyhowell
23-10-2016, 17:38
We all agree with multiple setups and sharing, its a very well acknowledged weakness, which will be rectified. It is all about scheduling, it isn't that hard to implement, should have been in from day one, but wasn't. The good news is along with a whole load of other improvements, there is real commitment to put these things right.

Yes, real commitment to putting it right.. Pretty much putting me off investing anymore time into this game..